Furi thread

Have any of you fags played this?
I'm really enjoying it so far, which the controls were tighter though.

Just finished it last night, probably going to start a Furier mode playthrough tonight or tomorrow. Also working on getting S ranks on everyone in Furi mode, gotta figure out a way to shave like 30 seconds off my Song time.

Is the conclusion decent?
I'm starting to create expectations and I'm afraid it won't be anywhere near them.
no spoilers though please

Eh, kinda. I felt the story wrapped up fine but the last three bosses are mechanically the weakest in the game.

I Its a boss rush right? I've looked at it once or twice.

Great game. I've been watching some people stream it recently and it's funny how you can categorize people into two groups based on how they approach it:

It's a great litmus test for casualness.

Yeah it's a fairly short but fairly challenging boss rush game. Provided you don't get super stuck on anything you can beat it on normal in 2-4 hours.

There are some flaws though
Its great that the game only reies only on visual cues, but the dash move needed something to tell us when it reaches the midpoint.
The segments where this is needed are rare and short, short enough for you to not get good and to die rapidly.

Best song coming through.

NICE GAME

Isn't that sniper lady one of the last three? I thought she was pretty neat.

more like CANCER

Nah, she's the last mechanically sound one before it goes into real gimmick bosses. Even then her and Song are a little light on melee phases for my tastes.

Top tier, but this one's better.

So you haven't played the game?
You really haven't played the game have you?

perfect parrying makes you lose dps because shooting is faster than a cutscene

and that sniper boss is pure rng you fucking faggot

Try shooting the shield or the time faggot then

nice meme

You don't have to slash them when they get stunned by a perfect parry

Ah, I think I neglected to count the star. I think the last two before the star are meant more to be plot points than real bosses, ala demon souls final boss. That being said, that's kind of crummy in a boss battle centric game. I think the swordsman fight had real potential, it's just woefully too short at only 3 sequences.

Thats 3 already

good, but overpriced and short

a good pirate. don't bother buying.

I'm buying it after I finish it

You like Bullet Hells? You like Boss Rushes? You like Swordplay? Well congrats it's all in 1 game but it does none of these genre's very well at all when compared to other games of the similar genre.

Basically lower your expectations for its individual parts and try to find interest in the boss variety. Half of which are pretty boring or tedious though imo. I give it a 5/10ish. Pretty boring and the soundtrack only had about 3 or 4 memorable tracks, won't play again.

its a nifty little game, worth a playthrough but maybe not more than that, it has a solid foundation and follows a good set of design rules. it makes a point not to handhold the player but also pigeonholes them into forced walking segments between bosses which seems rather silly

Now for the million dollar question.
Is the MC a nigger?

Probably
The designs were by the same westaboo that made Afro Samurai

the controls are tight you noob learn to dash properly
also learn to spell wish

Nigger pls

You're a cuck but ok. Your money.

I think they deserve the money
I'll give them 15 eurobucks

Nice reddit spacing by the way

But that's wrong. Parrying is entirely audio. Were it not for the area attacks you could do duel sections with your eyes closed.

They're ripping you off with an overpriced tag.
Gooood goy, give the indie hip devs 100% more money worth the software real price.
You're either a good goy cuck or a shill. Either, fuck off.

There's a difference between spacing and double spacing, but that's the kind of come back expected from someone dumb enough to waste money on an indie game not worth its price.

Taking bets on this posters age.

5 internets says hes 17

Way to be a cuck, cuck.

cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck

You are right, but its most of the game is trough visual cues.
I was just trying to prove the point that there is no HUD outside lifebars

I've had more fun with these 4 hours than 50 hours shit tier games and the devs as far as I know aren't SJW cucks.

Not on your first playtrought
Not on the subsequent playtrough that you will play if you're not a fucking casual
Fuck out of here

couldn't agree more. anyone who tolerates the mandatory slow, long ass, unskippable walking scenes between fights is a complete faggot and should off themselves for liking such cancer.

thanks for reminding me to get a refund on this op

that sums up my entire opinion of the game

and this ofc

whoa whoa hold the fuck up, what if my speakers were broken or some shit? how the fuck am i going to play then? goddamn that is fucking retarded.

basic rule of game design: never assume the player has [x] peripheral available to them, whether [x] is a controller or fucking speakers/headphones.

Try shooting yourself you retarded niggerfaggot

That's the fucking stupidest thing I've read all day. By that logic all games should be able to play themselves because you can't assume they'll have a keyboard and mouse either, much less a monitor to be able to see what's happening.

It is a pretty mediocre game. If you found it hard though that's just sad.

so basically games are never allowed to use audio cues? That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day

k

No you're just shit. If you've ever played and beaten a bullet hell the game is cake.

Great game but there's this really bizarre culture of 'anti-fans' who follow it to the ends of the earth just to shit on it. Just look at this thread for example

That's great and all but have you heard of a game called Undertale? Undertale is a great game but there's this really bizarre culture of 'anti-fans' who follow it to the ends of the earth just to shit on it.

Nailed it.

Are you being retarded on purpose?

No he's proving you don't have an argument.

Its not Japanese user
If it was Japanese it would have its cock sucked dry.

Reminder that if you like this you have never played any SHMUP or Spectacle Figher in your life.
Why aren't you paying attention to CAVE and Platinum games instead?
Why aren't you cuntpasting ZUNs obnoxious shit everywhere?
Instead of wasting 4 hours of your miserable pathetic life on an actual decent piece of media.

And mind you plenty of these faggots complaining play MMOs, ASSFAGGOTS and CRAPCUNTS and justify their skinnerbox timesinks by refering to their own brand of shit as superior to all others.

I already refereed to why your argument is bullshit in

It includes to many of the functions that make a good game without actually applying them very well. Every major genre they use and mix into the game is by no means that great when you consider games where these genre mechanics came from. The novelty is in that all of the genres are in the same game but novelty's run dry pretty soon. The only reason I wouldn't say it's shit is because of the boss variety and the "atmosphere". Which to be fair aren't that bad.

I think the major problem with the game is that it's nothing special, and that it's fairly simple to break down where it does and doesn't work because it's such a simple game. Apparently people didn't get the memo though because we're still getting threads on it. Still though it's nice to see so much retarded pessimism for people who enjoy jap shit. If you knew any better you might understand where these fags are coming from.

I like Jap shit you retard, I wouldn't even be on this board if such was not the case.
I want Tekken 7, Revelator, Nier Automata, Atelier Firis and EDF 5 on my fucking hands pronto.
Its weeaboo retards with absolute shit tier taste on most things who think all western games are shit and everything Nip is superior that need to be fucking gassed.

And your whole fucking post contradicts itself.
"The game is a novelty"
"But its nothing special"
Come on now

It's not like you came off as any less retarded by calling jap games shit. The fact that I concluded that you were shitting on jap games in general isn't really a leap of logic the pisspoor way you presented your stance on this. Either way you basically just stated that "bad jap games are bad". Congrats on that incredible new discovery. I would say the amount of faggots on Holla Forums who actually think all western vidya is shit compared to Jap shit is an incredible minority here as I usually only see people say that ironically or when they're obviously shitposting, but then again I'm not a paid shill hired to tally posts correlating to such a stance.

also
Re-read what I posted. It's a novelty that wears off to become nothing special. Much like Marriage as an example.

Oh shit, we're having furry threads on Holla Forums now?! Wew!

Read the thread faggot.

Shit thought I was in my bad, continue funposting.

strangely, Holla Forums doesn't seem to like (modern) small and simple games with great execution on grounds of them being too small in scale and (at first glance) simplistic in terms of depth
Games like Devil Daggers, newer shmups, Super Crate Box, Gigantic Army and so on (I don't really consider Furi to be one of them).

The idea of dedicating several hours of mastering a game which lasts no longer than half an hour seems like a completely foreign concept to many people here, and in turn causes them to view games like these through a different lens. Games should be more, deeper, expanded, and so on. While there's nothing wrong with that, that kind of criticism is aimed more towards broken hopes than the actual game itself. There's nothing wrong with simplicity as much as depth does not imply automatic improvement. There's nothing wrong with short games as much as longer games do not automatically make better games. Of course there's the pricetag, but

I'm quite baffled that most criticism levied at a game like Devil Daggers were shit like 'it should have more weapons', 'there should be more levels', 'there should be actual (?level design)', 'there should've been a campaign' etc. The game is clearly built around what little it has and executes that perfectly, but years of conditioning have trained us to expect more.

I don't quite understand either why Furi is compared to other bullet hells when it does its own thing in that regard, many bullets in Furi are cancelable while dodging relies on dashing and prediction rather than micrododging

Though I'm curious about what people who think Furi's bosses are a memorizationfest think about the bosses in Ys games

It's ok, user. I was just pretending to be a furry. I got you good didn't I?

At least do it right, user. That's scalie.

I read the post in different context to what I thought so sorta, mostly by mistake.

Bump

This guy has it.

I pirated it after it came out. If it had been boss rush only or I could skip whatever stupid story they wanted me to see, I would probably praise this game. But the game's a complete package and I judge it as such.

You press A/X
Done