Nogame

I've been an avid gaymur for the better part of my life, but now I wish to quit. I've given my gaymin computer to my sister, and I've taken her shitty facebook machine. Why, you ask? Because I want to improve myself, and because gaming has become a big enough part of my life to make me see the hobby as a barrier between me and my goals; while a fun timesink (time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time), I know I could have even greater pleasures and rewards in the future if I pursue my dreams.

I was wondering if anyone here ever wanted to do the same I'm doing here, for any reason whatsoever; be it leave the activity entirely or simply stop for a while to enjoy themselves a bit more when they come back to it. It's kind of like that /nofap/ board, and while the irony of posting such a thread on Holla Forums is not lost on me, I honestly didn't see a better place to do it.

Anyway, pledge, discuss, and relapse ITT.

Your hobby became a habit and now you feel like it has stolen time from you. But you squandered that time yourself. Cutting out video games won't cure the laziness and lack of motivation. It'll just leave you more bored while you waste your time.

if you can't tone down your time spent on video games as needed and it's getting in the way of your other daily activities you're an addict and need help and radical changes in how you go about your life. if you don't feel the same passion you do for video games as you once did and want to quit then you've simple grown bored of it as a hobby and need a new one, it happens with everything in life and isn't anything special.

I don't see a reason to stop playing video games. I study at university, play video games and spend time on the computer in general. I suppose my face to face social interactions with other people are minimal but then again I don't feel the need to change that. I'm improving myself through education at university as well as preparing myself for a carreer and still have time to read, play, watch and educate myself on curiosities or small skills. Honestly, I don't understand how you can't find time in your life for video games and other things. You don't NEED to devote all of your time to video games.

No.

If I can't get the games I want from this shit of an industry, I'll make them myself.

If you have so little willpower that you need to get rid of your computer you are not going to do anything in the first place. If you want to accomplish your dreams just do it, you are not being lazy because your computer is there, you are lazy and waste your time with the computer. The only thing you need to change is yourself, it has nothing to do with the things around you.

I've been an avid drinker for the better part of my life, but now I wish to quit. I've given my strongest vodka to my sister, and I've taken her shitty apple juice. Why, you ask? Because I think the problem is with the drink, not with me and because drinking has become a big enough part of my life to make me think that if I cut down on the drinking, everything else will magically improve; while a fun way to pass the time (time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time), I know that if there's no bottles around, I'll naturally be responsible and motivated to improve myself.

I was wondering if anyone here ever blamed their shitty problems on inanimate objects or concepts to do the same I'm doing here, for any reason whatsoever; be it so you don't actually have to solve anything or simply stop for a while to enjoy themselves a bit more when they come back to it. It's kind of like that /nofap/ board, except I'm basing this decision entirely on my feelings, and while the irony of posting such a thread on Holla Forums is completely lost on me, I honestly didn't see a better place to do it then a board dedicated to people that care about this hobby as a lifestyle.

Anyway, pledge, discuss, and relapse ITT.

No I don't.

l2dopamine

This thread is obviously made for people who WANT to stop, and can't.

I never said games were bad; I never told you to stop playing games.

If you get enough dopamine out of videogames that it becomes a problem, you're an addict, plain and simple. Videogames are supposed to be fun and entertaining but dopamin isn't supposed to be a factor here unless you can produce more by playing a videogame than fapping.

That's you thinking everyone is naive enough to believe that when in reality, that's not what's gonna happen.

You implied in your posts that videogames robbed you of time you could have used to pursue your dreams and that you'd feel happier trying to achieve them instead of playing more videogames. You're implying that videogames prevent people from achieving what they want by keeping them busy and if you didn't think they were bad, you wouldn't completely ditch them.

I know very well what this thread is about and the farce ends here.
You're another Holla Forumsack faggot that doesn't sympathise with the videogame enthusiasts both here and on your board. You think videogames are a complete waste of time that could be spent improving yourself, your nation or even simply making more white babies.
And you're trying to use the most roundabout reverse psychology in a very pathetic attempt at social engineering to get everyone here to admit that videogames are actually harmfull for them.

You can take your shitty ideas back to your board and stay there, not everyone here is an underaged ADHD kid that thrives on kill streaks. Some of us enjoy the emotions they get out of certain games, or the competition and the communities that surround them. Some of us like to play a game like someone enjoys a book and really get lost in it. I'd argue that playing Stalker is just as good as reading Roadside Picnic if somewhat in a completely different way.

And most of us here know very well that everything we do in videogames is not a life achievement in itself nor something to brag about or give purpose to our life. Some of us actually work a job or do a craft and play videogames on their spare time. Some of us even strive and work towards their dreams while playing videogames.

So can it, you're not fooling anyone. As long as you keep looking at us like children, as long as you keep that "games are for children" idea, you'll never be able to argue here.

You're wrong, plain and simple. I did not imply any of that, or at least that really wasn't my intention.

I don't even know why you're so defensive, it's almost like you're afraid or something. For the record, I'm trying to quit lots of other things too, not just video games (programming is a good example, also music, both things I've been doing for the past 10 years), I just made this thread out of 1. curiosity and 2. because it's one of the things that I enjoyed discussing over here.

If you're super stronk and could just change your life radically and leave your hobbies without so much as looking back over your shoulder I'm very very happy for you man, I really am, but unfortunately I'm a very weak little boy who needs his mummy and who cries at night and stuff. Games were a part of my daily "feel good", man, come on, how can you not understand that?

Fuck dude, if you really believe everything's Holla Forumss doing then I really pity you. You can take the reverse tinfoil hat now, though.

If you're quitting music, programming and video games then what the fuck are you doing?

Drawing and storytelling.

I want to draw dresses one day, alright? Happy now?

ha, fag.

HAH HOMO.

So you've decided to become an anchorite or a yamabushi or something.

let's say you sleep 8, work a dayjob for 8 hours, spend about an hour per day on average on cooking and whatever housekeeping you need to do, that would still leave you with 7 hours of whatever the fuck. You're going to write stories and draw pretty dresses that whole time?

I think it's good OP is trying to get a grip on his life while it's been slipping away and wants to do productive things with his time. Most of the fags here are just insecure about how much time they waste with vidya. Good on OP for not wanting to be NEET and suicidal.

WOMEN'S dresses. Fucks sake, guys.

It's partly because of spirituality as well. I'm not religious, but I want to focus on studying my higher self.

It's been hard to turn my life around 180º, but this is something I really want, and they are things that I see as ultimate goals in my life.

10 hours for work (including trips and meal time in my current case, I'm a young worker), 7 hours of sleep (I've been thinking of pushing it back ever further to 6), 2 hours for anything else. Leaves me about 6 hours, and yes, that is indeed the plan, filling my life with those 3 things (for the most part, of course).

It's also about strength of will and discipline, I want to be able to change this much, you know? I want to be able to do it.

Just kill yourself.

Don't worry dude, I don't actually have a GF, so I'm in the clear.

underrated post.

what sort of shithole do you live in if you need to work 10 hours a day to support yourself? why do you need 2 hours every day for cooking or household chores? if you live by yourself you don't need a big apartment, a small apartment has very low cost and time requirements for upkeep. if you live by yourself you can make good foor for cheap because you can buy things in normal amounts and make food in normal amounts but eat from it longer than if your household had two people in it.

That explains everything

I live by myself in a 28 square meter studio apartment with 500€ per month of student governement bucks as my only income outside of working during summer when there are no university courses. I've been doing this for 3 years now, I'm very healthy and cook my own food that's just as high quality as anything an amateur cook would make. I spend about 50€ on food per week without any sort of planning and even some items I could live without, a little under 400€ on rent+power+water+internet. anything that goes over 500€ comes from the savings I got working a few hours per day for 10€ per hour during summer.

you can take your shiggy diggy doos and shove them up your free wheeling asshole where all the hookers and blow that you spend your money on end up.

I don't actually work 10 hours a day, that's counting trip time and stuff. It's actually more like 11 hours a day just with the work routine. My work isn't very straight forward, since it's engineering work based on projects, and I often bring work home as well, but 11 to 12 hours dedicated to work is about right in an ideal day.

I get up at 8:00, to record dreams, have to catch the train at 9:00, get to work at 9:30, leave 18:30, get home 20:00 and go to bed at about 1:00, leaving me five hours not counting anything else; 4 hours, maybe, of "actual" activity.

I still live with my parents (as I said, just got off school), and my hope is that when I have a car and a house nearer to where I work, I can cut some of that time off - time which will probably be then spent actually doing house stuff anyway, so it probably won't change much. While I really really want to get out of my parent's home because I just want to stop being a burden, I realize that's still a fair bit away from my current state.

Why do you want to know so much about this user?
Do I have a secret admirer perhaps?

Great blog, OP, keep us updated.

Don't try to turn this around as if it's not just people essentially calling you a faggot for being a blogposting queer looking for validation by posting what questionable decisions you made with your worthless life.

Because life to me is very easy even though my family has most definitely had it's share of life changing events in the past decade. I'm trying to figure out if I'm some sort of amazing magic man who has the ability to organize my life well and make good life decision or whether most people are just shit at it.

If you work that much at a proper job and live with your parents who I assume are helping with at least some living costs, how do you not have enough money saved to move to your own place? if I had trouble fitting everything I want to do into my life, the first thing I'd do is stop worrying about shit like keeping a dream diary. my suggestion for cutting commuting time: buy a bike.

Yeah, you do not live on 500€ here in my country, that ain't going to happen.

I'm happy that you can manage all your time and shit with all that you have available to you, I really am, but circumstances are what they are, so instead of hanging out in a thread whose topic really does not do anything for you, why don't you go on other threads you like instead? Now you know that this is not just some anti-jew Holla Forums propaganda trying to blue pill you or something, so your mind should be at rest, no?

Report sage and hide.

Oh, and a dream diary is actually pretty core to what I'm trying to do, so I don't see your point there.

I work about 7 hours every day. I play a musical instrument and I'm currently learning another one. I write code for a game I like to help with and I do vydia dev sometimes as well. And I still manage to find time for videogames and anime.

Wanna know my secret? You make a fucking schedule and you stick to it. You exert some willpower over yourself and stop making excuses or procrastinating. I already tried doing things your way and ditch as much as possible to focus on one thing only. It didn't worked because removing things doesn't create enthusiasm for something else, you'll just try to find other things to entertain yourself and postpone actually doing what you set out to do.

Oh, you're an artist. I guess that explains the lack of willpower.
And a faggot\women on top of that. You should have posted this in the OP, would avoid a lot of shitposting.

And you're here because?

Because I keep a few tabs open for threads that interest me while I wait for code to finish compiling.
Just because breathing and walking is considered avanced multitasking for you, it doesn't mean other people can't do it.

Wow user, you sure a fulfilled and so much better than me. Golly gee, I sure hope I can be like you some day!

Probably should stop trying at this point, thread's attracting nothing but people like you, who honestly seem to me the types mentioned.

But projection aside, right?

Says the faggot that doesn't have enough willpower to stop playing videogames and get back to draw skirts.
Tell me what's the difference between your case and the average land whale that can't see cakes without devouring them?

You're asking a bunch of in denial faggots how to better yourself? lol
Have you ever quit anything in your life before? Gone on a diet, quit smoking, drinking, drugs etc? If you haven't and you just went cold turkey then good fucking luck and see you next week with a "what games can I run on a potato thread".

If you actually read the thread you'd know I'm not just looking to let video games go. Also, some people are just inferior in some aspects than you, deal with it and stop shitposting, faggot.

I'm not asking anyone anything, I've set my mind on this, and no, I'm not going to fail. Again, I did this thread for those who want to stop (even if for a while, for any reason), not to tell you video games are bad or to ask advice or anything like that.

Fuck guys, how's that hard to understand?