Weeb Tactics: Commandos of the Shogun

Honnorabu faggotu-sama, ret's take a breaku from all the o-shitpostingu.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6TJWYKOSFEGWUUNJVPBLNTU677R6DH7D&

Why not, shame my backlog's a bit too vast and turgid right now.

Hell, I still got AoD, Serpent in the Staglands and Underrail on mine

Amazing game, I'm really enjoying it.

You have my attention. And a download.

I've played the demo, decided to get it off the back of that. The art style's great and so's the music, and I liked the gameplay.

However, OP is a colossal spunktrumpet. It's a dying/dead genre, there was no "hype"/bacterial marketing/preorder bollocks, and they provided a demo. Yet you provide a download link. This isn't EA shovelware, you fuckwit.

NOTHING PERSONAL, KID

I saw it just a couple of days ago, saw that there was a demo and downloaded it. It looks pretty nice and the setting seems interesting and the story could go to some interesting places. From what I've heard it's also pretty long but I don't know how long the gameplay will hold for. The shadow time thing for synchronized movement also seemed pretty clunky and didn't really feel like it gave me enough control. Really fucking glad they included a japanese voice option.

Would get it if I didn't have Hitman and Trillion to already play and Nost revival and GG Xrd Rev to play when they release in about a week combined with other shit I need to do.

Even ignoring the shillhunter squadron for a moment, why would I go out of my way to link steam or whatever when I pirate everything?
Real sorry for triggering you but I'm not into hypocrisy.

I swear I'll either end up fluent in chink or that shit will kill me

Thank God. Better ching chong ping pong gibberish than the bland English voice acting they've got going.

Gameplay wise it seems alright. It's kind of misleading to compare it to Commandos, it's more similar to Desperados or Robin Hood. The first Commandos was less tactical and more puzzle, and this game doesn't come close to the complexity of the second game.

Still, all in all, it's nice that the genre is getting some much deserved love after all this time.

My god

however i found it hard to click on enemies a few times, along with the fact that standing+running is no different from crouchwalking in terms of being alerted other than eye level and the game has long ass loading screens because the game was built in unity but otherwise a rather enjoyable game.

It's better than Aragami and it's no Yandere Simulator for sure.

One of them isn't filled with jews.

They're both afflicted with the jew.

People post download links so threads don't turn into shill accusations, is for the better.

Nice, haven't played one of these since Desperados 2.

The game gets frustrating at times like when you say attack and the character just walks up to the enemy, or the placement of some of the obstacles, there's a shelf of barrells ready to bring down on enemies but no enemies to bring it down on, and fuck full stealth non fatal, it's more painful than almost every other stealth game trying for that, enemies stay out for less than a minute, you just don't get enough time to do anything.

I skip all her dialogue, she's the worse.

What pisses me off is how most of the shit is cooldown based and similar in function. All characters even share the matchlock for some reason.

I also don't see any point in going non-lethal, in Robin Hood for example you'd actually get penalized for killing too much and most of the hits/skills ended up in daze. Here I don't even know if roping a stunned enemy is a thing and I'm some six missions deeps.

holycrap a not shit game on Holla Forums what the fuck happened!

Now imagine what would happen if we got rid of the 4am cancer all together!

I haven't even gotten that far, I gave up for the night after getting to the snow level and then sneaking the Samurai in the door, fuck getting him in there, there are like 3 guards exchanging arcs on the door a 4th guard on a rooftop, 2 guards patrolling and one civilian talking to the guards, even if you get someone over to you to kill them one of the other one's see you do it, sure I completed it but I couldn't see a good way to do it.

This also reminds me of the first level when you have to set the explosives and I thought there may have been a sneaky route for doing it by placing it in the stack of crates the guy is moving and having him move it but it's just there to look nice, what the fuck.

I gave up entirely on non-lethal when the only way to dispose of the captains without killing them first in level 2 was to drown them, I guess knock outs have use for civilians only, but I'm not sure if you get penalized for doing that.

There's a mountain temple level when you get your kunoichi character and she needs to steal some clothes for her disguise. There are two options, steal some from a laundry basket or kill a miko and take hers. I ended up doing both because why not and got a tsuba/medal for my efforts.

I also killed literally everyone on my path and no apparent fucks were given. Maybe I'll get a bloody ending or some shit down the line.

The trick is how the enemies go crazy over your tracks. You can lead them into falling crates, traps or mungen.

I've always wanted a game set in the Edo period. Nice.

Played the demo, it's alright though the controls and camera angles kept fucking me up. Got spotted a few times trying to just walk up to a door and walking through it instead. Is there a more free camera control or is it limited to just zooming in and out and rotating?

10/10 GOTY

harakiri your internet, shiposter

The game is very good.

The good:

-Good characters, both artistically and gameplay-wise. The most boring of them all is the edgy bountyhunter ninja, but the real main character is Mogun, the buffed up samurai.

-Beautiful levels. They look good from all angles. You have a highlight option if you don't want to play waldo searching what can be interacted and what not.

-Long.

-Good animations, except the fact that the enemies give their back if you execute them from the side/ront, resulting in a backstab.

-Kicking up civilians and throwing them from a bridge 2 at a time with Mogun.

-Makes you think. Yet you can cheese bad situations (in normal dif.), you have a lot of tools.

-They call themselves "harcore", but commanos seemed a lot more unforgiving. Here, entering a vision cone does not result in an instant detection.

-Stalking a patrol with your ninja squad and Mogun feels very good.

-It has character development.

The Bad:

-A bit clunky at times. Save/reload is very common if like me, you lack patience.

-You can't drop bodies rom every ledge, an the acrobatic characters are quite limited when moving through roofs. Some jumps can be made, some others don't.

-If you raise the alarm more guards come out. If you keep raising it, hordes of enemies come out. Health does not matter, the absurd amount of enemies if you fuck it up does.

**Pirated it. Enjoying it like a madman."

Jesus, getting all these medals seems like it would require a whole lot of replays and some really strict arc dodging.

You can get them on separate runs.

Tried holding alt?

Yeah holding alt isn't quite enough, being able to get more of a top down angle in some areas would be a lot better instead of having to swing the camera around to try and get close to one side of an obstacle while being able to see and target the other side.

Thats a plus, i was alaways disapointed that if you were good enough you could kill all the guards in commandos if you had enough dakka, its good to know they wont let you do it in this game.

also hardcore is the only way to play it casuls

Just finished the game, overall it's a good, polished that lacks punch. Playing the game it really feels that devs actually play games and know what to do. Another thing I liked is that game has demo, it's also DRM free so that even yarr version has a working patcher, that speaks for itself.
As for the gameplay it's commandos as expected though too much stuff can be killed and even though maps are varied it gets somewhat repetitive by the end of the game, also no looting and it feels like characters are less varied. Non-lethal play-through is way harder and somewhat more fun - the increased amount of save/loads gets offset by more dynamic gameplay where you don't slaughter the whole map doing same shit, though you can still stone+dump people on isolated ledges. That simultaneous squad action looked fun, I only used one command per chara mostly to kill patrols without samurai-san but wonder what ninja tricks you can do with it if it allows.
Also nice voice acting, especially murderloli, too bad she's the worst character gameplay-wise unless you want cheap kills

The kunoichi or the blender samurai aren't particularly different in that regard.

>silenced rifle and a fucking matchlock
I suppose the sniperfag is better?

Reminds me of Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood, tbh. I got a demo of that when I was little and later it was one of the first games I remember pirating and playing completely in English. Good times.

played for about 15 minutes got bored
i think newer games have spoiled basic bitch shit like this game

And with >>>Holla Forums in disarray, this is the best Christmas ever!

polite sage

(checked)
thanks for confirming what i said

I'm on mission 9 right now. The missions are reasonably long, though not very complicated. I'm only now starting to get a little bored, I think I'll take a break for a couple of days.
Gud game, though.

check the last thread

Other than that, I miss Commandos enough to think about it.

how d fuck to get to the masseuse's house?

Very carefully.

I really want to know if it's still worth playing

What do you mean still?

haven't played yet, but there better be raked Zen gardens that keep footprints to give you away.
and if not somebody tell the devs to add them. ornamental stealth defense.