These are not very good

These are not very good.

ok

Counter point: there isn't one.

This is what I want to know.
Are S&M actually good or not?

thank you for that burning criticism. Can't you go post this in one of the five pokemon threads?

When will GF just give in and make a great Pokemon game instead of trying out new unwanted mechanics shit.

Smallest region with most talking. A lot of the new mons have fun gimmicks but you don't need to play the actual game for that.

I thought they were okay. Nothing great, the Totem Pokemon were refreshing challenges that actually puts the player at a disadvantage… if only they didn't fuck it over by overlevelling the player to hell.

Like the games previously, it shows that Game Freak has one clever person on it's team, just the rest retards who only care about how merchandise.

The. Cum.

Way to show how retarded you are

Just go plan randoms on Smogon for an hour while listening to the Lion King. Bam, you've successfully emulated Sun and Moon.

do you do it for free?

There aren't any shit generations. Pokemon is absolute perfection.

Smogon and Pokemon showdown are for casuals and normalfags

Will Holla Forums ever stop being useless contrarians?

No

All of the problems that exist in S&M were done first in X&Y. The only bad changes it makes are somehow making shit even MORE linear, and making the game piss easy (although some of the totem fights can rock your shit if you don't have type advantage). Literally every other change made is a positive one. The character designs are top notch and the writing for them is actually decent (except Hau, he can get fucked). HMs are removed entirely and ride pokemon are fun as shit. The new pokemon were all designed specifically to shake up some aspect of the meta, and they're also fairly fun to use in-game. There still aren't nearly enough new ones though, even if you include the alola forms as new mons entirely. If you don't like playing through new pokemon games with the same guys you've used before, you're gonna have a rough time finding enough new mons to fill a party. Overall one of the better entries in the main series, easily better than any 6th gen title. Still not on the same level as HGSS or any of the gen 5 games though. Good, not outstanding.

Yeah, man, I totally agree with you. Why would GF ever make this series that is made for and marketed towards children more accessible for children? That's stupid. It should be hardcore like Shin Megami Tensei, or something, right man?

Pokemon has always been linear

Yes, as is the rest of Pokemon.

Gens 1 and 2 disagree.

i bet if they made a dating sim pokemon game, Holla Forums would be all over nintendo's dick

Just because it's for "children" doesn't mean it has to be full babby mode. Children aren't inherently bad at games, it's just all they get to play are inherently bad games. Make this shit an actual challenge and they'll grow to be able to take an actual challenge.

Of course we both know it's not children who play these things in the first place…

back when i was a kid, games were hard as fuck and i liked it.

I said I enjoyed it nigger,ease off the hair trigger :^). But you also seem to think that making things more accessible to kids necessitates making them less enjoyable for adults. Optional difficulty settings (like they had in gen V), optional more challenging battles (which to their credit they did have to some degree with the route bosses) or ways to make existing battles more challenging, etc. There are ways to make games more difficult without making it inaccessible. Remember that the first two gens are probably the most challenging (not that they're hard either) and those are the ones that hooked the entire fucking world. Kids can handle difficulty - there's a reason people here and elsewhere look back fondly on games like Contra and Castlevania. Or maybe you're just like this user who's never played any of the Kanto or Johto games. Even Hoenn had some level of openness to it, but only after you got access to the ocean and could freely surf to wherever you felt like. The games have been getting progressively more and more linear as they go on. Unova was a pleasant surprise, but it was still an aberration. The general trend in the main series is one of decreasing freedom.

Nintendo needs all the lolis it can get

It's easily the best mainline pokemon game to date. Whether this makes good or not is up for you to decide, as I'm pretty sure everyone has already made up their mind on pokemon as a whole by this point. The only legitimate complaint I've heard so far is that the first island is really handholdy, but if you consider that the game is made so that people playing pokemon for the first time can actually get in, the complaint kinda fails to hold water.

You over level yourself by using the exp share and pokemon refresh. If you avoid using this shit, change battle mode to set instead of shift and only use pokemon you obtain by yourself with no outside trading, the game actually gets legitimately difficult towards the end.

When you were a kid you were stupid and shit at video games which made things seem harder then they were.

I have played it, using freeshop. It's shit. Would not play for money/10

Fuck off faggot

I beg to differ. Unless you mean Celesteela and a few others. THe vast majority of the ALola dex sucks

The game hasn't even been out for a month. Do you honestly think people have had time to explore every option and that the top teams won't change at all?

This is false, because you're ignoring that you get access to better pokemon.
Mimikyu running swords dance/shadow claw/play rough slaughters a huge chunk of the late game all by itself. It's the earlier stuff that has the potential to fuck you up (particularly the totem battles–Lurantis and Wishiwashi can be rough if they summon Castform/Alomomola, Vikavolt will fuck you up if you go in blind planning for electric types and not taking into account levitate)

Yes, and yes. Smogonites are autistic cocksucking lunatics. Every generation always winds up exactly the same. You’re fucking retarded if you think otherwise.

Also transferring items from previous gens isn't in yet, so you're limited to the mega stones found in Alola.

pro tip: the hcart you posted isn't for smogon

The entire game was piss easy, don't kid yourself. Any sort of basic understand of the mechanics involved completely destroys the 1-3 pokemon anyone has at any point in time, and while the totem pokemon were an interesting mix up, they really didnt contribute to anything with a properly trained and typed team.

It would have been an OK game without the fucking massive amounts of on rails play, and handholding. Getting anywhere near wrecked? Here have a free one time heal.

This game was a train wreck of massive proportions, and I almost didnt pick it up in the first place because I knew it would be, but since I had access to freeshop I thought, why not. Im not going to even bother with the next one.

At least it gave us nice waifubait

I'm talking about lusamine and after when you don't use the various methods for free exp. When everything is 5+ levels higher than your shit and you don't get free switches, you have to actually think about how you play and build your team so you can deal with things properly.

Gen 5 was centralized because lolweather and gen 6 was because some of the megas were so retardedly strong that there was legitimately no reason to use anything else. Gen 4 was diverse once garchomp was banned but I doubt you even played pokemon back then.

Pirated it. My thoughts are as follows.

Worst introduction of any Pokemon game. The talking and cutscenes are nonstop. The worst part is this never goes away entirely, though it does get a bit better by island 2.
The main game is solid. It's not a complete snooze fest like XY was, I actually gave a shit about some of the characters, and the totem pokemon were a nice challenge.
Most of the new pokemon are hidden behind obscure catching mechanics or 5% catch rates. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? Maybe people would like to try the new pokemon. On top of that, many evolutions are only available once you reach the goddamn Victory Road equivalent, as well as the MOVE RELEARNER. You can't relearn moves for 99% of the game! Absolutely awful.
The story seemed rushed. 80% of it is jammed into one long section with no interruption. By the end it just becomes "oh god please no more grunts I just want to get on with my life."
Internet connectivity and menuing in general is worse than before. Festival Plaza is Korean-grind-tier.
Not much to say about the postgame, the game didn't really hold my attention long enough to seriously get into that.

Overall, for every "yeah that's neat" moment I had, I had one "jesus christ why." Gamefreak makes two steps forward, two steps back.

tl;dr: user has ADHD and should just play Pokemon Showdown

Kanto and Johto were linear as shit
Wooooow so non-linear!

Pokemon Showdown is for casuals

You'd fit in well, then.

I have other, more enjoyable games to play, friend.

What a quality OP

Are you for real now? Gen5 was much more diverse than gen4

go try wizards and warriors 2 and say its easy, mutha fucker!

If everything was a 10-20% encounter rate you'd be bitching about how everything is piss easy to get. God forbid something take a bit of effort to get.
3 is not many. This is only actually an issue for vikavolt since it's stuck in its shitty second stage for most of the game. Magneton can actually hold its own until this point and no one uses probopass.
You shouldn't need to relearn moves before this point and they made it so late because you can actually relearn moves a pokemon isn't high enough level for. Do you really think it would be a good idea to have level 20 pokemon knowing moves they don't learn naturally until 60?
It's a fucking pokemon game, why do you care?
Team skull grunts are entertaining enough that you don't hate seeing them and they stop appearing before the end anyway outside of a single encounter.
And no part of it is manditory. If you want optional shit, you have to work for it.

The difference is there wasn't 6 million cutscenes in between all the meat of the game. And it didn't force you to watch them before you can go on the next route.

The game is so on rails it's insane.

For every one good thing in the games, everything bad outweighed it so it didn't matter. S/M was the first pokemon games I didn't bother beating because they were so bad, like I managed to get through X/Y even though I hated every minute of it. But not S/M, it was just too much in the wrong direction. I'm glad I pirated it.

B2/W2 were the last good pokemon games.
The Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2 romhack were better games than any of the official pokemon games
Pokemon Prism is probably gonna be better than S/M despite it just being a Crystal romhack.
Pokemon Shodown gives you access to the only good thing in the newer games for free making it pointless to even give attention to them anymore.

How can you finish XY but not S&M? Gen 6 was far worst.

Nobody wants Kanto shitmons for the umpteenth time. Who complains about pokemon being easy to find outside of pseudos? Ironically Kommo-o is pretty easy to find.

Have you played a pokemon game before? Do you know how the move relearner works?

Because I have to suffer through the majority of it in one long slog through Po Town and Aether Base.

Mindless grind is a negative, even if it is optional. Especially it's not so optional for everyone who wants to not cheat to make battle ready teams.

Best 3DS pokemon title.
Take that as you will.

XY didn't have nowhere near as much hand holding as SM, you atleast had a bit a freedom. It's like how people beat M&L Partners in time but gave of M7L Dream Team because the constant tutorials and hand holding barely made it a game.

The best 3DS Pokemon title is Super Mystery Dungeon

I respect your opinion.

By far the most interesting region in a while and has the best cast of characters across the board. If you like pokemon you'll enjoy Sun/Moon. If you hate pokemon you won't care for the games. If you spread your team out the game will be challenging/the trials might actually wipe you, if you go in balls deep with just the starter the game difficulty is trivial. No idea how the competitive side of things is since I don't really care about that stuff. Major downsides of the game are lack of customization for characters, its less then of X/Y and the males get fuck all. Best outfit is Skull tank.

Majority of the complaints I've seen are just about the game being to easy but even Blue/Red was the same shit. Clear entire game with starter, get Zapdos if you want to make it slightly easier. Use X boosts on hard fights then sweep, ezpz The game does definitely have frame rate issues when to comes to multi battles due to rendering trainer sprites as well so it'll be entertaining to watch the Nintendo tournaments drop to 10 fps. It doesn't effect game play but its kind of obnoxious how much lag appears. Festival Plaza is absolutely retarded but Poke Pleago is a very nice addition to the game. I started the franchise with gen 1 and this is the best game they've put out in a while just for the fact you actually give a shit about the characters. I can fully admit I'm a manchild though so to each their own in terms of actually enjoying it but seems like most of the complaints coming out from people already decided they hated the game before they even started playing.

Its up to debate if its better or worse then B/W2, but hte game is far more entertaining then OR/AS and X/Y. Game is worth playing for Team Skull alone. Definitely going to be a sun/moon2 down the line from how the post game goes, so chances are that will be the vastly superior game like BW2 was. Although with how much Kanto talk/trainers is in the game wouldn't surprise me if Gamefreak backtracked to regions again and do a re re make.

These are very good.

If only that were true.
The point you're missing here is having to go out of your way for a pokemon makes them feel more valuable. And even when the pokemon is rare, the game tells you were to find it down to the patch of grass, so it's not like the game expects you to randomly stumble onto them.
I know exactly how it works, down to the fact that it's different in this game.
"oh no I have to fight a large number of enemies when approaching the end of this rpg how horrible"
There's nothing in festival plaza you need to make proper teams.

Alright

And what version of Pokemon isnt?

Bottlecaps and EV drinks dude.

maybe they will let players go to multiple regions again

It's not hard to get dittos with up to 4 perfect ivs and destiny knot still exists.
Are you really that fucking spoiled?

Anyway to reset EVs besides the EV berries?

Where to find EV berries?

Well seeing as they removed Reset Bags, you'd hope the replacements wouldn't be MORE of a pain in the ass.

All in all PKHeX users win again.

You find them in the random berry piles all over the game, not 100% sure but I think the better types can only be found on later islands. They may only remove 10 evs at a time but you can grow a ton more with poke pelago.

If you have a question, the answer is most like like "Festival Plaza" because they thought it was funny to give you a really nice way to remove EVs in one gen, then take it away the next. You best hope you get those EV reducing berries or you're going to have to rely on the fat pikachu faggot to give you the right shop, or find someone that can share the shop with you.

This

Holy shit. More, please. I need more.

It's good.
I meant main pokemon game on the 3ds.
Also,anyone that knows about the spinoff 3ds pokemon?
Should I pirate it?

Competitive is okay.
Ban Pheromosa.

i like matsurika (i dont remember her english name)
she looks chill

What is this even from?
I'd like to see it for myself if there are replays.

even the worst kind of lolis?

I disagree, it is above average.

Totem fights are nice, multiple challengers for the champion title, lots of nice new pokes(subjective), I enjoyed the music(subjective), some pokemon snap, the poke pelago provides a bunch of useful shit and saves you from the fucking minigames from amie, same goes with the plaza. HM's are gone, a real winner right there.

Downsides are lots of cutscenes, lack of multiple saves, and initial lack of good trainers to fight. Once you get to the elite four and post game trainer fights become more enjoyable once 5 poke rosters start being more of a thing.

I never said the game was good, just that your taste was shit for posting a waifubait mon

Island 3, Route 10, not sure if there's a later tree, but this one drops all the EV reducing berries, use Poke Pelago to make infinite amounts of them.

Even if they are not as good as classic loli they are still great.

All loli is shit you disgusting pedo.

Carefu;, user, you might trigger the lolicons of /a/, lest you provoke the autistic onslaught of shitposters posting loli to show you how not mad they are.

I feel like it's better than XY/ORAS in many ways, but it's still lifeless and soulless and still can't live up to Platinum/HGSS/BW2.

Chicken-chan a cute

its pretty gud mate

As long as it's 2D it's all right. 3dpd pedos should hang.

post barabug

The game is shit but the new pockeymans are nice. And Team Skull is hilarious

why I hate the game:
>too much cinematic scenes after beating the elite 4, you cannot save for half an hour or more

BTW, did anyone get the european Magearna even QR code yet? The fags told us it would be today but is not

Do you have brain damage or something?

mein neger

I just hate it when they break traditions. Also it does not matter if you have HMs on your original team for the first playthrough. The mons are shit EVs anyway

k

A better solution would be to have your party pokemon use their own HM move, without actually learning one. They'd basically be a paging pokemon, but they would be your own.
For example. If you have a Fight/Rock pokemon, it can use rock smash and rock climb. If you have a flying type, then you can fly. If you have a water type, it can use dive/surf/waterfall

Do you like my idea user? It would allow you to use your own party members without burning up a move slot.

HM machines were a fucking pox. Fuck having 2-3 HM slaves to access everything. If they want to wall routes so badly do it through items or timed events that don't cripple your very limited team slots. Everything else is spot on.

Wait you're seriosuly serious about this being a bad thing?

You're still forced to carry around a shitty pidgey or something for fly if you don't like any of the flying types in the region.

That's on the devs, I'd like varied flying types. If it has wings or some sort of floating mechanism then it HAS to learn fly. I don't work at GF, so sadly, I cannot fix this.

Well they did. With the paging system.
I don't see why we couldn't have both though. Maybe add a small Z cost to paging or something.

How about having ride pokemon for basic stuff, but your own pokemon can do it better? Have Lapras for surfing and slowly breaking boulders, and have your own pokemon move like Sharpedo. That way you can still get around, but having a balanced team makes it more convenient.
No idea how to balance this for Fly/Charizard or Cut, Flash and Waterfall though.

This was never a problem for me. Your team for the first playthrough is shit anyway (IV and EV wise). No need to give them perfect movesets either because the trainers in the regular playthrough are easy to beat. You can beat any trainer with exploiting weaknesses even if you are 5 Lv. lower than him. I always had 1 water pokemon with waterfall and surf + ice beam then the flying type with fly. Then a fighting type with Strenght and rock smash etc.
If you spread it around your team, you will have 1.5 HM moves on average per pokemon

Why does tumblr latch on to 2nd worse team again? They're not interesting at all.

You could teach Golurk Fly because it's a robot with rockets for arms and legs. All they have to do is let me set which pokemon I own to page for a certain effect.

That's even better! Yes, either you have the option to use your own Pokemon, or use a paging Pokemon at the cost of money.

It's more fun to have a 6 man party helping you. Why waste it on an HM slave, it's about having F U N, user.

Exactly! That's what I want! It sounds so awesome!

A better example would be.
"This is a dull color, make it brighter"
"No! Idiot! That's not even bright, you're dying it white, now it HAS no color!"

white is a color.

The Point

————-
Your head.

Reminder that that Anabel is living proof Ultra Beasts killed the non-Mega Universe. Everyone from the old games is dead and the power creep will go on forever.

t. Gamefreak

No it ain't

All it is is that you keep moving goalposts nigger.

we didn't move our goalposts, double nigger.
We wanted good change and we got shit change.

Or maybe you're just as thick as a concrete wall.

Statistically that is impossible.

Get a life nigger
or a job.

Looker and two other people aren't dead. They're "Fallers" or some shit like that.
Also, '''why the fuck does Nanu's theme sound so familiar"!? I swear to fucking god I've heard it somewhere else before. It's a slowed down version of the song I'm thinking of. Agh.

Not an argument.

Well, the writers made it happen. Somehow.

It looks like garbage, but I really like team skull. That reminds me, is the guy making the dating a magma grunt comic done with service for worst Korea yet?

lol k

Mega Fug.

not an argument, faggot.

neither is asking for vauge changes and then bitching when you get change and refusing to articulate your feelings like a normal person, or thinking out your greivances instead of being reactionary.

It ISN'T an argument, and that's because there isn't one between you and me, it's just you bitching like a spoiled child.

nigger.

Then that title would go to the virtual console re-releases of Red, Blue and Yellow. Because even the broken as fuck older games are more entertaining and challenging than the snoozefests that are Gen 6 and 7

Explain. Do you think the Beast's got a hold of the power of Mega Evolution, then proceeded to just fuck up the Pre-X/Y timeline? That sounds awful. Only way to find out is to make another game based on the old timeline.

I wish this stupid fucking headcanon meme would die. There is literally nothing in the postgame story that says that the previous gens were destroyed by the UBs, just attacked. Fuck off with your "le edgy backstory XD" crap.

Mega Rayquaza.

>>>/tumblr/

Beast Boost would make it possible. If the UBs appeared in a park and fucked up all the wildlife they'd have loads of KOs, which means loads of stat boosts. In the actual game stat boosts go back to normal after a fight, but overlooking that they would get stronger and stronger until nothing could contest them.
I still kinda want that timeline to survive so that Game Freak could have a game where you visit all 3 main timelines.

Oh shit, so It's NOT canon, to an extent? So, it didn't get destroyed, but ATTACKED?
Holy shit, do you know what this means user? If that happens in the old timeline, then they would have summoned another legendary to defend the earth, in a whole new region. I'm kind of excited now.

I assume you linked the wrong post.

Spouting meme arrows at me instead of saying what you actually want as "good change" only proves my point, ya nigger.

Nope. I assumed the original post was implying the beasts got a hold of the mega evolution's power. Which would be the only thing to overpower Mewtwo and the rest as said here

We Yugioh Arc-V now?

Yeah, the whole "previous gens were destroyed!1!" is a headcanon that is getting passed around as fact for some fucking reason. All we literally know from the postgame story with Anabel/Looker is that the UBs attacked the old timelines and Anabel had fought them. Not once does it say "yeah the old generations were destroyed." There is 0 evidence backing up their claims.

No, I was saying that Mega Rayquaza is, bar none, the most broken piece of shit that GF has ever made the mistake of creating.

Hmm. I haven't played that part myself due to a glitch that keeps me stuck in Poni canyon in the post game.
Isn't it even implied that looker and others are refugees from the other timeline? That may give a hint, but not a concrete answer to it. It's probably to hold you off until the next games, similar to what ORAS did with an amnesiac looker.

Oh yeah, it really is. I wonder what future mon can beat it.

What was the deal with the ultra beasts?

Or for all we know, Anabel could have taken the fight into the wormholes similar to how you did in the main game (you yourself are technically a Faller because of this, they tell you it explicitly) and she could have gotten lost from her own timeline.

they're just pokemon

My guess is they're GF's way of squeezing in some really bizarre designs, without having to justify them as Pokemon.

They're Pokemon…BUT THEY'RE NOT! Gasp!!!
In all seriousness, they're just monsters from another dimension that somehow got a hold of being able to travel to other world, Nihilego controlling Limousine and driving her insane. I don't know much about Necrozma, which is the third legendary next to Solgaleo and Lunala, which are also ultra beasts for some fucking reason.

I can't agree or disagree since I haven't been able to emulate it at all.

The more lolis and toddlers the better.

Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma are not Ultra Beasts.

Can we talk about all the doujin potential this game gave us?

Jesus fuck the potential this game has.

Wonky pokemon from another dimension. Think of them as an official spin on glitch pokemon, or just aliens.
In battle they have an ability that makes their best stat better. They also tend to have 2 stats which can be their best stat. The result is that they're really versatile, and can have loads of different competitive sets.
Also you can pet them in Pokemon Refresh and they're adorable. One of them keeps doing manly poses.

I thought they were, due to the fact that they can travel to the other dimensions at will. Along with Cosmog being the only Pokemon able to evolve into a box legendary. I gotta look it up, you may be wrong.

They are not, because Beast Balls do not gain the 5x capture rate bonus when used against them.

Oh! That actually makes a lot of sense. That, and the fact that you're able to catch the three with any other balls.

Hue

Imagine if that whole "Red and Blue sequels" thing ends up being true, and Missingno becomes a real thing.

Tell me more.

Holy fuck I wish you "le missingno is cannon xd" retards would fuck off already.

But user, It's F U N

As far as story goes they kinda are. Necrozma is said to be a UB that's lived in the current dimension for so long that Beast Boost, which is energy from the UB's entry wormhole, ran out. If the Beast balls work on wormhole energy that would explain why they don't work.

I love the character design and concept, but I'd rather see more of her.
Team Skull is my favorite villain team.

About what, the Red and Blue sequels? People keep making jokes/theories about Gamefreak planning on making a R/B sequel due to the retarded amount of references to Kanto/Genwun in Sun and Moon, exacerbated more by Lillie leaving for Kanto at the end.

Nowhere in my post did I say Missingno is canon, it was more of a joking "haha, wouldn't it be funny if they did make it real", calm the fuck down you sperg.

I honestly wouldn't put it past Gamefreak on either of those, what with all the Genwunner dicksucking they've been doing with the past two gens.

Why the fuck would they proudly acknowledge a bug that damaged peoples saves from gen 1? They'd be about as likely to make porygon the main pokemon in the anime.

Now, now user. Charizard and Mewtwo getting two megas is fair while others get 1.

Ready for some dlc?

As long as you weren't retarded about it, using Missingno was a great way to duplicate items and have infinite Master Balls/Rare Candies.

You underestimate the power of Gamefreak trying to appeal to nostalgia. "member Missingno?". It was a cultural phenomena, harmful or not.

kek

Oh. That's awful, I don't want anymore Kanto. I'd rather have Orre or Sinnoh.

It's for the rumored switch port IIRC.

I agree. It would also break the meta in a way, which is radical.

I>>11403304
Because its one of hte most iconic glitches in gaming? It be a cute nod if anything

Oh, fuck, wait.
Fucking Kill Yourself.

You also underestimate how proud japan can be about shit and missingno is literally a monument to their failure.

You have no idea what you're even talking about, do you?

I do know what I'm talking about, do you?

Is Genwunnerism even a thing in Japan? Their pandering towards it seems more like an appeal towards Westerners thing. Also, how many of the original devs of R/B/Y are still on the team today working on S/M, I wonder?

Go die in a hole.

Same

Absolutely terrible taste.

What is wrong with kotaku in current year? Didnt the spics fix it?

Nope, it's still garbage clickbait articles written by hack journalists mass parading as legitimate news sources.

They still produce the same fucking garbage they always did.
Nope, if anything they doubled down on that shit. They still lie, they still vilify, they still agenda push and still produce trash content.

Univision is owned by Haim Saban, user

Isn't he an Ultra Jew?

Most people will say that x/y was shit.

Most people are wrong

Most people aren't.

But not in this case because x/y was terrible.

It was better than Black and White

It really wasn't.

No it wasn't.

Wrong

Wrong

No Pokemon game is better than the other.

user, are you sure you really liked X/Y?
The same games with

That's a terrible meme

This is also another terrible meme

Yes

Not everything is a meme

Fine then, why was it so shit?

Hard Mode: No bitching about mega evolutions (I hate them too)

What's the matter? B/W didn't pander to your genwun fanboyism enough?

Even if you ignore megas, you literally have to go out of your way to not break the game.

No, I hated the plot, N, and the majority of the new pokemon

My favorite gen was fucking third. Fuck genwunners and their nostalgia. Third had the best gameplay and tech evolution and by FAR the best pokemon

Lumiose City, Parfum Palace + Garden, the breeding route on the river by the chateau. X+Y had a ton of awesome themed locations. My only complaint is that a lot of them felt a little small.

Endgame was fucking shit though. Total garbage.

when terrible and wrong things keep getting repeated by the same two or three people it is a meme. They're terrible forced memes.

We've explained it countless of times in various thread. You're response to each point will be the same;
>Muh _

nigger leave, oppai is love

Is your autism a meme?

Man taking eggs to Lumioise and just holding right to hatch them was so great

I don't normally visit these threads

user put up a lot of good points
to further add on,

It was the worst tbh. Shitty worse than midi trumpets, fucking e-reader exclusive content, shit secret bases, shit postgame and shit mon designs.

Forced Friendship Arc, Horrible Chibi Models, Unoptimized Battle Engine, Great mons, except goodra, shitty battle music, slogged plot *fixed in S/M to an extent, boring routes. These are a few problems that killed the game for me.

There's more but I haven't played it in about a year. It was my least favorite, It wasn't awful, but it wasn't a walk in the park.

ORAS has a god awful remasteration, it sounds like an echoed fucking mess.

The only good part of XY was when she called me "Big D"

A leading issue I had was the consolidation of the Exp Share and Exp. All into one item.
In older games that had both items it was possible to selectively share experience points out to the weaker members of your party with the Exp. Share.
The Exp. All reduced the experience given out to the entire party and over-levelling with it was damn near impossible.
Unless you actively turn off the consolidated Exp. Share It was given to you in its active setting, you over-shoot the level of certain areas and the game becomes pitifully easy.

The Battle Chateau offered nothing new. Incidentally this is a big complaint of mine regarding Sun and Moon as well. Outside of the normal Doubles mode having teeth for once, it's the same Battle Whatever that's been recycled since Gen 4 did away with the Battle Frontier.

There was little motivation for Team Flare outside of destroying the world.
Not all encounters utilized the new 3d models, with most trainers being given 2d artwork instead of a properly rendered model. Even gym leaders didn't get models, only player characters, AZ, and Flare goons. It's almost as it they ran out of time and rushed it to meet the international release date.

Gen 1 pandering was obvious, you get your choice of Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle from the Professor I forget if it was Oak or Sycamore once you hit Lumiose City.

Gen 3 was a great step forward but some of the version exclusive pokemon were fucking dogshit.

It isn't.
It may not have the best pokes,but I did arguably my best strategies in Blaze Black 2

Emerald may be my favorite pokemon game,but you must go very low to shit on a gen just because 'muh genwunners'

Quality thread

Compare

It rehashed a ton of gen 1 pokemon.

They scrapped the Gawker name and relabeled everything under Gizmodo. Other than that, nothing changed. All they accomplished was abandoning Gawker. So now they can say that anything attributed to Gawker was in the past, they are Gizmodo now. Same shit, different asshole, just like the transition from Bush Jr. to Obama.

what now.

Someone throw this whole thing into laymen's terms and walk me through this, I didn't know Pokemon had lore this extensive.

So RBY are shit now?

Stop, it's just a story reason to explain the differences between games with Mega Evolutions in them and games without them. Lorefaggotry is fucking cancer.

The main theory is that there are 3 timelines in Pokemon.
Timeline A: Pokemon only just started appearing. Has lots of references to the real world. Gen 1 and 2
Timeline B: Pokemon have always existed. Gen 3, 4 and 5, and the remakes of 1 and 2
Timeline C: Az did his weapon thing and mega evolution exists. Also Z crystals but nobody knows if they were in the other timelines. Gen 6 and 7, and the gen 3 remakes.

It's hinted a lot but I don't think a dev has ever gone out and directly said it.

Why are you injecting headcanon garbage into this? There aren't 3 timelines.

And? It's fucking Pokémon do you think people care? They've been pumping out these games since what, 1996, and they're still selling. It is videogame crack.

People ain't gonna wake up one day and say: hey maybe Pokémon is shit I've got to go home and rethink my life.

Pokemon isn't shit, though.

I'm probably going to get shit for saying it, but I honestly prefer ORAS Deoxys Battle Theme over FRLG; in many places it's the same theme, but much cleaner now there's recorded instruments (or at least the illusion of recorded instruments) as opposed to the chip-tune set up from the GBA's tech limitation.

ORAS sounds like a cleaner refurbished FRLG.

That's just what I've heard. I don't care enough about the story to make headcanon for it, but it explains the massive tone shift between gen 2 and 3 nicely. Pre-Mega evolution games being a separate timeline is confirmed in Sun/Moon's postgame though.

it was confirmed in ORAS, you tard

And I replied to my own comment by mistake. My bad.

If you're not a complete fucking retard and used something that wasn't a coin THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN

There is, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon runs parallel to the Mega Evolution Universe.

I don't think there is. Ummm It was in the US that much I can remember.

GF decided to give a line to Zinnia about possibilities of a separate universe that can't defend itself from a meteor.Then she proceeds to destroy an important scientific research just to prove a point.
Zinnia was a mistake.

I find it funny that even the Characters in the game call bullshit on her. Pic related is her "evidence"

Yeah and neither is worl of warcraft.

You're in too deep already.

World of Warcraft is shit, though.

So which gen 7 would you?

Tsareena and Primarina

/thread

Silvally is not for sexual

Do they have to be gen 7?

Bullshit.

It's one of the few themes that actually feels like an improvement, I agree.

Gimme the full pic. It looks hot.

DELETE THIS

And what exactly is so bad about it?

It doesn't have genitals though.

That's the one disk he doesn't give you

That's because he doesn't have a dick.

That's why you have him hold it.

not releasing that ass is far better

What were some of the best pokemon generations?
I only played diamond and pearl.
Are there any gens after d&p that are better? Is sun and moon better?

If you haven't played Platinum try that. They polished DP a lot more and fixed some of it's issues.
Aside from that you're better off forming your own opinion for the games. Different people prefer different generations. Personally I'd say Crystal, Emerald, Black and Sun are the high points of the franchise, but I haven't played gen 4, the gen 2 remakes or the second half of part 5.
All the games are competent, so it's not like you'll run into something outright garbage.

Y'all gotta admit, Team Skull was pretty fucking entertaining. Best evil team.

Most people seem to think Emerald, HGSS, and B2&W2 are the high points of the series. Out of those I only played Heart Gold, but it was very good.

I like Sun quite a bit so far (definitely better than XYORAS), but it's too soon to say how it'll stack up

i would love to see a Pokemon ranger game set in alola

I agree
Skull = Rocket > Magma/Aqua > Galactic = Plasma > Dogshit > Pus Covered Corpse > Flare

A-Artist name?

Mr. John Reverse Image Search

pokemon is always good for my porn collection

mudsdale, male or female, it don't matter to me

>>>/pone/

Bought it yes I did. I had fun with a autistic children's game and 250 omitted replies probably won't change mind.

Ribombee, my new onahole

no

Y'all deserve a good flaying

Who is second pic's artist? I've seen that body type before.

Gen 4 remake primal access with omnigaurd (null all damage) when?

Arceus gets own Z-stone that it can Mega Evolve with

Its Mega Evolution has Battle Bond and can turn into Ash-Arceus

it gets God Ascent that is a Shadow move and it also performs Primal Reversion.

Don't forget it can fuse with Silvally using the Gene Spikes.

Ah, so I wasnt the only one

What's so great about niggers?

They're wiggers, big difference not really.

By Holla Forums standard every games is shit unless it has a loli

Getting sick of this spamming shit, get this thread lock.

Kotaku is now pretty much owned by the same guy who puppeted the unsuccessful Clinton Campaign

Bullshit, Pokemon Sun and Moon is filled to the brim with Loli and is still a shit game

WIth Fly you could fly everywhere with a Charizard purhaps

No not really, nothing was explained
What the fuck was the point of Team Skull

No, I'm not suprised.
Not even in the slightest.

i mean, they're better than x and y

You mean like Pokemon colosseum where it was game entirely based off combat/challenge since no free grind zones to steam roll the next guy. The best way they could advance it would be to add more puzzles like a zelda game and more interaction with your pokemon and actually having to take care of your pokemon which could give you positive and negative effects and actually make you think twice about just catching everything you see by basically making you have to pay people to look after them to ensure they're happy if not they're disgruntled/disobedient

There's a ton they can do with this franchise, even a semineet like me can see that

Team Skull literally has no aspirations that was their whole point they just wanted to rob people and make money. Guzma just wanted to do his own thing and be the strongest trainer out there. Too bad like most of team skull his aspiration was built on failure because he chose to pick only bug type pokemon.

guzma pls

Bruh Bill's PC system puts pokemon in suspended animation which encourages trainers to catch whatever the fuck they want.

But Team Cipher was better than Rocket, they took experimenting to a whole new level and mind fucked the shit out of pokemon just to do unspecified evil deeds selling drugs and murdering people

Yeah but why not get rid of that though, it doesn't really make sense, plus adding more mechanics wouldn't really hurt the dead horse known as pokemon

Because then completing your pokedex would be a pain.

Trainer customization is somehow worse than X/Y for both genders, trainers still have too few Pokemon to be a threat to even the most ragtag teams and they still haven't brought hard mode back meaning we'll have to wait 2 or 3 years for a decent romhack to fix it. Customization regression aside, it's still way more enjoyable than both gen 6 games. I wish global missions were as cool as they sounded, Pokemon needs some sort of raid boss feature already.

I think a lot of the game being "easy" is mainly down to three things.

The first is Gamefreak just plain fucked up. They spent so much time polishing side elements they didn't actually finish a lot that was in the base game. The fire trial was a good example in that they talk about you going on a long ass journey that never actually happens, and the same thing happens later on where instead of walking the way you do everywhere else you take a bus. The flip side of each is still there so they clearly expect you to be able to walk those parts but the transitions are clearly awkward. Not to mention the pokemon in those areas are statted super awkwardly like fletchlings that are above their max natural level. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that there were dozens of encounters that just never made it into the game.

The second is that you need a bit of wiggle difficulty room just to account for every viable difference that's supposed to work "in theory". Not everyone plays the game the same way and sometimes there's one usually intuitive thing that turns an easy win into a narrow one or a crushing loss due to the way the system is set up. I don't like Alolan Persian but I like Alolan Meowth, but my Meowth ten levels above a competing Persian will still lose in a vs due to either stat differences of Persian getting a better move that Meowth doesn't. When facing random trainers or wild pokemon not every battle is meant to be harrowing for sub optimal teams, so a lot of battle wind up being super easy if you're just doing what a bunch of people do regularly.

Lastly, some of this shit really is better. Like having a chart next to you or memorizing every possible combination in real life is retarded when the values never change. Knowing which moves work on a pokemon you've already beat should be obvious. Likewise a lot of the stuff that makes it "easier" is just to stop Breeding from being as fucking out of control as it presently is. In a game about making special bonds the last thing you're meant to be doing is making 40 clones of one mon just to get the one with the right hidden numbers you were never meant to see to begin with.

This is basically it.

The baseline expectation is that most people catch like thirty of these things and only really care about five to eight of them in regular rotation. Even if you don't mean to do that most of the time you can get a full lineup of unique starters early on and then you see something better or more viable later and swap out. Penalizing a player for playing the game as it's meant to be played is counter intuitive.

I enjoyed some of the changes but still way too easy. I never lost a battle.
At least 10% Zygarde wasn't overpowered
I also treated the story like Xenoblade Chronicles, whenever I knew where to go for the story I went somewhere else

this. fuck the map though.
and the story that makes no sense when you consider the time frames

this is good retard

You don't get rid of it because the system is good and promotes collecting and trying new things and for people who wish to be completionists they can do their thing of filling up the pokedex. Bill's PC is a fine system that shouldn't be touched, instead more focus should be placed on the pokemon you choose to train and them just magically respecting and following your orders to your exact specifications.

Honestly I think the problem is that while having gym leaders/totems/elite 4/kahunas/ect is a neat idea. Being able to cheese them with pretty much just a single pokemon that counters their type is a bit boring. That and it would be nice to have more trainers using more than just one or two pokemon that you can one shot because you outlevel their pokemon by 10 levels. I think maybe some sort of level scaling could possibly help make things more difficult. In either case I think I enjoyed Sun and Moon's setting more than any other save ruby and sapphire.

The only time in any of the games a pokemon has ever refused my order was when a sandile I bred in X and Y and ported to ORAS as a starter got too bloated on bonus XP and told me to fuck off.

The problem is that respect in the games is a binary thing. Pokemon either give you absolute obedience or they never listen to a single thing you say. But if anything SAM probably made it even more fucked up because there are now two competing friendship systems and Gamefreak failed to reconcile them despite dropping baby pokemon that need both everywhere they could. Then on top of that they got rid of Super Training, which I felt was a good representation of the serious training people and their pokemon should be doing.

Ideally by gen 8 ST gets a revamp in the same way Pokemon-amie did so depending on your Pokemons type and nature you can work them over into obedience one way or the other or both. Hopefully they'll also split the gains so you don't both crit and dodge based on one stat and completely overpower yourself.

The thing is if everyone has 3x as many pokemon then you either only have a third as many trainers or the level gap just grows even more.

Then there's the story perspective. Ace Trainers should get a full six, and Breeders did in Gen 3. But regular people who aren't on a journey probably shouldn't have a huge amount of pokemon. I can't really see a youngster's parents letting them keep more than one or two smaller pokemon and I can't really see an individual miner or office worker or "career trainer" keeping more than two or three for work as well.

One of the things Sun and Moon emphasized, which I think is appropriate, is that running around fighting shit like this full time is really hard and most kids don't get very far. You and your rival(Who should have six after the first or second fight) are basically the only ones outside Gym Leaders(who should for sure no bullshit have either six or a standard number across all of them like only 3 or 4 each period) who really DO this the way you do. Everyone else is either a kid hoping to grow up to be like you, an adult humoring you or blowing off steam, or a kid with a regular school life trying to keep up.

Honestly all this timeline shenanigans feels like they're building up to a big crossover. Whether it'd be the anime doing this or the games. Or both. Would be hard to say.

It'd be pretty cool to have a game that centralizes on having all the past villainous teams joining together. (Or just fighting eachother) while you and other famous trainers try to stop them from fucking everything up.

I'm getting Sun because I preferred most of the exclusives (and didn't like the 12 hour shift), but I'm gonna have to beg to get Rocket Tower and Oranguru with decent natures aren't I?

Not that I like using Smogon teams- usually I just do my own thing or try to specifically counter them.

But how have we only noticed now with Sun/Moon that small opposing teams are an issue?
Lack of trainers?
An over-abundance of healing items and money?
Less routes where you have to risk running back through grass if you want to heal?

There is less risk overall- from what gameplay I've seen.

best wife

People are making it out to be an issue when it really isn't. In past gens trainers who had more then two Pokemon had a level spread that made them trivial regardless of how you were playing the game. Games had maybe one or two routes that were difficult at best, only one I can even think of is Route 110 in gen 3 because of obnoxiously long it was and 80% grass plus the most difficult rival fight in that particular game. I've been playing since gen 1 and I can't even think of times I've actually wiped where it was the game being difficult and not just me being retarded. Also people tend to forget how in the longer routes in games always had a lone house in the middle where a character would heal your team up, so it isn't exactly a new concept. Even then you only really get caught with no status curing items once or twice before you stock them up.

If you want challenge, do a nuzlock run and turn off of EXP share. Would the game be better with B/W2 difficult setting? Definitely and I'm hopeful they'll add it in the likely sequel. It was really good in BW2 since it made the AI less retarded and gave them practical move sets.

Getting exclusive is fairly easy with the GTS, just trade exclusive for exclusive and you'll get what you want. Worse case just ask for some help on the net and chances are a few people will step forward and help you complete the dex. As for getting specific natures you'd probably have to breed for them but as long as you have a Magmar to cut the egg time down it wouldn't take you long to get what you want.

Glad to hear the GTS isn't as retarded this time around Though I am tempted to have a legendary "living dex"- but other than being a box warmer, who cares right? but for legendaries I might have to ask for hacked legit looking ones.

The real kick in the pants for me is most of my GTS/Wonder Trade fodder (HA Poliwags) can be caught in SM. Not to mention Rain got fucked over hard by Megazard Y.

the fuck is piplup doing to torchic

They even added filters so you can exclude legendaries and pokemon you actually have. None of that scrolling for "I WANT A MEW FOR WURMPLE LOL" bullshit

I disagree OP, S/M are the best Pokemon games since HG/SS. The region is fresh, most of the new Pokemon are great, they got rid of HMs, the waifus are cute, and the soundtrack is fucking 10/10.

If by "would you" you mean nuke into oblivion, all of them.

It's kind of fucked up when you think about it. Like I get Pokemon love battles and shit, but when you bring non-Pokemon into it you start to wonder

Allegedly XY was going to reveal that Pokemon are/descended from aliens.

Team Flare were going to be aliens disguised as humans for their goal.

Unsurprisingly, they dropped it since the idea of the magic monsters all being Ayylmaos was pretty jarring.

What did they mean by this?

Zinnia get the fuck out

Basically the whole game is GF's way of changing the competitive scene. Most of the pokemon added in SuMo counter most of the pokemon used by smogon-fags.

Gen 7 is a dlc to Gen 6

Fucking this. I want Gamefreak to stop with this shit.
I want Gary or Blue,if you're an autismo and Silver back. I want someone I fucking hate, spurring me on to become better so I can kick the shit out of them at every oppertunity. I want them to wait outside Diglett's Tunnel, waiting for me to come out with weakened Pokemon for an easy win, just so I can beat them anyway because I'm just that pissed off.
The 'Rivals' in 5 were unbareable. Hau was slightly more tolerable and the fact we only got 3 fights with Gladion was a crime.

Honestly I thought X was a step in the right direction. Having to fight a varied roster of four dudes at any given time keeps you on your toes and you always risk a rush out.

daily reminder that the new Magearna code is out for western regions

and here the PAL region code for those of you who missed it yesterday