SS13 - Space Station 13 General

What is Space Station 13?
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

How can I play?
You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is presently unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.
Client download: secure.byond.com/download/

Server #1
IP: byond://jinteki.industries:5513
Tickrate - 0.5 // Random Names ON
Map: DreamStation
Git Repository: gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/
Issues: gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/issues

Alternate Server #1
IP: byond://74.91.121.114
Tickrate - 0.6 // Random Names ON
Map: MetaStation
repo: github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station
issues: github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/issues

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u445Tu4X
youtube.com/watch?v=B7bOQUE7qRA
gitgud.io/nanotrasen/nullsec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_spacecraft
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

alternative server is down and hate map is meta station

Right, the Morale system is pretty much 95% coded, only missing the speech for the Captain and the Chaplain that are already written by not error-fixed, and reading books.
I'll try to get it uploaded today if possible, and I'll post full information about it when I'm done so people don't go in blind.

I tried to keep many, many options open so you could have your pick on how you want to improve your morale and most of the actions that help it are basically simple things people often do to roleplay a character. Hopefully this system will give tangible reasons to actually do some of that stuff and you don't feel autistic with them.

Similarly, there's penalties to morale for trash, blood and corpses (and cobwebs or thrown eggs\flour count as trash).
They aren't that severe and there's even inbuilt resistance for many jobs to them but they are still there and hopefully it will make people mind those so you don't end up with a medbay filled with corpses and blood everywhere because medics are psycopaths.

On another note, everytime I code for this game I get to hate the code more and more. It's basically patches on top of patches on top of features that barely communicate with the others and aren't ready to be tinkered with. Doing anything more advanced than just adding another item that does the same as something already in the game often requires extensive re-writes of large sections of the code.

For instance, there's no such thing as the concept of Strength in SS13. Or rather, there is, but with several different standards for different things.
Every race has a "punch minimum damage" and "punch maximum damage" that dictate how hard you hit in combat.
But grab a toolbox and suddendly none of that matters since it uses an entirely different function with different parameters.
You could write a race that deals 50 Brute damage with every punch and as soon as he picks a crowbar, he deals less damage.
Even just creating a way to not be slowed so much by gear means either making immunity to it or a convuluted method on top of the move_delay part of the code.

Or that eating has a funny effect unknown to many people. It changes your metabolism to process drugs faster but helpfull chems slower if you're well fed. But the way it's coded, nothing else in the game can change the metabolism rate because it will just be overwritten once the nutriment part of the code is run again.

It's honestly embarassing how most of the code simply isn't ready to be used by nothing but the specific thing it was written to do and interact with, and this ends up limiting what can be done with what exists, which I'd guess is the reason for why everytime someone codes something new, it must be entirely new and touch nothing of what already exists.
And then you end up with 50+ drinks that literally do nothing, they don't even have on_mob_life() on them, they are there just for flavour.
Or a combat system that feels like an afterthough coded into the game and yet there's a patch for martial arts applied on top of it.

pastebin.com/FNgYH23a

Alt: pastebin.com/u445Tu4X

yeah because there's no over aching design for the game, it's just random shit the odd person has put in, I've been trying to get people to come up with a design document for the server but it's impossible when the people who actually know this stuff don't care to have a direction while keeping track of things already done

I honestly fail to see how that would help, it would end up being just as un-readable as the code itself.
So many things are just strewn around in their own folders and with so many repetitions that you can't even catalog this properly.
Just the bloody Say function gets several scripts, all different from each other with inheritance across them in different folders for different reasons.
And there's multiple forms of crafting that are all crafting by another name but each placed in completely random folders.
Even the fucking Ratvar doesn't inherit from /cult/ despite being a cult because /cult/ is it's own thing for NarSie.

Someone studying videogames at University (and I wish this was just a joke but alas) could write their thesis on SS13 code.

well the whole code would need gutting and remade inorder for a design document to be useful, I'd agree

Golems never could use weapons due to their hands (and neither can hulk) but they cause more unharmed damage and have other properties depending on their material.
I'd imagine it's to prevent Science from just churning out a stream of strongly armed golems.

I can connect to alternative server. Though I can't play now.
Its at byond://74.91.121.114:7777.

Well, you can get them, they just can't wield guns.
It's pretty impressive the code behind them with several different varieties, each with their traits and you could instead put some stronk as fuck melee weapons on their hands, those I still think work.
Or teach them martial arts, though I dunno if those are traitor only.

that's traitor only but the real issue is the fact that they're slow as fuck

what I'd like to see is a proper stamina system actually so that walking has merit and going 2fast has a disadvantage to it

yeah this works and it's just as ded as hate is

Problem here is that, no matter what you do, it involves lowering the default movespeed, which ain't gonna be popular.

I'm actually surprised stamina ain't used for much in the game other than as a non-lethal source of damage.
We could have it so swinging weapons around costs stamina based on how heavy they are and running around makes you recover stamina more slowly than just walking, with sprinting being a toggle that increases your speed but consumes stamina at a rapid pace as you walk.
The walking speed could even be slightly increased so it's not so painfully slow.

Would be fun since people swinging weapons around could be knocked out after running out of breath without actually dying or ending in crit.

not at all, have it still as the default speed but then have a running speed and a walking speed

yeah just have what speed you're moving effect stamina regen and accuracy

so the slower you are the more fit for actually in the fight

it would make combat on the whole alot more tactical instead of just a click fest

hey I haven't played in a while are you fuckers still autistic and stupid and gay

tl;dr suck dicks faggots

Doesn't the OP say SS13? Then of course we are still autistic and gay, what kind of question is that?
Those aren't coded yet.

well yeah the game's autistic and gay but these servers man

they make justin trudeau look like the goddamn terminator with a five feet robocock

you guys were that bad like wew

wew

wew

it's ded jim

now suck my dick

half the people who play this game are pretty awful

yeah but the server handlers wew

*wew*

wew

Oh, you just want to talk about how bad the mods are. How original.

you'd handle my server fag!

So they're still bad cool

Keep fucking your furry pillow nigga. How's it feel to be worse than Hippie?

Has anyone tried the skateboards yet or the scooters\bikes?
I read something in the code that they could be easily crafted with metal sheets and pipes but haven't given it a try yet.
I wonder if you can slam into walls\people with them or if they are just like Segways.

yeah you slam into things, so if someone runs in front of you you get thrown off but the other person is fine

I didn't even force the clown to take an injection, he let me

what serb?

Hippie

figures

when are we gonna add sex and rape in?

How do you make a genetic change like that via an injection?

If he actually let you, then it shouldn't be an issue. Unless he was gagged\handcuffed and you forced him.
But you're still dumb, just give it to people and they'll gladly inject it themselves with no repercussion for you.
It's an ancient Geneticist Tradition to leave "GODHOOD" serums around to fuck with people and most admins agree that it's like random syringes with unknown chemicals: your own dumb fault.

I did one better once.

X The trap is to put your research into a disc that you carry in your internals box for when it's needed. Then put a monkey inside and save his SE as "GODHOOD" so anyone dumb enough to trust it gets fucked. Better yet, but somewhat reversible is to do the same but with an SE that contains all the defects.
Trying to steal research from Geneticists\Virologists or any Scientist never works out well for you, always help them if you want something in return and they'll gladly reward you.

When the majority of the player base wants it, someone crazy enough codes it and we can agree on what content to add.
Honestly, the third point is the most unlikely of them all.

Put a monkey in the Genetics Scanner, save his SE to an injector and use it on someone else.
Monkeys start with the monkey gene already enabled.

Bowel movements and urination are a better system and ties in well with a thirst mechanic built upon a water system.

CODE THAT SHIT NIGGER

Poo is one of those things that does nothing but attract ebin memesters that will spam the same unfunny joke every single round and expect it to still be fresh, original and hilarious.
The only way poo could be made interesting is if it was actually handled like waste and caused severe health problems if you're just flinging it around, but none of the people interested in poo want that because "no fun allowed, boo".
Or in other words, nobody shares your taste for scat, sorry.

Urination\Thirst is actually a more interesting one but there's several problems that needed to be fixed before that was even considered a valid idea to being working in.
First is that Thirst is redundant when we already have Hunger. Unless you can make it a distinct need, it has no reason to be coded along side hunger, and adding it for the sake of realism would see the need for sleep and self-esteem come next. Even hygience has better odds of being coded before thirst specifically because of this.

Secondly, it would only make sense if there was a sanitary system on the station, with a main cistern of water in Atmos and pipes dedicated to plumbing that distributed water to every sink and shower on the station and took any waste back to a processing plant in Atmos. Keeping the water clean and potable would be a concern of the engineering team and a vector of attack for traitors but the plumbing system has several problems.
For one, flooding rooms isn't possible with the current code. And having plumbing working exclusively for water, sinks and showers makes no sense. More machines would need a plumbing system of their own with their own liquids to make this worth the time.

Thirdly, increasing the amount of needs your character has to monitor shifts the game to "survival sandbox". Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but I don't think that's what most players expect out of SS13.
This is a game mainly about roleplaying life aboard a space station and that's why most things are coded specifically to emulate that to the point that Hunger is barely punitive at all and serves more as a reinforcement of roleplay than a survival need.

Should this change and the majority of people be more interested in a survival-style gameplay, should there be more machines requiring plumbing and liquids of their own and should thirst be made relevant, then maybe someone will consider taking some time to code an entirely new plumbing system in their spare time.

I didn't realize how dead this server truly was.

That's not how airlocks are supposed to work. Did it actually blew up? Was there something else nearby? Maybe the Energy Orb was released?

Well, it seems to have restarted now.

that's a syndie item, gotta plant them in and set'um up

The way unarmed combat in this always fucking bothered me. Weapons have solid force stats that determine what they hit, so a weapon that hits for 5 damage will ALWAYS deal 5 damage. They also have a 100% chance to hit.

When fighting unarmed, damage a diceroll between a minimum and a maximum value, and there is an RNG chance you will "weaken" your opponent, stunning them (which pretty much ends the fight right there since you have a chance to utterly destroy them without them fighting back.)

I never understood why some aspects of combat are genuinely RNG while others are based around what equipment you have + skill. It's just dumb to see a nuke ops agent in full armor and dual wielding shotguns get oneshotted by a single punch from a random assistant.

IMO combat in general is WAY too heavily based on stunning your opponent instead of wearing them down/using superior gear and tactics.

The first taser change we did was meant to combat this(and it did), but Sierra reverted it because ???

something something he didn't like it something something

Are gitgud and the Ten Buck Cuck still involved with this server, or have quality people taken up the reigns?

Technically, the chance for Weaken comes from the damage you do so armor helps to stop it, and shotguns still hit at range so they are trouble for you.

But you are right about the stun-based combat, something I always opposed. /tg/ chose instead of balance the game around it, much like how LoL balances the game around Flash.
There are several chemicals, changeling powers, cult spells or traitor items specifically to deal with stuns to give you the upper hand because everyone else will try to use stuns before damage.

I always said that the best way to understand how stupid the stun-based combat is, is to think about someone with a flamethrower going against someone with a stunrod. Who do you think is more afraid of losing? The faggot with the stun rod can be lighted first, but he will stun you, zip-tie you, roll on the ground to clear the flames, grab the flamethrower and barbecue your ass.

Funny thing is, I spent a lot of time on /tg/ a few years back trying to argue against it and they never tried it. On Hatestation, I finnaly convinced the coders to do some changes and at least attemp it. And while it required some adjusting by everyone (especially because of the stun batons and cuffing time), in the end you finnaly saw traitors using more weapons than just stolen tasors and you had actual shootouts between Officers and Traitors. That was glorious.

Also, the melee combat, especially the damage, it's fucked because of how it's designed. Usually you want something like:
All 4 being variables that can be changed at will by anything at all.

But instead, you have strictly:
And any modifier will have to be hardcoded later on.

Probably too used to /tg/ since he plays there.

first

I'll assume you mean to tell me gitgud and the cuck are still running this shitshow.

wew

There's an alternate server but it uses the older codebase from back in March or something and lacks several features that were added (and removed in the case of broken Koriath Code) while gitgud uses TG which is horrendous.

must be on basil then because I've yet to see him on sybil

as if that dissuades Mister Morale Busywork Cunt

I am planning on leaving random DNA injectors on the ground after my ban

Do be carefull though, some admins can be cunts, especially if they are the ones that fall for it.
Just reply to any admin pm with exactly this:
"You found a syringe on the ground and thought it was a good idea to inject yourself with it. That's your own fault, I didn't forced you to do anything."

They'll probably ban anyway for being even mildly passive-aggressive. Such is the nature of SS13 admins.

The idea of rules is not necessarily to restrict what you can do but rather to act as guidelines and protect you from someone else ruining your shit.
Those names are probably allowed because they are somewhat serious (Benedict at least) and they are somewhat funny without bothering people too much.
You'd probably get trouble if you named yourself THE NIGHT or Walking Pizza or Jaws.

How new?

spam reddit about how gay the server is with screenshots, duh

I require the "spiderfag fucked 16 year olds" images. I did not save them and I require them to bully the weak.

with or without eye patch?

I wish we had a Spider race made of spider-centaurs that could spit strings of web and bite for poison.
It would be cool to fill my workplace with strings of web everywhere and relax on a web mattock.

And this is how the server is going uhn.

only citadel would want something like that I've downloaded citadel code so it's possible I could sprite one

They're too vannilla to do anything other than mammals, I doubt they have any insect as a playable race.
Ãlthough I once saw a few players roleplaying as carps. Remenber that seen from Star Wars with "there's always a bigger fish!"? It was mostly like that…

I think moth people are in since that's from hippie

Pools were a very destructive force, and should be nerfed to prevent griefing or easy healing. But imagine a water system where you could explode the entire station with enough black powder or explosives. It's simply too easy to grief with a water system. A team of greytides could flood the entire station with water, and leave the remaining crew soaked.

I'm not sure it was the pools themselves the problem or rather the smoke and the interaction it had with certain chemicals. Or perhaps it was the interaction smoke had with pools.

For instance, there was some guy that made a smoke grenade of sugar and he got 1000 units of it inside of him, making him sleep forever because of the same bug.
However, I do think that was patched and the thing that allowed for infinite chems was removed so it could no longer be used.

Mothmen, driders, and even sea slug people are things on Citadel.

as apposed to the current atmos system which can flood the station with gas in pretty much no time at all

I seem to recall a station that was based around sex and rape. Every round devolved into the captain taking all the women as a harem and using the cum as a way to harass the janitor.

it was pretty fun though.

Fuck that, mothwoman please, with cuddly fluffy wings. Driders are good enough too.

That's citadel station. Weirdly enough, I don't recall them having actual sex. There's vore, you can cum and even lactate but I honestly don't recall anything other than that.

I remenber one day, someone folks from our server decided to pay a visit and that shit was hilarious.
One dude was working as Medicand getting some food in the kitchen, when suddendly a foxy lady appears.
She asks for the Enzyme of the Cook, puts some inside a beaker, lactates inside the beaker and a cheese pops out.
She places it on top of the table and asks "Would anyone like some cheese?"
So this dude goes back to engineering, comes back with a crate and the Bio Suit and says he's collecting the residue for anaylisis and safe keeping, that it's a radioactive hazard.
The lady doesn't like the comment very much to the point she keeps breaking into medbay to retrieve her cheese.

While they were doing that, me being the curious scienceman I am, decided instead to see just how far goes their vore system.
I grabbed tools and resources to build a DNAscanner, missing only the board.
Tried to steal it from genetics and even succeed but the HoS kept going after me.
She caught me at some point and tried to talk with me, nice girl. I explain I'm just doing a science experiment and I'm not trying to harm anyone, just need a few parts. She asks me if I can get them legally, I ask that I can get them without anyone knowing they are illegal and she lets me go. Said she'd fetch them for me, but there was no need.

So I get a monkeybox, make 10 of them, turn them all into humans and procede the devour them all. Imagine that, you can keep 10 living humans inside of your stomach.
Then I head for the bar, where 2 dumb HUEHUEs were trying to seduce someone with their broken english.
"GENTLEMAN! BEHOLD! I HAVE DECIDED TO DEVOUR THE CREW!" I say, as I expel 10 living humans out of my stomach and spread them around the floor.
The stupid BRs actually though they were other players and I was some kind of monster, they attacked me and even killed me because I wasn't even trying to defend myself amidst my laughter and the HoS passed by, saw them kicking me and arrested the both of them.

The moral of the story is: cheese is radioactive and all is good if BRs are jailed in the end.

That's exactly what I was, and I had no say in it, and I wouldn't have it any other way

you're thinking of life web

but on citadel you've got to get permission or else you'll get banned because m-muh power fantasy

I remember that coffee, how're you find citadel anyways? I asked you that in byond but most've not seen it

People were memeing about it in OOC on hatestation, and I was sick of not having any guidance or help most of the time, thanks to a case of night owl. They said it was chill despite the semen on the floors, and that sounds like a fun damn time to play an attractive but ultra-prude shota femboy so that I can narrowly avoid rape around every corner and bring a bastion of human decency and chaste reality to the furfags

unless you're a certain snake snake or a pAI, in which case thanks for teaching me all the hard stuff, you glorious person.

nah I'm chaos who was icky ockying it to you on the ded server and you denied your self guidance by avoiding reading the wiki

Yeah. I… I read the wiki now.

A lot.

That is, between bouts of unexpectedly pulling narrow escapes out of my rear end to just barely thwart horny wolfmen, send them deep into crit, ward off the lewd like a torch holds back the dark, and make friends with decent characters in order to grow the PRUDE SQUAD.

I love this game, man. So, so, much. Thank you for this, bud. I couldn't have gotten into it without you, and now I'm bringing others into it, and learning atmos, and…

pleased you're enjoying it, I just hope for an actual user base on our servers as well as all the other important people to run it too

I think I'll start hopping on h8station again during the busy hours, yeah. I've somewhat of a genuine handle on the game now but playing as though I don't is the best part.

How's it been over there?

Wait, people are actually playing on this server?

Please do, if there's something we need more than anything, it's people.

In my experience, during the day, it's got the perfect population, during the night it's fucking abandoned.

I'll play on it today and report back, too.

both servers are deader then dead tbh, I think we need a play time

there's been at least 1 person on hate at odd hours and no one at all on alt for weeks now

it's much different now

That probably counts for midnight at my place

I'll play with you at your peak hours, user. I go to citadel, /tg/station, and h8station.

What. How can it be much different? It's been like, a matter of days since I last played there, I think.

once gitgud changed the map back to meta, everyone we had playing just stopped and the admins on there lost interest too because they weren't allowed to make the round fun what so ever

are you sure? it's been deader then ded for fortnight now

Like I said, it's been days, maybe a week, since I've had a look.

Let's hop on today and spice things up, then!

at our peak hours? that's awhile yet

I dunno, man. All I know is I can't be on for another two hours or so, and once I can be, I absolutely function best when there's just one other person around to meme with, assuming they've any interest in interacting whatsoever. Three's a crowd, or something like that.

well lets give it those few hours or so

Fucking hell
It's back to /vg/ for me, from what I can tell /vg/station is the closest you're getting to old 8ch serbs. However, if someone has a better alternative I'll desperately take your suggestions.

I'm not touching Citadel with a pole
Willing to play on h8station if there are at least 8 people or so
Also willing to try /tg/, but I haven't been there. Maybe you can teach me how to get around there?

sybil is what I've been on and it's much better overall but alot of the players are still special snow flake circlejerking valid hunting shit cunts who ignore antags if it's one of them but will fucking valid your ass right out to the side of the moon to such an extant that they'd ignore the shuttle just to try and kill a antag

The atomic bomb dropped on the japs was clearly american made, there's no denying it now.

That's nothing, sonny! If you take your SS13 seriously and you want to make it into the big league of professional robusting so you can top score at all the tourneys, you'll want to download the code and take a sneak peak at all the dirty secrets it holds!
It's the only way to stay competitive, you simply must know the ins and outs of the game to understand the current meta all the cool kids are using!
And don't forget to stream all your pentakills with an armblade and make a compilation of videos for youtube showing all the funny times the nuke slips from you in space.

I'll be hopping on the server soon enough and make you guys company. I usually like to play support roles and just keep the station rolling, hearing and talking with other people about what they are doing. I often just pick engineer to start the engine, get atmos running and then switch to cargo for ordering supplies so I can do whatever odd job needs to be done.

Oh… Yeah, even when I was around there and had enough people to tutor me through the initial learning curve, that was maybe the maximum I'd see - If I remember right, at least.

I dunno, man, Citadel's honest-to-god actually a lot of fun for someone who doesn't want to lewd.

My only problem with Sybil or whatever it's called is that noone uses the fucking radios. The station seems disconnected, isolated, etc. and it's hard to make friends or know what's going on outside of your own department.

But I like panicking, and being the lost and helpless. Being robust might actually ruin the game for me.

That sounds really, really cozy, though.

that's an issue too to be sure, no one helps each other not even medical and medical is so utterly useless practically all the time that if you die once you're basically out for the whole round

and oh the whining, my god these people are giant babies who'd argue with you over how upset they are over fucking anything and everything under the son, once I was shit talking some guy who was salty over the fact that he was killed by some guy WHILE he him self was trying to end his own life in a stupid way, it gets too much for me at times the level of awful these people are.

it also doesn't help that xenomorphs are broken currently so you can't face hug someone

Thus, why I play medical a lot of the time!

I feed off the whining and you should, too. Salt to a spaceman should be like milk to bones, is one thing I've quickly learned.

Tell me more about how xenos work and don't-work.

o.k so on nu/tg/ as it is current there's a chance you can spawn as a alien larva or you can go find a face hugger someplace I don't know or have one put on you if you don't have a hardsuit or welding mask on but if you've been preggo'd you can get surgery to get it removed since the growing period of chest bursters take FOREVER but while as a alien larva there's little you can do other then vent crawl and hide under certain stuff inorder to wait a very long time to grow up into a proper xenomorph.

once it's time to evolve you get a choice of three things, a drone, a hunter and a sentinel

they all can lay resin and melt stuff with acid but the hunter is the fighter and can go invisible and leap onto people while the sentinel is the defender who can shoot acid from afar, the drone however can build walls, nests and windows but can further evolve into a praetorian which can swipe it's tail and further still after some time will turn into a queen who can turn xenos into elites

as it stands now face huggers in nu/tg/ code cannot mount and preggo anyone but you can pick up a face hugger and preggo your self

Wait, what? Facehuggers simply don't work? Why the fuck not?

I've seen no reason why it's not work and it doesn't look like anyone actually cares

There hasn't been any updates on Thinstation, but the userbase is completely dead so it's redundant to even bother.

that's the wrong way to think about it, people are waiting on thin and are just playing on other servers till it's ready, that and hate is kinda laggy

Protip: if you attack small animals like monkeys, Ian, Runtime and similar when you're a chestburster, you'll grow faster. Doesn't work once the animal is dead but the idea here is that you'll hop vents looking for animals to feed off.
They probably removed the face huggers hopping on people because there's very little counters to it and they can't be bothered with that shit. All it meant was mandatory Bio Hood or RIG suits or Space Helmets for everyone.

I still maintain that Xenos make no fukken sense, they are supposed to be incredible killing machines but everyone you kill is a missed oportunity to breed. Xenos are practically the Elliot Rogers of alien species.

Don't be like that, I'm sure they are just waiting for Thinstation to come online. Honestly, the few Webms you released looked amazing and I can't wait to see what the game will be like.

yeah playing xeno more and more I realize that with how they are currently, they just need to be replaced with something that's exactly more fitting… say space wasps

NO, FUCK YOU! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?
WHY INVITE SUCH EVIL ABOARD THE STATION

It really doesn't matter what animal is used (although wasps are a good choice) as long as the breeding mechanic is changed.
We could instead have the queen lay eggs in her lair that the drones carry when they go out and directly impregnate their victims, living or dead. Living could have the larva spawn stronger while dead would require it to feed a bit before it's at the same level.

why even need to impregnate someone? have it just so they grow like plants needing nutrients and water

it's soon… (tm)

I'm running out of skeleton pictures

maybe a month or 3

There needs to be regular updates to keep the remaining user base interested.
It's not like it matters. Most regulars and players are busy with exams, and other activities.It's expected to see SS13 have a population decrease during winter.

Fundamental reason it's because you need a player to control the new Xeno and the best way to get one is to explode the previous one.
So there's always a dynamic here where the birth of a Xeno must involve the dead of a human player, otherwise you could have a Xeno being born braindead.

Although, this does not apply for lesser forms. It could be possible to have NPC xenos that are weaker but can be mass produced following another player for an actual swarm.

We are all SS13 players and you know very well none of us can leave. We're here forever, might as well wait for a warmer spot in Hell. :^)

I've been saying that a design document would help keep track

well I was thinking that they'd just be a pest rather then a outright antag so as a means for people already dead to have something to do

new round starting soon pls ply

I had alot of fun tonight

welp, here I go reinstalling byond.

WHAT THE FUCK HOW DO YOU FIX THIS WHERE DO YOU FUCKS PLAY AT

Noone plays ss13 anymore

You'd think there would be more players rather than less, since there's nothing better to do, but I guess shit will go up during Christmastime and (((Hanuka))).

When should be question there user. If 3 anons join at 4, 4 at 5, and 5 at 6, and another 3 at 7, but then 10 at 8, you've got 25 players eager to play, but they won't be able to have much fun because they're all small games with few players, whereas, if we have all these players playing at 7, we only a couple rounds, but a larger amount of players. What time would be best for you fags?

It hit five players in the early evening hours (5 or 6pm EST for me). Technically 6 players but one was a shitter who got a weekban because they released sign in extended and then said "I'm being a shitter" in deadchat when someone asked about it.

*sing

Or it could just be that you fuckers are stupid enough to not realize that no ones gonna play on a dead server but if you take a break from threads, give autism enough time to die down and revive it in a few months, people will play again.

Actually, fewer folks play in the winter, especially this close to the holidays. But yes, a consistently low population is a big factor.

Captain here, I didn't want to kill you either, figured you were jsut being a funny guy to the geneticist.
But when I saw you axe in hand with security gear, I figured you were either a traitor or a shitter so you had to go down.

I was trying to down the geneticist with disabler beams so she'd be lying and I had line of sight to you but I didn't got much chance of actually shooting. I also had no idea how strong the saber was (and still don't, gotta check the code) but I wanted to use it because fuck you, I look fucking gorgeous with it and the parade uniform. If I was powergaming, I'd have more guns and handcuffs on me, but screw that.

When you were near the gibber, I though the guy inside the Ripley was the Miner since I made the mech for him, so when he drilled the CE and then me, I got severely confused as to why he was trying to protect you. I still got the drop and the kill on that faggot later on, despite being severely damaged. He was dragging me to departures, most likely to space me, but I got up in time to shoot his face off.

Genuine sorry I joined in killing you at the end, I though you actually had killed the geneticist at least once.
Then again, you forced me to heal clone damage by drinking clonexadone and standing in cold water and making mannitol on my own with brain damage, so fuck you :D
Also, genetic mutations are temporary in TG code. They made it so injectors for Hulk or TK are kinda temporary powers you activate, not something that changes for the rest of the round.

Sadly, this. It would be a bit sad to see anyone online during this time. People should spend christmas with their family and friends, not pretending they are spessmen. Although, I wouldn't mind spending a few rounds celebrating spess christmas (((hanukah))) with you guys. There's a wrapper in Cargo specifically for gifts (that also works on people)

You sure about that? Cuz when I see mutants on TG they seems to always stay that way.

Actually scratch that, I went to check the wiki. It says that mutations gained from the genetics scanner are permanent, but injector mutations are temporary.

Geneticist meme Vivian James here. Any time. Legitimately any time. Give me a time and state the timezone that people come on, and I'll be there.

Yuro here

Would people be playing if I came on at 9PM GMT+2?

Ah, that explains it.
I figure it's a way for them to reward team work and prevent shitters from just getting Hulk alone and going on rampages. Or a way for metafriends to help each other and screw players that don't suck their dick, you decide.
It's still a stupid form of balancing, increasing the hunger rate based on active mutations would be a better form of balance.

That's rougly 11PM for me, which is when most people are playing the game, so yeah. You get at least 5 people at that hour.

Sorry, actually meant GMT +1
Shouldn't be too much of a difference however

the saber does alot of damaged and if you sharpen it with the chiefs wet stone it does a ton lot more

I was going to make mannitol for you at the very least but you were in the chemistry and I wasn't sure if you would still try and fight me

around that time is when some people start hopping on although it really depends

new roundu

Well, that was disappointing. The Sabre does 15 damage (and sharpening it, increases it by 4 only).
I guess it's ceremonial only.

I saw you nearby and at the time I though "If he makes me Mannitol, I'l at least hear his side of the story".
Then it hit me that you're a Mime. :)

I would have performed it my side if I was sure you'd let me

You realize that 19 brute is almost a fifth of someone's health, right? That's not bad for a melee weapon, and I think you can parry with it

You can parry 50% with it, actually. Not bullets, there's code there to prevent that with "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight" comments.

It's a lot indeed, but the surgical drill or saw also do 15, and there's a few more too. The spear you can make can probably be sharpened as well and is much easier to employ, not to mention you can also throw it and still enjoy the benefits of sharping.

I was merely questioning why the captain-exclusive weapon isn't slightly better than something you can spam out of protolathes.
It should be at least 20 Brute, 24 when sharpened.

What ever happened to that SS13 doom mod?

it also "has good armor penetration" whatever that means

probably MIA

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
7th Saga's US version is notorious for its difficulty, the level scaling tends to cause near-unwinnable situations

niggers

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
No, but it's the best sci-fi movie in many years

Vintage Cheddar
Pecorino
Chevre
Kaprakaas

Merrel Moabs.

Who's the artist? I just loved it!

I know about the 501st, they are one of the bigger cosplay charities.

Shit nigger I've done it and got paid to do it to. Hell I'll do it again!

youtube.com/watch?v=B7bOQUE7qRA

Currently on the wild unbeakered cryo ride and undergoing treatment. After the latest engine devbuild some of the MP scripts started acting bizarrely, which set back things a little bit due to having to refactor the relevant parts, and on top of that the inventory system is still kind of finicky to work with which really pisses me off because it's the only thing keeping traitor from being playable, and I'd like for it not to feel as clunky as it does at the moment before we get to the good part, i.e. item-to-item interactions and assemblies.

On gamemodes, things are going a bit more efficiently - all that's missing from nuke ops is making the nuke menu synchronize across clients as well as double-checking that all the required equipment is in. The others are still kind of ghetto due to not-yet-implemented systems, but at least it should be simple enough to tweak things and add new modes from here on out, although there are still plenty of improvements that could be made. I'm primarily trying to make sure that it's future proofed for things like mixed, allows admin fuckery, and extendable.

So again, aside from the silence, I'm doing what I can to catch up and start showcasing a bunch of the new stuff that's getting added. Even if there's not much in terms of progress updates at the moment, you and /doomg/ will be the first to know once it's happening. Make space great again.

At the suggestion of Derflammenwerfer HateStation is switching its codebase to FTL13. The new ship will be able to move throughout space and represents an entirely new mode of play.

The name of our fine vessel is currently The Aloha Oe, but I'll be taking suggestions here about changing the ship's name.

Settings are preserved, and the new codebase is located here:

gitgud.io/nanotrasen/nullsec

Please enjoy!

IT'S TIME

i like drugs

Are you me?

That's when I discovered that this game is fucking awesome.

We've encountered a very serious problem where attempting to move between planets after moving from the nav beacon causes a space ripple to destroy the ship, thus killing everyone. Personally, I suspect corrupted files. Gitgud, please have the code integrity checked.

Bumps from an OP only work every 15 minutes. It's been that way on all boards for almost 3 years. I'll give you a bump.

Okay wl try this other one: keep a gun with you, and if you die in the game, you have to kill yourself in real life.

Lol

I miss Pizza Station.

Just gives me a black screen, even tried closing and reconnecting.

I am making a suggestion that we keep it the Aloha Oe. There really is no better nor more fitting name. We ain't Serenity, we ain't Enterprise, we ain't Event Horizon, we ain't Yamato, we ain't Outlaw Star, and we definitely ain't Bebop.

And yeah get the shit checked.

The Aloha Oe is fucking perfect.

user that was around before you gave it that name

this is your song

cool

randomly cycle through the names like they do for some station names
user you have an extremely limited glossary of space names
"Red Dwarf" just for starters, "Transport 18" for another
there is also the "The Heart of Gold" from hitchhikers guide and probably a few good ones in this list
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_spacecraft

Von Braun from SS2 would fit nicely for AI malf rounds

also The Raging Queen from Ice Pirates

The shit?

It's a time limit from your first join on the codebase. one of tggstation's features

Right, since so many people had issues with the engine, me included, I went ahead and read a bit about it, tested it somewhat and here's a guide on how to produce power with less exposions.

This engine uses the Super Matter Shard to produce Oxygen and Plasma that you need for other parts of it, as well as heat that the Thermo Electric Engine runs on.
It heats the air around it based on how much energy it has and this is the source of power you use.

Be aware that above 800 degrees, the core will start to be damaged and if it doesn't absorb any gas but it powered, it will also start to be damaged.
For an ideal reaction, you want at least 80% concentration of Oxygen. This means you gotta drain N2 from the chamber using the valve and the nearby filter for that, and you can re-use that N2 for the cooling loop.

Pic 1:
The blue circle is the coolant valve. Once everything is running, if the shard ever starts going kabloey, you open this to flood it with N2 and cool it down. Remenber to close it afterwards.

The orange circle is a modification I recommend making. Sometimes there's a buildup of CO2, if you place a filter there, you can extract it after it powered the Thermo so it won't flood the shard again.

The black circle is the computer that controls the valve in the shard chamber. It starts with the valve turned off, so go there and set the pressure to 5000 after turning it on.

The red circle is the emitter that you should only activate after everything else is setup and shut it down after a while. It's not required to be always running, only when you need heat.

Pic 2:
Orange and White circle were detailed in Pic 1

Purple Circle is the Plasma Filter, put a canister there and turn the filter on for any extra plasma the shard coughs up. You need plasma to power the Shield and the FTL, so recycling is always good.

Red Circles are the N2 recycling. You'll set the filter to extract N2 from the mix and then you'll switch those canisters everytime one of them is full, so you'll recycle any produced N2 into the coolant system, including any N2 you used for cooling.

Blue Circle is the O2. The more you pump into the Shard, the more power you get and since you need a concentration of 80% ideally, pumping some might help.

Now, onto the map itself, there's a few important things the crew has to remenber.

First of all, you can't just fuck off and do your thing, not with a small crew anyway. And there are a few jobs that are much more important than others.

For starters, you'll need a CE or Engineer. Power plays a vital role in keeping the ship flying and shields\guns\FTL will drain it fast. The Engine is easy to setup and keep running as long as there's someone dedicated to it and the Captain doesn't jump before it's running.

Secondly, you'll need someone in the bridge, at least one person. He's the one that will start jumps, toggle shields and fire guns, so ideally the Captain. There's a nearby room to load a cannon, more on that later, that could use some assistance too or you'll be firing too slowly.

The AI might seem like a good choice, and it can help a lot. From handling the cooling of the engine to firing guns or jumping, the AI can pretty much automate most of the station. However keep in mind the AI can juggle canisters in the engine, load ammo into the cannon or even go with you on land missions (someone needs to make a shell the AI can use)

Anything after those roles is filling that can help in their own way. A medic is always nice, someone handling science to upgrade the ship and produce weapons\mechs will greatly help.
However, they won't do much on their own if there's no power or if the ship has stopped.

After that, someone cooking good meals or cleaning the station can help as well, but those come last in usefullness.

So try to get a Captain and CE or the equivalent first, Scientists\Medics afterwards and anything else next. Coordinate before the round starts for best results instead of trying to do everything yourself after starting with a job that can't really help. The ship doesn't need 5 engineers and no captain and it most certainly doesn't need a chef to start the engine.

CANNON
Because this thing is awesome:
You have a computer to handle the different types of ammo. Cargo will drop new rounds in a belt that you can activate and if you toggle them first, they will automatically be stored.

To load the cannon, you must:
1-Open the cannon feeder.
2-Dispense the shell of your choice from the computer
3-Start the conveyour and let the shell reach the Cannon
4-Close the cannon

There's a very bad mistake you can make here that you need to be aware of:
When the Cannon fires a missile, it leaves behind a useless shell. When you open it, it will pop out (most likely to be recycled)
If you only open it when the new round is there, it will push the new round behind and keep the used round on the feeder, so you'll load the used one.
Worse yet, if you load multiple rounds (and the used one counts), when you fire the cannon, it will blow up. Avoid this, always remove spent rounds. It's as easy as opening the cannon before choosing the next one. And recycle them!

Engineering also has a role out side of engine baby sit as they can build new weapons for the ship kinda like setting up emitters once built up properly

Fap furiously.

literal meme game

You could play as a Syrian immigrant and work with ISIS cells to plot terrorist attacks, I guess.

Yeah actually I do.

It's not as easy as it was once upon a time but I still can.

Is that old or new graphics? Honestly cannot tell

You can actually load just about anything into the MAC. Bonus points if you destroy an enemy ship with the HONK shell (stuff the clown in and fire it at the enemy ship)

Make sure to calibrate the actuator between battles.

Fag usually for a first playthrough

Fucking seconded

DaSbabbies will have a hard time because of all those multiple enemy encounters.

Do ya like the grindan game

So does this mean they won't accept Geralt quotes?

just let it die.

I enjoy most games because I prefer not to play shit.

I found it pretty boring. Played for a bit then stopped because it got repetitive. Any fight was feasible as long as you kept repeating the same routine that you knew worked. Also you can cancel anything into dodge, you piterally can't fuck up

She's female, and therefore a gigantic self-centered whore.

It doesn't really feel like there's anywhere to discuss it. Never see it on /jp/, occasionally on /wsg/.

This server is
Try experimenting with other servers and find your flavour

As in the server is dead, but it wasn't shit before it died

Hey man Quake was cool. Medieval sci fi is good

the code is now ftl and is pretty fun with how it's handled

too bad the actual FTL server will always be better

what rank are you guys

I can't believe no one has mentioned Iji in this thread, that's a pretty good one.

Yeah, Meowth is kinda bedroom eyes but not bad, Persian is just kill-it-with-fire, especially since it might have looked okay if, like the Meowth, it hadn't had a different head shape, eyes too should have stayed.

F-Zero

Still makes me chuckle every time.

Is it true the team behind Black Flag is making the next AC? It may have hope then.

And opinion discarded

what plot holes?

Who cares?

What you live in some 3rd world shithole?

Only humans could be so insane to invade such a biome and then settle it.

guys, I feel like I'm repeating the same day over and over

Sega is American.

Radiant Historia and a bit of Fire Emblem

ignore the spam there's people playing on the server now, get on

Square didn't even make vcast
Disney was just fucking off

Race descriptions are written by Bethesda, and they can retcon whatever they want, which is what happened with the Bretons. So far, the claim that Altmer are the best mages has not been retconned.

Atelier

I'd personally be more afraid of the flamethrower because chances are if someone is actually using it, they've got a really nasty fuel in it. Supercooled gas is way deadlier than shitting fire at someone, because if all they have is a prod, you WILL get a chance to run away, and you'll do some hefty damage too. Hell, one of the easiest and deadliest guns to obtain is the temperature gun because, hard suit or not, you WILL get frostbite and it has a high capacity. You can't chase and you cant run away once you start taking hits and if you ARE wearing a hardsuit or really any armor, you're boned.

But that's just the same problem with another face.
It's not the damage that ever scares players, it's the crowd control. The slows and the stuns.
I used the flamethrower as an example but it probably would be more accurate to use laser guns versus stun prods, where laser guns require several shots to connect before they actually do something while the prod will knock you down so someone else will take the gun and shoot you with it.

My point isn't that there's no place for any form of CC in the game but rather how poorly balanced they are to the point that they can win a fight alone or trump cannons with brute damage. CC should have a reduced effect\duration so it assists combat instead of winning combat.

For instance, after the changes we made on Hatestation to the taser, stunprod and stunbaton as well as to the different cuffs, what happened was that taser rounds were usefull to disarm someone but not to cuff him. Disabler beams lasted longer than stunning but required 3-4 hits and were your bread and butter. Stun prods didn't stunned long enough to cuff someone so they were back to being defense tools while the baton worked well but only if you used actual cuffs, not wire or zip ones.

So every different form of stun had a specific purpose, a difficulty in obtaining and using and a result balanced around that so neither one was simply just another+1.

DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER DEADSERVER

there's been more people playing since the change was made, although there NEEDS to be fixes done before everyone leaves again

I should preface this, we do need more staff. And not "people with funbuttons and a nonchalant indifference to the rules" staff, because if I wanted that I'd have 10 people moderating already.

We need people with an understanding of the responsibility that entails who are good at resolving conflict and where applicable enforcing the baseline order we expect.

In low population, granted this hasn't been much of an issue. But in moving forward with a recovery we need this capacity from our administrative staff.

Unfortunately I can't really be active in an administrative capacity, so somebody will need to step up and act as the face of the staff. I can and will still administrate back end as often as possible.

Also it goes without saying we need coderbus, FTL13 is promising but it's a long way from finished.

I'll look at the codebase tonight but I can't guarantee I'll understand much of it.

yes and no, we need active staff and the only one who is right now is derflammenwerfer so he's your prime guy for face of staff I'd step up but that's like shooting your self in the nose PR wise

no you need someone who's restrained enough for that sort of thing to be only a good thing and shyelos is that person

it's interesting concept which forces people to actually work towards a common goal that's lacking in SS13 on the whole but right now we need the error which is causing us to not be able to jump alot to be fixed

we desperately need coders, new coders as well and on the front I can't seem to get coders interested in taking part sadly, we may need to cast our hooks out wider

I think we already went past the point where PR matters, especially considering we are talking about PR in an anonymous community. At this point, caring about PR is counter productive, results should be more important.
Anyone that starts shit because of names wouldn't play on the server regardless, they are in it for the drama and everyone knows it. The faster we stop caring about that kinda shit and actually work, the faster the server will improve.

This is the biggest thing with that codebase, something I always felt was lacking from SS13 too. As long as players stop screwing around and actually try to work together, this can be an excelent codebase. People really ought to stop picking jobs like Chaplain and Lawyer on low-pop since those don't help much.
The ship is also far too small for that kind of thing but the planets themselves are quite big with some secrets to find. If people sign up with the idea of exploring spess, not fuck around, the game becomes much more interesting.

Although, I foresee that this won't work. FTL13 needs a chain of command to work and someone calling the shots, deciding where to go next and what to prioritize as well as everyone else working for the good of the crew, not themselves.
Here on Holla Forums, having anyone stepping up for an authority role is always gonna end in disaster, it happens IC and OOC all the time, so expect the crew to be disorgazined as fuck and nobody does anything while everyone scrambles around. It might be a good idea for admins to enforce Captain's orders and jobban Captain's that cause too much trouble, at least at first.
There's also the fact that, during regular SS13, very few players actually worked to help others. Roboticists making mechs for the rest of the crew, Geneticists\Virologists making virus to share, Scientists going around upgrading stuff, etc. These things happened but they were quite rare.
In regular SS13, that's a shame and wasted potential. In FTL13, that's gimping the whole crew.

Come to think of it… I'm not entirely sure FTL13 is the right codebase for this playerbase…

there's that lot and there's others who aren't but when it comes to me I think I'm just fucked beyond all doubt tbh

fuck lawyer though, that's a job which needs fixing

I think that we should give it a try as the problem which come from our playerbase is due to boredom and autism

Chaplain is actually useful though. He acts as both a Knight and a Medic with both of his tools, as well as his many utilities vs Wizards and Cultists. For what you mean with 'fucking around', yes, he's just another assistant outside of those roles and plenty of people pick him for the memesmoke and the jokes, which is really more on fault with the player mentality rather than the role itself.

Lawyer is actually useless as HoP+Cargo basically takes over his role (bureaucracy and paperpushing) in every conciable way and more. I haven't seen any that hasn't been just a fucking Assistant with brig access or a Security Officer who din't pick the right job. Not that giving him any spotlight would be of any use, he's just a goddamn RP class, nothing but a filler in for the once in a blue moon Courtroom session that will inevitably end in Toxins teleporting a bomb whenever he feels like it.

FTL13 would have been the right codebase to choose right after cp died if it wasn't gimped by the fact that it's running on TGlatest with that god awful tgui shit that lags everything to death once it tries to load itself outside of Windows 10. And the new adaptive graphics thing that does not work on non-beta versions of BYOND which are still with broken menus for the old codebase stuff, like the junk food vendors.

I really want chaplain to be expended to be a sort of a mini cult deal where he can offer people to join his faith and if they do gives them a symbol of faith which protects against being converted by either cult and allow them better rng with the chaplains book.

also more cookie cutter options for the chaplain and his stuff would be nice

Heh… Nope.
His Obsidian Rod is as good as a surgical saw for combat, which is pretty good but since you can get the same thing from autolathes and the operating theater, it's redundant. Especially when there's an armory filled with deadly guns already.
You want a Knight, you get an Officer to gear up. His Riot Shield will actually protect him and his shotguns will down people, plus he can cuff and arrest instead of having to murder everyone.

As a Medic, he can heal Brute and Burn damage only and actually cause brain damage if the other guy doesn't have head protection.
He's useless against toxins or lack of air. Or brain\ear\eye damage or even diseases.

Chaplain is to Medics and Officers what Assistants are to Engineers and Atmos.
He's good only when there's a Cult, Wizards or Ghosts and that's it. I have an idea on how to improve him but that will be for later.

Lawyer could sorta work if we stop this idea that Officers are Police. Lawyers should be about protecting the private interests of the station against third parties outside the station, their paper pushing should contribute to that and they should be under the HoP just like the Cargo Techs are under the Quartermaster.
They should publish reports on the state of the station, fill legal forms to request permissions for things and file for lawsuits whenever something goes wrong.

You want to mine another area? You need a permit or it's a fine for you if you're caught. You want to order guns? File this permit first. Nanotransen wants to know how the Science department is going, send them a report that might even be accurate! (But if it isn't and they find out, expect consequences). Cargo gets a shipment missing several parts or faulty equipment? Sue the company for cash! Don't do it and they'll keep getting away with it!

At the beginning of the round, the chaplain picks an archtype for his religion, then renames it and it's deity to whatever he wants.
The archtype determines what powers his religion gives him and his followers as well as it's tenets and costs.
He can then use those powers and convert people, the more believers there are, the stronger his powers become.
Neither of this is something too amazing, but nevertheless it's still useful for everyone.
Examples:

Church of Gaia
The chaplain can spawn seeds. Their amount and cooldown depends on how many people he has converted, their rarity comes from the sacrifices he has made before, raw meat.
The chaplain can also bless plants, raising stats to a certain value determined by the amount of followers.
With enough believers, he also gains the power to spawn gras (switches tiles around) and even do it automatically with a toggle in higher levels, as well as making them grow faster.

Believers get the ability to spawn a common fruit or vegetable every 30 seconds and enjoy benefits from eating them raw depending on how strong the religion is, from increased nutrition to small healing.

Church of Coins (aka jews)
The chaplain can produce a single item that has cargo value or spawn coins\bills as well.
The value of the coins\bills he spawns is determined by the sacrifices he has done lately (blood, animals, peoplegoys)
The value of that item he can spawn depends on how many coins\bills he has with him. The more shekels you have, the better value that item has.
The cooldown for both of these powers is dependant on number of believers.

Believers have the ability to transform raw metals directly into coins with their hands (has a cooldown) and while blessed by the Chaplain, they heal slowly overtime and require less food, but if they are converted and not blessed, they'll take damage until at 50% and require 150% of food.
Ideally, the Chaplain is only gonna bless you after a tithe, that he will use to buy things from Cargo.

null rod does more damage againsts cult and holy water protects an area from cult and revegants

that's exactly not a bad idea for how lawyers should be and it also makes more sense given the lore, why the fuck would nanotrasen care about the personal interests of some clones on some random station?

I like this idea so long as the converts have to be willing of course, it'd be shit if it wasn't and there has to be negatives to joining otherwise everyone would just go for it, like they'd have to attention sermons and give offerings have things they can't eat or do against their religion

I don't like either of those examples I think things should be abit more stock as in based around being a paladin, bring a clerk, being a monk or being a nun.

but that Gaia idea would be a decent thing the Botanist could be, he could become a Druid

is it over?

No, actually I'm going to pull in updates from upstream and start grabbing people for more rounds right now. People have been pecking at the new code, and there's fresher content with more room to really fork it and go our own way with the codebase and setting.

Apparently some missions have been added now, just waiting for the current round to end so I can pull in updates.

Remove this bloody engine, holy shit!
The damn thing is tough as balls to stabilize, I've visited the other server and they can only do it by hooking up so many filters and other shit onto it there's nothing resembling the starting engine.

I honestly have no idea how the Supermatter Shard is supposed to stabilize, it eats gas and produces heat, oxygen and plasma.
This means that while it eats away N2 that stabylises it, it also produces and heats enough gases to start combustion, making the whole thing kabloey.
It has a limit temperature of 800K at which it starts to be damaged, but the Thermo Electric Engine requires far more than that.

And since we can't just turn it off, then what's the idea? Heat some gas, put it in circulation and then space the shard?
We could use a regular combustion chamber that burns Plasma+Oxygen mix and sets it in circulation for the same thing.

the whole ship needs a redoing so we need a mapper on the case sheylos knows how to map somewhat

Server's up, the ship now has objectives to complete by travelling throughout space.

why can't I see myself or anyone else?

Cause we all dead nigga.
Run over by our own ship.

still cant see myself

On the byond program, there's a button with a gearwheel.
Click that, then preferences.
Under the tab "games" try either switching the "graphics hardware" thing on or off.
Alternatively, clear the cache (it's the button bellow it) and re-join the server.

Or not. Serb dead.

Right, for anyone trying the engine next rounds, here's the very first step you gotta make:
Space the damn shard. Just press the button, let it go, forget about the damn thing.

Then put 2 connectors and a volume pump to feed plasma and oxygen to the hot loop, drop a lit welder\lighter inside the chamber and feed it plasma and oxygen.
Trust me, just turn it into a combustion chamber instead of fiddling with the dumb thing. It will generate tons of power for you and all you gotta do is re-feed it some more once it runs out.

Does singulo exist on this map

I supose you could build one. The result however might include a severe amount of !!!FUN!!!

Oh shit forgot we're on a spaceship
So explain this new map to me, what are the differences from metastation

No, you couldn't. The code that moves the ship ignores Space turfs, so the Singulo would be "left behind".

Ideally, this thing could use rad collectors instead of using heat and a tube loop to extract plasma and oxygen from it for the use of the station, maybe even a few open floors or a freezing loop to keep it radiating but cold.

Also when is the fix done

Basically, it's a ship.
It travels from place to place. Planets, stations and what not.
It has cannons (you can build more for the increased DAKA) and fight other ships. Then board and collect free shit.
There's suposedly objectives but I haven't seen anything yet.

Also,
SERB IS ALIVE AGAIN

it's tiny and can travel to planets and we can fight other ships

Alright, the server should be back up. The staff insisted I wipe the configs to make sure the problems we've encountered weren't the result of the old config. Apologies for interrupting gameplay, the server will remain up for the duration of the night.

Holy shit this is great

There's a problem right now where the ship kinda rips itself apart after a few jumps. Folks are trying to identify the problem.

We've recompiled FTL13 and a new round is now in progress. We've been having trouble jumping into non-Nanotrasen systems, we'll see how things go this time.

In an effort to find a solution to the "whole ship gets crushed by space when leaving a planet" problem we're upgrading the server to BYOND Version 511. Please update your clients and reconnect.

It's really easy to stabilize. I can do it with two ports, two filters, and plasma in the cooling loop. Just have filters set to remove plasma, O2, and CO2 into canisters.

I'M GONNA KEEP LOGGING BACK UNTIL THERE'S A PROPER GAME

Oh, and have the freezer ready to cool oxygen and stuff it all into one canister for bonus points

Alright I just had to do one more restart to get the database configured proper. Now we can run a round, hopefully.

Nope, shit's fucked. Please go to byond://173.172.210.177:58066 which is hosting a previous revision of FTL13 that is stable while we sort this out.

Gitgud, Chongorino and I deliberated and he cannot host FTL13 until upstream debugs the jump issue. HOWEVER.

My cousin has given me the go ahead to shill our own FTL13 server because the jump issue is not present. If you want to play FTL13 there until gitgud and crew can sort this whole thing out, my cousin gave me the go ahead to advertise ours because it is working. If you guys want to play FTL on ours until gitgud and crew fix this shit, here's the address

byond://173.172.210.177:58066

If you do not want to play on the listed server, you may also continue to play FTL13 on NullSec. Vote Restarts have been enabled as a way for players to restart the game in the event of encountering a warp error.

Why would you remove O2 but not N2, though?
N2 slows and diminishes the reaction while O2 at above 80% is what makes it more efficient.
Wouldn't this make it so barely any heat is produced?

Go check the shuttle.dmi (or similar) for the code.
There's the roadkill function there that kills everything where the ship will land, but there's also a commented function that, from what I understand, seems to check if the turfs being tested are part of the ship or not.

It's not called anywhere at all in the code but maybe the trick is to uncomment it and call it in the docking function above?
Or maybe not, seeing as the problem starts when you start the journey.

In any case, I downloaded the code once and ran it just fine, even traveling to Syndicate and Sovgorod space without any issue, with and without shields on.

Are you running it on Linux?

Nope, still haven't got around to install Lunix in a machine, though I plan to.
Maybe it has something to do with that.
You guys mentioned something last night about destination stations not being loaded, maybe the process of loading them might not be working okay in Linux, if it's not just a Z-map swap (which I don't think it is)

That, and the fact that My cousin and presumably monster (the official FTL13 server's host) run it on Windows.

Linux fags BTFO, Lunix has no games and refuses to run games!

But seriously, if that's the issue, and it seems so, then it's most likely related to how the levels are read.
I don't think there's a Z-Level for each planet hand made by the devs, rather it generates them based on a seed and records it for later (which makes me wonder what happens if you revisit a planet, since they are marked as visited)

The beacons have no problem since there's nothing there most of the time, but everywhere else would likely be an invalid z-level if it wasn't properly built and the function that handles the transfer might then consider it's own turf as the destination or something fucky like that.
Shame on the original devs for not making a check that there's an actual destination before jumping…

On the same note, where's the yellow pages? Is that an item or an option in the pilot menu?
And how do people know exactly where the enemy ship they are fighting against is for the purpose of salvaging it? Is it always in front of you or is there a monitor that tells you that?

From my personal tests, most of those ships have an actual crew of people that will murder you if you get near but I don't know if they actually operate posts and the ship they pilot.
It would be pretty cool if Science made a telescience pad and teleported people inside to board them.

Telesci can probably teleport them if they have the coordinates and if the enemy ship is on the same Z-level. A GPS unit sent into them could work as a beacon for that, as you easily get the coordinates for the pad that way. Maybe a boarding party can bring them in and then you can teleport in reinforcements after destroying enemy emplaced weapons? We'd need way more crew for that though.

OR we code in a tele-cannon.
And voila, it's a homing beacon for the tele-rape-train.

Atmos trained here

I bet I can make a more automated syatem than that

Although, it might be a poblem with certain versions of Linux, such as Gentoo.

I'm joking about that one by the way. Gitgud's running it on Ubuntu.

I'M SORRY IS THAT A FUCKING VENT

well it's all fucked anyway now, powers out

fucking christ it took long enough

and that's my shift
any questions how to atmos and why I did what I did, just ask just ask

Uh. I expected him to be running Kali.

Yes and no. It's a vent, but apparently vents can be used to drain gas as well. Check the PC near the SMES to turn it on and outputting gas.
Supposely, it's faster than scrubbers or something.

When power is out, you demand plasma sheets, hook the PACMAN to a terminal near an APC and then kickstart it again.

See, this is what I fucking hate when people make engines. It's always some sort of stupid unusable trash that crashes and burns faster than you can say "SING LOOSE" despite them having every tool required to make it a decent and automated system.

The game seriously needs an engine that gets unstable when you demand too much from it, not one that goes unstable just because it feels like it and forces you to babysit it the whole round and breastfeed it N2.

Also, the game fucking needs people to give a rats ass about power, even in SS13 it was always the same shit.
Some fags join the game with useless roles and then proceed to fuck around when there's nothing to do in the ship, and some Captain's will first thing into the round target a nearby system and start flight while you are still setting up the engine.
You fucking shit-for-brains, stop wasting the limited amount of power we have until the engine is up! Why the fuck do you think we are stranded?

also I wan't to say there is a shitload of wasted pipe space

yeah I remembered it was an option when I was reviewing the current atmos cells

fuckin a

I actually had to stop N2 input because it could not cool fast enough
I am OG engineer fag that learned atmos
I am also the atmos fag that hyperpressurized eva when the server went to full on ZAS for like a week
when shuttle was finally called people were getting thrown from eva clear to central donut hallway

lel

Why not design a good automated engine and push for it to replace the current shit one, then?

I decided to go rewire atmos to show how shit it was and found this

whoops

Hook up a default freezer to the N2 input and use plasma canister from Cargo as coolant. Nig the spare heater from atmos, turn it into a freezer, and hook it up to the coolant loop at a point after it exits the heat exchange area. This will help insulate the loop from being fucked up when landing on a planet.

fortunately it was easily fixed

what like code?
fuck that man I ain't no code monkey, I'm jsut good at atmos

current improvements to atmos, need to move the green line up a line and the air mix down one

Huzaah! The "kill everyone because Warp Demons" is fixed!

GOD DAMNIT I JUST FINISHED ATMOS AND SERVER RESET

Because it's time to baord motherfuckers and loot the everloving shit out of THEM!
HURRAY!
TIME FOR CARNAGE

man I gotta go to sleep, I wanted to properly document the atmos changes and now they are cut off

FUCK YES now I can have fun and stop torturing my self with nu/tg/

I mean fuck, look at all the space I made

Good news everyone! Corporate espionage does pay off. This is how they set their engine to actually work in other servers.
Of note is how fucking retarded this whole thing is. You can probably guess what the filters do based on where they are connected but the fun part comes from the computer.

This thing barely has moles around the shard and yet they get out steaming hot. Because they fucking cheat and use multiple scrubbers syphoning that fucking place. LIKE I BLOODY SAID YOU HAD TO.

You can sleep in the crewquarters.
AFTER WE'RE DONE KICKING XENO ASS

that looks way worse than mine

so they just have a higher volume of extraction

look here
mine wasn't even efficient and I saw it peak at around 500,000

nigga I just lost 3 hours work to a hotfix and I gotta work
I'll see your ass later

We found out the problem with the help of monster860, the working directory needed a symlink to _maps from the git since there is dynamically loaded content that isn't compiled in.

This is also why Lavaland was broken before.

Please stop by byond://jinteki.industries:5513 to play some spessmen.

can you make atmos less shit later with reference to my changes?

Maybe, did you post an issue on the git or make a thread in /nt/? Describe your request and why it's important and we'll see what we can do.

atmos is a clusterfuck of wasted space see here
changing it to be more like here
would make it take less time to make and change at all on the fly because all the useful spaces are nto take nup and there is a whole row unused if something needs to be rigged

I mean look at this ridiculous shit

or even more like here

the map is going to need alot of work before it's fit to shape

well I did enough work to make screenshots with my suggestions for improvements, all I can do

I know the rest of what I have to say is just tit bits someone other then gitgud should work on doing but I'll get some ms paint doing soon

Oh, and can we move the scrubber in atmos at thenorth east side of the room to the west end of the room, damn thing pipes into the hallway north of atmos right now and it makes no sense at all

Autist here, I'll download the source and see how small I can make atmos.

Took 5 tries to download it, gitgud.io a shit.

So wait in serb n#1 there are no tators or PVP?

We have objectives and enemy ships, it's more cooperative but still challenging.

what's happening?

Anyway, this is the most room I could make without redoing atmos completely.

Looking forward to it thanks for the info.

damn why can I not see my clothes or anyone elses ? I followed instructions posted above for invisible characters and now this

Did you update your byond?
You gotta use that [BETA] version or something.

right I this is rough but it suits what I'm going to explain now

the shields need extending out a good ten or so tiles in every directions

the whole of the command and areas next to it needs to be moved up and the space behind it can be used to put in the roles which are missing

there's a bigger cell in sec which I guess is the perma but really isn't so it can be used for something else like the wardens office

there's a weird bit near the bar and kitchen which could be made into clown office/ theater

the cloner, surgery and genetics can all be moved into the cryno area to allow a morgue, something for maint or a better holding cell for viro but the cell can be removed for something else

the exturnal cooling system in engineering needs to be put outside the station because it looks fucking stupid where it is

the vault needs to be also put in someplace behind command rather infront of our weapons like that

oh and also that extra room in cargo can be turned into a office for there or just opened up proper for crate unpacking

and EVA is way too big for what it is

Eva is more like a garage than anything.
Fits being big and all.

My main complaints right now are:
Even discounting the ballistic one (since that takes a fuckload of space) the laser one's just awakrdly go in front of the bridge.
And by that I don't meant the small buildspace we got around the ship. I mean that there's no maintenance room and the computer to control them has to be on a valid electric turf: inside the ship.

I'd say we make a new ship from the ground up.

sure, in the long run but right now we just need some changes made to the current one to make it more bearable

Server is updated, the bar/kitchen layout is massively improved now.

To be honest, solars on a spaceship that moves at FTL and engages in combat don't make much sense, but whatever.
We do need a bigger ship since the current one is missing a lot of content and is far too tiny.

The single most pressing change is the engine that needs to be redone for something else.
Last round was incredibly short because nobody even went near the whole thing and to be honest, I don't blame them. It's something so unstable you're better off spacing the shard and making a combustion chamber instead.

However, I still foresee many, many missions being cut short because people would rather play Clown than set up the engine.
Gonna take a long while till people understand just how vital that part of the ship is.

couldn't agree more, what about the proton engine?

We need an engine that's easy and fast to start so anyone can dispense 2 minutes at the beginning of the round, but one that can be tweaked on the fly so it's acutely interesting for the engineers.

For instance, have a core that's directly connected to the power grid. It has two modes of working, a passive one where it has a fixed amount of energy it can produce but it's not much and won't sustain the ship during long battles.
And an active mode where the energy it produces is the needs of the powernet plus a margin of error, however the more it produces, the more it heats up and then works exactly like the Shard does now.

Anyone could just start the core in passive mode at the start of the round and this would do for the most part, but if an engineer signs up, he can manage it to produce far more power as well as manage the coolant it will need to remain at a safe temperature or the energy dispensed to certain parts of the station so it's temperature remains stable at the expense of not charging something.

It should also consume some kind of fuel (but not Plasma, that's just overdoing it, maybe Oxygen) and in active mode, it's consumption varies as well.
Then you have an engine that's easy to setup for general engineer-less crew but values the presence of engineers by increasing the juice the station has available as long as they take care of it.

there's nothing current which does that other then TEG but even then that's still abit overwhelming for none autists, I would suggest something new entirely as well as putting in something for propulsion to

I can sprite whatever up for you if you want and can think up something which works, I personally think some kinda captured multiple mini singo system with a built in PA

Why not a nuclear reactor?
They're simpler than they sound said the Russians shortly before Chernobyl, being essentially coal powerplants, except the coal has been replaced with fissile rods. They should be easy to automate. At least, if you don't want it to melt down.
Then if you wanted to make it a bit more complex, you could do as Barotrauma did and have said nuclear reactor generate more energy the hotter it is.

nah it doesn't fit the billing what so ever

yes and no, it takes alot more then what you think since you also have to make the plutonium from the uranium

user pipes under the floor still block placing more pipes

How so?

I was unaware the Aloha Oe was a generation ship required to make its own plutonium.

because mum plasma goon lore!

lewd

doesn't the Aloha Oe run on that mcguffin dandy is infected with? I actually don't know what powers that ship

just do what I did and hook it directly to atmos with some excess filters

Bar and kitchen must be a center of ship

there'd be plenty of space for those two be moved there

breddy gud with that green line tho

good good, the mess is the heart of the ship

you did the right thing

jesus christ I know this feeling

Because, ironically, it's too complex and too simple at the same time.
It still takes far too long to setup and with too many steps for the average faggot, but in the end it's too stable, simple and unengaging that it will be ignored.

A good engine for this server must be something that's turned on with the flick of a button (so even the AI can start it) but requires moderate manual care to fully exploit for 3 or 5 times the regular output.
And it must be properly balanced that the regular output serves the crew's needs regularly but not in more demanding situations like battle and charging shields\FTL\cannons or if science decides to fire up the EXPERIMENTATOR.

Has no one played Pulsar: Lost Colony? It's essentially that, a core that powers the ship but overheats if you demand too much and you either spend cooling to keep it under control or you'll have to lower the available power in some part of the ship. It works very well and the engineer role feels both usefull and interesting.

I bloody hate this comic because that kind of thing happens far too often and really shouldn't.
There's nothing worse than having to juggle many different departments because nobody manning them or related jobs does that.
There's never engineers, medics or scientists to fix, power, heal and improve the station, everyone just wants to fuck around in a costume or abuse whatever power his job grants them.
Would it kill the geneticists to start cryo and keep a medkit nearby to heal people?
Would it kill Xenobiologists to do a bare minimum of R&D first?
Would it kill Assisntants to pick Engineer instead, start the engine and only then fuck around?

Right, so, today I'll be reading up on the objectives thing since aparently we only have "kill X ships and get their furs to make coats" MMO-tier mission.

If you guys have sugestions for crew objectives post here. Otherwise, I got a very simple sugestion.
You know how Objectives are a list, right? Which means you can add shit to it mid-game.
How about this:
And from that point onward, you have two or three ways to solve each objective. It will then pick the next mission based on how you solved the last. Eventually, the Objective list will look like a short campaign of missions.

This means STRUCTURE. Objectives feeding into each other, rising in complexity & dificulty, and then a final climatic objective.

Also a minor sugestion that I have that is more based on personal preference than anything else.
Up to discussion:

I'd like to see some sort of progression for the ship. Kinda like FTL, where you keep upgrading and becoming more powerfull.
One of the fields we could do this is with research. Idea:
But since we're also about exploring unknown worlds and discovering new things:

We might need to re-arrange the research table and spread things out among the whole 10 levels, since right now most things don't need to get up to 10 research level anyway.

gather shit from multiple planets to research thing for goal
it's fucking easy to understand and makes the crew work together without it being a basic fetch quest, so long as it seems cool like
thing could be a rift to GTFO universe or a way to stop universe going completely ded, can also kick off mid round

Actually more specifically have the ship start with generic missions of gather X material and then drop real missions on them emergency style after half an hour in

like hunt the red october or proceed to planet to explore specific ruin or the earlier mentioned GTFO universe mission or something like in 5th Element

For now I want simple sugestions.
"World ending" shenanigans are possible, but those take a great deal of effort and coding to put up.
I still need to read how to spawn ships and the like, because one event we could have is to have a ship following you around and hunting the crew down.

so you wan't more filler to fluff things up in between, got it
start with basic mining quests
make it so we can go mine a rock and take it home to home base and sell it
then make a mission for a specific amount

that's a mechanic you can build other shit on plus a fetch quest using mechanic
also do we have a basic bitch home base station where we can drop shit off? maybe buy shit like sex robots there later?
because an objective related location like that like a mission board would be good
maybe just standing orders every round to get a quantity of material and deliver it there like 300 plasma or something, basic trader mechanics is what I am getting at

random derelict space ships to explore would be good too, by orders or discovery

I like it. I want to make something like the Nuke Disk locator, but for quest objectives (and pointing back to the ship too).
So for instance:
>Get mission: Mine this weird rock made of nightmares that might or might not summon weird shit on board

I was just talking about asteroid mining but whatever inspires you user

now I'm gonna give the engine a test run for quick setup

Milo Thomlinson is a shitter

The pipes aren't under the floor. I'm using dreammaker so everything is visible.
I don't like building the mix loop because letting people do it themselves is more fun.

well then it's not a bad job user

round start, time to do this right

part 1, engine atmos intake
this setup is shit and we are going to change it

this is how things looked before part 1

FUCK
part 1 pics

and now the after images, after modifications have been made for injection

you will note that air mix is used since all the machine needs is nitrogen and oxygen

and now the BEFORE pictures for filtering and recycling

ISHYGDDT

and AFTER

it ran for 5 fucking hours before the server reset last time

next post is gonna be wonky because carp attacked me and I don't have perfect experience with startup of shard

also people seem unrobust as fuck

Does the shard produce power by itself?
I remember playing with an engine like this a long-ass time ago, but we had rad collectors near the shard.

you were right
we ran out of AIR

engine runs fine tho

I just wish everyone else wasn't so unrobust and didn't die to fucking weak carps

The shard produces heat that is pumped in the tubes to the Thermogenerator.
That engine you used had a variant where the shard produced radiation as well (this one doesn't, I don't know why this guy doesn't just use mesons) and the radiation fed the collectors.

It would help if you could tell what's each filter filtering.
Also, I find it hard to believe this actually works. How is the temperature in the shard kept cool enough?

Yeah, but nitrogen is on par with oxygen when it comes to being shit at absorbing heat.

it just werked

it just werked, worked yesterday too

but listen to my story of just now

WEW LAD

oh and if you don't think it works just check when I posted

it fuckin werks mate, tho I clearly fucked it up this time, pretty sure it was the sudden mixing of CO2 and Nitrogen, maybe too much pressure, pipes were already at 4000 and 25 degrees, maybe the sudden temp rise was enough to kill it

oh right

in p2c it is filtering CO2 N2 and if I feel like it PLASMA tho I never need to run that one

in p1c it is filtering O2 and whatever I feel like, usually nothing, like the other one

this round has shown me it's not a great design since I had no way of getting the N2 out without spoiling the mix filtration and I was just getting started with fixing that when shit went off

it's fun but I don't like the power system it's got, sure it's simple to start but it doesn't go deep enough for anyone to really care to master it

I'd love a sort of voyager deal where we get sent to patrol a boarder only to end up getting succ'd into some kinda vortex in the furtherest parts space and have to make our way back

this is awful idea, I know RnD needs to be different then what it is currently but not like this

I'd suggest keeping much of the same however instead of decon = levels, decon = atons which have to be reconstructed in certain orders to progress along the tech tree of each of the researches

so many carp events it's silly

Objectives for a game like this?

Just a few to startup.

Also I shot the shard with the emitter like 8 times because I wasn't sure it was working

having the N2 at 4k instead of 2.5k like I had it last time was probably a contributing factor to why it did nto work as well and the lack of breathable air

this is relevant because I only shot it like 3 times the first time I ran it

OH

and I had 3 FREEZERS on waste not just 2

and they were all set to around 100 not minimum

another objection could be nanotrasen gets a distress signal from one of their outer stations so we're sent into to investigate but once we get there it could end up being a sort of space hulk kinda deal and what we encounter could be anything from xenomorphs to syndies or even a blob, all these options could be player controlled antags to, which forces the players to decide if they can wait and gear up first or rush right into the thick of it

NIGGERS

we'll never catch the vault goblin now!

fucking engine autism takes too long

hence the need of a new engine all together, quick to set up but hard to master

that was rather fun, after engine and carps were taken care of

wish I could move the safe

it's suppose to be unmovable to avoid niggers stealing it

no no no just fucking make the pipes set up in advance

if you fuck up the mix you can blow up the shard super quick

sheit

we''re black up

alright fuckit, speed run engine setup

GODDAMNIT. Oh well it was such an important change that it NEEDED this restart.

o-or… not

anyone else seeing shit looking fucked?

rememeber carps down in like 2 or 3 hits from welder

you homo what have you done

you can have both nigger

WHAT IS THIS GRAPHICS

so we keep shard and have it set up early?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?
WHY THE FUCK.
GODDAMNIT GITGUD.
FUCKING HELL WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BREAK EVERYTHING?

NOW YOU DONE IT GITGUD
NOW YOU DONE IT

POP WAS GOIN UP AND WE WERE GETTING SHIT DONE

we'll have to see on whoever maps it

maybe we should leave it for abit

Problem about carps isn't killing them. It's that they deal 15 damage per hit unarmored (they have teeth which rival a goddamn circular saw), can stun you at random (repeatedly too) and by breaking in they ultimately fuck up all of the atmos which means constant area damage for the entire room in less time that you can say "robust" if you don't have EVA due to how small everything is.

so anyway power was going up to like 550,000
engine was working good

yeah it's fucked, check your characters blackface right now

it's still fucked

sad

I swear i'll rekk your shit up too.

nigga I am a robust legend
I survive all kids of blobs and crazy shit like roboticist tater takeover

We held a vote on it dude.

Also upstream is doing weird stuff with the server reporting to a bot, I had to comment that out before we were good to go.

Server is back up.

bet you can't handle some furfag vore ERP fagit

I can handle it with fire assgobolin

Houston we have a problem:

Dec 13 14:57:49 Jinteki-Vidya2 DreamDaemon[7566]: Caught SIGTERM, attempting clean shutdown.
Dec 13 14:57:49 Jinteki-Vidya2 DreamDaemon[7566]: runtime error:
Dec 13 14:57:49 Jinteki-Vidya2 DreamDaemon[7566]: [14:57:49]Cannot read null.ip_intel (unsorted.dm: 413)
Dec 13 14:57:51 Jinteki-Vidya2 systemd[1]: Stopped SS13 Server.

Giving me connection failed

W E A K
Kill a deathsquad without a stunprod or explosives. Not the old ones that don't even have shields, the nearly-invulnerable ones on nuTG.

nigger I am atmos
do you know how atmos does fire?
atmos does flamethrowers and vents

Shit son you ever fuck with people using ZAS?
I will fuck you up son

so how fucked is it?

lel nigga just like, wear magboot and internals
you're weak sauce
you aint even using your axe while naked like robustin of old antangue
bet'cha don't even know standard firesuits > hardshitters

i'll be doin runs around ur shit while u try to flame the everything and fail, get disarmed n00b

famalam you ain't understandin, when I go fire, I go station fire at 4500PSI a second

I'm a mother fucking 12 volume pumpin all vents open firebomb

I hope it's fucked enough to allow me to sprite shit

It's fixed.

think ur hot shit?
try blowin halfall the station with just vol pumps
shits easier than toxins
telesci cant even handle that shit from maint

ur ded kiddo, i can teleport anywhere, anytime.
I don't even need a handtele for that son.
i can fuk ur shit up in 600 ways and thats just with signallers

I'm still spriting fag and you can't stop me

please excuse how shit this is currently with it's flat colours and lake of depth or shading this is a WIP

this is the kinda propulsion engine thingy I'm working on to replace the shit two tile "thrusters" we currently got.

thoughts?

it's size is 12 tiles so to compare it's two grav gens next to each other in size

I needed to laugh today. Thanks, faggots

classic

It's funny when we are just memeing around but I do remenber being a Nuke Ops one round where we took too long setting up.
When we finnaly jumped to the station and went inside, there were hull breaches, corpses and blood everywhere and we couldn't find anyone alive. The disc was on the corpse of the clown and the nuke we set up was merely euthanasia.
This used to be standard for TG were the deadliest round type that always resulted in the biggest amount of casualties was extended

Now they reached such a low point even Old Man Robustin says the AI and SecBots are OP

this was always the case

more people die due to incompetence than malice which is why I've been on this engine

otherwise this round would be over or someone elses burdenous job as engineer

that was a pretty good round

damn that is some salt admins

new servers

I mean new thread needed

You make the new thread, we're on page 15.

don't have the op, you make it

I wish i could actually post a thread in everychan BUT CODEMONKEY CAN'T CODE FOR SHIT, EVEN WEBMS ARE BROKEN AND EVERYTHING IS BROKEN AND FUCK YOU CHODEMONKEY but asides from that, if i could i would.

It'll be a miracle if i post this thing, it's been the 3rd try now and you can't even save posts that don't go through the broken captcha system. So you have to rewrite everything if shit goes bad.

you deserve no post hell

e