Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer: PRAISE KEK Edition

Since NWN was for free on GoG for the past couple of days, I've been hosting the Persistent World Realms of Netheria, plus servers for the OC, HotU, and the item shop between them called The Quartz Emporium. Lots of people have come in.
To join us, load up NWN and go to multiplayer, then hit Direct Connect, and copy+paste the server's address. Or use Neverrun and use Direct Connect from there to join. (neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/neverrun)

Realms of Netheria
mdfnwn.servegame.com:5130

• Hack 'n slash lootfest
• Requires CEP 2.6+ (neverwintervault.org/cep)
• To install CEP, just put all those folders into your NWN directory and overwrite anything if it asks.
• I recommend making a test character so you can build your character properly because of the amount of customization done to the module

OC
mdfnwn.servegame.com:5121

HotU
>(10 slots - levels 10-40)
mdfnwn.servegame.com:5124

The Quartz Emporium
mdfnwn.servegame.com:5125

• Server portals are available upon request which seamlessly transfer you from one server to another.

Other urls found in this thread:

nwnlist.com/
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/images/icons/immunity-icons
nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Classes
a.pomf.cat/yrvvew.exe
a.pomf.cat/fswpiu.exe
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/bioware-premium-modules
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/premium-module-offline-authenticator-generator
tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_III_(Nintendo_DS)/Unused_Text
neverwinternights.info/players.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump, anyone playing?

there's two in the OC if you want to roll up a new character, but I want to try to get people into Netheria since its a PW and doesn't need nearly as much DM intervention

yada bait etc

id play a different action PW:
heres some action server names and some stuff about em:
myriad destinies: not english
dor maeglin: devestating critical disabled and at least three quests can give xp to players who didn't do them, otherwise no notable problems; has activity sometimes and has a pretty nice amount of non-solo endgame content, requires .hak packs
kharindale: lvl 60 cap, don't know much more
soulforge: weapon masters cant survive in the endgame; only casters and dwarven defenders can make it anyway, possibly barbs with epic DR3 as well
three towns: start at level 4, barbarians are hilariously overpowered at high levels, throwing axes are OP as well, no kamas exist, dev crit disabled, not enough non-solo endgame content(if any exists at all)
neversummer 4: too much loot, animal companions and familiars don't work(though maybe they do now)
lands of arda: .hak files didn't install right for me, website lacks information
a vagabond server: level 60 or something I forget, don't know much more
gem of the north: not english, likely russian
victorian nordock: item levels are implied to be too high and it has silly rules
leonidas presents: think the magic level is too high or something not sure atm; theres something about roleplaying too and theres some rules… don't know much
greyhawk: CEP required, dunno much else
midgard: starts at level 5, high magic levels
ruhn: way too complex, many foreign features introduced etc(vampirism points among them)
badlands: every new player gets one instant level 40 dude, or at least i got one for no apparent reason
gemstone: dead, inactive DMs, dev(s) stopped developing, endgame is ruled by rakashas and clerics and bard/rdd/PMs and to a lesser extent dragons
dreu noctem: level 27 cap
Far East: level 60 cap, I think
world of sanctuary: too much like a different game(D2), doesn't start at level 1
turmish lands: dead server
higher ground: level 60 cap, huge changes from standard NWN: HoTU, high population
sinfar: NSFW and not an action server; do not delve into those depths

all of those servers except higher ground and three towns have a very, very low population of usually less than 5 players online, often having nobody online; but if they aren't called dead in the description, they most likely still get some activity
and three towns doesn't encourage party play enough because of the lack of non-solo endgame content
as for higher ground, they have a whole wiki for you to use to discover their flaws

heres a server list, though it just has servers that registered for the website
nwnlist.com/

This version of Realms of Netheria is so heavily modified from the original that it might as well be a different PW entirely.

i'm on this netheria, its pretty fun

server shit itself?

Sorry, Netheria is back up now

who /saiyajin/ here?

Kill yourself

night guys

also to any lurkers, netheria is pretty damn fun so far, check it out

cool, will check it out, just need to reinstall CEP.

I'm still working on some DMed content, decided to use the constraint of no required hak (still a fair bit of cosmetic only addons, but there's a way to make all that optional). Will post as I have more. Working on some tabletop-style scripts at the moment.

Netheria is waaaaay more fun than the OC campaign which I never finished. I don't really see a reason to go back it at this point

see you guys tomorrow

Hi

Looking forward to play with you, sir
with time l earn to play it .

*or miss
*mrs
*mam
*man
*woman
*if none above, what/which?

Oh, you made Netheria work again.

is the server up still?

ye

I'm awake now, looks like the servers still reset on the same schedule even if one of them crashes.

damn, guess everyones busy right now

might be on later tonight when the euros come on or tomorrow sometime

There's 3 of us in Netheria right now, peak hours start about now or in an hour

spookcrew would of been better in hindsight

you have to change it,everyone gets unique multiplayer cd keys

7/20 players in Netheria, wew

i've hit levels of buffing that shouldn't be possible

you should use this, it makes it easier to tell which immunities you have up

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/images/icons/immunity-icons

It's a shame that

"mdfnwn.servegame.com:5121"

Is empty, I was hoping I'd play with people after getting the game for free, oh well.

I can hop on if you want, or we need to set up a time/day for all of us to hop on and play a server

that's the OC, there 2 people in it right now. There's 8 on :5130 but the servers are going to reset in a half an hour

What does OC mean?

In this context it refers to the original campaign of the game

Is there anywhere to check the subraces details for Netheria? I try to check but the site on the book is down.

Original Campaign, the official first game campaign.

Aw man, more people should play it, so I'd have someone to party with, by the way something I have noticed is that I was able to kill NPCs, do they ever respawn?

The journal should have info on the subraces

check your journal. When you're in character creation, you have to choose the base race that it belongs to, then hit Subrace and enter the name of it exactly as it appears in the journal.

Once you're logged in, the server will note your subrace and boot you from the server to apply the changes.

Servers are reset, its safe to return now

Is this version of NWN pozzed? I keep seeing mention of >she in place of he and the gender text is " males can aspire" and "females can excel". Should i be worried for the single player? ive never played this before

why is this a thing

NWN1 is from the before-times, user. The "males can aspire to" and "females can excel" was in the original BG2's gender descriptions anyway.

I was just wondering if this is another on of those "hd remasters"

NWN doesn't have one of those yet

:^)

I know you are paranoid, but this game is fucking old for that shit.

oh h*ck off, I knew that piece of shit would never be a replacement for NWN. Nothing's ever been a good enough replacement.

Also Netheria is back up, dunno what that crash was about

Is Netheria any good?

Satan, see

What is Netheria about?
Is it just some custom campaign?

you get your hub area with portals leading to different areas with recommended level ranges. Unlike OC, mobs usually drop good shit that is worth a fair bit of money, even if you don't want to use it. Level cap is bumped up to 60 and you can respec from level 2-40. There are some side quests you can do but I've never done any of them.

There's an area called the Omega Forge which lets you add enchantments to equipment for a price. Having permanent haste is amazing.

I'm sure there's a lot more to say about Netheria but I've only been on for about a day. Very pleased so far

custom henchmen
legendary levels
working subraces
follow
drugs
lots of gear
custom stuff
about 5 dungeons per hub
party loot selling
epic dungeon runs

Sounds cool, man, is the server in need of healers?

I like to play healer.

I could see healers being really useful pre 40/ll after that rez would be good, if you can get on when lower level groups are going you'd be great

Spellcasters in general are badass in Netheria. There's a custom tweak that makes Storm of Vengeance follow the caster around instead of being a static AoE spell too, that's my favorite part.

I just tried twice to make a new character on quartz, saved it the second time, tried to join a server, character not there. Logged back into quartz, character not there.

Wtf lol

my old one is still there tho

I put a third server portal in Quartz that leads to Netheria since that's where most of us are playing now, but it uses a separate character vault so you have to make a new one for that server. It also needs CEP, see the OP

Ya but I tried to go into the OC server from quartz with the new char. OC server didn't see the new character, quit, logged back into quartz, new char gone.

What are some good custom modules?
Does the gog version come with the premium modules?

man, what in the fuck is Netheria's issue today? That's the second time its crashed. This never happens.

Hey, where can I look up the classes I can run. I want in on the fun as well, I just want to know what I can do so I can think about specs n shit to work towards.

nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Classes

Alright, time to join this bitch.

What's a good race for a healer?

any is fine

I am gonna play on this server.

I have my character build sorted now! It seems pretty godly.

Most healing classes use Wis as their main attribute, pick a race with high Wis.

There are none.

I'd say human or half-elf just because your favored class is your highest level, so you can multiclass, and none of the other races give you anything super useful except maybe a bonus to saving throws or extra AC for midgets. I'm shit at builds in this game though despite playing it for years

multiclass with less penalties*.

Also I should add that the main healers are paladins and clerics. I never played paladin much, but I know clerics are ridiculously well rounded. They also need charisma for their domains, which may or may not effect you based on what you pick.

so I'm already running 10 fighter/30 blackguard

knowing that blackguard sneak attack stacks with rogue sneak attack, would it be a good idea to take my last 20 levels as rogue?

Shadowdancer for HIPS or Assassin.

Assassin is absolute garbage. I know from experience, as it was my go-to class.

The stacking sneak attack is not as good as it sounds. The main benefit for rogue is his op special feats, use-magic device, and extra skills.

I'm not really sure what you get out of 20 epic blackguard levels though, other than Epic Fiendish Servant scales with your blackguard level.
I remember one trick with blackguards was you could stack his bull-strength feat with a bull-strength potion/spell.

You cant change class via legendary levels, it uses the class that you have the most levels in. Class benefits like sneak attack dice or uncanny dodge do not progress any further either.

If anyone still wants to play and doesn't have a key:
a.pomf.cat/yrvvew.exe
a.pomf.cat/fswpiu.exe
Use the first generator for NWN base and SoU and use the second generator for HotU.

Ah so the clever marketing ruse worked? Why am I not surprised.

You mean the ruse where they gave out the game for free? Unless you bought another game on GOG while you were downloading it you didn't fall for anything.

Tales of Arterra and The Aielund Saga.

Yes. Several of them aren't actually finished, though.

Oh. So I would be looking at 10 fighter/50 blackguard as my final build huh? I already have max sneak attack die for blackguard so it's something I can live with.

20 monk 12 weapon master 8 fighter, yes?

I've done that build before. Going for Dual-Kama crit?

Op you glorious bastard, I didn't even think anyone remembered this game existed when I saw it for free on GoG. I played this when its main competitor was Dungeonsiege, and while the graphics have always been garbage, the insane amount of modding content that was available makes it great.

For any new players, I'd stay away from the low-power RP servers as they are often (but not always) run by your stereotypical faggot aspie DM / whiteknight. Always fun to get a perma-ban on by breaking peoples "immersion"

Talk about contradictory statements.

yeah

and how do I put abilities on quickbar?

you can do better, at least in non-custom content
your attack bonus is gonna be low than a high lvl wm and theres barely any reason to have more than 7 weapon master levels when you aren't gonna have 13 16 19 22 25 or 28 WM levels instead

even a ranger 35/fighter 4/monk 1 in that order would be better than that build, at least versus crit immune enemies, even though you'd be manually picking cleave and exotic weapon proficiency instead of getting them for free

you'd probably want to go fighter 11/wm 28/monk 1 in that order, even though you'd have to get exotic proficiency and cleave, you'd still get a better build by taking the monk level last since you'd have more BAB
and since kamas count as 2 weapons and it takes more spell slots to buff 2 weapons, you might just want to use a two-bladed sword instead and take a rogue level at 40 instead of a monk level, and depending on the subrace, if any, you might actually want to take a 12th fighter level instead of a rogue level

also note that any skill points not spent when you level up can be spent later, even stacking up until level 40; so you can take 39 levels in fighter/wm while only getting discipline and 4 points in intimidate, then take a rogue level at 40 and suddenly have 43 ranks in set/disable trap and open lock and 40 ranks in tumble

try right-clicking the quickbar slot you want to assign something to and picking the ability you want to put there

i mean getting monk weapon proficiency for free to use kamas with
and actually the 12 fighter/28 WM build is for dual-wielding weapon masters, but 11 fighter/28 WM/1 rogue is best suited for a 2h weapon master, as if you go dual-wield, you'll be losing out on either great strengths or epic weapon master levels

you could also be a ranger 32/wm 7/monk 1, but you'd lose out maybe all 6 great strengths and 2 favored enemies and +1 favored enemy damage

okay, thanks

I thought it only stacked up to your int bonus. Or was that just NWN 2?

Small issue:
Yesterday and today I began playing Netheria. I wanted to reset the character, since I put shitty stats across the board, so I decided to store everything on the "key chest" from the inventory, turn gold into credit from the bank npc, and store everything there. I already had a few things, mostly shards so I didn't delete them in accident. I deleted the character to get the xp into the bank, and it was my only character left.
Now, I finish up the fixed new character, and while the xp was all there, the chest is completely empty. As in not a single thing, nor the shards from before, nor the new stuff I just put in it.

Is everything lost forever?

I'll help you recover your stuff, just log in and tell me what you lost

It should have come with a program or something that gives you a unique key. I dont know exactly because I have a physical version of Diamond edition. When you have it, go to nwncdkey.ini and change the keys that are in there to the unique keys that you got.

Go to NWN on you GOG account page, click it, click on more, then click on activation keys.

wait, did I just get banned?

Havent banned anybody

I made a couple of test characters. I assumed I was getting slayed? Made a new toon and got instakilled. Now I can't connect.

You deserve to be banned.

I dont know what your problem is exactly but keep trying to join. Whats your login name?

figured out your problem. You're using a subrace and the server has to kick you out to apply the changes when you first create a character with one.

maybe my connection issues were coincidental.

bump

This is why people go evil

muh immersion

For those that find opening a single ini file and changing 3 lines too difficult GOG included SerialTool.exe which does the same with a pretty GUI, it's in the main NWN directory

Adorable.

Man, after playing a lot 3.5 D&D and Pathfinder it's fun to revisit 3.0 ruleset for all the crazy stuff you could get away with is amusing. Like being able to stack enhancement bonuses for abilities, stacking keen and improved critical hit with a 15-20 x3 greatsword.

It's true. That's why you deployed your reaction images.

actually thatd be 15-20/x2, but 13-20/x3 if you're a level 6< weapon master

why do you want them to put out? are you some sort of animal almost like the islamic barbarians invading europe are?
no wonder you'd wanna be evil

you also get an extra skill point per int modifier, but not retroactively
so if you want your int to be higher at level 40 than it'll be at level 1, then either get your int that high at level 1 or get it that high as soon as possible, else you'll miss out on skill points
thats also in NWN2 i think

Yeah, forget to mention that the build I'm using is a weapon master.

and some even more crazy stuff you can get away with

make a fighter weapon master(rapier or scimitar) who is a halfling or gnome
you'd be using both hands to wield a single scimitar or rapier since you're small, which means that you add 1.5 times your strength modifier to damage dealt by your weapon, instead of 1 times your strength modifier, and since you're small you effectively get +1 to AC and attack bonus and +4 to hide checks

take a scimitar or rapier, which normally has 18-20/x2 critical chance, add keen to make it 15-20/x2, then add improved critical to make it 12-20/x2, then add 5 weapon master levels to make it 12-20/x3, then add 2 more weapon master levels to make that scimitar or rapier have 10-20/x3 critical

10-20/x3 critical is already crazy; its effectively a 55% chance on each attack, barring missing, to get a critical strike

then at an epic level you pick overwhelming critical, adding (critmult-1)d6 damage to every critical strike, in this case 2d6 since you're a weapon master, stacking with the massive criticals item property, then at another epic level, you pick devastating critical, which causes the enemy to have to make a fortitude save of 10+(your HD/2)+your strength modifier or die, ignoring death magic immunity, every time you critically strike the enemy; so a level 40 halfling with max strength, great strength VI, and +12 strength from gear would cause have a DC of 47 on their devastating criticals, and a half-orc would have a DC of 49 on theirs
though fortunately devastating critical is banned on very many multiplayer servers

a medium-sized race weapon master could have a 16-20/x5 scythe instead if you'd wanted, who would have 4d6 added to their critical hits from overwhelming critical

you could also instead make a guy who stacks the great smiting feat
great smiting adds 2 times your characters relevant smiting levels(paladin levels added to CoT(aka divine champion) levels for the feat), and you can take the feat a maximum of 10 times, though you probably wont be able to take it that many times
now imagine if a level 30 paladin/10 CoT crit with an ordinary scythe with smite evil with great smiting VII and 26 strength
he would do roll 2d4+12+320 4 times against the same enemy for one attack, for a maximum of 1360 piercing-slashing damage in a single attack
too bad he can only do that 3 times a day with the extra smiting feat though

oh, and great smiting requires at least 25 charisma to get too

Netheria adds subrace shenanigans and insane equiment on top of it.

Thanks guys, just done it now

Had worked the previous time I had gone online but at least now I understand why couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread either tbh fam

I made the Dark Sun Online mod.

Probably still have a copy floating around somewhere if there is any interest.

Is it still free? I don't have a GoG account.

I had an actual NWN Diamond Edition disk, but fuck if I know where it's gotten to.

Nope, its $4 now on GoG

bump
i would like it if there'd be more people playing multiplayer NWN1
and the server I play on had people playing at times other than 5:00-9:00
nwnlist.com/

If you're not play ravenloft you're a casual and quite possibly a cuckold.

we're reaching new heights

or maybe you just don't like RP servers

1/3 of the way

is this like showing up for a D&D session? That sounds like fun, but how does it work?

wat do you do against undead and things immune to crits

uses dnd rules, combat is real time but in rounds,party system etc

you mean D&D. It's an RPg, mate.

Honestly if you're not somewhat familiar with dnd 2/3/3.5 then you're probably not going to have a good time with NWN unless you play some single player first.

fucker even ate a charged Greater Ruin like it was nothing

Does anyone know a way to get the non-Kingmaker Premium Modules to work? I want to try Infinite Dungeons.

only if there are active GMs on the server to lead the session

my original install had infinite dungeons, i deleted it to install the new GoG one because the critical 1.69 patch couldn't detect my directory. Checking it now it's not present :( where can I get it to try?

I lagged hard when you did that

Thanks for the magic lecture btw. Very informative. Time to try my hand at sorcery.

goodnight anons

Dunno if you're still around, but you can get the premiums from this magnet:

4A12D2F397F6D0D96C2F26024B97EA740FF1714F

Since the Kingmaker installer has DRM-free versions of three of the premiums, it might be possible to convert the others if someone has them activated.

what?

Apparently Neverwinter Vault has them as well. I think you have to use NWNCX to activate them or something along those lines.

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/bioware-premium-modules

And this should solve the authentication issue for everyone who wants to play the modules.

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/premium-module-offline-authenticator-generator

against critimmune enemies you just dont do as much damage then
if you really want to hit them hard, then be a 35 ranger 4 fighter 1 rogue/monk, monk only if you'd use kamas

bump

Anyone playing on a PW?

Besides Netheria I mean. Something more on the RP side.

I'm always in ravenloft, but p sure I'm the only one from here.

IMP BULLYING INTENSIFIES

Holy shit.

T-this doesn't actually happen, r-right?
What if you get a good lawyer to write it up and make it ironclad?

11/20 people in Netheria, come join the chaos and break the server's lifetime record of 12/20

wut

Wrong thread brah but if you're talking about pre-nups they're not legally binding and judges can toss the out at their own discretion.

its ok. its cute but technical skills naaaah

Holy shit. This is good. I'm going to install up once I get some sleep done. Might even put up a server for this. Hopefully this hype lasts for a while. I know a few friends that have made some really big and fun modules back in the days. Those might get a good dust off.

if you're talking about mutracker, I'm pretty sure that's long dead

This version was actually quite accurate, you could put units in formations like wedges and it would make quite a difference

everything is way to clean.

You have weird expectations, OP. Educate yourself.

They kind of did. It was years ago though, I think they called it Sonar the Hedgehog, or something sound-related like that.

I got the game and have been running through as as Wizard(4)/Pale Master(3) with two creatures captured and just getting into Meldanin's house (or however you spell his name), and I have to ask is Pale Master worth it? I'm probably going put another point in Pale Master just so I get a summon that's quiet but My 4th level in Wizard game me access to some AOE spells I was wanting for a while and there's still more. Also want to point out I'm having trouble being evil to keep using Pale Master stuff, I don't like feeling compelled to go out of my way to be a dick. And the game seems to shower you with good points, but is kinda light on the evil so it's hard to even be neutral.

Can you believe the guy who made the music for this game also made oblivions music? You really hear it at 26:00

explain how its possible then

silver linings and all that

I used to listen to it on a cd player and play a bunch of GBA games. So I feel ya.

Let it Die

Steam version on PC with a controller.

nani is there anyone hosting?

Am I mistaking it for building NPCs in the editor or can I do this and just forgot how?

It's in that mod that lets you customize your character client side.

It's on the Nexus.

I have a really dumb question, how do you refresh all your daily abilities? Does it happen automatically or is there somewhere I can rest?

I was going to make a thread for this but since this is NWN thread it can do I suppose. Have any of you ever played this mod? Baldur's Gate Reloaded, supposed to be BG on NWN 2's engine, is it any good?

Never played it.

Is it worth DLong and installing all this shit just to play with you niggers?

If you like rerolling characters and making fun builds, yes. If not, yes.

I can't remember, it's either Z or R to rest. Normally you can do it anywhere.

bump
id like it if more people would play multiplayer, especially on other servers

Yeah, last one I played was Pokemon SuMo.
Had a lot of fun.

Found old stuff

Got any recommended servers, then?

DaSbabbies will have a hard time because of all those multiple enemy encounters.

Why are the games with job systems (III, V,) the coziest (well, almost in III's case)?
Also mandatory:
tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_III_(Nintendo_DS)/Unused_Text

fuck u god of war was the shit

is this the bot spam?

try one of the servers listed here:

i don't recommend all of them though, but i also don't want any of the servers to turn into Holla Forums

Pretty sure SFV had it beat. Especially when you account for espn views.

bump, the server is far from dead

Is it werid that peach,daisy and rosalina in the track suits swaying their hips back and forth before the race begins gives me a boner?

See, called it when I said you had to have a phd in knowing how to buy from G2A before buying anything there.

If you have to follow some specific ruleset or guide so that you don't get fucking defrauded out of hundreds of dollars, you really ought to reconsider your fucking priorities of where you buy shit. How many hundreds / thousands of people got fucked over because they didn't use a prepaid card etc.

I'm convinced these threads are started by some asshat who does marketing for G2A.

You know what happens when I buy a game from GoG.com?
I get my fucking game
I don't get defrauded

You know what happens when I torrent my game?
I get my fucking game
I don't get defrauded

You know what happens when I try to buy a game "legit" from G2A?
I either carefully follow a bunch of rules hoping that nothing has recently changed in how this works
Or I get fucking defrauded for hundreds of dollars
AND there's a chance the key I bought gets fucking revoked ANYWAYS

Anyone buying from grey market sites is playing with fire, and I'll be sure to remind and warn others so they don't get fucked the way I almost did.

I don't think you know who that team is. Also, it's not popular or fondly remembered.

ff9 is cozy and warm in a world of VII's VIII's XV's etc. A good FF minus the tryhard edge.

I enjoy most games because I prefer not to play shit.

Fucking Jimmy.

Hoping the first episode of VII remake comes out next year

I doubt it, I find these settings to be perfect for when emulating the Ace Combat games.

Considering devs intended game to be played on Furier difficulty, might be one of the reason they are there in the first place

Yu can't handle it

After the recent tone nerfs they are less bullshit and you can use other titans, which is a nice fucking change

My favorite game is Pokemon XD.

I must be blind then cause you were he first to die with one kill While I had 4?

Reminder to report and filter all (((1)))s.

On second thought, report everyone who doesn't have a matching subject line for the thread. Some bots are getting (2) or higher in a thread.

you know it scams your account right?

At the least Ranger isn't a shit class.
Unlike Monk.

go back to your containment nep threads

bumpus maximus

WeW

how do you ERP?

Where the fuck are all these non-NWN posts coming from?

probably that one spammer
maybe hes doing his spam manually now

i mean semi-manually; filling in the capatchas for the bots for all I know

Its safe to log back in, Siolad

bumpo

Server died

Server is back online, 1 hour until reset

I've never really properly played the game before, and I'm not very experienced in this type of game in general. Can someone give me a crash course for it or something?

Game is based on D&D and therefore there's a ton of shit in this game, it's hard to give a guide for it. Just play the game, ask if you have any questions or better look it up on the NWN wiki first.

I'm more just looking for how to get set up and everything. I can probably figure out the game from there.

You gotta do a bunch of stuff.

1. Pirate/buy
2. Get fresh CD keys
3. Install base game
4. Install 1.69 critical rebuild patch
5. Install CEP 1 Complete, CEP 2.60, and the CEP 2.61 update
6. Install CMP, CSP, CTP, and PRC
7. Install Community Patch 1.71
9. Install NWNCX
10. Paste CD keys into the keys file
11. Use NWNCX Loader to launch the game
12. (optional) Install Kingmaker pack, the other premium modules found here and use the authenticator to enable them here

dude what

all you have to do is steps 1-4 plus 10 and get CEP 2.6 if you plan on playing with us in Netheria. You don't even need CEP 1. I dont even know what CMP, CSP, and CTP are.

Also, you can find most of the files you need on this page: neverwinternights.info/players.htm

this

Everything I've seen indicates that CEP 2 is not backwards compatible with CEP 1, so modules made with CEP 1 are going to have problems. CMP (music), CSP (skyboxes), and CTP (tilesets) are for builders. The 1.71 patch has a shitload of bug and rule fixes, and NWNCX lets you browse servers again.

melee fighting classes, including rogues, are typically just click the enemy you want to attack, click the combat mode you want, if any, and spam combat abilities such as improved knockdown and called shot to use them once per round

(arcane) archers attack from range, but suck in vanilla; theres a 10 rogue/1 wizard/29 arcane archer build thats less bad since they get 5d6 sneak attack and epic level rogue skills, but they have to be pretty close to get sneak attacks from range
if you're playing a ranged physical projectile build that isn't an arcane archer, you're gonna suck, barring maybe some weird changes that might exist on a server or two

casters who aren't bards or sorcs have to rearrange their spellbooks if they want to cast something else, and druids lose all of their bonus spell slots after the polymorph(meaning you can't cast the spells in those slots and have to rebook them to use the spell slots after the next time you rest), though at least they can cast owl's insight on themselves before polymorphing so they dont lose bonus spell slots from wisdom

bards and sorcerers never have to rebook their spells, as all of them are spontaneously casted
but they can only choose from so many spells
for example, a level 40 sorcerer can only ever choose up to 3 different level 6, 7, 8, and 9 spells to cast, when wizards get to choose from all of them

tanks just engage the opponents first and hope the enemies keep hitting them; theres no threat mechanic like in WoW, but if you don't do damage to the enemies at all, they might not keep hitting you if they could try hitting someone else

all of that is completely optional and mostly unnecessary. The only things I would even recommend out of all that are patch 1.71 and NWNCX (which I could never get to work, but if you can, then great). Also,

That's like ancient history, everyone and their mother has upgraded their modules to 2.x, its been out for ages.

Is anyone interested in joining me through the OC? I rolled a combat focused Cleric.

Alright, thanks.

Is it okay if the base installation of the game crashes on startup? I'm running Win7 and the exe files are set to WinXP compatibility.

You need the 1.69 critical rebuild patch.

Tried that, didn't fix anything. I saw that it was having problems on AMD cards, but I have nvidia. Disabling desktop composition and visual themes didn't help, either.

Are you running as an administrator?

Yep, and it isn't in program files, either. I can't figure it out.

Alright, figured it out. For some reason one launcher works but the other doesn't.

Anyone want to play a coop module? I hear Aielund Saga is pretty good.

server resets in a couple hours but its goodnight for me

I'd be up for it if anyone else wants to play.

bump

Why do melee attacks hit so much harder than ranged.

Playing arcane archer sucks

nice well thought out argument that doesn't make people think you're retarded

been playing cleric and getting my ass kicked constantly

i think cleric was a mistake

Critical gender theory has been around at least since the 60s, so it's not like it would be impossible.

The usage of she in some cases and a few vague stereotypical phrases about gender aren't really representative of the batshit insanity that is critical theory.

goodnight anons

new thread friday night would be a good idea

Im thinking about doing that since there's a lot more activity on the weekends. That's how I made the threads when I did this last year; it was called "Ne/v/erwinter Nights Weekends"

I just remember all my time playing NWN online the arcane archer was the go-to class for blowing shit up.

Anyone have any idea why the Customize Character Override mod suddenly doesn't work in part 2 of Aielund Saga? It worked fine in part 1 and in every other module I've played.

class balance is pretty dependent on what module you are playing. under vanilla rules clerics are OP as shit with Divine Power etc but going all caster cleric solo could be a bad time.

awesome, some non-chan people i know from when NWN was originally a thing are getting back into this as well.

usually this happens when the mod author added in some extra hakpacks in a later module, I'd check that. Some extra clothing or other character options are the likely culprit. Check to see if the author did a CEP compatible update is my advice.

Aielund Saga actually requires CEP by default, so it's already compatible with it. There are some minor differences in the hakpaks Part 1 and Part 2 use. Part 1 uses the Abyss tileset, and Part 2 doesn't. Part 2 uses a hak for some new placeable paintings, and Part 1 doesn't use that hak. So it looks like Part 2 doesn't have any more clothing or character options than Part 1 did.