What's up with Bioware and butt-ugly women?

What's up with Bioware and butt-ugly women?
Almost all of their female characters are so fucking horrendous, you'd rather romance the guys.
And yeah, why the fuck are the male characters so handsome with their perfect chiseled movie star faces?
Is everyone working at Bioware secretly a faggot?

Top two on the right look pretty good to me, they just have weird expressions there.

The reason is pretty obvious when you realize their target audience is romance hungry women and fag and they trust the big name IP to sell to the general core console market and "RPG" to sell to the icky nerd audience. Obviously this approach wasn't succesful for widening the audience while retaining the old one.

You new here or something ?
Unrealistic beauty standards blah blah blah. Even sera was only uglified somewhere after the initial reveal.

Well yeah, the only acceptable faces are on the two nig nogs
Josephine isnt that bad but Viv is just purebred african.

didnt they make a woman with a mustache too

BioWare is staffed by a bunch of women and their beta orbiters. The result is male characters made to appeal to those women, and horrid female characters that they won't feel threatened by.

Now that's not to say betas can't make a good game, I'm sure most people in the industry including the classic greats were betas, however, when you get women involved in the development process, bad things happen.

Why make ugly women and hot men when you can make both and appeal to both sexes?

Wasnt that one crazy redhead bitch who claimed she was "raped" on GTA 5 one of their writers?

See

Good looking women are threatening to women in romantic scenarios.

Fugg I meant top left

Because Bioware is SJW heavy

If you want women to buy it, it's not a good idea to have independent attractive women.
A lot of women are intimidated by independent attractive women. I suppose some men are too, but I'd say the numbers are more skewed towards women being more intimidated.

Is that an elaborate ruse?
Sera is a fucking abomination, Cassandra is cute at times but her tomboy act and weird facial expressions are a turn-off

Josephine isn't bad, her VA is also nice, Cassandra sometimes can be overlooked too. Both are romancable by male character, so i don't see a problem.

Also people never notice that they all have short hair because bioware can't program hair physics.

Western trash can't make attractive women. Especially amerifats.

tiptop kek

I can actually believe that. A faggot implies cockhungry OR carpetmuching and not the more progressive polyamourus bitentical landwhale. Essentially we've come to a sad stage where "straight" poofters, faggots and dykes are conservative.

You answered your own question.

If you play a bioware game, consider suicide or shooting up their office. Thanks.

Why even live?

the worse kind of tomboy
her head is shaped like a minecraft character and it looks like she's pushing out a turd out of her ass 24/7 and making grunting noises
They fucked up tomboy

Just the SJWs.

Many butt ugly women play Bioware games. They are the beta and omega females who are fucking ugly, hate men for the same reason beta males hate women, love to read man on man fantasy. Bioware knows their market, knows that men will tolerate marginally ugly women, because most men will fuck anything, and they also know that ugly women play their games for the romance options (but hate the rest of the gameplay) and so these character models are for them to not feel so bad about being fucking ugly because that's all they value in themselves in truth and what they hate most about themselves.

why doesn't bioware just make VNs then?

all redditors

lol

oh wait i figured it out

because it'd portray ugly women getting top-of-the-mountain men and make them look like losers to other women

they want to disguise it as a video game so that that doesn't happen

Because male core audience is still much larger.

Men take men better than themselves as an example
Women take women better than themselves with envy
Dudes will play a game with good looking guys and not give a shit while a woman will look at a pretty woman and see it as competition then try to take the pedestal. With feminists who are normally morbidly obese hamplanets with shitty genes it boils down to that fucking elf on the top left

Get a higher standard, my fellow stalker

Morrigan was kind of hot. And that one temptation demon in the fade. Otherwise everyone looks butt ugly everywhere.

Cassandra was pretty good in DA2, but in 3 they gave her oily skin and fucked up cheekbones.
Morrigan also got the cheekbones in inquisition, so did Leliana.

did pigface even play the game?

there are no women in bioware games

only trans

I'm assuming that's a rhetorical question.

They've never seen a real woman.

it's because they hate women!

It's art imitating life.

All the people who work at modern Bioware are women, and as we all know, women hate women that look prettier than them so they compensate by making all women in their games look like a donkey's asshole run through a compressor and upscaled to 1080p. And since they're women they will make the men look like chiseled hansy boys so they can schlick themselves to it all day after they get their paychecks from EA.

No, the artist just went from a state of pretending to a state of actually being retarded on purpose.

Because their writing staff is made up of fat feminists and cucks? Do you really need to ask?

Well SJW infiltrated the HR and Marketing departments so that their tastes are the only ones that get a podium in AAA eyes, so we're shit out of luck there until they drive away audiences enough that they all start getting investigated and blacklisted for effective corporate sabotage.

Because when women see another woman more attractive than them, they tend to feel jealous and try to bring that woman down in some way. They feel "threatened" by a more powerful and influential woman.

When a man sees another man more attractive than him, he tends to feel jealous and pushes himself to reach the same level as that man. He is driven to surpass the the more powerful and influential man. It's that, or fall by the wayside.

The female SJW devs want to make female characters uglier than them so that they seem more attractive than their fictional competition. The male SJW devs do the same to appease the SJW females. They have no such complex about males, so they freely make them however attractive they want.

tl;dr women try to drag down the competition, men try to surpass the competition.

I love this writing on top of your body.
It is ultimate forcing it in your face without actually bothering to convince you or worrying how it will affect you. They do it not because it will work but because they want it to work.
Or rather believe it works, to think such people would go to church together with me 200 years ago.

But I digress lets talk why Bioware faggotry is bad.

Marxism is one hell of a drug.

When you need no man and can spend all day in front of a screen shitposting about the patriarchy you're obviously going to gain a few pounds.

The third one is pretty scary. It's straight out of a corruption doujin.

pretty sure that first one is a dude.

just fuck my shit up

And now I am sad first one looked actually cute.
She didn't even gained weight, she literally made decision to destroy everything about her.

This is why you should /fit/ once in a while.

This thought makes me happier.

Fortunately it's curable

I'd much rather fuck these.

It's bad for several reasons.

1. Pandering to men is not the same as pandering to women. Let's be frank, every entertainment product out there, no matter how artistic, is pandering to a specific demographic. You can't make a female character that simultaneously pleases a male and female audience because they both want different things.

Women want a female character they can project themselves onto. This usually means that the female will have minimal characterization, nondescript face, brown hair, brown eyes, average body with no outstanding proportions and will be the center of attention of attractive men in the story. All other women in the narrative will be either evil (if good looking) or nonthreatening to the female character in terms of their femininity.

Men on the other hand want the women to be attractive with distinct personalities and quirks, usually displayed through (gap) moe. They're basically looking for one of the various archetypes on the ideal female they can project their sexual/romantic fantasies onto. You can never combine these two aspects because the female ideal of men is seen as threatening by women.

2. They pander to the wrong crowd. Leftist don't buy games, women don't buy games, faggots are an insignificant minority in every regard. And what's worse, not only do they focus their pandering towards the wrong crowd, they actively alienate their primary (and largest) consumer group.

Now, this is their prerogative, but BioWare always does things halfway and wants the cake and to eat it too, so they attempt to hide the pozz and present their games as these action packed "RPGs" with epic stories and interesting characters to attract a male crowd.

Frankly, they'd be better off going the Telltale route and making interactive movies/visual novels.

Every time.

OH GOD MODS SPOILER THAT SHIT

She ended up looking like a crack addict.

She cleans up nicely, but God knows what the real psychological damage is from years of leftist brainwashing.

Also, you have to wonder what kind of diseases she ended up catching and fermenting in her vagina during her die cis scum days. Remember user, you don't date crazy, even if crazy tries to pretend it's not batshit anymore.

Did he die?

I seriously hope you aren't suggesting miscegenation, instead.

A downgrade is a downgrade.

I doubt they can model attractive female even if they wanted to when the studio is one big after-college-first job

We'll never know, because they will never actually try.

Oh my god, what's wrong with your faaaaaaaace?

How can they look at the animation and think it conveys the appropriate emotions?

It's actually an improvement over Inquisition.

I still find it baffling that people spend money on this. Let alone be fans of it.

No, you go find one of the five non ruined white women left and turn them into baby factories.

Because Beautiful People don't exist according to Tumblr.

It's why anyone remotely attractive isn't a "REAL" woman or if you draw someone slim you've "OBVIOUSLY never met a real woman"

A real woman being Danny Devito in a wig with puckered lips apparently.

the game isnt THAT bad
The combat is decent, there's a lot of content to skim through and the story is acceptable

Outside the bad design choices and poor animation quality at times, it's still worth to play through at least once. Not as good as Origins but still

*poor animation quality during cutscenes, the animations during gameplay are actually bretty good

What the fuck. That can't seriously be the real name for the nu-asari shrek being, right?

For a BioWare game, which isn't saying much. Still, fair is fair, at least it's playable if the fact you can't really order your party tactically doesn't bother you.

A lot of MMO tier filler.

It's nonsensical and a complete farce. Even the subtitle of the game makes no fucking sense in context. The only reason they call it the Inquisition is because Templars was already taken.

It's really, really not, especially when there's so many other, better RPGs to chose from, especially ones that have come out in the past two years.

I've already played through every other "better RPG" so why not experience the shitty ones? :^)

A combination of contradictory beauty standards and faggotry.

you could waste your time with better things

Because you can still masturbate or pick up gardening, which is infinitely preferable to playing BioWare shit.

How does everyone not know feminazis are retarded yet?

Because there's so many better things to do, like learning to cook or watching paint dry or streaming a shitty game so we can watch and shitpost about it

Burn coal pay toll

Those eyes.

Truth. At least jog once in a while. Or at the very least don't overeat. It's not like they have a job, the fucking slobs.

That shit's dire. Went from okay (except from Sarkeesian) to destroyed in two years.

No.

/vomit

Did he die?

Someone post the white edit of the nigress.

Bioware games are glorified visual novels.

Let's not be insulting, visual novels have choices and consequences.

I told my brother this game was trash and he didn't believe me. So I told him that the writing and characters were genuinely terrible and that those are the major components of a good narrative-driven game. He called me a snob.

Cuz only women get buttblasted by everything

That's the bellow of a plebeian my dear user
my brothers called me the same thing when I explained that the new star wars was complete shit

Did either of you punch them in the throat?

And they're doing the same shit with andromeda, every human looks like a greased up abomination

They don't know how to use Frostbite engine.

Bioware is basically one of those 13-year-olds on DeviantART who only knows how to draw terrible pencil sketches of off-model InuYasha characters. It's their STYLE, Jeez! Don't bully!

Except this 13-year-old is told by a worldwide audience that their sketches are not only great, but breathtaking.

How?
Why do you enjoy that shit, especially when there's so much more to enjoy in older incarnations of the same franchise?
You can't just say "I like [contentious thing]" and not get deservedly shitposted to hell and back without explaining why you like said contentious thing.

Its pretty simple, isn't it OP?
Their target is this mythical 50% game playing demographic of females.
So you appeal to them. Make the men hot and the women ugly. Why do you want the women ugly? because most women run along the side of jealousy when they see anything prettier than them, even virtual things.
See, men and women just go along two different sins: Men generally have Pride as their big sin and women generally have Vanity.
Anyway, that's the strategy. You make romance novel type of games that are piss easy with lots of women-centered eye candy. You can't make a female that is generic in a visual medium like you can with a book so you have to make them ugly so that the women can either self-identify (as if) or better yet self-insert as the superior specimen.
Yeah it sounds shitty but that's how power fantasies work.

The problem is, just like the unemployment numbers, mass shooter numbers, rape statistics, and other bullshitā€¦that 50% female game playing demographic is being borrowed largely from the segment of the population that plays shit like Candy Crush on their phones while they take a dump.

Sooooooā€¦there ya go.
It could also be a whole lot of the art department actually IS made up of females, extremely straight females and thus those women would have trouble making an attractive female. Its easier to cook to your own tastes than to cook for another's, you know what I mean?

as a friend of mine once said "Sexy recognizes Sexy".
In other words, only chicks that are insecure about their own looks become hateful towards others.
But damn are there a whole lot of insecure chicks.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that sees similarities to Donte.

Postan from phone so I can't into weebm

wow she looks so much better now

I think there's some truth to this. Samus Aran still has a chunk of female fans. Even Bayonetta has some.

I think you have to have mental damage to feel threatened by a fictional character.

To put it simplyā€¦
Men see the mountain and want to climb it to the top
Women see the mountain, declare the mountain bullshit, declare themselves the new mountain, and go back to sitting on their ass.

Ask a guy what he thinks about James Bond, and ask a woman what she thinks about the Bond girls from the old films. And then you'll get the answer to why the new Bond films, as well as almost every movie from the new Star Wars on down feature flat frumpy mis-shapen plain female leads.

I bought inquisition on release and played it for 150 hours (just one single playthrough doing all the mmo filler stuff) It's honestly not that bad. Cassandra and Josephine are not ugly at all. Really the only ugly girl was the autistic elf but I ignored her most of the time anyway.
the story was a real letdown though, the first two games were hinting at a final confrontation in the golden city specially the dragon age 2 DLC, but we never even got to see it up close. the story felt rushed and unplanned except for the time travel sequence

Sometimes I think the main reason Bioware went full feminist/SJW was to compensate for how shit their character modelers are.

Bethesda solved that problem by ignoring it

I will say that Fallout 4 was at least a little less awful than usual

At least somebody knew what a cute girl looked like when Liara was modeled for Mass Effect 1. Hell even her mom was appealing for someone clearly supposed to be and modeled to be an older lady. Samanjaw shows that around 2 is when everything fucked up.

Because to mindless SJWs ugly women are actually extremely beautiful and beautiful women must be put to death for fat/trans/race/ableist/ageist shaming.

This is what a cuck looks like.

they hired her recently to be a writer

I think it was more like Bethesda just said "screw it, let the fans fix it".

I agree, if you're not a feminist, SJW or fujoshi, you're not going to like modern Bioware games.

Really don't know why you expected otherwise.

Being gay doesn't mean you don't know what an attractive female looks like. It's the SOCJUS that does that, because attractive women hurt the feelings of tumblr landwhales

I'd expect a gay man to be even more capable of recognizing when a girl looks like trash, because his dick doesn't get in the way.

Why would a faggot not know what's disgusting and what's quite beautiful? That's not the reason, it's the (((femishit agenda))) they have been pushing for years now.

Besides, I don't even buy the theory that girls rather have females not portrayed as beautiful in games. No, the only ones who "like" it are the SJW's and they don't like it because they would like playing as them. They like it because we men fucking hate it and it fits their agenda.

What sucks is we still have drones who buy games because they're made by certain companies, not because they're good. And almost every AAA game gets a glowing review that was in no way paid for with part of their obscene marketing budgets. So people who say "this is shit, I'm not going to pay for it" are drowned out by the media and people who shill for free because "it's the new Bethesda/Bioware/Ubisoft/Squeenix game"

They're sjw's. That's their idea of attractive.

Men don't matter no need to change the status quo on their modelling

Not so secretly, user.

I'd imagine a good chunk are secretly straight.

this one was ok

You're secretly straight.

Is that Totalbiscuit?

I miss icewind dale art

TotalBelushi

It's real.

Actually that transgender elf looks very realistic.

If we make video game females look like grotesque transgenders then we will be able to cross the uncanny valley.

nah, this is

that pic is a trash meme and needs to die

Are you a goddamn A. Wyatt Mann cartoon come to life?

It baffles me that any developer still has trouble with hair physics. Fucking Bloodrayne on PS2 had hair physics.

he's white, mate

Its the expectation of the fidelity of the hair.
In truth, people really don't seem to care all that much but I suppose when they see more definition in the hair follicles they want to see it move more independently.

The first Tomb Raider remake had remarkable hair physicsā€¦that if you enabled them (it was a separate setting!) would bog down your game like crazy unless you had a very beefy rig.

Look, I don't mind bioware or anyone else unable to animate hair realistically and make it look good with the realistic graphical style they're going for.
I do mind when they can't seem to get ANIMATIONS correct..which don't rely on a physics engine and are pre-made.

What game? Inquisition has at least one hetero route

Don't forget about the balance. I don't know if they fixed it at any point but at least to begin with the ONLY valid damage-dealer was a dagger-rogue. If you made your warrior anything but a tank or a mage anything but a support, or used a bow rogue you were in for a pretty bad time, especially on harder difficulties. That's where the whole "enemies are damage sponges" complaint came from, people didn't know how that there was only one viable character.

It's pretty obvious WHY the dagger-rogue does damage when you look at the stats. High base damage and attack speed as class features, crit and crit damage as the primary stats on gear both in raw and attribute form. Basically a built in trifecta when any other class was lucky to have one of the three.

Read the second sentence: "every female in the game is a tranny". It's more of a complaint about the character design than the romance options.

a better question would be why did they feel compelled to stop making nice looking females? i mean, i know the reason but why would they actually go through with it?

what did she look like originally?

Cassandra was kind of cute in DA2 but she got trannyfied in DA3.

I am not nationalist, i can racemix whoever i want. All white women are whores.

Lesbians make the choice to get married
Lesbians make the choice to have a kid
Lesbians make the choice to have divorce
Court system still finds a man somewhere in that story to screw over, and forces him to pay child support, because when two adult women make decisions, it's unfair to make them accountable for their actions.

sounds like a problem with the court system

where has this happened?

There must be one animator left from Old Bioware, that is making shitty animations on purpose, so that the company will finally die.

there is no one left.
also seems his trend is going into other games too

What other games?

your favorite games

But I hate all games.

The manjaw effect.

Promotes androgyny and blurs the lines between men and women. All part of the sick and twisted Jew plan.

Good taste.

ecks dee

MEANWHILE IN GLORIOUS SLAVLAND EVERY WOMAN MAKES MY DICK DIAMONDS
Seriously how hard can it be to make a pretty woman's face. I wouldn't even say Shani looks like a supermodel, but there is something about her. Does bioware have no sense of aesthetic?

BioWare's gone so far to the Left they've fallen off the planet. My guess would be that they intentionally refuse to hire any modelers or designers who can, or want to, create female characters with classical beauty. That would be sexist, after all.

its funny since cdpr had a tranny as lead animator and also has 1 cross dresser and 1 tranny in-game

I surprised no one's mentioned the all look like they are coated in oil unlike these where with older tech they don't have that weird oil shine sheen to them.

Makes sense. Only men do good work but you need one who has studied the finer points of how women walk.

heh

What's up with Hollywood and butt-ugly women?

Americans are the ugliest people in the world, that's why.

that's just what female Jews look like

You must be joking they can't even make good looking blacks.

You will die with the rest.

No, he is tranny. In new videos he have tits and change name.

it's oppression when women are sexually attractive and/or when men are not sexually attractive (because that's creepy)

I thought Poland had stopped the Cultural Marxism rape train. Didn't they defund their diversity shill center or whatever it was?

I sure hope they don't use 2077 to bring out the pozz.

I can't think of a single jewish woman I'd fuckā€¦

You'll probably be interested in this, user:
>>>/n/488576

There's hope for Poland yet.

Hollywood standards for female beauty have really gone down the shitter in the past three decades.

God bless you Poland.

cyberpunk and transhumanism is actually the perfect instance to start exploring the pozz

It's when you start getting really creepy shit like actual furries, grown men inhabiting the bodies of loli's, people hatefucking each other literally to death only for their memories to be reinstated into new bodies, people copying themselves multiple times over so there's hundreds of themselves running around, government torture rooms where they just take a flash image of your brain and recreate your copy in a simulated torture room and torture your copy as long as they want doing anything they want while the real you is non the wiser, programmed mind control commands in your cybernetic implants that take control of your body even if you're already dead, vicious bioterror weapons that turn you into nanosoup and crystals, distributed hive-minds using the brains of hundreds or thousands of people, rampant AI's that command robots to steal brain copies of random people so they can do who-knows-what experiments with them, people who've turned themselves into literal walking dicks or similar stupid jewish artsy bullshit, fully realistic VR simulations linked to your senses so you can neurologically experience what it's like to be a maggot crawling through and eating diseased meat - or be eaten,

I mean, you think SJW's today are degenerate?

The shit you can start doing when your mind and body are mutable and in your power (and others) to control and change challenges the very heights of degeneracy you think you've seen today.

Nothing changes being a thot. You learn to recognize it.

who punched Adachi?

Don't forget race riots, ethnic gangs, massive, citywide slums, and all the shit that comes when multiculturalism has had time to infest a place long enough.

But yes, no one really tries to explore just how fucked up a cyberpunk setting would get, especially with the left/liberal attitudes that would be pervasive, weak governments and rampant consumerism. The most you got was Molly and her stint as a braindead fuckdoll or that one girl in GitS where any of the agents that tried to brainjack into her and see what she was up to got scarred for life because of whatever the rebels did to her.

Maybe even PSYCHO-PASS, depending on whether it's considered cyberpunk or not. That scene with the "animals" in season 2 was pretty fucking memorable.

I'd say Dojima.

Origins's actual combat SYSTEM was unplayable for non mages until the DLC changed the whole thing from the ground up.

I remember playing the DLC for the first time right after base game and holy shit it was like being able to walk for the very first time. My warrior was actually capable of using his sword to do damage and I didn't have to pack a hyper specific party loadout just to be viable.

How good the origins DLC was just highlights how fucking BAD the series got since then. Anders used to be an actually likable character. Justice used to be cool. Characters had solid arcs even in one tenth the play time. Having them mention Kirkwall in the DLC makes me excited until I remember how DA2 actually plays.

It's actually baffling. I can understand why they did a lot of what they did with DA2, even if I didn't like a bunch of it and it didn't go over well I can still kind of get what they were going for. But the actual gameplay itself was a clear step down from what they were making just a few months before.

Suicide by Angry Mob: user's Guide to Inciting Murder in 20 Words or Less.

You can forgive much in a cRPG if the writing and reactivity are up to par. This is where BioWare consistently fails. They're a relic of a past age, while the genre has moved on. While they were still making cookie-cutter "ancient evil awakens" stories CDPR had released the first Witcher, taking place in a morally grey medieval world where you weren't the chosen one out to save the world, and choices actually had a delayed effect, Obsidian had made KOTOR II (exploring the philosophy behind much of the SW setting), Alpha Protocol (with incredible reactivity and non-linearity) and New Vegas (which, again, put the player in a world where there were no clearly good or evil choices for the most time).

Instead of taking note of these developments BioWare decided to go for the edgy to appear mature, since their understanding of what makes a game mature is profanity, nudity and gore. After that didn't pan out all that well they then attempted to promote a social agenda, trying to market themselves as political visionaries in vidya tackling "important" current issues.

From what we can gather this metastasized into the work environment deteriorating into a Marxist gulag where different opinions were not tolerated, which drove away a large number of the more talented individuals. BioWare then replaced those with personnel chosen based on their ideological leanings, not talent, and that's how we come to modern BioWare, a clown car of idiots that think making female characters ugly and shoving faggots, trannies and niggers into their stories is what good storytelling is all about.

I'd say it's the reverse. Bioware made Jade Empire, which was a faster paced asian martial arts RPG and I'd put it as if not their best game then an easy second above KOTOR. Jade Empire proved that Bioware could at least TRY to do all those things and still do them decent, if lacking in a couple of areas.

Dragon Age was essentially a deliberate step backwards. It made sense at the time, obviously. You want a good solid series with mass appeal to keep the money coming in. But then Mass Effect got harshly downgraded(Tali and Garrus romances stripped from the first game, combat system revamped entirely, half the designs and quests gone). Then they got bought out by EA and most of the people that made Bioware actually good left.

I would say though for the record that Obsidian and CDPR probably didn't affect Bioware THAT MUCH. KOTOR 2 has a mixed reputation due to crazy bugs that took years of fan mods to fix and Obsidian was essentially a bunch of nobodies that couldn't make a successful new IP to save their lives. CDPR wasn't much better since they weren't on the larger market's radars until well after Witcher 2 came out and was proven to be fucking amazing as it was.

Bioware's downfall ultimately rests on Bioware. They're the ones who were hemorrhaging talent for years and they were the ones who made things as they were. Even the people that are poster boys for ruining the company were there doing at least mediocre and ok work before this point. Gaider is one of their older guys who had good titles under his belt and Hepler's work in Origins is actually considered some of the best in the game even on Holla Forums and people are usually shocked when they connect the two things.

On the flip side you could probably say the bad was always there, but just not with those people by the same token. Juhani the angry lesbian is probably everyone's least favorite KOTOR party member.

The combat in Jade Empire and atrocious, and their "move away" from binary morality that they touted so much before the release of the game turned out to be a gigantic wet fart. Open hand was still the good option and Closed Fist was still the evil option. You still played Chink Jesus or Schoolyard Asshole. Then they tried the same shit again with Paragon and Renegade in ME, and it's still the same shit.

BioWare seems to think that if they change the names of the good and evil extremes on the morality scale it magically stops being a binary morality system.

That's the problem though. The genre moved on but BioWare didn't. While other developers were releasing games that weren't about cookie cutter chosen ones and ancient evils they were still firmly stuck in the Baldur's Gate days. BioWare failed to innovate and step out of the niche they created for themselves.

It's not that Obsidian or CDPR directly challenged BioWare's then dominant position, but that they set a new standard for cRPGs that BioWare failed to live up to.

The failures of Gayder and the Hamburgers are down to management. No one denies that they have some semblance of talent, but the problem is that the people in charge didn't put a stop to their more moronic ideas, nor did they coach them (but especially Hepler) on what she could and could not say as a public persona. It doesn't help that they shifted the focus of their pandering away from the core male, heterosexual demographic towards fujo bait, especially in regards to romances.

I said they TRIED, not that it worked. Yes, Jade Empires morality system is ultimately stupid and it's combat is kind of a mess, but an attempt was made. But if nothing else they played with shit like focus being used for multiple things and multiple styles. It could feasibly have been improved on in a later game that never materialized because literally everyone involved quit in disgust after EA came along.

But I would say that management is a big issue. Speaking AS an artist about artists the average artist isn't a special auteur snowflake who must be preserved. They're a contracted professional who needs to be held to deadlines and standards and reminded that they're building a product.

Like I have no problem with Bioware if they decide they want to make fujo bait. But they should stop beating around the bush and say it and try to make good fujo bait and market it to lonely smelly women. What they do now is half ass it and that leaves nobody happy.

Jade Empire really would have played better if they had made it a brawler first and an RPG second. Yakuza is what I'd have tried to emulate if I had been in their place, but I guess animating something like that was well above their capabilities I suspect.

I think the biggest problem is that there doesn't seem to be any single person at the company that is in charge of a vision. One reason why DA:I is so shit is that it's obvious that voice actors, environment designers, writers, etc. didn't seem to be working together towards a common goal. They all had a general idea of what they were trying to make, location to location, but the particulars seems to have never been ironed out between the various branches.

I completely agree, but it's not just them that are guilty of shit like this. I can respect Zoey and her shit non-game insofar as she made it clear from the get go who her audience was supposed to be.

On the other hand hacks like BioWare or Harebrained Schemes try their hardest to hide the pozz and simultaneously court both the heterosexual, white, male demographic and the tumblr rejects. If they want to make a game in accordance to Cultural Marxist dogma then they should do just that, and make it clear they're doing it and it's not a game for me.

Jade Empire really was just good vs evil full retard. The only thing it has going for it story wise is that it doesn't have an ancient evil, instead the primary antagonist and his faction avoids the backlash of their bullshit entirely while you, if good, fix everything. The basic premise of some warlords fucked up because they wanted to avoid the consequences of losing the mandate of heaven and that fuck up caused their empire to turn into an even greater shit hole is interesting, there are ways to do that with grey morality.

No she didn't. She tried to use Robin William's suicide as a way to spread the "game" around for "awareness about depression."

It sure is. Too bad neither you nor the twits you make fun of know fuck all about it.

I read in one article that apparently one's of the biggest praise someone can get in Bioware during work is "Oh yeah, this is what the Witcher 3 would do!". I don't know how much true it is, but we saw a clone of witcher sense in the new trailer and I kinda wonder how much of a impact the witcher quick fight style has on fights in Andromeda.

Wow you posted an image with a quote I sure bed you're not a holier-than-thou fedoracore retard at all!

What's stopping you from learning what Marxism actually is? Are you afraid that you might agree with it user?

Not marriage material tbqh
I need that cute round face
Very much like pic related but blond and rounder chin

Every single time, you faggots stick out like a sore thumb

Underrated post.

Dunno about the combat, but I've heard from several normalfags that we now live in a "post-Witcher 3 world" or whatever. Faggy as the statement might be, it does ring true for them, since this is the first cRPG that was commercially successful since the 90s that really raised the stakes in terms of storytelling, presentation and writing in general.

I suspect Bethesda and BioWare (but especially BioWare) will find it much easier to get away with their cartoonish narratives now than they did before. Bethesda at least still has the somewhat unique gameplay and modding, but BioWare usually tends to bet on their storytelling and waifu baiting to attract the male demographic.

from Tomasz to Tamara

Butt ugly everything.
Can't animate anything at all without making it look like ray harryhausen. Ray Harryhausen was awesome in his day but CMON ITS 2016

Second one is obvious bait user, you're too easily rused

The costumes in DA:I deserve special mention though. For a company that takes pride in how many cunts and faggots it hires they sure have a shit fashion sense.

Even CDPR managed to be more /fa/ than BioWare. At least the armors in ME4 don't look that shit, but then again how hard can it be not to fuck up futuristic armor?

I'm afraid to ask, but who's pic 3 and what happened to her?

There are so many SJW's in there that they forgot about the real game designers.

they dont even care about real game designers
they just wanna look good to liberals

Scarlet is attractive, but she has had a nose job. Especially in the 80s almost every Jewish woman who acted did this.

I don't think the face is bad, it looks okay, The problem is when you put that face in motion, then it looks like a mannekin

Read or listen to Twenty First Voyage from "The Star Diaries" by Stanislav Lem. He wrote that in the year 1957. Hard to believe.

You never read any cyberpunk did you?

Theatricality and deception

Third one is just awful, could easily be a meth poster

Does it have a name?

Funny how she had to delete everything and go off the grid not when she was a sjw cunt being "attacked" by all those soggyknees but after going normal and being harassed non-ironically by her fellow sjw

It's the corrupt, amoral corporations that hold rule the worlds of cyberpunk; not the governments.