What are some comfy Winter games to play when a blizzard snows you in?

What are some comfy Winter games to play when a blizzard snows you in?

Until Dawn

MGS and Lost Planet are the only snowy ones I can think of off the top of my head.
As for comfy games, platformers always do it for me.

Not really a good winter game, but a good winter theme.

Doesn't have really much to do with winter but whenever it's snowy/rainy/cloudy outside and I want to get comfy I start a playthrough of Mount & Blade.
If I feel extra lazy I'll just enlist in an army and wait for the fights to come to me while browsing Holla Forums.

None, since it doesn't snow where I live.

I feel so bad for you. Nothing better in life than wrapping up nice and tight, sipping from a hot drink, with a white wonderland outside your window and playing some games that make you happy.

Steep isn't the best snowboard game, but as a winter sandbox it hits the mark.

I always thought Metroid Prime's Phendrana Drifts area was pretty comfy and good to pay when it's cold

I also used to play Dawn of War: Dark Crusade a lot during wintertime. For some reason WH40k always struck me as a good setting for winter.

I like to open my windows, let the chilly in and fight tundra bandits up in Vaegir territory.

Horror games so you can have a laugh at the misfortunes of the characters under your blanket.

Skyrim is a shit game but damn it's comfy.

this
ive been playing a fuckton more horror games recently and its much more enjoyable being ma comfy while sebastian gets chased by a bunch of angry farm tool salesmen

Any adventure game.

Just put some ice in a blender

Pic related is pretty good for the walking simulator style horror game, has some real tense moments since you're a step away from freezing to death usually until you can find some shelter. I can't wait to watch all the bumper car bullshit this year because people can't into driving the one day it snows in the valley.

Do you have no mountains where you live? It snows just about everywhere there's enough elevation.

Icewind Dale

ffxiv

Pokemon Platinum is the perfect winter game. The whole Sinnoh region has a comfy winter theme, great music, great gameplay, and more.

Snow is very novel. Honestly its only good when you are a kid, otherwise its horrible.

Yakuza 1, 2, or 5

Cryostasis

Okami is maximum comfy.

OP was asking for comfy not a Sonny Bono Simulator. :^)

running time trials in initial d is pretty comfy

shmups are top tier comfy but i get vertigo if i play them for too long

Fucking this. There was a nor'easter some years ago, and I had to shovel my car out, clear my driveway, and drive to work through a foot of fucking slush. I think that same year my boss expected me to come into work the same day another nor'easter was about to hit, and I'm glad I fucking didn't, within hours I would have been stranded at my job and unable to drive home.
Getting old and having to put up with inconsiderate bosses fucking sucks.
I can't think of any comfy game to play during the winter, other than building a log cabin in a winter wonderland on autismcraft, or playing don't starve.

It didn't snow this year. Pretty fucking disappointed.
Didn't really see a thread relevant and didn't want to start my own so I'll post here. I just beat the 3rd colosus in SotC. Does it get harder than this? I heard it was a good game and I am liking it so far but holy shit this is piss easy. The only difficulty is actually being able to see the glowing spots through their unshorn locks.

Super Metroid
Fallout New Vegas
Rocket League

Donkey Kong Country

Yes, there's an uptick in difficult around colossus 5 or 6 iirc. there's a couple more challenging colossi peppered in but overall the difficult is pretty easy on normal. you unlock hard mode after first run-through, gives a good challenge. new sets of items to get via time trials also.

if you're feeling unchallenged, mea around some with the animals. climb a save temple and see if you can't grab an eagle

Nigger that was easy as fuck. You don't even have to hold on while it flies and if you fall off there's water to break your fall assuming, that is. I never actually fell.

I'm at 5 now.
I cut off the tail of a lizard and it made a sound when I picked it up. Did that expand my stamina?

i dont follow your logic. do you play fallout every time you get nuked?

I usually play Metroid during the winter season. Not really sure why but it seems really fitting. nothing like curling up in bed and playing Zero Mission or Super on a hacked PSP

yes, there's also fruit that increases max health, although you won't need that as much as you want stamina.

winter time is the only time i play harvest moon games.

are you lost?

MP1

youre only lost if you dont know how to get home

yeah but suicide is a sin

Old school runescape

Nothing like spending countless hours and or days, weeks, months or years grinding away for that sweet sweet skill cape

Hell yeah my dude
Holla Forumsscape is bretty gud :DDD

It's not like I miss living in the northern hemisphere where snow is a thing, or anything.
I'll probably have to spend most of my summer at the beach to cool off and genocide genestealer filth in Space Hulk if it's good.

Wrong. Snow is awesome, especially if you live innawoods. Makes the world quiet.

Crow isn't difficult, it's just got stressful cues. There's pretty much no way for it to actually kill you.

Worst colossus is drum turtle. That took forever to figure out.

i might get shunned for this but i do think winter map for unturned is pretty comfy when building a house in the bum fuck nowhere.

it's fun for a couple weeks then just a pain in the ass to trudge through it every day. And the salt fucking ruins your shoes

what games let me freeze and hopefully shatter bad guys?
i can think of ice beams in metroid, and frostlings from age of wonders.

Touhou - Great Fairy Wars

Every year when the temp finally hits -40c or close to it I install and play heroes of might and magic 2. The first time I played it was on a particularaly cold November day and all I had at the time was the demo. For me nothing is more comfy than lighting up the fireplace, pouring a glass of brandy, having my dog by my feet and enjoying a Nicarauguan cigar over a map of homm 2.

do you tip your fedora when you win

Wearing a high quality hat with a robe? In the house? Madness!