Owlboy

So, this has Overwhelmingly Positive on steam, and the pixel art isn't too bad. is it fun?

Played it for a bit, if you can get over the annoying story it's pretty fun.

Oh and if you don't mind fur shit

holy shit this came out, i totally forgot about it. people were waiting for this game for so fucking long and then suddenly it was coming out, came out and barely made a splash.

You know, it says something about the current demographic of gamers when I don't consider an rating of Overwhelmingly Positive to be a sure fire indicator of a good game.

amazing social commentary post

I feel like it's being praised solely on merit of it taking like a decade to be released.

Press nureply too soon. It's an okay game but it's no where near as good as it could be.

It's a must-buy if you can truly appreciate big meaty red noses like I do.
Not a single character is left unattended!

It took ten years to come out user, it must be good.
Like boyhood

Made the huge mistake of coming out after the new Civ. I also think there's a substantial amount of customer boredom with pixel shit. No one cares about pixel art, especially when the trailer looks like such a snoozefest

I doubt that many of those people know or care.

If I were to hypothesize, it's rated highly because of the good looking art and the unique concept. The game itself is pretty unusual which helps too.

This game reminds me of a very classic visual design, not the pixel art but the characters and style. It's very memorable and has quite a bit of character compared to most games, I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly that makes it that way.

As far as the game, it's ok. I'm not sure if I would recommend buying it, but it's an ok play.

Actually does look better.

Now release that as a mod for the actual game and we'll talk.

Hugh Mungus red flag.

Can you post this in the discussion page and ask for a mod like this?

The worst part is that it could've been good if the main characters wasn't some cunt kid.

What's this? Pixel art that's actually good?

Bigger question: how pozzed is it?

Look up Konjak works or that one cancelled mugen game Saga something. Owlboy is nothing to write home about.

Story is about kid being a handicapped ALTERNATIVELY GIFTED person that is bullied by functioning members of his society. He randomly gets magic artifact turning him into world-saving super hero.
Try to guess who's the target audience is.

The main character is a boy with a pussy? That's actually kind of unique

Bohemian grove.

Start fucking digging.

That's not the worst thing I've ever heard.

It's so progressive :,^)

>dev is probably a jew
MERELY COINCIDENCE

Looking at that first picture and ignoring the obvious tumblr nose, that does look like absolutely gorgeous pixel art. I'd give it a shot just for that alone. not for any kind of money though, I'd want to actually see and play a small demo first

DIG

I did watch the video of it on Steam store, the backgrounds look very well done and have a really good feeling of depth to them.

Not sure about the gameplay or story though.

Played it for a good bit. The gameplay is sort of alright, and the difficulty certainly ramps up, thank fuck. The story is pretty lame though, especially in the sense that it takes away agency from the player. What I mean by that is that when you accomplish what you set out to do, or are very close to it, the narrative takes over and forces your party to fail in some way. So instead of you having accomplished anything the game just moves the goal post. This happened repeatedly. I can't say for certain, but I am fairly certain that the end will be an against-all-odds friendship-fueled Deus ex Machina kind of deal. That is to say, complete bullshit.

Furthermore, I have little to no love for the protagonist and his retarded friend. I reckon that their combined autism would only really appeal to young children. There's a pirate that joins your party who's okay, I guess

checked, mein neigger

You fucking idiots it's not a tumblr nose it's a beak.

I swear…

It's alright. You can beat it in under a day if you're dedicated enough. You can probably 100% it in 2 days if you're dedicated enough.

The big barriers to 100% are probably some of the locations of the coins and rings are bullshit (like in an invisible ceiling) and the cannon minigame doesn't control anything like the rest of the game and you need to do it perfectly.

The story does a few things that seem interesting but honestly left me feeling kind of hollow. Comparing different parts of the story makes you feel like they were trying to go for either a fun adventure with all your friends vibe or "everyone hates you and nothing you do will matter in the end." A lot of the plot details are left vague and the "secret" area honestly gave me more questions than answers about the plot.

The game is very pretty if you don't have an immediate revulsion to "pixelshit." All of the designs for the areas and enemies/characters and UI etc. look nice even if they're really obviously inspired by Zelda and other retro titles. Stop sperging out about the noses. It's just a cartoon thing.

Most of the core gameplay is pretty standard action-ish twin-stick shooter combat with different enemies to change up how you approach the situation. But there are really only 3 (or 4 if you count the basic spin attack) weapons and by the time you get the last one enemies become mostly irrelevant. There are a bunch of weird out-of-place sections where you do something like (for example) an autoscroller where you have to steer left and right to avoid projectiles, and again they're really only there for like a few minutes tops and you're back to the "real game" so I don't know why the devs even bothered making these segments.

The game has incredibly low replay value. You can't get screwed out of 100% because there's a teleporter at the final boss. Once you've gotten everything and talked to everyone there's probably only one or two optional things left to do that aren't very obvious and don't have any bearing on the story or ending.

The dev time is paradoxical to the game's length. I have no idea what part of the game could have taken so long to merit 10 years of dev time except for a ton of failed iterations of basically every part of the game and then the graphics to add on to each iteration's time. No, it is not worth $30. It is maybe worth $10. It's also on GOG so do with that information what you will.

I was lucky enough to go into the game without much expectation so I didn't have much to worry about it being bad or good or whatever, but it kept my attention the whole way and I felt drained (or disappointed, or hollow, or something not quite good) after finishing it. Someone's inevitably going to compare it to Undertale so I'll just say that Owlboy blows it out of the water in certain places (graphics especially) but doesn't really get very far past UT everywhere else. It's probably only 1-1.5 points higher on a 10-point scale if you wanted to compare it to your subjective rating of UT.

tl;dr Get it on 66% sale (or not) if you want to have a fun diversion for a day or two. Don't expect a lot.

then why is there also a mouth? dipshit

Oh yeah? This guy has a beak? The one without wings?

He's just aviatory different person! Check your privilege, shitlord!

I don't get it.

>>>/tumblr/

the game sounds like shit tbh fam, worth a pirate but not worth a buy

not big surprise