So what's the next big goyim scam tactic?

so what's the next big goyim scam tactic?

So normalfags are getting wise to the age of darkness tactics, only took them 9 goddamn years.
Question is what's next?

Aside from lockboxes, lots and lots of lockboxes.

Other urls found in this thread:

playstation.com/en-gb/legal/software-usage-terms/
ms.nintendo-europe.com/terms/wiiu/Wii-U-Network-EULA-UK_EN-2015-05.html
bandainamcoent.com/eula
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who gives a shit? Modern games are trash, it's not our hobby anymore. Let the plebs play with the corpse they mangled while we play old games that will never stop being good.

Maybe they take the hint.

Subscription based single player games. You faggots know it's coming.

You deserve subscriptions.

Its called "games for gold" MS has been doing it for like 5 years user.

Dumbing games to the point where everything is a QTE walking simulator.

Well, world of warcraft is doing that shit for the last few years, and the numbers have not been doing great, fuck Blizzard.

The die is cast.

I am disappointed user.

nah man, you're thinking of playstation plus. games for gold lets you keep the games even if gold runs out. its still shit though.

Microsoft is already doing that with Solitaire.

I just wanted to feel good for a second. Not think about what is going to happen but focus on the small crumbs of good things that I can get right now. Is that so bad? I just want to feel good and content for a second while I continue waiting for death.

Think about anime girls in miniskirts.

Don't tell me you fell for the "It's just cosmetic" meme.

How melodramatic.

kill yourself already

>PS4 actually getting games next year also on PC
Ive seen worse

Fucking never, people have been saying this shit for years but they never fucking learn.

Wizard uprising when?

It is just cosmetic, you could mod the game (as if the jews at Blizzard would allow modding) so things would only have the vanilla appearance when you play and it wouldn't make any difference.
It's obviously locking out some content, but at the end of the day it's not very relevant content, it's just hats, people don't deal extra damage or can see behind walls with what's inside the lootboxes, and even normalfaggots can tell the difference nowadays.

Kill yourself Overcuck

Nigger I don't even play the game, and it's not like Overwatch invented this model or even popularized it; I have no fucking idea what was the first game to do it, but I know Dota 2 was the game that made it very clear you could just sell flashy colors to people and they would buy it, no need to sell pay to win products.
I'm calling shit like it is, games that lock relevant content behind pay walls die nine times out of ten, but companies like Blizzard and Valve who can keep a team of people churning out cosmetics while the main product is fully available without any money barriers are running a model that's much more attractive for the average consumer.
Most people are smarter about micro transactions nowadays but hat whores still keep games alive.

But will Bloodborne PC ever?

Normalfags will never wake up.

Yeah, they keep saying "THEY'RE WAKING UP!" about Redditors too.
Over & over with this shit. The sheep will be sheep for life. Only the tiniest percentage will ever wake; odds are that already happened & the only people remaining are diehard brainwashed drones like the entirety of Neogaf.

This "THEY'RE WAKING UP!" meme needs to die already. It doesn't even work for promoting exodus since the people who are supposedly "WAKING UP" already belong to one of the strongest & most heavily maintained false consensus on the internet outside of Neogaf.

I'm going to make a game like this and you guys are going to buy it because it will have a mirrion waifu bait for all your weebshit needs. :^)

>>>/reddit/

Every game that isn't open source that you've ever bought that is single player is a subscription based single player game. You subscribed to a license to the game that the publisher could revoke at any time.
God damn, what is with this board and how it attracts memespouting morons?

Crates and cosmetics like CSGO innumerable F2P games as well as .

Doesn't matter if many reject the crates, because when 1 customer suddenly is worth 400-500$ on average instead of 60$, you can afford to lose some customers on it. The whales will make up for it. As for the subscriptions, just promise content over the months after release, you'll easily get normalfags to fall for it and pay well over 60$ in subscription as you trickle down cut content to them bit by bit.

This. You can see examples of this shit all throughout history, until someone comes along and uses the sheep for a purpose they will never "wake up", but it will be by someone else's determination they do something, never of their own, so they won't really have woken up at all even then.

>>>/reddit/

What can I say, man, weebcucks, amirite?

Why are you so angry, normalfag?

In the old days gamers bought a game for a one-time payment of $€20-60. They played the game and moved on after a month or so.

Publishers see this as very inefficient and want games to remain money spinning machines for YEARS like GTAOnline and WoW. This way fewer games need to be made and on the long term gamers will spend more money on your franchise.

Every part of the world operates this way, you delusional fucktard.

You must be new here.

ftfy

Normalfag is not an insult, being mentally handicapped is not a talent. Every parent prays that their kids will be huge normalfags.

Here have a loli.

Go ahead and try to "revoke" my "license" on my physical copies for consoles that don't connect to the internet, nevermind my mountains of pirated materiel.

Fucking Linux/marxist tards, man.

Being mentally handicapped is a talent, one you're good at.

I can't, I'm not the person who sold you the license, but you're delusional to not believe this is true when every game has a license agreement in the manual or in-game.

Fookin liar. No one gives a shit about Ico with dog and samurai dark souls.

Unreal Engine dev here

Yeah, honestly if you're not retarded and willing to be a jack of all trades, Unreal Engine lets you make good games on your lonesome.

Two heads are better than one, of course, and getting a friend to help is definitely better, but its legitimately possible to make a game by yourself now.

Found the triggered subhuman normalfag.

Lay off the burgers.

How about you offer some proof instead of memespewing?

The normalfag has a neverending lust to be recognized as a "good person", and sticking up for devs is the easiest way to get good boy points

>>>/reddit/

Fuck off, normalfag.
>>>/facebook/

When PS4 emulation becomes a thing

No Mans Sky and its fuckhuge marketing and normalfag attention should be enough to teach faggots like you a thing or two about the industry.
Guess I overestimate the average user here.

In Europe consumer protection laws hinder that stupid shit, when you buy a game you are buying the game. Doesn't matter what the ToS says because they can't override national consumer protection laws (they can't in the US either, by the way).

>>>/reddit/

Except game licenses are still a thing for you, so you're wrong.
I'm not talking about ToS.

You mean like steam?

remasters/remakes

Are you new? This is how video games have worked since day 1.

Knack 2 Babehh
still no games until next year, and we don't even know if they are good aside from Yakuza

I really wish Epic wasn't owned by Chinese kikes.

Enjoy your ban triplets

Pic related

Burden of proof is on you, Redditor.

Actually I'll just filter your ID, was funny at first but now it's just spam.

playstation.com/en-gb/legal/software-usage-terms/
ms.nintendo-europe.com/terms/wiiu/Wii-U-Network-EULA-UK_EN-2015-05.html
bandainamcoent.com/eula
And these are a few examples of many, get fucked.
amazing, did you blow in from tumblr?

No. They are still fucking retards. And that's what the kikes are actually thinking.

You know what else is just cosmetic? The base graphics themselves. Why not just cut them all out and replace them with basic and bland placeholder graphics? They'd still function as they do in the gameplay, they'd just be boring as hell to look at. Make sure to buy the real models and real textured DLC, each dold seperetly.

And why stop there? Let's make people buy graphics options seperetly. $5 for the ultra graphics setting. Story's not really important, all you need are basic instructions and descriptions to play the game. Make players pay for lore. Sell music seperately it's not like that has any bearing on gameplay unless it's a rhythm game.

Get the hint?

I knew holding off filtering your ID would yield entertainment.

Except there aren't any national laws that would outlaw this, prove there are.

If they drop the shekel exploitation then they will increase the price of the games at base cost to compensate.

Oh yeah, lets not forget
They're iterating consoles and normalfags are eating that shit up.

Theres something really fucking wrong with my browser

Which is why they're scrambling for more "acceptable" ways to fleece customers out of more money for much less effort.

And why the same bullshit practices just being applied to different content shouldn't be acceptable.

tipping in game purchases and microtransactions. you want to show your gratitude and support for the developers, right goy?

Ni-Oh is good.

What are they going to do, user? Send the video game police to take away my disks?

Damn what a cuck.

Though it has been a thing for a while I think we will see more things episodic like they did with hitman.
just imagine something like the old FF with multiple disks but you had to pay for each disk separately.

I really doubt it. Is anyone here jewish enough to come up with a 'justification' for such a thing?

I mean a justification to sell it to the goyim, Moshe. Oy vey pay attention here!

I laughed while I was writing this until I remembered that people actually bought No Man's Sky, and realized this is not so out there

300 dollar dildo shaped peripheral (sold separately) you must keep at a constant temperature before your games unlock from their DRM

"Sit on it? I would never suggest that, goyim! You could always use your mouth!"

Explain to me how exactly is this going to work then.
I have a Playstation 1. Not X, 1. I also have Crash Bandicoot 3 to play on it.
How is Naughty Dog capable of taking that game away from me? Short of coming inside my house and taking the CD or the console, they can't.

Better yet, for PC: I have an Age of Mythology CD that came with a laptop and I can install that thing on any PC and even re-use the same serial, (but of course I won't be able to play with people re-using it). How is Microsoft gonna take Age of Mythology from me if they ever decided to do so? Hack my computer and turn my old CD drive into a shredder so the CD would be destroyed when I placed it inside?

Let's be even more bold here: I have Steam installed and recently bought Shadow Warrior 2 fuck you, it's fun. Let's say that Steam decides to explode their own servers. Or flat out remove the game from me. How are they gonna remove it from my PC? Hack my PC and delete the files? Remove it from my library just because? Let me remind you that all those games work in Offline as well and even if they didn't, applying hacks to remove checks is not against any law or ToS if you actually bought the game. (it counts as modifying the product you bought, no different than repainting a house you bought)

I really don't think you understand the lack of mechanisms in the first place to "remove" games from their owners to begin with, that it's only truly possible for digital goods and even then it's iffy at best. Germany had some issues with a particular game where Steam had to refund the owners after the game was taken from them.
Just because a lot of people don't know what legal rights they have, it doesn't mean they don't exist, and if Killing Floor has to add in their own ToS that they'll ban you from multiplayer at their discretion, I seriously doubt Steam has anything in their ToS similar to that. Maybe for something like downloading games you didn't actually bought from them or being caught with the Steam emulators.

Imagine if Minecraft had a subscription and an update forced every server to not be pirate-friendly. Imagine they keep updating it with a new type of stone and wood every 3 months, just to justify the content.
It would be a success and people would still buy it.

haha yes, it was blizzard who started this shit, not valve!

well done gaben

Ace combat 7
let it die
Persona 5
Neir automata also on pc
I guess re7

Since when? My xbone subscription ran out a year ago and I tried to play a gold game and got blocked by a message saying I had to renew my subscription to play it again

I know the big publisher's really like the mobile games market because you shit out a crappy candy crush clone reskined and just lock everything behind a pay wall. They are probably going to follow this model, but with episodic multiplayer and single player games

is any of that true? I haven't really been following

Per-Company Subscription Fees.
Games still cost money, but less so if you subscribe.
You pay $5.99 ~ $10.99 per month to access any given companies entire catalog. Game purchases are reduced to only $20 or so. $5.00 for older titles. Arcade games for $1.00 or free.
You need to have a subscription to play that companies games online. If you have an Xbox or PS4, you need to pay their subscription fee in addition to Xbox Live and PSPlus.

You have to maintain an active subscription in order to retain access to your games.

lol

I could see the EA Access model become universalized (i.e. you can no longer actually own a copy of a game, instead you have to pay a subscription fee to a publisher to receive access to their games).

Normalfags are not getting wise to anything.

They've just run out of money.

I think many of them just switched to twitch to SEE the game instead of playing it.

Wouldn't episodic games you have to pay each for each episode or get a "season pass" for count as this?

What's wrong with saying normalfag now?

I'm working for an hourly wage
I went to high school
didn't do great
still I gotta make more cash
more education is what I'm looking at
when I get a degree
I will make a bigger salary
so now I've got to see
which college is right for me
I went on the internet and
found education connection
I took some free tests
to find out my direction
I'm taking my classes online
getting my degree on my own time
education connection matched me with the right college for free
get connected for free with education connection
get connected for free with education connection

reddit thinks they invented the word 'normalfag'. that's why these redditors are telling people who use it to go back to reddit.

bunch of normalfags if you ask me.

Actually reddit (and other sites) uses 'normalfag' because they're afraid they might hurt someone's feefees if they say 'faggot' or any of its derivatives.

The dancing goofy white girl is 85% of the fun you moron. Quality post regardless.

and you know this how?

you sure its not "normalfags" ?

I've heard it too.

It's got a wordfilter on it, it's nor mies. /r9k/ and /v9k/ uses it, so I think they do it to try to fit in.

They could just make good games again.

ftfy

The term is originally from reddit since they didn't want to be offensive and use "Neurotypical"

Actually reddit and other sites that appropriate our culture use the term "normalfag" and before you ask I know from screenshots of people getting butthurt when people said "normalfag", and the cucks ar saying retarded shit like "whats wrong with being a fag" etc.

Wrong, how fucking new are you? Imageboards were using the term normalfag/newfag before reddit even existed. Lurk more.

normalfag and norm-ie are both cancer that are only used by redditfags who don't understand how anonymous imageboard culture works

Prove it. For all we know you're just trying to revise history.

spoken like a true normalfag I used reddit for years as a teenager and never once saw someone say it there

He means the term that has a worldfilter on it, "nor mie". It's the politically correct version of "normalfag" that was adopted by every other site full of hipsters that want their nerd cred and complaing about "those filthy nor mies, ree!"

Holy fucking shit, how new are you? Go subvert another website. If you weren't new you would know that these words have been in use on imageboards for over a decade.
If you want proof go look for it. The only shit you are getting from me is my personal confirmation.

Welp, that is what I typed but I totally forgot there was a word filter. You are correct and thats what I meant, carry on.

Fuck off, revisionist. I see the point you're making but this isn't the time to be making it.

Why the fuck is there a word filter on it anyway? Does mark like helping the redditors hide?

But that's fucking awesome! I could take them to court and buy several videogames with the money I'd get out of it.
Or do you actually think they'd get to barge in my house breaking my door and stealing from me without breaking laws?

It reminds me of those letters some ISPs sent to their users because they suspected they were pirates. In the end, they had no legal power to do anything and you could just ignore them if you wanted. And if they throttled your bandwidth, you could even take them to court over that.

There were a few imbeciles that actually paid them or admitted to priacy and got shafted because of that. We call those people "Darwin's failures".

Because it triggers everyone, most likely.
Redditors are triggered at every -fag out here, while regular posters were triggered by nor mie, so it cuts down on the shitpost massively.

I don't know. I don't think he thinks some times.
If there is anything I miss about 4chan it was the super obvious wordfilters with colors and shit like brackets so you know who is getting word filtered and when. I wish Holla Forums had that feature.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was one. Look at how he acts when it comes to moderation.

It would be easier to take down the most recent movies they've made off youtube than it would be to go after all the people who watched them. It would probably be easier to take down let's plays of the older games too.

Yeah I suspect they do it in hopes of finding a few idiots who just get scared and pay them.

Nothing of value was lost.

is the hint that youre retarded?

i don't have an xbone, just a 360. thanks for telling me though, now i have another reason never to get one.

Not for me. I've entirely dropped digital this year and have gone back to physical.
The big advantage of physical is that even if tomorrow publishers kill physical completely for new single player game subscriptions, millions of physical games are still around, protected by exhaustion doctrine. So I will never run out of games to collect and play.

Please leave, jew.

What does that have to do with his post? He was right. Games are sold on a licensed basis. Anybody who has actually played a video game and has actually read the shit on the box has understood this.

By the way, Redd(U+200B was here)it spacing is filtered too. I used a 0-width space in this post but you can try to write it manually yourself and see what happens

It's an objective fact you buy licenses to games when you buy games, digital or physical, no matter where you are in the world.

It matters so much, that entire businesses are built on it.
Licenses grant you actionable rights.
Nobody is stupid enough to sell you game licenses.

see . dumbass

It's not going to be that, it's going to be subscription-based game streaming like OnLive but actually works.

The fuck is a lockbox?

Crates, lootboxes, etc.

You need talented devs for that, though. Modern AAA has less talent than your average shoelace.

I know.. but a man can dream.

im sure theyre still doing well for themselves despite what they say. it doesnt sound as good unless they make a big deal about it. they just see the success of overwatch and want to relocate their gold mines.

The problem is moefags.

Subscription implies recurring money or that the licence will expire

Talented devs? Ha more like talented ad agencies.

Marketing budget is the real decider these days.

The age of moe and lolis has ended. This is the age of lusty ara-aras~♥
Can't wait for a shitty weeb jrpg about a team of MILFs

You pay upfront for a lifetime* subscription

*lifetime not defined

I honestly don't understand the success of Overwatch
It is complete shit released a few weeks after complete shit that is 90% identical to it which massively flopped and yet it sold 12 million copies
It fucking confuses me especially when Blizzard hadn't done anything people care about since World of Warcraft released in 2004, 12 years ago

A subscription I can exchange with someone else for cash and never have to recede
Also what about Pirated games, they're not open source either and there is no such thing as a Free subscription

What are you talking about, user? One is wearing pearls and the other isn't! Totally different characters!

I'm not sure if this is true, but I bet one of the factors in Overwatch's success probably has to do with Team Fortress 2's decline and some people jumped ship to an alternative.

Industryfag here, there's been talks about a "netflix of vidya" or a spotify-like service for a long fucking time now, both from the AAA corporate and the indie faggots wanting to monetize their gamemaker walking simulators

ITS GOING TO HAPPEN

Can't say I'd be surprised if it's true since Sony seems to be gearing up for that

Pretty sure Sony has said the PS5 will be a streaming service

You fuckers don't get it do you?

Subscription means you don't get the whole game, you get to install a level and play that level and when you need new content it gets streamed into your HDD

All content is stored temporarily, you got no control over it

All games are online-only, no connection no play

They're pirated, you dumb shit.

You're an idiot.

You ignored my first point
With a subscription you don't get all the product at once and if you can get it then you can't sell it all at once

Back to plebbit you go little shit

No, I don't have a license to Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt that I got in 1986. I have a physical copy of it right there on my shelf. Stop pretending that everyone has always used Steam (TM). Even manuals that claim it's a license are false, because no court in the world would give a company the right to take away a physical object that you bought legally.

Exactly. So you admit this is a recent thing on shitty games only, with factors that rely on things other than your physical copy. You were disagreeing with quotes that said "in the old days," then you counter with new examples.

Remember, never "buy" digital, and online games will cease to exist in the (usually near) future. Physical only, and if I can't play multiplayer with my friends on the couch, then it doesn't even count.

what dont you understand? besides what youre pretending not to understand?

How did Overwatch sell 12 million copies when Battleborn was a huge flop when both games were pretty much identical

Because Overwatch came out first.

And was better.

Because it wasn't infected with the stench of Randy Pitchford's involvement.

(Me)

No, idiot, Battleborn came out first. You just don't remember because nobody ever talks about Battleborn so you had to google it just now to check.

Stupid cunt.

literal robbery
They'll get your address through your payment services and come to your house at night and steal shit

Because there isn't a point, the subscription is a one time payment for the subscription to the license. That's it.

for one, the games arent identical at all. maybe youre confusing the early days of paladins with battleborn. and even paladins has abandoned its assfaggots roots.

the biggest answer is probably just marketing. overwatch had a bigger presence the entire time they were in development. i dont know who made their splash first but overwatch made it way bigger. the cinematics really sealed the deal and had people fell in love with the characters.
it took advantage of the downswing of tf2s popularity, while battleborn would instead appeal to fans of aos clones who are really really hard to tear away from their game of choice. fans of super monday night combat might see appeal in it but that game flopped too.

NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG NORMALFAG

yeah but lockboxes is even worse than paid DLC because now you are gambling for a chance to get DLC, that is certainly not an improvement.

While Ubisoft got wiser and now know that if they make a game that gets the casuals attention , then it's better to milk them in that game for as long as posible than by releasing a sequel the next year. Like source games.

It might be mindblowing for a spergy teen with no friends like you but there are lots of devs around

Yes great, I'm sure that's true, but just one thing: why do you choose to believe someone who has no proof to verify they are who they claim?

Nigger you talk like being in the vidya industry was a big deal, as if it wasn't open to any fucker who walks in willing to code for a shit wage instead of getting a real job

Also sage isn't a downvote you buttblasted faggot, back to plebbit you go

Tip top kek.

Sage doesn't do anything, so why are you so butthurt over it?

Steam is not only a huge pile of shovelware trash. Every year older games disappear from Steam into the void. That means, there is no way to get them anymore. If a publisher decides to stop selling a digital game, it simply vanishes.
I'm done with "digital" and have gone back to physical entirely.
If the industry dares to stop selling physical, I'm still fine, there are still enough physical games around to fill an entire lifetime. I'm just fine with concentrating my entire spending power onto the used market.

NOT ANYMORE SHILL

wake up or shut the fuck up

What about this user?~

fucking lazy cunts

smh tbh famila

Fixed