Collector/Buyfag Thread

Alright niggers, time for the usual. We're coming up to Christmas, what are you planning on treating yourself to? Have you picked anything up since the last thread? Whats your wishlist of 5 games you'd like to pick up?

Any anons got a Sega Mark III? Would it be recommended to pick up over a Master System? I just want FM music.

I actually just bought that IBM computer in the first pic. Came with the computer + 2 monitors and I got it all for $50.

Also, r8 my cyberpunk hackers den in the making. What else should I add to it?

2015 didn't see a lot of remarkable vidya pickups for me. I think this year I did pretty well.

Crimmus should mark the end of my hoarding for the time being. Will post in one of these threads before New Year's.

I bought a Dell U2414H and a medium sized frying pan since the one I had was too big for my daily one person meals

I think that is the only stuff I will buy this month, fuck christmas

I'm still looking for copies of God Hand, a few PS1 games and am looking for copies of final fantasy 3-6 on platforms. Trying to collect the first 10 FF's so I can do a complete playthrough of them all in order.

Watever you do don't play the ports

As far as vidya goes, this past month I got an IDE drive (and have now dumped various expensive and fan translated PS2 games onto it; makes a good way to bypass the region lock, avoid scalpers and/or act as a "try it before you buy it" method), Demon Gaze (got inspired by some user in the Vita thread; they'd said it was becoming hard to find, and considering there was only one available local copy in 100 miles, I'd wager that's accurate), and a copy of Ys: Memories of Celceta as a birthday present. Also got a cheap, complete boxed set of Baccano! for $16, and a bundle of cheapish (compared to what they usually average) half-series DVD sets for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ordered. Series is entirely out of print here now and the guy selling them only has like 5% his stock of them left.

Still no El Shaddai PS3, annoyingly.

At this point, I don't really know. I mostly just trawl various stores for cheap stuff I've heard enough good things about to be interested in playing; having surprise finds works out better than constantly looking locally for one particular game/series and being disappointed over and over. Actually, had somewhat better luck on expanding my half-shelf of anime DVDs lately than on picking up worthwhile games.

Been the opposite for me. 2015 had a ton of damn good finds for me, while 2016 has been pretty lacking. Not sure if it's been because stores around here have gotten smarter about pricing, or that I've already gotten a lot of the games I've wanted (and thus have had less to be on the lookout for).

And this year I'm low on funds.

I remember getting my copy for $18 a few years back. Surprises me a bit to see it averaging nearly $40 complete now. I suppose one should be thankful that it hasn't seen some fucking ridiculous price jump like Kuon ($40 to $160 in a year or two).

Might be worth mentioning that some of the original versions of various ones didn't come west if you're the sort that wants the original releases in English, though I'd wager you knew that already.

I just bought a whole host of fucking games for under 150 bucks
Most of it hasn't come yet, but the notable stuf is a huge lot of manuals/coverarts, including FE path of radiance cover(which on it's own covers the cost of the entire lot and then some for some reason), GC twilight princess manual, some random LE shit like a catherine art/CD book and SMT4 crap, and more that he didn't even show, a couple of Turbo Grafx games for way cheaper than the regular price. like Parasol stars for 40 bucks. N64 end labels and a German(still has english translation on the cart iirc, also apparently it's Region locked on everything but Fat DS and DS lite????) copy of Solatorobo sealed

Right now all i really want is the new Lupin the 3rd part II box set coming out soon, that, and the splatterhouse games(having a hard time finding anything that isn't a bootleg or ~100 bucks) and n64 games.

Wait, the entire lot was costing as much as a replacement cover for Path of Radiance? Speaking of covers, I kind of wish I had either a better printer or had ordered replacement covers for stuff like .hack//G.U. Vol 3 while there were available to.

Far as I'm aware, the only DS games that were region locked were the ones that were ones that specifically required a DSi. Considering original DS carts aren't even region locked with the 3DS, I'd assume you can play them on any DS or 3DS system, but I might be wrong.

Fe Path of radiance cover sold for 21.99 recently on the ebay and the entire lot was ~16 bucks, hope it has more GC stuff than that though, i have a bunch of disc only games that need it.

Not bad. Still, I don't suppose that's of much use to you personally unless you have a copy of PoR missing the cover.

For the most part I only buy complete, great condition copies of stuff (at least as far as games that had actual cases; trying to get stuff like complete GBA games is too much), barring occasions where it's a good deal and I can find the rest of what I need to complete it for sale cheap online, or is just that good a deal. No sense passing up an incomplete copy of PoR for $10, especially when at the time I found a manual being sold online for $5.

I'm fine with the ports honestly, just refusing to play the mobile shit and the PC versions. I already own the GBA version and despite it being the easiest

Well fuck me. Part of me has slightly given up hope on it in general just because it's such a somewhat niche game that the people that still own it probably know what they have and won't sell it. Granted, i'm in a place that doesn't have a really big gaming community, so I doubt i'll see it but I look everyday for it.

My big want is FF3 for the DS, I would love an NES cart of it, but can't read moonrunes.

Given that it's been translated for around 20 years, i'm sure you could probably get a reproduction with one of the fan translations crammed inside, or you know, a flash cart/

I've been lucky. I've got a fair amount of game focused options within driving distance, as well as some multimedia places to peruse as well. Not all of them are that good (and the multimedia places extremely hit or miss), but the ones that are I appreciate. I'd wager I could probably still find God hand around here for maybe $25-30 complete if I needed it. It hasn't struck me as rare (the way I never see stuff like Blood Will Tell), merely uncommon, but I'd suspect that increasing awareness that that IGN 3/10 review was pure horseshit has made people slowly gain more interest in a game they may have thought was trash going off mainstream reviews in the past, or something. At least Capcom's made it available through the PS3's PSN too, for people that want to play it legitimately but do't care to track down a copy. More than I can say about Namco with .hack (or even Tales games older than the PS3 ones, which they act as if aren't worth the effort to make available on the PSN).

Around here neither FFIII or IV DS are all that pricy. Really strikes me that either FFTA2 or those Crystal Chronicle ones are the pricy Final Fantasy DS games. I still wonder if anyone else's copy of FFIV DS has the "NDS" tab on the spine a slightly different color of white than the rest of their DS games.

Play Duck Hunt on the little Panasonic. Nice setup in the making, maybe try finding a period-correct keyboard for the IBM, and a phone-couple style modem. Bonus points if you actually need to put in an interface card for parallel ports.

When one of my friends found God Hand for $10 and passed it up I almost slapped his shit.

I'd wager that it depends on when exactly he found it at that price as to how hard your ought to have slapped his shit.

At least when I find good deals of games I already have/am not that interested in myself, I try to let a friend know on the off chance they have any interest in picking it up themselves; if not and there's a thread like this around, I try to mention it in case there's any local anons that might be able to benefit from the savings.

Why are those jewel cases upside down on that rack?

I just got through moving stuff around; and I left the CDs in the rack, putting the rack back upside-down evidently.

I flipped it back just for you, user.

Actually, since I heard the Vita is on its way out I was wondering what was worth getting that is still physical?
Nothing really for imports because I don't know moon runes but stuff you can get in the states.
I'd imagine the local gamestops would still be rather easy to get most of this shit for cheap still.

NES Mini, is it worth it?

Depends on what all you're interested in. The Vita tends to do best with people that enjoy more niche sorts of games, and availability can be an issue if you like trying to find stuff locally (it's mostly just western shit at non-Gamestop stores here, barring one store that actually does have a tendency to get a fair amount of Japanese developed stuff in trade ins).

Some games that had Asia/Pacific prints have built in English (or maybe more "Engrish") as a language option, making them import friendly. Just saying.

On one hand, it's thirty classic games for $60. On the other, you're stuck with those thirty games, and some that fans really like are notably absent for whatever reason (like Castlevania III). Probably better off emulating/flash carting if you prefer having access to a wider variety.

They're selling you hardware that's more powerful than a fucking wii, and all it does is plays NES games. you're better off using the money to buy a real wii and homebrew channel with emulators, and USB sticks to load wii games off of it. 60 bucks can get you a decent one for that, maybe a half decent USB stick too.

Just got my copy of Shovel Knight's Vita release, and my collection continues to grow at a rapid rate. More than half of these physical copies I've got in the last year.

Damn I'm jelly, I love the series but didn't have a vita when it came out. Now it's gone forever

I found UMvC3 and Virtua Tennis 4 in the same GameStop.

Aside from that, I managed to pick up Yakuza and FF9 last month. My local game store is selling Grandia, Dragon Quest 7 and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for $60, $70 and $120 respectively, and I'm really temped to get them, but I also need to start putting some money aside for a PS4 or a Vita, so I'm not really sure what to do.

Vita is only going to get harder to collect for later on. It's already got a pretty hardcore collector crowd as is.

I don't really care about UMvC3, I only really liked MvC1.

Eh, the big thing about it is, until this last weekend, the only way to get a copy was to buy it physically.

I know.

It depends what you like and are willing to put up with. Ebay has been useful to pick up games for Vita since they're impossible to find new.

No. Get an SBC and make a case.

How much did you have to spend on Xenogears? I got mine for $5 complete a few years back, though I know it averages about $30-40.

If you ask me, that's way too much. At least where I live, Grandia is about $40-45 and Persona 2 is (I want to say) about $90. Not sure about Dragon Warrior VII though; last I saw one it was before the 3DS version came out at $40, but I've heard some people say it's steadily climbing. Most expensive PS1 JRPGs these days (again, where I live) are Suikoden II, Tales of Eternia, and Valkyrie Profile, which go for $120 or more.

What happened last weekend? Some new contract or something get it back on the PSN?

70 bucks for dragon warrior 7 is just insane, last year it was 35-40 bucks for a complete copy

I thought stuff like Kuon for $40 a year or two back was a bit high, but I got proven wrong with just how high that one's sitting at now. But yeah, if anything, I'd have thought that the 3DS version, regardless of quality, would have at least dropped demand for the PS1 original, if not temporarily made the original more available (people "trading up" to the new version), the way I saw happen with Pokemon Emerald when ORAS released. However, I never saw that happen with Dragon Warrior 7 post-DQ7 3DS, but I'm not sure if that's more that it outright didn't happen or that Dragon Warrior 7 is just that much less common than Pokemon to the point it's not noticeable.

Still kick myself a bit for not picking up the PS1 original a few years back when I saw a copy for $12; had already found Super Mario Sunshine for $12, Koudelka for $12, and Xenogears for $5 that night, and didn't have enough spending money to get anything more.

Around $40, but in total I spent $49.99, because of shipping. That's why I hate ordering online.

Should also mention, I'm living in Canuckistan. Our dollar is about 74 cents to an American dollar, so prices might be inflated over here.

I get paid in two days, so I'm either going to buy a Dreamcast and start my search for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, put some money in towards the Nintendo Switch or the PS4 or just just buy some games off Steam

Yeah, I definitely prefer searching locally first. I can actually inspect what I'm looking to buy myself, and with some patience can manage to pay far less than I would from online sellers that all go off Amazon or Ebay for prices. It's the stuff I notice I honestly can't find in stores for months on end, or games that have gotten reprints, where I'm more liable to go looking for a seller online.

How was shipping nearly $10 for you though? Usually where I am shipping's maybe $4-5, and there's no taxing on top of that unless it's coming to me from within the state itself.

I just checked, and I looks like it was actually $45 before shipping. I couldn't remember exactly how much it cost.

What happened last weekend? Some new contract or something get it back on the PSN?
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is getting a rerelease for PS4, Xbone, and PC. The PS4 version is out now, and the Xbone and PC versions are coming march 2017.

Oh, I thought it was something specific to the Vita version.

Understandable, I was just wondering if maybe Canuck shipping prices were more than US ones. On that note, fuck how Amazon keeps raising that minimum amount to get free shipping on particular items. They really, REALLY want people to be shelling out for Prime.

Bump.

Not pictured: Viewtiful joe RHR and FE path of radiance covers i already put on boxes. ZHP, the pack of cards from a game called Eye of judgement and the DS junk are kinda cool, but the covers are mostly crap.

Funny thing about Top Angler though, like many other games, the PS2 version is pretty much worthless while the Gamecube version is one of the rarer games for the console, though since it's a sports game, it only goes for around 20-40 bucks online.

I have to wonder how someone winds up having assloads of spare covers and manuals like that up for sale, short of it being an actual game store trying to make room for stuff. I mean, if there was a cover or manual for a game I was needing, I certainly wouldn't complain, but it just makes me wonder how that happens, especially if the person selling them off didn't even have the games to go with them. But maybe that's just my own way of doing things speaking, as I always try to keep stuff complete and together.

He's getting a Kippah.

Dunno if that's still a thing, but typically people got this shit by going dumpster diving in local gamestops, where they usually destroy the games before dumping them.

P2 for 85 shipped.

Go crazy, nigger.

wat

Did my link get eaten?

testing with broken link

http:// www. ebay. com/itm/ Persona-2-Eternal-Punishment-Complete-PS1-/272478344903?hash=item3f70f996c7:g:OuEAAOSwA3dYFCcX

Just got Yakuza 5 and A Boy and His Blob on the first week of the PSN Holidays sale.

What a kike.

A fair point. I suppose Gamestop would be vile enough to destroy carts and discs, but too lazy to bother with destroying manuals.

Bought an AGS-101 with Advance Guardian Heroes.

Subnautica

Eh… yeah, I fucked that up. What I meant to say was "FPS got more popular on console than PC"

Fuck, that shit is on my list.

I got a boxed nintendo advantage the other day for 20$ at a flea market, that was a nice find.

same as with almost every competitive fps: some do, most don't

So I just finished the game, level 71.

I have done every sidequest I could beforehand except

No idea where to find the drill horns or whatever

Not sure I would survive a lvl99 boss

What should I do now? I heard I can enter a hidden dungeon with the Regalia F so I can start entering the vaults?

Picked up Natural Doctrine and Dragons Dogma. How's Natural? Saw it mentioned a lot, only reason I picked it up.

(CHECKED)
Holy shit, these digits. Witnessed.

As for Natural Doctrine? A lot like Resonance of Fate. Systems on top of systems make for a web of complexity. Certainly not for everyone, but great fun if you can find the patience to sit down with it.

Hopefully you mean Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Don't know much about Natural Doctrine myself, aside from people being annoyed that NISA was too lazy to subtitle the ending cutscene when you're playing with the Japanese dub.