Warhammer 40k ARPG

by the Van Hellsing devs.

GW getting it right on accident again or more balls?

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/
regimental-standard.com/2016/11/10/the-abhuman-and-you/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Van Hellsing was so floaty, dull and bland that I have little hope they'll accomplish anything of note with this one either.

Hory shet, what?

Van Hellsing was pretty good and had a nice humorous touch. This could be a great game.

Well now we're at an impasse, fellow user.

Looks okay. I'd rather more investigations rather than it just being a space marine running around shooting heretics

Looks pretty shit. Also, that blatant VATS.

There is nothing more cancerous in vidya writing than when developers decide to make their story "humorous". Van Hellsing wasn't funny, and neither was any Larian game either.

I wish they'd stop trying to pretend they're witty comedians.

Balls of steel.

I would rather have a mildly self-aware WH40k game than the "muh fascism emperor save the white race lol" idiocy that is common with Warhammer """fans""" around here.

Yeah, I already know you have shit taste when it comes to narrative and writing, no need to repeat yourself.

I have high doubts about it, but it looks fun to play, at least.
I hope it doesn't make the game slower.

You're the cancer, user

Shitty, unfunny humor isn't any better, and usually leads to more cringing. At least there's not much you can fuck up with grimdark.

>>>Holla Forums

Back to your gulag.

If it leads to cringe is your problem, I'm ok with it because I'm not an oversensitive faggot and I actually enjoy goofy stuff.

The other user is right, though, you sound like a liberal faggot.

Okay, I see we have a special one among us.

This is also coming out early next year. Too much 40k vidya, most in the medium quality range.

The Holla Forumsacks invading 40K are pure cancer, as are the 14 year old newfags that populated the various 40K Generals on Holla Forums. Neither have ever played a game of 40k, neither understand the lore and both just force shitty untrue memes.

A new day, a new thread, but always the same autists.

Whatever you say, faggot. Your problem is that you didn't like it but you don't provide any objective reason as to why it's bad.

Right back at ya.

doubt he's even from /tg/
they understand that 40k is future fascism

Let me guess, you think the HH books are good don't you?

Their quality varies a lot but that's to be expected of BL books. Stuff like Legion having black people in it doesn't make me literally shake, if that's what you're trying to insinuate.

It's bad because it's not fucking funny. I'm sure you are not retarded enough and will agree that writing good humor is not an easy thing to do, and games that actually do it well are very few. With grimdark you just do grimdark, like I said, there's little you can fuck up there, and is so (over)used in games because of that.

What Van Hellsing does is go the self-aware route, and does in the most banal, in-your-face imaginable. It's not humorous, it's not even tongue-in-cheek, it's just punching you in the face with how self-aware it is and telling you to laugh. Fuck that.

Why do you feel the need to keep telling us you're mentally challenged?

What ARE the biggest issues of the HH books then, you no-argument-doublenigger?

There's so many things to do and so little done with this universe.

Not exactly what you're looking for but there IS Chaos Gate.

I wish they'd make a Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy cRPG, but alas, GW is run by idiots and the gaming industry is shit.

If there was one ARPG that needs to be a fully fledged open ended one is this, due to the nature of the Universe

I guess you're right.
But I'm more interested in uncovering jewish genestealer plots than actually fighting.

Oh come on. This is going to be shit.

One or two battles in you'll have seen it all. They aren't talking about the story, not customization, not abilities, characters, locations, goals, multiplayer or anything no directly combat related. This is an easy way of making a trailer to make a trailer look good, but without telling ANYTHING about the game.

Total and utter shit.

gonna be shit

sounds like you are the only """"fan"""" here faggot

GW isn't involved in whether it goes right or wrong, don't attribute anything to them other than extreme whoring of an IP. If a 40k game is bad it's the devs fault and if it's good it's the devs fault.

As long as you pay the Imperial tithe and accept the Imperial Creed, the Imperium gives no fucks about how you run a planet or sector
You could totally have a world of AIDs infested faggots be acceptable in the Imperium

What's the point of being self aware in a game with so much lore?
Imagine if you're watching another LOTR film and every other scene Gandalf would look directly into the camera and sigh: "I'm getting too old for this" or "There goes that Hobbit again" with a wink at the camera.

Self-awareness doesn't mean memeing shit up, it just means not taking the source material 100% at face value. Titus from Space Marine was a good example because he indirectly told Smurffags to fuck off with their MUH CODEX behavior.

The Imperium of Man is an oligarchy user. Under it's command it has fascist planets, democratic ones, communist ones, monarchical ones, and so fourth until all forms of government are mentioned. The Imperium doesn't care how a planet governs itself so long as the tithes keep flowing and the people on said planets worship the Imperial Cult or an iteration thereof that isn't deemed heretical.

There are gay and lesbian soldiers in the Imperial Guard named ones at that. Read some of the books. Whether or not they're accepted into the guard or even allowed to live changes on a planet-to-planet basis.

There's like a hundred hundred quadrillion humans bouncing around, they're not going to run out any time soon.

Also this
A lot of the Imperium might never see a war or a xeno due to how big it is and how isolated portions are

Just because they can suck Jewish cock like no one else does not mean what they write is good, let alone what the setting should be about.

He disregarded the codex and now he's being tortured by the inquisition.

But why? Warhammer 40k is a truly unique (arguably) modern sci-fi/space fantasy. You can spend days scratching the surface of the lore and then not even getting to the good part. Arguably this is a bad thing because it detteres new people to the universe, but watering it down to make it just another space adventure with some cool aesthetics is really a waste of potential.

Finally someone gets it.

The Imperium spans the entire galaxy. Everything is possible, from wartorn shitholes to perfectly peaceful Garden Worlds that have never even seen an Orc. Some worlds probably have neckbearded tech-adepts shitposting on the local noosphere.

That's a great argument.

Guess what Disney is doing to Star Wars is also a-ok, right /tg/ cuck?

News flash, those pasty white British nerds that came up with the setting have always been liberals. GW is not some sort of super secret Neo-Nazi cult intent on redpilling the hWhite Race.

Hi Disney. Eying 40k are you?

And that makes it okay?

No, they're just greedy, clueless fucktards milking the golden goose dry. Anyone that was actually involved in making 40k good has long since gone elsewhere.

How could Disney make it any worse than GW and their shit writers already did?

Half eldar space marines when?

never again, just like squats

How the fuck do you have leftists infiltrate a group that was always left-leaning to begin with you fucking mong?

You can laugh now, but I bet you anything in five years GW will come up with something even more moronic.

You can always get more progressive. 40k was made by white nerds for white nerds. The current crop of 40k writers aren't even pretending to market the setting to their biggest demographic, but instead pandering to all the leftist pets.

Also, just fucking go back to /tg/ already you Marxist rat.

The 40k writers have also added the Daemonculaba and turned the Salamanders from black people into white people with a skin colour mutation that turns their skin black so they could just not have black people but still have black people without the black people.

All things considered I think 40k writers, despite shitty plots, are doing more okay than most.

Squats are back user. They're mentioned in the rulebook, page 405 (7th edition?), part of the abhumans section along with Ogryn's and Ratlings.

There's also the Demiurg, they kinda filled the role but they were a Tau-aligned species and only got units in Battlefleet Gothic.

I'm still waiting for the answer to what this actually includes, apart from having women and niggers in their books.

But that is simply not true. If a world becomes like or falls too far into any form of degeneracy(much like the eldar) it falls prey to chaos. The imperium doesn't want that. There are levels of dicking around that are not allowed.
Much like many pagan rituals are rooted out else you get shit like the worlds inside the eye of terror.

So they did two good things, likely by accident. That still doesn't excuse the gigantic pile of shit the Hours Heresy is, nor what the Grandmaster gets up to.

Just no, fuck you. Don't even say that in jest.

Yes.

Keep in mind that /tg/ stories have made it into the 40k canon, some of their writers are fairly based.

At least the Eldar are cute unlike those filthy commie Taus.

This thread.

But it is, all a world has to do is worship the Emperor, which in itself can take a multitude of forms and agree to pay the tithe in either taxes, goods, or manpower of some kind.

Not really, they tend to be incorporated into the Imperial Creed at the local level
Sure it'll change certain things around, for example the local sun god or war god will be merged with the Emperor
The ecclesiarchy works very similar to how the Catholics assimilated the pagan religions of Europe

So we backflipping terminators and Slaanesh worshipping Craftworld Eldar then? Good to know.

If GW wasn't full of leftist cuckolds you wouldn't see faggotry or sexual deviancy either allowed or tolerated (both for practical purposes and also because of the inherent connection with Chaos), nor would female guardsmen be a thing.

Yeah, no shit. But what cuckolds that use this argument fail to mention is that there is actually a logistical bottleneck. Traveling through space is not a precise science for the Imperium, and it can take a long time for troops to get shipped where they are needed. This pretty much destroys the "IG as cannon fodder" shit lore. The Imperium can have as many guardsmen as it wants, they're no good to them if they can't ship them to the front reliably.

This means that commanders on the filed can't simply throw these soldiers away in moronic and unnecessary actions (that make no sense anyway because they posses both tanks and airplanes) since they never know when the next shipment of fresh troops is going to be delivered to them. This further means that they need to ship the best quality of troops available to them, not token cunts that wouldn't pass the rigorous training a guardsman has to go through.

This is only a thing because the writers are leftist cucks. It doesn't make a lick of sense in the setting since the Eldar birthed a fucking Chaos deity by being degenerate perverts.

Fucking seriously?

I doubt you've read anything 40k from your words. The worst of the lot of their writers is C.S Goto and he's the worst because he just forgets the lore and gives eldar human tanks to use instead of their own, or MULTILASERS.

No. 40k writers are a giant pile of pussywhipped faggots. Unlike Final Flight Games, who literally have Leigh Alexander writing for them, and Zoe Quinn too iirc.

BE GONE HERETIC

Before you get your hopes up he's not been canon since like 1st or 2nd edition, and no hybrids have been mentioned since.

Which is why they have the Arbites and Inquisition, Commissars and PDF, to keep things in that regard under control.

we are, have you seen DoW 3?

Fanboys like are fucking pathetic. Here you are, defending the poorly written Hours Heresy books with a straight face.

At least I can now safely dismiss every other idiocy that comes out of your mouth.

>‘Typical,’ said Severine. ‘You never read of a maiden rescuing a man from a dragon.’
>‘I guess not,’ agreed Dalia. ‘I suppose it didn’t fit with the times when they were written.’
:^)

He's referring to C.S Goto, who did indeed write about blackflipping Terminators. As faggoty as his is, better him than the Disney treatment.

M8 if a world is found practicing human sacrifices to a daemon of any of the chaos gods or any negative to the imperium entity you can be damn sure they won't just get the deity they worship changed but will have much more severe consequences.
Yes many are incorporated. But you can't incorporate everything.

/tg/, everyone!

I know, I was referring to DoW 3 gameplay videos with Thunderhammer Gabe jumping around

I never defended their quality. In fact I've open said 40k stories are shit. I'd say pay attention but we both know you ignore what people write in favour of just saying what you want.

Back'at'cha boyo. Enjoy this response while you can, it'll be your last. I make it a point not to play with special needs children.

OP is a faggot shill, and the game doesn't give you the feeling of what it would be like to be an Inquistor, No choices of being Ordo Xenos, Malleus, Hereticus, this should have been fucking D3 Space Marine mod.

Cucks gonna cuck I guess.

Oh I've avoided it seeing footage. After seeing the artstyle I decided to opt out of the whole game.

I JUST WANT OFFICIAL 40K SKINS FOR COMPANY OF HEROES, IMPERIAL GUARD VS TRAITOR GUARD, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Apparently a new planet for final liberation would also work

May turn out ok, more interested in pic related however. Hopefully it's Final Liberation 2.0.

so what's the context?

The pathetic warcry of the liberal cuckold. A 40k writer could write a scene where the God Emperor leaps off his throne to suck and swallow miles of nigger cock and you'd still be blubbering about "b-but the context…you have to read the scene in context…it's really b-beautiful"

Oh I'm sorry I don't have as many posts on my account as you. Would you like me to stick around and shitpost some more so I can increase this arbitrary number for you?

I must be the only person who hates the Space Wolves colour scheme, baby blue isn't threatening in the slightest it's down right laughable, they look like a chapter of toddlers who escape day care.

She is reading from a book by Hans Christian Andersen, which was written in the 19th century. So yea, it really didn't fit in with the times back then because it was the fucking 1800s.

I've seen it and that is exactly where you get to when you allow too much freedom to the authors.
See the escalation people are allowing here:

People are retarded and so are authors. Some just want as many women as possible in their books, others want physics defiant action, others as much gays are possible in books.
I hope the setting survives longer so I can enjoy it a bit more.

Nobody likes ninjaflipping terminators. There is no escalation. Nice strawman though.

>>>/reddit/

If not, mods will fix it, hopefully. Titanium Wars had a lot of Codex paints included, and they looked way better than the ones that came with the game.

Oh user never allow these words to pass your mouth unless they're blatantly sarcastic.

it is retarded though i agree

I've argued with at least 2 different people who genuinely liked the idea of it. They simply don't care.

I doubt it, Armageddon made by the same studio was kinda shit.

Well, normalfags on Youtube seem to like it but they are hardly a standard to go by.

So, basically, the context is "It's the current millenium, I don't even…".

Bravo, keep proving /tg/ are bottom bitches.

I linked a vid here:

Looks like nobody cares about it.

They couldn't even ape Panzer General right. And the DLC kikery is through the roof.

Nobody gave a shit for Armageddon either. I liked the idea, but the execution was beyond terrible.

I hope we have a variety of races to choose from and gods to worship. That would conflict heavily with the story though, right?

It was horribly priced and limited as a game. That said if they get proper skirmishes here this could end up a good game.

if they have dark humor and it is subtle it could be good. Maybe a wise cracking heretic that is quickly killed? Maybe that could be your foyrth wall blocker. Maybe rob schineder could do the voice, ""man these cultists sure like ragged clothing."

If there are mods, that colour scheme is the first one to go, I don't like it either.

Hopefully they learned something from Armageddon. Gameplay looks ok, effects are rough though, and anything past Furries and Orks is going to be (paid) DLC. Wish someone made Men of Warhammer or Graviteam Tactics: Warhammer Edition.

Yeah, Armageddon was incredibly half-assed at every level except unit variety. The AI sucks, the balance sucks, mission variety doesn't exist. It's like they had a good thing going on but just said fuck it halfway through.

What is wrong with Van Hellsing again (other than the bad skill balance but that is most ARPGs) I am playing Final cut right now and enjoying it quiet a lot

It's just not standing out in any way from all the other Diablo2-likes. It's not bad, just not as good as, say, Grim Dawn.

Judge Dredd, or at least the earlier comics, are grimdark and humor done right. But yeah, a game where you play an Arbites would be fun.

I still dream of a IG game with the meaty, visceral visuals of the first Company of Heroes, but with a dynamic campaign and units that gain experience and can be customized.

but if a Tyranid Hive or orks or any other danger break through that vast empire is just a vast buffet table.

If Chaos could take hold in a core world…

You know that could be a good storyline, Abbadon gets new robotic arms and becomes a threat to the core worlds.

C'mon now user, you can only stretch suspension of disbelief only so far.

True it is compareable to Torchlight 2 however. I do like that you can switch difficulty on the fly and the steampunk setting. It is a game i would rate 8/10 myself

I was looking forward to this, when I thought it was going to be a third person RPG, don't give a shit about it now, not even going to pirate

It really wouldn't be that hard. A mod team would have already done it if not for GW IP Commissars.

Maybe we could press them on it? I mean existing engine, existing IP, proven fan base. The danger the boardroom might see is taking money from DOW3 which will probably have 40,000 pieces of DLC. "change the main character's socks: 9.99USD" but man if we could get a real cultist vs IG story. make a new planet and make a story about cultists taking over. boom a real meta campaign for the first time. could even have a capitol map that retains damages between fights.

I am excited about this non existent game.

I gave him robot arms because he is armless. Maybe Abbadon will get terminator armor and the double jump attack that goes with it?

Maybe Abbadon could get space aids and kill people that way? Maybe Abbadon could be "shattered" and spread about the empire to make little cults focused about his corpse bits?
Maybe Abbadon could write mean messages about the corpse chair sitter?

Looks alright

Kill yourself

You forget that GW is run by retards that are proud they do no market research and think the majority of people buy their miniatures because they like collecting them.

That would do more damage than anything he's done since the Great Crusade.

This. You also have YouTubers like Arch who openly make things up that doesn't help

Please, /tg/, please don't make me lose the last shreds of respect I have for you. I still fondly remember the pocket universe computer thread, but I guess that era is gone and all we are left with is you cuckolds.

What a pathetic way to shit up on a glorious legacy.

can't we trick them somehow? if they worship Mammon couldn't we make them think CoH would help them sell miniatures?

Abbadon, after disappointments and defeats, turns to full time trolling. "Grim dark fits, robotics pants of shit." "The machine spirit is a lie." "Stop the Caddian pipeline." " Slanneesh has some god ideas!"
How would abbadon troll? would he just post slow poke since he is not good at things?

Maybe someone could take Abbadon to paint pottery to build his confidence up?

You're trying too hard.

the only people who think pol are everywhere are pol. Plenty of other people came here and I bet some of them are tired of pol's own version of Abbadon the Armless: Hitler of the Twelve Year Reich. Hitler the One Ball, Hitler the Gassy, Hitler the Meth Tweaker, Hitler the Betrayer of Prussia, Hitler the Manlet, Hitler the Brief.

This is literally "Can we just ban Holla Forums already" the fucking thread.

This fucking board has become such a fucking cesspit that we can't even talk Battletech or 40K without you faggots sperging out and bitching about "MUH RACIAL PURITY". Go back to your fucking containment board on cuckchan you colossal fucking faggots.

Damn, you sure have a lot of buzzwords.
Don't think that respect of cult member worth that much.

Adolf "metal boxes" Hitler

cry some more, chaos scum

The problem isn't Holla Forums, it's a specific subset of cancerous nazi larpers who deem anything isn't 100% "fash" as "cucked".

I agree user, what negative things could proud Aryans such as me and you have to say about pics related?

Nobody in the related thread argued that this is good design.

I have only one thing to say

Funny how all threads with /tg/ related shit are full of leftist apologists. Coincidence, right?

Don't really like how weightless units look when they die. Looks goofy and stupid.

Know what? Good. I like this. Know why? It fucking triggers you fucking faux-nazi cucks who wouldn't have the guts to pull the fucking trigger. It pisses you off and gets you all triggered and flustered, leading you to shit up threads and generally drive more people AWAY from your retarded shit.

Shitting up every thread you see like a fucking turboautist whose tardwrangler refused to give him candy doesn't convert more people to your bullshit cult, it drives them away.

Here's the crazy thing ni/gg/er, we aren't trying to convert anyone. This is the ass end of the internet with a userbase of about 2500 anons, you don't come here seeking enlightenment or whatever.

just wait for the catch of the day dubsman

Funny how as usual the complaint crowd brought up *fascist white emperor* and then demands a Holla Forums ban, huh ?

Cutting off the nose to spite face, eh? That's not a proper answer either.

Aren't these inner sphere cucks though, meaning they almost get wiped out by clans of an aryan super-race

what

The Clans lose though. Also, not only did they have to go to the literal ass end of the setting to find a shithole big enough to (barely) justify all the racemixing, they also had to come up with a Mary Sue noble house of mongrels for shit and giggles.

Harebrained deliberately went out of their way to stage the story in the irrelevant periphery, went into this amount of detail about the ancestry of the characters, and then come to me, a white, heterosexual man, and expect me to pay them for it. Why the fuck would I do that? Why would anyone with a functioning brain support this kind of shitty behavior?

Do they think I fucking want to know about these people and interact with them? What the fuck kind of world do we live in where smug leftist shitstains think they can keep getting away with it?

Depending on the sector, he's not wrong. The Clans invade and either murder or enslave all Inner Sphere scum in their territory.

yes, but they are hardly aryan in any sense

Here's what annoys me the most about stormkikes and 40k as a lorefag.

The whole MUH RACIAL PURITY that stormkikes go on about in regards to 40k doesn't even make sense. In 40k, all the races have already merged together and shit long ago, then by the diaspora of the Stellar Exodus and the following colonization of the galaxy, new ones came about instead. The entire theme of the fucking setting is about the survival of the species.

The Imperium isn't even fascist to compound matters, it's more aptly described as a massive confederation and oligarchy at the top most level.

Sure they have. That's why there's all these blonde, white, blue eyed people walking around, right?

Leave it to a leftist faggot to not understand how genetics work or what recessive means.

Well they have to lose because it's fiction and they're the "bad guys" but it sure does take a fucking long time to actually do it in which a lot of things don't go well for utopian pricks

anyway don't worry about their dumbass behaviour, in fact you should be happy they're this willing to out themselves and dig their own graves. Just keep gathering their shit like you have been doing so their bullshit is not allowed to fade and can be weaponised against them

says a lot famalam

And they're barely human thanks to centuries of controlled breeding and genetic fuckery.

indeed, there's a reason "freebirth" is an insult

I'm planning to make a thread about it in a few days to make sure no one on Holla Forums looking forward to the game gets to actually enjoy the anticipation. It's near the Christmas season after all, no reason for some of us to stay happy.

Pathetic. Even Holla Forums is better than this.

Funny you would use that exact board as a comparison :^)

post some

I wouldn't be too sure about that if I were you

t. gw exec

with the way this year has been that would just be par for the course.

Why you mindless, pseudo humans have to push political agenda into everything like its some kind of dick measuring contest? Go back to your contaiment boards.

How do you do, fellow kids?
I am telling, not showing! Do I fit in yet?

Because leftists started it and show no sign of stopping. How about you fuck off to /tg/ and stay there if you want to discuss 40k away from the icky Holla Forumslacks?

This is one war I don't want to see last 40,000 years/

the leftist did start it though
see

I'd just like to let you know that you terminally derailed this thread and are an unbearable faggot

honestly 8/tg/ has been doing pretty well to remain apolitical, they even spent some time cleaning up 1d4chan which burnt out some sjw infestation.

Totally not samefagging, eh?

Who the hell is that narrator, I've heard him in a load of game trailers. Styx, Deathwing, this one, Technomancer, etc.

Their attitudes line up more with 4cuck. If they're on this website then it's for disingenuous reasons.

wew lad
your autism is fucking cancerous

Turned to shit when goons and rebbit cucks came about.

I'm sad and livid at the same time.
I mean, you could go the RTS approach and go CoH, you could go tactical squad FPS like SWAT4/R6.

I mean, I'm glad we're getting more than just space marines, and I dig the theme of inquisition agents Mainly because of Dark Heresy , but fuck me where's the rest of the armies to play? Just on DoW? A bit tiring.
The closes thing we got to a Twin Stick Shooter for W40k is either Killteam, which is shit, or Helldivers, which could be called Catachan Devils: The game.

It would probably take 3-4 iterations of a Tecmo Koei made series to cover and include everything.

Be glad we;ve finally gotten out of the "ONLY SPACE MARINES AND ALWAYS SPACE MARINES" phase.

Spess Mehrines is what is most known about 40k. Any normalfag seeing IG will just go "What is dis, another CoD in space??"

Fuck you, I got Firewarrior because it actually looked interesting, back when I was a stupid as fuck child.
The game is shit, but it did go the extra mile to be unique and instead go with something else than space marines. Hell, you fight and kill them.
Although it's representation of bolters in it is spot on. Better than Space Marine's version. 3 or 4 shots onto an astartes and they drop.

I, too, bought Fire Warrior because I was a Taufag back then

genuinely not, i stuck my head in because i was hoping to talk about how this is the type of game (action rpg) with an imperial inquisitor at the helm that streum wanted to make, but of course gee dubbs responded to that with "Me want sphess mehrn, SPHESS MERHN!"

that's just silly user, go look on the board list to see whats there.
regardless of your political opinions /tg/ is (and ought to be) one of the more benign things on 8ch, they do discuss politics when it is directly related to /tg/ stuff. such as the HH books that were mentioned earlier in this thread.

But why was it brought up out of the blue by an user (4e4b38) who thinks van hellsing was good and is wrong, its bland as shit because another user (9a073e) pointed out that their writing wasn't funny.

which is haram enough for this user to start shitposting hard enough to wake up omar

which is why they went and cleaned it up some they couldnt fix a lot of things because wikifag autism is advanced autism

an IG game in the style of SWAT4 sounds pretty good, though that sounds more appropriate for an arbites or deathwatch game.

Also

I'd take it.
Really, I would. You'd just have to clone CoD1 to 3, set it in different planets, in battleships, etc. NOT make it any actual CoD in spehss.

Check IDs mang. I said Helsing was alright and somewhat funny, the other user said NO UR WRONG FUCK U to which I replied that I prefer 40K to be self-aware and not super duper maximum edge grimdark like, as I said, a certain subset of Holla Forumsacks think it ought to be. 40K's grimdarkness was always intended to be something of a parody.

But that isn't true. The change into grimdarkland was made long ago.

Which Codex or Rulebook edition do you mean by this?

For as shitty as the game is right now, I think Streum On got the approach right and making it a L4D style of game works best with the theme.
Could work. Macing every fuck in the head would rock a lot.

Another game that would work is a classic style of adventure games with the Inquisition and ACTUALLY depicting their investigations. Pretty much take the concept Eisenhorn took and make it actually good. Because fuck me the voice acting, aside from Eisenhorn himself, is terrible. And so is the combat.

You specifically wrote "I would rather have a mildly self-aware WH40k game than the "muh fascism emperor save the white race lol" idiocy that is common with Warhammer """fans""" around here." if you cannot see why that would derail you have not been paying attention to your surroundings.
also as they went from awesome 80's metal as fuck scifi to grimderp in the 90's when Gorkamorka died so did fun.

If theres one thing we can all agree on its the need for more Gorkamorka

Fuck yeah.
But GW is fucking shit so it won't happen.
Imagine an Ork death race game.
Fuck that'd be the most metal.

Where's the goddamn Kal Jerico game? You play as Kal Emperordamn Jerico, bounty hunter and rogue. You're like Geralt crossed with Han Solo in one of the worst shitholes in the Imperium, the underhive of Necromunda's Hive Primus. Explore the Hive, bottom of the underhive sumps to the top of the spire. Track and catch criminals, dead or alive. Ruin a nigga's day with twin laspistols, dueling saber, or the help of some allies. Use your charm to disarm and collect panties, make allies with locals, do morally questionable shit.

Bonus missions could allow you to play as the Cardinal Crimson and go purging heretics in His most holy name or explore disused sections of the hive and recover old archeotech weapons formerly owned by nobility.

you were the one that brought up politics in a thread that was originally apolitical, and yet you and your ilk are the ones who complain the most that things devolve into political shitposting.

I think they inspired themeselves on pic related.
Also, mutants are a thing in 40k, in the imperium, they are either gulag'd, sent underground or burned at stakes for people's amusement.

Dont forget 2nd pic.

It has always been like that, you reverse SJW, stop pretending your fan fiction of what the 40k universe is its canon and that GW is getting pozzed for having things that trigger you.

The difference here, is that those things you just mentioned go against stablished rules in the universe, while your constant bitching about 40k being sjw have never contradicted the rules of the setting and if anything make imperial administration make more sense.

You keep pulling shit out of your ass and pretend its a fact.
It has never been mentioned that female IG cant pass basic training, if anything, it is mentioned they are normally support regiments instead of field ones.
And no, having space homos its not some super leftist heresy!
Faggots have always existed and will keep popping up in humanity, in teh imperium it is not considered a common or correct thing to do (so no fag enabling), homever, people just ignore it because that doesnt affect the imperium.
Drilling your bunkmate's asshole doesnt feed slanees, since slaneesh isnt fueled by sexual relations, EXCESS fuels slaneesh, hence why it is the prince of excess.
Being gay in 40k=/=being a slaneesh cultist, again, read up your lore and stop making shit up.

M8, you play as the inquisition, we would need a black crusade game for that.

They are atleast 37 milleniums in the future if my grasp of the imperial calendar is ok and have settled all kinds of planets with all kinds of climates, not to mention we dont even know the condition of terra before people started colonizing space.

Havent been on the inferior chan since 2011, just dislike faggots pretending that 40k is Holla Forums the setting and calling the people that actually play the games and care about the lore cucks.

Im afraid its far from over until we get something that isnt just super buff totally not space marines killing shit and get more stuff from the universe.

Or the stormtroopers/scions.

Lately they are improving a bit though, im still highly suspicius of GW.

Id rather have a redeemer game.

lore cuck

Thats a nice way of saying that you dont know shit about 40k and only care about the pretty pictures.

Good thing we are on Holla Forums and not Holla Forums, right?

Nigger, i support trump, so you arent triggering me.
And comparing him to the emperor is unfair for poor donald, he would need to do a whole lot more of what he is capable of to even reach deus-imperatore status.

if this was Holla Forums I would be banned

but user didn't you know that homos are the ultimate chaos worshipers?
After all the end goal of the marxist entities in the warp is the spreading of homosexuality and women serving in the imperial guard
It's also a known fact that GW is secretly a communist organization trying to spread their leftist filth through their games

Really makes you think

If you could rewrite that sentence into a proper one that would be great, because even in your native language it would not be a proper sentence.

If you think that sending women on the front lines in large numbers is not negative to an army you have issues.
Same if you believe mixed regiments on the front lines are good thing.
Same if you insist, as the buttblaster above does, that gay AIDS worlds exist. Note that the user above didn't say gay tolerant worlds, he specifically said GAY AIDS WORLDS.

40k lore has taken hits over the years and I don't think there is any room for debate on that

Army conduct is strict. The IG used to follow that. Buttblasters openly buttblasting in the sleeping quarters is not something a strict army should tolerate and they will by far the first targets of any chaos infiltration for beyond obvious reasons of indulging in excess. No your level-headed perfect lala-homo man is not the norm for faggots.

Additionally I must question your need for faggots in 40k. Does it bother you that the setting normally doesn't have them in it ? Do you specifically pursue an author that writes them ?
40k is millitary/humanity over xeno fanwank, not gay fanwank. Why do you want gays in army sci-fi so bad ?

That'd be a Nurgle world in about 3 seconds.

this is a great example of the typical retard who finds larian writing funny.

Do tell, what part of it dont you understand?
1) Its a small part of the guard.
2) they are normally support regiments.
3) it 40k, it isnt a real life battlefield.
4) that means extra regiments that are willing and able (since they are all teh best of their PDF) to serve the guard withouth any forced conscription that results in sub-par regiments.
5) they can be used to repopulate planets afterwards if the regiment isnt delpoyed somewhere else, or replenish the numbers of the regiment (this is very common with cadian regiments, hence the existence of the cadian whiteshields).
Are you seriusly this autistic?
Her making fun of you man, he exageratting for comedic effect.
Allright, then, please tell me, wich edition is the one you say didnt have any darkies or women?
Wich one is the one you believe is the "proper" 40k?
As i said, the loer says people ignore them because they cause no problems whatsoever to the imperium, the guard or the imperial creed, wich isnt roman catholicism, wich you apparently believe.
But that isnt true, homosexuality is not excess, it is deviancy, now, if you had one flaming faggot getting railed by 5 other faggots at once, THAT is excess, not what 2 people do in their privacy.
There is no need, people dont really care about it, and gives more choices for roleplaying since a BIG part of 40k is "your guys".
The setting says that they arent common, the problem here is YOU making a huge fuzz about it.
Humanity in 40k would still have buttblasters and carpet munchers, the same as we have always had, or do you believe they magically appeared in the 19th century?
But it is not?
The imperium is that, you have ALL THE OTHER factions in 40k, wich goes to show how clueless and uninterested you are in the setting beyong fapping to your right thinking.
Wich has never been, there has never been any book, codex, character or supplement about a super homo having space adventures!
Why do you want sci-fi to be only allowed to do what you consider right thinking so bad?

Why don't they just have faggots be worshipers of Slaanesh anyway? That would at least make sense.

this goy has given geedubs a lot of his shekels over the years.

Too many liberal faggot aidsboys shitting up warhammer threads lately.

Because slaneesh isnt the god of anything that isnt sex for the sake of reproction, its the god of excess, bumdrilling isnt excess.

Have a nice (you).

how does the Deathwatch rank among pleb chapters? They have always been my favorite.

They are not a chapter, they are a space marine task force tht work with the ordo xenos.
They are composed of the best marines on different roles, for example, the best crimson fist assault marine, that also happens to be an expert on fighting orks?
To the deathwatch it goes!

Just pointing out to any lurkers that anyone who has contributed to Tom Kirby's retirement fund in return for the privilege of being fucked in the ass by endless price hikes and ever lowered game and lore quality is not someone they need to listen to on any subject.

faggots really have nothing to do except shitting up warhammer threads, huh?

I thought that counted as a sort of temporary chapter due to some Space Marines staying with it.

That why you pirate and buy from the chinamanz, friendo.

That's not how chapters work
They're strictly a rotational force loaned to the Ordos Xenos

Reread it. It's pretty obvious.
Pretty sure they are frontliners in the cain novels as comedic as they may be.
There is no specific lore that describes whiteshields as members of mixed regiments. In fact recruiting them happens on worlds, not by spawning them mid flight.
You say it yourself.
Having talked to enough gays I can tell you this: they ain't exaggerating anything. If they get the chance they will do it.
What do darkies and women have to do with women on the frontlines? I have nothing against support unit of CUNTS, nor NIGGERS being used as cannon fodder.
But when you make the only imperial knight unit a female for no apparent reason like in DoW3 I know you have an agenda there.
Where did I imply there are no KANGS regiments ? There probably are, I just want nothing to do with them.
Editions are less influenced by politics and thus less fucked. What is truly fucked are the books.
I not catholic and I will still not tolerate fags openly fagging in my army sci-fi.
Ere we go again with normal level minded fag. 90% of fags are NOT normal level minded people who keep to themselves. In fact most have more sexual partners than you and me combined. Pozzing wouldn't be a thing if your belief was true.
Pretty sure fag roleplayers are rare if they exist at all.
Said butt blasters and carpet cunts wouldn't be lining up for army roles you twat. No commisar would want them.
Oh yeah ? Who is the one going batshit about *WHITE SUPERMACY DURRR* when people don't like fags ?
We are talking IG, not any other race if that isn't obvious by now. I fully expect homo dark eldar.
So why are you defending fags this badly in this setting ?
Because we are headed into the depths of PC shit. With women in power, governors, chief tech priests, best assasins, best IG troops, best pilots, best imperial knight pilots, best inquisitors, best psychers, best anything.
And you are sitting on the side and saying: It's fine bro, u still get ur millitary sci-fi :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Fuck you and cunts like you that allow more and more of this cancer. You are missing the entire reason why people like IG.
Fuck you !

Well of course, the IG brings the best out of what it can find unless if many, many blood bags can be filtered to the battle
Which is why you have Guardsmen who are only a notch Below Space Marines in regards to shooting skill, and are the same in Veterans, and then you have flimsy Conscripts
That said Commissars aren't retarded as even though they're the 3rd highest teir of humanity they have huge bravery issues

Any good Commisar would give them the same treatment that they give to pussies among their ranks

English isnt my mother lenguage.
So you havent read the novels.
The valhallan 597th regiment was formed of two different regiments.
The 301st wich were shock troops and all male, and the 296th, wich was a support regiment and all female, they were formed after the losses both regiments suffered against the tyranids.
Whiteshields are young people that cant serve in the IG yet, they can be either militians or the children of cadian regiments.
Only cadians use whiteshields as far as i know, correct me if im wrong.
Well, im pretty sure there is a huge difference im morale and competence between trained soldiers that want to join the imperial guard and random guys that were conscripted to the IG.
but you have no way of knowing if that guy is gay, from my point of view hes exagerating shit for making fun of people.
I still fail to see what triggers you so much about female IG regiments, they are not the majority of it (in fact, they are far from it), they are normally support regiments and they give the players/authors a wider array of characters to use.
That completely up to the people making DoW 3, GW only receives money from them to use the license, they arent involved in the creation of the game.
Youre saying that like if there was some sort of gay pride parade on terra each year, guardsman sucking plastic dicks on guard and they were enabled by people, when it fact, they are rare and they are meant to be kept in secrecy.
I highly doubt that, but im not going to argue about that in a 40k thread.
Gay people in 40k apparently have no chaos affiliation at all, thats why the comissariat, inquisition, arbites and ministorum just leave them be.
Oh believe me they do, and you dont have to be a fag to play a homosexual, roleplaying isnt about self inserting yourself in the setting, is about playing shit you find interesting.
Why not? they certanly do today, and i cant talk about past armies since we have no written records about that, and i would never call romans and greeks faggots because for them, sodomizing affeminate men was manly as fuck.
A comissar is not in charge of recruitment, hes there to be a political officer and keeping the regiment on check, also, as long as they do their job, they wouldnt be violating any codes of the IG, go read the imperial infantryman's uplifting premier.
Then in that case youre still wrong, since all regiments arent death korps of krieg, just look up the savlar chem dogs.
Certanly not me, check poster IDs.
Because their existence is logical and does not violate any of the rules of the setting at all.
But we are not, games workshop keeps the setting as grimmdark and hopeless as it has always been, in fact, they have been against positive discrimination and hiring women because they have vaginas for years.
The quantity of female special snowflakes is over shadowed by the quantity of male snowflakes, seriusly, read more of the books.
Im an IG fag and im not triggered by this, neither do i see things changing at all with 40k.
Again, that has nothing to do with GW.

This too if they dont man up and hold the fucking line.

It might not be excess but it still is Nurgle worship

Not as long as theyre catching and spreading plagues on porpouse, or else any random hiver with crotchrot would be worshiper of nurgle aswell.

Not really because there is no reason for males to be feminine in a universe with never ending war

It happened in our world.
Besides, most of the imperium is far away from any war, but we only see the places where shit hits the fan, it wouldnt be interesting to see the story of bob the potato farmer that goes all the sundays to church and likes to drive his tractor around.

It happened in peaceful times
And if an Inquisitor drops by on a planet with even the hint of degeneracy and heresy he will likely call exterminatus

Im prett sure there are still homos in wartime.
And again, most of the imperium is peacefull (well, as peacefull as you can get in teh imperium).
Homosexuality isnt considered heresy in neither the imperial creed nor the letitio divinitatus.
Besides, there are other imperial insititutions that handle civilian life.
Inquisitors cant go around declaring exterminatus so lightly, there are other inquisitors in charge of regulating the inquisition.

So you want a wh40k game that's not really wh40k?

at this point abbadon should just be killed off and replaced by someone without a tenthousand year history of pure fucking failure. seriously, how in the everliving fuck is he holding on to command?

But thats not 40k.
The imperium is not fascist and is about the whole of mankind ruling the galaxy.

40k isn't self-aware either, unless I missed something.

This.

I r8 your b8 8/8 for getting this many replies.

Not as much as it was on the rogue trader days, but it still is, look at the second picture in here
Thats GW making fun of imperial bureucracy in the codex.

Well nevermind me then.

Also, check this, its an official GW page.
regimental-standard.com/

regimental-standard.com/2016/11/10/the-abhuman-and-you/

That is an uncommonly large guardsman.

These comments sound suspiciously like the last dev who took over development of Chapter Master then dropped it cus it was too fascist and racist and all that garbage.

t. Holla Forums

If the Imperium of Man was real, I do think that it would be really fascist right now. like this user said here , yes it would be possible for different planets to have their own systems and shit. Now, I have to admit that I don't know too much about the games and I haven't read a lot of the books because I don't know where to find them for free, but based on what I did read, right now shit is fucked for mankind. Space greenskins, swarm of creatures that eat everything on their paths, fucking demons, robots, space elf and all kind of ill shit is coming at Mankind from all sides. Because of all the fuckery that's going on in the Imperium right now, the leaders would definitely go full fascist and take total control in order to assume shit runs smoothly

The thing its that it is not possible for the imperium to go fascist, they cannot administrate such a MASSIVE empire, also they have many, many logistical problems.
The current system of the imperium is the best they can have, since they cant handle all of that control.

Yes they can go fascist, but as you said, it would be extremely ineffective because who the fuck could manage such a huge amount of humans and data. They would take control, but it would be a clusterfuck. Pretty much like the USSR

I remember them seeing frontline action. That about covers my memory on the regiment.
Proving my point.
Yes ofcourse. And pozzing is a mean joke probably too.
Because my dear blind to reality friend. They seem to pop up in a lot of books for a very rare regiment.
The people working on DoW3 get everything approved or not approved by GW. Director's words.
Maybe the last time the US army was forced to march in heels in a *he for she* campaing was lost on you or when specific army spotlight was given to tranny soldiers was lost on you too, but things get out of hand pretty damn fast.
Oh yes. Those organizations would be extremely happy with bumblasters during long millitary campaigns. Why didn't I think of that.
Interest in bumblastery is not that common m8, but granted not forbidden either.
Granted he is not. But to keep morale among troops he is not obliged to tolerate buttblastery either.

Ok here I have a real problem. A part of modern gay agenda is to shove fags anywhere and everywhere possible regardless of setting or need. Some authors serve right into that, by shoving them into anything they do.
I do not see the purpose of them being in a 40k IG book. And it's pretty much a gurantee that the author has deep feelings about them to put them in the first place. I would personally avoid such an author given the chance.
Given many of the BL books and including some of the HH ones, that is a lie. In fact it is expected to meet more females in the HH books, with how many high ranked people are females in there.
Oh but I have. The amount of super-duper genius techpriest adepts who solve the corruption code, or the females with relevations, female fleet admirals, chief techpriests on Calth and etc is only mounting.
And needlessly so.
Approved by GW =/= nothing to do with GW.

See, you make it all sound normal. It is not.

I don't see why they'd give a fuck. There isn't a single line about any imperial organization stating that being a fag is against the imperial party line, more than likely they turn a blind eye to it, like they turn a blind eye to guardsmen gambling, making moonshine, fucking whores etc. They punish the worst offenders for show if it gets out of hand but that's about it. The attitude among officers probably varies depending on world's culture and regimental traditions but your assumption that commissars or the ministorum specifically target fags "to keep morale among troops" has zero support in the lore, you just made it up because you think it should be true.

Eh… Van Hellsing was pretty meh

That is the joke user, "trying and failing". Whole thing is a parody of '80s-'90s Britian.

welp

I suppose I underestimated the reaction a negative comment about Holla Forums would cause.

Some books specifically include higher ups going after gamblers, whore hierarchies and etc. to restore ships into a proper fighting force and not let it rot as a gang millitary structure.

I don't see why they'd give a fuck about fags specifically, unless it's unacceptable in the world's culture and even then commissars and ministorum are outside the normal IG hierarchy and we have zero fluff about their overall stance on it. So yeah maybe in some cases it's tolerated and in others it's not but the idea that commissars, ministorum etc are OBVIOUSLY against fags by default has zero support in the lore.

This looks really bad.

I think gays aren't people.

But this pic is talking about halfchan

again

I don't think that's an actual feature. More of a fancy way of explaining a point.

The only form the issue is ever adressed in the official 40k lore is with the Salamanders. And they have pitch black skin with coal like texture and glowing red fucking eyes.

I really hope they bring back Khorneholio

Oh my god why the fuck have you idiotic pieces of shits invaded my fucking favorite hobby I've had since I was fucking eleven with your stupid leftist vs facist bullshit. You are all assholes. The first guy for sounding like a fucking television mouthpiece and the rest of you for sperging out so hard you reveal your own personal bias that 40k has some modern politik to go along with it. Guess what? It's all about weird, stupid, cool shit.

Its politics is ingrained in the fucking eighties. The biggest Ork warboss was named after Margaret fucking Thatcher. Stupid tongue-in-cheek political shit is encouraged but the serious "40k must represent my political stance" drivel is assbackwards as hell. Want to piss of a leftist? Point out the Death Korp of Krieg. Want to piss off a person you think's a facist? Remind them of what happened to Van Goge when all of his bullshit caught up to him.

Holla Forums and Holla Forums, fuck off. I have my own politics but holy shit I'm not looking into every last one of my fantasy settings to make sure they fall in line with them. You're like two idiots fighting by a buffet table, you have to fling all the great food everywhere and in the end nobody's happy and nobody gets to eat.

The only answer to appeal to a mass market balanced between left and right is to make the most bland, uninteresting shit ever. Learn to take your fucking lumps. The Imperium is a militaristic oligarchy. It cares only about the resources it can use to continue to defend humanity against enemies at every front. Star systems could be run by drawing a name out of a hat and calling that person Big Dick Pimp Extrodinaire For Life and as long as that fucker gave the Imperium it's resources and accepts the state religion, he's a-okay in the High Lords' various books and logic circuits.

I'm fucking triggered, you cunts. Stop ruining everything I like with this bullshit.

I'm so pissed I didn't even proofread and now going over it I'm noticing all the stupid spelling and grammar errors. You fuckers took away my personal editorial standards. I'll never forgive you.

Oh shit we have Philippe Boulle over here. Stop ruining 40k by thinking that anything goes as long as it's stupid and cool.
That's the approach of a retard to 40k and got us flying angelos.
Die !

Okay so just to be clear you want me to think the thing I've loved for over a decade isn't cool and should not try to be cool? Of course there's a balance, the thing that makes 40k so appealing is that even though humanity is beset on all sides by horrors, hostile xenos, and general unrest humanity is still here, clinging on by its teeth, and telling the rest of the galaxy to keep fucking trying to kill us, you fucking cunts, we're still here.

I don't want werewolf marines or plot armored toilet fuckers, fights should be hard and over the top, but within the realm of realism that's already long established in the setting. The Horus Heresy series is cringe-worthy despite it covering the major events semi-decently.

If some crazy marine straps a meltabomb to his chest and charges at the enemy warboss with the name of the Emperor on his lips, he better die a bitch's death because that's what that kind of dumbass move would get you in war: shot in the head from a distance.

If the marine has his entire squad killed, is injured himself, his power armor is shot through and busted, and he's half-dead but manages to pull out a krak grenade and shove it down the sneering throat of some meganob combing the battlefield for survivors and loot, that sounds pretty cool and within the realm of possibility in 40k.

E's a big umie.

For you, xenos scum.