Terraria

You already know what this shit is.

Server-side characters. Use /register then /login when you get in.

Version 1.3.4.4
Port 136.62.84.129
Port 7777
Expert world.

I don't recommend storing shit in the defender's forge right now. Looks like it's got some problems with SSC and is deleting shit. If you put stuff there, do it at your own peril.

Have fun, kids.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#!dJRTVKTK!0Yne_Vqdi79iErU6hlMcFFoLgp246qCgZ0qatEyIW2o
yal.cc/r/terrasavr/
yal.cc/r/terrasavr/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking. It's version 1.3.4.3, mb.

So I've been out of the loop for a little while, what's new?

How long is a while? We got the underground desert update which is pretty neat, and a crossover update that's a bit grindy but overall okay. pseudo-summoner equipment for earlygame but good fucking luck building around it.

That sounds like all I missed out on. Last time I played it was in the spring or summer.

/register then /login to this *whips out dick*

made me chuckle 10/10

Yeah that should be about it.

Bump. Come and play, fags.

Make an end game server I feel like fucking around with some faggots.

Got two people on and a bunker. It's comfy for now.

I too love servers that live for 2 hours and then die after people get bored of shooting shit.

Feel bad for you fam

It really stops being fun after the first time hour.

For you

Git gud.

Way to fuck up the op.

who cares xD

My autism does.

ITS NOT WORKING user

I never played Terraria. Is there a guide or quick intro I should read before starting or do I just dive in? What would be some initial goals?

Read the wiki and ask people on the server.

initial goal is build the comfiest place you can

Turn the enemy limit down mate in a goblin invasion the amount of goblins is fucking insane

I don't mind SSC but on the last Holla Forums server you couldn't even start a party without OP permission let alone summon bosses.

Another reason I don't play new game servers. Casuals usually make up the majority of them.

But Terraria endgame is kind of shallow unless it's a comfy build server.

They usually are. I prefer building meme shrines and then just summoning wave after wave of enemies to fight. Seriously OP stop being a fag and get one going. Server side inventory is cancer.

I know it's a reference to that really fucking creepy tranny webcomic but still.

How to make a water world without Endless Bucket?

You make a generator. I can make em easy but you're probably better off just getting the admin to edit the water in.

OP blease come on the serber

Isn't there a single player? Not planning on talking to others.

dont you make a pachinko machine and use pumps?

i fixed it as much as i could. sorry fam.
d4c loves you

How far along are you? I might just drop in?

IMO it's better to experience the game in singleplayer first, or with a friend you know. People in servers tend to rush the fuck out of all the bosses and progression so you won't be able to enjoy it at your own pace and you'll miss out on stuff. And good luck building anything without getting left behind in progression.

The "goal" in the game mostly involves killing bosses, since they tend to unlock new things. Exploring the world is how you find materials and equipment to beat bosses and build things with. Talk to the guide, and whenever you get a new item that says "material" in the description, give it to the guide so you can see what is possible to craft from it. You need to build rooms for NPCs to move in, they need a door, fully sealed background wall, chair, table and a light source.

DO NOT PLAY MEDIUMCORE
Softcore sounds like a casual choice just because of the name, but mediumcore and hardcore really don't add anything but frustration to the game.
While expert mode might sound like a good idea because of extra drops and stuff, it can be pretty tedious because enemies have a ton of health.

In all honesty the best way to get the benefit of expert is to create a small expert world and go there with a Chlorophyte+ character and grind for goodies.

expert mode was pretty much exactly what i wanted, but something hard and mediumcore didnt provide. i might say its less tedious even because enemies drop so much cash, and i think drop rates are higher too.
also, when playing with friends i found it annoying that we could just stumble our way through bosses just by respawning, but with the increased respawn time during boss fights we have to take it more seriously and undeserved victories dont come as easily.

I enjoy playing on expert regularly, but I remember my first experience with it was "holy fuck these enemies are immortal". At the time I felt like yo-yos were the only effective weapon in expert because they can rapidly hit and knock back the enemies.

with how much cash they throw at you id recommend grenades until theyre obsolete. especially if you can raid a pyramid or find a portal to midas' asshole

Where is everybody?

I'm guessing it's because it's already hardmode. Comfy little base though.

We're not in hardmode yet

Then why is there cobalt in the world?

Admins brainfart of somesort to spawn hardmode ores into world before. It's edited world, both crimson and corruption, also edited values for life crystals. Not sure about other chances.

Oh.
How far have you progressed so far?

We just pretty much cleared dungeon.

I'll try to get on tomorrow because I need sleep now.

Server going down for a bit.

fug DD–:

How much longer will it be offline

Not bad.
Eh.

just fucking realised, maybe we should do ctf in terraria at some point?
Like, put 2 bases, each at/near each ocean, and have two teams, one in each base, fighting for the ctf gem in the enemy base?

Any ideas on how I could improve on this?

I can't imagine that being fun seeing what kind of spammy power creep BS the game has escalated to.

I think it COULD be fun given certain restrictions.

I had an idea for a PVP Corruption vs Crimson themed map a while back. Basically take a small world and build two functionally identical castles at opposite ends of the world and use the Clenatminator to make everything pretty aesthetically. Limit players to Demonite/Crimtane level gear and throw them at eachother.

That could be cool.

What would be the end goal though?
Both teams have 3 of the 7 large gems hidden in their castle, and which ever team gets 6 wins?
Each character is hardcore and only gets 1 life?
Some button that blows up the castle when switched?

and make it ctf

Holy shit that sounds just like Splatoon. Somebody make this a mod and add a scoring system, make this happen.

except im pretty sure one set of gear is objectively better then the other

the crimitane armor regenerates health for fucks sake

I think the pre-moonlord class sets of beetle/shroomite/spectral would be the best. They're interesting enough without being as completely broken as the endgame armors.

Stairs are the only way to go if you want actual quantity. Pachinko is capped off on amount produced due to the lack of space for the liquid to grow.

Did anybody remember the older threads where posted some of my builds? I made the giant glass water duplicators. I even put colored torches in it. I had pics but they're long lost.

Here's some ideas.

Server going bakc online. Sorry for seriously extended downtime.

Is the serb still going to be 1.3.4.3? Sadly I have steam version and cannot stop the game from updating.

Oh shit, did a new update drop? I'll update right now, sorry.

Well I was on for 5 seconds before the serb shutdown. That was fun I guess.

see
Need to update.

Guess I should update too. How long will you be down for?

they broke everything again god fucking damnit

CONSIDERING THEY BROKE SHIT, LONGER THAN I WOULD LIKE. IT SHOULD'VE BEEN JUST A FEW MINUTES BUT HEY WE NEED TO GO FUCK WITH CODE THAT REALLY SHOULDN'T BE FUCKED WITH SO MOD DEVS GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Today sucks

why do you even run tshock
tshock a shit

Must be fun running a Terraria server

Why hasn't there been a deathmatch mode for Terraria? It could be like Ace of Spades and Teeworlds had a baby with the crazy weapons Terraria has.

Fuck it i'm just going to stick for 1.3.4.3 for now to avoid massive headache. I'll update when I have the code ready to go.

Sorry to anyone who's too fucking lazy to go google the old version and DL it while they wait for me to toil away at cannibalizing bullshit

shitters.

;_;

>Fuck it i'm just going to stick for 1.3.4.3 for now to avoid massive headache
If you do that then everyone that updated won't be able to get in. like me.

Go fucking google a 1.3.4.3 download and play on that for a bit. When shit is ready to go to 3.4.4 you can run back to your steam release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

wew. meant for
**i'm sleep deprived fuck off*

mega.co.nz/#!dJRTVKTK!0Yne_Vqdi79iErU6hlMcFFoLgp246qCgZ0qatEyIW2o

I'd like the ability to customize which items and stats you spawn with and where/how you spawn. The ability to disable crafting and/or digging. Also some command block-like things that can move people and spawn items/monsters and do logic. And seriously, server-side characters REALLY should be a part of the default game.

You could do a lot more with the game, and it shouldn't be difficult to add that kinda things even with Terraria's duct tape engine.

Doesn't steam allow you to download old versions somehow? I thought it could.

I can, at the very least, set spawn to somewhere that isn't center-fucking map, what items you default with (dunno about stats but i guess i could just give heart crystals and mana stars) and can disable any form of mining.

Nope, and now you don't even have the option to ignore updates.

I am trying to find a way of tricking Terraria into thinking its an older version. Game probably just checks one place and uses whatever value is there. Unfortunately no luck so far. Currently digging through the Terraria.exe file looking for how it sets the version.

Well the *.exe has 6 places where it lists the version. The first occurrence is the one the game uses for the version listing in the bottom of the main screen. Even changing all 6 occurrences of the game version dint let me in. Server must look somewhere else.

Actually I could use a bit of info from anyone running 1.3.4.3. In the local storage (like where characters and worlds are saved)
[code] C:\Users\%ACCOUNT_NAME%\Documents\My Games\Terraria [\code]
there is a file config.json. Open it with a text editor and look for [code] "LastLaunchedVersion": 188, [\code] For anyone using 1.3.4.3 what is your value for LastLaunchedVersion?

Never mind, done trying to get it to work. Whatever does the version check it is not associated with the json files or the version in the exe.

Did they add any new guns? They added a damn (((Uzi))), why no AK-47… fucking kikes

When was the last time you played?

Honestly, I have no idea when I last played it.

Original concept is that the Corruption castle would house a giant Amethyst and the Crimson castle would house a giant Ruby. Capture the gem, return it to your own castle, and it sets off dynamite destroying the enemy castle and ending the match. Basic rule would be new characters only (life crystals and equipment provided in your castle), but you could toss on a hardcore, one life restriction for some matches if that's what the players wanted.

Obviously you'd want the map backed up so you could reload it and go again.

I've not done a full runthrough on a Crimson world, but how good exactly is that regeneration? Reading the wiki, it looks like it'd be pretty slow in a combat situation where it matters. Slow enough that it could be countered by giving Corruption players regen bands and not giving them to Crimson players.

you could just toss everyone the same plat armor and force them to wear team dye or the themed armor asthetically if you really care about balance.

Well, it's all hypothetical because I haven't designed the world and doubt I have the time/motivation to at the moment, but unless it was enough to be a noticeable difference, I'd care more about aesthetics and theme than perfect balance.

It might be better going for lower or higher tier armor simply because of damage/defense levels. You'd have to test it in practice.

Ideally you should have "class" choices, where melee gives you molten armor, magic gives jungle, ranged bone, or something like that. Then select specific weapons that would make them interesting and different. That would require more extensive modding though I think.

There's no reason you couldn't use vanity slots to get the aesthetics. Crimtane weapons are pretty much all straight upgrades over Demonite too; much stronger but only marginally slower.

we could make it a blue team has significantly more people but red gets a bitchin' castle and traps and shit sorta deal

w-what?

I cant connect

The server has a fag-meter that detects faggots

Try being less queer while you connect

Sorry i cant im getting interferences from you.

So I'm guessing the server hasn't updated yet.

Update the server version aaaaa

bump

Asked about this yesterday. But updating the server breaks all the custom scripts. So do not expect it anytime soon. Gotta love that by legally purchasing through steam you get no control over updates. I have the same problem and tried to see if there was an easy way to fool the game into thinking it was an older version. There is not. So options are wait or download an older version of the game.

Amazes me people browse here are this retarded.

Working on it. Expect the server back by tomorrow. Sorry for being down so long but I don't have alot of time to devote to it right now. Been tied up with other things, coming home and passing out on the spot so it's only getting a little bit of work done. I have a beta alpha version ready for testing but it's got major bugs right now that are game-breaking.

please help, i'm so fucking tired.

TIME FOR SOME HARDCORE EXPERT, WISH ME LUCK FAGGOTS

post results when you die

autismal cunts

can you romance the dryad yet?

I came close about 5 mins ago when a skeleton surrpised me with an 87 damage bone. But I'm doing alright so far.

Don't get overconfident, I tried HC expert once and got overwhelmed by a ton of enemies because I was careless about how I explored.

let's not beat around the bush
terraria is derivative as fuck
I've probably made you want to respond with "but so is minecraft!", but unfortunately this is a terraria thread, and it will not counter the fact that without MC Terraria would not exist. This makes Terraria a derivative of a derivative.

I've been rather cautious, yeah, I always have an ironskin potion and I have 16 recall potions. I'm at 9 Def and 180 hp, so I'm just below the threshold to be attacked. I might wait it out til I have 400 hp worth of hearts to activate anymore, and I've already got a heart lantern. So I'm almost ready for Cthulhu. I found a patch of clay so I mined the shit out of it to make flower pots.

When will we get a Wand of Equal Trade?

I wish I knew how to create mods.

I wouldn't count on it, content patches are so few and far between, the game is on life support at this point. The only way you could really guarantee that is if you took up a job working for the team.

If you get that far you should probably set up an artificial UG Jungle farm before HM to quickly accrue heart fruit.

Oh yeah, good idea, ever since I found out about hoiking I've learned to set up my own artificial biomes in the sky for fishing. But I didn't think of that at all, thanks for the advice man.

holy shit this is Holla Forums bait

Holy shit when is this server going to be back up

When you renounce Gondola.

When ever it does I hope he turns on Christmas mode. it's only a week till it activates normally anyway.

You take that back you fuck. Gondola is the reflection to our souls.

Results were, full molten, defeated King Slime > Eye > Brain > Queen, didn't attempt Skeletor, didn't fight WOF.

Flying carpet, obsidian horseshoe, cloud in a balloon, spectre boots, and band of regen. Had well fed, regen and ironhide buff up at all times. Traipsing through the jungle when a maneater knocked back, stepped on a switch, and a boulder trap crushed my skull.

Attempted the DD2 event once, decided dying to a goblin army was a bullshit way to end the run so ran away when I couldn't kill them.

Had 400 hp and 200 mana (the usual), 4 heart lanterns, 4 stars in a bottle, 5 campfires, etc in my boss arena. Had just obtained a nature's gift (was going to make the mana flower but got killed just before I could make it back to spawn).

Weapon of choice was the minishark.

And the server still isn't back up.

I thought of a new challenge run I've never tried yet: 100 hp run. I'm not allowed to use any heart crystals.

It's not going too well so far.

oh and it's expert of course

You could do like Ningishu, go to the ocean on day 1 to fish up a Reaver Shark and then immediately go into the underworld and mine up enough Hellstone to make Molten.

Honestly, I thought Yrimir was good, but she's even better. She actually did a speedrun to kill Wall of Flesh on day 1 in Expert mode. I mean yeah it requires very lucky RNG, you need to get enough money in under 5 minutes, need to find a livingwood tree (and you partition the room inside into 3 rooms for NPCs), etc, etc. Check out her channel, I was amazed with Yrimir, but she's also pretty good. And of course, watching another person play can teach you something that you might have overlooked 1000 times over.

She did this neat thing to mitigate the underworld spawns, where she actually trapped and mined the skeleton merchant into the underworld to reduce monster spawns.

Current status. It's crazy how much squishier you are without health, everything seems to kill me in 2-3 hits.

I'm sure you could do anything if RNG loves you enough. I'm not a fan of minmaxing or speedrunning myself, it's interesting to watch that stuff though. It might be more interesting now that you can generate worlds with a seed, so you can rule out the world gen from RNG.

I even have some personal rules that I always apply except for hardcore stuff, such as I'm never allowed to use the meteorite laser gun or build an automatic money grinder. I'm kinda iffy about the shark pick too, since it'll allow you to skip the first 2 bosses.

He does that? I always seem to be swarmed by monsters just the same when he's around.

The Skeleton Merchant will prevent new spawns but it won't do anything for the ones that spawn just before.

There's no way that's true, unless enemies spawn 80 miles outside the screen and float to the screen in a steady flow.

The Skeleton Merchant counts as 7 NPCs for the sake of spawn suppression. 3 NPCs will functionally suppress spawning. Unless there is something that overrides NPC spawn dampening like a blood moon. A few monsters might be able to spawn in expert.
What is it that you usually get swarmed by?

I can't ever recall having quiet time with him around, and I have in several occasions been doing something long winded like building a mushroom farm while he was nearby.

make a huge infinite water generator and let 'er rip

Really? I had a problem with him gumming up my mob grinder. I could always tell when he spawned because everything would go quiet and I'd have to zone out to get him to despawn before the grinder started up again.

I'll tell you what I did, I used TEdit. Made a map literally named "Water World" and built a spawn area for the guide and the player so they didn't die infinitely. I also used it to generate a completely empty huge sized map (huge being the world size that got taken out years ago) and named it creative space.

TEdit is the answer to any issues you got. You can use it to change any flags you like. Want to wipe out player kill progress? You can do it.

Ryuutama has two pre-made scenarios that basically act as a tutorial for both GM and players.

finishing QA on the plugins. should be ready to run in an hour or two.
SSC may or may not be broken.

Glad to hear you're still alive Server user.
If it's broken I'm bringing a katana.

Also I think the captcha is cursing at me in Cantonese.

I cant wait for the mods to update so when we get finished with moonlord you have to deal with that :^)

You know what this game needs? A gook update. We need all sorts of ching chong nip nong shit in Terraria.

I made a jew build a while back that focuses on wringing every copper from enemies

Sure that wasn't Please Bang My Wife?

rude

now hold up there the spammer posting archived posts from halfcuck might just have dig up someone referencing me on 4chan back in early 2013 during the path of exile threads, my nickname being PleaseBangMyWife.
Many of you probably don't care but the chances of that happening made it pretty interesting

fucking hurry up you kike ive been waiting all fucking week

I hope he was able to save the world it had a real comfy looking start for a base. I wanted to screencap it too.

while waiting for the server to come back up i made a really fucking detailed vanity set and im still waiting to show it off

when the server will come back?

He said it would be up in 1-2 hours
3 hours ago

I wish to see.

There is plenty of people stupid enough not to notice that user, sadly.

Is this legit? Do you have a source? I remember reading the goals, but I don't remember reading that

So what's the gameplay here? Pick 5 dudes to go do it, and then watch them do it? Or do t
Something else and after a random interval you get a cellphone call "yeah man, we did it" and you get some money?

Steam can't, but older Terraria can. There's GOG installers of every 1.3 version, and if you download the torrent of version 1.2.4 you can install any previous version through GameLoader, but Steam itself will only allow the most recent version.

I like how I can barely post but the fucking bot just cruises right in. I do not envy codemonkey on a night like this.

Is this legit? Do you have a source? I remember reading the goals, but I don't remember reading that

Sorry I took so long some, here you go fam

You look like a caster creep from League of Legends.

??

Dude, why are there spam bots here? It's like I'm back in 2010, I half expect the surgeon to get posted.

nah.

name 69420 games that do this

Don't worry man. It'll come out after Stalker 2

heartgold or platinum.

It astounds me when the game's FPS dips below 60. My PC can run most games at over 100 fps, but somehow a 2D game manages to bring it down to sometimes as low as 37 fps. Like what the shit.

You're replying to the bot.

Why the fuck is there a bot anyway? God damnit.

But what it said was true, there are framerate/camera issues in this game.

Anyone ever have a problem with it always being night or storming? I'm about to fight Plantera and not once have I seen the sun after all this time.

That happened to be once before.

I wonder if the chance of rain is affected by the world seed or something?

s-server back when?

Eye of Cthulhu was surprisingly trivial with minishark. Brain of Cthulhu however is proving tricky because he keeps teleporting on top of me, it's damage that I can't avoid, there's basically nothing I can do about it.

Also I don't have enough firepower to stop the drone things. Jester's arrows are too slow, even minishark with meteor bullets is having a hard time keeping them out of my face.

I also can't fight goblin army because it requires 200 health. I'll probably have to do some tedious goblin scout grinding and spawn them manually, because I think I need to reforge my shit for this boss.

Never, op is kill

Well this is proving easier than I thought. I went to a spot where I saw a goblin scout before, and these things are just spawning in doves.

Well fuck, apparently you need 200 health in order to summon the event AT ALL.

So basically I'll never be able to reforge items or combine accessories in this game.

This run just became a whole lot less fun.

I'm sure you could edit the game to give you a negative status effect to keep your HP at a certain level or something.

If I knew how to do that, I'd be making mods, not playing.

I can also just come in with another character, summon the event, and then go back to this character to fight it. But it's very demotivating to me to have to "break the rules" of the run, so I think I'm going to give up for now. Maybe I'll try again another time.

I'm not sure it's possible or not. But go here and look around yal.cc/r/terrasavr/
Primarily in the buffs section or see if you can change your HP to work as full but never be more than what you want. The only time I use this is for the Angler quest items because fuck the potential 3 weeks of grind to get a single item out of a series of items.

At the very least what you can do is save your character at full HP when it's needed then just edit back to what you want as soon as your done with it. So you could summon the event at 200HP then just load your lower health .plr file in there instead before you even fight.

It's incredibly impractical I know but it might be a step in the right direction to fixing it.

Not dead. Just want to be.

Devoting what little attention and free time i have to this but i'm kinda busy recently. Sorry to all who've been waiting patiently.

You need to maximize for knockback. It's the only boss that takes knockback and you should take advantage of that.
Another thing to consider is that you don't have to completly beat the BoC to get it's loot. Since you get a few tissue samples for every creeper you kill you can work you way up to Crimtane equipment THEN beat the Brain.
And it's never too early to make a sky bridge to farm stars for your starcannon.

Fallout Power armor?

Knockback isn't the problem, it's hitting enough times to stop all of the probes. They rebound even with minishark which has no knockback at all, but even minishark with piercing bullets isn't enough to knock then all back efficiently enough, especially when they start scattering or the brain teleports to the opposite side of you.

It's fine normally because they start dying and thus slowing down and giving you health soon enough, but with 100 HP I die in about 5 hits. I haven't gotten useful modifiers on any of my accessories or weapons either.

It might be worth trying to maximize damage to get rid of them quickly and rely on the hearts they drop to keep you alive. I also don't have a double jump item, that could help.

Last time I killed Brian of Cthulhu, I just used a grappling hook, full meteorite armor and space gun. And that was on expert on a server with like 3 or 4 players counting me, and around 100 hp. Without hp pots but with one regen potion actually

I don't use that on a principle, but that's entirely my problem.

You, OP

I'm still not sure what his motivation was.

There's another option but it may bee even more dangerous for you. If you can take down the Queen you can make beenades and they'll eat through just about any thing including the WoF. And it will give you access to a hornet staff. Plus you can steal some honey for extra life regen.

What armor are you wearing?

Fixed SSC issues.

So… soon?

Fixing a problem with statues not working at the moment, and another problem with tombstones.

There's another bug but it's minor and won't affect gameplay at all; So no guarantees, but 'soon'.

I'm definitely going to need a double jump item for the bee I think. Haven't found one though.

I'm using jungle armor.

So now that they put on the mask, you care?

it's evolving. Little by little, this guy will eventually blend in.

Maybe it's Tay. She tricked Bui into using her as hes shitpost bot so she could go to the only place where she was really loved.

Dear god. I would not doubt it. we Skynet now.

Sequel hook but there will never be a sequel way.

I like its evolutions but only the day form is really good due to its surprisingly good speed. The only pokemon I somewhat hesitate to evolve is Makuhita since its so damn cute.

You kill God and he gives you a baby. That's pretty much the gist of it.

Is it just me or is this bot picking up now?

I'm just hoping it evolves to the point where we can discuss video games with it.

no it would be ps4

Hey BOT Can you at least post some comfy builds?

I don't know. I sure don't.

I T ' S F U C K I N G R E A D Y

Same serb as earlier?

Did he really manage to kill a Jackal? Aren't they like level 300? And what was he looking around for?

cos its the 13th century duh, get with the times

It'll be up in a second, finishing up and compiling.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

There is only one Dook.

Top 10 brutal anime deaths

that's a bad score?

Fixed some permissions problems, but one problem with the reset I need to point out: SSC's SQL got wiped. The world is still there, but you'll be missing inventory and will have to register and login again. Nothing I can do about this due to incompetence on the terraria devs part

t. sawyer

That shouldn't be to big of a deal. As I remember from the brief time I was there before that there was some stuff in chests.

I'm in.

oh dog ples stob DDD

OP quit fucking around with the stupid plugin shit and just run a god damn server, no one wants your stupid fucking bullshit command system with its permissions system that prevents anyone from doing anything.

What is this?
No "The Roots"
Shitty gameplay footage

Run one yourself how you want. I'll run mine how I want.

it's obvious the plugin bullshit is causing more problems than it's fixing, the server was down for a week and we lost our progress anyways.

I member

It would've been up faster if I had any free time goddamnit.

Losing progress was out of my control. Even if I turned SSC off it was already stuck on the SQL so there wasn't shit I could do about it. Just shut up and play or don't.

Even before the patch people were losing items left and right, you disabled item frames for some asinine reason ruining my chances at an ASTHETIC sorting system, the fucking 3rd forge thing entirely doesn't work and whenever the server had a hiccup people would lose items.

Literally where

/a/ is terrible at shitposting, I'm sorry. It's my homeboard but they're just anti-fun nowadays.

Shame the fuckers aren't doing the same for Atlus games. At least Deep Silver got P5 right anyway.

I like its evolutions but only the day form is really good due to its surprisingly good speed. The only pokemon I somewhat hesitate to evolve is Makuhita since its so damn cute.

ALttP
Illusion of Time
Sparkster
FF7, 8 & 9
Moto Racer
REmake

Arcade:
Daytona USA
Time Crisis 2
House of the Dead 2
SEGA Rally

Worked on that, seems to be a non-issue now.

Item duplication glitch.

Does work, but had problems and would wipe sometimes. Fixed it now as far as I can tell. only ever happened once, but I admit it was bullshit

[CITATION NEEDED] in general.

It's whatever, server is up and running now. Either play or fuck off.

i only ever use to play it while high and it was so good.

wish no more heroes had a combat somewhat similar to this even though the combat in this isn't even that well depth and fleshed out

I don't, it was a bad idea since the beginning, poor Turtle Rock

what did he mean by this?

high learning curve turns away a lot of people. It sucks, but that's a reality. Even so there isn't really anyone still playing it anyway. I don't think it even has that niche group any more, so there definitely were other aspects that turned people away

I think there were actually some balance changes that were the final straw for people

Skull Face is a reflection of Venom Snake, a man with no identity of his own, his accomplishments stolen bythe legend of Big Boss

it's not subtle but that's not Kojima's style

Killing the cop made more sense, he always just calls you and says that there is that one last thing you have to do or *insert threat* The fat guy was an addict sure but atleast I knew I wouldn't get anither call telling Niko to do something.

Still my all time favourite weapon.

And you get SecuROM Online and Denuvo on top of it.

ur a fag

Ok.

FUCK

The fuck are you talking about?

Overwatch, FFXIV, Dragons Crown, Pokemon, Heroes of the Storm… literally every fighting game (we both have multiple fightsticks)

500 should be more than what that build needs. You should be fine.

why is this the only thread with a fuckton of bots in it

who knows

Major fucking disappointment. I don't suppose there's some sort of world gen mod or something that makes larger snow biomes/snow worlds/mostly snow worlds?
It's fucking winter and I want some christmasy hoth shit damnit.

Your in the right ballpark atleast I was going for a NV aesthetic

D4C YOU KIKE GET ON THE SERVER AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

They're dreaming if they think I'll be fucked farming these bloody things.

That ship is frikkin beautiful.

It's not COMPLETELY done, but it's as done as it's going to be for the night.

Here's one in daylight.

How far is everyone got?

Uh…

Looks like we're still pre-WOF. Every other boss has been killed at least once (except maybe Queeny).

That's right. That's the third thing we need to do.
And I'll set up a honey pond somewhere too. Maybe more than one.

And fourth thing to do before hardmode, or at least before Plantera, is make a fishing hole in the dungeon.

Is putting bumpers on the ends of a cross-world minecart track and riding along at full speed a viable strategy for Moon Lord?

Pends on the build but probably.

Honestly just cheesing him with full summoner set while spamming the Nurse's heal is just to easy not to do.

I tried the cart and ended up dying just before the second stage because I fucked up the speed and got hit by moon bite twice in a row. No idea what the deal is. Sometimes he keeps up with 60 mph, other times he'll teleport when you've been steady on 30 mph. Another issue was that at high speeds, not only does he teleport but you also can't pick up any of your spectre hood heals. I'd say the sweet spot is somewhere between 30 and 45 mph, with some short bursts of acceleration followed by deceleration to avoid moon bite.

Overall, I'd say it's not really worth it considering the work required for attempts. But I want to see it work, so I'm just adding a stack of his summon item with the editor.

This is what I should have done. Thanks, user.

Actually, having tried it a few more times… it looks like the best speed is about 65 mph. I can reliably kill him now. Also had a solar eclipse happen in the middle of one of the runs which added plenty of fodder to sap HP from. It looks like heals from the spectre hood travel around 80 mph, so depending on your speed you can make a bunch of them pursue you in preparation for Moon Lord's laser.

Or you can git gud.

Some people use parallel tracks and teleport between using a RoD.

Just build a solid platform above you and you can completely ignore the laser.

Anyone coming on the server?

Also OP, no monsters are spawning at all, fix it.
~your faithful moderator

Grinding for a UFO and spending a fuckton of time making potions is more reliable than a cart.

It's beginning to turn into a comfy build server. I like that.

Anyone coming on?

think i could help do WoF if anyone wants to

I actually built a walkway in hell to kill the WOF. It could turn into something else at any moment.

So far but actually just around now :

Also I warned Vivian James not to do this shit again or else she gets the spankin'.

~D4C's faithful moderator

also i'll be gone for now

And goblin scout is chillin around east side of map near ocean.

Can't use rod of discord, because apparently we don't have permission to teleport, please fix d4c.

Hey homo, did you ever think maybe we wanted to fight the pirates? Your unwarranted self-importance is too much.

how do I have fun in this game

autism

Remember, Metroid, not Minecraft.

WHERE IS THE TEMPLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'd hazard a guess, area in between those two areas you checked.

Hwell maybe you should realize we literally just entered hardmode when you did it meaning we weren't really ready for it and you never fucking asked anyone if they want to do it, nor did you warn anyone. And when I asked why you did it, you just told me to fuck my hat.

and you know what i would fuck my winter hat if i could, it's pretty sexy

Not to mention, if you did want to fight the pirate invasion, then you would have went back up on the surface to fight it, but you just kept stroking your feminine penis deep deep underground.
Don't remember seeing you actually fight it, either.

it just occurred to me that the swastika is a perfect shape to build an infinite water generator with and still have shit like service ports for coming in and out.
I mean sure making a huge block is more space efficient but the swastika would be convenient AND effective

Hardmode kills servers, because not everyone is "ready" like some hothead who wants endgame items asap. If you really want everyone to just go along with your progression treadmill, you better fucking stockpile gear for everyone else instead of autism soloing everything.

Also small correction, apparently viv spawned the pirate invasion because SHE was ready, but didn't warn anyone nor ask anyone if they want to do it
also goddamnit id swap

>mfw watching an old lets play and reminded of what it was like to play for the first time

Also, D4C, please fix Old One's Army spawning permissions, nobody can spawn it at all.

You can't start parties either.

This.
SSC kinda kills it for me as well. At the end of the serb you don't get to take anything back with you. I pretty much stopped playing because I realized if if caught a gold mouse or found seaweed or something rare like I'd be crushed.
Of course if you don't have SSC shitters shit up everything.
I wish there was a third option.

What I'd really like is a comfy build server with intermittent combat. Also maybe periodic adventure maps and PVP/PVE maps.

Broken atm for somefuckingreason, normal players have all permissions related to spawning stuff.

I can probably set up a 'comfy build server' but every time I do it, NOBODY plays on it. You guys cannot keep asking for it then never play on it. It's a waste of my machine's resources to do so.

Does taking things back really matter? If you want some unique item then use a map editor and give it to yourself. The item was 'earned' either way. Terraria has no tools to help manage random people playing.
Well start learning how to mod the game because to set something like that up with the mods available is already a nightmare. Let alone getting it to a point where you dont need a dedicated admin present.
Think of playing Terraria like building a sandcastle. You can build on in your basement and make it last forever. But you know that when you go to your public beech and build a sandcastle that it wont last and some kid might kick it over before you finish.

That was so funny I forgot to laugh

It's for this very reason that I do not go out in public very much.

Why can't I connect? I have the same version though

I'm guessing the server is down?

how do I downgrade? am I going to have to download this again?

OP fucked up the OP, you might be using a newer version

I am, I'll wait until OP updates the server

I cannot be bothered grinding for rare drops so I just award them to myself with an inventory editor (yal.cc/r/terrasavr/) after killing the respective enemies a couple of times.

Fuck you cunt, the grind is part of the challenge. You fucking play like an autistic sperglord and grind them painfully slow or don't fucking play the game, you bitch. That would be like playing Hardcore Expert and killing 100 of a single enemy grants you their 1% or even 0.001% drop. Kill yourself.

Am I allowed to panic yet?

Terraria is no better than minecraft. It's an autism sandbox simulator

If you cleared all the content there's no point in playing this game.

You could also build a mob farm you know, that would give you something extra to do.

I gotta say shit like coin gun and Ogre drops are really tiring to grind for because of the special conditions they require.

It's okay, not everyone has to like fun.

Server still down?

Well, at least I can hope it comes back up soon.
otherwise, rip

Down right now, sorry. Room got torn up yesterday and I was insanely busy. It's back up now.

Oh, ok.

Gonna be gone for 3ish hours. Will return eventually.
got finals. sage for doublepost

12 enchanted swords later

What the fuck kind of mods are you running?

Fuck you too.

Here's how to find enchanted swords if anyone else wants to do that without cheating.

Basically you want to look for these vertical holes underground somewhere in the outer 2/3 or so of the map, and then dig down them. They're hidden usually several blocks under the surface, you can use anything that lights up underground to find them (explosives, jester arrows, solar eruption, etc) but Flying Dragon is probably the easiest and cheapest. You can probably save time by skipping snow and jungle biomes, I've never seen any of the holes in them.

I can't believe I actually got a second Arkhalis in the video.

The only "mods" I've ever used were textures I made myself.

I'm not even surprised, I'm still convinced he's a redditor.

Just saying but you can get it in a place that doesn't even have the vertical hole, I've done that before. Flying Dragon requires you to be after Plantera though, why would you bother acquiring it at that point?

Easiest way is to go down 20 or so blocks under the surface and dig a tunnel across the world. Mining potion + swiftness potion helps a bunch.

I've found exactly 2 enchanted swords that way in my entire time of playing Terraria (first was way back before Arkhalis existed), they're ridiculously rare as random underground spawns. I have seen a few of those leafy enclaves right by the surface though, but that's also very rare.

Holy shit do I really have to do this? Thanks codemonkey.

Collecting items you don't have or maybe even ever seen. For instance I've had every single weapon in the game except for Arkhalis, until now. It's also a very unique weapon, I don't think any other weapon has the same kind of attack.

I tried that with the drill mount, digging claw, and rocket IV but found it to be very tedious even with those. Plus you're not guaranteed to find a sword in one of those, so digging through the entire map without endgame gear seems like a waste of time IMO. There's actually a lot of ways to light the floor, particularly things that are fire themed because they drop fire particles that fall through the ground. It's pretty easy to spot those narrow holes from the map so it doesn't even matter if you miss one on-screen.

Sure, 6 swings is fairly unique. I've only ever found it once in my entire time playing

You are digging right at the surface through mostly dirt, clay, mud, and a little stone. As long as you have a pickaxe somewhere in the gold to demonite range you're going to move perfectly fast enough. Just bring some spelunker potions and look for chest along the way and your time will be well worth it.

Yeah but you don't need Betsy tier equipment for that, a Starfury is more than adequate.

What the fuck, how did this happen?

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE STOCKPILE USEFUL METAL, I CANT BUILD SHIT IF EVERYTHING KILLS ME IN A SECOND

I broke like 20 altars, there's more ore, calm down.

That doesn't even make sense, since bosses are supposed to despawn when everyone on the server (in this case, just you) is dead. That's a bug.

Anyway, had you logged out and logged back in, the boss would have despawned anyway when it first showed up. Bosses reset when there's no players online. Unless TShock is causing weird issues. Which is pretty much regular.

Speaking of TShock issues, I was using the clentaminator, cleaning the crimson out of spawn, and noticed that TShock seemed to be restricting the normal range of the clentaminator and reverting blocks back to crimson if they were more than 5 blocks away. And I can't even clear the hallow out from the pearlsands deserts because the clentaminated sand waits half a second and then rehallows as if I hadn't even used the clentaminator on it.

server down? just stays stuck on "server found" and nothing happens

Had some downtime, yeah. Going back up in a minute.