Planety coaster

Redpill me on planet coaster. From the negative reviews on steam, it appears this game has the same problem Cities skylines has in trying to be the spiritual successor to SC4: not up to snuff on the management aspect and focuses more on the creative/building aspect. is this a correct assumption?

You hit the nail

i guess it was just too much to ask for an updated RCT3. have you played it?

The design stuff looks good, I haven't played it myself tough. It just sucks they decided to neglect everything else. I think they saw all the custom content for RCT3 and just assumed that the only thing people liked about it was making parks look good, and focused solely on that.

Game itself is
Just don't expect all the management options or the options in general of RCT3.
It does its own thing and I'm sure theyll update it in the end.

I'm surprised they finished the game so quickly.

Here, I'll shill this faggot since he makes a pretty good analysis even though he likes eating shit half the time.

How is planet coaster to play?

After seeing some creations by people I REALLY want this game, the only theme park game I've ever played was PS1 Theme Park World, and I really want to get back to the genre because it's very creative and tons of fun.

Hoping for steam christmas sales so I can get the game at least a tad bit cheaper than fucking 37 euros.

Pretty much, the real question though is why this should be a problem.

There's already plenty of park management sims out there, what's wrong with enjoying a game where the focus instead is on building elaborate parks?

Go play RCT 2 and 3, Zoo Tycoon and Operation Genesis.
Then go to this game

It has all the management aspects as the roller coaster tycoon games sans querying all the guests individually.

I LOVE zoo tycoons. I the original and both the expansion as their individual releases AND the deluxe edition with both of them. Dinosaur digs was rad as fuck but marine mania was shit. best games of my childhood along with theme park world.

But I'm a bit scared to play games like rct 2 and OG because they're pretty old games and I have a fear that they'd be too outdated for me since I didnt grow up with those games. RCT 3 though, looks really good.

You sound like a fucking pussy.

Nothing pussy about if you're being concerned of wasting time on something you might not enjoy.
If it was without a hassle, I'd try every game out there, but time and resources are limited.

Nigger what the fuck are you doing on this board?

It's as easy as:

Get to it user, those parks aren't going to build themselves.

have you ever played any isometric game, child?

dont forget to get the mod pack that adds all the RCT1 scenarios to open RCT2

I just want to make shit that looks nice. Is it good for that at least?

I like it a lot. Usually with this type of game you very quickly feel like you've "done everything" and have no further motivation to continue, but with this game it feels like there's always something new to try or to improve. I don't know why people say the management is so bad because its pretty easy to fuck it up and have a bunch of shops and rides that lose you tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars if you don't pay attention. Also the coasters are detailed enough that you can get obsessed with them. I dreamt about wooden coasters for like 3 days.

You can do sandbox mode with infinite money, on this map is just the coaster and nothing else

Honestly all they need to do is flesh out the management which can be done in a patch.

Compare it to Atari's abomination.

Frontier Development.
Denuvo.