STALKER thread

Last thread seems to be worm food.

I'm playing CoC using STCoP for the first time instead of AO since there isn't an Itemsoup for the newest AO version yet. It's okay but the weapons don't seem to do as much damage as they should. Still having fun though, gonna trek down from Rostok to see my nigga Sid to get paid for that hitman job I just took.
They must have changed something in CoC, or maybe it's the DoctorX questlines addon, but I remember killing an assassination target in front of his buddies makes them hostile

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/arsenal-advance-mod
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Come on Holla Forums, don't tell me nobody's been STALKAN?

delet thhis thread and remake it when ray of hope is out

Is gunslinger out yet?

Sorry, I don't feel like waiting for NEVER EVER

Got close to the end of CoP SGM 2.2, the Pripyat part is boring as fuck.
It's a tough call, but overall I'd say the G36.
Duty.
X18.

You people never learn

Okay I'll give you that Ray of Hope will probably get finished, but I've very little hope for gunslinger

Haven't been stalkan for around 2.5 years, but I recently discovered that CoC actually released last year, so I might take a break from another game I am playing and give it a try.
Is Autumnal Winds the only nature mod out there? Not sure how I feel about everything being brown.

Gave the addons section for this mod a quick look and saw that there is one that increases the damage for STCoP, maybe try that.

Last one I played was AA2 I think, really liked it.
AK-74. Seriously, I just play with it from the beginning to the end.
Loner.
It's been a while, but I think X18, especially in AA2, didn't expect what waited for me there.

Where can I sell PDAs as a Military stalker in CoC?

What's a suit with 4+ artifact slots I can buy as one?

Wut do into CoC? Which mods for it do you recommend?

Can't you give them to Owl or Hawaiian?

I think there are a few compatible nature/texture mods and seasonal theme mods, only a few are on the CoC addons page.
You just have to avoid copying over level data or something, just stick to the texture folders, I combined autmnal with absolute nature.

The STCoP damage increase mod is worth it, makes the fights more realistic.
Depends if you like longer sponge fights or fast outcomes that reward being sneaky.
It's fun hitting random on the character choice, being Monolith or Bandit which inverts the interaction on all the maps.

DoctorX questlines is great so far, I also like the corpses drop money addon to scrounge up a bit of extra cash. Pick whichever weapon mod you want and throw in the Itemsoup for it for extra types of vodka, alternate methods of repair, more food, etc. Also get the alternative voice mod for the true Ukrainian experience

Pretty sure military is hostile to both Freedom and Loners.

ray of hope's last news update was September 8…

So are they filling in all the areas where you teleport to new areas? it's hard to describe but you know how you go from pripyat to skadovsk instantly while skipping all that land in between?

> Definitely military guys
> Oops, freedom
Things have escalated since then when Freedom has been shooting me and I've defended myself. Is there a way to improve my relations with a faction, or did I make an additional permament enemy for myself?

Im playing CoC for the first time now. Any tips?

Sprint through the Red Forest

What carry weight limit do you anons prefer? I want to set it a bit lower, thinking about 30/50kg run/walk.
Also any useful console commands to make the graphics look nicer? So far I just changed the grass density and draw distance, which make hell of a difference, as the default values made the game look like shit.

Not sure about vanilla CoC, but you could get both DoctorX's faction addons, where killing faction members that are an enemy to the faction you want to be friends with, increases the second faction rep.
So pretty much it's like this:

Alright fellow stalkers, what was the most dangerous thing you killed using a knife only?
name game and major difficulty changing mods
filename unrelated

I have a funny unprocessed stalker video
but nothing likes flv
and nothing converts flv
even adobe encoder doesnt like flv
Why the fuck does every recording software encode in flv if nothing fucking supports it?

Recently started playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R CoP and I wish I picked it up sooner playing on stalker difficulty because I'm a little bitch also I'm a stereotype and used a AKM-47 because ammo management is for idiots, sorry for being a newfag

Doing it wrong fam

Thanks for the correction

Seriously though, never play a STALKER game on anything below Master difficulty

Lower difficulties just turn down the weapon accuracy/ttk across the board, both for enemies and yourself. Just play on master or everything will feel like a bullet sponge.

This, also turn off crosshair if you haven't already, it makes the game way better.

finished it, too big too webm

fuck this youtube decided to fuck the whole video

dere we go now it works

Wait, how do you loot so quickly?

Started playing Call of Chernobyl. Why is weight limit only 20 kg?

Only 20kg? I know that upgrading armor (at least the better stuff) can usually net you a gain in total weight carried, but I could have swore it was a lot higher than that.

Unless you mean the minor stamina penalty at first, in which case depending on what you need to do it's not as bad as you think.

I could have swore you didn't see a penalty until like 30 or 35kg though.

The hell are you talking about? I could swear, unless they changed it in a recent ver, that the default carry weight was the same as vanilla CoP (40-50?).
Are you using any community made addons that may alter balance in some ways? That might be it.

Are the PSO-1 variants in CoC with AO? Where can I find them?

I'm rolling CoC 1.4.18 with STCoP weapon pack 2.8.0.7 (v.5), Itemsoup 2.8.0.7 (v.4), DoctorX Questlines, DoctorX Desolation, SWTC 1.06 and alternative voices pack.
I guess I should try reinstalling the mods and see where does 20kg limit come from.
Also, the game crashes when I try to open contacts or relations tab.

A bunch of human stalker. It's surprisingly effect at close range indoor or when you have mutual cover to just charge and stab.

I've killed dwarfs and controllers this way too.

I don't even bother wasting ammo on boars and fleshes in groups of less than 4 because it's so easy to take them out by knife once you figure out how.

Really the only thing I've never killed with a knife is chimera and pesudogiants.

First and only Stalker game what i played was Clear Sky, that's atleast something.

If you want a less buggy more horror based STALKER, go for Shadow of Chernobyl. It lacks the upgrade system, but the immersion is top notch. For a more complete, less buggy variety, go with Call of Pripyat.

Clear Sky is usually seen as the weaker of the three, but personally I find it quite fun despite its set backs.

tfw I realize arsenal advance makes grenades realistic shrapnel dispensers instead of giants hurt balls.

Are there any other games that have realistic grenades?

Fucking hell, managed to turn off the Miracle Machine. Had a huge asspain from those psi ghost things. Now I know to take some high capacity magazine pistol and a load of cheap ammo for the Brain Scorcher.
I've had an absolute blast with CoC.

This is a good way for stalkan

> Eats some buckshot from my Predator
> Which is perfect because my anti-chimera grenades are very limited and I can't kill the fuckers with anything else
All this while I was dancing around the psy ghosts and frantically switching to the shotgun through the inventory.
Reloading a quicksave apparently caused the bloodsucker to spawn right behind me.
The inside of the lab was a bigger pain than the Miracle Machine one. The narrow corridors coupled with the ghosts, the occasional bloodsuckers and the timelimit were quite a grief. I had to stop for breathers and use a few medpacks, so the time was very close. I pulled the switch with only about 5 seconds left.

I ended my session there, so next time I still need to get out of the lab. I think I'll go and see what became of my buddy Dimka Reactor who entered the Radar territory (despite me leaving him in the Freedom base) after me. Killed a pseudogiant with that breeki back in the Truck Cemetary.

ArmA 3 with ACE mod seems to do grenades rather well.

I have this plan, you get charged at no point in time. You get throttled at 22gb

if this is really about lipstick than get a 1" to 1 1/8 adpater and a a ahead stem.
it'll look way better

the grips are a good move

get here some thumbshifters

and if you're fancy a proper saddle , all my lady frinds dig the specialized riva (that's like 25 e)

if your super fance get a matching seatpost for the stem.

canada should be a british colony

Overtone singing, more commonly known as throat singing. This is Tibetan Buddhist chanting specifically.

Miriam Prado :)

rocky horror is probably the only one that comes anywhere close to being watchable.

did you watch k-on yet

W-what?

Someone is sliding. Look at all these recent posts not related to the thread at all.

To be on topic is there any level/mal editors besides the official one?

It is Bui again. He is mass spamming theads at least on >>>Holla Forums and here (most likely 95% of the other boards).

Also I wonder how CodeMoneky will respond. It is obvious that a simple 24hr capatcha will not stop him, reducing the time span will only inconvenience legitimate posters. Also it is likely if posting becomes harder by placing more counter measures, the posting rate may fall.

What the hell is this?
I was heading back from the Brain Scorcher (this time I took the road) and I ran into this… thing. This very small area on the road where these weird sparks and puffs of red (blood?) mist appear out of thin air and kill you. The anomaly detector isn't beeping and the things don't follow you away from that very small (like a radius of 10 meters) area. They didn't seem to be able to get you if you keep on the move, but if you stood still for even a few seconds you would straight up die, no damage indicators or anything prior to it.

It's some sort of nasty poltergeist type, you have to kill it by just shooting at it about the direction it is heading at.

So are the sparks the poltergeist or was there some kind of distortion nearby that I just didn't spot?
I've killed a couple of the typical poltergeists, but they threw shit around and had a powerful psi aura.

The sparks are the poltergeist but a different type, there is also a variant which has a black smoke instead of a red one. Under what justification the CoC developers thought that is it a good idea they can insta kill you I have no idea probably in the hopes that the ironman player gets caught off guard or something.

Those types don't produce any aura.

t. CoC expat

Debate and critical thinking is important, but just being a contrarian fucktard for the sake of it doesn't help anyone.

YOOKA FAGS BTFO

One can only hope. I keep wondering how they can plug the game in the show now, considering how batshit weird it's gotten.

So I tried playing CoC with STCoP and Itemsoup. The economy sucks, I've managed to get and fully upgrade an exoskeleton without leaving Cordon and Swamp just by selling underbarrel grenades. Is there any mod that rebalances the economy to make it harder to get absurdly rich looting military and puts more emphasis on hunting artifacts? Would be nice to stop traders from selling endgame stuff from the very beginning too.

B-b-bump

This is what I've been trying to say for so long it's ridiculous. There is NO point in trying to put this server up. It will be taken down just as soon if not sooner than the first time it was taken down. I don't give two shits if it was taken down "willingly," by the devs. It was still taken down.

I've never played this before, is the gameplay really fun? Is it more story focused or gameplay focused?

What in the fuck is making this noise
holy fuck my ears
how does anyone play through this

Depends what you mean by story focus. Gameplay is great, its a bit wonky if you're playing for the first time but its quick to get used to. If you need a recommendation on what stalker game you should play first I suggest Shadow Of Chernobyl, then Clear Sky, and finally Call of Pripyat. Try it vanilla first and then mod it until it crashes

Gameplay can be a bit janky, although it's pretty okay overall (even moreso if you go down the MODS WILL FIX IT route).

The big part of the game isn't even the story, either. Although it's all right, the main strength the game boasts is its atmosphere and setting. Whether it be the tense firefights where turning the wrong corridor can drop you almost instantly, or cozily sitting around a campfire at night with fellow STALKERs before a mutant jumps you, the game just oozes with atmosphere and tries to immerse you. The fact that A-life means that npcs in the game actually can do things while you're not looking at them (or not even in the same area as them) and that death can come just as easily to them as it can to you also adds in to the whole immersion thing.

Call of Pripyat has better gameplay (and less bugs), while Shadow of Chernobyl has better atmosphere (but more bugs). Maybe play Clear Sky at some point, too. That one's a bit of a dark sheep of the franchise, though, so I wouldn't recommend it for the first game you play in the series.

Vanilla for first playthroughs (with the exception of ZRP for SoC for bugfixing, and graphics mods in general just to look pretty. I also found AtmosFear a pretty good mod for a first playthrough as well since it doesn't change up the gameplay that much). After that, mod away.

This, unless there's a controller around. If it's a chimera, go back the way you came.

Reloading any save is dangerous, I had enemies spawn on top of me from a load and the enemies around me were alerted.

Poltergeist that attacks through contact and damaging smoke trails, one can spawn outside of Rostok too.

It has something to do with psychic stuff or a controller lurking somewhere I fucking hate it too.

The hell is up with your ID?

Anyone?

Well, I did get through, but it sure gave me a challenge.

What are good mods for CoC?
For now I've AO3, Dx Quest lines, Outfit overhaul, Dx factions relations.
I want more Roleplay stuff, like war between faction ( Clear Sky) and survival.
By the way, is there a mod to make your squad rest at a fire? I just want to chill with my squad near a fire but they stand here like idiot and the fire isn't lit.

finally finished SoC.
first one I played was call of pripyat.
now it's hard for me to distinguish what was vanilla SoC and what was this mod -moddb.com/mods/arsenal-advance-mod

In SoC
+A.I. is miles better then CoP A.I.
+mutants are much more fun to fight and much more difficult then in CoP
+grenades are surprisingly realistic fragmentation machines
+guns have sway to them (but it doesn't have a hold breath option) -the sway mightve been added by the mod
+better damage scaling, headshots actually work - damage scaling might be mod
+the ui is much smaller and more concise

-inventory management is god awful like I almost don't want to play it again just because of the inventory management.
-armor is always at 0% halfway through a quest (why even buy armor)
-have limitless carrying capacity -probably mod

and that's what I have to say about that.
really pissed that the mod showcases like 200 added guns even though it really only adds like 60.
checked the files to be sure and it really only adds 60, yet the mod page has all these pics and lists of guns that aren't in the game. it does have like 10 ak47's with different kinds of wood used.

Also as good as the damage scaling is, the stats for the modded guns are a mess, certain guns of the same caliber for some reason have drastically different damages among other inconsistencies as well as the ak-74 being crazy good for no reason.

I am using a similar setup and the weight was 50/70kg, which I then changed to 30/40kg.

Just change the values to whatever you want yourself.
Look for max_weight in system.ltx and give it whatever you want to be the limit after which endurance penalty kicks in.
Then go to actor.ltx and find max_item_mass and give it the same value, then max_walk_weight and give it a higher value after which you'll be unable to walk.

I don't think there is one, all the economy mods I see are either making the game more casual or are for AO3. Also economy was always fucked, even in vanilla. Though you're right about the UBGL nades, everyone seems to have a few, would be better if they made them more rare, or carried only if the stalker has a weapon that can use them (does that actually happen?)

Do you like E.Y.E? If yes, then you'll probably like this. Even if they are pretty different games, they are still somewhat similar on the technical side and that you either love it or hate it.

Do you want me to shove my bulging radiation mutation into your ass?
Anyway if you want a decent quality webm (not 's) get me the file you uploaded to youtube not youtube's recompressed video itself you gopnik

Anyway does being deadly scared of stalker ever go away?
I can do anything else, from movies to other terror games. Hell i can watch an open body get ass fucked by a nigger while the nigger's dick comes out of it's open chest cavity and a wolf eats the head.
But as soon as i see a bloodsucker i start crying

As soon as you DON'T see a bloodsucker you mean? :^)

Some of these sound like mod specific features/issues - the sway, the armor degrading at high rate and the unlimited carry capacity.

Triple posting but i figure it has beeen enough time.

Try ffmpeg, the free and open source swiss knfie of image/video/audio manipulation (but not editing besides simple filters)
By the way .flv is just a container so chances are you can losslessly convert .flv to .mkv (widely supported generic open source container format) and it should work as long as the program supports the codec contained (which it should at the video side since .flv is widely coupled with AVC which is industry standard, no idea about the audio). If it doesn't work try .mp4 which is also another widely supported generic container format (but not open source) but if the program doesn't support the contained codec it's not going to solve anything.
If you want something supported by everything everywhere you can put uncompressed video and audio in a .mp4 file but the file sizes are going to space. I've been told youtube uses ffmpeg on it's backend which means it could probably accept virtually anything but i cannot confirm or deny that since i have no idea
Here is a quick sample i made of cool stuff you can whip up on ffmpeg, sorry for the shit quality but again it's just an example

Was he an australian and did he call his blade a "knoife"?

Last time I played Stalker SoC, I did it completely vanilla. I got decently far, but I hit a wall and get the impression that there's some essential patching that needs to be done initially, like Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. What's some crucial information before I give it another go?

Get Zone Reclamation Project for bug fixing and some quality of life improvements, Absolute Nature and Abosulte Structures for better textures, Weather Overhaul for more immersive weather and better looking sky, and Shaders Max for some better effects, just disable DoF and motion blur if you hate those. Also get FOV Switcher if you think it's too low.

Anyone got bandit radio/cheeki breeki remix webm? The one with static image of partying bandits as video

did you just fucking rip and recompress the youtube video someone uploaded from the original webm and post it?

whats the name of that song in your video?

No, someone done that for me already in 2014 at h8hen :^)
dont bully for vlc icon please

No idea user, thanks for webm tho it's what I've been looking for.

Kek, hearing that for the first time.

it's shit

In the SHoC OGSE mod some higher-ranking military soldiers actually uses the UBGL nades, through they were always carrying those Groza weapon with them.

I think my scream woke a neighbor up. Fucking god damn it, that whole mess was a ride, not just the bloodsucker. Having to run through CNPP, end up going through the Deserted Hospital and Limansk because I am NOT fucking going through that fucking Red Forest again, not like this. I haven't even played CS yet so I didn't know the maps at all either. Finally finding a friendly mercenary face (Military and Mercenary had an alliance at the time) at the end of Limansk when it's 2 am ingame and all I've seen up to that point were mutants, monolith, and an angry helicopter shooting at me was a sight for sore eyes. And then to top it all off, a blowout started right after I talked to him. I can't complain, though, since I sold off all my mutant shit to the ecologists for 70k shortly afterwards, even though I'm apparently an enemy to all of them except Sakharov despite my faction being neutral with them.