Any oldfag here ever got a Mew from an event back in the day?

Any oldfag here ever got a Mew from an event back in the day?

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Toys_"R"_Us_Mew
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who cares you can get it legitmately in game anyways lmao

I've got the Mewtew card from watching the movie in cinemas, does that count?

use strength on th truck off the ss ann

I remember I used a glitch in Pokémon yellow to catch a lvl5 Mew outside Lavender Town. Never used him in battle though since I was at end game and it would be boring to level it up.

I'm convinced there was no event to get Mew from. There's plenty of "evidence" that suggests otherwise, but it's all lies. Mew was never given to us, but the media told us over and over again that he was. Well I'm not buying it.

I didn't even like mewtwo anyways, so mew could go fuck itself.

There was a mew glitch in GEN1 on the nugget bridge, no need for an event

In GEN3 you could get a ticket from Pokemon Festa in Japan (2005) and travel to an island in GEN3 to catch a mew. I have one of those loaded my savegame from cart to SD card on DS lite, then inserted savegame to emulator and created the ticket and the activation code, then caught mew, then transferred savegame back to cart

Recently I also transferred it via Pokebank to my Alpha Sapphire. Nintendo let it pass so I guess it is legit.

isn't that a glitch? is there any location to find it?

I traded MissingNo to gold and it was a jigglypuff.
worst reveal ever

The thing that I'm curious about is that an event Mew was supposed to have some sort of special ability to make wild Pokemon run away, but I can't find any details about it anywhere. I figured it worked like the Safari Zone, where Pokemon run away after a random number of turns. Can't remember where I heard about it, but I guess it was the Nintendo Power article for the first Mew contest.

I got my ass kicked

First I'm hearing of it

nigga do you even strength

The only legitimate way to get mew is from the event.
Catching it though a glitch isn't legitimate.

heh

Thats how you get Pikablue, fam.

I got 7 Mews from a Gen 3 event

Yep

But I lost it with my gameboy ages ago. Fuck.

I do remember being disappointed with it. It was supposed to be the strongest pokemon ever like the movie said but it wasn't even close to mewtwo or my zapdos.

There are about 100 different MissingNos, user. Which ones you get, as well as what other pokemon at which levels you get, depends on your name.

some guy in an agdq actually TAS that somehow and got a mew to come out, was pretty funny.

Not American so no. I later discovered the cerulean teleport glitch that you can use to catch a mew though so whatever.

Nope i dont recall them ever doing it here
I did get a celebi though we had to drive to the other side of town for a place doimg it like a hour drive

I didn't know the trick to getting Mew, so no.

A dude did trade me Celebi so it would be registered in my Pokedex.

I never owned a first gen Pokemon game. I played through the entirety of Red by getting my parents to rent it at Blockbuster every week.

I am so sorry user.

My purple gameboy color got stolen with my Pokemon Red in it

I had one of the blue-ish ones and I still remember the day when my father and I went to a local tech store in 1998 and bought pokemon red when it came out. My first game on the gameboy was super mario deluxe (which was a remake of the original super mario from nes)

Did you anons manage to get all the events of current year?

There's only been one event for Pokemon S/M so far, right? The Munchlax. Thank god it's not that cancerous furfag Torchic they pushed off onto everybody in X/Y.

At least I think that was X/Y. Maybe it was OR/AS. All I know is Gen 6 was obsessed with furfaggotry between the kickin' chickin' and Lucario.

no, but I got the shiny trading card from the movie

The Mew you can catch there is lvl 7

I never had the chance to go to an event but I did get a gold plated Mewtwo card from some event I can't remember. Probably the Burger King thing. It came with a pokeball and certificate but I lost that long ago. I think I still have the card.
Apparently people choked to death on the pokeballs so they had to recall them

The Pokemon events seemed to be held only in select cities in the US, which was always codeword for "New York and Los Angeles only." That was only until Gen 3 when they started holding them at Toys R Us and other chains. I remember getting Latios + Latias and Deoxys that way.

You got that sticker too right?

You can actually get a mew as soon as you catch an abra in cerulean city

Have you seen some of the new pokemon user?

Tomorrow they're giving away this one through a qr code on the pokemon website.

It's like they were made for me.

Yep! Had my mom drive me across town to get it, then lost it years later.

I distinctly remember there was a kiosk they plugged your cartridge into that you had to stand in line for.
I recall a mexican mother and son standing in line and thought it odd the kid didn't seem to have a gameboy on him. Sure enough they didn't because an attendant took notice, explained what the line was for, and removed them from it.

I want ro fuck it

Who cares if its legit as long as you got it.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? They weren't talking in terms of right or wrong.

Enjoy it while it lasts, your cartridge battery will die at some point. Replacing it erases it anyways, so you're fucked.

That pic is not mine.

And also, there's the option to translfer it to Pokemon Stadium, if you have it.

Oh shit I forgot about Stadium. Not a bad idea tbh. Apparently there are guides to changing the battery without losing your saves, but its tricky to say the least.

it involves powering the ram during the battery swap. There's a guy on the net somewhere who can do it for a fee. He can also replace the battery backup module itself with flash memory so it doesn't need power

The big kinda weirdly underdetailed pokeball? Apparently some kid completely covered their mouth and nose with the halves and suffocated. Somehow. I don't know how you can be such a shitty parent or child for that to happen.

Yeah, I went to see the movie when it came out and they gave Mews away after it.

didn't they give cards? or they actually had kiosks with link cable and all that'

Do you still have it?

Online on the DS games is turned off now, so the fact that there's 5 or so pokewalker courses I can't unlock kills me. I think that's the only way to get celebi too. It was a wifi event.

No, it isn't

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is a big problem. I'm still pissed I missed that Hoopa distro last month.

No one cares pokefag.

Did anything ever come from those E-Reader pokemon cards you could scan? Come to think of it, why didn't nintendo ever use the Wii-U or 3DS to scan QR codes off pokemon cards? They dropped the ball on getting pokemon From Amiibos too. I really have no idea what they're thinking not making pokemon amiibos that unlock in game pokemon.

There was no Mew event AFAIK. The only legitimate way to get Mew was through the glitch. Nintendo themselves had no idea Mew existed at first. Only GameFreak knew

Micro doesn't use regular batteries, it has an internal one like the DS that you can charge.

Sorry, I meant Pocket

hardly old but I have two mews from back when the remake distribution was going on

I also have 48 of the pokemon league promo mew cards

you always take your batteries out, always

If they were stored on a place without humidity they might be fine. Check out and report back, user. Take pics if you must.

These events were another way that being Canadian was suffering… I don't think ANYTHING came north of the border until Gen 4 and the Rotom stuff…

Go check it, the longer you leave it the more likely something is wrong. if the batteries leaked disassemble the console and wipe it down with rubbing alcohol. Don't touch the battery acid yourself.

Are these fucking things worth anything? I've got 4 in the original sealed packets.

toys R us in Canada gave Mews in 1998 and 99 when Pokemon was released.
the pic in the OP is from a tou R us event (OT is Yoshira or Yoshirb for these).
Pic could be canadian for all I know, I saw that pic in other thread.

So OP here, I asked because in Argentina, these things were different. We had events that gave Mews in 1999, which I'm not sure if they were officially organized by Nintendo, I think they were.
Instead of giving Mews to the first 1500 customers or things like that, they were actual tournaments were you'd battle little kids with level 100 Mewtwos and Gengar and only the winner would get the Mew.
Shit was fierce, I didn't even try going. I remember a friend of a friend promised to clone a Mew for my friend so I'd eventually get it but it never came.

The same exact thing happened to me. Those little shits lied.

Those events were only held in a few cities and there was no way I would ask my parents to drive me for hours to some overblown PR event. I may have been a little Pokemon sperg back then, but I wasn't that autistic.

Please do not give Nintendo more ideas on how to scam people with overpriced DLC that comes in toys too embarrassing to admit you own.

So does anyone know how the hell did they gave away gen 1 mew's? I've wondered for a long time and there is no proof anywhere on how they were able to give away the mew's does anyone know how?

They had a machine set up with link cables

I just used game genie to get mine.

Also my missingno's gave a level 180 Snorlax that I leveled to 254 with rare candies. I brought one out in a duel and made the other kid cry.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Toys_"R"_Us_Mew

Pic is from a japanese event, but I guess they used a similar machine in other places, or maybe just a gameboy with link cable.

Shut the fuck up
Argentina is whiter than your gook ass

How did you get this dumb user?

no but i got the triforce in ocarina of time

One time I saw a kid catch a mew while in a mcdonalds, he was so excited, it was cute