What are the best top down shooters?

What are the best top down shooters?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/510620/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bloodbath kavkaz

Halo: Spartan Assault

Alien Assault: Left 2 Die is pretty good for a top-down doom clone.

oh god that recreation of the Harrier Scene at the end is gold

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Syndicate an oldy but a grate game

This goddamn trilogy.

Hatred

Nice

Pics related

gta 2
meteor

this. first one was great as well. anyone else have to order the first one from overseas because they weren't sold in US stores?

oh and forgot this. first top down shooter I ever owned. When I figured out it could be played single player with 2 controllers, I thought I had stumbled on the new era of gaming. did any other games take advantage of the 2 controller/1 player set-up?

Alien Breed series

Did anyone actually like it?

used to splitscreen play it a lot with friends

One in recent memory.

store.steampowered.com/app/510620/

It has an achievement for playing co-op, but only using one player.

When the other co-op player dies, it effectively becomes an additional enemy to deal with.

Alien Syndrome

Dead Nation is g8 even though it's yet another zombie game.

Get it for cheap somewhere, I felt very entertained for those 4-5 evenings.

_no

Was Hatred any good?

Alienation is nice too.

Of course not. It was just talked about here because of virtue signalling.

And I guess Ubermosh is supposed to be a nice simple game, but haven't played it.

Is there a top down shooter with a bit of tactical approach and remotely intelligent AI? Die Hard for NES is the closest one that I've ever played. I want to play this kind of game with mouse and keyboard.

Come on, alien-loving, Super Earth hating scum.

Nigger that's an RPG.

It's okay. Fun for a while.

If isometric ones count, there's also Crusader: No Remorse and it's sequel No Regret. Amazing soundtrack and crisp graphics, despite the somewhat clunky controls.

Gee I wonder why it's not popular user.

Are talking about PC or ps controls?

I think the Shadowgrounds games were pretty highly regarded. Made by the same people that made Trine.
Then there's that free Alien Swarm game made by Valve that everyone played once and dropped.
Geometry wars is a good one and Super Stardust is good.
Galak-Z was an interesting game but not sure if it's good exactly.
Then there's a whole bunch of roguelite shooters like Enter the Gungeon which is ok and Nuclear Throne which is great.

Total Carnage is shit and nothing but a massive, MASSIVE moneysink made to squeeze absolutely every penny you have.

About as much a shooter as something like Starcraft.

PC controls. It's better with a pad like in the PS version, but keyboarding just leads to too many issues of not knowing which key to use for which action in the middle of a firefight.

qwat?

I liked it

Binding of Isaac and Enter the Gungeon are both top tier, but faggots here hate them because they get triggered by popular culture references and also because they are shit at videogames and hate anything that outskills them

Binding of Isaac to me if more like the original Zelda without the overworld than a shooter.

I probably have over 300 collective hours on different versions of BoI and, as much as I love it, I wouldn't classify it as a top down shooter. It's a rougue-like zelda clone.

yes, it's a very competent shooter, and controls nicer than an old 8-direction.

classic

Alien Shooter
Crimsonland

I actually enjoyed Hatred. For it's edge lord premise the story was entertaining enough.

Insane difficulty was hard as hell but very satisfying to complete and the survival mode was a pretty fun time waster.

The only real problem I had with the game was that the wasn't enough content to warrant the playing for 50 hours achievement.

ch-ch-ch-checked

Sure is a lot of pleb in this thread.

I'll just throw in Sigma Team games (Alien/Zombie Shooter) and I'm done here.

goldeneye and perfect dark

dont forget

I liked it. It needs more stuff to do but what's there is fun. If it had mod support at release it'd have been huge.

Zombie Shooter and Zombie Shooter 2

Shadowgrounds is pretty fun. Could be better, but still fun.

what the fuck man

I enjoyed it this one too,. Worst part was probably the story because there's just too much zombie shit out there and this was nothing new. But despite that the atmosphere was actually nice.