Multiple dead after FIU bridge falls on Miami highway

archive.is/NfdaD

Attached: googlebridge.jpg (571x751, 165.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/IxGyU
miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/west-miami-dade/article205316174.html
miaminewtimes.com/news/fiu-bridge-collapse-construction-firms-accused-of-unsafe-practices-10176596
twitter.com
mcm-us.com/about-us/history
82.221.129.208/
miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/west-miami-dade/article205658984.html
miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article205680019.html
miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article205425354.html
edition.cnn.com/2016/08/05/asia/india-bridge-collapse/index.html
telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/commonwealthgames/8015639/Commonwealth-Games-2010-stadium-foot-bridge-collapse-injures-19.html
nytimes.com/2018/03/17/us/florida-bridge-collapse-crack.html
foxnews.com/us/2018/03/17/florida-bridge-collapse-victims-uncle-blasts-decision-to-let-cars-pass-below-unfinished-span.html
archive.is/At97C
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy fuck, I didn't know it was that new, I just figured it was many of our the U.S.' old failing bridges.

one of many*
ffs

source for that claim?

The very fact it collapsed is compelling evidence that no white designed that bridge

florida is filled with spics a doubt a white man designed it and i guarantee a white man didn't build it, and the construction material probably came from china

The bridge wasn't even completed in construction and was to have cables to help it stay up. However, if it was designed by any engineer that understands redundancy, it should have been able to stand without the cables and no other load.

Something tells me the fabrication team cut some corners in order to "save" money, time, or both.

If the bridge was designed/built/to be owned by a US government organization, it was sourced with American materials. There are laws that state you have to do that. At least in my state.

t. Engineer.

Attached: Assault Bridges.png (748x841, 1.57M)

It was designed by a proud whore, plus a team of more whores in STEM.
This is the real empowerment of gracious females and Affirmative Action.

Attached: Community_gathers_to_watch_950-ton_bridge_move_across_Southwest_8th_Street_-_2018-03-15_23.24.21.png (1346x10421, 1.82M)

((( )))

You sound like a retard and here is why (also reported you):
1) Material origins don't matter in this context because sand was most likely brought from Floridian shore and course aggregate is most likely the same (basalt). It doesn't matter where these were brought, it makes no different. In case the case of fly ash, it definitely came a plant nearby (state wise) because it's a waste product, and in the case of cement it usually comes from construction sites in the same district. '''Now here it's the interesting part, if it would have come from China then it might have actually been better as they have better clay deposits. The only "problem" regarding material may have been the type of rebar, but it fits the next point better as basalt rebar is unlikely in this construction and the bridge looks young for steel rebar to get fucked by the sea humidity

2) It doesn't matter the race of the builder because it's the company that makes the building decisions (and the person's paying them). Now, regarding the rebar, from what I see it seems they MIGHT NOT have put enough which is weird because of the last part.

3) The city is the ones that reject or approves plans, AND they go by an strict guide of construction (which is at an international level)

t. Do a lot of construction in the metroplex and hire only white men on (((child support))) and esoteric immigrants

Enjoy your ban faggot

I just watched an engineering video on Jewtube AvE that theorized that if they had temporarily left one of the hydraulic lifts in a center lane below it and blocked traffic to that lane, that this failure would've been averted. It seems the builders just assumed it would withstand its own weight sans support long enough for them to install the cables and tension them, boy were they wrong, if that is indeed the case.

Pay attention to the rendered picture, the bridge was meant to be a suspended one.
This bridge fell without the central support and the vertical suspenders in place.

Attached: 1234567890.png (476x357, 184.09K)

Yeah, and because they didn't want to wait and build it on the spot, the thing was made by a bunch of latino fags. Installed by fags and it fell down, like fags. Build it in place you stupid niggers!

I have not spoken directly to Munilla Construction, but I am satisfied that the testing that was occurring was consistent with best practices," Rosenberg said shortly after 8 p.m.

He traveled to the FIU campus Thursday on same plane with Rosenberg. He said he spoke to MCM partner Pedro Munilla amid the rubble and he attended private briefings at FIU

hire spics and look what happens

This.

I had a hypothesis on why this accident happened. I base it on observations of the fallen bridge but feel free to correct me:

The bridge seems like it lacked support; I know long span bridges are possible but it's more costly. From the image of the collapse it looks like there was insufficient support for the rebar AND I fail to see parts of the column.

You brought up that the bridge wasn't even finished…
Do you think my hypothesis is somewhat correct in that the construction company could have put the columns to the very end of the construction.

I think this because if you look at the area below the bridge, it's a road with painted "signals" (don't know the term for directions drawn on the road); and that's VERY close to the intersection. So, they either postponed it or left it out from the plans.

They wanted to showboat by swinging a prefab across 8 lanes of active highway to install.
The sheer arrogance and narcissism…

archive.is/IxGyU

It was not immediately clear what caused the collapse of a $14.2 million structure FIU had touted as an innovative “instant” bridge because of construction techniques intended to speed up the work and minimize disruption to commuter traffic. The bridge’s main 175-foot span, assembled on the side of the road.

Authorities stressed that it could take days or more to determine what went wrong. But one agency, the Florida Department of Transportation, quickly distanced itself, issuing a fact sheet saying it had a limited role in the project and emphasizing FIU’s responsibility for testing and safely completing the bridge.

Jews and Spics

miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/west-miami-dade/article205316174.html

Miami, likely democrat territory.
Pottery

((( )))
If you're going to d&c and shill, read first.

Oh, you are right about that user. It's all show, same reason the damn thing was made out of concrete and not straight up all steel or aluminum walkway. They wanted to be showy, but cheap. Thus, the results.

Jews and Spics and Women
ftfy

((( )))

What the fuck are you talking about? Shilling what? Shit design, shit planning and shitskins caused this problem.

Yeap.

Attached: 11111.png (784x278, 44.39K)

Don't try to pass the blame to some fabrication team. It goes beyond them. Why did they hire incompetent people? Why were they in a position to cut corners to save money and time? Why did they not QA their work? It sounds to me like the entire structure from the ground up is just as shitty as the bridge they built.

We've now reached Brazil-level in the ZOG. But, as long as God's chosen are secure over in Israel , so what if our bridges fall on our heads? After all, we're only goyim. We can give 38 billion to the kikes, a little less than that to the pakis, but we can just keep having bridges collapse….

well clearly you're not a Jew, too stupid, so you must be a wetback or a vag.

What the fuck are you talking about? That user isn't trying to d&c Aryans, he's saying Aryans had nothing to do with building that bridge.

Now you're just being a kike. Reported.

This situation summed up in one sentence– you cannot have first-world infrastructure in a nation full of 90 IQ mestizos. I realized they've quietly now slipped under the radar the fact that those destroyers in the pacific (crashed due to human error) both had Spcis as commanding officers. This is "Affirmative Action" in "Action."

I hope they 'promote' her in front of her daughter when she's led away in shackles after sentencing for criminal negligence.

I can see it now following the investigations, graft, kickbacks, travel gifts, lavish parties, typical jew beaner bullshit with cocaine parties.

BAN ASSAULT BRIDGES

Your point? Women are shit at design, but if you think any women actually built it, you are fucking stupid. No man with a brain would ever say this was a good idea.

Note, I'm saying I hope she gets the rope too, but I doubt for one second that ho had her hands in making the actual bridge.

Push the message out.
Third world people, third world infrastructure.

Of course a whore never ever would get dirty with grunt work.
That is too demeaning for her narcissism.
What I meant is the cunt and a team of more Affirmative Action Diversity designed and signed the blueprints. She is responsible.

She's further down the food chain, guaranteed, and eventually some nobody at the firm has to fall on their sword to protect the higher ups, whether they like it or not.
That it fell on a hispanic woman should tell you just how pozzed the company is.

checked

I bet Flores is regretting it now that when Rosenberg told her Harvey Weinstein was going to be in Miami Beach and he wanted to hook up with her underage daughter she declined the offer. tisk tisk tisk, so sad! Now it's Piñata time.

Oh, I get that. But if some cunt came to me and told me to make a bridge like this, my company would tell her to fuck off. It's not just bad design that caused this, some stupid prick thought it that woman's design would work. He was dumber than she was.

> Rosenberg said, “I know that tests occurred today. And I know, I believe, that they did not prove to lead anyone to the conclusion that we would have this kind of a result. But I do not know that as a fact.”

impressive

some kind of dagos.

Munilla sounds from Colombia or surroundings.

Construction Firms Behind Collapsed FIU Bridge Faced Accusations of Unsafe Practices
miaminewtimes.com/news/fiu-bridge-collapse-construction-firms-accused-of-unsafe-practices-10176596

total fuck-up companies. FIU is run by Jews trying to save every last shekel.

Mini ZOG alert!
Corrupt politicians are involved handling contracts.

Affirmative Action

You do realize ANY company that the government hands out contracts to does this so they can keep more of the money for whatever personal spending they want to use it for. Take the I-35W bridge collapse in Minnesota for example. It was a shitty design and the construction company used shitty materials while it cost a fortune to build. The government doesn't give two fucks if they blow all your hard earned tax money on a shitty project. They don't care about saving your tax dollars; it's a waste of time to them because the taxpayer is a good goyim that keeps giving money to the government no matter what. America is rotten to the core.

Because doing QA on a non-white's work is racist.

To top it off, I'm non-white myself and in all my years of living on this earth, I have never heard of a woman as an engineer in my country. What the fuck are you whites doing anyway?! Engineering is a man's job and will ALWAYS BE A MAN'S job TO ETERNITY! Women AREN'T ALLOWED and have NO SAY in such matters.

Also affirmative cheapness

Attached: 1393781600349.jpg (756x275, 86.82K)

there's pretty much no white people in Florida are there?

Okay, which one of you is Mike? Topkek.

To Save money. Contractors will do everything they can to cheat you out of your product and save as much money as they can. It seems to be a failing of the owner to QA their own shit.

Your hypothesis might be right, just in that there wasn't enough reinforcement in the bridge span itself. But it wasn't the design, I think the build team cut some corners, used the wrong bar size, didn't space the bars right, didn't use the right type of concrete specified, didn't let it cure long enough in the shop, or something else.

I think what happened is that the self weight was too much for what was built. I think what was designed would have been able to resist itself without any of the cables it was going to have installed. Its really normal for a bridge to have redundant features built into it. If I was designing it, the span would have been able to hold itself up just for the safety if a cable broke, and for construction. Concrete and steel can easily span 100 feet without any trouble.

I don't have any experience with pedestrian bridges but they can't be that much different than highway and road bridges in the basics of design. Rather than trucks, its people. If anything, the tolerances are greater since people don't like walking across bridges that they can feel are deflecting.

The concrete was shit but safe building practices combined with poor design and supervision all contributed to this catastrophe. The corruption runs deeper.

bottom line? spics, jews, and females

Attached: DYXXl3wVQAECKn_.jpg (1920x1080, 548.55K)

To be fair, he was mentioning the ABC methods they were using. ABC is great because you put together most of the parts before hand and then go out and place them. However, FIU found a way to fuck it up.

Anxious to see how the culpable tard(s) will try to crawfish out of this shitstorm.

Attached: white men running the show.jpg (1056x627 446.62 KB, 462.97K)

Whites are systematically shut out of everything everywhere. Whites have been raised to be good little goyim taxpayers and to slave underpaid through 40 hour work weeks….. and then vote in a corrupt two party system. Kike media loves the rags to riches broken immigrant success story no matter how many dead bodies are left in their wake.

Brainwashed, replaced, and dispossessed.
Kek will not allow it.

AvE did an okay analysis of this

I have a DREAM that the bridges I walk over or cross under stay erect.

Fucked up the embed, here

stopped watching at
< keep your dick in a vice

Good.

Jews were invented by this man:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus
I

What?

Attached: skip.jpg (300x256 631 B, 87.69K)

this JIDF faggot needs to read tacitus then kill himself

That "bridges not walls" plan isn't sounding too bad now.

looks like it was a pancake collapse took her down

The fact that America is 56% white?

When the jewish race gets genocide'd for the final time you'll be the first to die.

Attached: bypass.png (596x248 95 B, 61.51K)

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN, HE ACTUALLY DID IT, DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE THREAD ON Holla Forums WHERE THE user WAS TALKING ABOUT COLLAPSING A BRIDGE? THIS WAS ONLY LIKE A WEEK AGO.

Great Platte River Road Archway Monument is something that we should compare and contrast to.

Attached: The_Archway_-_Kearney,_NE_-_2018-03-16_12.26.04.png (1349x657, 1.38M)

I agree, I like to think we all learned an important lesson about female engineers.

eiffel tower is aesthetic af and overengineered. these stem women are nigger tier chip on their shoulder types. they should fuck off.

Believe me, I work with a lot of women like this (unfortunately) and it's pure insecurity from knowing they're not as capable as their male colleagues.

what could possibly go wrong!

Attached: 725aff2fba3efffae484ad11adee478568601165f1b1a2dbf8bb362750adda66.jpg (768x1018, 184.52K)

This. Aren't all modern bridges supposed to be triple-or-ore redundant?

Even if there was a fuck in the primary construction there should at least be redundancies in place to prevent it from falling like a house of cards.

That explains a lot.

It's like a fucking bingo chart!

And here's the streetshitter who designed the ABC (Accelerated Bridge Construction) technology that was used to design the bridge.

This is an absolute shit show of kike, mudskin, and female failures

Attached: with-women-niggers-jews-you-lose-01.png (1684x618, 553.08K)

China does the prefab thing fairly successfully, its just when you have shitskins trying to emulate chinks its a recipe for collapse.

you may see a woman, nigger, and a mongrel. but i see an engineer, an artist, and a mother. :^)

That meme is aesthetic as fuck.
If that's your doing, you should be proud.

I happened to catch part of the documentary on the build-and-testing phase of the Dubai 'Floating Seahorse' prototype.
It was nothing but a fat, hairy Greek manager hollering at a bunch of sandniggers and poo-in-loos in one continuous shitshow of low IQ hyjinks. (Vid related; will try to find the full docu later)

China also tends to be heavy-handed in dealing with incompetence and corruption.
They've been known to hand down death-sentences in construction corruption cases that involved fatalities.

:^):^):^):^)

Attached: spidsee.png (490x368, 208.65K)

Exactly.
When building public infrastructure the Chinese companies know they can't fuck around and it has to be perfect or senior heads will literally roll.
In the USA a fall guy gets a slap on the wrist.

Attached: giphyevpxj.gif (610x330, 3.72M)

Yes tell your daughter her mom is a retarded nog that had a bridge fail after one week.

lol you don't belong here

brain damaged trash can spic

the reason this bridge failed was it's melanin content was too high

kek

Guys following Hamurrabi's Code of Laws we need to build a new pedestrian bridge and collapse it onto the bridge designers for this FIU bridge. Alright thumbs up let;s do this guys.

Can't we just build a better bridge then throw them off it?
Sort of the same

AvE is a liberal and thinks it's fucking great for immigrants to come in, "because who's going to take care of us when we get old?"

it won't send the same message.

twitter.com
/carolrosenberg/status/974381946049585154

Good news my fellow black pillers.
The construction firm who built that bridge has been awarded the contract to build the expansion wing at Gitmo.

Thanks to the engineering prowess of spics, American citizens no longer have to fear that Crooked Hillary will coup Trump, sieze the Presidency and then mass deport and rendition Trump voters to Gitmo, where we will all be sodomized by the CIA until our assholes rupture and we all have to wear blood soaked diapers.

Because that construction firm willl employ illiterate Gibs who will skip installing critical structural support, and Gitmo will collapse upon itself, killing hundreds of National Guard and Glow-in-the-Darks staffing the secret torture prison as well as 275 of their children in the Gitmo High School. Best of all, the remaining 41 Terrorist prisoners will die too, delivering the mercy of death, which is what we should have given them back when we captured them in 2093, instead of locking them away forever to play Playstation and enjoy free Art classes, and these Lions of Allah will to go to Paradise and enjoy an eternity of copulation with 72 waifus.

Attached: IMG_6124.JPG (183x275, 45.67K)

We need to ban assault bridges.

couple vids from the day of collapse

Attached: WPLG Local 10 Local14.com_0002.mp4 (640x360 10.66 MB, 2.77M)

will a bald headed lesbian come forward and demand NO NEW BRIDGES?

Way the fuck back in the Roman hey day when they started to remove the dirt from under a finished arch they constructed the designer/engineer was required to stand under the structure as the worker bees scooped out the dirt.
GUESS WHAT THE MOTHER FUCKERS ARE STILL STANDING

Attached: roman_ruins-06.jpg (1100x733, 174.87K)

I know that leftists bang on all day about how mestizos and niggers can be rocket surgeons and brain scientists if we just gib mo monie fo dem programz but I didn't think that they believed it. I just that that SWPLs and their (((employers))) were just shilling for gibs so they could skim off the top and live plush. I guess that these retards started getting high on their own supply.

Attached: 1cb3180fb6fa64b50bf869ce7417f531d15b2de4d04e90c21b7c5f7796e2e27a.jpg (600x621, 49.14K)

notSmiley/Sphincter? Same post style. Same habits. Same general kikery.

Attached: e47831.jpg (295x314, 25.28K)

This isn't Holla Forums.

Holla Forums is the containment board for retards and newfags. (You) should go back to your people, they miss (you).

The fucking Japs built Shrines that could endure a two nukes and a tsunami!

Shitskins really don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Attached: I-205_BRIDGE.jpg (508x350, 60.33K)

I will never care about anyone dying until they care about me dying. Either my feelings are real or nobodies are. Nobody that reads death porn actually cares about the victims, their families, or preventing future tragedies. It's a distraction and a chance to push an agenda. Just bein honest!

White men do it for fun.

Fuck off, kike.

Build bridges, not walls goy…

If we hire FIU to build a bridge to meh-HEE-koe and put a bunch of "dreamers" on it, will it collapse and kill them?

Too bad about the lead lining though.

lego's are so cool now

If I think about it I bet the lead was melted and used to seal the joints was genius sealing method except it was lead.

the Eiffel tower is a very interesting case because it was not intended to be permanent. It was designed to be a temporary structure for the 1889 world's fair, yet it has stood strong for over 130 years.
hmmm………

of course now they have desecrated it with a mural depicting White genocide
kike demons

unfortunately, no.
not necessarily
generally speaking the "acceptable" safety factor has gone down over the last few decades
the "justification" for this is the idea that modern engineering methods and improvements in materials science made earlier "less efficient" methods obsolete.
of course, add in diversity hires, jewish bean counters, and stronk wimmenz "engineers" and the results are predictably tragic.
yet more fatalities due to (((diversity))).

you started strong
but then you shilled for muslums
3/10

never underestimate the stupidity of marxists/ leftists
never underestimate the greed of jews and their complete disregard for the lives and well being of any and all non-jews
never underestimate the impressionability of the useful idiots/ wantons
never underestimate the incompetence of blacks and browns.
never underestimate how bad things can, and will, get if White people do not take our countries back and remove all non-Whites (including all jews).

the situation is already dire
things are so much worse than most White people think

Attached: The_Diversity_Toll_Rises.png (1346x5326 56.25 KB, 1.71M)

Someone on Holla Forums made some OC

Attached: bridgesviadiversity[1].png (641x821, 514.85K)

They drank straight out of lead cups anyway as it'd make things taste sweeter. Plus lead solder was used for household plumbing in the US up to 1986.

Fucking useless gay Mormon shit

The bridge was built on the public dole, aka funded by the goyim. You're only correct for the cases where Jewish money is involved.

Attached: 5aac1b46a2bc4.jpeg (1267x1980, 742.86K)

Has virtue signaling gone too far?

I would say "equality" have gone too far.
It is more than obvious females cannot compare to men.
Their main purpose is to make babies, and more than that is like to trying to reason with an animal.

Attached: Are women humans.jpg (1131x652 46.39 KB, 300.63K)

That second picturepriceless

Probably because the family has Glowing recommendations, if you know what I mean.

mcm-us.com/about-us/history
"…Then, in 1960, Fidel Castro confiscated the firm and the Munilla family was separated.
Four of his sons,….were brought to the U.S. through the Pedro Pan airlift operation days before the Bay of Pigs invasion. They were placed in an orphanage in Ohio. The two youngest, …..stayed behind with their Mother, Maria Munilla, until safe passage could be arranged. Mr. Munilla stayed, fighting for his country’s freedom, leading covert operations along with the CIA.

He was arrested 3 times and finally managed to escape the island just ahead of Castro’s henchmen. Mr. Munilla arrived in America with a change of clothes, his credentials, and a fierce determination to reunite his family. He succeeded within a year…"

This same company is supposed to start construction for a bridge for semi trucks near me. In an area with lots of mills and chemical plants. Nope, nothing could possibly go wrong here. Not worried at all.

You better inform the mayor and the people of the town about the company.

People are already raising hell. Local news paper is reporting on it. I think people are still trying to find out who is responsible, if it's a city, county, or state affair.

Diversity hire bridges to fly so good.

And when the mayor and marxists begin to call you a bigot and a cavemen, tell then that they are projecting, that "diversity" is code word for White men displacement and disenfranchising.
Just another piece of the master plan of White Genocide.

Attached: DOckoKHVwAA_N_p-963x1024.jpg (963x1024, 293.46K)

What the fuck kind of wood are those arches made out of? Shit is better than steel and concrete.

Is that dumb bitch trying to chisel the nuts off her wheels?

As if this story couldn't get any more ridiculous… the design called for hammocks to be placed under the archways.

Attached: Feminist Bridge Hammocks.png (721x929, 777.25K)

oh yeah, i'm totally going to bring my own hammock to a bridge in the middle of a busy urban area and spend my afternoon chilling over a busy 6 lane highway, that sounds sooo relaxing. crack open a beer and take in the exhaust fumes, maybe chat with the homeless tent people that have taken refuge on the bridge.

bottom right of pic:
coffee,hammocks and benches LMAO

user, as much as I agree that women and men aren't equal, that doesn't mean you should be proud that one of your race was tied up to a wall by a kike porn producer.

Attached: arthur schopenhauer pringles.jpg (600x740, 187.88K)

That's amazing.

Attached: abstract engineering.PNG (606x577 149.02 KB, 146.61K)

Is there a reason she didn't tire iron?
I've only replaced about six tires in my life so I'm not an expert, but why did she do this?
PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME

It's a "lock" nut, it requires a key socket. If you want to remove it without the key you need a special tool to fracture the nut.

Also, this thread disappoints (but doesn't surprise) me. You're all a bunch of retards with little to no experience in science or engineering. You're not prepared to provide for your family or community in the event of a survival situation because you have no practical skills. This is just a daily reminder that you need to actively de-retard yourselves.

Have a nice day.

FIU Bridge Collapse Caught on Dash Cam

that I-35 bridge was built the mid 1960s and worked fine for ~40 years. you cant compare that to one that was days old…

t. mnbro

Jim Stones take on the bridge debacle

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-17 Jimstone is - World Class Investigative Truth.png (866x1707, 1.29M)

Literally who.

He has posted on Holla Forums before he has a distinct style.
82.221.129.208/
or
jimstonefreelance.com

The new shit built by imported Mexicans with Chinese steel is far more likely to fall than the stuff built in the early 1900s.

It is not a steel bridge user it is concrete and pretty much this whole thread will show you the design and installation were the culpable factors.
That coupled with a certified minority® general contractor, beaner women engineers and a design geared for esthetics rather than safety and longevity were the culpable factors.
If you want an eye pleasing design AND SAFETY AND LONGEVITY simply call white men engineering and construction.

Do we have some questions answered though?

yes

not released officially last I knew
random fucking anons using first world freeway while diversity was building footbridges over their poor fucking heads

Attached: build_bridges_not_walls.png (622x467, 630.08K)

Remember it was to be used mainly for university students, even though it'd probably attract homeless if they didn't have/use proper security for the bridge.

This is how it works
1) Bridge/structure has to support its own weight
FAILED
2) Bridge/structure has to support dynamic loading of expected traffic plus maximum conceivable loading.

It doesn't matter who he is, what matters is his plan.

This is at odds with the explanation given by AvE. His explanation is that it is more the fault of the contractors needing to change how the bridge was installed. But those changes still needed to be approved so it could still be the design team fault as well.

it was a shit show from bottom to top.

no doubt about that. It is just important to be honest with blame. There are more than enough reasons to not like niggers spics and jews that we don't need to blame them for things that they did not do. It just makes us look irrational.

Stone is talking about this look at 2 pics and the "vees" if they are not ordered and all symmetrical then some of the members will have greater forces on them like the longer lower angled members.
Good video thanks for posting.

Attached: 82d8dbc63d5b5fbe935ffdc130774afb.jpg (195x117 63.47 KB, 36.26K)

I did a fucking science project on various bridge types in fucking fifth grade. Trusses have to be uniform. If they’re not uniform, they can’t be load-bearing. You can design a facade that looks asymmetrical only if you have a separate support structure actually doing the work. This is literally something that a fifth grader can grasp. And these multi-million dollar contracted college graduates failed to do so.

you can have a non-uniform truss structure, it will just be less efficient. And I am not sure about the vertical truss. It will not contribute the same as the others. But statics is not really my forte.

What I gathered from watching AvE and reading up what happened, both the tension cable and the planned support beam were the main supports to help bear the load of the asymmetrical trusses. Of course, the post-modern, diversity hires botched-up the installation,

Why even do tension supports?
HIstory has proven that compression based support is overwhelmingly superior.

Diversity in action.

A hip new modern bridge designed by stronk wmyn goblinos. I dub this bridge "The Hillary".

(trips heiled)
(checked)
You are correct user, having uniform section is way easier to analyze. Every joint is inspected and each member has to be in tension or compression if it has no load you remove it. There is such a thing as a "statically indeterminate truss". In that case scrap it start over.

It seems to me we have the perfect cluster fuck of conditions has arisen. Fucking girl driven artistic design, beaner construction lack of communication and poor planning on the actual installation.
The mother fucker did not stand up for a week oh my surprise surprise

The bridge was subject to loads that it was not meant to handle during installation. I believe that the bridge itself was sound. There are enough safeguards in place to ensure that. The mistake was how it was constructed and the last minute changes that probably did not get properly audited.

Steel does well in tension.

I recognize this phrase. I took a statics and material strengths classes as part of my mech eng degree.

You have to have both members present in a truss you cant have all compression, the joint has to be in symmetry with compression and tension balancing each other.
Pic related shows what I am talking about.

Attached: truss.gif (350x538, 6.42K)

For the non-engineers, the strongest simple structure that can be build is a triangle. The more triangles (or smaller the triangles) you use, the stronger the structure.
Essentially the bridge gave way when one side of a triangle broke.

built

Only the bridge failed from the other side… Looking at the video the side without stairs is where the bridge initially began to collapse. Is this dude high or am I just fucking retarded?

Attached: WutFace.png (568x648, 47.79K)

Look I posted that without looking at a bunch of other things. It made immediate sense to me. I am not putting it up as absolute word of god truth just things to be considered is all

Bingo and an equilateral triangle I might add ty user

There can be multiple reasons for the crash, no? Maybe if the bridge had a middle support, it would hold; if it was hanging, it would also hold, and if it was neither, but constructed to balance stresses and with quality materials (not a fucking block of concrete), it would still hold. At least for some time. I wouldn't put incompetence in every single aspect beyond these stupid fucks.

Tell that to Brunel!

Attached: Maidenheadbridge.jpg (582x400, 186.74K)

Who the fuck is Jim Stones.

This is a perfectly fine bridge model. It just seems to have been built by idiots.

Attached: bridge-model.jpg (802x543, 343.87K)

Idiots who it seems forgot that key suspension element.

In retrospect this bridge design makes about as much sense a Jeb Bush marrying a goblin.

That's because the bridge was even finished yet. The site should have technically been considered a construction site. Key support structures (as you noted) were not yet in place. As the bridge was not supported properly when it was put in place (the lack of load spreader plates) which would have put stress on the unsupported bridge base. This could cause a crack in the base as the weight of the bridge is only on the four support points.

the hard water calcified over the lead after a while, forming a protective coating

Are you illiterate?

That is not a truss Brunel

Holy fuck I never saw that picture til now
Duly noted ty user.
The problem is they used just the bottom as the truss between the supports without the upper guys or mast attached and unsupported it had no chance.
Now it makes sense it broke at the weakest unsupported section.

See, these are the kind of pics I want to see from the school shootings. Real blood, real carnage, real death. Pics are it didin't fucking happen.

That is probably transmission fluid due to it emanating from the engine compartment. Sorry.
If you want to think about it, you can say it is car gore. :^)

Attached: transmissionfluid.jpg (1920x1080, 174.55K)

I have heard that info concerning the bridge is being purged, but it seem more related to a possible civil case.
I don't know if it's true, but I sure hope you guys did archive everything. Right?

Indeed, looking at the pic, only the engine block is crushed. Nothing past the curve of the roof is under the rubble, so at most the legs of the people in the front seat would have gotten flattened.

But seeing as there's no bloodtrails FROM the car, or any bodies still in the seats, we can safely say the driver and passenger (If any) are VERY lucky to be alive. Another half second and they would have been Pâté.

Surprising that a Kia did that well. The transaxle popped like a balloon, but I don't even see a wrinkle in the roof over the cab.

Somehow, the benches would structurally fail.

I'm pretty sure jim stones is the nigger who's advertising his own gay website ITT, look at his posts "Stone is talking about…"
what a fag

Builder of doomed bridge has friends in high places
When Pedro Munilla was angling to build Florida International University’s $14 million pedestrian overpass, he wasn’t shy about trumpeting his local bona fides.

“As a proud FIU alumnus, member of the Dean’s Council for the School of Business and recent Recipient of the Torch Award for Distinguished Alumni…,” the Munilla Construction Management president wrote in the first line of his letter to the school’s selection committee.

But MCM, now under scrutiny after the bridge collapsed onto Southwest Eighth Street, crushing cars and their occupants, is no mom-and-pop outfit. It has powerful friends in the nation’s capital and has scored lucrative military contracts, including one worth tens of millions at the Guantánamo Bay military base.
miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/west-miami-dade/article205658984.html

Attached: Munilla.jpeg (1140x641, 106.38K)

Former Miami City Manager Joe Arriola, Pedro Munilla and Julio Gonzalez-Rebull

Sergio Alsina photographer

Attached: Munilla (2).jpeg (1140x759, 65.14K)

Pedro and Madeline Munilla have appeared over the years at galas for charitable organizations.

Orlando L. Garcia Special to the Miami Herald

Attached: munilla (1).jpeg (1140x1886, 159.92K)

FIU President Mark Rosenberg speaks during a press conference at FIU Health Ambulatory Care Center adressing the new bridge collapse on Thursday. Sebastian Ballestas [email protected]

Attached: rosenberg.jpeg (1140x641, 51.09K)

FIU President Mark Rosenberg (fourth from right), staff members, engineers and residents posed for a pictured as the main span of the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity pedestrian bridge was lifted from its temporary supports, rotated 90 degrees across an eight-lane thoroughfare and lowered into its permanent position over Southwest Eighth Street. Pedro Portal [email protected]

Attached: rosenberg(2).jpeg (768x441, 60.07K)

grandiose design, epic failure

Attached: bridge(5).jpeg (768x553, 45.9K)

These are the victims of the FIU pedestrian bridge collapse

miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article205680019.html

Attached: BridgeCollaps3 seven mhd mjo (1).jpeg (768x591, 108.26K)

Nothing wrong with the design. It was a construction failure.

I have painstakingly made this complex graphic to explain, hopefully you can all understand.

Attached: accelerated bridge construction.png (836x852, 37.55K)

What is the lesson did we learn? Do not effin' hire the people based on Affirmative Action method and hire the talented white men only.

I can put it more succintly:
LIBERALISM KILLS

Meet MCM and FIGG, the two firms behind FIU’s collapsed pedestrian bridge

When a 175-foot stretch of a concrete bridge collapsed Thursday afternoon over Southwest Eighth Street, slamming down onto cars waiting at a stoplight, a prominent construction team instantly came under scrutiny.

Munilla Construction Management and FIGG Bridge Group, the firms behind the $14.3 million walkway connecting Florida International University to the tiny blue-collar burb of Sweetwater, have a long history of massive public works projects, political donations — and a few safety issues.

MCM is one of the most influential construction firms in Miami-Dade, and its executives are significant donors in county races. Pedro Munilla, the partner and company vice president who helps lead the firm, is a former attorney who was effectively disbarred in 2001. A Florida Supreme Court filing said Munilla agreed to a “disciplinary resignation” which is “tantamount to disbarment.” His Florida Bar listing includes his MCM email address and identifies Munilla as “not eligible to practice law in Florida.”

He enjoys cordial relationships with elected officials at all levels of government. Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez said he spoke by phone with Munilla in the hours after the collapse while the mayor was in Hong Kong during a trade mission. One of Gimenez’s sons, lobbyist C. J. Gimenez, has registered to lobby for MCM in the past, and his other son, Julio, used to work for the company as a construction executive.

miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article205425354.html

WHAT A BUNCH OF CUNTS

The Munilla family is Miami-based — nearly half their bridge team were FIU graduates — and they are prolific political givers. The five brothers who run the company — Fernando, Juan, Pedro, Raul, and Jorge, an FIU alumnus himself — have given more than $500,000 combined since 2000, and their family members have given hundreds of thousands more.

The biggest recipient has been the anti-Castro US-Cuba Democracy Political Action Committee, to which the brothers have donated more than $100,000. They have donated more than $60,000 to committees supporting Mario Diaz-Balart, who helped secure the federal grant for the project.

“We're going to find out what the heck happened here, this is beyond tragic,” Diaz-Balart said.

The company and its founders also contributed $165,000 to state political candidates in the last 20 years, including more than $19,000 to the Florida Transportation Builders Association political committee in the 2016 cycle and $10,000 to a Homestead-based political committee called "Change is Good,'' in 2015.

FIGG and its prncipals contributed more than $99,000 to state political candidates in the last 20 years, most of it — $60,000 — to the Republican Party of Florida during the time the Garcon Point Bridge in Santa Rosa County was under investigation in 2001. The bridge was constructed by Odebrecht-Metric, which paid $4-million in fines and restitution for violating the Clean Water Act for illegal dumping of cement into Pensacola Bay during the construction. Figg Engineers, which did the inspections and were responsible for oversight of the construction, were not charged.

Federally, the Figg family has given more than $90,000 to candidates and committees since 2000.

Oh jesus christ they're going to turn out to be some kind of pizza-partying glow in the dark nigger assets with pictures of them with Hillary in their office aren't they.

If you hire brown people, you get brown people engineering.

edition.cnn.com/2016/08/05/asia/india-bridge-collapse/index.html

telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/commonwealthgames/8015639/Commonwealth-Games-2010-stadium-foot-bridge-collapse-injures-19.html

WHY HAS NO ONE BEEN ARRESTED AS OF YET????

OH I SEE, POLITICAL CORRUPTION, THAT'S WHY

That's a good meme user.

Attached: Liberalism kills.PNG (1042x637, 1.39M)

Attached: Computer_Animation_Bridge_Construction-1521214443065.mp4 (640x360, 5.77M)

it's not even funny those kukz could have left one of the thicc jacks under the middle of the road on the medium, wut wuz it weds they had a clamping ceremony taking all the risers out. ffs probly didn't budget in keepin a jack under it as a precaution. this is an embarrassment to the entire state of FL and USA.

nytimes.com/2018/03/17/us/florida-bridge-collapse-crack.html

foxnews.com/us/2018/03/17/florida-bridge-collapse-victims-uncle-blasts-decision-to-let-cars-pass-below-unfinished-span.html

Attached: beehive.gif (2497x2265, 189.19K)

So they did not build the support structures first before they put the bridge on. How would they not see that it can't sustain the bridge without the support for long??

There's a common saying in East Africa. If you want to do something right, with precision and effort and go the extra mile to make it clean and straight, it's called "British standard". If you want to half-ass it and not even try and take twice as long to do it, it's called "Kikuyu standard". You can replace "Kikuyu" with any of the other people groups there, they're all niggers.

Hey check this video out.

Attached: Copy.mp4 (400x224, 1.02M)

Bridges have metalworks.
Yes, idiots didn't follow the plans.
Yes, the plans were too 'smart'.
Yes, communists are ruining everything.
But, bridges still have rebar and tension lines.
Do not say that bridges don't.

Correct.

http www miamiherald com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article205425354.html
archive.is/At97C

Digging into the demographics and capital behind the firms reveals this in technicolor madness. The bridge was a causality of a disbarred attorney turned public coffer pilferer via construction contracting. It uses underbids, with international chink metalworks suppliers, international shitskin student tech for 'brains' (nepotistic university slave labor), and spics for laborers and contractors (larping as 'cubans' no less). All a choreographed illusion of account transaction exchanges, for make-work programs, using political and central bank currency, for international chink and spic money laundering.

In industries connected to metals, concrete, and mass parts distribution, beware the Tampa and Keys chink inlets. The trade wars can't come soon enough; far past time to bring it all into the limelight.

Attached: 20180315_Florida.International.University.Pedestrian.Bridge.Collapse.jpg (768x469 104.65 KB, 92.5K)

Is it me or does it look like the top part buckles just a split second before the whole thing fails?

I can't see the whole buckle thing because it is behind the crane. I think you would be right. They found the crack, but they did not block the road because they think it is not a safety issue.

obviously the simulations didn't take into account the effect of gravity, only simulated gravity.

Was that a school bus?

yes a bus full o f kindr passed under it only moments before the structure falls, perhaps lucky kindr.

The School bus is lucky to dodge a bridge crash.

Attached: cunts.jpg (1242x1372, 216.45K)

I SEEEEEE JEEEEEEEEWWW

Attached: 2018-03-18_155346.jpg (1279x699, 176.35K)

How many other structurally unsound building projects are out there waiting to collapse on peoples heads. An I-team investigation is needed!!!

Bad goy!! You aren't supposed to see that on the (((media))).

Also what's with this Trumpstein animu shit in the lower right corner, give me back my swastika.

So for anyone who's interested: the problem seems to lie in the fact that they changed around one of the supports, which changed stress on one of the post tensions, after which they just kept tensioning it until they could hear it snap.

This isn't something something that should be happening in the first place, but what makes it worse is that they did this while traffic was going under the bridge (literally what) and they didn't clear out the area even after they heard the post tension snap.

In this case it does because a couple of spics tensioned it beyond its limits and then just threw their arms up saying "Fuck it" and then people died.

Friendly reminder that those are actually simple tubes and not stay cables.

How fine is the model now?

user, I…

With a group like that

Attached: elephants.jpg (589x442, 98.44K)

literally a bridge to nowhere

Here is the visual evidence to prove that the affirmative action method is a fatally failure.

Attached: Navari Brown murdered by FIU bridge.PNG (944x595, 1.15M)

Hopefully, someone in the Trump administration can connect the dots, and push for the elimination of affirmative action in government contracting.

I dunno user, dead nigs seem like a success to me.

You don't understand user, he dindu nuffin and was about to finish his phd in applied physics.

Attached: 0c1b318ac5d501754fc7814fd2da3e290a1833ee1f15d38d35e6d47e3b63e732.jpg (500x500, 132.58K)

"build bridges, not walls"
'kay, just don't let the nigger-spic's build the bridges…

lol