SWAT 4: Trailers Edition

GAME AND EXPANSION:
torrentproject.se/6067412aa178b6a3cbee0047da0cc6ed32efbf3d/SWAT-4-Gold-Edition-AnCiENT-torrent.html
Extract, mount with something like wincdemu.sysprogs.org/ and install.
No-CD: lonebullet.com/cracks/download-swat-4-the-stetchkov-syndicate-v10-englishgerman-no-cdfixed-exe-free-4830.htm
If you get a bug accepting the expansion EULA run this while on the page:
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03244836270563529428
Game/mod/map pack extract-and-play repacks by anons:
mega.nz/#F!zYUSBQQZ!qjPlImJQV8zKG4WG4ebUXA
mega.nz/#!pF0A0YKZ!vbMMfuA4altNhKq-Nc7jPXzLzFVSaUNOWzEU6f0T9n8

MOD AND UNOFFICIAL MOD PATCH:
kellys-heroes.eu/files/swat4/InstallSSFModv3.1.zip (installer installs to own folder)
gofile.io/?c=fs73lL
Install patch by merging SSFModv3.1 folder with mod folder in SWAT folder. Extra AI files are for testing, don't touch them unless something happens.
Disabling radio dispatches removes the freeze at the start of a game, merge with base Content and ContentExpansion folders to install.
If you got the old repack, you need to revert some files to vanilla with this: rgho.st/private/6L7jvgPdb/320d5cef07ee0e3e588698e4966cec8c

GAMERANGER:
gameranger.com/

MEGA MAP PACK (some broken ets-clan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=7351):
mega.nz/#F!H1QmxbyY!u7wBmE-sDCAcMG12Bo0Nlw
Update: rgho.st/private/6MM2hf6Rq/3b4ec2d7a96ce9cfc59f95cf2bd7b31d
Merge with Content / ContentExpansion folders in main SWAT folder accordingly.
Original ModDB version (doesn't have installer): moddb.com/games/swat-4/addons/mega-map-pack

Install the game, then the expansion, then the mod, patch, and GameRanger. Map pack is recommended though it's possible for someone to host only vanilla maps.

How to Join:
>MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN LAN, start game or join, and have fun!
You can also join by Direct IP or by console command: open (IP) if a host is willing to give their IP out.

OTHER:
SCREENSHOT KEY IS NUMPAD SLASH.
Change your name in Settings > Game Controls.
Server hosts turn off Team Specific Weapons in the advanced tab to allow all weapons to be used in CO-OP.
10+ PLAYER CO-OP: Use console command: set serversettings maxplayers #
Toggle microphone: induktio.net/wiki/Toggle_VoIP_(TSS_ONLY)
Widescreen resolutions are available by opening the command console with ~ and using command (replace W and H with your resolution): setres WxHx32
Widescreen text fix: ets-clan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=930
More console commands: induktio.net/wiki/Console_commands
Windowed (might need to set file to read-only): pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/SWAT_4#Windowed
GameRanger AdBlock: Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and double click on hosts (open with Notepad++ or something similar).
Make a new line at the end and paste this: pastebin.com/ZzvS7E3s

Pasta: ghostbin.com/paste/z23zr

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis
mega.nz/#!0NcUVaRK!Y6cQkzu1yIjPhTlGTRR96gP_JvQHaNPvkno-efstpsY
gameranger.com/
gofile.io/?c=fs73lL
mega.nz/#F!zYUSBQQZ!qjPlImJQV8zKG4WG4ebUXA
mega.nz/#!pF0A0YKZ!vbMMfuA4altNhKq-Nc7jPXzLzFVSaUNOWzEU6f0T9n8
thegamerplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4465
ttlg.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=98505
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you goys better do RAD ops some time

Are we stuck doing things the pussy ass American way or can we do things the manly way?

Last night I had a weird bug where I couldn't change my equipment nor reload my taser. All I could do was walk, crouch, and anything related to the F key. So I literally had to become pic related. I lasted a surprisingly long time that way.

Important note: The new repack uses the SwatAI and SwatAICommon files labeled (sas) in the 3.1a folder. Last night an user hosted a game with the new repack and I couldn't connect to the server until I changed my own ai files.

DA! Manly way is always best!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

Got to love the Russian way of doing things, cause an embarrassment they find a way to add you to the kill count.

What constitutes a good manly mission? I'l see if I use the editor to whip something up. I currently can't figure out how use the left hand toolbar, nothing seems to work when trying to use a selected item . Also I loaded I was believe is SEAL Renovate TSS into the editor and it was missing quite alot of things, like the stairwell for one.
Also I'l be hosting, but unable to join or make any changes for at minimum of a couple of hours. Not let that stop anyone from having fun, same as last time because why change when it isn't broken
Name:you-are-in-the-way-sir
pass:Element-2016

You can't go wrong with a plane or airport hijacking

Afterwards you can follow up with some Mudslime hunting in Paris Sage for double post

fuck meepo

I was talking about Joint Operations Typhoon Rising. When are we gonna play that again?

Let us have a moment of silence.

I don't know what that is, I just saved it from last thread

Some time tomorrow seeing as I have the file already downloaded.

Why would you mention Joint Operations in a SWAT 4 thread? Joint Operations Thread When?

Joining now.

Also, Hostanon, you should of posted the MEGA links from last thread that were preinstalled and just needed GameRanger installed.

Download This:
mega.nz/#!0NcUVaRK!Y6cQkzu1yIjPhTlGTRR96gP_JvQHaNPvkno-efstpsY
Unpack it.
Now install GameRanger:
gameranger.com/

Once installed and registered with GR, go to SWAT 4, it should be under the Shooter category.
Find the room from the thread, currently it's:
'you-are-in-the-way-site', password is 'Element-2016' (caps sensitive).
When you're in the room, top toolbar, click Room, click Options. In the games tab, find SWAT 4 The Stetchkov Syndicate and underneath Location, click browse.
The .exe you want selected is /S.W.A.T. 4/SSFmodv3.1/Swat4X.exe

Now you can click Join and the game will boot. Click Join Room, make sure it's set to LAN mode, NOT internet, click Update and the room will appear. Join and bring order to the chaos

Pic Related is my old guide for manually installing everything yourself.

Oh, and apparently we're running SAS AI, so you'll need to download:
gofile.io/?c=fs73lL
Extract the Alternate AIs folder.
Now go to /S.W.A.T. 4/SSFmodv3.1/System
Drag and drop the two files with (sas) in their names. Delete the files called AI.ini and SWATAIcommon.u, then rename the (sas) files you just copied so they have the names of the files you just deleted.

Now you can play.

But they are.

> mega.nz/#F!zYUSBQQZ!qjPlImJQV8zKG4WG4ebUXA
> mega.nz/#!pF0A0YKZ!vbMMfuA4altNhKq-Nc7jPXzLzFVSaUNOWzEU6f0T9n8
So now there are (three?) seperate repacks, all of different sizes.

See

Oh, I didn't read that text about the repacks, because all I saw was the original links.
I goofed.

Strange the game should have done as it did last night and igonored me if I don`t ready up in time. I`l see if the dedicated server will work now.

no I still get
>* WARNING - PATHS MAY NOT BE VALID *
In the log, which I assume is somehow is likely tied to ports (10480, 10481, 10482, and 10483) most likely not being open.
thegamerplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4465

Also the ad server is likely dead, however it is the prince of the matter.
ttlg.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=98505

Why wouldn't you mention JOPS?

Holla Forums

Polite bump,
Joint Ops thread

Anyone have an archive to the previous thread?
I was using the sergeant's guide for maggots.

could i have the link to the 1.1 update please?

It comes with the expansion.

I will upload my copy to v`s vola (link in the share thread`s OP) when I am able to do so. Nice dubs you have there. Also hopefully the host well say if the modified ai files are needed or not.

keep in mind this applies only to the old mega repack. People using the new one shouldn't have to worry about any of this stuff besides installing Gameranger. People using torrents of the game are better off following . Also the new repack using the alternate ai files so you will have to change those now. But without further ado:

Alright maggots, I've suffered through getting the Mega repack from the OP up and running so here's a tutorial to make the process as simple and painless as possible.

YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING
The Swat 4 repack (in the OP); passwords for the 2 archives are the folder names "SWAT-4_1.1-and-expansion" and "SWAT-4-Sources-Installer+Mods" without quotes, the map pack update (Mega Map pack is included in the repack), the SSF mod, the SSF 3.1a update, and Gameranger.

STEP 1: INSTALL THE FUCKING GAME WITH THE INSTALLER YOU WORMS
Shit's easy and painless. No need to worry about fixes or cracks. It just works right out of the box. You should be able to boot up both the vanilla game and TSS at this point.

STEP 2: REVERT THE TEXTURES
In the mod folder there is another folder called Texture Backup. Merge the folders contained within with your root Swat 4 install.

STEP 3: EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE SSF MOD
The base SSF mod has an installer. Point it to your Swat 4 install and let it do its work. The 3.1a update must be installed manually. Merge the folder SSFModv3.1 with the folder of the same name in your root install. Then take the contents of the NoRadioDispatch folder and merge it with your root as well. Don't bother with the AI files. Overwrite files as needed during this step.

STEP 4: EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE MAP PACKS
The Mega Map Pack (provided in the repack mod folder) has a command prompt installer. If you installed Swat 4 into a normal file path(like C/Sierra/Swat 4 or Program Files x86/Sierra/Swat 4), it will automatically locate it. If you installed it somewhere weird, then you have to spell out the filepath in the terminal. When I ran the installer, it said that all the maps were already installed. DO IT ANYWAYS JUST TO BE SURE. The map pack update must be installed manually. Merge the Content and Content Expansion folders to your root install, overwriting files as it asks.

STEP 5: GAMERANGER
Install Gameranger and make an account. Go into the Options menu and scroll down to Swat 4 TSS. Set the launch .exe to Swat4X.exe located in the SSFModv3.1 folder. When you join a room make sure you DON'T have an instance of the game already running. When the host starts the game up it will boot on your end as well. If for any reason you leave the game and want to join back in, or if you join a room where the game has already started, you click on the Join Game button in the bottom right hand corner of the lobby menu. When the game boots up you select the Join Multiplayer option and look for the server list under LAN. Connect to the server and enjoy.