Saturday Night Horror Thread

Spooks gonna Spook.

>And most importantly: Why is there no Rule 34 of Dreadout Scratches ?

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptidz.wikia.com/wiki/Nightcrawler
www2.mangafreak.net/Read1_Gyo_1
www2.mangafreak.net/Read1_Gyo_7
moddb.com/mods/penumbra-necrologue
kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/anatomy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Being pozzed is scary

Is it just me, or do they not make horror soundtracks like back in the day anymore?

That's more or less just ambient noise

But what if that is exactly what's needed?

I wouldn't classify it as a "soundtrack" then, since ambient noise tends to be dynamic. You may as well say they don't make sound design in horror like back in the day, since it's equally true.

Speaking of which I got around to trying the RE7 demo and they'd be way better off working on Condemned 3 or something instead.

cryptidz.wikia.com/wiki/Nightcrawler

Heh

Pecan boy is coming..

Does Dead Rising count as a Spooky game? If so, I'm playing through that right now and I keep getting my ass kicked by Adam.

It's actually fake
It's really a pair of paint being led along by wires or something like that

I still would be lethally afraid of a INNAWOODS scenario. Just imagine. You, all alone, in a small log cabin, fair away from civilization - and suddenly, you see something just barely visible at the edge of the light provided by the hut.

How would it attack you? It looks really easy to throw it off balance

no

How do you even know what IT is?

Is someone going to post the rest of that Japanaese fish-spider comic from last thread?

Absolutely not.

Just kidding

Fin Chapter 4

Hue

It's Sunday ya cunts.

Thread was made on saturday ya baka

Not on the Best Coast; happy sunday by the by user.

Is that supposed to be a girl screaming in horror? I am laughing my ass off

Where can I find the first 3 chapters?

Girls scream AIEEEE, Sharks go GASHUNK

really, what are you complaining about?

google it lol

www2.mangafreak.net/Read1_Gyo_1

But seriously, you can find Ito's stuff on just about any fucking Vietnamese Wood Carving Internetwork Site

so that's where this is from

Fin Chapter 5. I'll do one more before I go to bed.

I thought the last thread was still alive that's why I asked.

euH

I still want a good fucking horror game set in an abandoned mine (which also isn't Penumbra)

Fin Chapter 6. Goodnight faggots Don't let that weird figure you may or may not see when looking out of the window scare you.

Is that it or is that all you're posting for tonight?

Since he was kind enough to spoonfeed me you can continue from here:
www2.mangafreak.net/Read1_Gyo_7

There's 14 additional chapters to this story, but I am both tired and drunk. Which is why I call it a day.

Anuuu…

I don't know why you didn't just post a link to the comic in the first place rather than wasting time posting the images

Itofag dumps every weekend, it's a tradition

Ito-posting is a log-honored tradition that predates the fall of that other chan. All we really still need are the deep sea threads.

Why.

Maybe you're a feeder

I guess it true you can never leave fetishes behind.

Playing Outlast. It still has a great atmosphere but its just a shame that as soon as you figure out its a scripted roller coaster ride, the spook factor dies down a bit. I also hate how it relies on jumpscares as well.

I also tried the RE7 demo but I'm still conflicted. On one hand I like it but on the other I'm still confused by the jump to first person, and the usual way of finishing it gives a "bad end" result after the update.

Just finished SOMA the other day. I thought it was okay. I think Frictional traded less physical objects to manipulate and pick up with having more terminals and notes to read. Besides looking for lore and the occasional plot important object, there isn't any reason to go rummaging through cabinets and desks which is kind of disappointing. I'm sure I have more to say about the game but I can't think of anything at the moment.

Looking forward to see what Frictional do next though, specifically what location they pick since they've done underwater sea and arctic bases and a medieval castle.

try opening that door just outside the room with the VCR

This is more spooky than anything.

Is SOMA more akin to A Machine for Pigs or to the original Amnesia?

I have, but all I found was a locked basement, a blank journal, and some handgun ammo

SOMA has spoopy jumpscare moments, which later just become run/hide or die, so I'd say the progression becomes much like Amnesia.
Personally I don't like it because I hate the transhumanism philosophical shit, and the fact that their take on transhumanism was already done in Whomp! comics immediately diffused the weight of their 2DEEP4U game.
Their logic was also really fucking skewed at the end.

Who would ever think of doing something so disgusting?

It's a very nice-looking game, but I was surprised that anyone was impressed with how "deep" baby's first Philip K. Dick was

Any of you ever try Penumbra: Necrologue?

Seems interesting. It's a mod for Chip munching simulator: The dark descent that's a prequel to Overture.

moddb.com/mods/penumbra-necrologue

I don't play horror games (closest I got was RE4) but that sunken ship in Okami made me scream a few times.

Fuck ghosts.

Seems interesting. I always was curious how exactly Red got into his predicament anyway.

Wat.

Rude. I hope you get spooked.

I'm pretty sure the clogged toilet moment in SH2 was in the normal world.

Could a game about a girl that has gone full yandere on you be creepy?

Why even live user? Yandere a best, and might even get me to convert from 2d to 3d.

I'd go for it, but for some people like it wouldn't even be a horror game anymore

What if you remove the comical elements from it and instead create an actual female stalker that will break into your house, murder friends of yours of whom she thinks they are bad for you, etc?

In Amnesia, when you hide in the darkness you always hear this crunchy sound. I know it's supposed to be Daniel's teeth, but it sounds like he is eating chips.

Its comical in theory but in real life it'd be fucking poison.

Let me tell tale of bad times in nigger sand country. Do not be a scare of my story, but take as warning of nigger sand and how their land is not to be take.

I said it more for the fact that the other world looks like it's covered with shit and blood

Somebody can recommend me some good flash horror games? I have played exmortis and two Silent Hill games. What are some other games web browser spooky games that are enjoyable?

Anatomy isn't web browser, but it's a 3 dollar pretty okay spooking
kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/anatomy

Is this somekind of shitty copypasta?

Boo

It's a shitty Dionaea House game rip off, almost nothing that kittyhorrorshow makes is good

Is of spook. I a scare.

Is tale from scary nigger sand land of Afghanistan

Haven't played A Machine for Pigs so I can't say.

Yeah it's not that deep, just some interesting concepts and fun twists throughout. It annoyed me how stupid and whiny the protag was.

You mean true love and pure devotion? I'd be all for that. What other girl is willing to go to such extremes to show she loves you and only you and never wants you to leave her?

What are some good political horror games? Things that rely on realistic conspriacy theories, cults, big government, etc, rather than ghosts and monsters.

Besides the obvious one? Can't think of any

Yeah, aside from Deus Ex, Spec Ops, and MGS2, there really aren't many that take advantage of that sort of thing… granted, it's a difficult thing to properly do.

It's tricky to find good horror nowadays.

In terms of the "walking simulator" or "run n hide" aspect, i'd say one of the better AAA ones is alien isolation due to the Alien not being completely scripted. But also for the fact that you can use it as a weapon against other humans.

Outlast is all about MK-ultra type conspiracy theories. There is a monster but it's a fruit of experiments on the human mind.

Looks like an oculus rift commercial.

Yep, played that one already. Great atmosphere, great movement system. Definitely should have been a bit harder with a combat system though.

IRL that would be more inconvinient. Plus it'd bring a lot more stress in the long run.

Wait, really? Never got that far in it.

Yeah, turns out the asylum is used by a mad scientist to create some kind of superweapon from human madness and trauma. It's not completely unlike F.E.A.R. with less psychic powers and more nanomachines.

How the fuck do you fight the moldy thing in the RE7 demo? I finally figured out how to get a hatchet and then I got the infected ending. And then it turns out the fucking handgun was in the toilet which I couldn't get before.