E sports are a mistake

I like playing dota and decided to finally watch a pro game after 2 years of playing. Holy shit I can finally see why people don't take this shit seriously? These are the cringiest fuckers I've ever heard, did they really have to hire the guy who sounds like he'd be a voice actor for a cartoon kid?

Other urls found in this thread:

xonotic.org/m/uploads/2016/03/smilecythe_worldcup_interview.mp3
gouvernement.fr/en/esport-france-at-the-forefront-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If that weren't enough the people that call themselves professionals constantly spout memes and get winded playing a 40 minute game of dota

It's like they don't want to actually be professionals, but try acting like them. Why did they do this Holla Forums? Who let this be a thing

I had a friend who would have a meltdown if you said ESports is not a real sport.

He also dropped out of high school to play League of Legends.

Please die

I didn't meltdown, but when I'd talk to my older coworkers I'd usually try defending by saying chess is technically a sport, but then he'd say that he'll never be able to accept a nerd as an athlete and I know now completely what he's talking about

Someone's mad because he'd rather watch an esport game than play it

I was around a friend's place once and he had a LoL event streaming. There was some commentator booth and they were talking about it like it was an actual fucking sport! It was pretty amusing and depressing at the same time.

At least with shit like Smash Bros people are just joking around and sometimes getting drunk for the hell of it.

That was back when it just a game, now these fuckers act like it's the god damn NFL but then start spouting 9gag tier memes and act awkward as fuck. It doesn't help that the so called professionals don't try at all to improve personal image to get sponsorships which is why I know this will never be a serious sport. Also all the commentators are worse than the ones when we had the infinity cup

I could care less about esports. You should die because you type like a teenage girl.

Are you that big of a faggot that even the slightest prospect of a female being in your presence or board triggers the living shit out of you?

I'd be fine with esports being a thing if they would actually play fun games. Esport games are always the most fucking boring games on the market.

Like a Mario Party tourney would be way more entertaining to watch and more respective than an ASSFAGGOT tourney

You sound like you started playing videogames recently.
Most of people playing videogames for a long time now are just like that.
There are exceptions, of course, and a wide range of different people but most of them look kinda like that.

Also, keep in mind that nobody really cares about what those guys look or talk like, that has no bearing on why e-sports aren't taken seriously by actual gamers (and this term having become cancerous is part of that).

E-Sports are a corruption of videogames, picking everything surrounding healthy competition and a great community turning it instead into a product to be packaged and sold for profit.
It's a show for everyone to watch, which wouldn't be that bad on it's own if only for how terribly they run it.

Every e-sports scene is plastered with shit to buy, with tickets and events to spend cash on. Every tourney does nothing but feed the idea that "you too can be a professional like these guys!" to an audience of millions, who go out and become emotionally invested in games they might not even have fun playing but will gladly spend more cash and time on them than would seem reasonable for anyone else.

Those nerdy fucks you see in the competitions? They are there so everyone else can empathize, so they can think "if those guys can do it, so can I". E-Sports is sports for nerds because some people realized that Sports makes a ton of cash but ain't tapping the nerd market. That's all there is to it.

My problem isn't that they're fat nerds, it's that they're fat nerds that want to be treated like professionals and please no weak bait also

Agreed, it's all forced e sports, I like playing dota but the fact that people don't go after for exampleb

We all know females don't have the mental capacity to carry on a conversation, dont be silly.

When the fat jew called Gabe kicked 2GD for being funny two majors ago.
Sucked the last bit of entertainment out of the commentary sdince now everyboddy tries to be "professional".
I get the idea that they want to be taken more serious, biut they're overdoing it in such a massive way that all you can do is either laugh at them or just look away in shame for ever thinking it was a good idea in the first place.

I agree on 2GD, but let's not spread falsehoods now. Did you not see TI6? Did your mind go blank everytime SirActionSlacks was relevant?
Dota's professional scene has banked hard on its 'dank' side. I'd be harder pressed to find someone in that crowd who WASN'T about the memes

Just like Overwatch

I like the idea of there being pro leagues and tournaments for games but they should have stayed as a niche rather than having companies pump them full of sponsorships and forcing them into the mainstream. That's why Smash and Quake are currently the best pro scenes; they stayed small.

Just watched a couple games, after seeing Purge in his suit trying to explain even the most basic of shit after the game at least I think it was TI6

The only relevancy that fat turd will ever have for me is causingevery Omni player calling himself captain of the S.S. dumbfuck.
I have no idea how he managed to get any more recognition afterwards.

I remember someone once saying that it all started because Merlini started to use memes, and everybody wanted to be like him since he was rather welll liked and respected, so they started to copy it.
What they didn't consider though, was that Merlini also had actual knowledge about the game to rely on if nessecary.
The others didn't so they turned over time into meme spouting retards.

youre a mistake

Well that explains it. You didn't see shit.

Because people like his ironic humour, big-grin cringe and goodhearted nature.

Trusting the rumour mill is a big mistake, Satan. It's gonna blow up in your face over time.

*you're

non gamers don't take it seriously, but dota fans are crazy about that shit.

You should watch clq's old videos, some of them are deleted because youtube tagged them, as harrassment but people reuploaded some of them. He basically points out how shit certain pro gamers are and also shows that casters are shit.

They usually don't notice shit, overhype everything and have generally no idea how to play the game.

holy fucking shit what a sweaty tryhard

Well anything you put slacks in will get cringey really fast

About dota, it's only entertaining to play because it has more depth than other games but it's just as boring. I was addicted for almost 3 years, I hit 3.5 and decided to take a break before I drop to 2k again. Started playing the new ut alpha, more tf, and fun games in general. I remembered I had dota still installed, and even right now I still question why the fuck would I play it again

I got some good memories and discovered slahser, purge, clq, but I'd rather play a match of ut than dota

Why does some fag always shill this guy? His videos are trash. The worst kind of trash. Ironic trash.

Nigga they're pro gamers, they are supreme nerds who play vidya 10 hours a day, of course they spill their spaghetti-os anytime they are interviewed.
People don't watch this shit to see those faggots cringe when they have a microphone on their face, I don't even know why they bother talking to them.

I think user has a point. Back then, if your game was an esport, it was because the core gameplay was already good and balanced on its own. Nobody told iD or Bungie to cater to the esports crowd when they made Quake and Halo (whether you like it or not, Halo dominated the MLG scene until H4 came out), but rather they just did their best in making a fun and balanced game. Now, if your game is an esport, it's because you already envisioned it as an esport and want to create the largest possible fanbase that will throw you money whenever you host a competition, regardless if the game is fun or not. Just look at the Dota Compedium and how much money was siphoned from idiots. Overmeme may be a new game, but it's esports scene already has a huge following because Blizzard had already envisioned Overmeme as an esports title. Yes, Halo did have a huge fanbase when it's esports scene was relevant, but more people gave a fuck about only playing the game or watching RvB and Arby 'n the Chief rather than watching/participating in MLG matches.

Because the MLG is a fucking joke, lets face it Halo is to shooters what Smash is to fighters.

On that note
It doesn't exist.
Fighting game general threads should be banned tbh smh fam

relative to others, yea. To be fair, the only pro scenes I've ever payed close attention to have been Quake and CS. I only put Smash in there because the scene consists entirely of autists that are in it just because they enjoy the game rather than trying to market themselves.

You summed it up better than I could.

FGC is blinding cancer, yes.

It's like someone put all the worst things about Holla Forums in a single person and then had him rant for a while. I'm quite certain he's underage.

Man I actually played StarCraft in 1998.

FOR THE CAMPAIGN

No one would have believed at the closing years of the twentieth century that a thing like esports could come from South Korea. But slowly and immeasurably they drew their plans against us.

Holy FUCKING SHIT maybe esports is a real sport after all.

Welcome to like 6 years ago when this shit was starting and we were telling you what cancer it was.

THAT'S THE JOKE
christ Holla Forums is autistic

Poe's law is a bitch

Tobi left
2GD got ejected [s]because he was saving a shitshow[/s]
Purge will probably disappear soon enough
Sheever will get bored, and then the rest of the old guard will just wink out of existence.

Then all we'll have is Kaci and Slacks. League commentary 2.0.

PS I just remembered how to spoiler by seeing not how to spoiler

Pros like rapha are jumping ship from Quack to Oyveywatch.

Sir Action Slacks is a horrible, unfunny fat fuck who is a probably a sjw shit-stain in disguise. Guys like Slacks are the reason why Dota is shit these days because the community would kick people like him and Sheever our of the community.

It's almost impossible to watch anything with Slacks. Sheever isn't better because she's still horrible at the game, yet thinks she can analyze games like Purge.

The Fgc is a shit hole that hypocritically rewards Capcom and other companies for being sleazy ass-holes. It's starting to drink the socjus Kool-Aid thanks to Max and Chen being cuck faggots.

the only legitimate esport is counter-strike
most lol and dota players look like children, whereas a good portion of cs players are actual adults
mouseports players and gla1ve not included

no.

honestly slacks is making me dislike watching majors, he isn't funny at all.

hopefully 2gds game revives the fps genre because csgo is getting worse with every patch.

If you think about it, Arteezy is a lolcow to some extent.

They didn't want Tobi back. They preferred that unfunny, meme-spammin faggot Slacks.

Pretty much this, but he was an unfunny douche. The whole Shang Hai major was a disaster Gaben won't take responsibility for.

Nothing will be lost. His guides are eh nowawdays, and despite his knowledge he's so bad at Dota.

One way I can't wait for this, but then she'll be replaced by someone much worse. No one takes Sheever seriously.

Again, no one will miss schmucks like Pyrion Flax whose head was so far pup his ass. Waga and Dendi will still be around.

A least Kaci gives a a fuck about Dota. Sheever never cared, and only got so far because she fucked Bulldog and ODPixel.

This. I wouldn't mind either if it they played Mario Kart: Double Dash since that one allows 16 people to play with LAN play. (Who wouldn't want to see teams of 2 people go up against other 2 teams of people?)
Mario Party 7 also works for 8 people to play which may not be much but it'd be far more chaotic & entertaining to watch than ASSFAGGOT tripe

you don't want sheever to leave, she'll get replaced with annedroid.

6k says otherwise

she doesn't even play it

he left to try cast csgo but sucked dick at casting it.

Actually wait, this would also work & Holla Forums would cream their pants over it!
That is if you could actually play with 8 people instead of 4 for whatever dumb reason
KIRBY AIR RIDE

kirby air ride is fucking awful

Is she that fat Aussie-sjw bitch who spams memes, and is trying to make a meme out of some tree shit? She ruined Star Ladder.

Dendi hit 8k. Purge is never consistent with his skills despite his knowledge. He isn't that good with execution, and Purge's a shitty support. Purge isn't good out of his knowledge.

Lol

They still didn't want Tobi back after one of the majors. Sheever playing Dota doesn't mean she gives a shit about it. She knows no one watches her stream for her skills (funny thing is she still can't get 1000 views even when she makes her tits bounce), and no one takes her analysis seriously. Kaci still puts more effort into caring about Dota than Sheever.

>>>/reddit/

That is mostly because CS is the only esport that is

That's something I might actually watch!

aight everything you say from now on doesn't matter at all stay unranked bruh

You're a 2k mmr player who thinks gaming is a career, aren't you? Lol, fag.

I'd laugh so hard at the misfortune. This makes me want it, though that might just be the fact I never got to play it with someone else.

City Trial with friends is an unforgettable experience. Makes me wonder why the hell Ninty hasn't made a sequel with online multiplayer.

The very top echelon of players are like that, just a bunch of guys that really like Melee. But in the 20-30th best range you get people like HugS, always talking about "growing their brand" and dumbass shit like that. Then there's Scar and "Melee is a Business" Toph, who sold their souls to the esports devil and constantly shill for making Melee a more commercial venture. It makes me thankful that the locals in my area are extremely grassroots and will let anything fly on commentary/in the venue.

In other words, it's only a matter of time before Melee gets full esports cucked and I stop playing. The whole appeal is that there's no different "leagues" of play, the only thing keeping a player from tearing through bracket is their own skill. Unfortunately, top players like HugS and Leffen are pushing for dumb shit like tournaments that only let people past a certain skill level in, and once the old guard is gone there won't be much to stop it from happening. From a cost standpoint, running a 1000+ entry major is a lot more expensive than running a 64 man bracket of the top 64 players.

Lan play Mario kart? Can you tell me anymore about how to set that up? I already have half a dozen gamecubes for a four swords and crystal chronicles set up.

What an insult to baroque architecture.

This is a worse fate for a cathedral to fall under than what the Soviets did to St. Basil's.

You'll need 1 BBA per Gamecube, which was already fairly rare upon release. Don't expect them to be cheap. (especially if you want 4 or more for that sweet 16-player LAN) You'll also need one copy of Mario Kart per system unless you have some method of loading ROMs.
If you have a softmodded Wii you could alternatively use Devolution with BBA emulation. (Needs a disc to pass it's shitty anti-piracy check, but once it's passed you won't need the disc anymore.) If Nintendont ever adds BBA emulation I'd recommend switching to that. I think Devolution has had this feature for 2 years now. Why doesn't Nintendont have it yet?
This will also work for Kirby Air Ride LAN, but the game only supports 4 players even over LAN. Basically, it's just like regular multiplayer, but with players having their own screen.

I enjoyed the pro broodwar scene. It was enjoyable to watch. No idea about this dota2 shit. WC3 was also nice to watch once you got to know it. Best part about the broodwar tournies was the further back you go the more insane the outfits got.

xonotic.org/m/uploads/2016/03/smilecythe_worldcup_interview.mp3
But I don't think its a part of the esports scene.

What bothers me is the horrific drug usage.
It's so obvious they come back high as shit after every single break. I don't want to watch them, but rather just watch a match for background noise.
They want to be taken professionally, but they want to act like immature brats. It makes no sense to me.

I found this on the french government site, but don't have time to read it all thought it might be relevant to this thread: its about "eSports"
gouvernement.fr/en/esport-france-at-the-forefront-0
I was doing research for a paper on the EU, the Greek Debt Crisis and Varoufakis

I know quite a few females that could talk anyone under the table. I could claim a number of things about you on this alone but I know nothing about you to further this train of thought so i'm just gonna say stop generalizing.

Back on topic I really hate alot of the comp scene because it feels like a massive circlejerk between top players with no actual way to break into that scene without obscene amounts of work. Which, I guess is fine. You shouldn't hav e chance to make MULTI-MILLIONS by playing an hour or two a day, but having to survive off prize money is a really shit way to live and would be stressful as fuck, adding on to all the little things you have to remember in dota. I legitimately feel sorry for people in e-sports because there is no stability and at the whims of flavor of the month.

Given that LAN parties and early tourneys back then were prime locations to launder money for organized crime I'm not suprised at all that many of these faggots are tweakers.

Have you seen Eleague on TBS? Hope you like seeming the same maps and repetitive 3 hour bore they put on there.

This shit feels like cancer.

Holy shit that 3rd game on the finals was good

These are people that think playing ASSFAGGOTS makes them the equals of chess players. Why are you surprised they are doped manchildren with overblown egos?

What I want to see is VR treadmills to be implemented for FPS ESPORTS.

That way those who're healthy would have an edge over others.

A real video game competition would have the competitors play a bunch of different games, and only players that can git gud at all types of games would win. Seeing people forced to go from Street Fighters to Counterstrike to Supreme Commander would be a fuck ton more interesting then spending 5 hours of watching ASSFAGGOTS hoping that the Koreans won't win yet again.

go back to school

I hate the comp scene as much as the next guy but come the fuck on, we're talking about video games and they're in them too. Don't be that faggot.

Its just people who like to watch other people who are really good at the game user

Cant handle other people liking other things? Sometimes people just like watching other people who are really good play the game.

I dont keep up with esports as much as I use to but theres a Rocket League one forming, and Arma one thats gaining some speed, and to a small degree Wargame, but its super low speed high drag

Also TF2, but I know nothing about that nor do I think it would be interesting.

What just happened with playing for fun? Who in the blue hell would like to spend hours playing video-games like a job?

Nothing is wrong with wanting to be the best.

Whats the difference between esports and sports?
Sports are just a showmanship of a (set of) particular skill(s) in a format which can be exciting enough to fill about an hour+ on TV or streaming.

The only reason we are faggots about esports is because they have a real influence on our hobbies, and sadly not often in a good way.

This comic may have been laughing at games, but the truth of the matter is that there are currently gamers earning over 10 times the salaries listed there. Like it or not, it earns money in a legal way, thus its a real job.
Esport matches can now reach viewership numbers of over a million. Esports can actually fill stadiums. Esport players can earn millions. Esport prize money can reach over a million. Esports are a test of certain skills under certain rules just like any other normal sport.

I hope that Esports never start to effect the games that I like, and I hope for you it never does the same with your favorite games (too late for those that want to see a warcraft 4, but then again, wow ruined that one before esports did).

And yes, these people are cringy as shit, keep in mind that most of them are a lot younger than your average sports player (and sport players can be cringy fucks as well). They aren't paid for their comments before and after the match, their are paid for their performance during the match. Do remember to always mute your volume whenever slacks might start to open his mouth.

Get out.

Working in advertising or prostitution is also legal and makes good money.

Our society has gone off the deep end long ago. And although capitalism has always been a fairytale and not a science its become something out of Lovecraft novella. Golden twilight of Western civilization.

Playing video games or baseball for money: it is all the same to me.

So I just saw the new update notes. What the fuck were they thinking

capitalism is shit and communism is cancer, you know what to do

>real political spectrum

Pikmin multiplayer should be an esport

Nothing.
Just throwing shit on the wall and see waht'll stick.

I guess so. I mean I want to play DOTA not Heroes of the League of Legends 3.

the ammount of salt it generates on espn makes it worth it

They fired the only good commentator

This is what an autistic guy whos going to be fired sounds like.

(you)

Pleb-tier material, get into the oven!

You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Not an argument. :^)

"E-sports" were always cancer. I remember watching that fat piece of trash wardeN say in a protips video around 2006 that he stretches 1024x768 to fit a widescreen monitor (oh yeah, they played. CS on 60-75hz widescreen monitors at 4x3 back then because muh sponsors) because it "looks crisp".

When I saw how retarded e-"athletes" were that little five minute teen dream of going pro died pretty quick. The newschool sports-announcer nonstop talking casters make any stream of a pro match completely unwatchable too.

At the end of the day though, there's people who play these games for esports and get paid for it. And that's the real crime here.

You say that, but if you were offered a contract that payed out the ass to sit at a desk and slurp mountain dew, we'd all whore ourselves to it in no time.

>that cozy feeling when it would be too late either way

You're not wrong, but the level of time investment to be on that level means that you could make far more sitting on your ass working from home doing something else. Seeing the incompetents these dudes were with computers when they play computers professionally was the watershed that made me realize this was not talent or being the top 1% in terms of ability; it was grind.

E-sports dudes also didn't make shit for money until the last 4 or so years. Think #1 players salaried at $30,000 to live full-time in a house full of wardeNs.

Playing video games competitively is exhausting. Dota is particularly exhausting because it's such a clusterfuck, and they play all fucking day.

I want to see You practice all morning, then play 3 comp matches in a row at their level.

No you wouldn't, you have no clue if you think that.

These fags get streaming money and when they win tournaments they get even more money.

It's not a good career, come age 30 and you're done, and then you don't know how to do anything else, but they make good money while they can maintain a competitive edge.

Tell that to Moe. If you're willing to sink to any depth of public humiliation and work hard at it, I have no doubt you could keep at least a minor cash flow going for life.

Still way more effort than making the same money in the real world. For the amount of time spent practicing and learning to be a top tier csgo or buttqueer player, you would be pulling 120k at a real tech job but without the massive competition and high probability of meeting career destruction, and you probably would have to wear pants even less of the time than some jumpsuited Adderall popping faggot.

Lmao fucking christ, graduate high school first.

What the fuck happened to Holla Forums that made everyone into such thin-skinned faggots?
I thought we used to all crave the competition, but more and more it seems like no one here actually plays to win any more, it's always some form of "wow dude stop being a tryhard" or "I only play when I'm using joke characters because when I lose I want to have an excuse".