Crash Bandicoot Remastered

The horse has been beaten.

The landscape looks nice but it feels dead with the HD textures. Crash looks like trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GCp2vSNdWBA
youtube.com/watch?v=bNq8lqUhoV0
blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/12/03/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-rebuilds-the-psone-classics-for-a-unique-ps4-remaster-package/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarious_Visions
emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Cue_sheet_(.cue)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

Looks good but doesn't need to exist. Will probably be full price too.

I'll accept full price for all 3. Sony is evil and cheap, but they're not Nintendo.

It should include CTR as well. That was a very

fun game. Sorry, on shit laptop, pressed enter too quick/

All the levels looked incredibly… flat? Can't put my finger on it. It's like they oversimplified the textures or something.
Making Crash actively furry was a mistake too, the character works better when he looks like he's made of orange latex.

Fuck I'd actually go pre-order this fucking collection if it had CTR with online play. And I never pre-order shit

Looks like it's getting the New Super Mario bros/Donkey Kong Country returns treatment. Cautiously optimistic.
One of my favorite vidya was Crash 2. Please don't fuck this up male tomb raider guys.

From the looks of it at worst it will just be kinda ugly.

Something's just off about this one. He looks like someone trying to copy PS1 Crash.

On the bright side, it seems the gameplay and level design hasn't been fucked about with to any dangerous extent. If the visuals is all that's wrong with it I am totally okay with it.

All this game needs are some texture mods, to make the game look more vivid and crisp, maybe some movement tweaks.
Other than that, this looks surprisingly decent!

I wasn't really asking for these remasters either. The biggest strength of Crash Bandicoot is how timeless its art style is. Even in low poly and texture resolutions, Crash was always lively and vibrant.

The ruins don't look dirty. I don't think the textures are oversimplified, but ruined ancient surfaces look a lot more clean, and contrast seems stronger. I always agreed with the orange latex look being more appealing than the "detailed" fuzzy look.
The animations have some absolutely weird moments, but there are so many weird awkward looking moments in Crash 1 exclusively, trying to replicate that in any way will yield that kind of result no matter what. I acknowledge and accept that part of it.

I might try it eventually (as in once I can pirate it) if it brings some extra gameplay to the table. By that I mean, possibly allowing moves from later games to be used in all of them after beating them and maybe reinserting cut levels, that would be nice. If they tried actually adding anything new, they run the risk of fucking shit up.

does anyone else think the camera is zoomed in a bot too much?

Kinda. The way the game presented levels and such doesn't lend itself to widescreen stuff very well.

Feels almost like a Cave Story 3D situation

Tell me this isn't real?

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? It looks like complete shit. A fan shitting around with Unreal Engine could shit out a better 'remaster' than this garbage.

JUST

Why the fuck do remasters exist when you can just emulate the old one, in higher resolution and with AA? I know the answer is money but still.

Crash's textures are too realistic, they're also a lot darker.

At least they didn't use NuCrash, but this one still looks awful.

Why? Why pay $40+ for a shitty remaster when the originals are widely and easily available - at a much lower cost at that.
Yes, they're much worse

Yeah, the fur textures look too detailed compared to everything else. I mean, the boxes and shit have modeled-in depth and stuff but for Crash it looks like the uncanny valley.

They managed to put more colors yet it looks more bland, well played

Also why the fuck did they need to remake the games, they could have done an entire new game with these graphics and gameplay, giving them a chance of not being accused of ruining the trilogy.

thats really sad, why arent they keeping the same bright color scheme as the original? if its cartoony colors should really pop.

After seeing these images, I realize what I don't like about the new Crash model. In the new one his eyes are too symmetric, the higher polygon count detracts from the "crazy" look the original had, and his face is too small in comparison to his torso.

I kind of like how the Skylanders model was closer to Zembillas' original concepts though.

Crash was always trash.

He looks too clean. He's a fucking crazy marsupial with uneven/unsymmetrical design, he should look more disheveled.

hes so blocky he looks like a fnaf robot

Crash Bandicoot was never good, its a fucking shit game

Too hard for you?

Crash is the same as Sonic, shit games loved by a few autistic faggots because they 'weren't nintendo'

lotta retards here today

Speaking as someone who loved Nintendo: fuck you, you're wrong

KILL YOURSELF SHILL FAGGOTS AND STOP RESPONDING HOLY SSHIT

Theyre just bad games, they controlled like shit, whoops sorry

They control really well actually.

are you going to spam every single thread about psx with this

HULBAGA

Go play Super Mario 412,793: The Same Old Easy Shit: Who Gives A Fuck Edition shitnerd

LOL!!!

The original looks better.

Couldn't git gud and beat it, huh?

If they change anything about Warped, I hope they give us more of a reason to use the special abilities like double jumping in the main game rather than just in the side-levels. Hopefully the controls and movement of the first game are made more like those of the second too.

Struck a nerve eh

Why don't you explain your reasoning rather than pretending to be smug.

You're getting trolled. Very badly, at that.

I think this looks great tbh.

The nostalgia factor is too big for me to pass this up. I even loved Crash Warped

The third one? That was the shit. Wrath of Cortex was the shitty one.

fuck you

I wish the Ratchet & Clank series would have had a real remaster like this game instead of a shitty game adapted movie adaptation.

Leave.

I bet they dumb the game down and make it so that you can still get gems even if you die in a level and can save whenever you want to.

I thought the R&C reboot was genuinely good, though it definitely would've been better had it not been a movie tie-in.

Putting PS2 R&C games into the style of PS3 Ratchet was a massive mistake. The PS3 style and humor is so different from what the PS2 games did, the two should never have been allowed to touch each other.

Yeah, it was good gameplay wise, but since it's an adaptation there was important missing planets, shit writing, and an awful final boss

Who asked for this?

Agreed, yeah. Plus, a bunch of scenes from the film were worked into the game pretty awkwardly. Before you do the ranger training course on Kerwan, for instance. Clank's shown working with the rangers in some office or something in a movie cutscene, but when it switches back to an in-game cutscene afterwards you can see Clank running towards Ratchet in the background and all of a sudden he's on your back when you're able to play again. There's a pretty clear disconnect between the movie's narrative and the game's that just makes the former feel even less necessary.

The gameplay was good enough for me to playthrough it twice (some of the best gameplay in the series imo), and it looks gorgeous, but it really shouldn't have been an adaptation.

I kinda want it, right now I'm setting up ePSXe and wondering how much better I can make the game look.

Sony.

Super Mario 3D World wasn't that good.

Putting GBA Pokemon games into the style of 3DS Pokemon was a massive mistake. The 3DS style and humor is so different from what the GBA games did, the two should never have been allowed to touch each other.
I agree though

Those two games were completely new though plus DKCR was a pretty good platformer on it's own if not as good as the originals, this is literally the same games as the originals with better graphics.

Nobody. They're making this shit because it's less risky than making a completely new game and they get to gauge interest for a completely new game. But, having seen how they're butchering the classics, I wouldn't want a completely new game from Activision, let Crash stay dead.

I don't get your point, 3d World is far ahead of Crash on every level, Mario has always been far ahead of Crash on every level.

You're implying too hard, enjoy your turd though, I'm sure although it looks newer it will be the same lackluster and mediocre at best platformer you played as a kid.

Feels like someone tried to redo Crash in the Unity engine.
This is one of the few cases where low poly graphics gave the charm and the frame rate was never a problem unlike, for instance, Perfect Dark on the N64, so a remake is unnecessary.

Actually Super Mario 3d Worlds story is the best because it's extremely minimal, 1 minute cutscene at the start, less than 5 minutes of cumulative cutscenes throughout the rest of the game, most of that time is used to show you you unlocked a new realm anyway.

What is the story of Mario 3D world? Bowser has kidnapped things?

WOW THAT WAS INTENSE

Doesn't realy matter, it only exists to propel you into platforming, exactly what I'd want from a story if any in a platformer. Super Mario Bros is the best, ther eis not story you just start playing.

Crash does the same thing.

Then I will withdraw that point, all others still withstanding.

$20 says they removed Crash's girlfriend from the first game.

I noticed how they avoided showing her

Isn't the Naughty Dog lead a mad SJW now, you don't need to bet on it, you can bank on it. Even though it's not being developed by ND you can bet they are going to given some creative input, if she pops up it's going to be Conker's Bad Fur day backwards.

Naughty Dog hasn't owned the rights to Crash for over a decade and they aren't involved in the remakes.

Activision are doing these remakes. Tawna's still probably going to be politically correctified, if she shows up at all, but Naughty Dog won't have anything to do with it.

She's in.

Please tell me that's not real

more than can be said for her tits

THICC

Glad to be wrong, though she does look a bit… like a whore.

Lost a few cup sizes, at least based on my memory.
Holla Forums, would you rather them keep Tawna look like she did in Crash 1, or make her look more like she was supposed to look like in Crash 1?

That's a bit generous.

She looks like John Flynt. Crash's girlfriend is a tranny now. Because it's 2016

Like pic related, now just make her a bandicoot.

What was she supposed to look like? Like this?

You are correct.

user you can't just go rescue pretty women, that's rape

Yeah, they changed her to be more family friendly, which is what we got. I remember reading that the staff at Naughty Dog were really upset that they had to change Tawna.
Would changing her to match what they originally wanted stop it from being a remaster?
I think I'd prefer her to look like how she does in the final version.

She wasn't even someone to be rescued. She was just decoration for bonus stages.

looks more like she should be his sister than or maybe as well as his gf.

No she was actually crashes girl friend and was being held by N cortex in crash 1.

This seems familiar…

Shit really? Confession time, I never finished Crash 1. Guess I should do that.

What is the source on this anyway? I don't see it in the trailer.

M8 it was in the opening of the game.

Hot

For some reason I don't recall there being an opening cutscene, you hit start, select the first level, and are dropped on the beach.

Get that shit out of here

She looks like a dirty fucking overused transsexual prostitute, what the fuck

I love reading that Making of Crash article. So much TECHNOLOGY went into making that game.

Try not hitting start for a bit

Content popping up left and right today user

Did they ever own the rights? I thought Activision owned the rights from day 1. I know Activision and an Activision owned company is doing it, but Naughty Dog still made the original, surely they'd get Naughty Dog's input on the remakes.

I know this game is ugly as fuck but this is a new standard in ugly, holy shit.

I bet you're forced to move Crash with the analog stick rather than with the d-pad. Wasn't that the case with the New n' Tasty? Platformers are fucking shit with an analog stick. I hope I'm wrong.

Is that supposed to be Tawna or Crunch?

The remakes look fine. But they're remakes, so I'm not really interested in them. That said, Holla Forums doesn't buy games and doesn't play on consoles so this thread is a bit of a waste of time for everyone.

Well sheeeeeeeeeit.

Yes, but Universal Interactive Studios tried to muscle them out of it and they fought hard. Activision bought it from them after CTR was finished and they moved on to J&D.

It's more to make fun of shit like this

Holy shit.

I don't like how you can see Crash's arms when he spins too. I remember his spin model just being a blur of colours, and not being able to make out his limbs when he does it.

I swear, everything I've seen of this remaster so far has made me wonder if this is real life or if I've died and gone to hell.

Crunch is transitioning

God damn it looks like garbage. The colours don't look right, there's way too many post processing effects and the lighting is really flat.

When they kept swapping between old and new I was surprised to see just how nice the originals still look today. Obviously the new one has more options for higher poly models, higher resolution and high res textures yet that doesn't matter if its just thrown together because "it should work"

I'd wager nobody working on this project actually cares all that much about faithfully remastering the originals

I wonder if you'll still be able to get certain gems the unintended way.

I loved how that cartoon's opening pretty much admitted that it was just meant to shill for the fucking game.

Pretty sure Crash itself was owned by Universal even back then, same with Spyro. Might be wrong though.

No

Universal owned the rights. Activision bought the rights in 2008, long after Crash had already been dragged through the mud.

Everything looks darker than it should be, like everything was washed out.

Crash Bandicoot 1 (Physical copy) is $28 alone according to Amazon. Game collecting is fucking crazy.

Having replayed 1-3 recently, you can definitely make his arms out for a few frames. I really need to get my emulating tablet fixed. Talking about them makes me want to play them again, even though I never finished Spyro 2 or 3.

The whole thing reeks of Activision and their focus marketing approach to creating Video Games.

He looks better than he did in skylanders, at least.
>If they throw in an HD spyro demo with the old codes I will fucking explode

It really depends where you look. If you're not into emulating but you don't care about owning an in-box copy, you could get it off PSN for about $5. Of course, Sony will no doubt remove the originals from the PSN when this turd drops so that people will have no alternative.

Do it. All the Sypro games still hold up pretty well, even visually (something not every 3D PS1 game can say), and Spyro 2 even has a nice 100% powerup you can carry over into a new game run from the start. That said, fuck some of the orb/egg challenges in Spyro 2 and 3.

Where I live, Crash 1 is maybe $20, while Crash 2, 3, and CTR average about $10 or less each. While it surprises me a bit that Crash 1 is double or more the price of the others (despite having done well enough for a Greatest Hits print), there's far, FAR worse cases of games on the PS1 being expensive.

Problem is I have to send the thing to Hong Kong to get it fixed because that's where it's from. I was still fairly early in Spyro 2. Had just finished the first one, though. If you've got other PS1 recommendations to emulate, I'm open to them. All I grabbed before it broke was
It ran the ones I played perfectly, though. Replaying the Crash games was genuinely the most fun I've had with video games in years. Sitting there with a big dumb smile while I get my ass kicked.

You are correct.

HOLY SHIT. CRASH IS INTO TRAPS
I REPEAT. CRASH IS INTO TRAPS

I bet he browses Holla Forums too, the faggot

PS1 and N64 have some really solid looking games. Probably because they mostly didn't try to go for a realistic look.
It's on my mind because I played it recently, but W.E.T. is a game that looks like absolute dog shit. Games from the last gen that try to look as realistic as possible look way more shit than Spryo or Ocarina of Time does.

Just look at that
2 in a row, oh baby.

Einhander
Monster Rancher 2

I'm not sure how Monster Rancher would work on an emulator. I remember wanting to get Einhander on PS1, though. Had a demo for it.

Maybe it was his mega spin thing in Warped that did that, then. Or maybe my brain's shot.

I wouldn't doubt it, all the signs are there.

pic related was made by someone in unreal

Changing shit for the sake of it at its finest. Gotta justify the budget somehow.
Why did they change the sound at all? There was nothing wrong with the original, the PS1 had crisp sound already. If they wanted, they could've just used the same sound lib for the effects and simply export them at a higher rate.
The music is just flat out wrong at 0:30, as if someone tried to redo it by ear and failed.
There's weird delays everywhere in the gameplay. One full second before you can touch the fruits out of a box.
Absolutely fucking nothing feels satisfying because the animation and sound is so shit.
The graphics in some places are less detailed than the original. Look at the idols. Instead of remaking the designs in 3D, they just turned them into even flatter, "safe" textures. Same thing has been done to the lighting, it's all flat. Everything looks so bland, as if they cut the models from somewhere else and only retextured them to fit this game.
The background on the beach is cut off by the zoom in, they probably didn't model that shit in the first place.
Look at the placement of the objects, some are outright missing or replaced by bad copypasta.
There are people browsing Holla Forums right now who could make a better Crash than this.

Works fine on any emulator that lets you swap disks. ePSXe and RetroArch Mednafen have worked for me.

Well, the tablet I'd be playing on is Android, but I forget the emulator name I was using.

You can "disc swap" with ISO files, whether that be other PS1 games or not.

Maybe I should pick up a bigger SD card once I get my tablet back, so I can hold all these. Thank goodness I have an obscene amount of points saved up on Romulation.

>it's skylanders spyro

The remake doesn't look that bad, since it's essentially the same gameplay with minor physics tweaks if any, but with the amount of effort they evidently put into new assets and animations it makes me wonder why they didn't bother just making a new game. There's really no reason to shell out for a fully-priced release that's the exact same as the originals.

If they had abilities like the slide and belly flop from Crash 2 in the Crash 1 levels, then I'd be more inclined to say it was worth the effort, since they made the game much more fun and fluid.

Shit example, the character models are ripped straight from Twinsanity and that background looks very stock.

Depends on what you like and I can't vouch for how well all of them emulate, but you might find some ideas here. Admittedly I've been waiting for the right opportunity to do an update.

Would be funny if personally finding out she was a trap was the lore reason he was no longer dating her by the time Crash 2 happens.

I do like the new crate design at least, especially since you now see the Wumpa fruits in the bouncy crates.

The only negatives I have so far is just sound design, and what they did to Tawna, but other then that it's looking okay at least.

this looks terrible. Not buying a piceofSHIT4 for this.

The crate design is shit, it's the worst part.
Don't fix what isn't broken (which could pretty much apply to this whole remaster from what we've seen so far)

The graphic fidelity they went for is great, but the lighting… is very off. Very, very off. It's muted, flat. Pale, boring.

They could brighten it up a bit and then problem solved. Not everything needs to have a realistic lighting style.

kek

why are the greedy sony cunts not making anything new instead making shit like wipeout remasters youtube.com/watch?v=GCp2vSNdWBA

and one is not even that old youtube.com/watch?v=bNq8lqUhoV0 fucking tell me how the fuck does this need a remaster?! who asked for it?

HOLD THE FUCK UP
Is that supposed to be a remaster of classic Wipeout?
And would there be classic physics that haven't been fucking touched at all?
This is important

This art style really doesn't lend itself to HD. Then again, it had a rather bizarre look to it in the first place. Basically everyone was always kind of deranged looking in Crash.

Her model by itself looks fine. They just fucked up the eyebrows. Opening movie Tawna looks a lot better.

Still looks like John Flynt

Most worried about that one.

The eyes still look off to me.

No, it's a PS4 port of Wipeout HD, Fury expansion, and 2048.

I'm very cautious about this. They're not exactly hitting all the notes, but at least it looks like they're trying

What gave you this impression? The shitty redesigns or the lazy textures?

At least they kept Tawny in, and at least she doesn't look like Bioware grabbed her.

Not them, but, just straight up not being a totally unrelated game is a gigantic plus.
>that horrible feeling when people bought the bullshit activision was selling that skylanders was originally a spyro webgame

Show me new Coco!

why

They're honestly doing way better a job than what I was expecting. It's not a perfect recreation, but all things considered I'm definitely cool with how it turned out.

If they're doing this with Spyro later, they're gonna have to work much harder getting the look of the game right. Spyro's art-style would be far trickier than Crash's to make a faithful adaptation since it's much more specific. Getting the colors off would fuck up everything.

Gee. That fixes it.

Now you're just being ridiculous.

According to official ND lore, she's not dating him in cb2 and beyond because she cucked Crash for Pinstripe.
She has a cameo in Twinsanity.

Nice thighs.

Actually, Crash broke up with her over how hard it was to get the secret ending in crash 1 Without cheating you nigger.
Incidentally, none of the "good" endings happened.

All that's missing is the thin, dry wig and the face like a skull and you've got John Flynt there

What happened to those anthropomorphised girl animals that would confuse you because they actually looked like, y'know, women?

Or was it something else, I can't actually remember how it worked out. I know one of the "good" endings didn't happen.

I'm just glad Tawna's coming back.

Indeed.

It was the alternate 100% ending. The default boss ending with Cortex Castle burning down was canon as shown in Crash 2.

gameplay

now this is just disappointing.

PSX loved that shit. Wild ARMS hid its prologue that way.

Does this look like it was made in Unity to anybody else? Just the aestetic.

So where's porn.

You think that's a good hidden thing for not pressing start?
Crash bandicoot warped hid a cheat mode with all of the powerups from the start that you could play by waiting for the third demo to start. Then exiting to the warp room, and then you would start the game with all the powerups

That's some dank bullshit right there. I assume the Bazooka pretty much lets you blow through any obstacle or boss. Except maybe Dingodile, cuz of his shields.

Actually It's easier to crouching spin jump over the icicle wall and just hit him instead of waiting, and you can do that normally without powerups

Cant think of new shit? Just remaster something. I wonder if the secret levels in warped will be dlc

That was my first thought when I saw it. It looks like some fan remake. In fact, as pointed out, fans could probably do a much better job of remaking the game

I've commissioned Kancer-Chan for some Crash cuntdude stuff.

My opinion on this being garbage is unchanged

The old graphics looked more crisp. It's hard to say exactly what problem I have with the updated graphics, but I feel like I can't tell where things are as easily.

im not really seeing a problem. maybe his expression is a bit too bewildered? shouldnt he look a bit more smug?

But will it still be coded in Lisp?

Also, it's exactly as we thought. Dying doesn't take away from your box total so now you don't have to get a level perfect to get the crystal. You can also retry bonus stages an infinite amount of times like in Crash 2 & 3. They've casualised this game considerably.

Was 1 hard enough that dying was a problem? I vaguely remember it being hard.

Here you go.

It truly is CURRENT YEAR huh

Getting all the gems meant beating a level without dying as the boxes would reset even if you get a checkpoint, first levels are easy enough, but starting with the second island the game goes insane and third one, especially castle climbing levels are soul crushing not just for kids, but adults as well.
I have only managed once to 100% it the legit way with no save states.

Holy hell watching shit players play videogames is painful. Then he tries to do "helpful" commentary such as "remember to break this box" while falling into the pits on the first level like 4 times in a single minute.

The only good thing to come out of vidya for the last 6 years

Those complaining that he's too dark haven't done anything but see OP's picture. He's in shadows cause he's in a ditch, and the light source being right above him means his giant fucking cliff face blocks light from his chest, which doesn't even matter because you newfags don't know the camera's behind/beside him most of the time.

This looks like a remaster done the right way for once. I get it, we've not had it before, and a correct remaster is alien and unnatural to us. But this looks right so far. No need to wind up your boxers to their usual tightness just to reach average rage levels.

It at least shows you a box count before the level ends now.
There was a lot of nonsense in original Crash 1 that immediately disappeared by Crash 2, like needing passwords because you could only save after bonus stages or getting gems. There are some acceptable improvements that can be made, without being a complete carbon copy.

A good challenge is a good challenge, but a lot of that shit is nonsense, no matter how much seniority you're trying to claim. Are 2 and 3 more casual when they have more variety and replay value? Or is 1 better just because it's harder for cheap reasons? It all comes down to its fucked up progress system.

Music was actually compressed to fit in PS1 as can be heard when comparing vid related to ingame version of track.
Original composer Josh Mancell still has original mixes and occasionally uploads them to his Soundcloud. Really wonder why they just did't ask for his work.

Like Silent Hill HD, for some reason people think it's easier to remake the soundtrack with re-recordings and new instruments rather than just securing the old files.

delta episode is fucking shit

whats the point of a remake if you dont actually remake anything?

It looks fine. It's just a remake so I don't see much value in it anyway.

It looks fine. It's literally the same games with more polygons, that's exactly the ideal "remaster" situation.

I… liked it

Coco > Tawna

Having replayed them all 2 & 3, especially 3, are definitely more casual.

I'm not sure who that is, but it sure as hell isn't Tawna.

Don't watch the entire thing, it's pure cancer. At 2:26, this faggot with a copy of the remaster says it supports sticks and the d-pad.

Thanks for posting this, user. Spyro 1 is my favorite video game of all time.

It's a shame, it looks like a PS3 game. And that's also a shame,since I would have wanted to pirate it on PS.
Doesn't really matter, though, since it looks like shit, but at least it looks better than the crash with the tattoos and shit.
At least they kept the original music, or so I expect. Also, I don't know what's up with "HD textures" that makes everything look so lifeless…I think it have to do with the fact that everything mesh together visually and it's harder to tell things part. It's painfully obvious in the rolling rock part. I feel really bad now.

Actually, they seem to be at the same bust size if we compare both in-game models.

all the levels/models from the original game are replicated in the remaster, as vicarious said.
implying Holla Forums would do any sort of research though

I ALREADY HAVE THESE FUCKING GAMES, SONY

It's actually a better representation of Tawna's personality, since she was supposed to be "more than a simple damsel in distress", "match wits with Cortex", "attempt to reason with Brio", and "form revolution among Cortex's henchmen". This never materialized in the game for some reason, and Tawna was simply left with no personality.

Do you know how many kids have never even heard of Crash Bandicoot?

I named my dog Crash Bandicoot, shut the fuck up I refuse to listen to you.

>we may potentially get tawna back for a future good game
yeah. I ripped on people from this board in my previous comment so i'm not going to bother.
Forgot to post this:
blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/12/03/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-rebuilds-the-psone-classics-for-a-unique-ps4-remaster-package/

I think Tawna would be better if they gave her an HD version of her original clothes, give her redder lipstick, and remove the eye shadow. Basically, make her an HD version of her original model like they did with everyone else.

Why the fuck did they give her Pahjit eyebrows and make her brown? What the fuck was wrong with her orange color?

It's true. Crash Bandicoot is a relic of old, just like PaRappa, LocoRoco, Patapon, Wipeout, and Mega Man. Kids'll love these, just like how you loved them when you were a kid.

You're old
We're all old

THEY CAN STILL PLAY THE OLD GAMES THEY DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE
I'M LIVING IN A CRAZY WORLD WHERE PEOPLE BURN THEIR MONEY FOR NOTHING

You can't introduce your kids to a PS1 or a PSP, user. You can't play PS1/PSP games on a PS4.

I didn't know that, actually.
Well if that's true, it's alright I guess.

her eyebrows aren't that bad

Thank god they saved today's children from all that awful, awful color.

Sauce on that gif? Looks like it should be Naked Gun, but I'm not sure.

Postcards from the Edge

What are you even talking about? Did you reply to the wrong post or something?

He's trying to say that people can pirate the game for PS4 just like they pirated the games from PS1.

He implied that just because the old game exists, people are "burning their money" if they buy the remaster.

They are burning their money if they buy the remaster.

Where's Crash 1?

I left it at a friend's house when I was a kid

I thought you meant that they're burning their money by making the remaster.

i lost my original copy of crash 3 taking it with me to a summer camp type thing when i was a kid

How do these people get 500,000 subscribers?

I'm glad I had to dig through my PS1 games to grab that pic.
I remember these two games being fucking terrible, but what the hell is Rascal? How many games have I lost over the years?

I dont remember myself, but i think rascal's one of the fucking terrible games too.

What the fuck is this game?
How do I not remember this? Why doesn't this wild ride get a remaster?

looks pretty average, may pick that up on the cheap sometime.
and probably emulate it asap

For the first pic: what techniques are used to capture that "babby's first deviant art" style, and how is it that every single amateur manages to discover and use them?

Spyro was always a better game than Crash Bandicoot, but I'm hopeful that this remaster, although shit, will spark interests in good games again

It doesn't really bother me but doesn't mean it's ok.
How can someone be so bad at video games? Is baffling.

Look at the bright side guys

MORE PORN

I can just picture the board meeting where they're bouncing all these sweet ideas around the room.
"…But sir, she's a woman."

Well, that graphic transition didn't go so well. Must be a bug that makes her look like a trans hooker.

Maybe it will ignite a better game design, or at least old game design. Also, Spyro and Crash are way different so there's no comparison between the 2. Spyro have more to do with Mario64 and Banjo than Crash, and Crash have more to do with NES ans SNES mario.
I seriously doubt they don't plan on remaking Spyro, one of the highlights is how pretty the visuals are thanks to the limitations ans how simple and minimalist it is. If they try and pull the same shit they've done with this remake/remaster, they'll ruin it. See

It's just the screen cap. See

also take into account its still in development. Vicarious visions actually gives a few fucks about their work so, i'd like to think they will take into account fan feedback.

at least i kind of hope, we rarely see developers put this much effort into a 1:1 remaster/remake like this

I agree, the attention to details is pretty damn good, like the turtles when you keep jumping on them, shame the colors are a different story.

I really think they'll take the color feedback seriously, seeing as its one of two bigger criticisms.
They made sure to keep all the animations intact, namely the enemies flying into space when you smack them. I'm very glad they kept that.

I don't want a remaster. I know this is a pipe-dream and impossibility, but I want a "Spyro 4", but it has to be made with

This will never happen, I know, but I can hope that one day, after the crash, hipster faggots might attempt to do this to be "retro" or something.

Pic related is almost 17 years old. It fucking sucks, man.

interns and pajeets

Heresy.

Buddy, pal, amigo.
Spyro 3 actually kind of went out with closure.

Basically

As much as I would like that, trying to do things with old technology don't end well, Axiom Verge is proof of that. Considering how everything looks like play dough now I doubt new graphics are a good option either.
I remember Spyro had really short cut scenes at the beginning and exit of each world that would be ideal.

Never lose hope, user. On the bright side, collect-a-thons are making a little comeback.

I sincerely hope so. But I think old vivid colors aren't compatible with HD crap. Pixels made the different, and play dough looking characters and models don't have room for contrast.

This, no need for Spyro 4. I guess I will just marathon the trilogy, again.

oh it's possible. It's just not common these days since most devs only know gritty war game themes. It's why i love the 6th gen so much, it was the time when tech was advancing dramatically and lots of games were 3D platformers, very colorful and animated. (case in point, games like kingdom hearts and mario sunshine.)

A Spyro 4 with the original PS1 graphics, you say?

Sometimes, I like to think what would have happened if that game released when universal originally had the launch date set at.
Instead of having like 3 months of dev time

This game was 4/10, at best. Even if it was finished, 100% done and filled-in, it still wasn't really that good. Some of the level design was kind of cool, but I will always see it as just a cash-grab ripoff by some shitty company.

Dude thanks this is great.

Mario Sunshine is a good example, but as colorful as it is, it's not nearly as colorful or have the contrast that Crash do. There's no point in color and brightness if you don't have the correct contrast.for them to stand out. Refer to this Look at how it isn't that bright but every color still stands.
You know what I think the problem is? Dynamic Light mapping.Consider that I'm not expert, but the lighting on objects make them look pretty lackluster and the lack of it in the original game makes me think that could fix things.

Enter the Dragonfly looks good compared to the other PS2 Spyro games, that's true. But it still looks ugly compared to the PS1 games and there were far more problems with it than the visuals.

I'm into 3d modeling so i should know this shit, but at the moment i don't.
I'm sure some extremely dedicated people will dissect this asap and upload a video to youtube though, that i'd be interested in.
The lighting and contrast are definitely lackluster and needs more work, though again i'm entirely taking into account and riding on the fact that the game is still in development. They never gave an exact date on when in 2017 this collection would be released, hell i'm sure it'll be delayed if sony/activision are willing to let them put full effort into detail and making the game look even better than the original in every way possible.

Well, another reason I think it will never achieve how the original game looks is pretty simple, the lack of pointy edged. Imagine Mario 64 with all the edges smoothed. It would look terrible. But, again, I might be full of shit.

devs back then had to make do with what they had, taking the extreme limitations into account. I think it's just all a matter of basic modeling, then tricking the player with good texturework.
hell, 99% of visuals in games like final fantasy 7 for example are all just textures and animated textures.

It has color its just so fucking bleak and lifeless. How can they fuck that up

kids are used to horeshit games with zero colour (Skyrim), so they won't know anything is wrong

I think it's because they were made when arcades were still a thing so they'd have attract videos that would play after a bit.

speaking of listening to fan feedback
LOL

user, if they listened to fan feedback, Call of Duty would have died on the PS2, where it was supposed to.

i like her curvy
i like her flat
i like her underage
i just like coco

and i haven't gone beyond the 2 post limit on porn, you faggot mods

I bet she voted for Hillary.

Is NukemDukem an eceleb or something? I don;t know any ecelebs, I don;t read gaming magazines, and I don't go on gaming websites. They haven't been useful since the late 90's, and the last few good games came out around 2006-2007.

I think that's the only video with comments disabled. And even then, I know it wasn't disabled before.

nobody cares Holla Forumstard

I don't know.
the fucks up with that rant?

As far as i can see, yeah it's the only one. This is a different video with footage and it's fine. and without shitty commentary

I didn't mean to rant, just who were you talking about? You said "speaking of listening to fan feedback."

Oh, previously i mentioned hoping vicarious would listen to what fans were saying about the color/conrast and overall how wierd crash looks.
I know activision doesn't give a single shit.

At first, he thought that Vicarious Visions/Activision was disabling comments to silence feedback, but he saw that other videos still had comments up and changed his mind.

alright, thanks anons

that's not at all what happened, but looking back i see where your confusion comes from.
my mistake

It looks like the faggot got pissed of people calling him bad and disabled the comments. He is really bad in a game as basic as Crash, after all. Even my dad plays Crash better and he haven't played video games in 15 years.

This one is better, but I'm convinced I can play Crash better and faster.

I forgot just how much I loved coo.

I really hope these, are good, I mean as far as it looks they arent' touching ANYTHING besides the graphics and even then they aren't doing any extreme redesign like modern, PS2-era crash. As long as they respect that, I know for sure I'm fucking going to enjoy this.

Holy shit, this is gonna suck major cock.

Pretty sure those are the time bonus boxes from the Time Relics in Crash 3, I'm gonna guess they added Time Relics to 1 and 2 as well.
Unless I'm remembering wrong and there was time trials in the first 2 games already.

I don't get why companies always hire people of that skill level to show off their games. It would have been interesting to see the animation for collecting all boxes in a single stage. but i am happy i got to see almost every death animation at the very least

I swear the time trials were only for "Warped." I may be full of shit, because it's been 20 years, but N. Sanity didn't have an inaccessible/gem only level. There was a little bit of backtracking due to 2 routes, and a bridge made of boxes, but no time trial. Sticking shit that doesn't belong is retarded. If they wanted to add new content, why not make a new fucking game?

You wanna know why? It's because Shit-ny can shit out remasters of the same fucking game, 3 fucking times, and make $180. The Shit of us was released on PS3, PS4, and PS4 pro. Ratchet and Clank was "remastered." This is the biggest, most profitable scam ever, and I hope everybody at Shit-ny burns in hell with testicular cancer. I mean, is it really that fuckign hard to make a 3D/2D platformer with 40 or so levels, where you collect shit, and call is "Crash Bandicoot: Cosmos", or some shit like that? You could have aquarium levels with mechanics where you can drown like Sonic, more laboratory levels, shit like in Rayman 2. Shit-ny would be rolling in money, especially if they released it for PC as well.

Yes since they're not Nintendo which has piles of design documents for Mario.

calm down big guy, vicarious is handling it im gonna assume your reaction to that will be understandably mixed and so far they seem to actually give a few fucks. blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/12/03/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-rebuilds-the-psone-classics-for-a-unique-ps4-remaster-package/
read this.
also this
nintendo could very easily shit out remasters and hire people to make new entries to franchises they have sitting around, and they dont

I'm sorry about that, but I used to love video games. I used to, because Microshaft shitbox and Blow-me gaystation ruined gaming with the 360 and PS3. It fucking astounds me that they can;t even do a remaster correctly. The fucking game is already done, all they are doing is updating the graphics.

How old are you?

if the ps3 and the 360 were nails in the coffin, the pii and pii poo were THE coffin itself, what were they thinking with that waggling casual shit.

Seriously you're not the only one here with that mentality. Everyone knows that. even though ps3 wasnt nearly as terrible as xbone 360 because it actually got games eventually
Take into account that game development isn't as easy as you're assuming. Sure it's easy to just shit out the same game over and over seeing as nintendo has been doing that for almost 20 years now with mario but it's harder to actually put effort into a project and make it unique/fun. Even harder to find a big company like sony that's willing to fund said project. Vicarious needs our feedback bad if we don't want them to fuck this up. Not every big blunder is like no man's sky were they knew they were making a shitty game.

I'm not trying to elevate any 1 console/ company, user. Where the fuck is Super Mario Sunshine 2, though?

I just have the feeling they are going to ruin it

fuck I miss that game

Did John Flynt design those grid girls?

YOU
LOSE

To make it as good as the old ones? Yes.

The comments were calling him trash at the game, which he is.

that coco

I remember Rascal.
Yeah it's one of those terrible games. The controls are fucking miserable, like tank controls with finicky acceleration paired with the homicidal camera from super mario 64 and the bubble gun does about as much damage as you would expect a bubble gun to do making boss fights obnoxiously long and tedious, especially when you're already fighting against the controls.

That being said, it had a cool theme of of visiting stages multiple times to get shit in the past and in the present. That medieval castle becomes a museum exhibit that you have to break into for instance. I don't ever remember beating the game since the game was balls hard for the wrong reasons, especially when you're like 8 years old, but I definitely remember the first handful of stages.

It's basically the same with more drums and sounds.
The rest is true, but yellow boxes are time trials, they were in 2 and 3, but now they added them to the first one. I thought that was pretty neat. I hope they keep the island map when traveling through levels and don't decide to use 2 and 3 hubs.

It's not like they're modifying the whole game, they only added something that was added in 2 and 3 to 1. There are far more problems like the infinite retrials of Bonus stages.
There's absolutely nothing bad with selling remakes and remasters of a 20yo game. It's bad when they do it like the last of us, which is shit to begging with, but as long as the game keeps the gameplay is cool even when the originals still look better.

I'm going to assume because they're e-celebs. If they're good or not in video games doesn't matter, they're famous. Also, they probably just play shitty cellphone games, considering he doesn't even know how the fuck high jump works.

Stop, user, you're embarrassing yourself.
You have 2 options after that, you either leave the game as it is but remake all the sprites and change the resolution or actually make the effort to give the game new textures. Also, if they add extra stuff, even better, as long as it doesn't change the game.

One day we will be together again and finish that crap.

I want them to remake Crash Twinsanity just to relive that moment where Crash and Cortex slides down the ice mountain and through a strip club halfway through, the game was full of tongue in cheek moments like that, little me didn't quite understand it but replaying it again recently, I keked externally for five minutes. And maybe they can even make the second dimension too and make it more of a game

wasnt tawna in a risque outfit shown in that scene? i havent played that game in fucking ages

It had potential, but at the end it was really mediocre. Also

can't remember, but Cortex says shit like "Oh my, are those real?"
"…MOTHER?!"

Fuck Hubs, the game managed to incorporate traveling around into part of the gameplay, It also did fairly well at being a 3d world rather than your linier levels… Finding crystals was much more of a challenge… But yeah. I admit, it was sort of mediocre, they simply had ran out of time to add much more content, hence it being short. But IMO it was a real gem for what it's worth.

HAHAHA I REMEMBER THE MOTHER PART NOW HOLY SHIT

And as a result you couldn't go back to the worlds you already was in, fucking you if you wanted to collect boxes and so on. Kill yourself, faggot, hubs in a game like Crash are a must, this is why Twinsanity is shit.

holy fucking shit this entire scenerio
that beginning cutscene
i need to play this game asap.
too bad pcsx2 is a pile of shit and doesnt run well on any pc i've owned

its hard to believe this came out during the beginning of the dark ages, what a golden piece

at least they acknowledged her

6th gen best gen

He's the only one who disabled the comments. A lot of them called him on being painfully terrible to watch. His commentary also sounded like he had brain damage or some kind of mental handicap.

Looks like ActiBlizzard and/or Sony need to pick their "ambassadors" a little more carefully next time.

I can't help but sorta feel bad for him. Just a dude with possible autism. Not like he went chris chan level or fucked with people.

e-elliot sama?!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarious_Visions
take a look at the bottom of the games they made… this ain't gonna be pretty.

for the fuckers who won't click on links

I don't know. If you're bad at something, the least you can do as a broadcaster is own it and look to improve it, either through in-game pointers, documentation, or just trying different things.

The original Crash only gives you those last two and regardless of what he says, I'm guessing this was his first time ever playing the game. There's going to be a lot of users like him that will go with the analog stick, try to run through as fast as they can the first time around, and get burned pretty badly by what is still very much a game designed by and intended for longtime platformer fans.

Now that you mention it…

well thats entirely true.
The original crash is extremely bare bones basic, you'd be a bit daft to fuck up on the first stage. So his lack of skill is questionable. Hopefully vicarious understands this and won't try to gimp the next 2 games to appease casuals.

they decided to stop wasting talent on games targeted towards children.
also the crash part of the new skylanders isnt bad at all

Nevermind then, I don't own a PS4 anyways.

After watching video related, I realized how much shit was cut from this game. If anything, Twinsanity deserved a remake, adding all the shit that didn't get into the game along with all the planned content that was not made due to it being rushed…

A good half of the original planned game may had very well been scrapped. No one wants a lazy retexture of the original 2, they were fine as they were. Twinsanity deserves justice.

There's not much to fuck up, they're throwing in the other two games. I'd be surprised if they didn't have CTR on the table at some point.

which is my point. Crash 2 and 3 are far bigger undertakings, anything can happen during development.
like the entire project getting canceled cause muh skylanders profit

They'll get fried if they gimp any of the three games. Not even Mass Effect-level shilling would excuse that.

I'd also give the Skylanders bubble a year, tops, before it burst. They've got company with those new Lego things. Disney was smart enough to bail out.

XD dogs arent marsupials!

its a big pain in the ass to set up a playstation emulator. or do you just want to sell your used games at top dollar like a filthy scalper?

Seeing PS1 games with full-color print on them feels weird and unnatural.

It really isn't. All you have to do is download the bios files, and then if you're downloading from a website that uses ancient rips, drag them onto unecm, and if you want to use mednafen, you have to make the cue files, but most people don't care enough to use mednafen.

is it simpler these days? because i remember every other game needed me to play with the settings for a while for one reason or another.
i remember tomba 2 had a problem where the music wouldnt loop, it would just go to the next song on the disk. i figured it out eventually but i dont know what the hell i did.

XD thats sot rue XDDDDDDDDd lol wyhy name ur dog bandicoot when its not a bandicoot LMAO XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Kill yourself, you piece of shit.

hey you dont have to get uppity with me just because you think all warm blooded creatures are mammals you stupid reptile

He was making fun of you because you used "XD" in an apparently unironic manner.

It was probably the cue file that was causing the issue, given that that game uses CD audio. So it was more an error with the rip that you were using not including a proper cue file than the emulator's fault. Here's some more info on cue files. emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Cue_sheet_(.cue) Also, I'd recommend using Mednafen PSX in RetroArch for PSX emulation.

THIS. With the exception of one game, all my discs are in black and white. How some people seem to regularly have PS1 color discs escapes me.

Are you not from America? I bought each game when they released, and I swear they were always in color.

I think only later releases had full color. is how I remember most releases looking in terms of color.

well that seems like good times. i hope isohunt is still kicking

I think emuparadise has a pack with all the cue files for every game that needs a special one. Just gotta modify it a bit using the information I posted to correspond with another rip, and you're set.

That looks so much better

it could be worse

That's not how insulting a poorly managed franchise works. Also, it would be better if you put the titles of the games next to crash.

This is the best looking crash.

That's actually good. Crash is on the right path. He's ditched his shitty tats, gotten his head shape and eyebrows back, and is wearing the correct shows again. He's recovering nicely.

If only Spyro could follow suit.

Greyscale disk art is from the greatest hits reprint versions of games.

Stay triggered goon.

My brother made an interesting theory after seeing those winning animations.
Crash burps out a gem or he literally takes it out of his ass.
That probably means that Crash eats everything he collects in the levels, wumpas, gems or crystals alike.
Maybe it's an obvious thing but I never realized it.

Well fuck those faggots

This is 100% wrong. Universal Interactive Studios hired Naughty Dog to make a bunch of games, which resulted in Crash. When Naughty Dog was bought by Sony, after CTR, Universal got new devs to start working on Crash. Eventually Universal Interactive Studios merged with Vivendi, and then later Vivendi Universal was bought by Activision.

Spyro was a similar situation, only Insomniac wasn't bought by Sony. They just chose to stop making Spyro. The president of the company said they ran out of things to do with the character, complaining that Spyro "couldn't even hold a gun." So they took the Agent 9 gameplay from Spyro 3 and made Ratchet & Clank when, rather than renewing their contract for universal, they signed a contract to make a few games for Sony (but not actually become owned by Sony).

Crash 3 was the only one of these with a code for Spyro. CTR has a code for Spyro 2, but we'll never get a CTR remake.

They've said this, but it's never in the games. It seems somewhat contradicted by Crash having a picture of her in his house in Crash 3. Of course, maybe he's just a sad, broken man, still pining over the one who got away.

The canon ending is the non-100% ending, but Ripper Roo does still go to college and become a doctor, like in the 100% ending.

But yeah they did make it substantially easier. On the other hand, they made it so the Bonus Round boxes count toward your gem total in Crash 1, which actually makes it harder. In the original, you can get 100% while ignoring the Tawna and N. Brio Bonus Rounds entirely. The N. Brio ones are actually hard, so that's something. I've 100%ed the game a ton of times by now, but I've probably only beaten the Brio stages once or twice, because they're not necessary, so when I die in them, which you will, because they're hard, I never bother to go back to them. Now I will, I suppose.

Actually, you would only get passwords at the same moments that you could save. I agree that the save system is pretty cumbersome and doesn't feel as legitimate a challenge as similar save systems in games like Donkey Kong Country (at least the first one. Paying to save in 2 is bullshit), but I think not getting a Gem unless you beat the level without dying is perfectly fair. It is much harder than the sequels, but it's still a legitimate challenge. It's not at all bullshit. Even though the real reason probably was because the game didn't save which crates you broke with your checkpoints.

I would prefer they don't change things like cutscenes in this game. However, if they wanted to expand on her character in future games, I'd be fine with that. This time, I want fancy graphics with the same everything else, and only additions that don't change what was there before. Like Relics added in Crash 1 and 2, which I've heard they're doing. Hopefully they give you some sort of reward for beating the Developer Times, too, even though those were always hard as balls.

Spyro had cutscenes in it. Especially 2 and 3. 2 and 3 had fairly substantial stories, as far as platformers/adventure games went.

She's obviously too young to vote, Holla Forums. Also she's Australian.

Adding Relics is a good thing. They don't change what's already there, just give you an additional challenge to play through. And btw, that N. Sanity Beach level is exactly the same layout. They didn't add new shit.

Also, Ratchet & Clank was an actual remake. As in, a new game based on the old one. It wasn't as good as the original, but it certainly wasn't the same game.

I beat that recently again, on co-op as intended. Just remember that it's not made by Naughty Dog, and it shows. It's still a pretty good party game with a cool adventure mode, but by the end of that mode, you're probably not gonna care enough to unlock the last few levels. And some of the challenges are so absurdly hard and partially luck based that I swear they were never actually tested. The one Pogo challenge with Ripper Roo in particular is balls shatteringly hard.

Actually only 3.

Not even high jump. High jump isn't in Crash 1. This guy has literally never played a video game before, as he doesn't realize you hold the jump button to jump higher.

Twinsanity was a good effort at evolving the series, but wasn't even close to finished, and as a result leaves us with just a sad reminder of what might have been. It's still fun, but Jak & Daxter (the first one) will always be the real Crash 5.

You can go back to anywhere in the game as long as you explore around. There are always paths to get anywhere you want.

Crash Nitro Kart is literally just a worse version of Crash Team Racing. CNK is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played, considering how CTR is one of the best.

Pretty sure it's earlier print runs of the discs. Greatest Hits and whatever would always be black and white. I have color on all my Crashes and Spyros (but my bitch mom smashed all my cases and threw out the manuals).

It's the opposite, actually. Later ones would not be in color.

Even with digital downloads I have an inexcusably hard time getting people to play a good Crash game. How hard it it for people to play 10 - 20 year old games now, for real? I always thought games like Crash aged the best. Their animation had the best kind of exaggeration and bounce, and the close and limited camera view allowed them to have colorful and packed environments. It's another case of "Do you want a bigger world with less to interact with, or more to interact with in an enclosed area?"

I threw up a little at that webm. He pulls wumpa fruit out of hammer-space too if you idle long enough in Crash 1.

Pretty sure it's only Crash 3 that had that. He would also play with a Yo-Yo.

1 does it too. He starts tossing it in the air, at one point it doesn't come down, after waiting a while for it to come back in confusion, it hits him on the head, covering him in juice.

I 100% agree with this. And pretty much everything else you've said, you really know your Crash user.

This is the reward if you can't play video games and upload the results to the internet.