Halo Wars 2

Anybody interested? The villain seems more interesting than the Forerunners imo. I don't know why Chief had to fight a bunch of ancient robots rather than a pissed off brute that's not a cuck unlike Tartarus. What other genres would like Halo to explore in the future? A stealth game featuring a new ODST/Spartan during the earlier parts of the Covie war would be nice.

I fucking hate Brutes why couldnt it be a fucking Jackal or something

Looks damn generic, especially the marketing trailers, fucking cinematic Hollywood shit, RIP Halo.

didn't mean to greentext that second line

This guy gets it. Brutes were shitty.

It's gonna flop.

I mean, it does have muh halo going for it, how did the first one do?

I don't get what it is with this one guy shilling current year Halo, I mean really now

First one was surprisingly decent. It was complete shit as an RTS compared to nearly any PC RTS game but for a console RTS it was pretty alright and was clearly designed as a console game. As a Halo game it was also pretty good despite the fact they made the game and then Microsoft told them it was going to be a Halo game. It had a nice soundtrack with good aesthetics and the story wasn't complete garbage that shat all over the previous games.

It's main downside was the base building was so limited that it was almost non-existant and precise unit control was a mess. For a console RTS it did a pretty decent job though and had some nice ideas to try and make an RTS work on consoles despite them being so ill suited for the genre. It might just be because I like Halo but I thought the game was pretty good for what it was.

The sequel is going to be absolute garbage though. They are trying to make it an actual RTS by putting it on PC but they will fail and it's going to be shit. The first game was only praised by the standard of console RTS games, if you compare it to any actual RTS on PC then it was garbage. Given the current state of Halo's violated corpse I imagine it will be a shit halo game that shits all over the original games as well.

It's also locked to windows 10/microsoft store too isn't it?

Yeah, I used to play the first one with friends, just so we could rush the enemy and dick around. Especially because one of my friends was a massive halo fanboy. But I'm wondering how well did it sell? Did normalfags like it because it was baby's first RTS and had halo slapped on? Or did no one like it other than a few people and die hard halo fans?

Yes so even if it was the official greatest game of all time that appeals to everyone from every genre from harcore oldfags to complete casual shitters it would still fail to sell.

Messing around with friends was fun even if the online was pretty meh. It's been a while but I think it was usually just play humans and rush hawx/upgraded tanks to steamroll everything. Most of my friends had never played an RTS game so we usually just did bots.

KILL YOURSELF SHILL FAGGOTS AND STOP RESPONDING HOLY SHIT

The only person I know that likes it is a die-hard Halo fan. Too much emphasis on rushing for it to be enjoyed by my RTS friends.

ODST is amazing on it's own merits, i'd actually argue the second best halo game period, but at launch it was super ovepriced.

Reach has issues but people forget that 3 had most of the same issues, and the two are more or less on par. Whatever flaws Reach does have (such as the garbage maps) is cancelled out or outweighed by the sheer amount of content, game modes, and modularity it has thanks to forge and the amount of custom game settings it has + campaign/FF matchmaking and modifiers.

4 is obviously sub-par for the series, so skipping that.

5's campaign is super short and the story, while not as full retard as 4's, is still bad, but the actual core gameplay mechanics are among the best in the series, and it has the best forge and weapon balance. Overall i'd actually say it has the second best MP in the series, only behind 2's.

On the lore side of things, the novels have actually gotten better since Halo 3 came out: Contact Harvest and Silentium are both amazing, Broken Circle, Cryptum, Last Light, Primordium, Shadow of Intent and Evolutions are great, and Hunters in the Dark and Saintes Testimoney are both pretty good.

First one was enjoyable for what it was. I never thought a console RTS would ever work as decently as HAAH WAAW did. It was a pleasant surprise.
However, Ensemble is dead and Creative Assembly is beyond redemption, and everything shown about the game so far looks bland at best.

youre welcome

He sounds like a fucking Gary Stu, what the fuck are you talking about?

Sounds better than a buttmad faggot who's only trying to kill me because I disturbed his beauty sleep.

let me guess. It's a woman or a black guy.

Is there more of this or like this? Loving, overprotective big aliens and their humans?

Plenty of SPARTANs and ODSTs have always been female or minorities though

343 has been pushing female elites for "diversity", not female humans

Can't we just play as Rookie's brother or male cousin who is a normal guy without any snowflake bs?

I know its [HOLIDAY SEASON] and all that but all you shills lately are really selling to the wrong crowds with all the EA and Xbone shilling thus week.
Have you co sidered 4chan or Neogaf?

I would be interested in it, but
I'll just watch the cutscenes on youtube, those are the best parts anyway, and that way I can skip having to look at that retarded AI's bioware-quality face

user, have you seen anything from Halo 5
Compare Digital Luke Cage's team of special snowflakes(including Super Buck) to Captain King's team of relatively unmolested Bungie-created characters, the difference is staggering
There's also that one random high-test spartan bitch from 4 that bossed around the chief all the time like it was nothing because she was a strong independent super soldyr that didn't need no man

hardly

you mean someone just like rookie? I doubt it.

Honestly I preferred it when it ayyys trying to kill you while unleashing things beyond their comprehension

343 went out of their way to deliberately kill Rookie in a book, they'd never consider bringing him back

Its shit
Petroglyphs pixelshit RTS are probably better.
Whens Eugen Systems next game?

And here I thought I was gonna have a good day.

Fuck no. It's console RTS being ported over only to Windows 10. The first one was garbage and given the sharp decline of the series since 343i no one should even consider the possibility of it being good.

Anyone who wants a good Halo game should go play Sins of the Prophets mod instead. There's no ground combat but fuck it space combat is betterer anyway.

Whens that Homeworld mod coming out?
Fucking hell

v.0.81.2 is up right now. They say it's an alpha but I don't think they're going to do a beta because there's not all that much to add, unless they're going to be building who new features into the game. It's fairly polished right now, and is entirely playable.

Vid related. Apologies for not being able to find a video without a faggot talking over it, but it shows off the new UI and how much is in the game already.