Overwatch won game of the year

Overwatch won game of the year.

Anyone complaining that Uncharted 4 didn't win is the reason we keep getting sequels and nothing new. Don't get me wrong, great game but this is about something different. Of course Blizzard is a huge company so of course they're going to get all the marketing, awards and exposure but lets look at what Blizzard has done with Overwatch.

For the past 10 years we have gotten nothing but rehashed sequels of the same Call of Duty/Battlefield knock offs that overcharge you with DLC content and release incomplete games in order to make more money down the road. Blizzard said "f*ck that, we're changing the game."

The game has only been out for little over 6 months now (?) and we've had 3 seasons of competitive, 2 seasonal events, 2 new heroes, 2 new maps and over 300+ cosmetic items for FREE. Blizzard took everyones complaints about the gaming industry screwing us over and decided to give back. If game developers are smart, they will follow suit and stop being so greedy/lazy. I applaud Blizzard for everything they've done and I'm going to continue supporting them in the future. Overwatch deserved this 100%.

Woah there plebenstein.

Probably not in your heart. Definitely not in mine or most of this board's hearts.
Let's turn this into something better. What was your GOTY of 2016, Holla Forums?
Most fun I've had this year? Furi
Game I think is most deserving of GOTY? I don't know to be honest. I've had a lot of fun but I'm not entirely sure which was objectively the best game I've played of the year. Sure as shit isn't Furi.

So how were the VGAs?
I missed them when watching The Late Late Toy Show

forgot to sage

The only people here who think Uncharted is good are Sonygger shills. They've been trying to force the meme that the game is good so as to try and pretend that the PS4 isn't sorely lacking in games.

Leave

No game deserved game of the year this year.

[-]

Is 2016 the worst year for gaming? Nothing of note came out.

problem is some retarded goyim actually believe it, even though this is the kind of game that goes on the ash heap of history due to its nature

Forza Horizon 3 came out this year, supposedly it's good but i have not played it myself

Overwatch is shit but, Uncharted is hardly a video game.

uncharted was its competition? no wonder overwatch won.

Kill yourself, Blizzdrone.

According to who? What is the "official" award, because every fucking site has a "game of the year".

Ignoring the obvious copypasta, I will say that I have no interest in the game itself, but I'm glad it won just because it will spark up more r34.

How about no?

Whatever, who cares about some game awards. Plus I got Widowmaker and Mercy to fap to now, so there's that.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. More like "developers will follow suit and spit out overwatch clones", like Paladins.

The issue isn't that overwatch is bad, its that we've had nothing good.

It's 40$. 60$ is the special edition for idiots that think 5$ per skin is a good deal or for console faggots that insist in playing FPS games on consoles.

You should know better than to expect good in this day and age, especially for mainstream stuff.

But regardless of that, Overwatch still deserves the GOTY award. It's not that it was that great but rather that the devs actually worked hard on it and did much more than an average company for their game.

It was an actual new IP, an actual new idea and actual new gameplay compared to everything else to the point that, even after taking several pointers from TF2, it still managed to be different and better.
It also had some new and interesting characters and a good story to follow up, it runs quite well on most PC's and still looks really good. And one of the things that everyone agreed on, even those that did not liked the game, was that it was a very well polished one.

This on top of the incessant bug fixing, the way they deal with cosmetics, the PTR to test changes and have the community give feedback, how they handle cheaters and the communication with the userbase.
In the end, even if you don't like the game itselt, at least how they deal with both the game and the community is an example that others should follow too.

i miss the Holla Forumsga

So basically, if anything's gonna get GOTY, it might well be Overwatch?

Christ, this year was pretty dire, looking back. I mean, I liked Star Fox Zero I guess?

>>>/suicide/

I haven't played a single game released this year. Did ANY good games come out?

NuDoom or Momodora 4. I'd probably give both games an 8/10.

I have never seen such an obvious halfchan crosspost in my life. 0/10.

Kill yourself

some good games slipped under the radar. youve probably heard this answer before though.

Well, pretty much, yeah. I mean, look at the list and compare the alternatives. bunch of rehashes or badly made crap or full of controversy or mediocre at best.
It's kinda like the USA elections where a lot of people voted for Trump just because the alternative was Hillary.

From who? Every fucking thing gives out game of the year awards.

I'm kind of tired reminding everyone that Rabi Ribi and EDF 4.1 exists (and Revelator hits steam soon)

Mark should make a sticky thread reminding everyone that they should play rabi ribi

Go be underaged back on cuckchan,

Ywf posters going "ech, multiplayer only" were to young to have played Quake.

Hey, oldfag, use your memes right.

Anyone got a list of games from current year?

Last year Dragon Age Inquisition won game of the year. That award is fucking meaningless.

whyy why why do we still care about GOTY bullshit when it's the reason we had to exodus in the first place?

Because we have been steadily getting more newfags ever since the election ended. Honestly this is the most halfchan like thread I have seen this year, and it seems that this will become the standard quality thread in about 3-5 months.

I said the same thing during May of last year.
Its been worse

Almost 3 months since launch and still almost unplayable on PC.

What the fuck are you talking about?

fuck off Forzakiddy. Horizon 3 runs like dogshit and you know it.

So it actually IS Holla Forums fault this time.
I think we need to start having UAB/loli threads to counteract the incoming cancer.

Do it but stop bumping this garbage thread

go fucking kill yourself Blizzard drone

Nice blogpost OP

what's the difference between uncharted 4 and team fortress 3 anime edition winning the award

It's how you know award shows are total bullshit. Sort of like how you know something is a lie when the MSM is doubling down on it.

Agreed.

All the anons that like UC4 can brag about how their favorite PS4 got the GOTY award

delete this

I hope Mark smothers you to death with his cake