Casual Filters

I haven't seen one of these threads in a while. Post casual filters that make lesser men quit and make good men better.

My pick is the part where you fight Kiryu Kazuma on the beach in Yakuza 4. On the hardest difficulty his punch can take nearly half of your health and if you let him get his HEAT to red the fight is basically over.

The weirdest shit storm I've ever seen. Would derail entire thread if you posted the link.

hi

i wanna make a hex based strat game, how do i put a casual filter on it?

I think this is tied for the barrel in Sonic 3

Abandon all hope.

For who are you talking about? For Holla Forums, casual filters are any game that isn't assfaggots, mmo, or mobile.

all of deez tbh

Jeanne from chapter 2 is the biggest one, those guys ain't no big deal in comparison.

Kiryu was pretty challenging on Hard Mode especially if you barely had any healing items.

As for a hardmode game, that giant fucking tank in Valkyria Chronicles. I had fun with the game up until that point.

Oh wait, I forgot, Holla Forums pirates literally everything, so solving an anti-piracy puzzle without the solution would be a huge filter.

You mean the one in the desert? Scout rush

lookin up ole pdfs ain't ez fam.

Well, I suppose you're not wrong…

Add fake crt scanlines

I tried that and I nearly did it until the blue haired bitch showed up and wrecked my shit and I'm too casual to deal with permadeath

yakuza is a pretty fun game but the difficulty is totally artificial.

any higher setting you choose only gives enemies more damage and health and gives you less defense.

only thing in ix that was some what challengin fam. any nigga could cruise through most of that game tbh but if ya fight ozma he beat dat ass down one time real quick.

Fuck off 4am trash

You'd think that with anonymity, it would be so easy for them to avoid showing other people who they are. But they make it so obvious, almost as if they want other people to notice them, like they crave attention.

Yeah, basically they just want to feel special. Pretty sad really.

Unless you pulled a "stupid shit you did while you were young" thing where you brought two of your favorite spellcasters to Oelivert.

Good games.

Avatarfags and tripfags craving attention? Sounds unlikely :^)

Just report him

:^)

eeyore was easy. is this supposed to be bait?

You'll know pain by the time you get to Owl and Tigger.

or alternatively

Weren't you allowed to lose to him though? I can't remember, it's been awhile.

Casual filters are pretty dead now that anyone can just look up what to do via the internet now unless it takes actual motor skills.

I was 13 when DMC4 came out and I was able to beat the game just fine.
This just makes me sad. DmC:Babys first action game is a cancer.

ain't most casual filters bein called dat 4 dat reason? Matador from Nocturne is commonly posted but dat nigga ez if you understand how da game work.

this 1 was ruff tbh

Vid related. Autistic normalfag ragequitting a legit hardcore game.

I recognize the rest but what is sideways polandball from?

Mount and Blade: Viking Conquest. The part in the story where you have to capture a castle and hold it by yourself for 20 days. Separates the casuals from the real M&B junkies.

Jeanne wasn't that hard. Just fight quickly and dodge a lot.

Hey I remember that faggot from another place, was busy defending that the dash function added to hard reset redux wasn't casual pandering, Hard Reset (the original not redux where it's "lol spamdash2win"') by itself is kind of a casual filter at higher difficulty levels.

Gracious and glorious weren't that hard just attack from afar and try staying in the air as much as possible, the point is a casual is much more likely to give up at Jeanne than go all the way to those guys then give up.

Does the first have the same control scheme of 2? I can see it being a perfect filter if it does.

A lot of good OC made from that game.

Honestly its pretty pathetic if you couldnt make it to C. Robin. The rest were not that hard.

how come when you get to owl the difficulty goes from 1 to 9001?

Owl ain't even that bad. There is a whole garden of red delights awaiting you.

Weren't they all in robot bodies at that point?

webbum or mp4 of this 9th circle of hell?

ye fam

Phanto from Mario 2/Doki Doki Panic.

Yeah. Avoid Master of Arena, and everything made after Another Age. 3 is a fucked up reboot of the series, and the game has devolved into Gundam Wing with missiles.

Does anyone have a archive of the Pooh Bear thread?

Don't have one. Robin has everyone's pitch but better and he throws them at random so you can't get in a groove at all.

He was easy.

No you weren't. The real kick in the dick is, in the cutscene afterwards, you lose to him anyways. I fucking hate when games pull that shit.

"Oh, did you have fun taking your first Tier 4 car around literally the easiest track in the game? Bring it to Brightest Nite, bitchtits, it's time to race."

Steam

dks1 and bloodborne are the only hard ones imo

All the bosses in that game where casual filters, that old fuck at the top of the tower beat my ass into the ground so many times, eventually I just soloD him with Vaan while the other 2 guarded.

What game is it?

Legend of Legaia, PS1 RPG.

Thanks man.

God damn, that brings back memories. I bought R4 from FunCoLand right when it came out, and played it almost nonstop until I mastered it. Too bad my vidya driving skills have rusted, or I might want to play it again.

DMC4SE is a fucking cake walk if you play as Vergil as his combat is the best in the game
infinite legendary dark knight devil trigger + legendary dark knight difficulty = good shit

Pick it up again, faggotron; it emulates beautifully even on my shitty laptop, and the controls are so wonderfully simple that running a clean lap in a high tier car is like creating fine art.

You're not a real American man until you've beaten Grand Prix with DRT + Lizard

Why? A PSX is like $10, and a mod chip is $3.

I once crashed the demo of Rage Racer (Ridge Racer 3) on a Jampack disc by coming in first on a single-lap race. The content required to announce that I had won was not added to the demo version of the game.

First village fight was a casual filter for my brother before he quit the game. Nigger was too retarded to even run away until the bell rang.

git gud fag. Dead Ahead is only hard because of how odd the enemies in cover are to hit.

"Get A Life" achievement in Hotline Miami, aka getting a fucking A+ in every level. Yes, including Assault. That fucking level.

i can think of 2 more to fit in to this nightmare scenario

phanto from mario bros 2. its horrifying, they mostly appear in dark places with scary music and chase you when you pick up a key. in the gba remake theres a giant mask in the background whos eyes start glowing when you pick up a key.

Here's what you can do:

what i always do is put someone elses name

This fight taught me that haste and liberation were the only worthwhile skills near the end of disc 1.

Dark Souls 2

Jap character limits are the devil.

Upgrade your bat.
Depending on what your particular problem is, either the first or second stat when at owl.

What name? :^)

Fucking casual.

Are you kidding me, that was one of my favorite missions.

Isn't that fucker after the plant monster? I remember the plant monster as being more of a shock to people than that fucker. Don't the bosses work on a pattern? I remember at least two of the later ones do, and it makes it entirely possible to fight them while much lower level than you should be.

One of the most universal casual filters.
Though not without bad implementations, there are always going be people complaining about it.

i fucking cheated because of that cunt, no amount of grinding would make me powerful enough, i may have been a filthy casual growing up but that cunt broke me hard

As it should.

The only thing hard about this game is Sony's cock up your ass.

Even after all these years, this shit still took me a few attempts. Great introduction to the unforgiving difficulty of the game.

I always thought Chemical Plant was significantly harder than Aquatic Ruin.

Here's a classic.

I just finished Rabbit, why the fuck is he at a higher stage than the kangaroos? Their throw is annoying as fuck. Rabbit is fucking casual-tier, i'm sure i could homerun all his throws if i tried.

This dickhead made me take a break from The Wonderful 101 and almost forget about the game before I went back to it after about a month.

He's relatively fine once you figure out that you can block his fist slams in order to protect the tower. However, going in blind on your first go, knowing neither this nor the fact that you can hit him with normal melee attacks due to the strange perspective making him appear further away than he is, is pretty difficult.

TW101 is one of my favourite games of all time and may be my absolute favourite game period, but this boss is the only one that I really didn't enjoy fighting on the first go. The two shmup parts also suck, but they aren't bosses and are both too late in the game to really be called casual filters.

This was a great casual filter.

A casual filter can still be fun, in fact they're usually fun for the precise reason casuals hate them. Pic related got IGN so bootyblasted that they ragequt the game and gave it a 3.7 review score.

That's fucking pathetic.

I'll agree that the controls were shit but the game was too crazy to put down.

They were perfectly fine once you got used to them. They were just different from the norm, like pretty much everything else in the game.

It's true you got used to them but they were still clunky and could've been way better.

Still amazing game though. RIP Clover.

Can W101 have a casual filter with the way the continue system works? Dying to a boss or any encounter on your first run makes no difference unless you're going for a good ranking, and you're probably not doing that on your first run.

that's the part where you learn to get good with the tank controls fast. I didn't think it was that hard, but then again, I did die on that part four times before getting the hang of it. Really, casual filters are almost always a test of patience.

But RE4 didn't have tank controls, it was 3rd person. It's just that you couldn't move while aiming.

Tank controls is what the original RE games had and i never understood why people disliked it so much.

It had tank controls

re4 controlled just the same as the classics, only with added aim and a new camera. It's still tank controls.

That's a good point, though I could more feasibly imagine a casual player getting fed up and quitting the game because of that part of the game in particular than with any other. Even the part of that level before he shows up is already fairly difficult and annoying.

ALRIGHT, GAMMA ONE, SHOW US HOW A GREAT PILOT CLEARS A MINEFIELD

excellent game

Three separate times now Zach's dumbed down one of the puzzles because of focus testing. First the sandwich maker for whatever reason, then some puzzle in the Avalon City campaign (which got reverted to the harder version after people complained), and now the aquaponics robot one. No idea why he's listening to that kind of feedback when his fans obviously want a challenge, the puzzles just need to be rearranged, not made easier.

The vape LED puzzle is the casual filter

Isn't this how he has done things in the past?
Making a bunch of levels for spacechem, play test them and then rearrange them?
I wonder why he chose not to do it this time. Maybe it's because it's post-release

Or you know, Beatrix. End of Disc 1.

Was SpaceChem in EA? I know TIS was, and some puzzles got changed, but I didn't play either of them at release.

Maybe, but two of those puzzles were changed when it was still in EA, he had plenty of time to do some shuffling around before the official release. As long as he doesn't touch the color-coordinating shoes puzzle I'm nonplussed, but I slaved over that thing and god damn it so will everyone else who beats the main campaign

A rare Rhythm Game casual filter. Will fuck you in the ass since it's really easy to start missing the inputs now with the shorter bars and considering it only gets harder from here on out this is what tests if you're ready for a strong dicking later on when it's SKELETON TIME.
Shit, only reason I didn't put the Sanbone Trio here is because they're in the last third of the game.

holy fuck whoever's flying in that vid is good.

I've never had a problem with VOID before, even when emulating I can squeak by even with the input lag, I think that's mostly because it's all the defense stage. Of course you can get pretty lucky\unlucky with how you get swarmed so I can understand how it could wall people, but I still think BJB is a good indicator of whether or not you have a shot at the rest of the game.

ITS DAAAAAAAAARK

I'm terrified of the bone zone now for what the third damn stage had.

If you ain't down with the BNC, got bad news, nigga.

This game has holocausted casuals by the six millions.

If only the dev would add more vehicles for us to build.

nice monitor, but I'm more of an ikegami person

Bumping so I can finish without losing my save progress.

Just download it and play it via flash player projector

This faggot has no right using an avatar from Hard Reset, as the original is some of the hardest, most strategic FPS you'll see.
Jesus what an infuriating little retard.

I've noticed all the best casual filters are like overly punishing Mega Man bosses that actually expect you not to get hit too much while you hit the bosses.
The moment casuals can't just rush in, mash and win they get insanely upset and rage quit in frustration, sine they're easily ticked to begin with.

I don't need to name the most obviously shit let's player to know you know he has a major issue with simply immediately losing his cool.
This is something poor FGC players fall to, and it's what casuals fall to.

Losing into further loss.

WHAT THE FUCK IS OZMA ANYWAY?

Apparently, Fallout: New Vegas.

Holy shit, the asspain is delightful. Who is this fucking loser?

the skulls weren't even hard they were just shit

Fuck.

I didn't know Linux had that, downloading it now.

Some faggot called "Rageaholic". Look for his FNV review on Youtube, it's 8 minutes of pure cringe.

I actually know people that got fucked by the karasumans

I usually go with 'I', 'me', 'you' and 'we'.