What did Nolan North mean by that speech last night? Did he really just tell all of his colleagues to suck it up...

What did Nolan North mean by that speech last night? Did he really just tell all of his colleagues to suck it up? I respect him for doing that. I'd guess he's kind of alone in this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b27iLcoPHTg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What? Who? Check em

Hydromans a pretty big guy.

what?

Nice dubs. He's a voice actor, if you care.

youtube.com/watch?v=b27iLcoPHTg

His speech on the VGAs.

He won an award last night and gave a speech basically thanking developers and people who make games, he said what they do is more important than what he does (voice act) to make a game.

What a legend.

tbqh though working on games does pay like shit, but from all fronts, not just voice work. It's just that VAs are self-important and diva enough to demand higher pay for themselves - the rest of the people working on games are too beta to speak up.

This. There's also a big voice actor strike going on right now.

I think he did. I was surprised.

I'm looking forward to the next Easy Allies podcast. Jones' wife is one of the striking voice actors. I anticipate he'll call Nolan North out of touch due to how rich he is, and Ian will join in if he's on the couch since Ian's friends with a lot of voice actors.

And he's right. Until voice actors have to sit in that booth 8am-6pm every week day and then every day when they're getting closer to the deadline then they can complain. But from every report I've seen these actors only work for 1-3 months on any games project. Meanwhile the poor code monkeys are basically chained to that desk for 2 years minimum.

b-b-b-b-but imagine i-i-if you're a v-v-voice actor who has to do death screams…

and then get fired the week after game release.

Unless its Red orchestra 2 tier, voice acting doesn't matter.

He's pretty much saying without game developers, artists, and the like that there would be no purpose for voice actors because they didn't make the characters or the game themselves. i.e. "You need a reminder of who pays your bills"

B R A V O N O L A N
R
A
V
O

N
O
L
A
N

People on the comments are saying NeoFAG accused Nolan of being an alt-righter because of this speech. Like, what the fuck? Is this true?

Fucking hilarious. Alt Right is the new GamerGate is the new Holocaust is the new Injection of Spirit into Matter.

Why don't they go after the developers who pay their code monkeys like absolute shit?

They use this guy too much for video game voice acting, but he knows the reality of it far better than many of his colleagues who are entirely divorced from reality. The effort VAs are putting in is microscopic compared to others working on these games. Considering how overpaid VAs are, them demanding more gibs is the apex of entitlement.

That's because NeoFAG is a literal communist forum. And

the developers keep the money going to protect them.

Intel has been posting a loss since they invest nearly all their earnings in FemFreq because it somehow helps something.

Why does Nolan look like a video game protagonist?

He's just got one of those faces, trips.

He looks like a generic guy.

Well, I wouldn't know. He's already most of them.

Beaners got a point this time.

True.

Literally fucking nobody of value.

Would you at least read the post before you just start spraying your shit everywhere?

It would be pretty nice advertising for a game to just go on youtube and pay $100 bucks to some youtuber to do the voice for a character in the game.

I don't give a single flying shit about what some no talent western voice has to say outside of the game he is paid to talk in. He's a low skill monkey whose sole purpose in life is to sing for my amusement, his opinions are less than worthless.

Hang on to your balls for this one: He agrees with you. Read the OP you noisebag.

You're beyond retarded.

Dude, calm down, holy shit, what's got you so triggered?

I don't care if he agrees with me, the core principle is that his job is to sing for my amusement, not act like anyone gives a fuck about his opinions.

Well why the fuck not? Everyone is literally hitler, might as well start calling them literally trump.

He was giving an award speech, user. Holy fuck you're laughable.

You gave enough of a shit to yell and sagebomb this thread multiple times. Show me on the doll where Nolan raped you user. I won't laugh, promise.

This reeks of a shill trying to engender some sort of idea that VAs are being bullied far and wide for having a comparatively easy job to actual devs, thus opening up the idea of pity being turned into profit for them. This cuck right here is only furthering the 'voice acting guild's' agenda by being so edgy and saging the thread.

Everyone can hand out awards for everything, it means absolutely nothing.

I will state right now that all VA's should be put out of their job. The position should be eradicated completely.

You say that as if it disproves anything I just said. Like it or not, VA are here to stay. You're also straying from that offhand 'western' identifier you gave him earlier, which would've indicated that you're some sort of sub v dub fag weeaboo.

No one is disagreeing with what you're saying, it's just that you're being a really weird edgy retard

Maybe he has the tism

Post yfw.

VAs are a contribution of the cancerous mainstream AAA video game culture and casuals invading the medium with artificial celebrities to virtue signal off of. Every one of them should be thrown into the streets and homeless, and the programmers at the office record some lines for fun like they used to.

You know I'm right so all you can do is resort to namecalling because the truth makes you uncomfortable.

Where were you for the SJW awards then? Why are you made of edges and no substance?

I'm sincerely sorry I missed them, because they are equally cancerous shit that should be nuked off of Holla Forums and every thread about them shitposted into oblivion.

Nolan is a dick to most people he worked with from what i understand. so i wouldn't be looking deeper into what he was saying.

he is a failed TV actor. like he said in his speech his wife pushed him into voiced acting

user, as stated no one in this thread has disagreed with you at any point. They just pointed out that you are taking this extremely seriously for seemingly no reason.
The rest of us just found this funny and wanted to have a laugh over it.
You decided to throw a histrionic fit.
Which is why everyone is rightfully calling you triggered, an autism, etc.

8/10 for getting me to reply.

Not an argument.

Somebody send help
I can't breathe

user you were doing so well before. Why'd you have to pull that one out of the can? There are yet unplumbed depths of this act you're pulling. Don't get me wrong, that's a perfect non-response to my post, but we'd all have alot more fun seeing you rage more.

I came here to laugh at you

I was right, and all you had was ad hominem and namecalling in lack of a refutation to anything I said. You could have simply not posted. I was right, and you were wrong, and your garbage thread was bumplocked. You lost.

Let me repeat: No one here disagreed with you. Refuting you would be nonsense since WE HAVE THE SAME STANCE. The difference is you care about it more than we do and got triggered by us all having a laugh over it.

Not to mention having voice acting is possibly the least important part of a game. Often times it's a hindrance to the game development.

North confirmed to be a guy who realizes that no one owes him?

He is a modern Mel Blanc.