NuDOOM Soundtrack

So what's the verdict on the nuDOOM soundtrack?
I ask, obviously, because of The Game Awards.

During the nigger "music" there appeared to be unanimous disgust in the thread, however during the nuDOOM music performance I saw conflicting opinions. I think we can mostly agree it was a million times better than the shirtless nog ooking, but taken aside from that horrendously low bar set by the Game Awards how was the nuDOOM soundtrack?

Around the middle of the performance I think they're actually playing something from Quake II.

Other urls found in this thread:

coreradio.ru/other/15983-mick-gordon-doom-original-game-soundtrack-2016
predb.me/?search=doom&cats=games
doomworld.com/vb/members/Revved/
menshormonalhealth.com/low-testosterone-symptoms.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FQwArzZr-ks&list=PLtL8q5uuc-6eDA9kmzIWvjzq2sXaLhaN9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh, there's also this.

Music taste is subjective, you can take it or leave it. I personally don't like it that much, it's for the most part this blend of metal and electronic that ends up sounding pretty ass, like the Berserk 2016 soundtrack (embed related). At the very least it doesn't sound terribly "focus group tested", which is the feel I get from 99% of AAA games (including some aspects of nuDoom like a fucking compass on the HUD and takedown animations). You can tell there was some degree of passion, even if the end result isn't that good, which is more than I can say for most game OSTs.

the synths aren't in game music i think it is
the performance sounded soft but it did sound better than the actual in game music

It reminds me alot of the ost of the remake of splatterhouse, wich is ok in my book.

It is a fine combination of music for slaying beasts of hell.

I like Death Grips and I think the nuDoom soundtrack is awful.

Descent into Cerberon, I don't know why they played it and why it sounded so bad.

It was great. Obviously people like different things, but it's fuckloads better than the other garbage played on stage.

It's bad.

some parts of it reminded me of a less inspired version of embeded
Honestly it wasn't bad. Not great, but not bad.

Rip and Tear is a fun song off it

*wubbeth intensifies*

It was a completely forgettable experience. Even if it was slightly more metal than the wub we got in the game the whole performance was cringeworthy, with the riffs sounding like uninspired fart noises. Same with the drums sounding weaker than sin should allow.

There are some good songs, but some just turn into an unlistenable combination of industrial and harsh noise.

It's shit, also was Kojima there in the front row the whole time?

Dunno if it was stuff I'd listen to otherwise, but in the context of the game I thought it was great.

Why didn't they just get Sonic Clang to do the music?

The OST would've been better if it stuck more to being like Meshuggah and less electronic. Not that it's bad, I like it and in game it works extremely well.

I like it. I think that they did somewhat well in trying to update it a bit towards a more modern sounding metal. To be honest, I've listened to Doom's music so much that it bores me now.

Yeah, that's a better take on it. Make it more pure metal and save the electronic for specific instances.

It set the tone of the game very well and served it's purpose. Grisly and chaotic for the sake of being grisly and chaotic. I don't get why everyone hates it.

Screw that, they should get Chu Ishikawa instead.

It sounds like modern numetal, like Lamb of God
If the music in gameplay was actual metal and not electronic shit it'd have been much better

Some people are just being hipsters about it, some people just dislike all electronic music and dismiss everything as "dupstep". Personally I liked the music, though I wouldn't have minded if they got Akira Yamaoka to do a soundtrack like Shin Contra

Tries to be its own thing, yet so fucking terrible to average on a lot of the tracks, sounds like metal wubstep too.

I like it but like everyone else here hates it so i'm not sure what you are expecting out of this thread.

*Vid Related*

I only like At Doom's Gate and BFG Division, everything else, I don't seem to like.

Download link from ruskies, becaues why not.
coreradio.ru/other/15983-mick-gordon-doom-original-game-soundtrack-2016

Fucking aussie shitposter.

Personally I think its pretty ass, but to give credit where credit is due, its at least more memorable than most of the other games that came out this year.

that's pretty unfunny even if a lot of nudooms soundtrack is bad

but i will vouch that Rip and Tear is a fun tack

That's far not abrasive and chaotic enough. Doom's score has to be very transgressive that it's nearly incomprehensible, like the vision of hell.

Yeah because its bad.

So Abelcain?

Bad things aren't memorable unless they're actually really bad, like technically bad (dissonance noise everywhere, cacophonic progressions, etc). In my opinion, by calling it memorable you're praising it.
Actually bad soundtracks are unmemorable, boring pieces of shit that you don't even notice are there. While technically sound, they're bland and generic. Like SF4's soundtrack.

The game isn't shit, the soundtrack is. Gameplay is okay though there are quite a few things about it that I find shitty and quite frankly I'd rather just play serious sam(not even a big fan of that) if I want to mindlessly shoot horde after horde of enemy. At least I have to use my brain in that game to SOME degree, can't gib or glory kill everything to get health whenever I need it.

Pretty much. I mean, holy shit, that's literally nuDoom. Also, Vangelis' Hypothesis re-recorded with the harshest Polivoks sound available and distorted 12 string electric guitar.

That's like the point of nuDoom's soundtrack.

That statement is flat out wrong, when you expect something good for example, but it ends up being bad. Well isn't that something you remember? Isn't that fitting the criteria for being memorable?

You might want to consider sucking Cuck Gordon's cock somewhere else. I know that you crave semen because it contains androgens and you're a starbucks sipping numale who is so full of estrogen that he has mantits that are quadruple the size of most women's but that composer is an even bigger numale.

When he finally gets it up and then manages to ejaculate after hours of your attempts to get him to do so there isn't much good stuff entering your body. Here's a tip; instead of sucking dicks like a faggot consider taking boron or cold showers.

Quite a fantasy you have there user.

I guess. Melodically/harmonically speaking there's dissonance in numetal, but the rhythm is well defined.

That's more like something that's specific to you because you had high expectations. Besides, you remember it being bad, you don't actually remember the melodies and they don't stick with you when you leave the game.

I legitimately did not think that I could loose any more faith in gaming

More like industrial. NuMetal is nowhere as chaotic. Also

Okay if you are going to tell me what I did and didn't remember then you can go fuck yourself.

I absolutely DO remember some of them, they stuck in my head, buzzing around in it like flies that I coudln't swat. Don't tell me I didn't fucking remember them, I remembered them just fine and I wanted them to fuck off. Horrible experience, I would never have managed to get even halfway though the game had I not muted its shitty music and played something actually good.

You take that back fucker

Also Doom music sounds like fucking diarrhea. Fuck you cunts.

Numetal can be chaotic. Technically it's probably industrial metal because of the electronic sounds, yes, but I was talking about the metal parts.
It sounds a lot like Lamb of God, which is groove metal, which in turn is closely related to thrash and numetal.

That's like my most hated track in the whole game. I'm glad Capcom ditched that shitty style in SFV.

Really? I only remember bad music if it's programmed to have an obnoxious but catchy melody, like shitty radio pop songs. I don't think Doom's music is very catchy, nor I think it's supposed to.

it's shit

I'm so glad we're moving away from bland gay shit like that which sounds like typical corporate niggerdance music.

Numetal is radio-friendly garbage. Shoulda been Gnaw Their Tongues

???

That's because you have a shit memory, low testosterone will do that to you. Please for the love of god just stop eating so much soy and flax, even if you happen to be a vegan and can't shovel 4 10oz steaks into your mouth there are better ways to get omega 3's and protein.

Also stop letting black men fuck your wife, consider becoming a certified nigger killer. You might lose your job and all your normalfag friends because of it but, Its the only way to redeem yourself.

That theme sounds exactly like the run of the mill corporate faux-dance music they used in commercials and in actual music from that time. Also, as I waited for the video to load and read in the description, "The main theme from street fighter 4," I realized then and there that despite the hours I've put into SF4 and its updates over the years, I couldn't remember what the "main theme from sf4" sounded like. It's that bland, it's that forgettable, and it's because it was made to be that way. It's generic trash that could be used in a tv commercial for shitty beer featuring dancing niggers and trash or something and no one would know the difference.

I'm fine not remembering shitty music.

Yeah exactly. It's really fucking bad.

They should have just remade the first fucking game.

I can hear the groove metal influence, but not numetal, and there's a lot more things going on in Doom's music than just the groove metal. Regardless, it's experimental metal meets industrial, dark ambient, noise, and co.

Why would anyone want to download such a terrible excuse for music?

Fuck you I liked it

Metal is shit. Get a better taste.

Embed related is much better.

I'd rather remember shitty music than be a numale cuck with poor memory and concentration due to low testosterone.

Gonna need citations for that.

I'm sorry but are you unaware of the fact that we are on this one place called THE INTERNET, where you can use Google and other search engines to look up stuff yourself instead of begging to be spoon-fed like a 4 month year old?

I downloaded the nuDOOM demo to see how it ran on my laptop, and I actually kinda like it.

It's been cracked already, right? Is there a link in the share threads?

I'm not telling you to spoon feed me, I'm telling you to back up the shit you say. I did a quick googling but found nothing on concentration.

Its generally accepted in acadamia and has been for quite some time that you don't need to cite sources for information that is common knowledge and I think that should easily extend into the internet because you can just look shit up yourself.

Sorry if we were talking about something that wasn't common knowledge I'd give you sources but honestly, this is something that can be easily confirmed with a simple Google source and your unwillingness to do so indicates that you are lazy and wouldn't even bother to look at any sources I threw your way.

It's also generally accepted in academia that the burden of proof is on the person making the claim in the first place. I can't say the Earth is flat and then be like "lol google it u retard". That doesn't make any sense.
If it's so easy to find then you could have simply posted the sources instead of writing that reply that spans two paragraphs. You're either bullshitting me or you're really really projecting with that "lazyness" thing.

predb.me/?search=doom&cats=games

Because Sonic Mayhem was playing it with Mick Gordon, but i don't know what the fuck went wrong with his equipment.

I like Mastermind. It's so jumpy and cute

That cover reminds me of Testament's last album.

Zenimax shill squad has been recently very active when it comes to this garbage. What's wrong, over 1mil sales not enough for this amazing AAA title?

fuck off, faggot. you don't even want to discuss video games. you just come in and (1) and done with your retarded charts.
you are the reason why people have been leaving.

Zenimax shills have been leaving?
THE FUCKING HORROR
Don't worry, they'll be back to tell you how amazing the nuPray is.

Barneyfag? x86x2? Lee Goldson is that you? I'm pretty sure that's you, you spam your autistic charts and have an account on Doomworld.

doomworld.com/vb/members/Revved/

seems like a bit of a leap

I don't think you even know what charts are.

Infographs, autistically screencapped text, whatever.

I'm still not buying this

Did that guy hurt your butt that much? Wanna tell us about it?

No, I just find it hilarious if it's really you.

This is precisely me. How did you find out?
You sure you're not on the spectrum yourself, chromosome hoarder?

AAA releases get a 2-3 year protection program. This applies to movies too. Remember how long it took before Holla Forums could have a comfy shit-on thread having to do with Skyrim, The Last of Us, and other overrated titles? AAA games are meant to have lasting power but they don't have that power by their own merits anymore.

Has its moments, but not enough melodic elements. I would've preferred having some strings there once in a while. Often found that there's too much buzz-noise and banging in the combat themes. They masked any gameplay-relevant sounds, making it so that lot of the enemies could just throw fireballs or fuck my ass from behind without me noticing. It was made especially bad by the randomly teleporting enemies.

It all sounded a bit too samey, mostly due in part of the instrumentation largely consisting of just distorted riffs and other distorted noise
That may not be the case if you listen to the songs on their own, but I can't even remember what song plays where in the game, the essence and feel behind each song is just too identical. If you heard one combat song in the soundtrack, you've heard all of them.
It works fine as background noise for intense situations (doesn't really mesh well with the present sound design of nuDOOM as whatevermetal tends to mask enemy sounds very often, however), but I would have loved to see some more variety

forgot to add

embed related is whatever nuDoom's soundtrack tried to do right

You've got a thread on /cow/ dude.

its cheesy fun on the same level as the MGR soundtrack djent is

I find it weird that a lot of that audience cheering would probably say djent and death metal suck or are just "noise".

I don't like it. It has no rhythm at all, terrible for "fast-paced twitch-gameplay" it's supposed to accompany.

Zenimax/Bethesda could've hired someone good like Brut, Pert or Viklund if they wanted a modern alternative of thrash metal soundtrack, but they didn't. Result is incredibly mediocre.

I agree soundtrack doesn't really lend well to the game, instead only further showcases it's flaws.

The original Doom was fun because the constant visceral action.

NuDoom had a little bit of action usually contained in an arena like setting, no tension or surprise. The music was all but to further indicate how lazy it all was. A damn shame too, could tell there were some honest points where they were trying to get something close in terms of the original game's pace.

In the end game fell flat, really flat. The initial reaction of it being slow were just as valid as when it was first showcased.

probably because the nudoom version of the track is composed of toilet sounds

This industry is so fucking stupid. They could've played it on a vuvuzela and still won.

Also DOOT.

Because he wasn't friends with Todd Howard in high school, duh.

How about fuck DooM's OST and listen to a better one instead.

nice tumblr reaction gif

Does it invalidate my point?

there is no point, you just stated that user's opinion was bait for some reason.

You say "I like Death Grips" like it's some sort of statement about your ability to tolerate shit music or something

So now there's a guy (i.e. you) trying to out-barneyfag Barneyfag. Wow.

People who dismissed Magma with the argument that it "doesn't sound like them" are just disappointed that it wasn't another L'Enfant Sauvage.

That is one hell of a gay live show

Love the second video, appart from the synth it just fits.

Plus the guitarist has an eight string Mayonnes, he's a fucking nerd.

Hey, I got all those resource from /cow/.

Magma, the itallian prog band with lots of choir? What does it have to do with them?

It's the Polivoks synth, my favorite part of the Doom soundtrack, I don't get how anyone could hate that. Sure the keyboardist is a noob and the setup could bea lot better, but it's a good synth to begin with.

pls

It sounds like electronic fart noises, but not the good ones like FM OPL.

It sounds like a shitty NIN ripoff.

They've had shit albums, yeah, but they've made way better stuff than the NuDoom soundtrack.

Its drop F NuMetal Deathcore wigger shit. Sounds like tin cans and fart noises. They should have gone faster, so fast, too fast, faster all the time.
The fact that you have a webm of this is disgusting.

He's basically a hack, and in some interviews he demonstrates exactly how much of a hack he is.

You inspired me to get back to working on my FPS engine and to make something fast as fuck user, thanks.

Fucking trash nu metal shit with out of tune synths.

I'll take stolen Alice in Chains songs over trash original music made by talentless cucks any day

This is the same composer who did some of the tracks for Killer Instinct, which has one of the best soundtracks in recent memory.
The song has an identical style from the Cinder and Fulgore themes for sure though, which were probably the best tracks from KI.

It was hit and miss. There were good songs like Rip and Tear, Skullhacker and BFG Division but the electronic sounds were shit.

Some of the heavier stuff during encounters was fucking awesome though. Made me want to rip and tear guts

its fantastic, one of the best soundtracks in recent years and actually one that genuinely impacts the gameplay experience rather than underscoring it (most games use the 'big' tracks in cutscenes, non playing moments eg walking into a special area and looking at stuff etc.). industrial djent i guess, pretty fkn good

that said, the live performance was garbage

AiC fits the tone of Doom surprisingly well, especially the Dirt album. It has an underlying sense of dread while keeping the drums complex enough so that it doesn't feel weird when you're slaughtering everything on the map.

Sounds like shit, soundtrack should've been Industrial Metal a-la Godflesh but more faster. Fits both the electronic and brutal aspects that NuDoom pushed, and when there's no action going on, use dark ambient/drone metal shit in the background for variety and deepen the atmosphere. But instead we got Nu Metal with Dubstep noises with some mediocre Djent influences inserted into there with boring background music when there's no shooting.

The main theme is ok, then the rest is just noise.

Kill yourself.

Jesus what a moron, menshormonalhealth.com/low-testosterone-symptoms.html
Are you happy now you fucking idiot? I literally just typed in symptoms of low testosterone in men, that was all it took, and you couldn't even accomplish that. You are truly an abysmally low testosterone numale cuck with an IQ in the double digits.

I haven't heard all of it, but what I have heard sounds like a dubstep faggot tried to make something spoopy with as little effort as possible.

It isn't.

Yes, it is. Fucking idiot.

That's pretty generic ambiance all things considered, with the typical nuDoom sounds thrown in

It doesn't really come close to the more suspenseful tracks of Doom 1

or anything in Quake 1, nearly all the tracks here are ambient yet they do manage to stand out from eachother

or anything in Doom 64/PSX, really

also Unreal too

system shock 2 nailed it too outside of the misplaced thumping techno songs

Not really ambiance.

I really see no difference in quality to nuDoom's stuff. You sure you ain't being a bit biased?

Go bite a bullet, pleb.

Yes, and?

I'm not sure what you mean by quality unless you're talking about production quality. My problem with most of the ambient tracks in nuDoom is that they don't go anywhere and are mostly interchangeable. Ambient tracks are supposed to reinforce a certain atmosphere whereas in nuDoom this atmosphere remains the same over the course of the game, which is reflected in the soundtrack. The only difference is that Hell levels have choirs. The one you listed might be the only exception to that in the soundtrack considering it does evoke some rising tension and does stand out on its own.

Like I said before, the repetition of nuDoom's soundtrack is what bit me the most, some more variety wouldn't have killed it. As the soundtrack doesn't really rely on melody nor does it really change its beat or instrumentation. It reminds me of how whenever I think up a song I tend to stay in the same octave, and this seems to be largely the case in nuDoom too. My experiences with the game being that of boredom rather than being immersed in the expertly crafted devastated UAC base and its droning industrial ambient noise. A lack of variety in nuDoom wasn't a problem unique to the soundtrack. Stuff like BFG Division and Rip and Tear, yeah they're cool and aggressive, but functionally the same. Like interchangeable combat ambiance if that makes sense, because it sure as hell isn't trying to be memorable. If you replay a game and re-enter a certain level or place where an ambient song starts playing, you should be able to remember that feeling, not necessarily that song in particular.

Why the hell nuDoom even bothered with any ambiance is beyond me, it only ended up killing the pacing as it is no F.E.A.R.

Read my post again. Having MedSci 1 play on top of Dr. Polito talking to you on top of XERXES talking to you ON TOP OF The Many shouting at you is a goddamn confusing experience, especially when MedSci 1 is more intense than the situation where it plays actually is, unlike when Command 2 starts playing during the Many ambush.

I think I am setsuna deserved to win that category.

I think it's good. It's the music that the DOOM GUY was probably hearing/feeling. DOOM 1995's music was the music of the levels rather than what was happening.

youtube-dl --extract-audio --audio format mp3 URL the nuDoom OST, play it w/ DOOM 1995 & mods like Project Brutality. Best of both worlds.

youtube-dl --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 youtube.com/watch?v=FQwArzZr-ks&list=PLtL8q5uuc-6eDA9kmzIWvjzq2sXaLhaN9

I havent played nuDOOM but i did recognize a few moments of Quake 2 in the music. In overall it felt like those people who rearranges doom music, but not actually doom. Like an homage to the real deal.

Furi should have won a soundtrack award. Prove me wrong.

I don't see citations to serious studies in the page, it only lists symptoms and that's it.
I sure appreciate all your butthurt though.

I can agree with this.
BFG Division is baller as shit, but I didn't particularly care for the rest of the soundtrack.

Not relevant, this is common knowlegdge, it dosen't warrant citations to serious studies, I cited a source that relayed this common knowledge which you claimed to be so elusive that you could not find it….

The source served its purpose well enough, you just aren't willing to admit that you lost the argument long ago.

Try listening to the Quake soundtrack. The one you embedded is alright though, other than the second half. It feels like it's missing something.

True, it's more like ambient music that's music first.