Any of you faggots playing the new PoE update?

=Patch 2.5.0 - New Leagues

There are like these demon hands that you get near and they open up large areas where a bunch of bleedy/chaos mobs start spawning. The monsters that spawn seem to have a much higher chance to drop items in general which should be great for mapping.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/kinemortobestmorto
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Titucius'_Span
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh I'm laffin

G R I M D A W N
R
I
M

D
A
W
N

twitch.tv/kinemortobestmorto

I've got an overlay setup using a camera under my desk with my nutz pushed together to look like cleavage (right up your alley) and I've made 3k+ in donations already.

Going witch because they are squishy and it gives me an excuse to stop playing when it dies.

That was the plan, but then I found it more cost effective to replace them with touch-screen waifus.

so how the fuck do i play this game? It seems like a free to play diablo clone, but then everyone says I need to follow all these complicated builds like this is a moba or some shit. Can I just play and figure it out or should I try to follow a build like everyone says?

No matter what you do you are going to fuck up your first character. Its basically what people wanted out of D3 as it has quite a few options(if you have looked at the skill tree yet).

You can follow builds, but people usually just post builds to flex their nuts/rare items then act like its weird other people don't have those items. Its a rather complicated game, but rather well designed. My favorite part is the end game/currency system. There is no "gold" you just get items that apply suffixes/prefixes to other items or apply a different effect. Then there is a "map system" at the end of the game where you use these items to put random modifiers on items called "maps" maps are basically randomized dungeons. The levels themselves can be "rolled" to tailor them to your preference and up the difficulty level.

Gems go in sockets, linked sockets and gems create new spells from the linked gems.

Don't forget to click.

Unless they changed it, respeccing is practically impossible. Every single point on the giant, complex skill tree costs a rare item to remove. If you want to end up with a viable character, you have to follow a build.

The ladders are usually reset every 3 months or so and its tied to content updates. Then for that 3 months the ladders have a gimmick in them that changes how the game is played. If the gimmick turns out to be a fun mechanic they add it to the core game.

This time there are some kind of portal things. I don't know how they work exactly, but I am sure they are ultra rippy in the end game.

You get 16 free respec points just by completing simple quests in the game though in each difficulty.

I kinda hate how EZ mode blade flurry is, but I'm making a silly "die to every reflect" crit-lightning raider. I have never felt as OP as this while leveling in a new league. Sure, sure, absolutely impossible to make it HC viable, but it was the most appealing thing to me.

BV pathfinder is probably going to be the filthiest shit still anyway, even with the attempted gutting. At a certain point, the feature of only having to "attack" every now and again in between zooming around maps will always trump the inputs required even with off-screen reaching BF.

I haven't played since they added that one. Is it good? What does your build look like?

I can never really enjoy these types of games. Like I don't recall ever being fond of Diablo to play it more than 15 minutes at a time and path of exile and Grim Dawn I didn't even bother playing past the second and third quest, respectively. Am I playing them wrong or are they just not for me?

I didn't really go into this witch with a plan, but there are some interesting unique skill-tree-gems that interact with fireball and you can stack them. Gives them like a "Farshot" type of thing iirc.

If you didn't like Diablo/Diablo 2 then you won't like this game. Some people just don't like hack-n-slash / ARPGs whatever you want to call them.

If you like Diablo though and were pissed off about D3, this is a game you should definitely play. D2 has nostalgia value and it created the genre, but I dare say PoE is better than D2 now. Plus its still being developed and they push new content at least 4 times a year.

Blade Flurry is insane. It "channels" an attack to do an AoE melee strike at a distance and charges a bonus instant attack for each channel you complete up to 6. It has a huge AtkSpd mod and MORE damage for each stack, so you charge to 6 and unload your flurrious cum. The build I'm doing is just frenzy node IR raider-ranger with a few dips into elemental damage on weapon, crit, and lightning damage while crawling across the tree to pick up some AoE nodes and EE. Most of the damage scaling is in a few crit or ele dmg clusters and the gems you put on flurry. I plan to use vortex and lightning trap to enable shock and the hypothermia MORE for chill. The basic idea works with a bunch of different classes/ascendancies, as well as life or CI. It's just pretty much guaranteed RIP to every reflect though. If the calculator I was using was correct, the build boils down to rolling a slot machine of 6 attacks which range from 10K to 1M lightning damage. Hyaon's Fury takes that range up to 1.7M, but 27% increased damage taken would be absurd. Of course, that's all talking GG gear. Modest gearing will be dropping 200-400K bombs with a .11s attack timer, thus having 6 attacks in .7s that scale up to a 1M DPS form and then release 6 of those attacks instantly.

Sounds good for farming like Atziri or something though right?

I was thinking about rolling a ranger because I picked up this little toy in A4 normal.

What about the melee-totem gem? Couldn't you use that for reflects? They aren't an aura like they were back in the day, you could even keep it on your swap. I think it buffs you with AS too so it might be worth using with the build since you are attacking so quickly.

Something like that, Eurobeat my way through maps at 9xfrenzy charge, double-effect onslaught raider FAST and then roll the slots on the boss.

Bladeflurry elemental is so bullshit. I haven't been pushing hard today, so I'm just in Act4 Normal right now. However, I never had the experience of leveling, even in twinked out second gen leveling, where I kill the bird in the aquaducts before it does its first fly rotation. Just now, I killed one of the 3 arena sub-bosses by charging to 6 and the 6 stack unleash one-shot another one of them. First stage BF auto attacks chunked the last one down to bits. Daresso was "difficult" because each release chunked him into his inv phase so I'd waste my mana trying to gauge when I could hit him again. This is going to probably end up being the most bullshit leveling skill of all time too.

Those are their own skills, whereas this build is based on blade flurry. Totems are certainly the sane option, and they got huge buffs while already being really reliable. Actually, it might be pretty amusing to do a totem version of the build in order to completely eschew defense and scale its crit potential as hard as possible. Using Hyaon's and other top end gear, it would probably be swinging 2-3 million top end with the option of getting a second. Ancestral protector might be a better option for the higher attack speed though, as part of what makes blade flurry so crazy is the concept of it both being a huge attack speed booster and granting bonus instant attacks. If any mob out there gets coded to use BF, it will make specter builds #1 in an instant. Some things out there use blade vortex, right? I'm sure I've seen it. A specter build based on those should be really broken in theory I'd think.

I don't play softcore, but if I did. I would get 0 defenses and just kill entire screens all day long.

Number 3 just ripped.
I see Raiz is number 2 right now. He always stays up way too late the first night and rips his first character. It happens every league. I kind of want to laugh at that when it comes.

melees have the same fucking tree every single time

give me some build ideas with early level skills, what should i do?

What do you like to play in ARPGS?

what do I gotta do to be a witch with tons of summons that's viable and fun?

shit fam, i've already played lot of builds in poe, something for hardcore, any character/skill,

They buffed summon skeletons quite substantially I think.

summoner is the cheapest shit man, just get zombies and some summon skeleton totems

I usually play HC style safe builds, but I had so little fun doing that last league that I can't restrain myself from this. I don't care if I have to stoop to using CoD portal, this is fucking happening.

Frost blades with a rapier and all the +range possible to push the melee range buff to the limit. Probably needs a single target supplement if some kinda gimmick isn't involved. Deadeye for projectile return? Wait, would that allow projectiles to rebound onto the main target?

I usually fuck around with a scion when they release a new patch but I never get too far into the last difficulty. It's fun but a sustained playthrough requires too much effort for me I guess. Act 4 was cool.

SRS totems, skele-traps

I was thinking some kind of build where you use them to apply chaos damage. They only get the damage penalty to elemental types.

I like this meme

My APM is too sick for this casual shit lel

care to explain how breach works?

Did you play the 1Month "All Mods" league before Act 4 was released? That is kind of what the breaches remind me of. Mainly in the sense of that there is a ton of graphical clutter going on in addition to the fact that they are starting to get deadly. There are rares mixed in and they are spreading shocked ground and stuff.

Spooky hands are poking outta da dirt, give them gits a tug and reveal a hidden world of enemies. I think they stay open longer, or at least only reach max size, as you kill more shit. There are some more hand bros that you can give a fiver to in exchange for loot, and supposedly there are chests too. Some of that shit you can see in a near-invisible ethereal form before you pull on the spooky hand.

The map versions are just slaughterfests straight out of the D3 rifts. Kill to pump a timer that ends the map.

Oh, and there are some league specific uniques that have upgrades based on rubbing together the korean pixie dust you get from spooky hand land.

Its a hand raising up from the ground. When you get close a giant ring, 2-3 screens in size starts growing. It opens a "breach" to what I am guessing is supposed to be some kind of parallel dimension and hordes of chaos/bleedy/shocky mobs start spawning. There are like 35 league uniques associated with the breeches. There are also collectable currency items that are dropping that I assume are used to summon unique bosses similar to beyond.

Aw shit, first poe thread I see that doesn't immediatly go to shit, nice.
Anyway I'm doing an assassin vaal burning arrow with reach of the council/death's opus and signal fire, if that doesn't work out I'll respec into a generic poison barrage and farm for another meme build.

First time I've ever even seen an empower drop, and I've got a regal. Spooky hand molestation is the best.

Yea, the white item drops are insane.

Too short, no new content ever. Poe has more builds options(less viable ones). Its really sad. If poe was viable to play alone it would be a better game.

You bay for new interface features in poe.

That used to not be the case, then they started balancing the game based on streamers and they started balancing the tree symmetrically when it came to pathing. There are no more shortcuts, everything is the same distance from everything else. You don't get better pathing options if you go through sword nodes as duelist is an example.

What are they? I haven't noticed yet.

jesus christ it just gets worse

that sounds exactly like what you do in PoE

Currency stash, essence stash, and stash tabs in general. Even convenient trading is premium feature, even after they admit that trading system is fucked.
also buy, but whatever.

Oh, I normally don't trade. The game kind of sucks when you just liquidate your findings into whatever you need.

RIP :(

For some reason I wasn't able to hit my Quicksilver + Bleed and my Resistance + Armour flasks. I don't know why they didn't go off. That is exactly what my fingers are programmed to do. Oh well.

Anyone want to roll a HC character?

GGG confirmed for clueless
Time to play
PATH OF FUCKING FLAMETOTEMS

They're absolute dog shit, zombies' and spectres' level is based on the mob they were raised from, they scale down to lower level areas but they don't scale up to higher level ones. Also, if your spectres die you have to go find some flame sentinels again, of a very high level, preferably.
Don't play summoner, it's misery.

Oh, and I forgot
Ancient hebrew shekel magic, I tell you

shite, negro, what art thou doing? Fire storm is one of the most awkward spells there are and the witch doesn't have enough life on tree. My crit ball lightning blood magic inquisitor had huge problems with not leeching and ele reflect.

Just go play a facebook farmville clone, fucking raging faggots.

Get off my board.

the armour bug is greatly exaggerated, mostly by retards on reddit, because it only affect a single unique item, not all armour, this one
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Titucius'_Span
decoy totems were trivializing most content, but they're much tankier now with 0 investment.
RIP Wormblaster yeah, fuck GGG.
And why the fuck did they nerf mjolner, only cospri's malice needed a nerf, yeah I agree to these points, flame totem sucks for leveling though.
Yeah, if you ever disconnect, which happens to me often, you lose all your minions, at least GGG claimed they were FINALLY working on something for spectres.

I had just switched the totem off because I had just hit merciless and needed to swap a piece for resistance. Kind of went into that character without a plan so I just made a generic fire damage build.

Really? I've read that the item being in the game broke armor everywhere. It seems projectiles just deal way too fucking much damage unless you stack fucktons of armor, then.

discharge needs to be taken behind the shed and shot

Playing Life based Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster, going dual curse and deciding if investing the time to go tri-curse is worth it without a cosrpri's/herectics veil
I have been playing a lot of DoT builds lately I finished a Dreeg's build in grim Dawn and I went into poe for something similar
I may also try that poison sword(?) for minions in a build later, poison zombies or skeletons(lol skelentons on poe) sounds pretty neat

for what reason? you're trickster ffs you get a lot of free es, is it because of the cospris? use a consuming dark, or actually dont, fuck poison, just get a Decay weapon, it's much better than having poison and doesnt force you to use a chest without life/es or a shitty weapon.

Not going for 5 totem templar with firestorm, increased duration and spell echo to laugh at plebs in pub groups.
Do you even PoE?

And go ES on a leaue starter build? I rather not mate, life based should be enough to farm me the currency to try something fancier later, what I have learned is that your first build on a new league should be a currency creator rather than a sink, that's why I'm still on the fence on the cospri's

Agreed, I like to stay away from ES chars because they're easy to fuck up.
Sure, you can push your shit way higher with a good ES character (Whispering ice elementalist is pretty cool) but if you don't know exactly what you're doing you might find yourself facing many resurrect screens, and not only because of the usual unlucky crit oneshots or Haast, but because of something going wrong in the whole ES leech calculation.
Templar and Marauder are the most noob friendly, and thus least frustrating characters for people who don't like copying builds from the internet.

Yeah ES builds are easy to fuck up but that's not my main reason, right now everybody and their grandma is going chaos innoculation because of how effective is having a 10k+ life pool, so prices are at an all time high, also since league just started to go and become so gear dependent is just asking to suffer, besides I don't really fret about that If I really want/need to go CI I can easily respect into that with my free respec points.

I was only really interested in playing this for the necromancy/summoning builds, are they still viable to playthrough without trading or do you need to follow a guide and trade to use them?

Summoning builds tend to be pretty unpopular so you can pick up summoning uniques for almost nothing.

They are viable, they just get kind of annoying at the end game. They are very powerful and cheap though.

I'm playing ES based ED Trickster. Only things that have killed me so far is 1 frozen lockbox and breaches. Breaches in normal were doable, but cruel onwards have been stunfests. Next build I make needs to be tankier vs many foes and able to kill them asap.

I can't stand shadow for that reason.
You used to be able to cws + decoy totem and use it to your advantage, but they nerfed that when they released act 4.

honestly i just started playing it, watched a youtube video on a blade fury build and was completely bored with the gameplay,

I didn't push higher maps mostly because of time but there is a skelliemancer build that's quite fun, just check the forums, it uses the queen's escape fated unique
also you can always try a classic srs summoner or specter

yeah freeze/stun is going to fuck you in the ass if you don't account for them , freeze it's easy, just get a flask, but stun is going to be a pain, I think there's a unique flask? but you are going to need something,
And yeah breaches just seem to get exponentially harder, I was insta-gibbed when three rare electric spiders spawned the lighitning ball on top of me at he same time

Yea the electric spiders are the ones that get you. The ball has shocked ground under it I think too. Something in that "type" of pack is putting down shocked ground. You can't tell though because there is so much visual clutter.

At this point I think that they're doing this just to fuck with HC players (and that's hilarious)
Yeah the viasual clutter it's starting to get really extreme lately, still manageable but they better tone it down

Does the game have an offline function yet? If not then into the trash it goes

They fixed desync if that is what you are worried about.

No and I highly doubt they ever will, I've honestly grown to like this f2p system, frequent updates and expansions for free as opposed to a single b2p offline game, with rare updates, and a couple of expansions throughout its lifetime.
I wish I had a better, more stable connection though.

You redditors are always shilling this shallow garbage. It looks like trash, with visual noise everywhere. The skills are underwhelming (one of the top level skills just places shitty particle effects, that you already see constantly, on top of your model and increase your numbers) trash tied to 4 passives skills. Has 5 damage types and numbers all over the place that means fuck all because the end result is stack 1 or 2 damage types and your build just werks because nothing you do fucking matters outside of that. It has a dot for every damage type (which are identical) which are all identical, the only difference is the graphical trash. This game is Diablo for autistic babies who want to fill up their screen with trash particle effects.

Diablo 2 blows this shit game out of the water in ever single aspect. Those fucks couldn't even be bother get give this shit monsters death animations. Diablo 2 was made 16 years ago. Grim Dawn was kickstarted (received about double their goal), went into early access, and still managed to be dog shit.

Trying to bait this hard here's to (You)

He has a point though. If I hadn't pirated grim-dawn I would have been pissed.

That's an "endgame" area with a summoner player vs a beyond boss that also summons shit and creates huge explosion circles, there's very little visual noise in that if you actually play the game. I'm not saying there isn't any, though, this new league brought on a whole new level of visual aids, breaches look fucking terrible, there's this awful filter wherever they are, and the breach mobs have really color saturated skills.

I think its because the shader on the breach itself pulls saturation out of the area that they look so oversaturated.

So uh, vaal ethereal fling is pretty good for the breaches. Leave behind clusters of blades with LMP/GMP so you can DPS multiple areas.

Just traded 5 trash uniques for wyrmsign (still trashy), so I'm running a bit of rampage. I think the HP on these fucks might be a bit overtuned, at least as far as pre-maps.

im guessing you mean vaal spectral throw?

Yeah, vaal ghostly pitch

no, no, that's vaal spooky toss

Also, since putting on these rampage gloves, it hasn't given me a single handjob to test it on. Fucking teasing bitch.

I'm not going to reinstall the game to make a point. Also, I never mentioned path of exile at all. I don't care if it's better or worse, grim dawn is a shit game.

Notice that the enemies don't have death animations (Diablo 2 did). Instead, they just ragdoll. When are they ragdolled with any force, they fly like they are on the fucking moon.

The game gives you stat points to upgrade exactly 2 attributes. There's an entire skills web dedicated to using points you find in the game. Those skills are all percentage procs. This shit game doesn't even allow skeleton armies or 8 players.