Making an actual good Jojo Video Game

Say you were to design a video game based on the Jojo series, what direction would you take?

Which arc would you favor?
Which game company do you think has the skill to pull your dream off?

Play Heritage to the Future, again

HFTF but with evey character from every part.

/thread

Include the cast of EoH in HttF and you have a masterpiece.

We have a jojo thread up, go there.

this tbh

Honestly, I would be content with making a hybrid RPG/fighting game similar to Xenoverse. Would prefer to favor Part 4 but I wouldn't force players to pick the main characters from the series. I like the idea of taking a psychological profile quiz akin to 7th Stand User which defines what kind of Stand you get. And then you make your own character or and improve your character throughout the game for storyline reasons. Maybe even let you pick who you want to side with instead of being forced to side with the good guys. I think you would be regulated into classes like close-range stands, long-range stands, automatic stands and bound stands etc. Of course, the game would be just a freeroam Morioh but I really don't want to just focus on the fighting.

If it gets popular, then an attempt on other parts could be done. It won't happen though.

tbh just a naruto ultimate ninja storm ripoff would be perfect

Jojo's Bizarre Musou.

id make an jojo undressing game with every other character other than johnny be dlc for $5
including those characters you only see for like 2 panels
tonio and iggy will cost $10

You cant really side with kira, though, at much you would help his father.

you side with kira

Maybe something like yakuza in morioh.

Literal meme anime

Why did Kars have such a love for puppies and flowers (eg nature) but a resilient grudge against humans in general?

Like okay they tried to kill you in prehistory and you wasted them get over it

The people that tried to kill him where the other pillarmen, and he considers humanity to be parasitary, unlike the rest of the animal kingdom.

He didn't hate humans in general. They were food. They were below his notice. The only humans he hates are those that dare to make a nuisance out of themselves.

Life is a meme, user.

Make Steel Ball Run into a racing game/ Action/adventure.

For JoJolion I'll will just have it as mostly solving weird shit around the town. Try to make Morioh the star of the game.

Maybe include as many references to part 4 as subtlety as possible.

Rerelease ASB but add Stroheim this time

you can emulate sbr already
name your 4 characters in oregon trail after them
except instead of racing and being a cripple its wagons and shitting yourself to death

Just take the Part 5 game and set it across all eight parts.

Hmm, must be the work of an enemy stand.

i mean if johnny cant feel below his waist isn't it assumed he has no bowel control anyways?
how many times did gyro change his shitty diaper for him

Undertale, basically.
Stand-based JoJo is all about the willpower of the combatants. Undertale did pretty good interpretation of it. Basic fun hybrid of turn-based decisions mixed with bullet-dodging to determine the success while flavor-text and character portraits gave the narrative.

Mugen is getting there. Autists from all over the world keep making characters from all over the series.

Speaking as a musoufag, I really don't think a jojo musou would work without some heavy tweaks to the formula. You can justify the peons with a villain's Stand being a full-scale Bad Company, but you really can't have boss fights without getting up close and personal. Something like Hyrule Warrior's giant bosses, but for every officer, which would be much rarer because generic officers would be a travesty.

I would make a part 7 game based on what Rare wanted Donkey Kong Racing to be. Pocoloco would have the same english voice actor as Funky Kong's did in Mario Kart Wii.

RPG + 2D Fightan hybrid based on part 4. You'd run around a top-down, grid-based version of Morioh and re-enact famous scenes from the manga, interact with townsfolk, explore the town on your own. For random battles you'd get an actual 2D fightan system based on Heritage to the Future but streamlined with KoF's 3-man teams. Winning battles would earn up XP, and levelling up characters would unlock new special and super moves.

tfw no fightan RPG

**When is Woolie and pat going to make their own thing. Fucking mat and liam are pure cancer.

I watched Twin Peaks recently for the first time, and I noticed how similar it is to DiU.

Especially Bites the Dust Kosaku, with the hair and behavior change, mimicks the killer in that series almost to a T.

Watch Twin Peaks. If you like Jojo, chances are you'll also like it

this, tbh
EoH/every other Bandai franchise is following that "excuse to get all characters in the same story" shit but they really should have tried for JoJo with the character customization etc. RPG

You cannot make a good JoJo game. It simply does not translate to the medium. It does not work, it does not function.

How about an entire cast of Diavolo.
That way you won't even have to play the game.
:^)

sage for off topic, but there is gonna be more twin peaks next year
Frost and Lynch are both working on it.
Guess we finally get to see them again after 25 years. Meanwhile.

Remember the killer squirrel hand

like skyrim with stands

I'm really excited. It's a full series too, I wasn't expecting Lynch to go back to it at all.
I do want it to be popular again, I haven't seen people talking about it since the announcement.

So, ASB?

So you haven't played ASB?

It's the successor, and you know it.

yes
likely
no
and i have the experience to tell this

I know nothing of fighting games, whats so good about HFTF?

It's a 2D fighting game like Marvel Versus Capcom, it's not very well balanced but it's still really good. ASB is a 3D fighter like Tekken, you can dodge up or down and such, and that's not a bad thing, but the game isn't balanced well at all and the netcode is really bad. Cyberconnect2 makes good fanservice games but in terms of a fighting game it's just not as good as HftF.

Well for Part 1 and 2 you could use zombies and vampires for the mooks. For the other parts I'm not sure. What other stands would make good mooks, Harvest, Scary Monsters, Autumn Leaves, Tubular Bells, Tattoo You, Judgement, Death 13 maybe, Ratt maybe, Limp Bizkit, Bohemian Rhapsody, you could have non boss version of D4C where you fought hundreds of Valentines…
You're probably right though that it would have to be a modified version of a musou focused more on boss battles.
What made me think of a musou style JoJo game is Alena in DQ Heroes. She plays just like how I would imagine any of the Jojo's would. DIO too.

It wouldn't work as anything but a VN or adventure game. Manga superpowers are abstract in general and are very much bullshit in their applications.

So far I've been using the models from eyes of heaven. What characters would you all want to see first

Joseph and Caesar, with special intros.
Also, MORE STEEL BALL RUN CHARACTERS, JOHNNY, GYRO, FUNNY AND DIEGO ARENT ENOUGH.

I guess Caesar could be a clone of young Joseph. I didn't plan on making new movesets and animations. I wanted to at least add the ones cut from heritage like Kars and such

Doesn't matter if you think it's good, when it's the successor.

Give the licence to ARC system works,Guilty gear level of detail for a JoJo game would be phenomenal to play.

That's like some kind of creative incest, both series being obsessed with music references (especially Queen) and absurd powers.

Bumping with OC

Somewhat related, but someone translated one of the Part 4 drama CDs.

co-op, but not a shitty one like EoH

Single player fighting, almost entirely boss-fights, and everyone is goddamn OP. Also, split-screen co-op versus mode for shits

>Jotaro's gimped da wurldo actually freezes the other player for two seconds
>just a yacht stand is a playable stage

yeah, no balance whatsoever. Balance is for the weak. Fuck it.

nevermind, I just realized no one would play cheap trick

weren't arcsys interested in making a fightan game about a mystery manga/anime series they wouldn't reveal yet?

You have to be more creative user
People will love it trust me.
And just wait until they discover the convoluted sequence that glitchs the ability and makes it kill someone else

That's fucking stupid.

Eyes of heaven had the right idea with it's open maps, the fighting system could do with some serious improvements though. I feel like if eoh had a large number of player controlled environmental moves you'd reall get a sence of the whacky creativity that the charecters would need.

Or just hftf again, that'd be nice

Or he could just be a joke character, and nothing else.

Just make every sentient character playable. From Kars to Arabia Fats. Anything lesser than that is Jewry.

I thought you were baiting, but the more I thought about it the better of an idea it seems.

I'd play the shit out of that mostly because I loved Undertale

Making perfect Jojo game is very easy.

You take God Hand and you make it into a JoJo game. That's it. God Hand itself is already JoJo as fuck.

Game exclusive stands, inlcuding Requiem versions of the stands form other parts

Make a game like Heritage for the Future but set on part 4 (for example). Then make a game for part 5 and so on. Finish it with an "All Star Battle" With the best characters from each part.

It would have to be an adventure game.
Specifically a point and click like the old lucasarts ones.
Hell, it already operates on that kind of logic anyway.

You mean something like Super Ninja Boy?

Didn't they pretty much already do that when they made the Persona game?

If OP isn't a faggot, someone will be.

I want a God Hand-like based game on Chapter 1.

Who?

Fucking hell I haven't seen anyone use that meme in years.
I can't tell if you're a newfag that genuinely finds it funny, or if you're using it ironically, or if you're trying to be retro.