TES/Morrowind/Skyrim thread

Holy shit, i don't know how i'l be surviving this. I don't know should i install frostfall with this shit to completely kill myself for shits and giggles. I'l never have the opportunity to save even fucking once that way.

Week old interview with Todd Howard:
archive.is/41r2B

Other urls found in this thread:

tesgeneral.com/waifu
requiem.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/18251939/Requiem-Manual.pdf
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70272
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75522/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think I can live without this.

Nah I'm pretty sure I want that

just kill me

I never said I didn't want to be the Argonian
Absolute shit taste. There has to be a dick in that slit

Let's not get into this though. The past couple TES threads seemed fairly free of this sort of thing, except the occasional post or two. Let's keep it out of this one too.

Someone last thread wanted mods for making waifus. I say check out tesgeneral.com/waifu for a better guide than I could write up. Be warned, though, while the guide tries to be fair to both cbbe and unp, most players tend to consider unp as the superior body and will mock you for using cbbe.

Also, check out the armor section of the site for things for your waifu to wear. If you decide to use BodySlide, there's a thread on loverslab that has links to most bodyslide-compatible armors out there, both cbbe and uunp.
If you want poses for taking pretty screenshots, look up OSA and the poser module made for it.

Is that supposed to be Windhelm? Was Windhelm supposed to look like that?
ARE YOU SAYING WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN A WINDHELM LIKE THAT BUT DIDN'T?

I play the same setup, frostfall makes it better. Requiem made the game playable

requiem, frostfall, snowstorms, imps needs etc, got rid of compass, improved enemy ai, etc
>;_;7

I fucking love requiem, but starting out is a bitch.

What exactly does requiem do, I never got it to work on my game. Does it really improve Skyrim that much. I mean I already deleted skyrim from my hard drive, but I am curious.

Some user promised to record saving Tarhiel from fall damage. Has he delivered?

You should just read its manual.
requiem.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/18251939/Requiem-Manual.pdf

Its simpler to understand it this way. Its basically an unleveler that makes skyrim world completely statistic, and its core gameplay spins around starting with worse characteristics, and increasing simplest abilities by spending points towards perks instead.

Isn't there an online multiplayer Skyrim mod? Does it work?

Fucking dropped. I hope that can be easily changed. Does it ADD some high level items/weapons to leveled lists of most merchants? Cause if it doesn't there is no point in unleveling the game then.

Surprisingly it actually improves it.
KEK like you'd be able to afford it

Not to rain on your parade, but this mods combat changes makes the game complete shit. You can't fix an inherently bad combat system like skyrim by just adjusting values.

Jesus Christ this mod is fucking trash. I am glad I disabled it, but disabling the .esp doesn't fully disable it for some reason.

It does its best with what skyrim has to offer imo

Is there a mod that completely change the fucking combat?
One would think that's the first thing that's getting modded, the shittiest aspect that makes up the majority of the game.

At level 1 you are basically a peasant. You can't pick locks, you can't use magic (unless you use a character build mod like custom classes), and you will die in one hit from basically everything except skeevers.
That means the best way to get enough money to buy a half decent weapon is to chop wood, sell farmers crops, or get lucky.

Also the perks can't be legendary reset, and at even if all skills are level 100, you won't have enough to be "master at everything" character.

There are a few but none of them manage to make the combat good, just less tedious.

I don't think it's actually possible, or at the very least would be such an undertaking nobody would.

If I wanted to play world of warcraft I would play world of warcraft user. Morrowind was a great game, and it didn't need such a gimmick.

Here's your combat fix:
+ Combat Evolved
+ ERSO Enhanced AI Reborn
+ Ultimate Combat
+ Ultimate Dragons
+ Attack Commitment No turning during attacks
+ Revenge of the Enemies (don't forget requiem patch)
+ Requiem
Wildcat as an option, but it makes enemies easier to stagger or paralize.

All those mods by working together generate beautiful tactical fights where ai dodges your arrows, knows when to attack, how to flank and surround player, improve spells and abilities of enemies, disable attack aimbot and turning, which allows you to evade attacks, and in general offer harder and more enjoyable experience.

Good. That's one thing I never liked about most TES games, I think Daggerfall is the only one to make it moderately hard, Morrowind with some mods does a good job too. You could also tweak OBXP to do that, but the default ini is retarded.

There's another efficient way to play requiem, i used to play morrowind like that. Just murder fucking peasants, steal their shit, gain lots of exp for stealth and weapons this way in the beginning, and items from their homes/stores.

Well that's a blast from the past

>skyrim modded to fuck ofc
>cursed tribe never actually finished it before

So, any mod suggestions for bigger things to kill, orc stronghold player homes or malacath related quest stuff?

Okay, fuck this shit, i got really bored with requiem. Installed Ordinator with CACO right now and its far better.

Its just more fun and less grind when you start normal and get infinitely powerful, rather than start like shit just to get to the normal level of skills. Being stuck around one town for hours just to grind towards good heavy armor skills sucks.

CACO?

Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul, newest mod from author of Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70272

Huh, I've been using SPERG + Ordinator, but I might give this a try, instead.

I haven't tried it but there is apparently a patch to combine all three, SPERG + CACO + Ordinator. nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75522/?

Now THAT is some fucking combination. Thanks.

No

So when fucking around with bodyslide, after you hit build it automatically sets that as the body Skyrim loads right?
There's nothing you have to do in game to activate it?

How would you compare it to SkyRe? I realize it's probably a silly question but that's the only overhaul mod that suited me or which I actually remember playing with. Also, the Reproccer component was useful.

Couldn't tell you. I haven't used them; I just found that while planning a rebuild of mod setup.

There's nothing you have to do in game to activate it?
If you're using Mod Organizer, it might have put the generated mesh files someplace weird, though. However, it just overwrites the mesh the game normally uses, so you don't have to activate anything extra.

I'm not sure how it plays compared to SkyRe, but it would definitely be more compatible with mods than SkyRe.

Can someone host a Skyrim version modded with Requiem? Having every mod working is hell and I don't want to give Bethesda money.

I never used skyre, but SPERG CACO and Ordinator in just couple of levels make player into god, that's why it needs to be supplemented with combat and enemy mods.

You will have better time modding it yourself. I used to download various "already modded" builds, they never hook right into regedit, have outdated versions of mods and never keep load order. You will still have a lot of work to do.

That's one of the things I feared. SkyRe generally applies on both the PC and the NPC so some of those assholes hit like a rocket propelled garbage truck. The dlc cultists and the vampire dogs in particular are a nightmare unless you've got specific anti magic gear.

Yeah, shit's really bad at playing with custom equipment mods.

Fuck this game there goes half of my Saturday for fuck all.

can anyone recommend good Morrowind mods? are mods even necessary?

You at least want the code patch and patch project. Those are the big bugfix ones. Morrowind doesn't really need any mods, especially if it's your first time playing through. I'd only recommend trying out mods afterward.

I last played it about a decade ago. Fun times

The opening cutscene in Skyrim gets fucked up hard by a lot of mods, especially anything that messes with the game's physics. It's seemingly the only part of the game that gets fucked like this, though. If you want to play at all still I'd recommend just sticking with Alternate Start - Live Another Life. The mod includes the option to use the vanilla starting point, but I think it just puts you someplace after the carriage scene ends. If you pick any other option you can still start the main quest by going to Helgen, looting a book off a burnt corpse, reading it, then heading into the cave below the ruins and helping one of the two NPCs there.

You don't even have to do all that. Once you see Alduin fly out of Helgen, you can run straight to Riverwood, tell someone you saw a dragon, and start the quest from there. Helping one of the npcs just lets you follow them to their friend's house and do their scripted sequence.

I can confirm what this user says, right now the share thread has a skyrim build that you can download off of mega. Sadly it turns out mega was recently compromised, but if you don't care is has requiem already as part of it's package. BUT you still need to adjust it's load order, and it doesn't have the latest builds of certain mods. The Skyrim Script Extender for example will need to be updated.

I've been rocking a bunch of pretty nice mods. My favorites of the bunch are the combination SPERG/Ordinator, plus Apocalypse Magic. The Alteration tree gets a perk that makes all Novice spells free to cast, and the godsend that is Longstride is a Novice spell.

What happened to MEGA? How compromised is it, and in what way?

The chinks run it now, google Kim Dotcom chinese mega

That ain't recent.

You know they could charge 80 dollars by releasing skyrim again but with Multiplayer & server hosting software & a mechanisms that let's you down load other people's mods so everyone would have compatible mods like garry's mod

You seriously expect Bethesda to be able to pull that off, especially without rebuilding Skyrim from the ground up?

How difficult could it be? The art assets have been created,they need to redo the engine but once they do they can charge 60 dollars for Skyrim MP & 60 dollar for fo4 MP.

I mean if Scam citizen can pull off a decent Multiplayer Tech demo then Bethesda would be able to.

We're talking about Bethesda, the people who tied loading times and physics to visual framerate. They've been using the same engine for their last five games, and it seems to get more broken each time. They don't have the competence to rewrite the engine from scratch to do everything Skyrim does and have working multiplayer, especially if it includes mod support.

So who should Bethseda bring in?

Like I said, all they need to do is rewrite the engine as the art asset shave been produced.

Stacks with boots of blinding speed

I'd forgotten about that. That's a remarkable accomplishment of incompetence.

You act like that's the easy part. It isn't. It's the most difficult part of making the game.

We're talking about charging 120 dollars for Skyrim & FO4 MP for games that have their art assets created already.

Ya,I get what you're saying.

Why do you keep mentioning the art assets like that's the most significant portion of making the game?

I should honestly start browsing the amateur devs board. I am still not even clear on why people use engines built by others instead of building their own engines despite the amount of work.

Instead of wanting multiplayer i would want better lore, story, better animations and engine in general.

Get your priorities right.

Let me tell you of a secret method that so good, you will shit your pants:

ASIS

here.
Now that I have made my way to Archmage status, I want to be a malevolent overlord of Skyrim. What mods let me do this, preferably through a war campaign as opposed to just "lol you're high king"?

Actually, looking at the updated requirements to actually become High King in the High King mod, that fits the bill. Never mind!

Guys, what skeleton are you using? I am trying to find one that has both shield on back, dual wield on back and Belt-Fastened Quivers.

Yes, sort of. I've seen a co-op mod using the same computer (the second player is more or less a follower) and a mod using server-client connections.

Whichever mod you're asking about doesn't matter. They're both shit. I recommend neither.

The Morrowind multiplayer mod is still making progress at least. I'm both excited and anxious about the possibility of a Holla Forums Morrowind server.

No game that allows you to kill NPCs could survive a Holla Forums server. It can barely survive one user from Holla Forums as it is.

Its worse than that. It seems windhelm got so much cut down, that in before it even supposed to have an arena, called "The Pit".

That city supposed to be bigger and more beautiful. Todd fucking hack, and for the sake of speeding up the development he deleted lots of good stuff.

What elderscrolls lore says about legendary flying horkers i've seen the other day?

Historically Holla Forums co-op servers were usually pretty chill. Holla Forumslancer let you blow up entire space stations and kill anyone indiscriminately, but there wasn't much issue or trolling.
Plus tes3mp can handle ten players at most. Not enough for there to be true, fun-killing chaos.

I'm having a terrible time trying to download things from the Nexus. Any suggestions?

Every few minutes, the download will freeze. The browser will still indicate the download speed and estimated time as it was before, but they will not fluctuate, nor will the amount of data downloaded so far increase. I have tried to download multiple files, on multiple computers, with multiple browsers (both Chrome and Firefox-based - and I tried through MO too for good measure), and all experienced the issue on every download attempt. It does not seem to be regular, with anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes between freezes. It usually only kills downloads larger than ~50 MB, but not exclusively.

If I pause the download and immediately resume, it will usually make the download continue normally until the next freeze. Sometimes it will just treat the download as complete as-is, and I will have to restart from the beginning. The download also stops like this after a minute or two frozen if I do nothing. It will even sometimes end without freezing first. On occasion, when pausing and unpausing, it will get stuck trying to resume, and list [Unknown time remaining - 0 bytes - 0bytes/sec], then fail (not treated as complete).

Has anyone else had any difficulties? My internet's shit so at first I assumed that was the reason, but I'm able to download from other sites without this problem.

I haven't ever had difficulties like you're describing. Now, the nexus is shit, and it's gone down too many times to count, but I haven't had downloads freeze. It could be something to do with your network or isp, though I couldn't imagine what.

I had plenty of cell data left this bill cycle so I tried using that instead of my normal connection, and I got 600MB down without a hitch.
Looks like it is something about my connection.

Any of you nerds wanna try that Tamriel Online mod? I can almost guarantee it'll be a disaster but that's part of the fun!
174.106.83.254:4242 , I'm in Morthal right now.

CHIM, it's all CHIM.

That would never work out, anything more than two players creates unplayable lag, we tried it a lot in the past.

No? Oh well.

Do you have SkyTweak installed? It has settings for lots of values that mods change, and adapts those settings to your other mods. If you disable one of your other mods, its values might still be saved in SkyTweak, so you'd have to tell SkyTweak to reset to defaults in order to fully remove the changes.

Anyone uses elysees combat mods here? I mean, they are weeb as fuck, and enemies do not use their attacks, but in general a fun experience.

Crashes, here i come! I really can't play this game without installing more shit each day. Fuck me.

The crash can''t fucking come soon enough.

Also
What the actual fuck. M$ is releasing their next gen console literally two and a half years after the Xboner? Hopefully this will finally kill them.

Still waiting on the PRO to kill sorny

Even though the bone was a total shitfest, microsoft seems to have shown a willingness to improve and make some concessions in order to fix their reputation. The bone being backwards compatible to a limited extent is a big plus imo, it should be compulsory that the next system be able to play the games that was on the system before it.

Why so vanilla, user?

I think you've actually managed to somehow make Skyrim worse, my friend. No easy task.

I have MGS5 and Witcher 3 to complete, but instead i am fucking with skyrim.

What am i doing with my life? Should i continue to try to mod it into a perfect game that doesn't exist? There should be a limit of this. Something like "stop it, the game is garbage, you can make a turd into a cake" would be nice. Doesn't get into my brain quite often.

Fuck, alongside those games there's unfinished Dragon's Dogma, Wizardry 8 and Might and Magic 6. I hate bethesda for giving an opportunity for players to fantasize over what they can create on top of their empty soulless games. I'l just bore myself to death with constantly reinstalling mods and starting again and again doing same badly written quests, that have no meaning, no substance, no even proper lore. I want to have fun, not phychologically torture myself with emptyness of bethesda's cruel mind tricks. Get away from my brain, Todd.

What's a performance enb that makes waifus look nice? Is there a loli replacer that lets me bodyslide them, or was I just not sliding the right outfits for the one I have (sidearm)? Someone earlier mentioned cbbe being inferior, but why is that?

That helmet looks too big for your head.

If I took it off, would he die?