LET'S ALL PLAY BALDUR'S GATE II

Alright you unshaved fucks, it's friday night and I wanna have some fun. I'm sick of seeing thread after thread about complaining, let's play some FUCKING video games.

What better way to unite as a community than by playing the same vidya? I think we could have a lot of fun if we all played through Baldur's Gate 2 together.

So what do you say? Ready to do more than browse the catalog while bored? Ready for meaning in your life? Join me in Baldur's Gate 2……

No.

Go back to where you came from

You know actually let me be a bit more kind. Listen user, after the news about andromeda nobody here will want to play a bioware game. If you want to play through it yourself that's fine, but the timing of your thread isn't great. Besides most of us have other games to play to.

The fuck is wrong with Holla Forums playing through the same video game and then talking about it?

There's nothing wrong with it, there's just been rampant shitposting going on for the last week

Baldur's Gate 2 was developed all the way back in 2000 though. I don't see why that's a problem. People can pirate the game if they don't want to feed current year bioware.

But user, If I hit someone's plate armour with a sword will they take some damage or no damage?

Depends, was it with the blade or hilt? Blades unless they thrust inbetween the spaces in the metal plates are useless against plate armor. For that you would use the hilt of the sword to bludgeon your opponent. You wouldn't damage the armor much, but the concussive force would hurt your opponent. Swords were widely used because if you had hand protection they could be used in an enormous amount of ways by grabbing the blade, and using the pommel as a blunt weapon.

I see where you are going with this, and that's the reason damage threshold and damage types exist. Wearing armor doesn't turn you into an acrobat.

I mean, you could be doing "good" things as part of a larger hidden agenda. Think bigger, user.

If you have people together, you don't play Baldurs Gate, you play actual D&D you faggot.

Play the first baldur's gate. There's a much wider variety of options for people you can recruit. Just make sure if you go not-enhanced edition you get Sword Coast, because it adds conveniences that make you life easier. If you do go for vanilla, you won't be able to play subclasses, monk, barbarian or sorcerer.

Also you need to assume your class is contributing to the whole of your character, not just your items. Paladins, Warriors, Barbarians etc have much higher HP than other classes, even those with the same CON. The point being, a character is tanky not just because they wear armour, but also because they can take more hits. It's a roundabout way of thinking but it functions sufficiently.

that's why armor doesn't give perfect AC, everything has gaps, although heavy armor, if well made shouldn't lower your dex bonus by much if at all.

DnD isn't perfect but at least certain damage types mitigate armors to certain extents.

If armor didn't give near perfect protection user then there is no reason to have armor. See Demon's Souls

No matter how tough your armor is, it won't protect you from a warhammer or other sufficiently forceful blunt or piercing attack.

see

no thanks
ToEE is the superior choice

What's wrong with real time with pause?

Sounds gay

wew

Absolutely nothing at all

Actually, for a game and a company that always forces you to be good, BG2 SoA has the best evil companions from any Bioware game that I can remember from the top of my head.

Play it yourself, faggot. SoA is linear as fuck and ToB is even more linear and introduced several cheap things to the gameplay (like the thing that allows you to light up containers).

Jade Empire and Kotor come to mind

Yes.

memeing baldur's gate and planescape torment into relevance as good games has made legitimately great games be pushed to the wayside and is the greatest sin in the games industry. Please let these god awful games die and fade into obscurity, play a good rpg instead.

I see your digits, but I haven't played Jade Empire yet. I should, because I got it from free from Origin

for free, damn it

Well, when you do make sure to get that in style mod. And yeah, I know it's bad form to play modded first time around but it really improves the vanilla gameplay without changing core mechanics too much.

Also JE is specific in how it not only features a decent evil waifu but also in allowing you to fug both her and the good waifu. At the same time, no less.