Neverwinter Nights free on GOG for 13 more hours

gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition

We got two servers up and had lots of people come in, join us fgts.

OC (main server): 75.112.211.30:5121
Quartz Emporium (item shop): 75.112.211.30:5122

There are portals in the Temples of Tyr and the Quartz Emporium that will let you seamlessly travel between the two servers.

Other urls found in this thread:

social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-Technical-Support-Self-help-for-all-versions-and-expansions/Installing-NWN1-for-Win7vista-including-patch-links-for-all-OS--3341490-1.html
nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Windows
gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/why_is_my_characters_skin_silver
radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/videos_and_cutscenes
mirror.aleturo.com/Games/NWN/
social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-General-Discussion-Forum-No-Spoilers-Allowed/UNOFFICIAL-links-to-redownload-previously-purchased-Premium-modules-4746466-1.html
neverwinternights.info/index.htm
neverwinternights.info/p170.htm
neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?214212-Reanimated-Dread-Necromancer-Handbook
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
neverwintervault.org/
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/community-patch-project
gog.com/support/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition/potential_issues_with_supersampling_dsr_factors_feature_on_highend_geforce_cards
serials.ws/
twitch.tv/cypherz2
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/nwn2-client-extension
nwnlist.com/
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/169-critical-rebuild-english
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/combined/cep-23-cep-24
nwn2db.com/build/?244961
nwn.wikispaces.com/bard_rdd_pm)
neverwintervault.org/cep
twitter.com/AnonBabble

duplicate thread, fuck off

previous one is at bump limit and we got servers up

Are there any campaigns for high level or legendary characters?

Duplicate thread, fuck off. You don't make a new one until it's off of the catalog

I was posting in the other thread about our old days with Neverwinter Connections and DMing back in the day.

I'm gonna pull the trigger and at least try a proof of concept, so when I have something ready to show you faggots I'll post on Holla Forums. I'm thinking a one shot adventure that's run by a DM so people can see if they're interested in more.

Are there any patches I need to DL? and I don't know how to build in this game.

you might need the 1.69 critical rebuild, depending on what version GOG is selling. I dont know because Im using a physical version of the Diamond edition

Never bothered playing it ever. May as well download shit if it's free. Anything to expect?

holy shit go away!!

Why are you so mad?

What do you do on the server?

How do I know if I need that patch?

Skip the original campaign and just play the expansion campaigns. A far superior experience. Then try some mods. There are literally thousands of fan-made adventures you can DL.

buy stuff, sell stuff, kill stuff, trade bantz with anons. Bretty comfy

Do you miss anything by not playing the base game? or are the expansions stand alone?

Fuck my anus

to be 100% clear, in the game's main folder you'll get a nwncdkey.ini and a program called SerialTool.exe. the cdkey.ini has three keys that are identical to the ones inside the SerialTool program to start with. If you log into your GOG account, go to your library, select the game, there should be an option to view your specific keys. You have to use the ones from your account, I think.

You miss the OG story, which is complete shit, about as generic as you can get with a D&D campaign. One can hardly believe a team of professionals worked on it.

PERSISTENT WORLD WHEN

im only lvl 4 :^), its not too awful, just stay back and get exp

Grab a companion from the main room of the inn and go north to the goblin caves, just keep away and let your henchman kill them and you'll rake levels in no time.

I think I'll just wait until you start the next campaign

get some levels from Quartz and come back, stay with the group and you'll be fine

Currently installing NWNX to go with my NWNCX along with the NWNX plugins and making sure I can play all the premium modules without error.

This

i wish i could have sex with my pixie familiar

having only played vanilla through hordes of the underdark i dont know what youre saying to me

Alienist is a PrC class that makes it so that your summons are all filtered through a Far Realm VPN, which replaces the output of a summon with a horrible Eldritch monstrosity not fit for the human mind conformed to the form of what you tried to to summon in the first place.

The endgame of the PrC turns you into an outsider.

In other words, it's literally The whole Bloodborne Milkweed rune thing as a PrC for arcane summoners.
Could have been better though.

In D&D lore the Far rRalm is the fuckshit rapehole of the multiverse and no god dares fucking tread there because it's responsible for the Aberration races that plague the setting, and worse, Elder Evils, endgame lovecrafitian entities but evil, because the alignment system is a thing and a literal force in D&D so effectively whatever comes in is filtered from it's "So phenomenally cosmic it's above all that is-" shtick, to being ==definitely== evil, so now it doesn't kill us and drive us insane because it's there or there's some higher purpose we don't understand, it kills us and drives us insane because it wants us dead just because.

Alienist are fucking nutjob spellcasters who try to make contact with the far realm, either getting killed off by competent aberration hunters, forces for good or even evil, adventurer parties.

Alienists succeeding in going fullblown retard have caused:
Father Lymic
Myth Dranor's current state of affairs
Shardminds
The reason why Juiblex, Dagon, and the Pale night are in the Abyss, not knowing what they really are.
Bards
And much, much worse.

You need to know a bit of lovecraft to get the joke.
The last picture is a hint, it's an Outer God part of a cluster of others that keep a certain something asleep.

does otiax see vaginas as locks and are passwords keys?

bump

DMfag here, working on something pretty cool that I hope I can have some of you guys try in a few days.
I had forgotten that 1.69 (last patch and what's included in the GOG release) has a lot of resources from Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, including the new tilesets (a much better rural/castle exterior and several new interiors).
pic related is just a quick mockup, this is without any hakpacks.

This is how it looks in game, still needs tweaking.

looks comfy

I just left to wait until someone came back.
I'l get back on real quick.

oh well

that last pic is cute, liitle doot doot ayy lmao

Are the servers with or without PRC?

How is this possible

without prc atm :(

pure nwn2 hell

It's page 13, and it has to hit bump limit first. Unless it's a general then Mods are a bit loose with that rule.

bump before bed, thanks for playing guys

Fug someone is being lazy like me and using the base key, how do I find my custom key again?

Go to the drop down thing that says 'More' and click 'Serial Keys'.

Oh it seems to be automatically done?
It seems my key is still in use.

Ah, fuck, I forgot to add you have to paste your keys into the nwncdkey file wherever you installed it.

I just realised I was also being retarded and doing it through the Galaxy client when I needed to do it through the website.

your mom is loose

You can also use the ServerTool thing GoG bundled with it, in the game directory, to change keys

Huh, good to know.

*SerialTool, not ServerTool

GoG did good with the nostalgia too, you can't copy the key you have to type it out by hand, just like the good old days.

Kill yourself.

Anyway, how does this Diamond differ from the original?

It's forged in the tight Anus of EA execs

day of the rope

p.shit rpg tbh

Fuck, did anyone save a copy of that user's long post explaining the installing and patching process?

does this look like the SWAT thread you fat fuck?

Nope, but isn't it something like this?

might wanna get the nwncx-0.2.9 custom launcher to avoid the long ass multiplayer timeout and be able to see the resurrected server listing.

Installing the game

First, you actually want to get NWN, so go torrent NWN Diamond edition from Piratebay or something, this is generally the one you want, you don't want to piss about wuth DLing NWN stanalone then the expansions.

Win7 user will have trouble with installastion, so you need to follow this guide in order to ensure you don't mess up:

social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-Technical-Support-Self-help-for-all-versions-and-expansions/Installing-NWN1-for-Win7vista-including-patch-links-for-all-OS--3341490-1.html

nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Windows

You may also suffer from issues involving non playing cutscenes in the start of campaign chapers when playing or chrome/silver skin at character creation.

The chrome skin issue is usually fixed by simply installing the critical rebuild 1.69 patch found here:

gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/why_is_my_characters_skin_silver

The non playing cutscene issue is caused by a number of different problems, but the first thing you must do is install Bink, found here:

radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm (First DL link)

Here are some sites which can usually help you fix this issue.

gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/videos_and_cutscenes

Using this is how I fixed my Non playing cutscens issue in NWN, however, so it's probably this one.

mirror.aleturo.com/Games/NWN/

Additionally, disable the shiny water option sound ingame, it's a shit, causes savegame bloat and crashes.

Now that you've pretty much installed NWN Diamond edition patched it and made sure you've got no issues, It's time to install the Premium modules, which you can find here:

social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-General-Discussion-Forum-No-Spoilers-Allowed/UNOFFICIAL-links-to-redownload-previously-purchased-Premium-modules-4746466-1.html

Download and intstall all of these.

So now, you've pretty much got all of the Vanilla content. Save for Darkness over Daggerford, which was cancelled.

You might also want a fan made module on what happens between Shadows of Unrentide and Hordes of the Underdark, plenty of those on the neverwinter vault.

Community patches/gameplay improvements

Here I will list mods that are to NWN what the Unofficial Oblivion patch is to Oblivion, you'll want to download these for sure.

neverwinternights.info/index.htm

Community Patch

neverwinternights.info/p170.htm

A community patch for all those nasty bugs 1.69 didn't fix.

Also will merge data in you .2da folders togther rather tha overrite if you place them in a folder and run a batch file, so it works with just about anything, includign any installations of the PRC or other modifications you may have installed.

Lastly, there's the PRC, which is a mod that injects a buttload of D&D 3.5 classes and a shitload of other stuff for choice at character creation, amongst other things, such as sub-races that if you name at the begining of character creation, will be seen as their own race.

Before installing the PRC (And most mods anyway) you want this:

neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm

NWNCX extends what NWN can actually do, and is needed to select the PRC base classes at character creation.

Lastly you want something called Leto 1.69 PRC edition I think, for editing PRC characters and stuff.

Honestly, this is taken from an old guide I wrote on the subject as much has changed on the modding scene since then, as we now have a working mod manager that works in the same fashion as the Mod organiser for bethesda games, which is a godsend compared to drag'n drop Override files to NWN1.

There'd be more links to mods here, but they were all to the old neverwinter vault, whcih shut down and changed to a new site, so they no longer work, and their search engine is piss, so it's hard to fidn the old stuff.

Anyhow, the basic stuff you want is the game fully patched with cutscenes working then the community patch, the PRC being optional if you want it, as you have things like the CEP needed for Custom created modules to play, or persistant servers and whatever.

One more thing, most moduels want these massive fuckass collections of assets, one called the CEP, and the other Project q.

Get both, and also get the CEP 2.1 (An older version) as some modules use it, such as a Hunt through the dark, a popular series of Drow modules.

Oh right, and put the game's .exe's in compatiblity. for windows XP and run as Admin, that's one of the most important things.

There's also a Mod manager for installing mods now, which you can find on the nexus, it's a bit buggy now, but the author is open to bug report submissions.

It's a lot better than the manual method, anyhow.

Gonna crash. Pretty productive session got my Desert Wind +2 and looking pretty good.

So, who's pushing the meme how NWN is a passable game? This a /vg/ leak or something?

recommend me some long, high-quality single-player modules that aren't aielund and are SFW
i already played aielund, i think its maybe better than SoU+HoTU, aside from the uncommon typos, and the whole bunch of modules takes the same character from level 1 to 36 if you don't multiclass

are you underage? NWN1 is the best D&D game that there is today including custom campaigns and excluding the non-xpack campaign

Nope, are you? Shit is shit no matter how much you polish or dance around it.

Man you don't let up do you?
Fuck off, people are playing vidya, we don't care about the stick up your ass.

I think the only thing I don't like about this game thus far is that whenever I alt tab out of the game when I try to reopen the game it doesn't register my inputs until I alt tab a few more times.

Listen, you can call me a faggot for insulting your shit taste, and that's fine. But don't ever imply I play a paladin :^)

alt f4
cancel
play

Fucking elves.

Thanks my friends

I didn't anticipate any trouble but more information doesn't hurt

Stop replying, he has been sperging out since the first thread.

The Holla Forums isn't for video game crowd has finally migrated over from cuckchan, perhaps?

IT goes

You've also got Leto PrC to get, and the mod manager, found on the nexus, it';s buggy, so lend the creator a hand with reports, but it's good for the mods.

Additionally, the nexus has a monster replacer override which is decent and makes mobs look better though it didn't go into .2da files so there are some models you can't really use, get it anyway.

No, he's this person who enters threads and does this all the time, and I'm 99% sure he's the same faggot who started the MEMEGAME Meme which killed off undertale discussion when it overstayed it's welcome with it's threads, and also does this in Baldur's gate threads, or any uncommon thread on Holla Forums.

Noone?

at peak hours there's about 6 or 7 people on. Right now there's just two, not including myself

Tales of Arterra.

thanks man, ill go download it
hopefully it lets me get to level 40, but even if it only takes me to level 27 that'd be fine too i guess

Feat Type: General
Prerequisite: Caster Level 1
Description: You grow an internal cyst of undead flesh called a mother cyst. The mother cyst is slightly painful, but otherwise isn't harmful. This cyst gives you the ability to cast necrotic cyst spells.

XP gain from kills has been doubled on all of the OC's modules, so now in large parties the XP rate wont be quite so shitty

I did this straight vanilla from GoG and it worked fine on the server last night, with win7 x64, didn't tweak compatibility or anything.

i ran the autopatcher, said no patch, are these patches necessary?

No idea, this is a later version than what I'm used to so it may already have the rebuild, but I figure you need the other stuff.

Yeah, Cyst necromancers are really fucked up
You should try and follow this build though.
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?214212-Reanimated-Dread-Necromancer-Handbook

PrC 3.5 adds the prestige classes and feats for a number of the stuff presented here.

volafile.io/r/HF33Go
Other premium content and patches uploaded her.e

I tried installing the unofficial patch and PRC but I think I accidentally my entire game.

Unnoficial patch comes last if I recall.

PrC is installed by adding the content to your hak files or whatever, and you use a PRC injector to put it into your modules to actually use.

barring that, use the mod manager so you can't permanently fuck things up.

Ended up making a Rogue for Swordflight Part 1 and despite the module screaming for a gimped build I decided to make a sub standard heavy crossbow build; probably had nothing to do with having watched a bunch of videos on crossbows before playing, nah. Survived the inn (though I would have had to have restarted if I'd spent my money on anything other than traps as the rat basements group aggro would have been impossible). Rescued the annoying as fuck bard bitch and cleared the spider caverns and a few rooms of the undead ruins.

Currently Level 3: Rogue 1/Fighter 2
Luck of Heroes
Dodge
Weapon Focus (Heavy Crossbow)
Point Blank Shot
Rapid Reloading

The module seems to place a huge focus on using traps if you go rogue; which is unfortunate as I had to take 2 levels of fighter already so I'm down on rogue skills, and even though I plan to take rogue next I need to focus on catching up the skills that'll get me that vital level of shadowdancer ASAP. I've had to res the bratty bard 3 times already as well due to needing to use her as a meatshield occasionally.

No you won't need it if you got the free diamond version, you can just straight up play the game, aside from unofficial patch.

Do you have links to these patches?
I only see 1.71 at neverwintervault.org/

how the fuck do i fix the stuttering? ive been trying to play it but the random stutters take me out of it

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/community-patch-project

Post specs?

YOU ARE SOOOOOOO GONNA FEEL SOME WRATH

Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
8.0 GB of RAM
Windows 10

game mostly runs flawlessly but when combat starts or i open it door it'll stutter and i wanna stop playing not even done with the gay ceremony in the beginning/tutorial area

Its still going nigga

Is it possible to make pic related, orc/elf character?

gog.com/support/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition/potential_issues_with_supersampling_dsr_factors_feature_on_highend_geforce_cards

maybe this?

Yeah, just pick the Sub-race option and make it.

Awww. Want to get on now but am busy with IRL.

So now what?

yeah, I was going to put down a server portal to quartz and then reset the server while everybody was over there. Who's up for HotU?

i'm down, but can we take a quick 10 min break

sure, we're at quartz doing merchant stuff

How come you don't get to keep your old characters?

because MDF's servers and my servers are two separate machines with two separate server vaults. I've got no problem giving you gold and levels to make up for it but moving servers might confuse people.

We could do it after HotU though if you want

That's okay, I was just asking why.

it comes with the expansions, Shadows of Undrentide and Horde of the Underdark, and some decent bonus modules

it.. kinda helped? honestly it doesn't seem much different
running it in compatibility mode, using miles 2d positional audio, and disabling shiny water helped, maybe i should just turn off shadows too, it went down to a less noticeable stutter but a stutter nonetheless

running hotu, if anyone wants to join nows the time

Although several of the bonus modules are actually unfinished.

shadows in nwn1 are poorly optimized, you should get a significant improvement with them off.

that was a problem with a lot of the bonus content, yeah. For example, Witches' Wake got hyped to hell and back, the devs tried to include every possible suggestion made on the forums.
What this led to was when you start Witches' Wake you're like "wow, in this first scene you have every single option you can imagine", but the whole module is just a few hours long and just takes you through level 1.
The biggest exception is Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, although that was a paid expansion at the time. (You can get it to work with your GOG install if you have your CDKeys installed, but it requires a third party program to unlock it.) WCoC is a good size.
Darkness over Daggerford is another good one. That was going to be a premium module but it got cancelled, but the mod authors ended up finishing it. High quality and also fairly long. That you can just grab off the vault, I believe.

thanks for the advice user(s), have a trap as a present

There's no way I can continue with my non-gimped rogue in swordflight 1, even with all the holy traps it's possible to afford, over 20, it's still not enough to get from the point of not return to outside. Several hours each time wasted. I was really hoping this wouldn't be another undead masses module given how bad rogues are against undead in dnd 3rd ed and how many of the official campaigns had the in droves, but I feel like you need to play a melee heavy character if you're not gimping yourself out in swordflight, even then I don't think a pure spellcaster could get through this at all. The spectral chest of useless weapons was a pretty clear indication of the kind of character the module creator intended swordflight for.

Yo. You guys still playing?

The damn thing keeps saying invalid number of skillpoints.

do you have the PRC pack installed?

yeah. hop in,just got raped by magic immune furries

ONE OF US
When you get a chance, grab the "DMFI 101: So you want to be a DM" module off neverwintervault and run through it. Lots of helpful tips on how to use the client to do shit that you wouldn't know it could do.
Also, you can cast any spells as DM, so you can make a miniboss out of a regular monster with the appropriate buffs.

should be a set online somewhere

what do you mean?

i usually rotate sets from torrent comments or one the the super shady serialkey sites, just search nwn hotu

i don't understand what you mean by set but okay

Are you sure you aren't offering yourself?

you need keys for nwn,exp1, and exp2

but i mean, i didn't put a CD key in man, i used a GoG version

supposedly there's a serial key changer in the gog folder

Shit rpg

i'm keeping an eye out, thanks user
trying to fiddle with it now

www.serialbay.com/
serials.ws/

because of the fuck huge INT you can do rogue1/wiz39. You're basically a wizard, but can do all of the rogue stuff as well for 1 level.

Taking the bait

Unless you're using Disintegrate, you're missing the really good spells user. With your cheated stats, you'd only miss on a roll of 1, so I doubt you're fucking missing at all. You can still fail saving throws if you roll a 1 and some spells still effect you to a lesser extent like Fireball; provided you don't have Evasion. Besides, spell damage scales on caster level retard. Have you not read the descriptions for the spells you cast? Stats only decide how hard they are to resist.

why

what did you install exactly and what order?

I did this shit
community patch > NWNCX > PrC

Those are some shitty game mechanics that don't deserve to be anywhere near computer games

Err it is saying my CD key is in use? What the hell boys it has been working fine until now.

Is Neverwinter Nights 2 worth playing?

dude, i can help with this, okay so look in the data folder there's a text file called nwncdkey.ini so open that and find a different key online, got it?

someone else might have joined with your serials check those sites above

i've never used the community patches or nwncx yet, so you're going to need someone else

is the kingmaker module worth playing at all?

can i become a lich in this game?

with the prc yes, otherwise your stuck with palemaster and its awful

Possible to play Neverwinter Nights 2 Multiplayer with a pirated version?

This is wonderful

i've only tried over lan,but i would think so

Cool
Hope has been slightly raised, but I'd love a definite answer.

I just brought it on GoG for $8, time to hit the showers, I want to play, probably going to install some cosmetic mods first.

Ah found the answer
Sweet

twitch.tv/cypherz2

The individual servers in NeverWinter Nights check whether people are using the same CD keys though, surely it's same for the sequel.

It's not bad, though it's also pretty short. At least it's complete, unlike some of the other bonus modules.

wew laddius

Yeah, but the particular server I want to check out apparently works like this

I couldn't get it to work last time, this time it worked fine though.

Looks like someone ported Baldur's gate to Neverwinter Nights 2, would anyone be interested in playing if I can get it to work?

Was fun lads, I'm going to bed now.

but this is the point of Baldur's Gate and NWN to implement tabletop mechanics in a videogame

Has NWN2 been fixed at all?

I see you've done some detection work, huh [he said sarcastically]

Sorry, am a bit out of it right now.
Yeah, I'd like to try it out.
It's 60% dl'ing for me atm
Will hopefully get it running
Would be really cool

[whips out dick]
maybe you'd like to try givin this a suck
huh bitch

[observes ==Penis==]
Filthy heathen.. Hold it still while I chop that forsaken foreskin off..
[unseathes zweihänder]
..and served it to Mr. Fritz here.
[points at a snivelling little hairless creature sitting in the corner that started rubbing its hands and licking its lips menacingly]

I never got how to use the CEP haks when making a module. It'd just crash the if I tried to use them.

I have no idea.

I'm about to go to sleep now, and I read your post 2 hours later anyway.

np, trying to create a bioware forum account but the directed website doesn't exist anymore and can't find any other help. Anyone know what to do?
I want to create a Bioware community account so I can play multiplayer

They closed down the forums fam, didn't you know, we reminisced about ding dong bannu too.

waits so I can't ever play multiplayer?

Didn't they shut down the authetication servers anyway?

You have to use the client extension neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/nwn2-client-extension

Alright thanks. Approval mail pending.

It's weird, how sometimes you fantasize about something, wishing it, searching and finding what you imagined.

WE WUZ ELVES

nigger i….

Stuck at the Multiplayer Key Changer.
None of the serials at seem to work (when I paste them in the option to save does not become available).

make sure there's no space before/after the text

I also put in the serials I found in the nwncdkey.ini file, didn't work

you can just go into the nwncdkey ini file and change em there.

The first serial had a space at the end
Thanks

Yup

Trying to connect to a server but it gives [server not responding (timed out)]

we can ERP in the weapon shop in the meantime

Write down when you restart from the beginning.
I can't be in fucking Cania at level 3.

i'm hype for the custom modules we'll do at some point like sven-coop
who here's with me?

Most of the modules are not meant to have more than 2-3 people in it at most.

way to kill a soggy man's dream

Beside, XP get split based on how many people are there.
So you would end up fighting whatever end boss with people all level 3 or so.

ah, dang..
well there's gotta be some crazy japplenese maps out de'e?

There are those permanent word maps that are a bit like MMOs.
I don't have much experience with those, however.

hm, thanks for the info, dude!

Alright, since I can't seem to connect to the BG-TSCC server does anyone know of a good NWM2 server? I'm into rp/immersion

could i join you if you find something, i'll be a dwarf who's really into his bardwork to the point of autism

nwnlist.com/

I heard Sigil is good.

Thanks. I now see that when typing in the numeral server adress that the last period (.) was actually a colon.
Tried the bgtscc server again, got connected then BANNED

Will happily play if I only can get it to run

lemme install it

[hands over computer]
Here you go. Could you also go ahead and uninstall Windows 10 from this computer and replace it with literally anything else.
To put it crudely: shit is cancer

i-i meant lemme install it into my harddrive
[installs windows 98]

I was able to log into the Kingdom of Heaven server. Now it's downloading some files, approximate time to finish: 1:23:20 with a 350kb/s cap

i would kill for some windows 98 right now
Ever since I installed W10 has my comps performance deteriorated and it shuts off at random interwalls then stuck on reboot.

shit dude, i'm sorry to hear that

i've known a handful of peeps who regretted installing w10
i stuck with 7 or 8 or whatever
what do you plan to role? in nwn2?
sorry i'm changing the subject i wanna get your mind off this

It's.. it's been tough
Need to either reinstall W7 or get a good distro on it
Have only tampered a teensy bit with Xubuntu but dunno if it really suits this comp.

Heh, np thanks. Well I am not sure… or am I? Lets see:
I'm new to NWN, have played Baldur1-2 but am not really that knowledgeable of the underlying DnD mechanics, so maybe pick a barbarian and a literal caveman that has only just been introduced to civilization.
Or maybe bard, since I like to rhyme and play with words.
You?

well lemme fine another version

i'm gonna go for a big guy orc bard, or i could go with a dwarf barbarian.. not quite sure like the orc idea

Orc bard? Can they be bards? The image of an orc playing on a lute is amusing.
We could be two travelling orc bards, trying to find the best sounding sound in the world, mainly by banging our foes with barbed lutes

Orc bards are male strippers user, they use STR as their modifier for this.

this made me smile, yeah man, i'm all for it

PM'd a mod on the issue with me getting banned right away when I logged on the bgtscc server.
That's the main server I'd like to try out first, but while waiting im downloading the Kingdom of Heaven files since that's all I can do at the moment.

[let's out battle-cry and sings the Pain Song while smashing in the opponents face]

i'm gonna take a while, so you do you for now, if this thread goes under, i'll see you in the next–if there's no next i'll try to make a thinly-veiled thread to get to you

We shall meet again in the internether
Peace

All the patches found on the neverwintervault are for at highest 1.69 patch, but the gog patch is 2.0.1.6.
Do I require any patches other than the gog patch?

you are special retarded

gog has it's own version numbers, check the readme files and in game information what version you got

Thanks you were right. I was on 1.023

was the hotu campaign over?

The BG server seems to be ddossed atm
have been for some time
shame

HotU server is reset back to chapter 2. Does anyone want to give Netheria a go now instead?

Trying to run the 1.69 patch but [insert CD] error comes
what do?
Sorry, I know i'm retarded I know

insert the cd

You have to run this one neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/169-critical-rebuild-english

Gives the insert CD error aswell
Would it be an idea to dl an .iso or something for NWN2 and mount it?

Damn it, bummed that I missed the free NWN gog version

I think I should have been clearer
I'm actually trying to get the second game working, not the first

Shutting down the servers for a few minutes, a fan is making a weird noise

Aight, am having no luck with NWN2
Are you guys playing on some NWN server?

Yeah the one in the OP.

Anyone else play Realms of Trinity here? Want to make a guild?

Ok, the power supply's fan is finally beginning to wear out. The servers are back up but Im looking into attempting a server vault transfer soon to MDF's servers.

surely this can roll on a cheap vps

just installed and joined but i'll wait until you get your server vault business settled becuase i have no idea what im doing to begin with

my servers are actually just being hosted on my computer
MDF's servers are actual servers that have server-grade hardware and are autonomously controlled by NWNx, by resetting and restarting on their own after about 12 hours

Problem is there's no easy way to do a character transfer over there because Quartz Emporium player storage will mess up because of reasons that are too long to succinctly describe here. Netheria is different because it uses a separate server vault from everything else since it uses CEP.

i'll be on a little later

what are the server requirements? could you just dump the whole directory over to a linux server and run the nwn server in wine?

i don't know shit about hosting for nwn

plainly said, if I transferred everyone over right now, nobody would have proper access to their player storage in Quartz. Your character would transfer over fine, levels and gold and all, but you'd need to make a new character to get access to Quartz player storage again.

server hasn't been up that long, could just tell people over the next day or so to take their shit out, then just do it

Tough decision but come on over to MDF's servers instead, I'll give you levels and gold to make up for what you'll lose. Item level restrictions in the OC and HotU will be turned on so be careful on what you buy with your new gold.

Quartz Emporium: mdfnwn.servegame.com:5125

OC (Chapter 1): mdfnwn.servegame.com:5121

HotU: mdfnwn.servegame.com:5124

Netheria (CEP 2.4 required): mdfnwn.servegame.com:5130
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/combined/cep-23-cep-24

are the characters shared between all those?

and did the characters transfer at all or fresh start?

No, fresh start Im afraid. I'll help you though.

Hi
[Question impending]
Ain't it sweet how things have turned.
This game was nay something I yearned before,
yet now I desire it much.

For time, for free
Yet time ended for the offer to be
And now a beggar before you
I ask the kindness in yer hearts

May the spirit of goodness grant me a way for me to play with you.

tl;dr
too late to download a recently free game
gief plox gog acc: Polroy
[A selection of optional thoughts appeared in his mind, as strands for paths to follow, conjured out of the best of his capacity

[ 1. (Mischievous) Intelligence 18: ((If I give this gift he can pay with nonsexual online services, like picking wool and run erands of grave importance))]

[ 2. (Pragmatism) Mercantilism 10: ((How well can he pick cotton? Would I need to invest in a good whipping whip? Then again, what's the deal, is he so poor he can't buy a game for a few measly dollars? Posh))

[3. (Contemplation) Sanity 13 (-2 for recent trauma at The Park): ".. hm…?"]

[Polroy the Priest lightly shakes his fez in his hands while observing his surroundings]

user i can help you but, you gotta do something for me..

IDEA

My servers are still up. If you want me to transfer your inventory by giving your stuff to my DM avatar, I'll give it back to you when you join MDF's Quartz.

just gib over 90000000gp max lvl and over 900 attributes to

just join bby

what?

it was gonna be something lewd, but now i'd just feel bad, i'll upload it tonight to a volafile, would that be cool?
eh, but if you still wanna *earn* it
uh.. fuck i dunno

Tried to join ZOMGSUS sewer or whatever it was called and the request was denied by the server.. Said my items were too high level or something.. So i hit cancel thinking it would take me back to Quartz, but it just took me back to the lobby.

What's the IP for your current Quartz room? MDF/Fiend?

see

mdfnwn.servegame.com:5125

For anyone who gets this error
Just go back to Quartz and unequip your gear, then reconnect

IT FINALLY DOWNLOADED ALL I GOTTA DO IS INSTALL PLEASE TELL ME YOU FOUND A THING–FOUND A SERVER OR SOMETHING

so i'm getting invalid ability scores on netheria on my 40 lich and invalid level on hotu

I'll fix that

ok so I cant get into the hotu due to not being level 10,but I can't make a level 10 from scratch

Come to Quartz

Night guys, will that portal to MDF's Server stay up in your Quartz Emporium, Angry Pit-fiend? Got it on my history so I don't need to remember any IP

Polite sage so as to not sink the thread with semi OT discussion

/hit bump limit early

yeah, I'll keep my servers up for a day longer so I can guide them to MDF's servers instead

omw soon, i'll post once i'm out of cc

All I want to do is play it. Thought I'd try it out.
I was trying to get NWN2 working but maybe good idea to start with NWN anyway. I have it downloaded but haven't tried getting it running yet. Thinking of installing it on my laptop instead of desktop. Hopefully this laptop can run it smoothly enough (has a bit overheating issues).
Ohwell, if I don't get it working I'll cry for a grownup in here.

Please rate my build
nwn2db.com/build/?244961

bump before bed, shutting the OP servers down for a while, read this

Goddamn, man.

It only took about 45 minutes, given that email verification wasn't even required, so it's not that big of a deal.

But what are you gonna do with 100 keys?

Is anyone going to be running a properly DM'd game, can you do this and let players roll for arbitrary shit, can the DM force this stuff to take effect.

Make a server for himself and all of his waifus.

Sell them for $2-3 each in a year.

You're a virtual gook at a buffet.

You might have to rephrase that.
So you want to know if someone is running (or has any knowleadge of) a properly DM'd game, right?
Such as?
I'd imagine so, as far as I can deduct.

Hold on to those.
They might come in handy.

Hi

Could I have one CD-key please?
Polroy

I meant anyone here, if it isn't happening whatever.

I haven't play Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper but I've played other ones and a lot of the actions came down to dice rolls, so I was wondering if the DM can force dice rolls on anything and enforce an outcome within the game.

How are you going to have a proper RP if you can't do arbitrary shit?

Neverwinter Nights:
TQNRA-9HRAT-LP7XP-NXKJY-GWAMM-GL7K4-M47J9
Shadows of Undrentide:
P9MVX-K6JUM-NAGA6-YMRYL-F96HM-NAAUW-AJTKT
Hordes of the Underdark:
GDRXF-3FJQX-6CYT4-WVVFQ-9V4AV-FMLVR-H7TDH

That's some next level kikery

What is a good build to use for soloing OC?

I'm using this guy (nwn.wikispaces.com/bard_rdd_pm) But I realised that Rogues are the only class that gets locks and traps.

What is a good rogue build?

There are no good Rogue builds, because they rely on Sneak Attack, and 90% of the things you'll be fighting are immune to it.

Maybe a Bard/RDD/SD ? Do shadowdancers get traps and locks?

Shadowdancers are kinda shit, too.
Bard/Red Dragon Disciple might be worth it, but then you're basically Deekin.

I wouldn't recommend playing the OC, I'd play Shadows of Undretide then Hordes of the Underdark, or some third party module.
But if you do want to, nothing is more OP than a caster for any module with unlimited resting.

Taking 1 level in shadowdancer is well worth it for hide in plain sight.

This, HotU is a sequel to SotU and the two play back to back with the same character making for a much better original campaign experience than the actual OC.

Try dm_levelup

The OC is shit though

Have you had played any tabletop game or strictly DnD videogames?

I didn't know gog actually sold mainly good games

There are some shit games on there, but a lot of good older ones, especially RPGs.

Yeah, looking through the catalogue I see tons of interesting games I have never heard of.

or use your gog keys

gog seems to have better quality control than steam (greenlight was a good idea, but it's letting in a lot of shitty games)

i couldn't get it in time so i had to use a spooky rushmin site about serial killers or serial keys or something

Does the CD key even matter? Couldn't you just change one digit since there's nothing to check authenticity

i tried that, dude, it opens up a CD-key thing in game

ah, that sucks

actually it wasn't bad, it was reliable as fuck, or use those youtube videos with keys

i wanna play on an action PW server that'd be good without DMs doing something other than moderation, and would be good for a reason other than the community

failing that, I want another mod like aielund, which has a very long and pretty good story overall taking you from level 1 to 36 and has alot of hack'n'slash to it
but aside from the 2 xpacks which I already played, is there any single-player mod like it that doesn't require a dedicated server to play it?

but what about the ERP?

Tortured Hearts' supposed to have a really big world full of dungeons and shit, personally I couldn't really get into it but I suck at games so..

You could try Realms of Netheria here but it needs at least CEP 2.4. 2.6 will work too.
mdfnwn.servegame.com:5130

neverwintervault.org/cep

I'm going to make a new thread once this one falls further down the catalog and I'll try to get people to play on Netheria since its probably boring just going through HotU over and over.

i dont see it on nwnlist

That's because the servers aren't registered there. I'll pester the admin about doing that. For now, see

well i decided to look it up for specifics
id rather not play on a server that enables levels over 40, won't say why
if i was fine with it id likely be playing on higher ground

Making a new thread after the servers reset in 20 minutes or so

Downloading the CEP. Anyone trying out Netheria? Is it any good?

Where's the fresh bread at?

NEW BREAD
I just hope the mods dont throw a fit, these threads are slow because all the banter goes on in the game rather than the threads

Heya
Have been busy (christmas cleaning)
Today is another busy day, but hopefully i'll get it running this evening atleast (+2gm time here)

Why would mods throw a fit? Isn't it allowed to make a new thread when the old one hits bump limit, or must it be at the brink of death before it may be created anew?

*+2gmt time