Dauntless?

So apparently that trailer with the [Current Year] woman from the gay awards is a Monster Hunter clone if you go to their website and look at the really fucking short gameplay videos.
How does Holla Forums feel about this? I'm feeling really conflicted, on one hand, the art style is more of that same generic high-fantasy game artstyle we keep seeing and animations seem copy-pasted from Monster Hunter. But on the other hand, I want it to succeed at least enough so it puts some pressure on Capcom to release a Monster Hunter on PC before someone else corners the market.
Gameplay snippets for those interested:
playdauntless.com/wp-content/uploads/AetherAttacks.mp4
playdauntless.com/wp-content/uploads/PixelPerfect.mp4
playdauntless.com/wp-content/uploads/Combos.mp4

MonHunt clone? thought this was an ASSFAGGOTS looking at the shitty art.

Pretty much same opinion as you I guess. Artstyle is pretty generic and boring, but the gameplay looks neat enough that I would give it a try.

Why does this game use the same engine as Battleborn?
Everything looks ugly.

That's what I thought at first too. I didn't know it was any Monster Hunter clone until I saw it posted on a Monster Hunter forum.

Yeah, I signed up for the beta since it looks like it's worth at least trying for the gameplay.

MARKET RESEARCH SAYS GENERIC HIGH FANTASY WATERCOLOR STYLE IS IN, OKAY?

I thought you were exaggerating until I watched the videos.

Too many particle effects, big hits don't seem very impressive when every hit makes giant blue flames erupt. That said I'll probably keep an eye on it anyway since I like Monster Hunter.

Looks like Stilborn and doesn't have enough charm like Monster Hunter to hook me in, but I'll watch for this one.

Crapcom better shit out and port their old Monster Hunter games fast to the PC, this should be a warning to them missing out another potential market, but no faith on them.

The weapons seem a bit lifeless. The hammer in MonHun is orgasmic but that axe looks boring as fuck. It's generic as fuck, and the weapons don't look like they have any depth to them.
At least Toukiden had it's really cool rifle.

Not really. Monster Hunter is pretty much the name for hunting action games. This no name shit might scratch that itch for PC gamers, but if Capcom ever got over it's money allergy they could make a PC version of Monster Hunter and just take the market.

What makes people think this looks good artistically? I dont fucking get it.

I hope it only does well enough to make capcom release MonHun on PC. And then it dies once that happens.

PRAY TO POOGIE AND HOPE FOR MONHUN ONLINE

MATES
YOU GOTTA READ THE FINE PRINT.

FREE.
TO.
PLAY.

It won't be good.
It's a genre that BEGS for grinding. It's going to have pay to win features like [luck] potions that increase your drop rate, the more you spend the higher it will be.

Do not expect anything but shit from this.

free to play just means when they get money they can use it more than if it was buy to play

The art style is so fucking terrible.

On their forums they've said they're currently debating what to do with monetization and are open to suggestions. Most people are suggesting just cosmetics for microtransactions. So there's hope

How they are gonna monetize it is not the only problem.
Even if it's just cosmetics, they'll be tempted to make the game more grindy just so no paying customer might actually beat the game and move on.
Just look at Monster Hunter Frontier.

It will sell like hot cakes, shitty art style or not, p2w or not.
PC just doesn't have real, native Monhun alternative. None of those shitty vita ports can compare to a real, big platform game. And being MMO will only add to people's readiness to eat it up.

I'm just surprised it took them so long to see this opportunity.

I'm actually getting more of an Evolve vibe from this. Though the art style and theme is similar to many ASSFAGGOTS or something out of Blizzard though.

Making monhun clones are hard.
Also chances of it having actually good gameplay is still extremely slim.

high-fantasy is not an art style retard

Monster Hunter is actually a hard gameplay to replicate. Monster Hunter only comes out as frequently as it does because they've had more than a decade to perfect the basic framework that they've used for every game.
Trying to make Monster Hunter game from scratch isn't a college programming student kind of project.