FFXV has exceeded my expectations

I was skeptical at first since the demo was such shit but it's actually really good.

inb4 army of Holla Forums posters

Go shill somewhere else.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

NO LIGHTNING, NO BUY

Nice screenshot, are you on the way to battle Ra's al Ghul?

can we please ban everyone who actually bought this game day 1

The only way this game could be decent is if they port it to PC and allow modding so competent people could rework the combat system to not be one-button casual braindead SHIT

How is this shilling? It's the first real FF title in years, it's fucking awesome and there's no thread on it. You're just a stupid hipster faggot.

That would be Bravely Second.

Kill yourself you no taste shill

Oh look another shill thread with no substance besides 'eets a gud gayyme gaizz :^)"

Reminder that you're all of these if you dare to criticise my favorite game that I was paid to shill

you're delusional, its literally the worst game ever made

There is only so many times you can post one comic before it goes stale

Unless you're going to back up your statement with reasons as to 'why' the game is good, I'm going to implore you to examine my digits.

I can't seem to find my despite my best google fu. If you know the link or have it please upload so that I may save it for future posting.

Is final fantasy even turn based anymore or has it turned into a clone of monster hunter?

It's less linear than any previous FF title, the battle engine is way better than what was advertised (looked like it was going to be type 0 again) and it just looks and feels amazing. It could use a hard setting and the driving is a bit glitchy but other than that there's really nothing to complain about.

It has a "wait mode" that makes it turn based but for some reason they made it optional (you have to enable it) even though battles are retarded without it.

1, 2, 6, 12.

You're a shit shill.

That's the gayest thing I've seen all year.

Are there really only man as your party members?
Not a single vagina?

Fuck off, moron.

So you've played it then? Thought not moron.

Shoo shoo slimy shill
Shoo shoo slimy shill

A franchise that hasn't been good since the late 90s.
Maybe you were waiting. Honestly I feel like you'd be more at home on reddit or neogaf.

PC port when?

and they say there are never AAA made solely for women

anyone who doesn't buy my shitty game is dumb

wait, why is it Holla Forums to hate this. There are no niggers

It's probably shit but it's hard to get reasonable opinion considering most faggots seem to have decided it was GOTY or worst game ever well before release.

Only a few hours in but the story's about a prince with 3 friends taking him to get married so there's going to be at least 1 more female character, there's also a mechanic with nice tits.

I feel like you'd be more at home chasing pokemon around a bathhouse.

not enough traps?

Yeah, about that.

Neither of that characters join your party. The dragoon chick does for a single dungeon.

Cute, but you have nothing to back up that statement where as I can tell you right now your thread would be more successful on reddit or neogaf. No one here gives a fuck about Final Fantasy or your attempt to shill it.

What's going on here? Is the camera pulling away so you can't zoom in on the boobs?
Lets you get a good ass shot though.

It seems the level of your characters means jack shit in the game.

Holy shit, have you been taking shilling advice from the Overcucks?

If it costs money, you're not allowed to endorse it here, shill.
Go crack the game and provide a free download link if you want to praise it. The fuck is wrong with you?

Is he looking for a rape easter egg or something?

Well if the thread gets anchored guess I know who to thank.

You can always hide the thread. I hear wrapping tinfoil around your head keeps the greedy merchant boogeymen away too.

So there should be a year long moratorium on talking about it, just like with gtav? The fuck is wrong with you?

Trying to fit in Holla Forums :^]

Nah, I'm with you. Kinda like Wind Waker - best played at a slow pace, kind of zen. They definitely put a ton of effort toward making the "road trip" feel legitimate and the characters likeable.

My issues are more just nitpicks - one, the characters are very trope-y and not particularly realistic. Ignis is always perfectly calm and proper, Prompto is always a goofball (except for the Designated Scene where he isn't). Noctis is about a half a step in the emo direction from a completely silent protagonist. Gladiolus is the closest to a real human, if a somewhat boring one.

There is a LOT of driving for how little the characters talk to each other. Fortunately the programmers decided that having no dialogue was better than constantly repeating dialogue, but that doesn't change that the writers needed to write about ten times the number of conversations that they did for in-car chatter.

Similarly, there's actually very few enemy encounters and the only real way to gain money that I've found is the Hunts. Maybe there's something I'm missing but selling stuff for gold doesn't seem to get you nearly as much as finding all the Hunt listings and taking them out. Thankfully gas and fast-travel is cheap, but still - I'd like to build up some cash at some point and not be constantly strapped for it because I bought incrementally-better weapons for the entire team.

I can tell the random stormtrooper attacks were meant to alleviate the very combat-less overworld, but since they all jump down in a very tight group, one quick spell always ends the fight (and the highest level I've seen in any of those groups so far is… six).

Oh, and some places in the overworld are just perfectly 20-foot-tall walls of rocks you can't jump up that form perfect impenetrable barriers for what is effectively an outdoor dungeon. I like the outside dungeon conceptually, but not when it means trying to get from point A to point B requires following a wall for several in-game hours before being able to continue. If that doesn't make sense, try out the Deadeye hunt that gets you the chocobos and you'll see what I mean.

Upotte was garbage

Kek, it is shit and nothing you shills do will make me buy it. I hope it crashes the FF franchise once and for all.

Dubs thread? Dubs thread

The game is shit. Let's try some dub instead.

ah yes.
Shills on a message board not even listed on google searches.

I would believe there are shills on 4chan and reddit. But here?
You have to be some self-deluded sort of fag. I guess bravo on the huge amount of self-esteem but you do realize that you are literally on the asshole of the internet.
Nobody here is even in any considered demographic to be swayed into buying the game.

just get out user. you dont belong here.

Let's do this!

Guess you do it for free then, because all I see you doing is trying to convince everyone that this game is good. Clearly you want the game to be accepted here so you can have other anons buy/play it. But no, we aren't going to accept you and no matter how much you complain or scream, this is a dubs thread. Check 'em

So you're not shilling this is just shitty bait.
Extremely shitty bait.

For your trouble here's an even worse RPG than FF15.

Massive shill.

get out SE shill

Your downboat has been noted, samefag.
>>>/reddit/

Your paranoia is delicious.
That was my first post to the thread.
The hugbox here is real.
The only easier board to trigger here is Holla Forums.

Got to check them right

MMMMMM

errytiem

Is it true that the game plays itself mostly? That you hold a button and it does everything else automatically? Not asking OP since he's clearly biased and I haven't really been paying attention to the news about the game and such

I feel I will make some digits

We both failed. Clearly FFXV is a good game and we are idiots.

Lowest quality shill we had in a while

Although to be fair to this abortion it is at least sort of a RPG. Unlike FF15.
Do you remember JRPGs OP? They look and play sort of like this.

Also try not to use "we" and "us" so much, it's extremely pathetic.

Damn, guess that means I have to buy more hotpockets to shill this crap.

God I hope not. That was one of the worst problems with the FFXIII series.
I think XIII-3 did alright though in terms of combat system.

I do think we need to realize that pure turn-based RPG fighting is pretty much out the door. Square-Enix has at least said as much. That they wouldn't want to waste all that graphical design on what will be static models recycling an animation on a button press.

We don't like you
I'm speaking for all of us

this game is garbage but for some reason i enjoy it except for that creepy gay conversation with prompto on the roof of a hotel

samefag? who else am i in this thread?

you have to go back.

expln

Pretty good

The driving is like that and so far the battle is fairly simplistic though I can see how it's going to evolve and become more complex. How am I biased btw? Because a couple of knuckleheads called me shill?

Not really, no. You can hold down O to attack but you'll get your shit kicked in. You can hold down Square to dodge but if you don't mind your positioning you'll dodge out of one attack and into another and get your shit kicked in.

It's kind of like FF12 - if you oversummarize it, yeah, the game plays itself, but that's if you ignore all the stuff the player actually has to do (FF12 - set up all the gambits ahead of time, manage items and specific manual abilities; FF15 - call for ally abilities, teleport, use potions and antidotes, pick your allies up if they get wrecked).

Both games kind of take away the "mash X to attack" part and leave your focus on everything ELSE the battle requires.

you have this talk with prompto about when you first met as friends and how you didn't recognize him when you met in high school or whatever

So, this is the shitpost general, eh? Post boipussi

Is this a hidden mission?

Main story, I think.

it doesn't matter if it's boipussy, what matters if it doesn't look like one

Aw man, I tried to play Lightning Returns, again without knowing much about it, and while the gameplay was an improvement I dropped the game hard when I found out it the whole game's a timed mission, and also because random encounters were mostly pointless since they only give you item drops

I didn't read the rest of the thread, you just said the game's really good without explaining why

Ah, I still don't think it's for me then. Thanks for explaining anyway

hold a button do auto-dodge. hold a button to auto-attack. these are optional and often not the best way to play, but still pretty shitty tbh. theres also a wait mode which i hear makes things better.

the car is on rails. there are no female party members and the qt southern girl says shit like "gitr done" and "paw paw".

does anyone know if this game has an "order of operations" customization for party members? can i give them priorities like protect X if his health is below Y, use ranged attacks if enemy is at distance X, etc. use X ability on party member if health is below Y, use X on enemy if he is at level X or above.

i really enjoy games that require this to make a functioning team.. if im going to have 3 people on my team that i cant control, i'd like to be able to "program" them.

So why aren't you talking about how great the game is? Give in depth specifics. Really sell it to us. Instead of just acting passive aggressive and shitposty. Earn that paycheck.

so what, is this the new kingdom hearts, and is it coming to pc?

For real though. I enjoyed FFXIV and I hate MMOs. Squenix probably can do things right still, but I've seen nothing that proves to me that FFXV is a good game, while seeing tons of evidence to the contrary. If OP is a shill, he should do his job, or, if he truly is enjoying it, he should sell us on it. I'm with you on this.

Presumably you're biased by having actually played the game. Only conclusions based on analysis of advertising material are permitted here, not from actually playing games.

There's no Gambits-style customization as far as I know. There's only one ability that heals people (player-activated - I think it's called Stronghold or something like that, it's one of Ignis' called abilities), but otherwise all healing is done by opening the menu with R2, choosing the healing item, and telling a character to use it. Overall I haven't had an issue with the characters being "dumb" so far, but I'm only in Chapter 3, so who knows.

I'm with you for preferring programming, but your best bets for that are FF12, the first Dragon Age, and some of the more recent Dragon Quests let you pick an AI "type" that your party members can follow (though that's not so much programming as picking one style). There's also an early access game on Steam whose name I can't remember where you program your "hive" in Javascript to do things while you're away.

See

Also since the OP wasn't clear enough I'll say again: I'M ONLY A FEW FUCKING HOURS IN. Do you like jrpgs? Do you like FF, in general, as a franchise? Then it will meet your expectations, in my case it exceeded them. This user

gave you a goddamn blog post and you're still bitching.

Really? I found those very aspects of Lightning Returns to be the only redeeming qualities. The storyline was fucking just bullshit. I don't think anybody actually wrote that game. I feel like it was all made up on the fly.
The story of Lightning Returns felt like a parody of what a japanese RPG or anime would be.

The timed mission aspect had several factors to it: one, you could only do certain things on certain times of the day. two, you could sometimes only do certain missions on certain days. Three, there were ways you could slow or stop this flow of time and overall I enjoyed the ticking clock aspect. Put a sort of sense of urgency which is missing in most RPGs.
If you didn't finish the game in the amount of time you were given, however, it starts you over. But not from scratch. You basically go back to day one hour one but with all your earned stats and gear.

I also liked not needing to grind my way out of problems. Actually had to do the missions.

But to each their own, I guess.

damn SE isn't even putting effort on the shilling

I was more interested in knowing about the gameplay, just saying a better battle engine isn't a lot to go on and the other guy doesn't really talk about the combat mechanics

Oh do you keep your stuff if the game restarts? What about quests? I might try it again but I don't really want to go through the same missions over and over

shh
i
l

The quests also restart. Like I said, day one hour one. However, since you have your stuff and your level you can basically breeze through those early quests.
I found this out because I somehow fucked myself over and couldn't defeat Snow when I first encountered him.

Nice loaded questions. Before I thought you were a fanboy, now I'm honestly thinking you're a textbook shill.

Eat shit goon.

I OWN THE GAME AND YOU LIE

That's because Lightning Return is secretly a Valkyrie Profile game with an FF13 skin.

underrated slam
nicely done

I do like JRPGs and I used to really care about FF, but this game doesn't seem to be either of those. You sound like a battered wife whose deadbeat husband brought her some week old flowers from a dumpster. "See? Nothing has changed. He loves me as much as when we were young."

And you're autistic on top of all that, huh? Wew lad.

Jesus.

He's overleveled for those enemies - it's no different than mashing X in any turn-based JRPG to attack through low-level creeps.

Because that changes COMBAT MECHANICS
AUTO-TARGETING
AUTO-RUNNING
AUTO-COMBO
ALL THE SAME, SINGULAR BUTTON HOLD

How do you know he is overpowered?

Cripes, he's way overleveled. At 0:38 seconds Noctis' HP bar shows 1900HP (possibly 1400), meaning Noctis is probably level 25-30, possibly even higher. At 0:48 you can see the level over the goblin's head is… 1. Level 1.

Again, it's the equivalent of bringing your midgame party into a fight with a few Slimes in Dragon Quest, then mashing X until they're all dead. One button.

I might give it another go in the future then if I've got nothing else to play

Now see I liked Valkyrie Profile but in my mind it didn't have a timer, more like turns when you enter towns and dungeons instead of a real time clock

yea, i just enjoy the diversity in the customization of giving each character roles in combat.
that option could have sold this game to me, oh well

cmon user….

At least when you pull that shit in KH, you still have to run around and mash X on your own. There's no excuse for all that being done by holding down one button.

The fags are a bug causing two NPCs to spawn in the same place. Funny as hell though.

user, targeting, hitting and re-targeting enemies is part of any game. he literally holds O to run across the map and fight enemies. do you really not see the difference? even batman had more control over the combat.

No, I wasn't going to get it after the demo especially after already getting ripped off by type 0. Decided to get it after watching a review confirming turn based battle and like it so far, didn't expect to have to start a thread about it either. Can see now why nobody else has, not my fault these faggots don't have enough neetbux to buy a console.

Wew lad. Will this be the christmas you finally come out to your family?

That rabbit is really good at that game.

Op talks like an uninitiated faggot. The game looks lame as hell.

Type 0 is actually a decent game though. The translation is abominable but it's actually got decent depth and you know, has actual gameplay.

It's kingdom hearts if it had nothing that made kingdom hearts fun and literally played itself.

They probably gave him a shitty weapon for the demo. You're right, though - that does call into question how accurate the demo's stats are to the actual game.

The only thing I can do is say, as someone who has played the game and thinks it's pretty good if somewhat flawed, that if you do that in the actual game against enemies you don't hugely outlevel, you will get your shit kicked in. I'm level… 24? 25? Somewhere around there, and I can't even do that against level 12 enemies without them swarming me and knocking me down pretty hard.

I can see that complaint, yeah. I think the problem is that they made it very action-y (you can run away from an attack without holding the dedicated dodge button) but also held onto a couple of turn-based conventions, like running up to the enemy when you tell the character to attack. It's a weird hybrid. I just don't see it as a problem because the actual game will kick your ass if you try to only do that.

I love that rabbit

So its like XIII-3's combat except now with a party?

I know at least four people with a PS4 and nobody is interested in it. Two of the people are even normalfags who still had hope for the FFVII remake until they heard about stuff getting taken out for being offensive.

do all boybands follow a certain formula?

just look at how epic those moves are!

theres a difference between a shill and an actual professionally paid shill. for example fans of a specific product often shill for the things they like. people call them shills. companies also pay people to advertise their games in social media and message boards… those are also shills. "shill" is a proper term for either, usually people assume youre the 1st, but depending on tactics they might start assuming youre the 2nd.
note: giving reasons for why you like the product is hot to not be a shill. just saying "its good lol!" is just being a shill.

Yes. I assume you were lucky enough to miss that "craze?"

The horror of the boyband wars…

If you have to go there, you already lost.

The manga was so-so. Up to a point.

What were they cutting out? I thought they were keeping the crossdressing, and I don't remember anything else from FF7 that would risk getting cut in the CURRENT YEAR.

So OP makes a thread saying the game is good but then admits that he has only played a few hours and bases that it is "good" off of such little time? Shilling indeed.

Source? I swear to god if it's on sadpanda I'm going to tell your mom :^)

would you say the same if you added switching between auto attack and auto dodge? or just by holding auto attack… because ive seen some gameplay footage of people beating similarly leveled enemies by only using auto-attack/dodge buttons and switching between the 2.

ps4 has some decent titles right now. but like with anything else, when im not playing those titles, its collecting dust. right now im not playing any PC games so its collecting dust at home.

I've not played any of the FF13 games, so I'd need to do more research, but at first glance at a combat tutorial for it on Youtube, it appears similar to 13-3, yes, but faster, more action-y, without the class-switching, and with (obviously) a party boyband.

Well, that didn' take long.

So are you saying it feels and plays like Dragonquest, Chrono Trigger/Cross, the Mana series, the early FF games or FF9, Illusion of Gaia, etc.? Are you saying it is secretly a classic JRPG under the hood? Is it at all whimsical? Does the game have fantastic races? Moogles? A turned-based combat system?

I think it would be possible, assuming a) you're not getting swarmed up on and b) your allies are doing most/all of the work for you. Because it's possible to dodge out of one attack and into another by a different enemy, at least in my experience. I'd need to do a dedicated fight just holding Square to make sure I'm right on that, though.

Noctis' primary role in the fight seems to be somewhere between commander and rogue. You call for big powerful attacks by your allies and remind them to heal themselves (and help them recover if they're at 0HP), but your instant-to-instant gameplay is mostly trying to get behind opponents for blindstrikes, and teleporting away and then back in for long-range, hard-hitting teleport strikes. You CAN stand in the fray with your allies, but at least so far that seems less effective.

Actually, it kind of reminds me of Shulk in Xenoblade.

I guess the actual phrasing was "toned down." Even then, people still aren't happy about it.

I wasn't talking about the PS4 as a console. I was talking about FFXV. These are the kind of people who play CoD and played the Lightning FF games. They don't have gaming PCs or anything, and they're about as mainstream as you can get, going so far as to bring up how great the PS4 is in almost every interaction I have with them, but even they don't care about FFXV.

pretty upsetting tbh. this game could have really benefited from being able to give your allies orders of operation before battle, so atleast their victories feel like yours because you told them who to attack and how.

sounds like you can win most fights from alternating between holding square and circle depending on if youre about to be hit or not.

Saw a video where someone took off in the Noctis, hit a lamppost and crashed. Unfortunately I can't find the video anymore.

I don't normally make OPs and the fact there wasn't already one on this 3 days after release isn't my fault. Ffs weeks either side of MGS5 this place was busting at the seams with anons competing to felated that overrated garbage fire.

So does this it's just taking time to develop, like with every other game. Switching between weapons + delegating moves to your party during battle is necessary for higher level enemies.

You're projecting. If you weren't butthurt you would have just hidden this thread an hour ago.

>>>/facebook/

Thank you for correcting the record.

Nigger I'm goddamn far from rich just prefer spending what money I do have on vidya, including consoles since I'd rather play an Arkham Knight or gta rather than stamping my feet and sobbing about some shitty failed port. This thread reminds me of all the pseudo nu/pol/ack cancer bitching about how some alt right guy didn't sieg heil well enough to their satisfaction.

Read the thread ffs. It's a standalone whimsical jrpg with non-mandatory turn based battle.

No it isn't. Why is it so hard to understand that he's talking about the mechanics?
All your actions fall to holding a button for the actual combat/dodging to be done for you.
If you want to argue that there's more to it that, then actually make that fucking argument. Don't ignore it and make false equivalences that completely miss the bloody point.

If you want to talk about rough equivalences, it's like if an RPG only had an auto-resolve option in place of choosing what skill your character would do.

This is the most blatant shill thread I've seen in a while. "I'm still near the beginning of the game, but you should all buy this game, fellow anons!"
Maybe Neogaf or Gamefaqs will swallow your garbage, why don't you go there.

MY FUCKING ASS IT'S WHIMSICAL
When I say turned-based I mean is it like this

You keep talking about "if you only do that" but you aren't saying a thing about what other things you can supposidly do. Some aspects of the combat that are a mystery to everyone else here.
This is why you're getting fucking no where. Start explaining already if there is something we are missing.

I'm having a grand time mocking you. I could do this all day, and unlike you I'm not even getting paid for it I do it for fun_.

See:

where I explain that holding the attack button doesn't work in the main game, et cetera, et cetera. I made the arguments. You just didn't read them.

Fuck, Car is called the Regalia. Shows how much I know about the game.

You're making a lot of excuses for a game that plays itself

see:

where I point out the attacking from behind, the teleporting, the calling for allies to act, and the use of items. Again, please learn to read. Or at least to catch up on the thread before replying to a single post that offends you.

MGSV is leaning towards shit, but you're delusional if you think this is better than MGSV when you've only played a few fucking hours of FFXV.

That…may actually be worse than one button gameplay.

I'm coming in her and trying to give you the benefit of a doubt, then you bust out the fucking facebook fallacy. Most of us have to deal with people at family gatherings, whether we like it or not. I know your thread isn't going the way you want, but you being a dumb nigger is only making it worse and driving more people away from actually discussing the game.

You're arguing against holding the attack button throughout an entire fight.
I am, once again, talking about having all depth of the actual attacking and defending/dodging taken away from you because it is automatic.
You are still not understanding.

Isn't that the nickname of one of the new mods? It would explain a lot

It would be nice if /monster/ updated that thing

most of my IRL friends that play on PS4 fall into 2 categories , either they exclusively play fifa with every now and then one of them touching COD, or they play decent games like bloodborne and some weeb titles.
but most of my PC gamer friends IRL exclusively play LOL or candy crush which is worse.
im the only person i know that mostly uses his PC for modded doom and ps2 emulation. i dont know a single pc gamer that doesnt exclusively play trash while i know (literally only 2) people that play decent ps4 games. but 2>0.
funny how that works.

the entire market is filled with those casuals, its no wonder games like FFXV are tailored for them

this could be good IF they let you tailor exactly how your allies fight. but you cant.

Part of his name yeah, and he's known for betting a shitter.

Because you're acting as though those two buttons are the entire depth of the goddamn gameplay. It's like complaining that Dragon Quest is simplistic because all you do is attack or run, with no regard to magic, or multiple characters acting together, or anything else. You're ignoring half - hell, the majority - of the gameplay to bitch about one part of it that, yes, seems simplistic if you ignore literally everything else.

OP needs to be beaten up. Tired of casuals shitting this board up

ONE BUTTON COMBAT. Type fucking Zero had 4 attacks, one per face button, a dodge, unlimited character swapping (14 playable characters per mission, all free to swap in and out at any time), giant summons you actually PLAY as, not just watch, RTS segments and an actual old school world map.

It's by no means a perfect or even great game but it miles above 15.

That fag's the one who banned me for posting the full image of pic related. Even though it was a thread that he immediately bumplocked afterwards, followed by Mark deleting the thread half an hour later.

Why are you faggots even bumping this thread? Let OP wallow in his own faggotry.

People like yelling at shills.

This enitre board is overtaken by casuals dude. He needs to be reprimanded.

Look at the shitty Overwatch threads. I mean for fuck sake you may as well talk about LoL while your'e at it.

Trust me, I'm not defending those people or arguing platform superiority. I'm just saying that I know people on both the FIFA/CoD end of the spectrum and the Bloodborne end, but neither have any interest in FFXV.

No which is why I was reluctant to get it. "Wait mode" is decent though and continues to grow on me.

Lighten up it was a joke.

The Overwatch threads are going the way of Tumblrtale, it's like 10 guys circlejerking about any patch or update that comes up.

Are you really fucking seriously, user? Really?

And no, it's like what I already bloody said.
It's like if the actual choices you make in the skills you use were taken away from you and were automatically chosen and done when you attack.
I'm not ignoring the other half of what you say, I'm saying that the other half that goes with it was removed. What is so hard to understand about that?

In other words the FF12 gambit system or the tactics from Dragon Quest. You know games that were made by the same company that made this one. Did they forget? I think SE needs to stop "innovating" and go back to basics for a while.

isnt magic just 1 button presses on a quick select menu?
besides the simplified attack/dodge and magic. what else is there? (thats actually required of you)
mass effect 2 has alot of options for combat, but you can easily run through the game on the hardest difficulty without touching the abilities or managing your allies.

agreed. they try to please everybody and end up pleasing nobody. they want to bring in new fans by alienating their original fanbase.
the only person i know interested is a girl that thinks KH (a game she never played, but pretends she did) is the best game in the world

mgs5 wasnt bad for a tech demo. that engine and the gameplay was pretty fun to mess around with, and the range of ways to play a mission made it fun. it also had good controls.

I'm sorry that you didn't like my post, user who's spending his time damage controlling a game that he's barely scratched the surface! Hopefully you'll understand that people don't actually like your shit game soon.

I honestly don't understand how anyone who is not intent on casualizing vidya consciously or not defend railroading gameplay features.

An abundance of QTEs, main sections with forced stealth and the most basic hide and seek mechanics that drag on for too long, one button stealth takedowns, an empty open world with menial sidequests, """cinematic""" gameplay with over-scripted and linear sequences, terrible fucking camera and chaotic battles where you can barely even tell what's going, extremely linear car driving, fail states on tail mission types etc. is what people call good nowadays? OK.

This is the last game I ever thought would be defended on Holla Forums of all places. It represents all that's wrong with modern gaming, and even worse, it's japs once again chasing after western trends.

And how many you see "defending" it user

Think

I've spent hours attacking you user. I actually haven't said one word about FFXV. Mocking you is my entire purpose in this thread.

Maybe because ofhow easily that pic can kill a thread. See

Obvious shill is obvious

c-c-c-c-champ

GET TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE FOLKS

I think the problem is that I'm coming from it as a modified turn-based game - where "running into range as part of the attack" is a given - and you're approaching it as a pure action game, where "attack" means "swing my weapon right now, regardless of what is in front of me," but this game is a hybrid between the two so if you expect 100% of one or the other, those expectations will not be met.

If you hold the attack button, the action game players are dismayed because your character will move into range and attack. If you hold it down at the wrong time and aren't ready to dodge an attack, turn-based players are going to be dismayed because the game requires timing, reading your opponents' movements and reacting quickly and accordingly.

There, is your autism sated?

I actually usually avoid magic except under very specific circumstances. One, you equip it like a weapon and can switch to it in battle with the D-Pad. Then when you hold the attack button, a target reticule comes up to give you an idea where it's going to be cast (time isn't stopped for this BTW). When you let go, Noctis uses the magic. Fairly straightforward, but also a pain because it does AoE damage, friendly fire is on, and it makes that part of the battlefield damaging to go into (lights it on fire, leaves electricity crackling, or is just really fucking cold). So you can't cast it into the fray from a distance because you'll hit your teammates, you can't cast it somewhere where you need to be able to move through, and there's a limited amount of it until you recharge from the ore veins.

That leaves one specific instance where I'll use it: in Chapter 3, Imperial ships will start coming after you, initiating functionally random battles by dropping a bunch of low-level grunts nearby. They all jump out of the ships at the same spot, at roughly the same time, and some distance from the party, so it makes it the perfect occasion to use whatever spell I have handy to trash them and effectively skip the fight (though that will probably stop working once I finally advance the story and they presumably start sending harder enemies at me).

I'm sure he just jumped in without reading the thread, because he was outraged by OP. I'm sure the post count is pretty high at this point, which is probably a little misleading.

I'll start

You could go back to reddit, nintendont

How does it feel to know your executives might panic when this game crashes, and burns Mr. Shillmeister Goldenstein?

Thats some pretty low hanging bait you got there m8. Besides, doesn't reddit love this game?

If the thread is bumplocked, though, I consider that free reign to shitpost. If the mods think it's a shit thread, then why care? Any other circumstance, understandable, but premature bumplocks are an admission of a shit thread.

I agree.
After playing 2 hours at a mates house it exceded by far everything I epected it to be.
It seldom happens that a piece of software touches me on such a deep level.
The utter disgust and rage I felt while "playing" it will fill me for the next couple days at the least.
It's one of the most mind-numbing and simply stupid pieces of software concieved by mankind.
How anyone on gods gracious earth can buy, let alone defend this piece of waste should be far beyond huiman comprehension.
Thank god my mate sold it one the next day to some other poor sod.
playing means wasted

rollin'

Either you roll or fuck off. This thread deserves to die.

YOLO

Shit, if that's how marketing is, I need to switch careers, that sounds like fun.

Fuck it, I'm tired of arguing about the game. Let's roll.

Self Roll

Don't know, but you sound like a redditor seeing you know what they like. Take your pill and go back home.

Well, if someone posted it anyway, might as well roll.

In the words of the great poet,
"Breath in, now breath out.
Hands up, now hands down.
Back up, back up.
Tell me what you're gonna do now.
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'."
-Will I. Am Chuckspear

I am asking you m8, you sure seem to know what reddit likes and that I am somehow a nintendo fan. But I will take the daily dose, even if you are a shit doctor.

Cmon, lets see what I get.

Only thing I can say about it, is that I'm actually surprised with how almost not shit it turned out. The story is still unbelievable crap, but the gameplay is somewhat interesting, females are actually sexy and have tits unlike the hipless and flatchested bitches from garbage like XIII, a mostly male-dominated story, feminists and libs hate it, the story while mediocre actually has a more down to earth vibe in trying to feel like a road movie and the ending/boss is devoid of Square's usual in your face philosophical/political/religious/irreligious/surreal/psychological shit and it actually tries something that hasn't been done since the older games. "Maybe this is a step in the right direction?" is what I would like to say, but knowing the fucks at Square this was likely just a mistake that turned out decent. And you can't blame me for hating them; after years of shitty XIII garbage and spinoffs/sequels/remakes/adaptations of XIII and past games, as well as that recent shitty movie they made, they are likely still obnoxious and pretentious hacks who can't write for shit and can't think too far ahead. But who knows, maybe the remaining deadbeats will keel over and get killed and be replaced by people worth a damn. Specifically the retards managing the Western branch of SE and their American twitter account. If anyone kills those fucks at least, I will shill whatever shit SE pops out for 1 whole year without trying to vomit.

Cheap bait. Kill yourself waifufag.

Anyone worth a damn knows FF is shit 85% of the time, not just Holla Forums you silly queer.

This essentially. Bravely Second was everything FF should strive to be rather than the weird teenage-themed emo stage its been stagnating after XII was made and they kept putting more focus on VII.

I wonder what I'll get…

Tell your fellow redditors your experience here and never come back.

Was Bravely Second good? I didn't manage to finish the first one (though I did get all characters and classes maxed out), but the second one looked pretty uninteresting.

Rollan'

At least try with your shitty bait

Again it's not my fault nobody else made a thread just like it's not my fault this board is infested with spergs whose crippling autism has them believing only jews own playstations. Also notice nobody shitting on it can name a better current release jrpg. Witcher 3 and MSG5? Genius! FF15? Meh. If there isn't already a board you dipshits should go make one.

Well shit… I hope the sex was at least good…

Guess something happened in Nintendo land seeing all this meta shilling.

Oh shit ebin-Finland-bear and it's a bi, fuck.

I don't think the meds are working. Kill youself instead.

Not really. I just confused it with Bravely Default. Bravely Second is awkward most of the time, uses too many familiar FF cliches and fucking memes.

I said I was confused alright? I confused Bravely Second for Bravely Default. And fuck the american branches anyway. And fuck Nintendo in general.

I could have done worse.

I didn't see anyone say that MGSV was a masterpiece. In fact, most people seemed really disappointed by it, but not as disappointed as they were with FFXV. Did anyone even bring up Witcher?

You're a good man.

The game is pretty decent if you want an FF5 clone. BD is worse than BS in my opinion it makes you do the fucking loop five times while Bravely Second starts a second loop then immediately diverges.

That's a really cool sweater.

I'm not looking at it purely as an action game. I've given the example 2 times already at this point but I'll give it again.
My point is that the depth in the actions you take is little.

How many turned based games have you played where the action of the only character you control is limited to getting into range an generically "attacking" or generically "dodging"?
You get to choose your which attack you use. You get to do the action action with your own timing, setup for another skill, choose an attack to do the kind of thing you want, etc. All that.
There is your choice to attack, and there is the depth/specifics of your execution and planning. I am not seeing the latter in FFXV to any substantial degree beyond positioning, because attacks and dodges are automatic.

That is what the case of holding a button down to wipe out weak mobs served to illustrate. Not that you can win any fight like that, but that details of the action is done for you.
In an action hybrid that may be doing combos yourself. (It actuality it could be a mixture of that and actually casting skills, because there are plenty of examples of that already. Kingdom Hearts being one)
In a regular RPG that's simply choosing the skill you utilize.

Perhaps the other half of RPGs is there (builds, party choice/customization, etc), I'm not sure since you haven't gone into the utmost detail about, but the other half is butchered. If there is something on that half that is missing here or being misunderstood, that is what you should be clarifying.

So your own misunderstanding and running in circles is now autism on my part, huh?
You're not doing yourself any favors being passive aggressive in the face of your own mistakes..

I meant A Realm Reborn. I totally forgot how bad they botched it though. Holy shit. Good times. Good times.

For what purpose? They couldn't do something else?

No but both those games had literally dozens of threads with a majority positive response and nobody calling OP a shill for posting about them. Both also had 10/10 ratings on ign.

Some thing happened with X-2 and Lightning Returns.

rolling

I don't get why either, but this time it's not as bad, it doesn't make you do the same dungeons and fight the same bosses after the first cutscene. However, each side quest has two ending, each leading you to an asterix from BD which if you want all the jobs, the loop forces you to do each one twice, and fight the other boss in the end.

10-2's battle system is actually good though. It's just everything else that is trash.

Where have you been. There has been one FF15 thread or another up for the past several days. The general consensus from everyone has been "meh" to deep abiding hate with a few dissenting "it didn't disappoint me as much as I thought it would." It's not our fault that you are late to the party.

It was the disgusting point of no return.

Can't salvage the story since the first part was shit anyways. The gameplay helped a lot though. Might be a recurring theme with SE's horrible start but a nice bang at the end of their sequels. Not sure why they can't put that skill into their first game.

I agree. X-2 would have been a solid title, if it weren't, well, X-2. The core was great, but the characters, story, and setting kinda screwed it.
I still had fun though.

I am basically retarded. Yes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FOR FREE
Made my day.

STOP DERAILING THE THREAD

I got Goblin and Deku Princess. :C

fuck outta here normalpoof

Let me anger some faggots

Switch will not handle FFXV. Switch will have no AAA games.

As a matter of fact I can. And one by the same company too. I mean it's only a JRPG in a very loose sense of the word but it's more of one than Final Faggotry Fifteen is. It also happens to be a good game too. Builders is comfy as shit and it feels in part like what an old JRPG should.
I've also heard some good things about World of Final Fantasy. Not played it so I don't know myself.

What does that have to do with anything?

and you call yourself a spammer.

there's five that I can think of
other than dead fiance who's in every flashback, none of them have more than like what, fifteen, twenty minutes of screentime?

Hey user do you wanna know why your thread died in a fiery inferno of shitposting? It's shit like this. Just look at your first response to this thread, you called anyone disagreeing with you a bunch of "hipster faggots".
This thread never had a chance.
And it's 100% YOUR fault.

What makes it good, OP?

Post XV pics from your lewd folder.

How does that trigger people when we agree with you?

y-you're back
we missed you

Who?

Lets go

HUELING

Yeah but this game is trying to be ACTION ORIENTED, like Zelda or Dark Souls or DMC. In games like that, you shouldn't be able to auto anything that would normally require a basic amount of input on the player's part. Octorocs, undead soldiers, and those puppet fucks are easy to destroy when your character is decked out with all the best gear and moves, but they still require that you do what is fundamentally necessary to destroy them.

SO FUCK YOU, SHILL.

The third picture was a character named Lori from The Loud House. Nice trips, by the way.

You sound like the "I am aware, yes" guy

Holy shit, ye-
And now I don't care anymore

I'm not the only one who post Shota link. We are many.

you know what i'm /fit/ and most of the world is either fat, skinnyfat or too poor to be any of the other 2.
Jackpot, i win. i have a waifu and eternal life

R O L L A N

I dont think anyone else in this thread can beat my roll

What took you so long?
Rolling rolling rolling

i got the /christian/ girl and a submissive green haired fairy that will grant me immortality
you wanna dance faggot?

I will continue to hate this game until it's on PC and I can actually play it.

I don't like the idea of missing out on decent games because they're being held hostage by shitty consoles, so it's comforting to assume they're shit.

You angered me alright

I thought it was that blonde girl from Totally Spies.

World of Final Fantasy came out a month before though.

the airhead whore?
shit taste my man

Aw well. Quality cutie.

SE try harder to shill next.

But who knows what kind of combat it may be

Last pic looks like Celcia from Those Who Hunt Elves.

I never even watch the show Except for a few episodes when I was little. Sheit negro, don't be giving a brother a hard time for trying to make you hard.

I got Sheik/Zelda and Medusa. Pretty good as fighters, though I am not going to be pegged by any dick.

No I called one user a hipster faggot. Probably wears suspenders and reeks of moustache wax.

It's similiar enough to previous FF that it's comfy af but different enough not to feel like rehashed tripe. Several throwbacks to the older games too including music playlists.

Hey so is there going to be a PC port of this game? The least those faggots at SE could do is give me an indefinite demo before I decide their product is worth a monetary transaction.

It's the kind of combat only the 5% strongest win
and i think i am part of that

CDi Zelda is best Zelda. I want to ram her in her smug face.

I got the gargoyle so you guys automatically lose

Tron a best

The demo is pure shit, like it was made intentionally to put people off the game.

Nah, but The Loud House is a fetish show too. If your fetish is hardcore Aryan incest. It was made by the dude responsible for pic related.

I'll never be that much of a hero.

if you're a file size autist like me i got just the thing

People need to post their lewd shit. Posting lewds should be mandatory to do to every shit thread. Why does Mark hate porn? Why isn't there porn everywhere like there used to be? Where is ass autist? I thought that Trump getting elected would fix everything.

POST PORN YOU FAGGOTS, I DON'T WANT TO BE IN THIS FIGHT ALONE!

What I'm saying is that you made a thread with that you HAD TO KNOW would rub a sizable portion of Holla Forums the wrong way then spent 20 some odd posts being cunty. If this whole thread was meant as bait then congrats you caught a bunch of us, but if it was meant to engender actual discussion then you fucked up big time.

whoops i downloaded the second image twice

thefeelofavideogame, I know you're in this thread, you colossal faggot. Stop trying to shill FFXV and stay on your tumblr circlejerk with your followers.

New gameplay, Mario is finished.

Helping with these, got an appointment soon.

Only if it's on topic. I have standards.

rolle

Just call them size queens

I hate things that are popular based on the singular fact that they are popular.

At least I don't damage the industry as much as a shill, right fellow gamers? :^)

What are you, gay?

THREAD IS OVER
OP WAS FAGGOT
HE MAY COME FROM BATHHOUSE

If we all get banned, it's been an honor getting lewd with you gentlemen.

Is XV challenging at all? That's my biggest concern about it.

Bravely Second's cast are all one-dimensional characters and full of anime tropes. The story is retarded, and most of the classes are boring. Not to mention the loops in Default aren't as bad as people claim they are.

By the way, this entire thread was still a better game than FFXV is.

Thread's over buddy

Naw, turn the other cheek is for /christian/. I don't like being called a shill especially when my only crime was not titling the thread LMAO GUIZE FF15 is so gay I can't even xD

Rollan

Go back to your tumblr, you walking anal prolapse. I know that's you, thefeelofavideogame, you're the only one who likes FFXV

You know what I also hate? Bad games.

It was pretty brave of those devs to pad the everliving fuck out of that piece of overrated shit.

You know, in the [CURRENT YEAR] it doesn't matter whether or not a game is good. The game's sales figures are the only thing that matters. If people buy it, it's successful. Is this game breaking sales records or not?

Tell me something user, what's the gender of that butthole?

I'm a console pleb, actually, but that's a nice try to be smug, you useless contrarian. It's hard to pull it off when you're the one who's doing it for free.

Female but you shouldn't have to ask.

I always get fucked at these, but wathever

Wait who's that chick?

That doesn't look too bad m80, you get to have an orgy with yourself and some chick

roll

roll

4th is Roll.exe from the Mega Man Battle Network games.

Everyone knows you play AAA games in secret and then talk about it 5 years later when you can't be accused of being a shill. Although if its on sale that still may happen.

Get with the times!

Holy shit how can one game assblast so many autists?

wong.
the only aa game i bought in the last decade was forza horizon 3 and it was because i'm a retard and fell for the shills
Before that it was half-life 2 and GTA San Andreas

sup op's proxy

Can you even use proxies in here

Now you just sound like a newfag

just to prove im not OP

You could perfectly be merely pretending.

ROLLAN

ROLL

Rollan

Roll

And MGSV doesn't have gameplay? What the fuck is a video game to you?

This is the open combat mode for the game, you realize that. It's something you play through while the game is loading.

I can't decide which is better, flat or medium-sized with shape tits

They actually banned me.
wwwewww