Successful indie games & Indie Devs /FNAF decision

Is Scott cawthon the most successful indie dev in the history of gaming or is he one of the few indie Devs that know how run a business?
nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/young-adult-paperback/?module=DropDownNav&action=click®ion=navbar&contentCollection=Books&version=Childrens&referrer&pgtype=Reference&_r=0

Archive.is first

Has it made more money than minecraft yet?

It never will. Minecraft had the multi-billion dollar Microsoft buyout, console releases and a Lego license.

No, he was just smart enough to realize furfags are the fetish demographic with the biggest pockets.
Also Desolate Hope 2 when?

I need the next big idea. Something relatable, emotional, but appeals to tismlords and ADHKids.
How about a game where you have to do chores around a house, but the house is a space station and the chores give you money to upgrade your house block by block, choosing whether to do one good thing or a bad thing, with bad things giving you more money? Plus, there would be aliens that pander to furfags and a "2deep4u" story arc.

It sounds nice, but not like "the next big thing."
Go for it if you're serious.

I can't get over that damn dog face. Look at it, it's just so silly.

I mean, it is a story about a serial killer in pizzarea who stuff his victims remains in child suits who was actually a skinsuit worn A.I developed by the other jew for capturing children to sell off on the black market in an entire facility underground leading to multiple business locations.

And you know, the tunnels in podetza's setup.

It could. Depending how well the movie does. We could actually see real world FNAF theme parks and restaurants.

He trying to warn us?

That foxy. He a fox not a dog.

NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

I doubt it, it seems like the popularity is dying out after the RPG doing poorly and nobody really caring about the recent game

I think he's just the luckiest man in the world for having youtubers pick up on his game.

Sure the first game is good but it wouldn't have had the traction it has if not for those low effort "content creators"

It could potentially become lolfuckhuge if the IP got bought out by Chuck E. Cheese and they retooled all their restaurants to the light-and-cartoony version of the FNAF theme (or the dark-and-edgy version to bring in the preteen demographic).

Yeah, it's definitely this. He's taking advantage of the short window of popularity that FNAF has, and milking it for every fucking cent that it's worth. In five years, it'll be done and over with and nobody will be talking about it anymore, and unlike pretty much ALL devs, he knows it. Literally the only difference between this and the Slenderman game was marketing.

Kind of makes you wonder why more flash-in-the-pan popular devs don't do this same sort of thing. How come the guy who made Undertale didn't launch a giant merchandise empire while the iron was hot? I find it extremely hard to believe that most people, when presented with a choice between "don't sell out your soul" and "make tens of millions of dollars before you hit 30 years old", would take the former option.

Tobby fox rather get into twitter drama fights with fans than become marketing giant toy empire.

Is it honestly worth it? FNAF I mean. I've been on the fence for ages whether I should play it.
I'm a huge Survival Horror/Horror Fan, so is it fun gameplay wise (Lore wise I'll just watch videos)

As long as it means we get more stuff like Desolate Hope I don't care what he does with the FNAF series.

those are already out I saw them at FUCKING EBGAMES

It's the horror genre's version of junk food. Cheap, you know you have better options but it gives you a cheap fix. If you don't care for lore just play 1,3 and SL.

1 is the basic gameplay but doesn't go full Repetitive Stress syndrome like 2, 3 shakes up the basic gameplay enough to warrant a play through and SL is more like a point and click adventure with and unlockable super version of 1's gameplay with the good parts of all the other games

I'm sold as an OG Alone in The Dark fan.

Before you get excited, it's extremely linear and only has two endings.

what ever happened to fnaf world
its the one you never hear about

He did two big updates on it after making it free, the 2nd one basically being a big playable teaser for SL. It never became anywhere as good as The Desolate Hope