Prey

Didn't see a thread about this so I'm making one.

Trailer here:
gameinformer.com/p/prey.aspx
someone make a webm because I'm a lazy nigger.

I've watched the trailer and the game looks much, much better than what was previously shown, and the presence of a grid inventory is welcome. However, I'm still far from impressed.

That being said, the art direction looks like complete shit. Everything looks like trash, from weapons, environments, devices, to enemies, both alien and robot alike. The departure of Viktor Antonov from Arkane is really felt here, everything looks completely fucking bland, like the most generic space station imaginable, weapons are just "generic pistol" and "generic shotgun" with a shitty LED bullet counter on top for MUH IMMERSHUN, and the more sci-fi equipment looks like a clusterfuck.

Also, the aliens are all differently sized variants of ink blobs, and I can already see how fucking annoying it will get to constantly get ambushed by the "mimics" once the initial fear (or lack thereof) wanes. The phantom ones or whatever the fuck they're called look equally annoying to fight, the fight in the trailer basically being one gigantic clusterfuck. Hopefully there's more enemy variety than shitty ink blobs from outer space and retarded looking robots.

The powers and weapons look interesting, as do their uses and combinations, but it remains to be seen how well balanced the gameplay will be considering how potent most of them look (especially the recycling bomb), or how much synergy there is. They also keep giving emphasis to crafting so here's hoping it won't completely break the game like it does in anything Bethesda related.

Not an open world bounty hunter game = trash.

Go shill somewhere else.

Go be a nigger someplace else.

I thought it was Bioshock at first.

As soon as i watched first minutes of trailers i've seen its a bioshock clone. Fuck it.

It might as well be. They keep mentioning "systems", which is nice, and all the gimmicks they've put in the game, but none of that is gonna matter if you can just go through the whole game abusing the next implementation of wrench+electricity you had in Bioshock 1.

Also, there little mention of the story, so I'm guessing even they aren't all that proud of it, nor can I understand the point of having a male and female choice for protagonist, especially since the MC is voiced and the game is in first person. Seems like a complete waste of resources to pander to the CURRENT YEAR crowd.

Also, all the human models look like ass.

Part of me wishes this game is still in development just not as a prey game. Of course it isnt though.

Human Head is pretty much kill after Bethesda gutted them and likely stole all their technology, assets and code. All they've been making since is ports and shitty bargain bin games.

It reminds me more of Doom 3 than Prey.

I hope that matter mimic ability is very versatile than just "turn into mug to go through small openings" shit.

If I can't turn into a mug, fill myself with hot coffee and lift myself up to throw into an alien's face, then I'd be very disappointed. Probably can't turn into a barrel and roll to trip enemies over myself.

From what I gather you can turn into shit to go through small openings, sneak past enemies (I guess the AI is too retarded to question why a grenade is rolling around on its own) and likely to hide from pursuing enemies or set up ambushes yourself.

That being said, it still looks stupid as fuck. Is the player going to carry some small object in the inventory for the whole game he can use to morph into when the necessity arises?

I just can't bring myself to care about it. They took a really unique open world bounty hunting game, and turned it into a Bioshock knockoff with one of the worst art directions I've ever seen.

You idiots, its all scripted. "here's a switch in the other room, try to figure out that you need to turn into the small object to get there", "here's a fire that you need to stop with glue gun", "heres a giant enemy that you can kill only by throwing big objects and grenades".

And all enemies in that "trailer" following the scripts of said trailer. So they probably won't really surprise you on second or third playtrhough.

Its basically Alien Isolation but with multiple fixed position aliens and bioshock powers. I bet it will be less fun that half-life 2 with their gimmick gravity gun, its like zombies and sawblades of rivenholm, gimmick features that fill entire game.

fuck you faggot the gravity gun was good fun to use

It's more likely that it will follow the same philosophy of Human Revolutions, where the developers put together a few clear, artificial paths you can chose from in an attempt to ape the emergent gameplay of Deus Ex. I don't think Arkane still has the magic touch to make diverse gameplay choices feel natural and genuine. Considering they're clearly aiming for the normalfag audience the easiest way will always be to simply shoot at everything or the available paths will be so obviously pointed out to you even a moron couldn't miss them.

That's a retarded claim to make. It's obvious that you can damage the big turd with weapons too, but it just looks like one big damage sponge there to punish the player for choosing to use the alien powers. It's the same shitty deal they had going with Dishonored, where trying to have fun in the game resulted in the "bad" ending.

Depending on how annoying the enemies are I can pretty much see players opting out from going down the alien power branch just to avoid spawning powerful enemies they'd have to waste resources on.

They claim the mimics will be able to turn into objects dynamically and populate previously visited areas as static objects to ambush you. This, to me, sounds like a lazy excuse to justify respawning enemies in previously visited areas of the station. And like I said before, hitting every interactive object with your wrench to verify if it's a disguised enemy will get old very fast.

Why go out of your way to compare it to Isolation when it's clear it's just another anemic, watered down System Shock clone mostly lacking in the complexity and diversity of said game?

True in that regard. Most of the shown features look like gimmicks no one will bother using because the character will be so overpowered there will be no need to bother. You're also very likely to be swimming in resources to the point you never have to think about managing or conserving them.

This is still alive? Christ. I thought it died years ago.

Sadly this.

Looks like any other mediocre console shooter.
Ñomrlafags will love it because its not Call of Duty or Battlefield though.

People still harp on this shit?
It's not a "bad" ending. It's the proper ending.
If you kill a bunch of people, the game turns into a story about revenge. Play Corvo has a very angry dude with some very angry metal bits to stick in some very stupid people. What kind of ending did you expect? A very angry Corvo next to a very angry Emmily because someone made her mother very, VERY dead.
It's the perfect ending.

If anything, the "pacifist" ending is the worst:
Fucking hippie bullshit. No wonder that's the ending for pacifist playthrought: you play like a fag, you get the fag ending.

Still looks a lot less boring than the original prey though.

I wonder if your bait is worth responding to. Prey was Columbus of organic-like detailed alien environments everybody nowadays wants to steal.

Gameplay wise. And aesthetic wise I think prey looked like a mess anyway.

You never played it.

THANK YOU
I felt like I was taking crazy-pills over here

I prefer the gory horror setting of the 1st Prey.

Looks like Bioshock/Dishonored the game. I feel they are reusing the hud from Dishonored, at least in parts.

I have, not for long. Stopped after I finished that level where I turned into the spirit form and tried to finish a puzzle. It was a very Half Life or Portal esque puzzle. Such modern fps design is just not my cup of tea. This prey looks a bit less linear.

wtf is that wrench, why is it all tangled??????

I don't care what you guys say, this looks good.

No reason for this to be called Prey, tho.

It's probably going to be pretty meh but I enjoy singleplayer shooters even if they are just one playthrough games with gimmicks. I'd be interested in it if the name didn't remind me of how they gutted a better game that was a sequel to a better game they are now trying to reboot. Now I hope it crashes and burns.

Because Arkane has shit art direction. Just look at the rest of the trailer, it's all bland shit.

Not like we're spoiled with choices when it comes to games like Deus Ex or System Shock. The SS1 remake looks like a complete turd, and they have a mentally ill furfag on their payroll doing the animations, so God knows what will happen.

SS3 is being made by Warren "I Love Feminism" Spector, a guy that hasn't made a decent game since the first Deus Ex came out, who is infamous for his lack of technical expertise. I have no hope it won't be shit.

nuPrey looks bland as fuck, it will likely be a cakewalk like every other game Arkane has made (recently). Maybe having Avellone on the writing team will salvage the narrative, though I heard he's only doing side content and isn't involved with the main story.

Is this a sequel to the game that came out on 360 years ago or is it a different one?

reboot

Why? The game wasn't exactly the greatest ever made but it was pretty good and the story was decent, plus I remember it being interesting and fucked up on how the aliens were harvesting Humans for some reason I forget which. Wasn't the ship or station or whatever partly made out of flesh? Are they at least keeping that shit in it or nah?

stfu you dumb retard. OP was clearly insulting the game not praising it. So sick of the autists on this board attempting to shut down all discussion.

Because actual Holla Forums posters know about Bethesda killing the prey studio on purpose to get the assetts for free and buy them out shill kun.

Now get out.

I hope they're keeping the fucked up aliens; the plotline is the number two reason I replay it.

Pic related is number one.

Carbon copy of Bioshock 1.

You'll faggots will bitch about muh shills but still cough up the cash when this goes on sale, fuck y'all.

This game deserves absolutely no attention after Bethesda killed Human Head.

Too bad normalfags have no taste, they'll buy it and give Zenimax even more money.

WE NEED TO SPREAD THE WORD THAT BETHESDA FORCED A COMPANY INTO NEAR-DEATH TO STEAL THIS IP.

Their sins shall not go unpunished.

Wasn't a niggress the replacement main character?

Do you get to play as a magic mexican again?

It's no use.
Remember when Bethesda/Zenimax did the same thing to Arkane and succeeded? People talked about it for several days, then returned to throwing money at the very company they acted concerned about.

From what I'm now reading, Arkane apparently wanted to be bought out. It wasn't the scenario where Bethesda/Zenimax were trying to deny them cash by claiming they were doing a crap job and then buy them outright.

Link it then my man. I'd love to read up on it.

You play a gook.

Bethesda has this uncanny ability to fly under the radar when it comes to hostile takeovers of other developers. IIRC they tried the same shit with Obsidian by cutting their development time in half and sabotaging the QA on their end.

To be fair, the game looks interesting. The Codex took a few screenshots from the trailer and there seem to be several skill trees (scientist, engineer, security, morph, telepathy), damage is apparently skill based (they also noted the existence of critical hits), there is radiation and you can get radiation poisoning, etc.

Not that I think the game will be good. It's still going to suffer from the same problem most of these games suffer, they're too easy and most players will simply run and gun instead of bothering to experiment. They claim that weapons and ammo will be sparse, yet afterwards say you can craft any item you find on the space station. How they're going to balance out these two aspects is anyone's guess.

Also, the morphing seems like a complete gimmick. It trivializes stealth. Morph into small object and just roll around, the enemy AI seems too retarded to figure out something strange is going on. The best example is towards the end of the video, where he sneaks by the tree robots by morphing into a ball. There was basically no need for the player to do that, he could have just as easily thrown the recycling bomb (that has a fucking huge radius) from the ground (since it seemingly doesn't affect the player) and achieved the same result without emptying the energy bar.

Maybe Arkane balances the game out properly to not make just shooting at everything with a shotgun the most optimal approach, but seeing their past development history, and the fact they work for Bethesda, I have no illusions this game will be anything but a cakewalk.

Prey 1 spooked me as a kid. I remember literally screaming and shutting it off. So I just played the multiplayer which was a blast.

Why is it called Prey when it has nothing to do with the original game and seems to be some kind of youtuber meme jumpscare game now?

Brand recognition and focus groups.

PREY is a good title like DOOM, FALLOUT and SKYRIM.

I seriously hope nobody here will buy this trash.

Some faggots will, because they're retarded and want to support shitty practices by worse companies.

Bethesda is the master of QUALITY. What are you talking about tripsanon