Best 16-bit era music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O5TM5nwZ07c&list=PLirSddeMOYZ50ZoIyzpkUsISj8zB6KhRV&index=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Power Rangers for the Genesis has some fuck-awesome music.

I really am not a huge fan of Genesis music, but some do stand out for me

Mega Drive had the better soundchip, suck it Nintentoddlers

most Genesis music sounds like somebody farting through an amplifier

cuck detected

that's the fault of shitty sound programmers

mega drive had shit graphics though so it balances out

This one is magical

More cool water shit

My personal favorite SNES song

This is THE shit

Listen to these samples, this melody!, Tim Follin is a god.

whoever was composing for Ocean in those days was really on point

I'm sure it is. I'm not saying the Genesis can't have just as good if not better music than the SNES (I always liked how Ecco the Dolphin sounded), but SNES definitely had a lot better composers lying around who knew how to properly use it's hardware. A lot of Genesis' bad music is owed to the fact that so many games were made cheaply for the system and so not a lot of effort was put into sound half the time.

You're a special kind of retarded trying to argue stupid semantics while ignoring the outcome

I was just taking the piss so spare me your implications that actually agree with the statement I made

Sorry fag.

Bump?

It doesn't get posted often, but it's brilliant stuff

Sega has always had for superior sound, in my opinion. Snes can be good sometimes too though.

BLAST PROCESSING

Eh, unlike most of Holla Forums I grew up with Sega and a PC. I never had a problem with Nintendo or Playstation, they just didn't make very unique games. They followed very safe formulas for game design.

If you don't think 16-bit music is the tightest shit, then get out of my face.

PC "16bit" is pretty under rated as well.

This song gave me feels I never knew I could feel.

Only owned Nintendo handhelds
Unfortunately the Saturn wasnt even avaiable in my region.
Had to get a PS1 in 1997, Dreamcast came around 2 years later and since my parents didn't want to waste too much money on consoles I was stuck with it.
Would spend more time playing the Dreamcast at my friends house than the PS1, started playing PC games at around that time.
Got a PS2 in 2004 since the Dreamcast support was pretty much dropped.
When 7th Gen hit and you had to install your vidya I just went full mustard.

mah nigga, was about to post some Jack Jazzrabbit too

Likely because a huge chunk of people just went Sega in Europe during that time.
heres some 8bit

Thats fucking great

new retro wave, eat your fucking heart out.

sum electro

Listen to this crazy shit, only on Nintendo.

Muh dick

From my fav snes game

Not even the best Jurassic Park vidya OST of all time.

The organ solo still gets me each time.

it required better sound designers though, which dev. teams often lacked.
the average snes game had better sound design than the genesis, but the genesis was arguably capable of more interesting and clearer timbres than snes.
this "phenomenon" is exactly the same as in keyboard/synth/pop music, where FM got a reputation for being cheesy, several artists would use DX7s extensively (Brian Eno comes to mind) in ways analogue or LA-sampling synths couldn't.

snes samples required more rom and were pretty low bit-rate and bit-depth, but obviously have their own merit.
Genesis would have had god tier sound if it had just one sampling voice/channel. (Did the cartridge slot have an audio line like snes?)

The SATURN and Commodore have my favourite sound chips.

That game was fucking garbage.

My nigga

So much great music in this thread, holy fuck.
Any love for PC Engine?

My nigga.

they used to have some really funky tunes. maybe because they didnt have much to work with? sometimes restrictions can bring something out in you that wouldnt be there if you had complete freedom.

JC, for your next assignment you are going to need to travel through time; back to the age of the dinosaurs. You'll be tacked with finding a man known as "Fred Flintstone" we have reason to believe he inhabits an town known as “bed rock”. When you locate him give him the paraphrase of “yabba dabba doo” and he'll fill you in on the details of the mission.

I always liked the snes version better
Power Rangers is one of the SNES titles that did incredibly well in the audio section. For example if you listen to the power rangers jingle in real life and compare it to how good it sounded on the snes game for that time. Incredibly good sound

This one is yuzo koshiro's "Go Straight" for the Genesis' "Streets of Rage 2"
Good Track as well

This one is one of my favourite SNES games ever.
Always played it with my cousin at his house. Great times, great game, great soundtrack. 90s were some of the best times of my life.

Full Playlist:
youtube.com/watch?v=O5TM5nwZ07c&list=PLirSddeMOYZ50ZoIyzpkUsISj8zB6KhRV&index=2

another one of my childhood gems
Double Dragon had good sound as well

there used to be a youtube video where that was mixed over the britney spears song that sounds just like it which i thought was kind of neat. but i guess copyright trolls took a shit on it

Better than it had a right to be at least.

Not 16-bit!

Thank you, user. I used to play the shit out of this game with my brother, but couldn't remember the name of it

3 years ago I was in the exact same situation. Remembered the game and had no idea how to find out what the name was

I always find it amazing how delusional Mega Drive fanboys can still be some 25 years later. The lack of DSP in an industry that was quickly adopting the technology made the Mega Drive out of date on release and quickly unable to keep up with arcade to console releases. It was and remains the greatest weak point of the entire console.

Konami were wizards with that SNES chip. Most of their arcade to SNES music is somehow catchier and more enjoyable despite the lower sound fidelity.

Rings true even for a system launch title.

Step aside bitches.

every time

Videogames are beautiful and I love them.

a true ubermensch

God damn I didn't remember it sounding that awful.
Then again the game itself was pretty gud.

The boss themes in the game are all pretty nice, sadly though they are also really short loops.

Makin a 3ds theme. What song goes well with these images? sage for nothing of value

No idea, try something from Policenauts I guess?