Tall human with big ears

Is there a single game where you can actually play interesting non-human races, that aren't just HUMANS WITH MAKE UP?
I can only think of Zergs from star craft, and even then they made their queen a HUMAN WITH DREADLOCKS.

Other urls found in this thread:

moo3.at/game/features/races.php
earth2160.com/en/universe_fractions_ucs.php
moddb.com/mods/nep-new-earth-project/downloads/nep-v20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean interesting non-human races in a game with multiple playable races? Shit, I'm actually drawing a blank on that one.

Sci-fi or anything will fucking do, you mongoloid. Can you name anything at all? You can't.

Well, there are games where you play straight up not humanoid character, like Spyro or the Eye of the Dragon, but yeah, what about games that give you the choice, and the choice isn't just a bunch of skins and different stats distribution?

no, because then they'd need to put in effort rigging a different model

What, you're saying that game never had effort put into them, not just modern ones?

Don't modern high-budget games usually use motion capture for animation? Either way it precludes anything non-human.

huh? No I'm saying you can never play a giant slithering snake woman or centaur man in a game like Skyrim or whatever because they don't want to make different character animations so the most free choice youll get in design and diversity of your character is extending their ears some and changing skin color.

For fantasy you could even at least get away with a furry race or two just to avoid tolkenizing your shit. I mean at a bare minimum. That's why I find most fantasy settings so insufferable, you have this free out to basically show you give more than zero shits about the setting and most games never take it.

This is also exclusively why I liked Mass Effect 1. At least there was more effort than no effort at all put into those aliens. It's also why I fucking despise the Abrams Star Trek films. The origonal Trek TV show had a budget of 15$ and they tried to put a lizardman alien on screen, now a multimillion dollar block buster can't go beyond blowing money on effects that don't look as good as traditional budget makeup effects.

godzilla

There's an MMORPG where you can play a cow.

I thought ME did a good job with the alien races, for the secondary ones anyway, Salariens/Asari/Turiens and even Krogan were all human like.

Pic Related

You faggots are the single most obnoxious thing to ever happen to discussions of fantasy and scifi races since overweight soccer moms bitched martian babes into being an endangered species.
The quality of a race or 'faction' doesn't come from it looking like your fridge drawings instead of a humanoid, you cockmongler, it comes from the traits and mannerisms they are given by their creator as a whole; their appearance is only a single facet of a large aspect of their worldbuilding. The design and biology of fantastic and alien creatures should only reflect the author/artist's intent and direction with that aspect of their project, not making a flat fucking special snowflake just because they can and to appease frothing retards like yourself who spend more time bitching about purple knife-eared ladies being unoriginal instead of delving into where they're done best.

I love me a sexy alien babe, and I think there's plenty of room for sexy races, I just think we could also use some weird and exotic ones.

You're a loose cannon, Blasto! You're off the force! I'm too old for this shit.

we cant all be as dashing as captain fwiffo.
oh no, but he has 2 arms and hands just like a hunam. damn

11/10 would play.

Bump

K, tell me what "mannerisms" and "traits" make elves not just humans with big ears.

On the contrary. ME is among the worst offenders of generic humanoid aliums and unused alium aliums.
The playable ones are fish/lizardshit or recolored humans.

holier-than-thou treacherous jingoists with an insatiable lust for cock

This is what plebs actually think.

My friend, I love me some sexy races and Green-skinned Martian Babes.

But I also want a race, a playable one at that, that isn't so explicitly humanoid.

Blame people who can't relate to non-humanoids, I guess.

You can play as giant blobs of nano machines in Grey Goo

Also you can freely blame the worst sci-fi series produced in history for the "Hurr durr human with funny ears are aliens" bullshit. Not sure about traditional fantasy though.

doesn't dwarf fortress adventure mode let you play animals as well as humanoids?

The fuck

No, because no matter what you do everyone will complain about it being furbait no matter how alien or fantastical it is.

I wanna get married to a big strong scalyboy :3

it's called English you nigger

Yea sure

those are portraits retard if that's what OP wanted he could just browse deviantart

I'm sorry, my little anus inspector, I thought the pic was from some game. I guess not.

yeah but it's like saying you get to play as an ent or fire demon in hearthstone because you put down a picture of it.

Stellaris races don't mean shit, theyre just for RP.

RP in an RPG
perish the thought

The fuck are you doing SE?

Nobody said this retard

man, this is such a low effort bait

What do you mean? that FF12 wasn't an MMO? :^)

Endless Legend has some pretty cool races, but that game is almost sci-fi and a strategy game.

Fuck out of here with this TVTropes-tier analysis

The swarm in Warlords Battlecry 3
Although the Main heroes look sort of humanoid, But thats comparable to Kerrigan so really a moot point

its almost like coming up with an entirely new species and culture that arent based on humanity whatsoever is actually really fucking difficult

you realize how much of our culture is just based on the fact that we have five fingers on each hand?

if you dont think it could be that difficult to make up a complete species and culture from scratch then i want to see it

Hes Not asking for something complex user, He would accept starcraft if it didnt have kerrigan
What he wants is non-humanoid Alien races, not Non-Humanoid Alien races with there own cultures based around them being a different species
whats with the reddit spacing

How about Scrin from C&C: Tiberium Wars, OP?

Pleb detected. If not vid related, then for example Master of Orion 3, shitty as it is:
moo3.at/game/features/races.php
It has only two non-human humanoid races. You can also stretch it to call three saurian races and Trilarians humanoid, but that's it.

And from the RTS genre you have Earth 2160.

Middle English is still English, dolt.

Come to think of it, zelda. zoras and gorons are humanoid, but they're as creative as you can get. Any other race are original as well, maybe not the moblins (totally not orcs) but that's all

Remember when Klingons were basically just Mongols? I sure do.

And the UCS AI side there too, maybe with the exception of android units from the Silver factory line:
earth2160.com/en/universe_fractions_ucs.php

Don't forget to mod the game to be more like the previous, far better title - Earth 2150.
moddb.com/mods/nep-new-earth-project/downloads/nep-v20

what fucking elves are you talking about, I thought that your second one could be elves but the first one cant be dark elves.

Bump.

Those attributes could easily belong to human nation.

It's the best kind of MMO. One that you don't have to play with other people.

The main reason why game developers typically make fantasy races just "human with negligible difference x" is because it allows them to reuse all the animations and clothing/armour graphics between races.

Ever wondered why Khajiit and Argonians only had a different body structure in Morrowind? Turns out remaking every character animation in the game is a lot of work. Bethesda also has some of the worst animators in the industry but that's besides the point. Also, in any modern game you're going to spend a LOT of time if you have to remake the models/rigging for clothing and armour for each new race. WoW mostly got away with this by having a large set of standard armour/clothing models for each race and then just swap out the textures for variety, but it was still a hell of a lot of work.

tl;dr it takes money spent on actual game development which could have been spent marketing it to every shit gobbling normalfag faggot on the planet

Why even live.

Get ready to be bent over, kiddo.

Holier-than-thou is a very common turn of phrase that's still used in modern english you fucking moron.

There's the Mantis and Slugs in FTL if those can be considered playable races.

Grey Goo has its namesake.

There is a critical lack of playable Mushroom people in vidya.

Prove me wrong faggot. It all got popularized and acceptable to make zero effort ayys in media.

you can play a fat kawaii pug in TERA

If you want an in-universe reason, it's because there was a humanoid progenitor race which seeded the galaxy and resulted in a plethora of more humanoid races, each with slight differences.

If you want a real world explanation it's because the first series was made in the fucking 70s. What kind of special effects would you expect from a cheap sci-fi show in that era?

Still shit bait.

Ivalice a shit.

Where are the female Bangaa?

There are none.

No game dev has ever taken a chance on making a non-human race a protagonist.

The closest you'll get is something like the goblin from Styx or one of the beast races of Elder Scrolls.

They look just like the male Bangaa. One of Ba'Gamnan's party members is female.

Bloodborne did a pretty damn good job.

Sadly they're all enemies.

but in the DLC you can play as eldrich broccoli

You mean this?

I think the primary problem is grrrl gamers. Women aren't impressed by fantasy species they want to look like the best girl no matter what.

So pretty much you're looking for non-bipeds?
You'd be pretty hard pressed, I mean even Aliens and Predators are bipeds.
There are plenty of games were you play an animal or some kind of cartoony creature like Kirby that are very non-human.

My race issue is all the Non-humans who are flat out just humans with different heads.
A plane as day cheat to not have to model armor differently.
It makes race really superficial without different postures and running cycle.

This is the core reason right here.

I hate when games do this. Do your fucking sexual dimorphism right or never show the fucking females.
Why can't for once games do weird shit where one gender is tiny and the other huge, have one gender be colourful and the other drab and boring, or just go full out and just have weird ass 3 gendered macrofungi that meld their faces to traspass genetic information.
I know appealing to waifufags is profitable, but can they do something interesting, the fucking sack of cunts?

Males are SotC size giants. Females are everloli waifs. This should happen.

It's especially annoying when it comes to races that are supposed to be ugly in a conventional sense but devs can't help but give them big hips and slender arms and feminine faces.
The female Krogans came close to being a good example of dimorphism.

How would their breeding work?

Actually you can probably blame Tolkien. His races were: human, epic human, fancy human, stout human, chibi human, corrupted human, corrupted chibi human, re-corrupted corrupted human, and godlike human.

If you want to look at the progenitor for Sci-fi, specifically, I'd point to HG Wells' The Time Machine, in which case the races were: asshole human and pussy human. You could even make a decent argument that they inspired the Klingons and Vulcans.

Daemons
Undead
Orcs/Orks
Living Trees
Lizard men
Goblins
Trolls
And that's just Warhammer Fantasy

In /tg/ there are Orks

So you're saying Milo is an Elf

That mushroom guy from the Mushroom Men DS/Wii game?
That mushroom samurai character from Battleborn, no wait your never going to play that.
Toad's from the Mario series?

Never liked this shit, it feels so damn lazy. I'm surprised no one tried to do a fantasy race where you could tell the gender like just looking a normal cat or dog (or most animals) from a glance.

And I think that Wildstar MMO did this shit with their males and females?

Just like a porcupine . . . really, really carefully.

typo, meant to say __couldn't tell the gender.

the primary question is where we draw the line between non-human race and furfaggotry

If you can't fit human figure in it - it's not furfaggotry.

So they're no different from humans, then.

Why are you so fucking worried about furfaggotry? Let people design what they want. You know what I hate the absolute laziness of furfaggotry-lite aka monster shit when you have a girl that's just a lady with cat ears and the male of the race is some buff tiger dude. How the fuck does that work? But I guess that sort of thing is fine because it isn't "degenerate".

That's really original. I'd take the shit you listed as bad over Blizzard knock-offs made for Koreans any day of the week.

40k is literally copypaste the franchise. It has nothing original.

Anyways, Mass Effect 1 did pretty good job with the races. Even the blue chick -race had some sense of style with the head tentacles and those subtle scales on their skins. Turians are a really good design, looks believable but not quite directly similar to anything on earth. Salarians are a good interpretation of the greys-species. I think Krogans are a bit too much like snapper turtles, but they do their function. Every species introduced into the setting after the first game has been frankly quite shit, however.

What's wrong with humanoid monster races? It's like you don't want to fug a snek or burd grill.

Why are YOU reddit spacing?

Guildwars 2 Char and Asura are kinda that way; you can still tell the sex by the shape of the head, ears, horns and fluffy tail, but overall their males and females look rather similar
at least compared to WoW's bullshittery

Oh, Jesus, shut up about Reddit spacing. Take imagined Holla Forums problems back to Holla Forums where they belong, nobody gave a flying shit about Reddit spacing until Holla Forums started crossposting en masse due to election season.

Indeed, and that should have told you about the extent of the problem. If even a knockoff of a knockoff still looks better in comparison to endless humans with spray paint and very slightly changed ears, noses, hair etc.
I'm still wondering how they've managed to squeeze in Rachni from ME in any meaningful role, beyond mere Starship Troopers reference. Must have been the last convulsions of the genre's death throes.