Dragon Ball Online

Shit you remember that Dragon Ball MMO they made? No? Can't blame you, never came to the free english-speaking world but I guess the Asian's aren't perfect. But shit some fans of it have made a private/pirate server since the game shut down, now it's in Pre-Open Beta status whatever that means, probably a wipe eventually but whatever.

You fags want to play?

It's set like 700 years in to the future of Dragon Ball. You make a character in one of three races; a Buu, a Namekian, or a Human (although most humans have Saiyan blood in them). You start off as a kid, but at level 30 you can activate a quest to go to Korin's tower and age up, unlocking a subclass and then the final flying quest that'll let you fly without the aid of a scroll. As for classes, it's usually split between a melee fighter (they get a weapon at their sub class) or a ki user (basically a mage, using Kamehameha's and shit); you can find an explanation about the classes here; dboglobal.com/#gameguide

Pffft no. The only thing it'll cost you is your time, and if you valued that you wouldn't be on Holla Forums in an MMO thread now would you?

Parts of it are. They're translating it, but then it's an MMO it's quests are not very complex to begin with. You can get by regardless of the state of the translation.

First, make an account dboglobal.com/

Second, then pick whatever download method you want here: dboglobal.com/#download

It's a small download, like 2.7gb's via torrent and it spent like 5 to 10 minutes patching it when the client was launched.

Important Note: Make sure your game location and language is set to North American. It defaults to BRHUEHUE and you don't want that. To set this, open the game's client and hit the gear icon left of the close and minimize. This will prompt it to download a patch but that doesn't take long at all.

We tend to play on Channel 0, but you can play whatever.

Yes, we have a guild named the The8thSchool. If you want in best way is to ask for an invite here, with your name, or to "/whisper PoeTato" in game if I'm already on, once that's done accept the party invite I send you so I can track you down and invite you (for some reason you can't invite people over distance to a guild). Make sure you're on Channel 0 when you want to join as you have to be in the same Channel as other people to interact with them.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/pc/938704-dragon-ball-online/faqs/66846
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Extra shit

Yes. I know you want to stay your loli human/buu, or shota dendepussy, but if you don't age up with Korin then you'll be unable to get your subclass and the permaflying ability.

Hitting the K button will bring up your level up sheet, where you pick new abilities. Next to each icon of an unlocked ability there's a fan-like option. That's an RP abiliy, you may have none or lots depending on how many ranks you have in that ability. Using the 'Z'-key to power up, you can fill an RP ball (you will get more the higher level you are) - it will also fill up over the course of combat. Once you have an RP ball you can pop it by holding down the ability rather than clicking it, this will activate the effect you assigned to it.

Yeah, it starts you off with three, I don't know why. Don't worry, just go into your options > game > chat and then turn off Window+ and Window++ options. Beneath those options you can pick and choose what shows up in your remaining Basic window. After that then move the remaining window up a little so you can see what you're typing, then adjust size as you see fit.

>What's a good way to earn money zeni?
Most enemies drop equipment. You won't be able to use most of it (it'll be race locked, or class locked, or subclass locked). Gathering it and selling it is a good way to get cash in, not that you'll need much unless you want to buy some stuff off the auction house or want to stock up on the relatively cheap healing items.

No. Do not use the buses, they will crash the game. Just scoot around on your scooter when you get it. Don't forget to speak to any teleporter you see so you can unlock them. You'll know what they look like via the starting quests. Stick to teleporting, scooter, Popo Stoning, (it's this games version of that Hearthstone) and flying when you get it, until they patch those things to work.

This will show you the location of all the map revealers and teleports: dbocom.com/tools/map/world/1/111/883/

No, it existed and die long before Super was a thing.

Yes! Most you'll encounter in Time Rift's, which are quests you get periodically after you reach certain levels. Some of the ageless ones, like Korin (he's blue like in the Manga this time) and Roshi, will appear outside of those from time to time.

Don't leave the Time Rift once in! Just log out and back in again where you stand in the Time Rift - that usually fixes it. Leaving the Time Rift seals it forever and you won't be able to experience it or get the abilities from it. If it bugs after you've got the ability then you can leave unless you want to experience the Time Rift.

Someone just summoned Shenron with the Dragon Balls. Don't worry, it'll pass.

In the later game, with the aid of the Dragon Balls, yes, but only if you're human (most humans have saiyan blood in them at this point). Buu's get a transformation called Pure Majin, and Namekian's get one called Super Namekian instead.

Yes, you will get all the Dragon Balls from quests actually! Your wish will be limited to some good gear, but after that they scatter around. After buying a new scouter, you will be able to detect if an enemy might drop a dragon ball during the dragon ball dropping events (these events only happen once a week for a few hours, it kinda sucks).

No, after you use them they scatter and you can gather them again. Your first wish is limited, and you gather the Dragon Balls via quests. After that I think they appear randomly on random enemies, and higher-level scouters can detect them on the minimap, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Forgot:
You don't need it, as it turns out, just go sign into the game client with or without confirming it and you'll get in.

cheers tato.

Is it down for maintenance still?

I can log on, no problem.

I got this, I just wanna play

Never heard of that happening for anyone so far. Try again in a few minutes?

Been trying for the last hour, I'll try resetting the router

oi fuckbois, when is the server wipe/open beta launch?

No idea.

Annnd now the website is down for me. I'm genuinely confused at why it's doing this for me.

The website has been up and down all morning.

Temporary items are not temporary! They are permanent!
The very first thing you should purchase from the Token Shop should be a 1 day bag for 40 tokens!

WHAT!? Seriously?

a neat feature I've seen is that your power level goes down when your energy/health decreases, so immersive

What are unknown items used for exactly? I can't find a way to identify them if I'm even able to.

You can identify them at any goods merchant

At item merchants reveal what they are

AND REPAIR ALL EVERYYYYTHING

Thanks Tato

No problem

Oolong is rolling over is grave.

Where's the token shop?

Also, I love how most of the human quests are translated, but there are hardly any translations done for the majin quests. It makes me wonder how many are playing buu girls.

It's the giant blue and yellow T above the your bags toolbar.

You'd think Buu girls would be way more popular ever since Xenoverse.
I'm pretty sure the hierarchy in those games goes
Saiyan Male > Saiyan Female > Buu Female > Frieza > Namekian > Earthling Female > Earthling Male > Buu Male

Feels that way to me at least. I know they're very popular. It's not like the audience is totally different either, although granted I don't know BR's Xenoverse habits since they don't buy games. So maybe they're weirdos who hate squishy marshmallow chicks.

buu girls are best, so they're saving the best for last?

It was fucking annoying to get this far by myself, thank Dende I managed to only die once and they didn't stick around to beat up my corpse.

Wait until Android 19000 kills you in 1 second flat. Have fun. Try with a group of 3-5, I'm convinced it's suppose to be a dungeon due to you having to load into that area, and it has a final boss thing.

More open-ended dungeons? I take it that there are few instantiated dungeons?

Well this is definitely up my alley. Mind if I ask some newbie questions?

Is there any differences between the races/genders stats-wise?
How many characters can I make?
Is there any benefit to being in a guild?
Is there any annoying bullshit that you have to pay/grind to unlock/bypass/etc.?
How frequently are the translators updating?

Each race has a melee and ranged class unique to each race, each class has a mastery sub-class you get at level 30 when you become an adult.
There is no difference between genders other than appearance and some cosmetic equipment choices (so no males/nameks wearing the bunny suit Bulma wore that one time, no females wearing tuxedoes). Guilds can eventually unlock a Dojo if they pool enough zeni together, which has some unique stuff I guess, guild emblems show up on some cosmetics like the simple outfit dogi or the fancier looking version. There are most likely enough character slots for you to experiment with all the classes, and maybe some extra.

Each class has two mastery sub-classes to choose from at 30*
this is what I get for not proofreading

Wow. So this game reminds me a lot of Eden Eternal with the way it looks and controls.

Seems like very little of the game is actually translated, and most that has been isn't done very well.

No real complaints about the game though, other than my gamma being adjusted down randomly. Lots of different looking characters (the hippo lady was a bit strange). Leveling seems a little slow, but then again I was given an exp booster right out of the gate that I haven't used yet. Doesn't really seem like I'll need it for a while since there seems to be plenty of quests.

It would be nice if they gave you another bag a little earlier. Seems like I was playing inventory management right from the start then later they throw two new bags at you in almost rapid succession.

But the game is enjoyable so far. I think I'll keep at it and let some of my friends know about it.

Thinking of joining the Holla Forums guild. Are people active in it?

benis snake

also the fort dungeon in the human starter zone has this really edgy scouter for sale, if you're into that sort of thing

Kek

I originally tried for SuperAryan, but it was already taken

I bought it too, but power levels are largely bullshit up through level 25. Either you stomp enemies so hard they piss blood, or you have to heal during the fight if you don't have to dash away.

Alas, limited character creation options stymied my efforts to have synchronicity.

yeah, so far the only times I've had trouble are the blue names that yell for help, and even then I just rush in and nuke the blue guy down then dash the fuck out

Fucking MMOs; please tell me there's good pants at least.

Alright niggers, I'm currently donwloading the game.
Are Poko Priests fun? I'm thorn between them and Turtle Hermit.

This is probably going to take a couple hours.

Since everyone's part Saiyan anyway, may as well make a vegetable or fruit-based name.

Papaya?

The "gamma being adjusted randomly" might just be people summoning shenron.

What the fuck is this?

Is there something that explains how these work?

I don't think the pet food is working at the moment, judging by all the eggs everyone has.

Your's turns into a Puar if a certain image is correct.

Huge problem here. I'm in the middle of the level 14 time leap quest, but I got hit with the glitch that takes away control of your character. The last time I got it, the only way to fix it was to log out, but if I do that now, I get fucked out of the time leap quest. Is there a way to fix this without logging out?

Is PoeTato on?
He has me on friends list but I'm not in the guild yet.
I'm Kosato on channel 0, finally got a chance to play

That's a shame, I'm pretty sure this one I have is going to hatch into a saibaman of some sort.
How are they meant to work?

Feed them food and they gain xp to level up, plant egg turns into some kind of adorable round saibaman.

Where do I get pet food from?

There is a low quality pet food from the little pet merchant, and there is higher quality pet food and things in the cash shop. But I do not think pets are fully implemented on the server yet as trying to use pet food results in the game screaming chinese at you.

Kawaiibaman never ever ;_;

Yeah. Whenever you're next on post here, I'll add you. Just make sure you're on Channel 0.

These hippos are having a conversation with one of the Red Ribbon's elite SS

Do I need to be close to get invited to the guild?

Post your character's name, be in Channel 0, I'll add you to a party and I'll fly right to you to give the invite. You just keep on questing.

Tatoonie
I'm in namek tho

I'm on right now.

The meme is real

did anyone else re-watching the dragon ball series?

its still pretty fresh in my mind to do it again

I'm rewatching the Piccolo Jr arc.

Tight clothing best clothing.

we edgy swordsmen now

Far too many quests that my moon-translation-unit cannot cope with that would have awarded decent experience. All I can derive from the mess is that many of them take place in another area (instance map) that I cannot get to alone. I think I should stop playing, before it becomes any more of a chore.

I found boob window armor for my majin waifu.

Why's it so easy to end up in a place where your map is useless?

Here is the location of the Dragon Cave South Hidden Scouter vendors, the south one requires some tactical espionage action to not get raped by the Frieza Force, but sells a fairly expensive but worth it candy themed scouter that contains a Dragon Radar, Aggression Scanner, the AI/Skill/Prop scanner, and an Equipment Scanner.

all scouters clip horrible on namekians.

so, i am lvl 30, how do i get the pema Flight and classchange quests?

You head for the base of Korin's Tower in Korin Forest. Look around for a chest and smash it, there should be a scroll inside it, something like Korin's Scroll. It'll start the quests you want.

Is anyone playing who can invite me into the Guild?

I think only guild leader can invite, but I could be wrong. You'll have to try and find a time when PoeTato is on to get in, unfortunately.

Oh alright

Hope on channel 0, what's your username?

I found a way around that, I'll start promoting people to Jr Master's when they log on so they can invite in my stead.

Scratch that, there's only 1 Jr Master allowed. I guess it's me or GermanScience who can add people to the guild, unless he wants to pass the buck onto someone else.

My name is ChetManley on channel 0

says you're not online

Whats your user?

GermanScience

I guess it doesn't really matter, just lemme know where you are so I can come to you

I'm at Kokkara Village

thanks man, gonna check that out

are there other requisites? i have a majin, lvl-30, i used the scroll did a quest, and now i must go to a little girl near the tower, but she doesn't teleport me up there

I have found the Hidden Scouter Merchant for Yahhoy Fort East, which requires even more difficult evasion for lower levels, sells more expensive scouters despite being significantly lower in level range than Dragon Cave South, best one being 135k zeni but not having the equipment scanner of the 110k zeni candy scouter from Dragon Cave South.

If only the server had the scouter chips enabled so we could simply slot the capabilities we want into the scouter we want.

Just started a new character. name is 'DigBick' and im in kokkara village.

Also what is with the massive freezing going on?

is the "Adult Quest" bugged? i did the scoll thing and the bitch at the tower wont teleport me up

You need to also finish a questline for Hada before you actually are allowed up the tower, the spell is part of growing up but you need to also do the questline.

but i did talk to Hada, he sent me to the little shit Sheila, and then she doesn't let me up

There's a side quest chain you have to do in that area to get access to the tower; the quest the item gives you just tells you to go up the tower but doesn't give you access. I used a guide for it, but the forums hosting the guide are down for some reason. You're looking for a quest chain that starts near the tower, sends you up north near the great tree, then sends you to the great tree. Once you do that chain you can go up.

thanks for the info, will try to find those

Do they force you to join to see the guides? Also, how do people get those vanity items and DB character outfits I've seen?

Is the time travel quest to put out the fire at Ox King's castle just broken or something?

Exploring everywhere isn't working. Looking up video of it, Goku's supposed to fly off after the convo with him and Ox but instead he's just hanging out on Nimbus. A dinosaur is also supposed to attack on the plains, but it isn't spawning and there's a massive invisible wall at about the point it's supposed to appear

Wasn't there an option to wish for youth and get back the child model?

Probably was being developed but never finished by the time the game was shut down. Just like how the southern Majin region is in an almost finished state but was never released, or the engineer class for humans.

nevermind, relogging fixed it

I think they drop from later dungeons?

in the lower right of the screen is a big T icon. Click it
you gain tokens with time played. You can use these tokens to buy swag

So all those outfits are from afk points?
I hate how it just adds on little by little; only have Budokai glasses and a gi like gokus.

What do you guys think the better thing to go with is, a sword or fighter?

do you prefer trunks/yamcha when he was good, or goku/vegeta punching things

experiment. have fun. There's no wiki (in english anyway) telling you what's a viable build

we kaioken now

I've made mistakes by getting invested in to many time sinks.

Floating micromanagement simulator
WoW knockoff

Never said it wasn't. And? There's some Holla Forums fags and we're playing together.

user I think you've got FFXV mixed up with FFXIV because FFXV is nothing close to being a WoW-like game at all.

No user, that's my point, I don't have the time to put effort into it.

Space Pirates?
I thought anyone left still buying FF single player games are the types to play a little bit every now and then.

I thought your point was that you grind it that hard, not that you wanna beat it before it's reset. Why not just swap between FFXV and DBO each day?

Not yet, but I think the plan is PvE and PvP after we get a Citadel. Not much of us currently.

You have to invest a bit of time to get anything done, what with it being open world now.

That's the plan, in theory at least.

Lag's weird.

Are any race/subclasses much stronger than the rest?

How is everyone doing?

Distracted by other games now. Whole year nothing has caught my interest, then one did now every thing does.

But when is it going to be reset?

my laptop done broke itself can't play for at the most two more weeks, pls don die
T.Eigcham

Does the game let me Remove Kebab?

Been exploring in areas well beyond my level. I found my first paved road before I finally died to some ghost because I accidentally used a healing item at the start of the fight.

when do i get to summon shen schlong?

nadblaster here, my video card exploded. don't fuckin kick me from the guild

Are they kicking people from the guild?

When you get a hold of all his balls.

I shouldn't think so.

i have all the balls and did the adult quest, do i have to go to some exact location?

My guess is Shenrons altar and shouting out the password.

Make sure you figure out the wish system beforehand as it's all in Japanese. You can't cancel a wish to make it later, once he's been summoned the balls will fly away regardless of whether a wish has been made or not.

Someone needs to make a list of what all the wishes are that's not stuck behind that forum among other useful information.

fuck, wish we had that curly hair for girls in the game, too bad

It's surprising as hell it wasn't since that's one of the main hairstyles Toriyama seems to enjoy most if not just curly hair.

Alright you niggers, done with finals. At 50% torrent so far, just about 10 mins more
1. how accurate are the class assessments in this guide?
gamefaqs.com/pc/938704-dragon-ball-online/faqs/66846
2. which Majin class should I play?

That seem fairly accurate from what I've seen.

Most people I've seen prefer Plasma Majin. Ki blasts are cool.

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
Porque dices jeje

Let's go for the fourth time.
Stick to the rules faggots.
BASED MODS

The only shitter here is the one that thinks LoLK is anything but.