Vidya new technology: No VR allowed edition

Let's have a thread about innovative vidya technology. Dead projects allowed as long as they are/were technologically impressive.
No hardware allowed, hardware (specially VR) draws in a lot of insufferable retards. Let's keep it software releated, engines and shit of the like.
Let's start with the longest lasting "It will be great one day, I swear on me mom" engine and the most gamey application it has had since it was created: A military simulator. As rough around the edges as it might looks (specially with those billboard threes here and there), it still looks promising.
Will post some other shit later.

VR will be great someday, I swear on me mum.

Voxels are the way of the future, swear on me mum

That's supposed to be the ARMA killer right? Hope it's better with environment interaction. Because Bohemia Interactive never fucking listen to their fans about that. It's the one thing about all the ARMA games that make it frustrating to play.

I'm personally not against VR, but I have come to the conclusion that is way too hard to discuss that topic in Holla Forums to make it worth the shit.

I was just going to post that, but the webm came out too big. Looks interesting, I remember the faggot from Cortex Command invested on that engine. Last update was like 6 months ago, I thought it was dead for good.

Can't say much about that. Collision detection and physics seem to work really nice, if they don't fuck up, it might work.

No it won't. VR is soul killing personality destroying cancer.

finally we can render mattresses properly

Shit posting aside, it could be great for softbody physics in a eroge.

Talking about lewd, let's have some 2D to non-PD 3D.

Wow, that's actually really impressive. Last I saw it only could rotate on the Z axis- you couldn't tilt the camera to render the character from above or below.

Modern choplifter confimed

I'm so glad I haven't killed myself yet.

oh YEAH

Why?

Still waiting until I can destroy that building in many little pieces instead of annihilating chunks of it out of existence. In fact, would it be possible to assign chunks of voxels to stay as compact as possible in a way that if a part of the chunk gets destroyed it would drag the rest of the voxels with it? You know, wheels popping out of their axels, doors out of their frames, etc.

Yeah I'd say so. You could theoretically store some information about the voxel like minecraft does, so each voxel has some metrics for its toughness and adhesion rates to its neighbors. This way you could have a piece of wood which sticks to neighboring wood voxels more than it sticks to the bricks next to it. It'd be expensive to calculate (unless you can find a way to cheat, which is pretty much what all physics programming is about), but you could distribute forces along neighboring voxels and thereby cause multiple pieces to break off.

Live2D is the shit. Even though it hasn't had that much development yet, the eroge I played with it already had animations way better than those flash games.

This is good stuff.

I want to believe

This isn't new tech but does anyone remember the one 3D sound tech back in like 1990 that was killed by Creative?
It was really fucking impressive, it doesn't even require more than a 2.1 sound system to realistically create depth and sound stage. I think one of the demos had a helicopter flying around.

Has this guy released any information on how he's doing this? Last I checked he was just saying a bunch of vague bullshit on his site. If he keeps his magic all closed up it'll be hella gay.

vertexPosition += vec3(sin(time*3), cos(time*5), sin(time*0.1));

Oh, that reminds me, actually. Now we just need some game developers who aren't fucking retarded and would actually put in the tiny bit of effort of implementing this technology.

Oh, actually, I think this is what I meant to link. These guys did a lot of audio technology stuff.

What was that puzzle game like portal, but its gimmick was perspective? So you'd need to reach a higher platform, but all you have is a block and a portal. Step through the portal and look back at the block, you can then pick it up and its size will change depending on where you pick it up from. Putting the block closer would make it bigger and further away smaller.

This is fucking garbage

I know it's
But the Star Citizen in engine editor is fucking insane. Someone post some shit from their tech demos.

The point is they're being actively deformed, not just "moved". Also notice the deformation of the ground and the tires.

Keeping it close is his last chance of actually making money… his chances are slim to none anyway.

Since we are with technology, let's talk about technology scam, this one in particular is scamming Australians out of their money through out their shitty government… so I guess it isn't such a bad scam.

easy 0 effort waifu creation…

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

I'm sure you actually need to know how to draw. The approach to modelling is probably similar to their currently available engine, which does require being a drawfag and having a healthy level of highly functional autism.
Workflow example.

not bad for three minutes' work

Jokes on you I can actually draw.

I was being sarcastic. We all know VR isn't going to happen. It's staying a niche product for specific things like simulators.

Pillow Castle.

I can't help but be reminded of this.

Never fucking ever.

needs saxophone music