Snow levels

It's December lads, which means Christmas is right around the corner, and the weather will be perfect for staying inside and playing vidya. Grab a blanket, make some cocoa, make yourself comfy, and talk about games with good snow levels in them.

I always loved the frigid sea level in wario land 3, something about visiting it the first time is satisfyingly comfy.

Freezeezy Peak is pretty cool.

I'm sorry, I'd love to talk about games with good snow levels in them, but I'm too busy making games with good snow levels in them.

Guild Wars had some pretty comfy mountains, even though I have only been in the northern parts.

Temperatures here are finally approaching zero after two consecutive winters in name only. It better fucking snow.

I've been looking for a game with a comfy snowy setting lately. I want more than just a level or a stage, I want to spend a lot of time in a snowy environment.
Skyrim would be a contender but most of the map isn't actually that snowy and the gameplay is fucking garbage.
Terraria lets you build some comfy cottages in the snow biome but I've already played it to death.
Are there any other games that give you lots to do in a snowy setting?

But it's summer, user.

The entirety of I Am Setsuna is in the snow

Go be brazilian somewhere else.

Skyrim is the comfiest snow game.

Snow is pretty

I used to do Droknar's Run for 1k per person near a decade ago. I miss Guild Wars, I should have played it more in its heyday.

MGS1 takes place in Alaska but unfortunately you only spend some of the time outside. I also have the same desire to explore snowy environments in vidya, since New England's winters have been pretty shitty lately.

Alright I know I'm going to get flak for this but Steep, that winter sports ubi game that's about to come out. Having played the beta, it's pretty much just an average racing game with a lackluster tricks aspect, but one thing it did well was the mountains environment. We're talking realistic chalets, a satisfying snow crunch, and believable forests.
It's the first full game made by ubisoft Annecy (they only made basic shit like asscreed multiplayer before that), and that town is the closest major French city to the mont blanc and by extension most winter sports domains. If nothing else I can vouch that if you live there you truly give a shit about snow. No way I can recommend a full price buy for that reason, but it does mountains well.

YOU'RE NOT THE SAME
YOU'VE CHANGED

Assasin's Creed 3 has some comfy snow in New England. Too bad the game is will literally give you aids.

Comfy snow in N64!

The Long Dark is comfy like a motherfucker. Since it’s not complete (and is just going to be social justice garbage when it is), just pirate it. It’s 100% worth a pirate.

I honestly want to play Yakuza 5 since from what I'm seeing one area is Christmas themed. Or replay Lost Planet 1.

Don't worry, the inaccurate foliage and raping of Boston's layout already took care of that. But yes, I did keep it perpetually on the winter setting.

Damn, thats actually pretty good.

I'm surprised that I had the audacity to not post this level's music, that's what makes this fucking game in the first place. Oh well, bumping with thread theme.

Christmas Truce soon

I prefer desert levels

Mandatory.

Hard to pick a favorite, always liked comfy snow themes.

Lutie is a nice place snow place in Ragnarok Online.

Image is from the Holla Forums guild we had going earlier this year.

Image didn't show up.

Jesus Christ, this is why I hate playing with people from imageboards

To be fair, I told them to shout something as we posed for the photo. People tend to gravitate to memes on imageboards. We kept the memes and dreams mostly to our selves in the guild. It was fun while it lasted.

Piano cover supreme

I have no idea why snes is all that is coming to mind.

How about some snow in racing games?

That was such a great stage. The music and the blizzard incoming as you progressed into the stage was great.

How did they fuck it up ? I'm actually interested in a vidya recreation of revolutionary Boston, are there any good ones ?

out of all the games i played, the comfiest would be Mafia 2's post war homecoming; best fucking atmosphere on a gangster game hands down. real shame the game is meh at best

The Long Dark still EA ;_;

You can mod Skyrim to be in winter, so there is snow everywhere.