Holla Forums's Favorite Philosophers

I hold Locke, in his empassioned optimism in man to be free and uphold it's own freedom as one of the greatest thinkers of all time. His influences were what connected the Founding Fathers to the West, and ignited a care for liberty across the world.
God bless America.

John "makes my cocke like a rocke" Locke

What a cuck.

Enjoy postmodernism

Take some, leave… Ugh.. Whatever that is..

He also is an advocate for taking full ownership of oneself, and growing your influence to better yourself and all you wish to improve

I also believe all of you can have a positive influence on your lives and do so so much with them.
There is little time, but we must strengthen ourselves and set course now, lest we never leave

Ok but which part of this guy's work is original? That quote is straight from one of Paul's letters 2000 years ago.

"“The fantasmatic status of anti-Semitism is clearly revealed by a statement attributed to Hitler: “We have to kill the Jew within us.” . . . Hitler’s statement says more than it wants to say: against his intentions, it confirms that the Gentiles need the anti-Semitic figure of the “Jew” in order to maintain their identity. It is thus not only that ”the Jew is within us“ — what Hitler fatefully forgot to add is that he, the anti-Semite, is also in the Jew. What does this paradoxical entwinement mean for the destiny of anti-Semitism?”

Žižek is explicit in censuring “certain elements of the radical Left” for “their uneasiness when it comes to unambiguously condemning anti-Semitism.” But it is difficult to understand the claim that the identities of anti-Semites and Jewish people are in some way mutually reinforcing — which is repeated, word for word, in Less Than Nothing — except as suggesting that the only world in which anti-Semitism can cease to exist is one in which there are no longer any Jews."

Nice. I appreciate this post. Will probably find more of.

I believe in the spirit, the divine, but the church and it's spread of dogmatic religion is corrupted by those evil elements within it. The jew within themselves? The jewish deity of old testament may or may not even be the same New Testament God.

Nonetheless they worship it as the same sovereign over the otherwise unrestrained spirit and messianic power that each human has inside and that with the help of the inner light can be revealed in its splendor all day every day.

“We have to kill the Jew within us.”

Don't use words you don't understand, son.

If you like Descartes, I highly recommend his Meditations on First Philosophy.

Fuck off with your low effort slides leddit. Trump is going to end you.

Thomas Jefferson, Gottfried Feder, Richard Darre, Bill Mollison

Who cares about liberty though? That shit has been a poison to the west as it's extended to all.

The only reason that it would seem that way is if looking at it from a smaller lens. Liberated people are what stands and lives for the rights to speak, assemble, to bear arms, and liberty is what guarantees a right of man, beyond governance to expand what is rightfully theirs.

Yeah and I'm saying liberty for all is a bad thing. The average man can not handle liberty as scene in our modern society .

Law is nothing more or less than the codified lowest-common-denominator of the society's social mores.

That's exactly the point of law: to enforce morality.

The "enlightenment" was a yuge mistake. Locke was a "blank slater" which makes him pretty much the anti-Holla Forums in terms of philosophers.

Your thread is shit and so is your taste in philosophers.

Literally the origin of "dude weed lmao."

You know of the Haudenosaunee's way of peace? Beautiful history behind it.
War is such a senseless affair. Men should only die for what is right, like their rights and homes and families and things worth their love and respect.
War kills the best and returns some astray from the paths they once would have walked. The ultimate warriors fought for one and all, and found in this what is right.
We must be one, for so many bled for us all and on the earth we all inhabit.
Thia is all we have.
War takes all of these things away. We must stand strong, united, no matter what, so we may protect what matters.

I think you've got the wrong board, OP. Locke was a liberal (a classical liberal, yes) and anyone who's on here who has lurked for 2 years knows that liberalism of any kind is a cancer that has led to the downfall of modern Europe.

Take your (9) and fuck off to leddit

Law and governance should only go so far as to protect the common values.
Few things man tends to agree upon:
Disrupting order is wrong
Killing through improper channels is wrong.
Removing an innocent man's sovereignty unduly is wrong
Depravities of the lowest order are wrong.
Also, i want to know whom you like as well, silly user.
Love ya :D
(Rlly, i do; I've idolized this kimda shit for a long time. I'm happy to have a place to be free like wheels. Clovers banned me.)

Centrism isnt commonly accepted anywhere. I'm alone around slippery slopers and extremists.
I miss how things used to be.

I agree with many tenets of classical liberals. Libertarians get it a good part of the time.
If it helps, i think a federalized system is not as efficient for the US as bringing back the old-school confederacy could be.
We must return the power to a vigilant populace.

Not facetious, friends; I'm a little sorry for bothering you all. It was nice getting some ideas and i hope even if you enjoyed goofing on me, if anything, you got something outta the half baked bread we baked here

Montaigne is the best philospher, and I can prove it with logic that appeals to Holla Forums.

Locke, Hobbes and gave us shit. They created the cracked foundation which Nihilistic Globalism grew upon.

Hume and Kant gave us relatavism, proving that Knowledge is impossible, that knowing Divinity is your own private hallucination. In a sense, Hume and Kant opened the door for Atheists and Nihilists to justify their insane toppling of thousands of years of Tradition.

Descartes invented the idea of fusing algebra onto geometry, which made it possible for Newton to invent Calculus. But Descartes was shit. All he gave us was existential doubt which made everyone distrust everyone else. This also opened the door for Anarchists to replace thousands of years of tradition with their stupid selfish impulsive ideas.
Hegel was shit, because took the wrong parts of Kant and misinterpretted it to mean any fantastical systems you imagine are real. Hegel gave us Marx.

Schopenhauer was the only other goid philosopher other than Montaigne, because he carried Kant's torch, and he hated Hegel for being a high verbal IQ charlatan, and saw through Hegel like a window pane. But Schopenhauer didn't propose any counter solution, other than to despise the world and "to clamber to the moon and draw the ladder after him."

All philosophers since Schopenhauer have been shit. They are not even worth mentioning. Their names deserve to be forgotten. All they accomplished was to increase pervasive doubt through out civillization, to sabotage thousands of years of tradition, to declare "God is Dead" in a fit of terminal syphillitic madness, to invent Post-Modernism and Post-Structuralism and dozens of hyper specialized "-isms", to rip apart our intellectual traditions and set everyone at war with each other.

All of these philosophers were shit for one simple reason: Hubris. Luke Lucifer, they committed the original sin of Pride, to elevate themselves as unto God, that they know more than God, and to propose their Systems of the World, as if they know how to shuffle around humans like chess pieces, to achieve selfish goals or fulfill ludicrous concepts like efficiency of society.

These philosopher faggots were all World Builders. They dumb ideas they spewed became the justification for WW1 and WW2 and the Cold War and now most especially they are the ideological inspiration for shapeshiffting Globalists to declare covert war on all nations, all religions, all cultures and all people, and to overthrow humanity itself and replace us all with a New World Order One Workd Government.

Which beings me to Montaigne.
Montaigne was no World Builder.
He only invented the essay, which was scandalous and discredited him among philosophers, because no true philosopher would merely wtite his personal observations from a humble first person perspective, and not even attempt to organize his writings into a thousand page long systematic explanation of the World and propose his Master plan for how to restructure the World.

Montaigne didn't give a shit about all of that. Montaigne only cared about common sense and pragmatism. The here and now. Not ancient mythological worlds, not future chineras of possible worlds.

Montaigne simply walked around his estate, took care of his family, followed the traditions of his ancestors, and left the rest of the world alone to go to hell.

Montaigne was a NEET.

That is why I propose Montaigne as /pols/ official philosopher.

If more people followed Montaigne's example, and just let it be, don't meddle in everyone else's business, don't stir up squabbles and disputes about BS, don't claim to know things with absolute conviction that you really know nothing about, and don't use your claims of knowledge to join in hysterical movements of popular madness, just live your life, improve yourself and be a decent person–if everyone did that, our workd wouldn't be a degenerate shithole on the precipice of the Anthropocene armageddon.

Oswald Spengler of course and Yockey, if the latter can be labeled a philosopher.

Locke and his ideas had great impact on course, and subsequent destruction, of european civilisation. You can thank him for hell we are in.

So we should all mind our own business, and not aspire to anything greater than meandering around our tiny individual worlds? Sounds pretty fucking gay.

for

KAI MURROS

Terry A Davis is /ourphilosopher/

a wise man once said, "if somebody doesnt have any traps then dont fucking listen to them".
your lack of traps is disgusting

what's up with all you fags using philosophy as an excuse for inaction? there is no such thing as perfection; only forward.
if you want people to read montaigne then you shouldnt be such a huge faggot when you shill him

Learned Irishman translated one of the most beloved Persian's poetry, and in doing so made a hybrid philosophy. It's like crossing two very different roses. Such quizzical quandaries came to my mind thanks to this. "-do you sin in earnest?" It rhymes of the antithesis to puritanical tendencies, the joy of life as nature intended against rigid doctrine.
Hell, this guy is likely why Iran stands seperate to this day.
I don't subscribe to its thinking, but it is my favorite for much the same as the Kalavela is my favorite mythology compendium. Its existence is a queer anomaly that lead to massive consequences.

lol

Locke was given to the Revolutionary armies by George Washington as prescription. You worship a fucking Jew who was murdered by his father Saturn/El. You're a monster and your monarchs are child killing rapists