FFXV players only

If there's anyone on Holla Forums besides me that actually purchased FFXV, do you have buyer's remorse yet?

I don't want to hear from PC Mustard Sour Grapes parrots, just people who actually have the game and have played it for more than half an hour.

shill shill go away

How's the gameplay? Did they modify it so you can play it with tapping the attack and dodge buttons, like how action games aimed at the non-braindead do it?

Nobody will fucking admit buying this pile of shit. Graphical downgrade was expected, it's CURRENT YEAR after all but they stripped game of gameplay features present in early trailers.

I get the whole "this footage doesn't represent the final product" but iirc no other dev abused it to this extent.

IIRC Nomura's vision was a kingdom-hearts-esque combat system with being able to switch between characters to use their abilities in real time.

Then Nomura stepped down as director, and Tabata came on. Pic related happened.

People complained about there not being proper combat since the earlier demos so I wonder if it was fixed or added in for the release.

I'm kind of glad it's apparently so shit. Convinces me to still not buy a PS4 since everything else of note is getting a PC release anyway.

SAGE SHILL THREADS

go back to whatever hellhole you came from

Well i had no idea, your post and pic perfectly explain everything to me.

Why did Nomura left?

but FF was always casual?

They made it even MORE casual, judging from the demos. There's no strategizing or coming up with any kind of plan, or having the right/different jobs, or building your characters in certain ways. You can't do any of that. No jobs, not classes.

They managed to make ACTION COMBAT casual. This is more casual than any of the Tales games. It is literally "hold down button and let the game do it for you".

I think Nomura stepped down from FFXV to fully focus on KH 3.

It's funny because Tabata directed Type-0, a game which actually had you actively dodging and attacking, instead of holding down buttons and letting the game do it for you.

I'd tap that butt, if you know what I'm saying.

I hope FFXV flops so that the Eidos IP's will be free again.

You can spend AP on a handful of skills that decrease damage on well-timed dodges but that's about it.

2 and a half hours in here. No buyer's remorse yet, but soon if they don't start doing cool shit, the trailer was filled with cool shit, where the fuck is the cool shit Squeenix.

Also, the pre-order car skin is absolute shit.

And has character switching. Why didn't they just make that 13?

Not only that, FOURTEEN different characters with different weapons, fighting styles/abilities and dodging ability.

Type-0 wasn't amazing but it's miles ahead of FFXV on a gameplay level.

Im on chapter 3 now
Combat still feels like a more slow and clunky Kingdom hearts with a bit more control over goofy and donald

Some battles its felt good and works while others just feel awful

Because he wanted to work full time on KH3.
I think Nomura realized "i'm not having fun on this project, let me work on something i actually give a shit about".
Nomura always liked KH more, it's basically his baby.
He especially loves KH gameplay because it was an ARPG hybrid that didn't use the same rules as other ARPG series, in a way it's the most "original" game he worked on, mechanically.

The world ends with you is more unique and original

What's unique about KH?

True, nobody is going to argue you on that.

It was an ARPG that tried to keep as many traditional JRPG elements as possible while having ARPG combat.
It might not seem very innovative now, but at the time it was a pretty interesting hybridization.
It's also extremely tight and polished, with flawless transitions from animation to animation in the attack strings, even tho each attack is a different "element" of a combo you can string further, or shorten up using specific skills that enable you to do so.
In a way, combat in Kh is almost modular.
The games are designed in such a way that especailly on the standard difficulty you can just mash X and plow trough most fights, as the target audience is children attracted to the disney content, but they actually have quite a bit of depth hidden beneath, and a big selection of tools you can use each encounter, play KH2FM on critical mode to find out more.

Posted this in the previous thread -
==
I bought this, and played it for the past 5 or so hours.
And my god, this is the comfiest 5 hours I've played, though, I had to change my party's outfits to look less "k-pop boy band" and more "Shlubby guys going on a road-trip"
And the side-quests, especially some of the hunts, are really fun to play through, battles are fluid and animations are nice, and the little things, my god the little things that the characters do and how they interact, battle system is pretty fun too.
Solid 9 from me, less of a disappointment than MGS5 was. My only gripe is just how the characters look, and their fucking hair, jesus.
ROADTRIP - THE VIDEOGAME needs to be more of a thing. I have so many fond memories of roadtrips with my merry band of faggots IRL that this game is perfect (since we all live in separate states now.)
==

tldr; I really like it, and it's really comfy.

the pinball mini game thing is pretty fun

Does it have 60 fps option?

I hate TWEWY but absolutely love KH.
I wonder why.

I really hope they don't fuck it up. Between the weird ride attacks and current year Disney, I'm worried.

If you give a shit about the story, they WILL fuck it up for you.
IGNORE KH ENTIRE STORY.

You want closure? Here's closure, something you all should've figured out years ago: Sora will become Kingdom Hearts.
That's it.
That's the end of his story.
They're gonna take the most retarded, ass backwards road towards taht conclusion, with a million characters being clones of other characters and DARKNESS everywhere, but at the end of the day Sora will become KH, and that will be the end of him.

In terms of gameplay, they're already showing cool shit with the transforming keyblade into guns and shit.
The ride attacks is just the new "press triangle for awesome".
KH2 had it, and yet it didn't stop the core gameplay from having depth, so it's gonna be alright.