3DS CFW + Homebrew General

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. The phailect guide might say 10.7 can't use broswerhax but it can.
>11.0-11.2:
Running CFW is not as straightforward
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW OR STEELHAX. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade ← This may soon be updated to allow downgrades without a second 3ds, ie steelhax
Post a reliable guide for using steelhax ITT and it will be put into the OP for the next thread until Phailect guide has been updated
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible on 11.x

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/riJTLTqJ
archive.is/Yi0lU
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278213-mega-usa-super-mario-maker-nintendo-3ds-v1-01-update.html
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1177455
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax,
3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_browser
online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/formatting-external-hard-drive-to-fat-32/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/commit/fb0a11cc7a6c7b292fd7ede9af30a963c8e610f1
archive.is/34L2n
gbatemp.net/threads/ocdm-mario-maker-3ds-course-manager.451621/
github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/releases
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278268-mega-rpg-maker-fes-jp-rf.html
mega.nz/#!pxwHgIZA!SqBDHm7YNxIFpofnJwKFcFjFOUu3Jwz1d-I7pZNHr1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!1?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline. Asking WHEN doesn't make it come faster.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Check 3dshack and Gbatemp to see if someone has had your issue and as fixed it. If you're going to post your issue here INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE. You're only opening yourself to shitposting if you don't.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/riJTLTqJ
Last Thread: archive.is/Yi0lU

Checked fucking Wololo and they announced SD loading, just to mention later on it's still homebrew only. Fuckers.

Any eta on commercial loading?

I just found out in my country there is a market for already-pirated 3DS's. They sometimes go as high as 170% the price of the equivalent 3DS.

Wonder if I can make some nice pocket change this way.

Some might have been banned.

A few here and there, maybe, but there are some "reputable sellers" that have history of selling for more than five months minimum. If I can provide video evidence that they are unbanned it might help with my credibility.

Plus there is no Nintendo representation in my country so everyone feels justified in pirating.

If getting a 3ds at 10.7 or lower is nearly impossible and they provide evidence that the hacked ones are unbanned then you should totally go for it.

Mario Maker leaked on 3DSISO. Don't go online until Friday though

Inspiration came from seeing all of these threads here and on the Homebrew discord of people buying their 3DS's and they all come with 11.0 already. These only need another homebrew to install homebrew on them, so getting one and homebrewing it using my own 3ds and reselling seems like easy money.

Link: 3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278213-mega-usa-super-mario-maker-nintendo-3ds-v1-01-update.html

Why is N3DS almost double the price of old and is it worth it

-It loads and runs games much faster
-Has (like two) exclusive games
-Has head-tracking 3d, so the 3D effect is actually somewhat usable
-Got extra triggers
-Has some kind of c-stick
-Select and start in a more convenient location
-nfc/amiibo support
-I think it's got a native SNES emulator, so you'll actually be able to run snes roms properly on it

If you're going to hack it to pirate games AND play SNES roms, it's probably worth it.

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1177455

How is the australian target managing to sell N3DS cheaper (219 AUD) than the US (200~USD according to Amazon)

*N3DSXL

user, please.

Our currency is, from the last time I checked our exchance, which was the 7PM news last night, 1AUD to 0.75USD. Those $219AUD consoles are much more expensive.

Also, please point me to the site selling them at $219AU, I can only find them at $250 new, $240 refurbished.

Someone skipped math

During the transfer process:

What am I supposed to do here?

I got a blue icon over my eShop app, never seen it do that.
It spent a long while loading, so I turned the wireless off to get the disconnect error and quit.

Anything similar happen to you guys? What's the eshop notification?

It means you got spot pass data

Gonna buy a n3ds for homebrewing/piracy, any models/bundles I should be aiming for if I want it to be on an old enough firmware?

Also i always have spot pass data but i haven't gone out of my house in years and i live in a residential area
what is going on?

>Head-tracking for the 3D effect so it doesn't require juuuuuuust the right angle.

If you select "No" I imagine it'll just take you back to the previous screen and ask if you want to do it again. I think I picked Yes during my own DSiware downgrade and it went through without deleting anything but I don't recall, try No first and see what happens, though even if you delete everything you should still have that folder backup on your computer, no?

Yea, I pressed "No" and it just took me back to the first screen, so it's like I'm stuck in a infinite loop of uncertainty. I did back up all of my stuff so I may as well press yes I guess.

Nothing to do but that in that event. I don't recall my shit being deleted pressing that option, so good luck to you.

The transfer went through, so that's nice. But now when I try to use oot3dhax to access homebrew it just says "homebrew is ready" and crashes to the menu. The hax works on other 3ds's but not this one for some reason. There's probably something dumb I'm missing because I remember having a similar problem but I still managed to fix it.

My buddy had a similar problem recently which ended up being caused by Plailect's extra shit (unnecessary ropbin payload, whatever's in that config.zip), fixed it by just using starter.zip and nothing else. That the case with you?

Well I figured it out, it was because the payload in the oot3dhax was for the old one so what I did was run the installer again but this time I said the 3ds version was the version of my target 3ds which was a new one. I saved that hack to a different save file.

At least it was something simple

Street pass is 3ds to 3ds
Spot pass is internet to 3ds

I assume tomorrow the idiots like me who went online in pokemon early and got ban waved are unbanned?

Maybe

I wouldn't count on it, user.

Would transferring data from an unmodded 3ds to a modded 3ds fuck anything up?

So how does anybody know how to install the FE:if restoration pack? I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do it myself

Is it safe to update luma to 11.0-11.2, and download pokemon and battle against other players or are they still banning people left and right?

Hopefully

Only people who went online early got banned.

ITT: faggots who cannot read.

Ok, I've gotten through the NFIRM downgrade (double 3ds method) and now onto the 9.2 downgrade, but both steelhax and oothax are freezing on red bottom screen. I find that unusual as when I was modding the first 3ds if hbl got stuck trrying to load it would stick on a yellow bottom screen. Am I just being paranoid/impatient about this or did I miss something while following the instructions?

Also, answer to would be nice, please.

I tried playing Shantae (original GBC game) but partway through the first dungeon I found a squid thing and picking it up crashed the game, and on resetting all my save data was gone. The emulator did not crash, just the game running inside. The question is, whether the game itself is unstable or if the VC emulator is at fault.

Also are there any fun but small games worth chucking on my 3DS?

To my knowledge, if it was the emulator it would probably throw an error message and/or boot you back to the main menu. Also keep in mind that the game was pushing the GBC to its limits (and even had extra bullshit added if you played on the GBA), so the game code might be a little wonky.

Also you might be interested in finding Panel de Pon on FreeShop if it's on there. It's probably the best puzzle game I've ever played (tied with Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, but they're basically the same game aside from difficulty).

I'm not convinced. Before they patched it, using the "ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER" code in Metroid would actually brick the 3DS.

Wait what? Seriously?

Yeah. It's also known to fuck up real-life NES hardware.

Anyone know if those bans were permanent? Today's the day they should end, 15 days, but I don't have my console with me.
I just want to kill Hyper Savage Jho

I'm honestly just waiting until the weekend to check, mainly to avoid getting the timing off.

Sounds like boot.3dsx failing for some reason or another. Try a fresh starter.zip.

As for the question about a transfer from an unmodded to modded, probably it'd fuck things up if you were using A9LH (I have no clue how it works) but an emunand setup would have no problems with a transfer to emunand.

how canj i get homebrew on 11.2?

As far as I'm aware you need another 3DS system that already has homebrew, to transfer Steel Diver with steelhax to or to prepare an 11.2 Ocarina of Time 3D hacked save for.

What is your guys' wishlists for homebrew applications?

thanks

I think that already exists for Gen 6 in the form of PHBank. Not sure about Gen 7, though.

That would honestly make the 3DS version worth pirating, with its lack of native online functionality and sharing.

Homebrew nexus for Mario Maker would whoop ass, that the 3DS version doesn't have its main sell is a steaming load.

You can't transport from Gen 5. When the 3DS stops getting Internet support, it will be like RSE all over again.

Does anyone have a recent version of this 3ds list?

Thanks, turns out I didn't put the boot.3dsx in the right spot. I feel stupid.

It happens.

Nah if the emulation sucks it could result in graphic glitches or soft/hard freezes in the emulated console without crashing the emulator, think ZSNES and that Speedy Gonzales game. That's why I asked before I resort to RetroArch Gambatte, HBL isn't a lot of fun to run due to it taking over the regular 3DS OS.

If you don't read instructions. Lucky for him it wasn't a critical one to get wrong.

Not buying it. Not just a crash?

Metroid Wiki says crash that requires manual power down.

Yeah I figured. Same fearmongering happened with MN9 on WiiU.

Pretty sure they bundle shit with it

interested in this as well

Fish for it in the archives

My local walmart broke release date for mario maker.

Here's the latest I have

What do you mean?

Didn't Pentavision disband years ago and exist in name only?

How many of these are on FreeShop, I only recall seeing Mario and pokemon picross

Take a look and find out

Every game in the first 3 sections is on the Freeshop, except for Mario Party Sports Superstars obviously.
Didn't check the Jap games, as I can't into typing moonrunes to fine things.

I have a 9.8.0-0U 3ds that cannot access the browser, as it has never been updated from online (It was a 1.1U 3DS that I updated using a cart). Ninjhax doesn't work, as there seems to be no QR for my exact firmware (the last part before the region only goes down to 7), and I cannot use any other entry point, as they all require prior access to homebrew to even set up.

Would I be able to set up Basehaxx on another 3DS and use that same SD card for my first one, or am I just fucked for now?

I'm getting an error with my flashcart, I just installed the latest files and put in a new SD card and i get a screen that says ? MENU when I load it.
It was working fine a week ago when I had the old SD in, and still does with the old one. I upgraded from a 16 gig microSD to a 64 if that helps.

What's the supported format

tfw 11.1 and scared to hardmod so waiting for the dsiware without the other 3ds

does anyone know how to dump the pokemon sun moon savegame? I inserted my cart into my CFW console and started svdt from the hbl and it froze on a yellow screen.

Is pokemon bank or trading with XYORAS possible? I want to transfer my dittos and 6IV mons.

You're better off using JK SaveManager. At least that is what worked for me.

Something to improve StreetPass. Like something what lets you quickly switch the games that the system is sending/receiving StreetPass data for. I know there was something that let you turn a device into one of those StreetPass relay things so you could get a constant stream of them, but the last I heard about that was years ago…

I want a custom client for PictoChat that's compatible with the original one, along with some sort of online feature and StreetPass.

Guys. I'm following the guide posted in the OP and I'm currently in "Finalizing setup" step 13 here: 3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
Now the problem is that when I launch the Homebrew Launcher, I get this:

hblauncher_loader v1.2 by yellows8.
Requesting the actual payload …
Downloading the actual payload …
Failed to download the actual payload with HTTP: 0xd8a039
And then some other stuff telling me to report this or something.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Rogue SwapPass/SwapDoodle apps/serbs. Maybe something like an oekaki imageboard.
IRC client maybe.
Roguelike ports.

Why ask, we aren't getting anything.

I'm pretty sure that all the materials I need to hardmod my bricked N3dsxl are coming in sometime tomorrow.

Are there any special precautions I should take before I start?

How do I go about using the friend code seed thing to unban myself? I didn't want to resort to using it since it's being shared by all of GBAtemp+others, but i'm out of options.

Nevermind. Forgot to update.

Dreaming isn't illegal.

I thought that existed

So, can I access the online features of a pirated game without getting banned?

Only people who went online early before release of pokemon got banned and even carts got banned for early online. Please read.

Yes.

There is one, but I don't recall it's name.
Who would want to type messages on the 3DS anyways? It's hard enough to tell cunts to stop posting random quests in MH.

I'm trying to boot into the installer by going to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on my O3DS on version 2.1.0-4U.
However, even though I transfered all of the file s to my SD card using the instructions at 3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax, the browser just freezes and the installer is not being loaded.
What am I doing wrong?

3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_browser

That said just verify that you did indeed extract things where they need to go, and check your SD card isn't faulty.

The recommended way to update your EmuNAND was via the pop-up update prompt, not via System Settings, right?

Do it however you like.
If you're terribly bored with your existence and want to do something odd, you can boot HBL from EmuNAND using the .CIA version, then use SysUpdater with a manually ripped 11.2.
In the end, it doesn't matter, they do the same thing.

Odd, but cool.

Get to installing A9LH. It's so easy to do now, and you can even switch in your emuNAND stuff.

I did check.
All of the files are in their place, and the SD is not faulty.
Initializing browser data didn't do the trick either

Eventually, I gotta replace my 2012 3DS as is given the shoulder buttons are dying.

OK I'll let you off this time. Just do it through system settings provided you check the firmware version is an "Emu" one, and that you do not close it because you end up back in sysNAND.

Not sure what could be causing that to break then. You may be better off asking one of the devs, are there any IRC channels of that nature?

nvm, it suddenly worked.
probably just a glitch.

guys i'm still at cakes, is it worth it to move on now to a9lh? thanks

Would you guys mind answering a question regarding Wii homebrew? How do I set up an HDD so that both Wii games and GCN games can be loaded from it? Some answers I've gotten from other forums says I just need separate folders and FAT32 format. Others say an entire separate partition with the WBFS format. I have no idea which is preferable.

You're better off emulating in my experience tbqhwy famalam.
Actually playing through Seiken Densetsu III with the Sins of Mana IPS patch, it's amazing.

I know you're probably not here anymore user but you did swap the SD's between the consoles right?

When injecting the H&S app with FBI the FBI .apps don't appear, instead giving me only hs.app

Where have I gone wrong?

The FBI app gets injected into the HS app itself so it shouldn't appear as another app on your 3DS.
If it's not working however and decrypt9 said the inject was successful, double check that you're injecting the right FBI file and try again.

Am I fucked?

No need to sage, pal

Shit, sorry. I had to sage before because I had to delete a post to fix it and I forgot to remove the sage from the email field. Counter bump.

There's no reason why you would be

I put splash bin images in my luma folder, but they don't display when I boot up.

Ah, never mind. Didn't have the settings on.

Do you still need to go to iso site to get the updates for games, if you installed via cia?

Is there a new method?

can you elaborate on this one? I installed JKSM as well (on my 3ds folder on my sd card) and I started it from the HBL and it froze with the yellow screen as well.

How did you get it to dumping the save? Did you start it from emunand? Somewhere I read that newer 3ds games have a nasty encryption that makes dumping the save impossible.

If the cia was good with title id and things like that, freeshop is able to recognize it and give you updates and dlc if available.
I installed a bunch of CIAs and got the dlc for a couple of them through freeshop.
only a couple cias were bad.

If you've hacked your 3DS just use the cia version.

I do own a CFW 3ds with Emunand but my savegame is on my actual Moon cart. How do I extract it from there? My google research suggests that it is not possible ATM because the HBL must be "fixed" before it can work again or something.

I've edited my Sun save like 5 times already using JKSM and PKHeX so I know it works, but I installed the cia JKSM.

My legit 3DS is on firmware 11.0.0 while my CFW 3DS is on firmware 9.2.0
Might it be related to the firmware version? Maybe the save manager cannot open the file unless you are on the proper firmware for the game you want to dump?

Why don't you just install luma and update your sysNAND and not have to deal with that shit?

So I just install the CIA with the FBI application from emunand. Then I update my emunand to fw 11 from the original moon cart. Then I start the JKSM that was previously installed?

oh and did you play moon from an actual cart or was it a cia version?

I just figured out that on January there will be a Pokemon Bank update which will enable you to transfer your GEN6 pokemon to GEN7.

I will just use this instead. I have a legit 3DS with Pokemon Bank for online playing and new games anyway.

install jksv on your emunand and use it to dump the save. Also this:

just update your emunand thru system settings.

hopefully phbank gets an update before that comes out, but also it's really not that fucking hard.

Actual cart. And yea, install the JKSM cia, update your emuNAND and it should work.

Did any of the faggots like myself that got on Sun and Moon online early get unbanned yet?

Nope. Still getting 002-0102. I guess it wasn't a temporary ban.

Just checked, getting both 022-2812 and 002-0102.

Mine uses a 1TB as FAT32. I don't believe the folder name matters, but how the files are named does. Note how multi-disc GC games are, and also how Wii games need splitting if too large for FAT32.

To actually use them follow the guide for installing USB Loader GX and cIOS, and use Nintendont for loading GC games.

Hooray!

Still banned here. I'm trying not to resort to using the public friend code seed because I KNOW someone is going to fuck it up for everyone else.

I was banned rather late, on the 19th, a full day after the game released, so perhaps I should wait until the 3rd or 4th.
It's also around 11AM, December 3rd in Japan right now, so might only have to wait another 12 or 13 hours for their date to change.
Worse case scenario is I have to wait 24 hours to see the results or just unban myself, but I've been waiting patiently, so I'm willing to wait a little longer.

That's what you get for stealing

_____

I don't particularly care, since Nintendo only really restricted access to the eshop since I can unban myself literally anytime since I have a second 3ds. This ban does literally nothing to me, except take up some of my time and force me to dust off a 3ds I haven't used in a while and bother going through putting on cfw on it.
You have legitimate customers that got online early and are also still banned, whom at least some will be driven to get cfw and steal from Nintendo. In a sense, I didn't actually get punished at all, whereas legitimate customers that did get the game early may or may not be fucked over.

I formatted the HDD to FAT32, made a wbfs folder, set the cIOS to 249, and everything worked. Except when I exited usb loader gx and tried to boot it again it started getting finicky with initializing the HDD. I think it might be confused since I've connected both of the HDD's usb heads to ensure it'll get enough power. I've tried switching their positions every time the loader fails to init but I've had no luck.

You don't call losing a 3DS's online functionality punishment?

Managed to solve this by sticking the second head into my computer and keeping the wii close to it.

Thanks for showing me how to properly format the games, user.

I can undo my ban and play online again. I never use miiverse, I don't have any friends on my friendslist, and I don't use the eshop. The only thing I ever go online for is online multiplayer or getting updates/free pokemon via mystery gift and so on, which I can get updates and pokemon via freeshop and pkhex respectively. Since all unbanning does is give multiplayer functionality back, Nintendo did absolutely nothing to me except maybe waste an hour or two of my time in the future if the bans aren't permanent. So no, I don't.

Do you want friends, user?

yes
but that might mean buying a whole new 3ds
so no

I can post my FC if you want to see if it works or not

Friendslist and miiverse are banned from me too, same error as .
I have the income to get another 3ds, but I'm unwilling to go out and buy a third one to establish a friendship.Sorry user.

She rather looks sad to me. A very fake smile.

Watch out user, he wants to dress you up like a girl and violate you.
if you let him and he does though, post pics, no homo

because

that's okay

That sounds absolutely wonderfulbut I'm also an ugly faggot fatass so might as well quit while you're ahead.

I sure do love hacking my 3DS :^)

Watch yourself
we'll hack your boipussi next

I don't even own one :^)

I have an O3DS with A9LH and Luma right now. How difficult would it be to transfer everything over to a N3DS if I were to get one?

Not hard, just time consuming. You'll want to backup all your saves with JKSM. If sys transfer doesn't transfer your pirated games then you'll just have to redownload, initialize save data, and then import your original data.

Yeah system transfer does not copy over pirated games or homebrew.

That's a pretty awful solution, but as long as it works, fine I suppose. Enjoy! Wii is almost as good as 3DS for modding, except that the A9LH equivalent is patched out. Surpirsed they still haven't fixed the 3DS bootrom in newer 3DSes.

And suddenly it began working with both heads stuck in the wii

Does it transfer Freeshop downloads?

Apparently it does not.

How are you supposed to have an eshop downloaded legends of exidia if using eshop wipes your homebrews?

What does white font mean for Recommended Jp releases? Thinking of getting Etrian Odyssey 5.

Thanks user, it worked out. Got my games updated.

eShop wipes your DLC, and if you reinstall it, you don't lose your progress.

I think it was in the older copies of the chart, but it used to be untranslated/translated/scheduled-for-translate/fan-translated.
Couldn't tell you which colour was which, but if you check 3 games with different colours, you could work it out.

It doesn't wipe your homebrew, only wipes DLC. Often homebrew entrypoints like Steelhax are hacked save games, and Nintendo can't fiddle with save data on your system.

Obviously not. Freeshop is ARRRRRshop. That's why you have to actually buy DSiWare for exploit use.

Hooray.

I have a 2ds on 9.9
Is it safe to downgrade I heard that you can soft brick it by downgrading

theres a djmax game coming to the n3ds called djmax encore
pentavision got bought by nurijoy a few years back

Just downgrade it. You can have incomplete downgrades, but they're rare and can be undone.

Hey what's the recommended way to dump the save data from a real retail cart and inject it into a .cia?

Wanted to give my little sister my retail Animal Crossing, but keep the .cia with my save data.

jksm

well i guess emunand isn't that bad

Thanks friend.

update decrypt9 or check again

Are you sure? I seem to lose Homebrew Channel and FBI when I use the Eshop.

Update to a more recent luma updater.

Well, just bought Cubic Ninja for $30. Hope I can use this for Slowhax, or whatever drops after Christmas.

Holy shit why does formating to FAT32 take forever?

How do I format it to Fat32?

online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/formatting-external-hard-drive-to-fat-32/

Because you're erasing the entire SD card, don't do that! Quick format is all you need.

I did it with minitool partition and it seemed like it worked. But with fat32format it didnt seem to work and it took a long time but when I rightclick on the Micro SD card to see its format it still says exFAT instead of fat32

Yeah it seemed to work. Though on my computer and when I check the micro sd card and click on format it tells me its system it says exfat but when I put the files on it and put it back onto my n3ds it was exactly the same. So its good. Now I got 333k blocks of open space.

Now I just have to finish my 2ds.

I can't access freeshop.

it gets stuck on downloading cache r29, tries to extract it, and crashes.

Am I supposed to delete both 0000008f folders?

dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin

This site wont work and nothing happens when I press select? Tried it a couple times but no results.

It seems that the Plailect guide doesn't have any OTP-less instructions anymore, N3DS leads you through the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer method. Is there something wrong with OTP-less or just the guide?

Someone further up had the same problem but after many tries it worked. Browser hacks can be finicky. Check the files are in the right spot. Also verify that your SD card isn't wonky.

OTP-less was taken down for a while as there were more reports of bricking with the new SafeA9LHInstaller.
As to why the retard in charge of that guide didn't just tell people to use the old version, we will never know.

Go to the installer's GitHub Releases, and grab the 2nd latest one, problem solved.

I dont even get any of that, all I get is a blank page and the screen just freezes.

Thankfully I was just checking something on there, not modding a 3DS. But I'm curious now, have the devs been able to look at any of these affected 3DSes in detail? Maybe they've finally woken up to A9LH.

Actually I fixed it, turns out I think I was accidentally skipped 2 whole steps somehow.

So can I skip step 1 and 2? Because its my other 2ds that has no games or anything. Plus im not sure if the steps are clear enough to follow? Some of it doesnt make sense.

I really hate NoA

There we one or two surveys on /r/3dshacks to deduce the problem.
Likely just the dev trying to make it go 5 seconds faster and it ded.

I expect they're sensible enough to play it safe with this type of program but it's always possible they got some edge case wrong. Think for example Doom II sleepwalking sergeant.

Health and Safety app didnt turn into FBI when I opened it? Any clue?

If I had to guess, because it happened to me and others, you injected the backup hs app, not the FBI one.
Doublecheck.

Great catch, i didnt even notice it. Thanks user!

Can't seem to find that old version, link?

i keep getting an auto ctrnand transfer: failed, image corrupt or modified
does anyone know a ctr image mirror?

never mind the file was corrupted during transfer

Not sure if there's an older version online but the guide has a Git tree. You can view older versions of a page there.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/commit/fb0a11cc7a6c7b292fd7ede9af30a963c8e610f1

Find the file you want to see, click view (picture #1), then alter the URL to use 783eff1b86be9e5848b2a1118c5ffa322ff76212 instead (ID of previous commit)

However given that there's known issues with OTP-less you're probably better off doing the older method even if it's a bit slower. Also it's irrelevant unless you're on N3DS or N3DSXL.

I managed to get it going earlier by redownloading EVERYTHING in the armloader9hax step. Turns out I unzipped the entire lumaupdater instead of just extracting the specific .cia and that screwed everything up. Go figure.

how did you guys update your emuNAND
do i have to unlink them?

By upgrading to a9lh

This is a stupid question, but I want to make sure I've read everything correctly and avoid doing something even stupider:

Is 11.2.0-35U downgradable at this time, or am I stuck hoping for a Christmas miracle?

The guide says dsiware works with v11.2

A Few Questions

1: Is any 3DS hackable with relative ease?
2: Could I buy a Japanese 3DS, hack it, & play online with it?
3: Any drawbacks to buying a "new" 3DS XL? (I like bigger screens)
4: I hear certain 3DS systems have different screens (ips or TN). What should I look out for so I don't get a bad screen?

1. No. If it's got a firmware of 11.0 or higher then you need DSiWare or a second hacked 3DS.
2. Yes.
3. Only real drawback is that you can't swap out the faceplates.
4. I dunno on this one…

What brand new, out of the box 3DS systems have firmware 11.0 or higher?

The Black Friday New 3DS comes with 11.0, so fat chance there. My brother bought it and I can confirm it.

Which game I'm supossed to buy on my CFW'd 3DS if I want to downgrade my brother's 3DS, now that fieldrunners has been pulled from the eShop?

I think pretty much every new in the box 3ds is 11.0 or greater now.

Well there must be older specific releases that aren't produced anymore that have a lower firmware right?

If you can find one then sure. But finding a 3ds thats just been lying around for 6 months on a store shelf is unlikely with the holidays. Monster hunter special edition came with 9.2 native firm. Which is the big winner. The gamestop hyrule special edition came with 9.9 which is the one I got in January, and they discontinued it I think unless you get lucky then it is a refurb.

You can still find the Super Mario 3D Land bundle some places, which is 10.7.

I can't get on the shop anymore because I unlinked my sysNAND by formatting it. Is there a way to get around this issue?

Freeshop

I read it was only the first few batches of the n3ds that had ips screens. There was a batch of serials on gbatemp that had them so you can go store to store and check, but I'd say chances on getting an ips nowadays are very slim. I tried last year and no luck, though I live in a very populated urban area. Maybe you can find one if you live in the middle of nowhere and a mom & pop shop still has one.

Legends of Exidia

So how are you going about hacking your brother's 3DS? I haven't done so with my brother's 3ds because then he would lost all his savegames and all that jazz

Didn't know about that, goddamn.
Besides my CFW'd 3DS and my Brother's 3DS, I have another brand new 3DS bought on black friday (3 in total) Could I use my CFW'd 3DS to hack the Black friday 3DS and then transfer my brother's 3DS data to it? (I know, it sounds confusing as fuck)

Another question.
Save data from cart games is kept exclusively on the cart, or does it also save to the SD card?

Potetially, the only games I've knew from my limited investigation that save shit on the 3ds's SD card itself are Mon Hun 4 but only items and or equipment, Mon Hun Generations which saves everything on the 3ds's and fantasy life, same as MH:G, from what I read those saves are related linked to the specific console and you would need homebrew in the first place to make a backup of them and decrypt them so it can be used on the 3ds after the format, haven't seen a way to take them out of the sd and make a backup with 100% chances of working but haven't investigated a lot on that though.

Question
I went through the guide from switching from emunand to A9LH

I already copied arm9loaderhax.bin to CTR NAND

arm9loaderhax.bin was Luma

Okay great! Now I can boot without my SD Card inserted!

My main question however is this;

Do I still need to install SafeA9LH? Is SafeA9LH anymore brick-resistent than installing the Luma payload to CTR NAND?

If so, how exactly do I install it?

SafeA9LH is just an installer for a9lh

Yeah I figured it out. I got confused because after I flashed my emunand back to sysnand the arm9loaderhax.bin was wiped from CTR so when I tried booting without the SD it resulted in the 3DS just shutting off. All is good now though, I just restored it

Last question;
can I safely delete the a9hl folder from my SD assuming I already backed it up?

Yeah, but it's so tiny compared to games that there's no spacial benefit from doing that.

Update emunand by going to System Settings while in emunand and update there. Unlinking your sysnand and emunand is something you should be doing anyways, so get to it if you haven't already.

And as always if you have and use an emunand setup and are not interested in A9LH (which you no doubt aren't if you're coming into these threads asking for emunand advice) feel free to tell them to bugger off if they're going to suggest you go through all that horseshit setting things up for an entirely different kind of CFW when the one you've already got works perfectly fucking fine and the only practical difference at the end of the day is faster boot and 1 GB on your SD card which only really makes a difference if your SD is lower than 32GB.

And they say anons with a9lh are the ones that get triggered

It gets infuriating seeing the fifty-billionth time "i have [x] emunand problem" is answered by "install a9lh" when even with getting memed on it doesn't answer anything and may or may not be a less desirable alternative, of course I'm colon cranky.

It should infuriate you even more that people keep using sub-par hacks that you have to babysit. With A9LH all you have to do is keep Luma3DS up-to-date, if that. No concerns about exactly how you do a system update, no boot failures, much faster boot process, no emuNAND waste of space, recovery mode on par with Bootmii, no doubled GBA installs. You can even transfer your emuNAND over as part of the current setup process.

Your choices are emunand which is a pain in the ass over a long period of time that's so minute you forget about it most of the time or A9LH which is an extreme pain in the ass and then no pain in the ass ever again, going by my experiences between the two. I wouldn't go A9LH unless I was setting up a 3DS for the first time when piracy is the main concern..

Don't exaggerate. Setting up A9LH nowadays takes only a bit longer than setting up an emuNAND. When the rare issues with OTP-less are fixed it'll be even faster to do A9LH on a N3DS. The worst step is 9.2 downgrading and you have to do that for emuNAND too.

Whenever that may be.

Hacking ain't a walk in the park. In the meantime ctrtransfer isn't that much slower.

Which firmware do the N3DS in Australian target have?

and is XL worth 47 extra USD?

You should get one in your hand to see if you'd prefer XL or regular.

You see, friend, the n3ds can install a9lh while on v9.2. No further downgrading.

I can't think of any place that would have 3DS and 3DSXL side by side on display

maybe a store like gamestop has some refurbished 3ds and you can use them to get a good feel.

Except that downgrading to 2.1 is safer than installing al9h on 9.2 without the OTP.

Nice trips. I'm downloading it from FreeShop now. I've never played a pirated game online before, is there only a b& risk if you play before release?

Yes, as long as the game is out you won't be banned.

Hey, "Install a9lh" user here. Installing a9lh starting at emunand is so incredibly easy now. Since all you have to do is the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer, then install a9lh, that if people refuse to do it then their questions dont deserve to be answered. Same thing happened to Gateway users after non-gateway cfw happened.

Hope you don't accidentally update sysnand in one of the 4 ways it can happen. :^)

It'd depend on the individual shop. Avoid stores in the city area with a higher turnover of systems, avoid special edition systems, and make sure they have a refund policy, or that you're prepared to hack an 11.x one. For what it's worth I got a 10.5-ish N3DS XL from an EB Games, then a month or so later, an N3DS from the same one that was 9.6-ish.

The XL probably isn't worth it unless you find the regular N3DS screen too small because the XL screens are upscaled. Also I find them too big even for my large hands, getting the ZL/ZR buttons is awkward, and they're annoying to play lying down.

(meant to post this yesterday)

What's the best Game Boy Advance emulator for the N3DS?

The built-in one via VC injects.

It's me again. The guy who can't seem to hold onto a 3DS that works up to snuff. Now my New 3DS from Black Friday needs to be sent in for repair because the fucking thing has dust prominently inside the top screen. Just great! But I want to FUCKING play Moon! But all I have is my backup 3DS with an extra account on it. And the SD card inside it is much too small. I would have to use my one 64GB card. But I want that card to go to the New 3DS when I get it back from Nintendo. So there's a program I can use to backup and restore saves, right? But my backup 3DS already has StreetPass Mii Plaza, which I have to assume is non-transferable. I want to keep that data when I swap back in its 4GB card. Do I just export all the saves with whatever program and then update the 4GB card's StreetPass Mii Plaza data that way? What else do I need to do when switching between CFW memory cards?

Nintendo is going to update your console to 11.2, baka.

Doesn't it start at 11.2? This is the Super Mario one that was on sale for Black Friday (really Thursday).

The black friday mario one was 11.0.

You can't crack 11.2 yet, you're not even going to be able to get CFW.

They won't update it. I didn't even do the initial setup. And the issue is strictly hardware.

They always update it, even if the problem is hardware.

They probably wouldn't even look at the version, and if they turn it on at all, they'll see the setup screen and probably not do anything. Also, he has his other 3DS, which I presume has been hacked already.

Knowing nintendo they'll probably complete setup, update, then format it. It's probably standard procedure to try and prevent hacking while repairing 3ds's.

that implies they even need to complete setup. Nintendo has update carts, and the 3ds has a way to skip setup and run a cart.

I'm giving a 2DS with an emunand setup to a buddy so retardedly tech-illiterate that he can only just barely figure out how a zip file is unpacked, and even he can manage advice on the level of "only ever update from system settings in emunand". Why A9LH supporters pretend emunand is the most backwards-thinking hassle on the face of the planet is beyond me since I can own up to A9LH's positives just dandy.

You can use that System Transfer method if you're on 11.2 but it necessitates a DSiware purchase on the 3DS you're transferring from. Legends of Exidia is still on the shop and it's a compatible game, I think.

archive.is/34L2n

Is somebody really going to fall for this one? This reminds me of when Fagex pulled something like this with Runescape back in the day.

With how cucked and infested with moralfags the Nintendo hacking scene has been these past year, I'd honestly expect them to.

Care to explain more? I don't remember seeing that, but hell, I don't follow the scene that close the only thing I remember is nintendrones saying that "hacking/piracy is wrung 'cause zelda".

Also, this decision from nintendo is kind of stupid. They won't be able to stop people who already hacked and 3DS will be dying pretty soon with the switchmeme.

I don't even think this is real, nintendo already knows 3ds exploits, they're all open sourced after all.

gbatemp.net/threads/ocdm-mario-maker-3ds-course-manager.451621/

I have high hopes for this, although I don't think I can make use of the Wii U save conversion and such.

Jesus, that was fast. There's already almost a homebrew nexus for Mario Maker courses.

Why is it that after spending so much time trying to hack my 3ds I don't feel like playing the pirated games? So many games but I feel overwhelmed to play them all? I played most of them and only bit by bit.

I felt the same with DS, reason why I still haven't bought a 3DS

You've been given the keys to the city. It's not a surprise you have no idea what to do now.
Focus on playing something, you'll eventually forget you didn't pay for it.
Play a game you know you'll like.

Can I move to a bigger SD card by cloning it with dd and growing the filesystem?

Well if they do that to me, I can probably factory reset it, right?

If you're on arm9 you just have to copy all your files to your new card really simple.

option overload. you have too many things to choose from, so instead you choose nothing.

Factory reset doesn't undo firmware updates.

ITT: user provides tips on how to get free firmware updates from Nintendo

well, finished courses are finished courses

It's backwards for the reasons I already outlined. >>11390160

You could hardmod restore an existing NAND backup if you have one and they didn't replace the chip.

I doubt they would. Most hackers do it for fun, to enable more uses for the 3DS, or just as a fuck you to Nintendo. But then maybe I'm optimistic.

After the fact, yes. But what they really should be doing is getting their system right in the first place instead of endless turd polishing. If Microsoft can do it (see XBOX360 vs. XBOX), anyone can.

As fun as modding consoles is, you really need to have something specific you want to play, even if it's not 3DS games.

I've always used USB Image Tool and then a partition manager but it sounds like the same principle applies, yeah you can just flash an image of the old one to the new one and then increase the storage to fit the new one if you're using an emunand partition. If you're A9LH it's just copy-pasting everything to the new card.

Just pick one of the games at random and start playing it to completion. Pick off your backlog one by one.

so wait, I forgot. I have luma and arm 9 loader whatever. Can I safely update?

Play Monster Hunter Generations
online's pretty dead

starting the process on a Japanese N3DS, do I pick the 'No Browser' column at the start of the guide where you select version? does any 3ds come with a browser preinstalled?

meant to say, brand new never used J N3DS

3DS should come by default with a browser installed unless it's some retardedly low system version, not sure precisely which one. Only won't come with a useable Internet Browser if it was updated via a cartridge ie Animal Crossing's on-board 9.2 update.

Provided you're running A9LH (hold start at boot to verify, it should open hourglass9 immediately), and provided you update Luma3DS first, then yes.

What exactly do I need to do to transfer my save from the leak to a retail dump of Moon and not get banned going online?

JKSM or whatever other save-manager you have handy, Nintendo only gave a shit that people were going online before street-date. Even people with legit cartridges got banned, you can transfer save data any way you like and face no risk.

What do I need to use JKSM?

Nothing besides CFW, you can install it as a cia. github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/releases

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278268-mega-rpg-maker-fes-jp-rf.html
I wonder if someone could make a homebrew utility to port games
I want 7th stand user on the go.

fuck wrong link mega.nz/#!pxwHgIZA!SqBDHm7YNxIFpofnJwKFcFjFOUu3Jwz1d-I7pZNHr1M

How English friendly is it?

It's RPG maker, user. The mini-coding it does require is probably very text based.

Had a feeling, just wanted to have something new to fiddle with.

Always time to learn nip.
or just use google translate

TO THE RETARDS STILL WORRIED ABOUT POKEMON MOONMAN BANS
The Sun/Moon games, if downloaded from the eShop, are perfectly safe. You're only at risk if you go online with the leaked Lurantis .cia from before the official release, as it has a blacklisted header.
IF YOU STILL HAVE THIS LEAKED .CIA COPY OF THE GAME, BACKUP YOUR SAVE, DELETE THE GAME AND REINSTALL IT VIA FREESHOP
and don't make me post this again ffs

In the end, were the bans permanent?
I haven't turned my 3DS on since my sibling got me banned, and can't be fucked getting off my arse and checking it as it's like 20 metres from me.

CAN CONFIRM
monitoring this thread when I have the time to see if I can do it now or I gotta wait

the bans were permanent.

These threads go so quickly!

Looks like they got one thing slightly right security-wise.

Meanwhile no one bothers with the vita homebrew general anymore.

Is this a ruse

That happens if you install a different region version of the game. Like installing the European version in the US.

Literally

This

Assuming the update cards work the same way any gamecart updates, that wouldn't work, since that thing skips all cart updates and shit.

I wasn't saying the cart updates would be the same ones we have.
If we have a safesysupdater what makes you think nintendo doesn't?

I did this same thing, I just felt fucking tired of looking at it after struggling with it for almost a week. I just let it gather dust for a few months. Made a nice surprise when I remembered I had a whole library to explore

The SD card isn't even detected after growing it. Is there another way? Should I install A9LH? I'm still using Menuhax, with unlinked sysNAND and EMUNAND and SysNAND downgraded to 9.2. (EmuNAND is latest)

Yes use A9LH it gets rid of all that bullshit all your have to do when you get a new card is copy and paste everything onto the new card. No more partitions, no more dealing with multiple NANDs, and your 3DS boots every time without issue and without you having to launch any homebrew.