GoldSrc Games General

General thread for discussion of Valve games from the GoldSrc engine, before they went full kike.

Original game in the CS series, based off the Half-Life mod of the same name. Released November 2000.

Followup to CS featuring multiplayer and singleplayer missions.

Class based WWII mod for Half-Life, set in the European Theatre. Focuses on teamplay and objective based games.

Updated version of id's Quake, featuring updated models, textures and lighting

Valve's debut product from 1998 and first game to use the heavily modified GoldSrc engine. Still has a somewhat active multiplayer community today.

Expansion packs for Half-Life developed by Gearbox Software and published by Valve. Both follow the storyline of Half-Life's singleplayer from the perspectives of different people at Black Mesa.

Futuristic first person shooter released by Valve in 2000 featuring 1v1 and team deathmatch modes.

Fanmade co-op mod of Half-Life. Currently available as a standalone game for free on Steam.

Port of the 1996 Quake Team Fortress mod to Valve's GoldSrc engine and released in 1999. Team based multiplayer shooter featuring 9 classes and a variety of different game types. Still has one of the most active online communities of any GoldSrc game.

Other urls found in this thread:

files.anitalink.com/clients/hl/half-life/Half-Life_48_client_full.exe
moddb.com/mods/point-of-view
runthinkshootlive.com/posts/xen-warrior/
halfquake.com/
runthinkshootlive.com/hof/
gamebanana.com/guis/31061
moddb.com/mods/firearms/downloads/firearms-30-full
runthinkshootlive.com/posts/breakout-by-benny-blanco/
archive.is/gfQDH
fileplanet.com/82828/80000/fileinfo/Half-Life-Uplink-Addon-1.2
quaddicted.com/stuff/temp/fileplanet.php?filename=yourfilenamehere
moddb.com/mods/half-life-uplink-addon
moddb.com/mods/half-life-uplink-extended
moddb.com/mods/half-life-dreamcast
github.com/FWGS/xash3d-android-project/releases
8ch.net/source/res/23.html
github.com/FWGS/xash3d#License
github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think the creation of Steam played a big part in Valve becoming the greedy kikes that they are, but then again, I guess Gaben was always part of the tribe. He just managed to suppress his kike power level long enough for his business to make some decent products, but now he's unopposed when it comes to competitors in the vidya industry that's probably why Valve and Steam (to a lesser extent) has stagnant when it comes to quality for quite a while now. Also, the fact that Gaben seems to keep on pursuing these fucking vanity vaporware projects - A.K.A gimmicks, that don't seem to go anywhere.

The moral of the story: lack of business competition is extremely bad, it leads to stagnation and as a result, the customers will get sick and tired of the way the company treats its customers, the quality of the product, the business practices, and so on. The only way I can see Valve improving at all, would be due to them having to make an effort to compete with a newer business, that may have great potential to suck up Valve's potential revenue sources. The company needs to be forced to face some adversity, in order for them as a business to better themselves. Unfortunately, Valve is basically in a very comfortable position that has conjured up a general attitude of complacency with their past achievements and apathy towards their current predicament.

Did any of you play the full Dino Chronicles game? I only ever played the demo and thought it was good shit back then.

Gunman Chronicles, I mean. I just want some good dino games real hard.

You forgot Half Life Decay

Also, why does Nightfire run like fucking ass on Win 7 no matter hwat I do but everything else GoldSrc is fine? Is it just that bad of a PC port?

I still have friends that are pissed WON got a bullet in the back of the head. I miss Sierra, et al.

rightly so.

I almost forgot about that game. I wonder why it's not on Steam, even though it was released on PC? It was a co-op game, wasn't it? That's strange, yet again another thing that Valve seems to mess up.

it was only released on PC by modders.

Oh, I see.

and it was gearbox's crack baby not valve's, so if anything valve did exactly the right thing not letting that trash on steam (back when steam actually had some modicum of quality control).

The PC port it got is unofficial. Gearbox never released it on the platform. And yes, it's coop, meaning that to play it single player, you have to switch between characters constantly to advance.

Dreamcast exclusive co-op mode that was unreleased, Valve had Gearbox rush-port it to PS2, on the PC because some crazy modders managed to replicate everything after getting the files.

Playing They Hunger via Sven Co-op is the comfiest thing on Goldsrc.

HALF-QUAKE TRILOGY
PLAY IT NOW
especially Amen

I'd play but you niggers make me download 20jiggabytes of waifu pantsu.

I'm not the from sven co-op group here. I play with my own friends.

Is it any good? I tried playing Decay on PS2, but I couldn't stand playing it with a controller.

Mein volk.
Also:
I must listen to it again.

Base copy of HL compatible with Steam servers here (won't work if servers need ID verification though):
files.anitalink.com/clients/hl/half-life/Half-Life_48_client_full.exe

with two players it's just mediocre and doesn't really add anything significant storywise (then again neither did blueshift).

with one player just don't bother.

however I will say the vortigaunt level easter egg is kind of neat but of course ends almost as soon as it starts, shame they didn't just make a whole spinoff expansion out of that.

Blueshift was basically made to tell us how the scientists escaped the BM facility.

moddb.com/mods/point-of-view

cool, that actually reminds me of a mod that had you playing as a grunt. I think it was made by Wesp (VtM Bloodlines unofficial patch author) if I'm not mistaken.

*alien grunt

found it
runthinkshootlive.com/posts/xen-warrior/

halfquake.com/

play it retards

well I didn't design the site and you still need it to download the games retard

Just Finished Opposing Force. As someone who never played these games when they came out, here are my thoughts:

Half-Life: It's fun even in ((the current year)). A lot of games after this copied the 50-50 approach to gameplay and story/sound design, and a lot of them don't do it near as well as HL does. That being said, all the GoldSrc games are buggy. The most reoccuring bug seems to be elevators killing you when they stop moving. The AI is great in combat, but borderline retarded in non-combat. Guns are all cool/never contradict one another.

Opposing Force: Not as good as the original, but nevertheless fun. More scatterbrained in focus, as the game just kinda ends out of nowhere and can't capture the fantastic pacing of the first. The barnacle grapple is a very neat idea, but is slow and buggy. The Displacer is functionally similar to DOOM's BFG, but buggier; The alt-fire is inventive and I wish they could have done more with it. The sniper and spore launcher are great additions. The M249 is fun, but is basically a more powerful assault rifle. The shock roach is fine functionally, but not nearly as interesting as the hivehand in Vanilla. Most voice work is exceptional, despite the low audio quality. Sadly, none of the new enemies are as memorable as those from the original; The pit worm in particular is a very close copy to the tentacle in Vanilla, and the black ops soldiers are reskins of the grunts from Vanilla.

Blue Shift: The worst of the three, although still fun taken by itself. Both this and Opposing Force are shorter in length, but that's to be expected. Nothing save level design and the character of Rosenberg is new here. Nothing really much to say here; A neat look into what happened to the more prominent faculty members, but not as interesting as Half Life or Opposing Force.

I'm leaving out Decay because I don't have a Dreamcast.

CS: Nothing I could say would suffice here. Still great fun after 16 years.

Day of Defeat: Fun, but outclassed by future shooters. Decent overall.

TFC: Still great fun. I wish fortress forever was still played.

Half-Life was never released for the Dreamcast. Blue Shift came out of the canceled port where it was originally going to be exclusive content.

The thing about Opposing Force and Blue Shift is that neither has the level design or pacing that makes the original great. Opposing Force ends up being pretty good because it has so many extra weapons and enemies, but Blue Shift has less weapons and enemies than the original. Taking away assets from the original game is a pretty dumb way to make an expansion. I guess Blue Shift has a slightly more interesting story since all the stuff that happened actually matters in HL2 whereas Opposing Force is retconned or maybe just completely ignored if you want to look at optimistically, but both still have pretty boring stories anyway.

Also you can actually use the M249's recoil to go really fast.

So what are your guys favorite singleplayer mods? They Hunger, Azure Sheep, Point of View, Afraid of Monsters, Paranoia, all of these have special places in my heart after dumping dozens of hours into Gold Source mods. I was always blown away by how many were just so good.

The ps2 version can be played entirely with usb keyboard and mouse

You can play decay there is a port for PC.

Okay, and this has what to do with the thread?

That Valve made good games up until they went full shekels again with Steam and games as a service. Now they have no reason to make games that are as good as they used to be (really they have no reason to make games at all) because they just sell other peoples games and do gimmicks like VR and Steam Machines on the side.

What does that have to do with this thread?

I always felt this never lived up to the hype. It was cool, but it wasn't the masterpiece I see a lot of people say it is. To each his own though.
Mah nigga that better be the DC version. It got me listening to that dark abstract kind of music you hear at the main menu and intro. It peaks really early before it gets kinda stale/predictable. Still a highly recommended mod anyway and it was made by a fucking 15 year old kid. Are we mentioning Cry of Fear? It was pretty goofy in the story and voice acting departments but it was genuinely creepy at times. Pic related was a well done scene.

only true for singleplayer, for decay co-op it's two controllers or nothing.

Its not about being greedy or Jewish, its about the struggle for power that capitalism is and always will be, politics of all kinds are the same, Valve saw an opportunity and played its cards extremely well and thus gained a major upper hand in the balance of power and have decided to exploit it for all its worth. Now that's bad news for us peasants yes but Valve doesn't need to keep the peasants particularly happy anymore they just need to keep their high ranking employees and associates happy since they are, for the moment, much more important than the consumer.

Your right about them needing some real competition to shake them up a little, its the only way things can change at this point.

I actually, genuinely, played through Half-Quake and Amen on Sadistic difficulty and beat both of them, ask me anything.

Afraid of Monsters, Sven Coop and Poke 646 and its sequel are my favorites.

I bought it when it first came out. I had a really fun space cyber cowboy thing going on with some neat vehicle sections. Also dinosaurs.

Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who actually thought Blue Shift was better than Opposing Force

If you factor in the HD models pack, sure.

The unofficial port works quite decently. Played it on its first release and it was flawless.

oh and as an added bonus when you have the HD pack enabled it messes up the models for 9mm ammo pickups in some maps, making the 9mm ammo pickups' look like the mp5/AR pickups or vice versa. real professional work there gaybox.

the pistol and mp5 always had different ammo pickups with different amounts of ammo given

It's another holdover from the PS2 port, where the AR and the SMG are two different weapons with different ammo supply and so on. As is, just pretend it's a Colt 9mm SMG, my dude.
so good

runthinkshootlive.com/hof/ has more good shit than I will probably ever play.

correct, and with HD pack enabled you will sometimes pick up say a pistol pickup for instance, and get the ammo increase of an mp5 pickup or vice versa, I have observed this in multiple parts of Opposing Force, wouldn't be surprised if it also happens in Blue Shift as well.

except I own the PS2 port and I'm like 98% certain they didn't have separate ammo supply there either, that was just some myth somebody spread.

Gunman Chronicles
Crack-Life

just to clarify when I say pickup I mean clip/magazine

what a second, I just realized you said the AR and MP5 are separate weapons that are both included in the PS2 port, that's just flat out wrong. PS2 version has a Beretta replacing the Glock, and the Colt AR replacing the MP5 SMG, and they still share the same ammo supply. There is not an SMG and an AR, just the AR.

Then imfdb lied to me

I think it might have been some fuck up on Valve's part because the Steampipe / Linux update was kind of shit since the original model pack only replaced the graphical models, and the original Steam versions of OF and BS were shit with missing multiplayer, soundtrack, and bugs.

>One chill as fuck Australian server kept up by a guy who did it for fun before finally moving on to killing floor.

Never again.

Also found out that if you step on ice on Opposing Force you can't stop sliding.

Yeah me too. When I found out about it there were only ~3 servers left and they housed some of the biggest faggots I've ever come across.

Add Firearms on that list. It was a MP FPS designed around lots of guns, lots of skills and wounds affecting how you play the game. Getting shot in a limb reduces accuracy, getting shot in the leg slows you down, and fall damage breaks your leg. Don't worry, if you have a skilled medic nearby he can apply a splint. Also it had cool spawns like jumping out of a Osprey with a parachute.

There are 3 servers up for it, Holla Forums could have a game.

Can I get a guide on installing and playing most goldsource games? I know how to run the .exe and extract the files for a goldsource mod, but how to actually run the mod is a mystery.

if you have a steam version:
start half-life
custom game
pick mod

fuck no I don't have the steam version. Am I SOL?

just a heads up, we have a Sven Co-op general already
going strong since january

cracked steam version

also custom game is in the non-steam version as well actually did you not see it?

also realized the steam version doesn't have the custom game menu unless you have a modded one so nevermind about that

I have both one from Warzone, and the version linked in the thread. Neither of them have custom game in the options.

How do I get a modded version with the custom games menu?

It's the WON version, pre-steam. There was even a boxed copy released with CS 1.0, TFC, and like 5 other mods.

What does the menu of your version look like?

Warzone version and thread version

Also the alternative is to make a shortcut to the game "path to game/hl.exe" +game (mod folder)

you can install this mod to add the button gamebanana.com/guis/31061

That worked, thanks. Now only if I remembered how to turn off bots so I could fuck around.

I can't find a download link for They Hunger can anyone help me out.

Link install, also is Source anygood.

Source was good, then it went dark for a few years and came back with a new dev team that added xp and ironsights and all kinds of weird stuff. Still fun, but I don't know if there's servers up. It did have the KS-23 shotgun, though.

moddb.com/mods/firearms/downloads/firearms-30-full

There's three methods:
Any given version should support at least one of the above.

There are servers up, but they're dead.
Recently got a new dev but no update yet. I am eagerly waiting because FS:S was kinda like a less shit Counter-Strike.

Any of you cunts down for a match.

Reminder that you can get half life for free from Steam if you download Cry of Fear. Provided that you're unwilling to pirate it or give your shekels to Jewell.

I remember this site from way back when it was still called PlanetPhillip. There's all sorts of shit on there, it was fun to look through the archive searching for hidden gems. Here's a good self-contained map that I stumbled across a few months ago:
runthinkshootlive.com/posts/breakout-by-benny-blanco/

Goldsource is the comfiest FPS engine.

EYE is Source.

What about Syndicate Black Ops? It is the spiritual precursor after all.

And as we all know, source is SHIT.

That's Goldsrc I think, never actually played it.

If you like HL:DM use jkbotti, and sturmbot for DoD. Foxbots are great for TFC.

When was this? Are you from an alternate reality?

certainly it was better pre-Greenlight. just look at the salt from this whiny hipster indie dev because Steam snubbed his shit back in 2011, announcing a 'Never On Steam Sale'.

archive.is/gfQDH

Down, what version?

one of the most fun ctf maps btw

Bumping with semi-related screens

This thread is now officially dildos.

But is he wrong?
shitty posters like you are really starting to tick me off and these people should go back to halfchan

I think so, yeah, and I'd love to go into it as to why, but I've done this before and every time I blow the fuck out of your chimp arguments, you either stop responding or your only reply is "GO BACK TO CUCKCHAN" even though I've been here for years. Sorry, I'm not a fucking child where I have to act like a Hillary voter and nig out when something I don't like gets said, or throw down because someone has a disagreeing opinion. If you actually think that the company who saved PC gaming is the evil that is killing it, then go on ebay and look for a copy of Bioshock. Install the rootkit that can brick your optical drive, and tell me how privileged you are to be buying games that don't have a login passive client associated with it. Enjoy your phone home, your snapshots, all the bullshit associated with DRM before Steam became the least invasive form of DRM. You can break Steam protection in under a minute on any game, this is intentional, because GabeN doesn't see piracy as the evil that most companies say it is.

Heaven forbid you might actually pay for a game though.

inb4 he continually "updates" it for over a decade making up "cut content", actually cutting content and introducing new bugs so he has something to take credit for fixing

WHERE IS THE Holla Forums MP GAME

pic related is you

It's not like a publisher can make a really good digital storefront that's helpful to the industry, and also ruin their developer side by focusing on their digital storefront and losing all the development talent and ability they once had, whilst the path of easy profit causes them to damage their storefront with endless indie garbage spam, and damage their multiplayer games by filling them with microtransactions and assorted nonsense. Not to mention you're disregarding a whole thread filled with content just because you don't like just because of the second post, and not even bothering to read the thread before you complain. Nice dragon dildo though, upvoted.

nah, I don't think he's touched HL modding at all since he became focused on bloodlines patching

he also made a mod that inserts the Uplink demo mission into the main game, warps you into the Uplink map from one of the last portals in Lambda complex, that one's pretty cool imo, so there is documented proof that the guy can make a simple effective mod that's not full of bugs without fucking around with it forever.

Huh, that's what happens in freeman's mind, I didn't know it was a real thing.

You think "HEY DID YOU GUYS EVERY PLAY GAME?" and a reply of "YEAH I PLAYED A LITTLE BIT OF IT" is actually enough to warrant saying "this thread talked about Gunman Chronicles?" That would be like someone making a Metroid thread, saying "Let's not talk about Other M" and then saying "oh yeah, and we talked about Other M briefly" because someone mentioned it in passing.

yep, here it is if you want to try it out holy crap fileplanet is still a thing?
fileplanet.com/82828/80000/fileinfo/Half-Life-Uplink-Addon-1.2

Looks like somebody was working on an Uplink mod for Black Mesa, it currently appears about as finished as Black Mesa.

embed is Uplink for the PS2 port, you could get it off a disc with some magazine (OPM or something).

I think it's only for archive purposes at this time, as in nothing new can be uploaded there anymore.

when you click download it redirects to some ad site, you can search for the file in an archive here
quaddicted.com/stuff/temp/fileplanet.php?filename=yourfilenamehere

that didn't happen to me, I just redownloaded it in case I didn't already have it on a backup drive. make sure your ad blocker is enabled I guess.

The fucking demise of my existence, that site was full cancer back then. I'm glad moddb caught up.

Huh, it happens on some files but not on others.

well fuck me, he has a 1.3 version on moddb

moddb.com/mods/half-life-uplink-addon

might as well mention the uplink extended mod while I'm in here talking to myself

moddb.com/mods/half-life-uplink-extended

also
seeing these ammo mags lying around wouldn't help in sustaining that illusion, but those can be easily modded back to the original appearance if you wanna go that route.

then there's still the issue of imfdb telling me that HD beretta shouldn't be able to hold as much ammo as the SD glock but I'm really splitting hairs at that point, I don't care for the HD models personally but it's not like I have a choice if I'm playing the PS2 port I like those animated med/HEV stations too goddamn much, I am a sucker for the stupidest bullshit.

GoldSRC thread i.e when Valve was making games… good times. GoldSRC is a great engine even today (it's a fork of quake engine, so no wonder) I used to mod HL and CS so much as a kid.

Speaking of Gunman Chronicles. It's a full retail game, right ? I didn't know that until 2 years ago or so. I remember I bought some magazine once and the whole issue that month was dedicated to half-life, it was its anniversary I think. It included CD with lots of mods for HL1 including…. Gunman Chronicles. That's how I played it.

Another issue is the HD Beretta doesn't have a slide animation when firing except for the Blue Shift one.

I got the same demo disc, but I didn't play GMC, and didn't know it was a full retail game. Later on I found out and I was like "eh?" Just like I played a game which used the Quake 1 engine from a demo disc, which I didn't find out til later was a FULL RELEASE game. And I still don't remember what the game was, or what magazine it was, but I'd like to play it again and I don't know what it was.

I was under the impression that every game on those discs were DEMOS, so looking back now it's kind of a "oh shit" thing where you realize, the demo discs weren't implicitly just demos and I was simply too young to appreciate that fact.

I think it is his team that is full of jews. For example when that Hatred game got removed it was not Gabe himself but one of his guys. Chet Faliszek for example is a huge faggot.

Anyway, the way I see it Gabe is just a old man now who is out of touch with the gaming community. He gets all his news from his corrupted workers who are only interested in filling their own pockets.

If you look at the way Valve balances CS:GO and Dota 2 you can see that they love statistics, it is very possible that people at valve convinced Gabe that everything is alright by showing him how people keep playing games and dozens of people buy shit from the store and stuff like that.

Fucking Valve kikes

I fire it up just for that sometimes.

I think you're right, it's like he's unaware that they aren't first and foremost interested in their job security. It's kind of what they deserve for running a business like communists.

Well there's a mod for that.
moddb.com/mods/half-life-dreamcast

Heart of Evil looked like shit but hell it was fun to play, the enemies and the low poly models + the vietnam theme were great to me.

Aslo has anybody played Half-Life: Invasion, couldn't play it because i didn't had the WON version of Half Life.

sage cuz doublepost

Daily Reminder
The Goldsrc engine was rewritten using the available source code into the Xash3D Engine

Xash3D is fully compatible with Goldsrc except its free as in freedom

Its main build target is Android, however, so if you want HL1 on the go, then there ya go
github.com/FWGS/xash3d-android-project/releases

There's a remake of the mod that's been out for a few years now, gives it a bit of polish.
I'm almost certain that I played it through Steam way back. You could always pirate the WON version.

DOG BLESS

where?

My favorites are Hazardous course 2 and maybe The Trap, I also really liked the Timeline series.
I also posted some here More than a year ago: >>>/source/23/

I played invasion, it was pretty cool. If I recall correctly it was a french mod. The only thing I remember from it is that it had per-limb damage, a lighter and a cinematic ending.
I also played heart of evil, good mod.

For fucks sake, here
>>>/source/23
8ch.net/source/res/23.html

No, it's not free-as-in-freedom : it's a complete licensing mess that Valve will slap down the moment it gets popular outside of the Russian mod community.

Me and another developer from The Battlegrounds (goldsrc) were going to attempt a standalone using Xash, but after reading into the source + comments from other developers backed away due to how much of a potential clusterfuck using it could be.

Whats the problem?
According to;
github.com/FWGS/xash3d#License
The library is licensed under GPLv3 license, see COPYING for details. CMakeLists.txt files are licensed under MIT license, you will find it's text in every CMakeLists.txt header.

Have not played that one but it looks like there is some sort of Steam patch on moddb.

The design of that mod is superb and the author has a great attention to detail, but it's unfortunately a complete bore. I really wanted to like it.

It's riddled with code lifted directly from the goldsrc sdk and the interface doesn't function without the halflife vgui library.

github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife

That's not the source for goldsrc.

If you wanna use a BSP engine to make a game and you're not using a Quake sourceport you're doing something wrong.

I miss this mod so much..

Bullshit

I know the unreleased DC port is available, you can even play it on a real DC; the point however was that Decay is not part of the Dreamcast port, it was from the PS2 version ported by Gearbox.

All those novelty maps were pretty great. Climban, concan, rocketjumpan, adventuran, puzzlan, monkeyballan, skeeballan, golfan and whathaveyou. Even entmaps for some pre-Gmod buildan and general administrative fuckery.

And, you know, wack-ass mods, like that WC3 mod for CS.

Hell, most of it has that sort of WC3 custom map vibe to it with the near-endless possibilities, and there's always something different right around the corner.

There was a standalone game based on it.

Well, looks like there's enough to fill a few servers still at least. Am I the only one who got depressed when everyone would leave during Hunted maps? That shit was so fun to me, launching this fat bastard all over the map.

marphitimusblackimus on youtube has some fascinating vids on HL easter eggs and various shit like AI behavior

Last few times I checked it was full of bots. I think there was a real server with players, but it had a password on it.

I wish Holla Forums would organize a server. I miss hunted, that was a cash map. THE had some of the best customs too. I loved the stupid shit on Axl TFC back in 2005 or so

Tried hosting a Holla Forums server for this one multiple times but it didnt take off

fact: valve spent more time on roach AI than they ever spent working on HL3.

Sierra was just another evil publisher. They're part of the reason Valve made Steam.

The remake removed the helicopter sequence due to "visual quality".

What in the actual fuck, lads.

Right, didn't think of that until after I posted. That'd make for a pretty nice game night, for sure. If there were enough of us we could get some crazy murderball going on.

I miss battlegrounds so much

I used to be a pro with the rifleman's butterknife

some serious good maps on that mod too

God, I remember when this came out. I was done with this game the second I joined a server

Was is really that bad? I never managed to find servers for it.

it was high skill ceiling

I only found out like last year that vid related has a singleplayer campaign. Many years ago some classmate lent me a very old CD with HL mods, I think from some magazine. It had Wanted multiplayer, which I'd play with bots, was stupid fun, as well as counter-strike v1.0.0.5, Sven Co-op, Firearms and Heart of Evil (which I only remembered about because of this post ), I couldn't really play these because I didn't have internet at home. Should have copied that disc, this was like 10 years ago when it was still very common to borrow/trade/copy old PC and PS2 games among friends because lol3rdworldcountry where internet access was terrible and buying new games/systems was expensive as fuck.
When I did get internet (2009-10) I started downloading and trying out stuff from moddb and fpsbanana but the only thing that really stood out was Night at the Office, just because I found it pretty disturbing. Shortly after that I got into Steam and playing games online, but I guess I was a bit late to the party, never really had the experience of goldsrc multiplayer.

bump reminding responsible bullsquid pet owners that keeping her on a regular feeding schedule goes a long way to prevent irritability in your new companion and you don't want to make her angry.

I haven't played any single-player mods, recommend me something that isn't Crack-Life or a redux of the original game.

right here retard

Afraid of Monsters, Azure Sheep, Poke646 + Vendetta, Someplace Else, Sweet Half-Life, They Hunger and USS Darkstar are all essential HL mods.