Star Fox Zero is GOAT material

Despite the concentrated effort among casuals who DON'T enjoy learning how to play a new game, Star Fox Zero is quickly gaining a reputation for being one of the most overlooked and underappreciated titles this year.

The game has an incredibly deep learning curve that most retards could not even begin to grasp. Much like how Argonaut pioneered modern FPS controls in 2000 and were slammed for it, Miyamoto pioneered a new control system for this game.

This control system WILL replace the dual stick control scheme we are used to. We have already seen the start of it with releases like Splatoon, but motion controls aren't going anywhere and will become the definitive control method for games in the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Xagzb0g8NY&t=470s
youtu.be/A-wCJmSB_H4?t=3m2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

here's the thing, SFZ wasn't bad because of controls but rather the lack of replay value, content and overall structure of the game. There's no reason for it to be 60 dollars or even 40 dollars on release, it was worth 30 at most, the fact that it was over 40 dollars for 4 hours of content is a abysmal. The controls themselves are fine, although the cockpit switch is a hassle for most people due to the inaccuracy of the cursor on the screen, as opposed to the view on the cockpit. I liked the Wolf battle though.

Okay. But the biggest problem with Zero wasn't controls, it was lack of content. There weren't that many missions, branching paths worked on a worse mechanic than it did for 64, the Gyrowing stages were planned badly.

If you managed to 100% the entire game, including medals and other unlocks, in 4 hours I would bow down to you. However something tells me you only mean beat the game once.

If you don't understand why replaying the game is supposed to be fun, you clearly didn't get it.

Get out.

Cody, if that you being OP,
FUCK OFF TO MIIVERSE AND CUCKCHAN!!!
WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER NINTENDO AUSTIST LIKE YOU SHITTING UP OUR Holla Forums!!!!

well the fact is that the medals are pretty useless if you bought an Amiibo. Also IIRC I put in around 8 hours. Either way everything you said was correct.

is this cody for sure?

Nah man.

No, definitely not. We found out some time back that he just ripped a photo of someone else off the internet and pretended that was him.

Its not GOTY, its an excuse to shove in motion controls and justify the pointless gamepad features. Plus the severe lack of content compared to even Star Fox 64 says a lot, it doesnt even have multiplayer.

Make up your minds, people…

But are there goats in it?
Goats are a good gameplay feature.

That was a terrible shooter, even on the PSP there were more fun games to play on it.

fuck off cody.

"The controls are challenging" is basically code for "the controls are shit but since I don't want to admit it I'll blame the players". Challenge should come from game mechanics, not bad controls.

Nah it was shit, controls were shit, story was shit, bantz were shit, the gyrocopter should never have been included, the only good things were the landmaster's transformation because you could fly forever as it regenerates mid fall and the final Wolf Fight on the spherical battleground, that's about it for Starfox Zero.

Checked and confirmed.

i could've used the wii remote to shoot instead of the gyroscope

Reminder that forced gimmicks controls are never good no matter how much you shills try to say otherwise.

The game is Star Fox 64, but anything that was changed was to make the game easier, shorter, or worse.

Your retarded defense force needs to stop clinging to "You just can't learn the controls" and realize that the controls are the least of the games problems.

It's an incredibly garbage project and a waste of the best opportunity we could have ever had for a star fox game.

's it time to do this yet?

I hope by "this" you mean "Kill yourself".

you can say anything to me, but your dick doesn't lie

You're a fucking casual

What?

Oh hey it's this meme again

This is one of those complaints that absolutely SCREAMS that most of the game's critics never really played it. All the game really shares with 64 is the general setting and plot. The actual missions and gameplay is completely different, and a blatant improvement.

Exactly, even the AI is improved over 64's.

You're an idiot. A rehash is a supposedly "new" game that is just the game general concepts and gameplay with a shinier coat of paint. 64 3D was just a remake for a portable system.

Dark souls?

Pretty much everything is an improvement. The controls, the boss fights, everything.

Do you have an actual argument to prove me wrong?

I really miss the Nintendomination threads only because i laughed at on how retarded they were

Nope. According to Holla Forums, all Nintendo fans are fags.

You're as retarded as >>11342790

I meant an argument from you, autist.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Xagzb0g8NY&t=470s

Cute. Here's a video explaining why your video is shit.

FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY
FUCKOFF CODY

Okay, who is Cody?

Jirard (And everyone who liked the game) played through it more than once. LIke you're supposed to do.

Faggots like DSP and the Polygon guy who called it the WORST GAME EVER had trouble finishing it once.

I liked SFZ but it was too little too late for Nintendo. They've garnered an audience today by pelting them with tons of mario and zelda games but left other IPs to dry. So SFZ only had oldfags and people like Holla Forums buying, so it definitely wasn't going to make numbers needed for it to be a success.

Also forgot about this.

Except "WOW I'M MASHING BUTTONS" is actually right, for once, they are shit. Any game that dedicates a button to fixing the controls when they inevitably fuck up is going to be shit.

You realize nobody over the age of 18 cares about Zero Punctuation, right?

Except the controls aren't shit and there isn't a button that fixes them, dumbass.

The same guy who quit Monster Hunter 3 after struggling to beat the Great Jaggi? Kek.

youtu.be/A-wCJmSB_H4?t=3m2s

I'm just waiting for actual criticism about the game you fags are shitposting about.

I was going to make a comment about how fucking retarded you are to defending this bullshit with forced controls that should have been optional but I see lots of other people have done it already

Done so, and failed.

Just like how you are ignoring me and other fans for pointing out that you simply are too casual to enjoy the game.

anyone else want to fire their blasters inside him?

Except that's just calibration, not "fixing broken controls". Splatoon had it. Are you going to complain about Splatoon?
Where? Point them out.

Star Fox Zero has both the same and opposite problem as Skyward Sword did with the controls. Both of them suffered from motion controls that needed re-calibration often. However, while Skyward Sword's design shoehorned its gimmick in constantly, you were rarely if ever required to use the free aiming in any real capacity. It certainly didn't help that the TV reticule was inaccurate to where you actually shot. Basically they fucked up, despite Sin and Punishment and Kid Icarus both having titles that had the free aiming shooting on a rail shooter (SP with the Wiimote, KI with a touch screen). Heck, Splatoon managed to use their motion control much better. Not sure how Zero fucked it up.

Except Zero doesn't.

The answer is simple: The game is not the problem.

Where are your arguments or critiques? Also Nintendo doesn't even make Pokemon, dumbass.

Does your dad also work for Nintendo?

Then why does it have a dedicated re-calibration button? It's been a while since I played Splatoon, but I don't recall there being a button dedicated to it like in Zero or Skyward Sword.

Game Freak does (poorly I might add), Nintendo basically just publishes it and owns a third of the rights. They don't even publish any of the mobile titles if I'm correct.

This is how casual you are.
Who are you quoting? I said Zero doesn't require re-calibration often.

You're right, splatoon does have that shit. Know what else Splatoon? Alternate control schemes that don't entirely rely on gimmicks.

This entire thread is garbage and should be nuked to stop the spread of cancer and AIDS

Nigger that shitty website is full of NeoGaf
Nintendo is shit, but Wind Waker is something they nailed.
If we were to number all the shitty things Sony has made from paid online and shilling NMS to the PS4Pro wed be here forever.

Fuck
Keep posting

To be fair, Zero does have non-gyro controls, but only for the Arwing, and none of the other dumb vehicles.

Zero does, and whats worse is that unlike Splatoon it doesnt give you an option to fix it.

It's not only bad because the controls are convoluted bullshit; it's bad because there isn't much content and what is on the disc is shit.

I know, because I replayed Starfox 64 countless times, because its levels were good and it had multiple paths that I could change on a whim to mix things up. In Zero, I'm stuck going through the first couple of levels the same way each run before I get some options.

And those options are to go to "levels" that are just one on one/two fights with Star Wolf members. Star Wolf isn't fun to fight when it isn't the whole team. Just make me fight the whole fucking team. Then the rest of the levels are walker or god forbid, gyrowing shit. There's so little here that even if you fixed the controls I would never touch the game again. It needs interesting, varied levels and not-fucking-terrible vehicles for them.

anything for you sweetheart~

Zero has an ordinary stage select screen. Anyone who had actually played the game would know this.

No, they suck Sony and Nintendo cock and joust their collective cocks about it just like GAF does.

I dunno, I was underwhelmed when it came out so I didn't get it

Considering what absolute faggots who can't play games most game reviewers are, maybe I should look again

thanks
keep at it faggot

To enable it to be calibrated if it does go out of calibration
Y button

ftfy
Which are inferior to tilt aiming.
It was, though. Sony Santa Monica and Sony Online Entertainment both developed games.
It wasn't. Epic Games did it.
Quit being mad you got proven wrong.
They have less influence than you think, user. Game Freak and Creatures Inc. have more influence than Nintendo.

user you're fucking retarded, we're fucking talking about how Zero DOES have a re-calibration button. And it doesn't need to be done often if you don't throw your controller around like a maniac.

I recommend pirating it, it's so easy to do on Wii U. I also recommend pirating Wonderful 101 if you don't have it yet. It's a much better game by Platinum, probably in their top 3 best games (the other two are Transformers Devastation and either of the Bayonetta games)

**Its trash, Platinum usually makes games that can go for casuals and non casuals.
This one went full casual
Its the Wii Metroid Other M 2 button syndrome all over again except this time its the fucking gimmicks

Except it isn't trash, furfag.

Nice proxy Cody

What's the point of even pretending to have branching paths then?

High score attack, and you can only stage select when you aren't doing the campaign mode.

Wew, let me guess you are the same faggot who start saging poke threads once the conversation becomes critical of gamefreak.

Fuck off fanboy.

"No you're just a casual"

I beat Gradius when it first came out when I was 8 years old back in 1985 skippy, and have beaten Contra NES without the Konami code because I didn't know at the time it existed because I played it over our mid winter break when I was 11, and have beaten Contra III when it first came out on its hard mode along with countless other "Hard" games that make today's gamers top ten list hardest games, not to mention the hundreds of NES/SNES games beaten without guides because THERE WAS NO FUCKING INTERNET

But please son, tell me about how I only dislike the game because it's "How hard the game is" and how "I just don't get it"

Where did I defend amiibo?

Also let me add that without the internet and access to guides/codes, THIS was our only "Edge"

They made games like Strider NES a fucking cakewalk

read the fucking image.

It's time to wake up and try new games, user. Being a nintendrone is cancer.

Where did I defend amiibo? In fact if YOU read the image it says I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of who is defending amiibo with their "waaah unlocking things in game makes my amiibo worthless"

>GOAT

It will be a great game well above the average

……….but GOAT?

Nigger please

hahaohwow.png

The biggest problem I have with Star Fox Zero's controls is that the game doesn't accommodate the change in controls for a majority of the levels. There are a few select fights where the separate flying and aiming actually adds more to the fight, like when you fly over some bosses like a bomber and shoot at it below. For those the change actually feels worthwhile and not just a tacked on feature.

However most of the time the game is just like other Star Fox games where it's rail-shooter, and here the controls completely detract from any challenge there is in the game. Part of the challenge of Star Fox was how your ship could only fire in the direction it was facing. Combined with the fact that most of your enemies weak points were directly in their line of fire, the challenge came from being able to weave in and out of danger while popping a few shots or getting your lock-on ready. It's the same sort of challenge you find in 2D shooters. In Star Fox Zero however that challenge is almost completely gone, as now you can practically hit anything on the screen without ever being in direct danger. While some enemies kind of make up for it with some harder to find weak spots, the majority enemies and stages are still similar to older titles and haven't been properly changed to line up with the extra abilities of the player. That's ultimately what just makes the experience not really as fun as it ought to be. The real problem wasn't it was "too hard", but rather it was too easy once you adjusted to the controls. There's no "deep learning curve" here to be found. No, learning controls is not difficulty.

Also fuck the chicken walker and gyrocopter - the former for having a turning deadzone that takes up a third of the fucking screen and the latter for just being thoroughly unenjoyable to use.

What game does it remake?
It's a 3D scrolling shoot em up game, not a rail shooter. A rail shooter is something like Time Crisis, dumbass.

How the fuck did you get that, the first image is saying that unlockables are pointless if you can buy an amiibo to circumvent.
I don't like Amiibos even when they are adding NEW content, why the fuck would I be fine with them when they are just a fucking cheatcode you pay for?

You got throught a fucking path = rail shooter you cum-gobbler furfag

Is English not your first language or something?

Star Fox is a fox, not a "GOAT". Are there even any goat characters in the entire fucking game?

I don't even think Command has one, to be honest with you.

Where are all the fucking goats?

You want a pat on the back

For the record, there is literally no inclination to believe you. It's the fucking internet, Hell I am billion dollar man Bill Gates posting from my home drinking whiskey with Steve Balmer while my wife sucks our dicks.

So next time you want to stroke your ego like that, just remember, no one gives a shit

We've already caught several people lying about having played the game when they haven't. And these days, Holla Forums is the only place where people will shit on the game.

It's a 3D shmup. It's like Gradius, but in 3D. Is Gradius a rail shooter?

If you think either is a rail shooter, you have no concept of what a rail shooter actually is

in undertale

Do you honestly believe that?

Yes.

Pretty much everyone who has played it since the game has come out agrees that the controls 'controversy' was fabricated by a corrupt press.

I was going to post proof of my ID but then you back peddled like the little faggot you are so posting such would be pointless because you'll just think of something else to validate how "Everyone who doesn't agree with me is a scrub" mentality you've fixated on

Read the ID's homolord. That was my first post in the thread. It's possible that there is more than one person that disagrees with you. I just decided to call you out

As an adendum, I wasn't calling you out on your opinion, I called you out on gloating like a fucking retard pretending like these accomplishments (which you probably made up) in an attempt to make people give a shit because some other faggot called you a casual.

Protip: you could be the toppest of players and you would STILL be called casual. So actually entertaining that was fucking stupid

All 300lk or so people? The game still sold badly worldwide. There are plenty of reasons to shit on the game, it being delayed 2 times is one, it being short and lacking many replay-ability reasons is another. The control issue is nothing compared to those two.

To be perfectly honest, it's not much less any re-playable than StarFox or StarFox 64.

Also, I hardly believe a game being delayed is a reason to hate a game. There's been tons of delayed games that have fared very well.

Sales indicative of quality
EVER

Not trying to defend it though. The game was just ok, and I got that shit for free

Consensus arguments never go anywhere not cancerous. It leads to gay half-chan shit like Unpopular Opinion Threads. I hate a wide variety of titles.

Except it is, since Starfox 64 features branching paths on multiple levels and not just a few, and Starfox SNES had three paths that were all different difficulties, and 2 secret areas that required replaying through to get.
I give it flak because Zero lacks a lot of polish, especially when you have Shiggy, producer of this Zero, famously saying "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." The problem here is that Zero feels delayed and rushed at the same time. Like while Platinum was working on graphics and modelling for the game Nintendo EAD sat with their thumbs up their asses for the longest time with no idea how to make the game until they needed to eventually shit something out. After all Miyamoto did originally say in E3 2014 he wanted the then unnamed Starfox project to be more episodic (and much like the Thunderbirds, which explains the Gyrowing and the vehicle transformations) than a singular game.

You also forgot to include the fact that Star Fox has alternate routes and a all range mode.

Macro Leon

So do many rail shooters

Except Starfox SNES didn't have these and is still an example of a 3D scrolling shooting game.

Quads.

nope

I'm retarded, sorry

this bullshit "but you didnt play the same few levels over and over again to get a perfect score therefor the game isn't short" argument needs to die. by that same argument i could make a game that lasts five minutes but include an achievement or medal for some arbitrary bullshit that only happens once in 400,000 5 min runs and then when people complain about my short ass game go "oh but you havent unlocked the golden anus, you still have like 300 hours of playtime left in this bad boy"

And this is why every game should only include easy mode. Seriously, hard mode is just artificial difficulty and dumb padding.

Hmm.

I think you're actually missing the point of these complaints if that's how you're looking at it. 64, and Zero sharing the same kind of plot, planets/levels… essentially 60% of everything in game feeling identical (

I meant "note the term"

Except they don't. Way to prove how you never even have looked at the game.

we should just get rid of gameplay all together so everyone can enjoy games. gameplay is just artificial difficulty.

Real talk, anybody who bring up Jirad the Nintendo Shill's review as proof that the controls are good could not be more of a fucking degenerate human being.

Jirad had his mouth on the PR cock so fast, he must have burned off his morning breakfast of Youtube's cum

I just don't see why I should play this over SF64 and I own a Wii U. It just seems like a waste of money and I half expect the game to drop framerates and annoy the piss out of me anyway.

The fact their is no alternate Andross fight is reason enough to not give them money.

I really liked Star Fox 64, but the controls seem kind of strange. I got used to Splatoon controls because it is simply superior to the thumbstick but the fact that I have to constantly switch between screens seems rather unintuitive.

thematically the game is riding on nostalgia for the n64 version too much. That's what what I'm talking about. hence why I said "same kind" and "feeling identical." If you actually tried to comprehend what I typed out. The structure of the game is practically the same exact thing. Some levels were purposely designed to look and feel like the N64 levels.

You really can't just use the reticle on the TV screen like everybody else?

Except that's false
And that's false.

Because both screens have information the other screen does not provide.

"No."

Is that going to be the extent of your response? I'm not going to carry the entire conversation if you're just going to do this.

user, your claims are like saying the sky is green. Of course I will say no. No, Zero has different level setup and progression than 64, none of the levels are similar besides some superficial differences, and all of them play differently than their 64 counterparts. This is the truth.

That argument is as retarded as saying call of duty single player modes have dozens of hours of replayability because of different difficulty levels.

So in your logic in order to 100% Donkey Kong Country you have to only beat the game once?

There has never been a short game if you measure it by the time it takes to 100%. I'm sure The order 1886 is substantial if you do whatever it is you do in that game to 100%. Assuming there are optional things to do… maybe not every game is that way, but most are.

i was shocked and disappointed at how yoshis story could be beat in like 40 minutes. 4 worlds with 4 levels in each world. but you only played one level per world.
i really wanted to like that game, even if it was kinda gay.

I liked the game and bought it without following anything about the game but.

It's an amazingly responsive system, but nobody seems to get how to use it.

Why did you reply to a thread that was over 24 hours old?

But you couldn't. The wiimote only works when pointed directly at the screen, the gyro let's me fire at a 90 degree angle in any direction.

Because I found it in the catalog, and I was interested?

I'm actually in this. I was probably drunk when I posted.

lol

Please don't necropost. THREAD LOCKED.

>[You have been issued a warning for this post. Reason: Bumping a dead thread.]

wew lad

You can just stick with either screen if you want, frankly the gamepad is the better option anyway. Snap reflexes will let you aim faster than ever.

Jesus at least fucking try.

Are you implying any semblance of a majority here has anything but disdain for Federation Farce?
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're just a low energy baiter.

if they were low energy how'd they bait you?

Low energy doesn't mean no one is going to reply.
I mean it's low quality and doesn't keep the facade going for long at all. Obviously I haven't been bothered to read the rest of his nonsense.

Okay. Move fast, aim good. Lowbrow enough for you? Just use whatever fucking screen you want, it works fine. Or don't since it doesn't sound like you give a shit, which makes me wonder why you're here.

I wish we could all collectively stop talking about Star Fox and forget it ever happened. It's just so embarrassing to remember.

Platinum Games didn't even develop it, user, they only did the graphical assets.

Hunters 1 was great, don't see why they didn't just do that.

You know.

A Prime game.