Series butchery

There is a Jazz Jackrabbit game on the GBA.
It takes everything good about Jazz Jackrabbit and chucks it right out the window. There's better shovelware on the system.

Do you know any series with games that don't deserve to exist? Be they of the same ol' formula executed abysmally or with a new spin directly into the trash, this is a thread about abominations that would be garbage even if they weren't tacked on to a legacy of success.

Jizz Jackoffrabbit

Fallout 4

Banjo-Pilot sucked ass. I mean it was fun as it is but the whole hook is that you're flying planes. Why the fuck does flying over the edge of the road slow you down?

At least it led to New Vegas, which was pretty solid

/thread

By killing Van Buren and causing this faggotry. The series is forever tainted. Bethesda slit Fallout's throat in front of BIS, forced TES to birth a clone, and groom the clone to marry TES.

I googled Fallout 1 and it was fixed but still.

And to fo4.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, a totally unnecessary sequel that fucks everything good from the franchise.
An already defined world? Fuck it Golden Sun terraformed everything. Also 'ancient' ruins popping up everywhere and have been there since forever. You must have missed them while exploring the world in your levitating ship in the second game!
Remember the original cast? Good! Because we're out of ideas. Here: these are their kids and that's it.
Want something new that makes absolutely no sense besides the entire plot? Furries are now an overpowered wind adept race! Also there's this kid who's actually Alex's bastard child. Just because.
Did you think golden sun was too easy with all those overpowered summons? You don't know what 'too easy' means, let's demostrate with this entire game.
God Dark Down was such a massive dissapointment.

Which is weird because Jazz Jackrabbit is basically just a consolation prize for kids too poor to afford a genesis and Sonic.

I like how the entire game was pretty much a sidequest.

I cannot agree here. Jazz Jackrabbit is good on it's own merit, and you could play it on your parent's IBM PC instead of getting a shitty console to play autism the hedgehog. And JJ2 became a good multiplayer game with big modding and mapping community (since they developed it alongside UT'99 and kind of became a testbed for it)

Unfortunately nobody realizes the potential of multiplayer rabbit shooting and nobody wants to give it a chance now. It fizzled out just like Earthworm Jim. It died not with a bang, but with a shitty GBA game

It died with a shitty 3d spyro-like demo ;_;

That Dungeon Keeper "game" comes to mind

I'd do it again. Despite being a massively disappointing Golden Sun title, it was still an okay JRPG. The only truly unforgivable sin it committed was points of no returns, but I have forgiven those with time.

I just want Golden Sun to have a proper conclusion. It's too cruel for it all to end on that shitty cliffhanger. Also the furry was pretty cute, and definitely OP as hell.

It was a leaked alpha, they didn't even get to finish the game.

Van Buren is being remade at least user,

real life

What cliffhanger? I felt like golden sun 2 ended pretty well. Alex's implied to sink with the mountain and die while a new age dawns upon the world and the villagers just have to rebuild or live somewhere else as refugees.

Didn't GS2 already have a race of wind adept werewolves?

I don't remember that. I think it's been nearly a decade since I played it.

It was in this town called Garoh.

I guess I need to replay that game. It doesn't change my opinion on Sveta being too broken but at least I know the werebeasts didn't pop into existence in the third game. Thanks user.

Yeah, it was okay, but that's about it. I wouldn't call it a good Golden Sun game. In addition, while the points of no return were certainly an unwelcome addition for prior fans, there were numerous other issues that really leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

Different group of them that are basically just humans that developed lycanthropy (and only turn into beastmen during full moons, if memory serves, though it's ben years since I played myself) due to proximity to psynergy dust blowing off Ayer's Rock. Bit different than the out-and-out furries in Dark Dawn.

On Unity.

Not BloodRayne: Betrayal?

These too, arguably.

[spoiler]COCKRINGS

Other M

Heroes of Might and Magic.
It's called a trilogy for a reason, calling what happened after a butchery is putting it kindly.

I pretty much feel the same. It was a very very wrong Golden Sun game, but on its own, it still had that magical feel, the djinn system, psynergy, overworld interaction for puzzles, cool summons, all the stuff that attracted me to GS in the first place. The main quest was definitely garbage though, it was a big sidequest that got forgotten and had a cliffhanger.

It still hurts.

Final fantasy post-6

It's not. If anything it shows the insecurities of people like designer Cliff Bazinga. I love the jabs at Apogee for making EGA games when Jazz itself looks like a low-rent Amiga port. Pathetic for a game that came out in the interim between Doom 2 and System Shock.

If you need to satiate your 16-bit platformer-with-gun fix, there was a much better game that came out just a few months later called Earthworm Jim that had some good SNES and Genesis versions but an even better Special Edition on Sega CD and VGA-equipped PCs.

I still don't know what the fuck were they thinking with those redesigns.

I was pretty fucking excited for it, too. I loved the first one, and every other Tales game I had played up to that point.
This game was horrible. From the trash story to the shit characters, to the nonsensical twists, to the bland gameplay, to the abysmal voice acting. Holy shit it was bad. The very worst of "it's just a misunderstanding that would be cleared up if this character said one fucking sentence about it" bullshit. Horrible fucking "edgy character with a damaged past" and "demon character that learns friendship" shit. Anime cliches to the fucking max. I thought that the first one was all anime cliches, but this one manages to double down fucking hard.
Going through the world should have been exciting, exploring the new world created at the end of the previous game and seeing how Yggdrasil is interacting with the new world, but it was a boring fucking slog. The worst part was that it even had strong potential and some really cool features that were fucking wasted. An interesting elemental system that doesn't matter because you can just Unison everything to death. A cool monster capturing mechanic that fails because monsters you catch suck and aren't viable in battle, you con only have 4 at a time, and capturing monsters is too fucking weird.

The only thing good about this fucking game is that I can use it to softmod my Wii U's virtual Wii.

I was a huge NiGHTS fan, and was really looking forward to this one. I even fucking pre-ordered it. Right off the bat, it confronts you with some ludicrous voice acting, with Nights talking like some British twink. Figure the game should be alright, but at least half the levels are human platformers with some terrible fucking controls. This on top of the terrible story with cutscenes everywhere, including some annoying fucking owl (who actually gives a fuck about the plot in NiGHTS?).
The flying levels were alright, but I don't know whose fucking decision it was to make the new NiGHTS sequel less than half Nights levels.

What is it with PC platformers having shitty games on Game Boy?

Yeah this game was bad. I wouldn't say horrible because at least the monster catching system, while not great, helps keep it a little interesting. The story was absolute trash, the part where you have to chase down the light frog or whatever they call it was like a bad filler from a bad anime, the combat was just stupid by giving you only 2 controllable characters and forcing you to plug in a second controller to control the original cast, uncontrollable monsters and a game over if all your non-monster members die. Then there's that dumb elemental circle thing you need to catch monsters. Would be interesting if the characters you control had elemental spells, but no they give you two physically oriented characters. And the overworld… evidence that the game was either underfunded or rushed. They didn't even put in all the towns from the previous game. I did not expect this game to be bad, since the previous one was very successful and the Wii platform was the biggest at its time, so it was fairly disappointing. At least they voiced the skits this time around.

British Twink? Show me, sounds hot.

You can't fuck up harder than this.

you berate the voice acting but at the same time say the story and cutscenes dont matter

Welcome to unskippable cutscenes.

I know Ganbare Goemon likes to try different things, but this is absolute disrespect to the franchise.