Which one is the worse of the two?

Which one is the worse of the two?

Other M had alright art direction, shit story, corridor levels and not good gameplay.
DmC had garbage art direction, shit story, dumbed down gameplay, but pretty cool looking levels.
I'd say they are equal.

I think DmC is better at being a game then other m is. I also think that you could argue DmC is more fateful to it's franchise then other m was but that really isint saying much.

DmC: DmC at least is considered an alternate universe, while Other M is canon.

DmC is slightly better because it's a separate universe.
Additionally, while being shit, it actually tried to be sort of a DMC game gameplay wise, somewhat.

Assuming it is, then no other Metroid game is.

Thanks for reminding me.

Yup, Prime series was basically fucked after Other M and was completely ret-conned.

Not just Prime, but all of them. Each of them have some lore point that Other M contradicts, leaving Other M alone in an isle of canonicity.

At least dmc gave us a bunch of laughs. Nobody was laughing when other m came out.

Metroid: Other M never got this treatment.

The least worst one will probably be the one to get a sequel first, proving that it at harmed the brand less. Capcom did at least try to get DmC somewhat unfucked with massive patches and a rerelease to fix a lot of complaints, you could never patch out the worst of MoM. Whether that salvaged anything is up to people who gave enough of a shit to look into it.

Can Other M do this?

I remember seeing a post about this but don't recall the specifics.

OM was shit but at least they didn't go all out crucifying the real fans of the series like with DmC, they just shat all over their expectations

Other M is the only canon game if Other M is considered canon

Great now I want to just destroy! my Other M disc.
Any ideas? I'm not a creative person.

I recommend using the disc as a flight stabilizer on top of a small model rocket engine.
Shoot someone with it.

This one.

The only difference between Zelda canon and Metroid canon, is metroid doesn't have hundreds of years between each game to iron out the plotholes.

She killed Ridley 7 times. in a span of less than 10 years.

Clones and tubes, mang.

I haven't really followed the modern Ninja Gaiden games, so what's wrong with YAIBA?

Short version: See this video.
Long version: Wait about half an hour for me to finish this vidya.

at least DMC DMC was a decent game in its own if you ignore all the franchise rape. other M wasn't even if you ignore all the shit.

P O T T E R Y
O O
T T
T T
E E
R R
Y Y

What the fuck is even the point then?

Nice.

Okay. So first things first you should know that Yaiba is the unholy child of Team Ninja, Spark Unlimited(of Legendary and Lost Planet 3 fame) and Comcept(Inafune's hackjob of a studio). As a result it feels like it's all over the place with it's designs, where one part seems like a decent idea but then has like 2 flaws to offset it.
Next thing you need to know that for a game with a Ninja Gaiden name it plays like literal ass. It kind of feels like a mix between a musou game and a cuhrayzee or whatever you call the genre game, but with the worst parts. You're fighting zombies most of the time and they do not pose a threat at all and it's barely satisfying. Why? Because you have a moveset that feels like it belongs in a god of war game, except you can't jump(Except for on rails platforming sections) and what little fun you can get from the somewhat original subweapons is diminished once you realize they fucking degrade.
Then you have the music. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, then you realize Grant Kirkhope is the composer and you wonder how he even ended up making music for this piece of shit.
And finally there's the bosses. There's a grand total of 4 bosses. Zombride(You fight her thrice I think), Some dog, Ryu(you fight him thrice in the level I posted, twice the whole throw zombies at him deal, once an actual fight that's somewhat fun because you have to contend against Ryu and Momji healing Ryu every now and then) and the final boss Del Gonzo who is literally the absolute worst gimmick final boss I've ever played ever.

Finally I'm not entirely sure on this but I think that Temco was going to see how this sack of shit was to perform first before deciding on whether or not to port the rest of the NG games to PC. Thing is this game was very poorly marketed(the very first trailer was literal shit) and very overpriced(60 at launch I believe).

The writing is okay. Most of the time it was sexual innuendo towards Holiday who really is breddy qt but sometimes it's really cool like with the izuna drop in that cutscene.

From what ive seen ninja gaiden 3 already put the series into the grave, as a huge fan of 1 and 2 I wouldnt touch 3 with a ten foot pole.

Razor's Edge is worth a shot in my opinion. I haven't played 3 so I can't tell you what changes from 3 to RE but I enjoyed RE. Not as much as Black/2 but it was breddy fun
since we're talking ninja gaiden is From Soft's Ninja Blade worth a pirate?

Ninja blade is worth a pirate, its short and has annoying as fuck QTEs though.

Fuck.

WEAK
NO RESPECT

Now you gotta tell me user. Tell me about the shitty gimmick.

The only thing i can think about while watching that webm is joseph joestar's "OH MY GOD"

I don't remember much except

DmC was a dumbed down DMC with extra platforming and some dumb decisions - not horrible but not all that good. Other M was a shallow action game with shitty exploration that did not work as a proper Metroid or as its own title. In terms of story, both of them are equally retarded. In terms of art style, Other M just apes Super Metroid but made it more shiny and shit, while DmC was a blue and orange mess. For music Other M was pretty bland and DmC was a cringey wub-fest.

I terms of presentation, THE BABY was only slightly better. But overall, FUCK YOU has the edge for gameplay that's not completely unsalvageable. In terms of media coverage, only Movie Bob gave a shit about Other M while the entire gaming press evangelized DmC.

So in conclusion: Fuck both of them

I'm not trying to compete here or anything, but was it as stupid as fighting wave after wave of new, never before seen enemies, only to realize they never stop coming and finally seeing the main boss hiding in the background and all you actually had to do to win was lock on onto the boss?

fuck you :)

DmC. At least with Other M, you can say there weren't gaming "journalists" who were blatantly paid to defend the game.

That's just not true.

Something tells me that they weren't even paid to shill. The creator had a lot of ties to game journalists in an old magazine and some people just defended it because "weebs hate it."

Other M
Retro Studios made the Metroid Prime series and then Nintendo let Team Ninja make a glorified movie about a retarded woman in space.

For DmC Capcom let a bunch of britbongs who call themselves Ninja Theory make a cringe inducing game that is at least tried to play similar to DMC.

The lesson is don't put the word Ninja in your development studio or at least don't throw IP's they've never worked on at them.

This is from the manga with the swole shota isn't it
Have they ever updated it, I just remember it having like two very enjoyable chapters and that's it

Thanks Inafune.