Doom thread

Shooting Demons With Various Guns: the Game

WEBSITE/COMMUNITY

doomwiki.org/

The OFFICIAL Doom Wiki, actively maintained and supported by the Doom community. Want to learn more about Doom? Check this site first!

FAQ/Pastebin, updated semi-frequently

pastebin.com/vPbiw4NR

IRC (Password is in the FAQ.)

irc.zandronum.com

Channel: #vr

##Our WADs can be found here!##

pastebin.com/5sKRiJzS

TUTORIALS/UTILITIES

pastebin.com/7vKYWYp0

WHERE DO I GET WADS?

Vanilla/Boom: doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/

ZDoom: forum.zdoom.org/viewforum.php?f=19

/idgames torrent (as of 11/25/2013; 12GB): dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13513277/idgames.torrent

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/get/Tx87P6Idw67r/All classic Dooms, heretic, hexen, strife and chex quest unzip 'n play.zip
wadaholic.wordpress.com/
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=52270
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53605
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54400
twitter.com/epyoncf/status/804482084702187520
just
forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3775&sid=9ad607e78ae3cd59b2a6baf637a33502
forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=4628
maniacsvault.net/projects
mediafire.com/file/u9g08tdl644cyme/Lowtech 08-11.pk3
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=47980
github.com/ChaosForge/doomrl
github.com/ChaosForge/doomrl/blob/master/bin/lua/items/uitems.lua
doomworld.com/23years/index.php
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
a.cuntflaps.me/bzvmei.wad
doomworld.com/idgames/deathmatch/skulltag/utnt_inv
allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=dtinv3c.pk3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

quake, dn3d, shadow warrior, marathon and blood is better than doom

they're all special

Quake I'd agree with, but not the others.

So im playing doom 1 with doom4d on nightmare [because the doom3d guns are overpowered anyway].

Obviously im losing all my unlocks and stuff every time i start a new episode, is there any way to retain my weapons and unlocks/cash between episodes desu.

at the start of episode doom resets your inventory so no

lmao

Forgot this.

No, episodic games back then were a start to 0 each time, if you wanna make it continuous, you got to use a changemap cheat like changemap in zdoom's console

Quake has better multiplayer, but in terms of singleplayer not a fucking chance.
lel
I might give you Blood though, goddamn I love that game.

that infograph is from reddit, what do you expect

None of Quake's guns felt satisfying compared to Doom though.

If it really triggers you that much, post a version with a definition that is more respectful to your safespace. …Or are none of you even competent enough at an image editing software to manage that?

Unreal > Quake

I fucking loved Unreal. It's wonderful.

who /oblige/ here? 7.50 is out and its maps look much better than before, alas they take longer to generate

oblige.sourceforge.net

is it any good?

This is 4chan?

does anybody have Moon Man Doom?

I wanna see Quake with more atmospheric levels like Unreal. Basically stuff like Arcane Dimensions

oh shit, Oblige maps are actually good now.

Can anyone link a pack with zdoom and the wads ?

You can get zdoom from it's damn frontpage or the drdteam devbuild repository.
Wads can be found here: volafile.io/get/Tx87P6Idw67r/All classic Dooms, heretic, hexen, strife and chex quest unzip 'n play.zip

preddy fun

I keep all versions of oblige because each version makes maps in somewhat unique way

I guess you must really feel obligated to do it.

Mostly due to shit sound design/quality. Outside of Reznor's cool ambiences and a few monster sounds Quake has overall shitty sounds. Just take your basic shotgun for instance, it goes "plouf" rather than "Blam!". Why would you ever want that?

It's definitely more than just the sound, many guns simply don't provide satisfying feedback. Just compare Doom's SSG to Quake's SSG, for example.

I like the low poly 3d more than sprites though. A mod converting Doom to Quake's graphical style would be cool.

I was referring to the reloading animations moreso than sprites vs 3d models.

I definitely agree with you on the weapons, I just like the 3d style of the monsters more.

I guess Terminus is a redditor then

Do we have any multiplayer Doom servers up?

I haven't checked out Oblige in a while, I just kept on playing new maps by folks. It seems with every release people keep going "the maps are better than before", though, are there any major changes with these recent updates?

Oblige 7.50 update has a new map generation algorithm which makes it less boxy overall and sometimes it makes even symmetrical sections. It uses some sort of growth algorithm whose name escapes me right now.

I just wanted to play MetaDoom

Use ZDoom instead, nearly every single GZDoom mod works with it. IIRC GZDoom has some retarded system requirements because it uses OpenGL3.0 with some hacked in 4.0 features. For comparison: Crysis is an OpenGL 2.0 game.

I had this problem.
I assume you have an Intel Integrated graphics card? You'll need to update your drivers.

Is it possible to play project brutality multiplayer?

I'm pretty sure it's possible with the Zandronum 3.0 dev build.

best linux server source port for multiplayer?

Does anyone have a functioning DL for the English subtitled version of Grezzo 2?

So long as you don't need GZDoom as an explicit wad requirement you can use either ZDoom or Zandronium. Too bad though, Znadronium can't play the full 3D wad that just leased last month even though it's supposed to be compatible.

I remember my GZDoom having problems because my OS was too old and had to do a clean boot.

Fucking this
The download link on its respective site is dead

I got it
Lemme just upload it on mega

Why even live?

Yet Crysis 1 still looks so much better than GZDoom will ever become, what went wrong?

Is this why it runs like shit on AMD hardware?

Graf Zahl is a Nvidia fag so there is probably that.

I fucking hate it when people convert liveleak videos to gifs because finding the source is FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE

You got me curious now, what is it called?

To this day, there's still not a single weapons mod that isn't copying Xaser's Zen Dynamics in one way or another, including Brutal Doom itself. And even Grezzo 2 stole maps from Turbocharged Arcade's sequel. Yet noone outside of the doom community knows who that guy is.

Graf is retarded and hates his userbase, that's literally the only reason he's locking people out of GZDoom who don't have the latest nVidia™ card out in the market, when the engine doesn't even take advantage of 1% of the features he's boasting so much about. That it is the only OGL sourceport avaible that is on zdoom is its only saving grace, else people would have moved on to something else by now.

Well there is Hyper 3DGE, Doom64EX and the death Vavoom source ports that have OpenGL support, the only regression they have is no Decorate and ACS support which limits their modding capabilities. And to make this matter worse Zandronum OpenGL stuff are all based on GZDoom and they don't seem to be able to expand it on their own.

The only new shit he added is Bloom, some sort of lens effect, VR support which was made by somebody else and sprites rendering that can be further manipulated that's fucking it. Oh and there is no ground decal support so modders have to hack it in form of plane models which causes ugly shit like that it is "clipping" when the scorch mark is spawned at a map edge.

Also the Modeldef is not expanded or refined further, no additional mesh format support and no skeletal based animation because skeletal animation somehow doesn't work with decorate system.

Gone through The Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 so far, holy shit I can't believe that I haven't touched this series before. I've loaded up lights, brightmaps and Smooth Doom into GZDoom, but out of curiosity, is there anything else I can do to make my Doom look unnecessarily pretty while keeping the vanilla gameplay?

If GZDoom runs just fine for my computer, would there be a particular reason for me to switch off of it and use ZDoom or some other source port, aside from just "fuck Graf Zahl"?

Total chaos
wadaholic.wordpress.com/

Smooth Doom or Beautiful Doom.

Oh, that one. I thought you meant a more traditional style of wad that was fully 3D. Though that does remind me I still have to check it out.

Beautiful Doom does alter the vanilla gameplay slightly though.

You could load the high-res sounds wad along with Smooth Doom, and considering you're using GZDoom, it defaults to texture filtering. If you want the sprites to look crisp instead of being horribly smudged like any true patrician would you should go to display settings > opengl options > texture options and turn the texture filtering off.

If GZDoom works for you, it wouldn't really matter outside of certain features that other ZDoom mods have, as it's like 1 or 2 versions behind in that respect. Graf also develops for ZDoom although to a lesser extent, as it's more for features he wants in GZDoom, so it wouldn't really pan out in the moral aspect, even if he has said he hates every single non-purist who uses zdoom in the past.

You could try using the true color software rendering ZDoom: forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=52270
Or QZDoom: forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53605 Although QZDoom also uses GZDoom as a base.

As for your first question, there's this bloomhell mod made fairly recently that i absolutely abhor but might be the thing you're looking for forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54400

hmm the QZDoom source port looks interesting, especially the planned features/wish list which I am looking forward to it.

He certainly seems to think it is.

Fuck you 2016.

twitter.com/epyoncf/status/804482084702187520

Fucking ZENIMAX

But, oh hey, the Kikestarter campaign for Jupiter Hell finally started.

And this is why the West doesn't have a doujin scene.

Unless he's in Europe then it's not a civil case but unless he's been making money on the side I fail to see why he should shut it down.

Pastebins and all download links need to be updated as well as seeds added to the idgames torrent.

It looks pretty interesting as a project but I can't say if it's actually good because my potato computer can't actually run it. Maybe I'll have a decent computer by the time the damn thing is finished.

Brutal Marathon never ever

Yeah I get you.

just as bad as buzzfeed, why are you even linking to this site? use allthetropes.orain.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny

You guys heard about the cease and desist order issued to the Doom RL creator?

yes

I'm not entirely sure I'm at all impressed by how Jupiter Hell looks like, but I'll keep it on the back of my mind.

Delete your life

Had someone linked him the Trump Doom wad yet?

Nope, someone should get on that asap.

He'd probably have a melt-down considering he loves just about anything vaguely related to doom.

He got really passive aggressive about hdoom.

I thought he thought it was really funny

Can your computer run any other kind of GZDoom game?

I've been playing Doom4Doom, Project brutality and Trump doom without really much trouble, the other wad does launch but runs at like sub 10 FPS.

It's like it is made by Jeb Bush himself, a fucking 3D Engine made in 2001 has skeletal mesh support even. Yet that fucker wants other players to update their damn graphic card for a shitty bloom support, and again no bump map support. And yes I did looked at the ZDoom wiki no single mention of bump mapping.

Relevant:
forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3775&sid=9ad607e78ae3cd59b2a6baf637a33502
forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=4628

The new skullfuck version can finally catching up with ZDoom because they ditched Carnevil, I am going to gather some ideas and soon assaulting his damn forum because fuck that guy - of course all with screencaps for the future generation.

It is funny to think about that it took over a decade for a person to come over so that they have a larger color support for the software rendering.

GZdoom 2.x runs like crap when there's over 300+ sprites on screen at once, i don't want it go even worse.
i don't wanna switch to chocolate or prboom

Enforcing the OpenGL 3.0 minimum and still looking like a 90's game is pretty stupid too.

Also on Zandro 3.0, 2038 I can handle 400 enemies on single player just fine through it goes awfully slow at 200 enemies with low-poly models on them. Could it also be that alot of light effects are rendered in your game? They are not really "fast".

that is saddening

doing things that nobody will remember

Can't wait for a Vulkan-based fork of ZDoom that doesn't even make full use of the API and runs like ass.

Why are the files for Master Levels for Doom 2 such fucking clusterfuck? Why not just use one fucking wad like everything else in the world?

is there any reason to not just run zdoom or zandronum in software mode?

because it's just a glorified map pack. there were thousands of them, with ID's blessing or not

Make one yourself
maniacsvault.net/projects

Some wads rely on GZDoom's renderer.

Too fucking spoopy, can't, won't. Until I give in later tonight.

there's a ZDoom mod that lets you repack master levels into one WAD, and gives them a menu interface.

This mod needs complete enemy rehauls.

It's a pillowblaster mod. What did you expect?

Are you gonna try it with lowtech? The guns fit with the atmosphere better.
mediafire.com/file/u9g08tdl644cyme/Lowtech 08-11.pk3

Just tried it a bit, it's a pretty solid mod. Premise seems a bit thrown out the window with the 98K rifle though. Still, can pretend to be a very /his/ oriented /k/ommando with oblige.
I'm thinking of not actually plowing through unloved with this (QZDoom), it's way darker than it was probably intended.

Unloved is pretty dark, on the first two sections of the house you aren't supposed to see past 10 feet infront of you due to the lack of lighting to make enemy encounters more difficult, so that's probably normal.

Try playing it in a slaughtermap megawad with Colorful Hell.
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=47980

For use with integrated graphics/Intel Atom shit, do I use ZDoom or GZDoom.

Say, is anyone good at mapping?

ZDoom.

I can't make a map to save my life but some anons did some work in Term's DUMP2 and 3 not long ago and they're not too shabby, not sure if they're still around.

I'm trying to make a map like the opening stage of postal, but I can't make a map like this for the life of me.

I have the Doom Trilogy from 2003. Will I be able to use mods with it?

Try to draw blueprints of the entire map converting it from isometric to a top-down grid view first.

Won't I need new textures, too?

You could try rip those "textures" from Postal 1 map and flatten them somehow.

The .SAK file only has the sounds, sadly.

No I meant taking screenshots of those maps, edit in GIMP or so and make them seamless. Which is better than nuffin, I would have told u to rip those tiles but Postal 1 doesn't seems to be build like that.

I don't think I could do that.

So you can't draw? Meh I dunno then. I forget to mention that Krita can do seamless image better then Gimp.

It's a fun little mod, but the crossbow sucks ass period, let alone as a replacement for the rocket launcher.

Just take the DOOM and DOOM2 wads (plus plutonia if it has that) and stick them into GZDoom or something.

I suddenly desire to see a .wad based on the life of Andrew "Balloon Fight" Dobson.

How the fuck do I get this .wad to work?

Works fine with simple drag-and-drop on ZDoom 2.8.1.

Posting progress on wad.

I'm on 2.9 pre.

In case you don't want to switch ZDoom version you can open that wad in Slade, look for highlighted Decorate file and look up for highlighted lines (or search 0.l (lowercase L, Lima)) and replace 0.l with 0.1 and then save the changes.

Do we have a wiki for Doom rogue arsenal done yet? One where each letter of a combo is coloured properly instead of having to cross reference everything?

Also what map packs get the most out of it?

I don't- oh wait, there it is. Now, it's playable.

it's here

Yeah, Marathon is kinda ass to be honest, FOV so low it can give you motion sickness, feels incredibly clunky, mouse controls are akward and innacurate even when playing it on a modern sourceport, most of the enemies are completely non-threatening on normal difficulty and just try to mellee you but move really slowly.

In terms of sound design and story its fantastic but the gameplay of marathon is honestly pretty mediocre. Gotta be honest, I wasn't impressed with the Halo games either, I'll hold my tounge about how good or bad bungie is at making games until i've played Myth and some of the other stuff they've made but I can safetly say they suck ass at making FPS because either with a monstrous budget they haven't made any fps games beyond simply decent at best. And no, before anyone tries to defend them for the mediocrity that is halo 1 and the disappointment that is 2, I am not referring to any lack of content, I'm referring to poor gunplay, level design, game mechanics(muh regenerating sheilds hurrr durr, muh 2 gun limit, muh gaydar that basically makes me omniscient and completely renders many of the AI's attempts to trick the player completely useless thereby making a good portion of the effort that was put into constructing the AI for these enemies a complete waste of time on bungie's part, muh enemies that are complete damage sponges on heroic difficulty and above unless you shoot them in the head which ultimately ends up pigeonholing you into using BR/Alien Carbine/Pistol , muh average difficulty being so god damn easy it borders on walking sim territory for half the fucking game, muh library, muh 3 or so levels of the first game being fucking rehashes of previous levels etc. etc.)

Oh what did I say sound design? I meant to say music, the weapons in Marathon sound like reheated ass so it would be unfair to say that the game has good overall sound design because of how poorly it performs in the gunplay department. Music was good though, feel like that fit rather well. Nice atmospheric music. Also a better story than Gaylo: Combat Devolved.

So I've spent time with the new OBLIGE and I think it's overall a step in the right direction but not without its own problems.

The first but admittedly difficult issue to contend with isn't really an issue but a limitation by design. Like with previous OBLIGE versions, you will eventually see a repeat in the same setpieces and no amount of seeds will change this because OBLIGE plugs in those parts to construct a map. What makes it a bit different this time around is that the new pieces are a lot more interesting and feel more designed than your simple structures. The second issue is that even though it has more options, some previous ones are taken out. Playing Style -> Monsters -> Progressive is gone which was one way of allowing the monsters to ramp up from simpler enemies in the earliest stages to the harder ones in later stages accordingly, and in greater numbers. I feel like this should actually be its own option since it's basically two options at once. Third, the placement for secrets still suck. This is a problem that has always been there. When they went back to the base of version 3.?? (can't remember the exact version) the secrets sort of went to inconspicuous-wall placement. This isn't really a major issue and some are easily discoverable on instinct but it really interrupts the flow of some stages where in most cases you'll finish the stage and then go backtrack, humping the walls hoping the secret reveals itself.

play Duke Nukem Atomic Edition

Started up DoomRPG+RLA again with the new Oblige to generate a set of gigantic maps. Couple problems I ran into:

I wish pillowblaster would stop having a boner for making you an OP motherfucker, and realize destroying any challenge the game could possibly have gets boring way too quickly. His mods could be so much cooler.

Did Romero ever tell any tips on how he balances ammo and health in maps?

Why did no one ever make a dune wad?

Because those MIT Niggers are too busy making 6000+ addons for complex shit and bagel horde, that's what.

Does anyone have the image where user explains why NuDoom is such shit?

it's called "playtesting"

Those are some criminally underrated gets going on there tbh.

The fuck is this shit? It looks kinda fun in a comedic kinda way I guess.

hope he credited that

I'm making one, but it's for running with Trailblazer in Heretic & Hexen.

Speaking of Hexen, it is so fucking borked in recent devbuilds. The platforms in The Seven Portals that allow access to the Guardian of Ice don't lower, you can't access the central room in the Guardian of Steel, the 'Wendigo ambush' room in the Guardian of Ice can no longer be exited from…

What do you guys think of ZDoom Executor? I've been trying it and it is better than ZDL so far but nothing awfully special.

I checked it out and it's somewhat neat, but suffers from lack of modularity and design in some aspects.
You can't input custom IWAD that aren't "recognized" by the system, even though you can put in custom sourceports. All wads need to be neatly organized in an /idgames-like folder over folder style or else it becomes a fuckhuge mess of filenames in an endless list of them if you have them all on the same folder. There's some performance issues when selecting certain sourceports, as if it's attempting to hook into the damn thing and check which version the sourceport is (same with IWADs), which i don't think it should be doing at all. And i certainly don't like the non-minimalist white-over-white with black text and redundant buttons design, and i'm not sure if there's a way to change the color scheme outside of changing the sourcecode and recompiling it.

Just finished marathon, the gameplay wasn't _terrible_. The enemies are a challenge enough without being bullshit on the ultra violence equivalent, and the weapon variety was nice as well, even though the sprites are kinda meh. The level design on the other hand was atrocious, with annoying switch hunting, making you walk on damaging floors, puzzles in levels, and some "platforming" sprinkled in there as well.
Also i got trapped twice because of glitches. Once an elevator just wouldn't work because i entered the room from a different place, and the other it wouldn't register me killing a guy and i couldn't finish the level, sucked.
The other 2 games are supposed to be a lot better, though, so here's hoping.

DoomRL is now Open Source: github.com/ChaosForge/doomrl

Does that mean you can finally find the actual requirements for the Beserker set?

yup

Found the code for the Dragonslayer (udragon) and Berserker Armor (uberarmor) in uitems.lua near the bottom.
github.com/ChaosForge/doomrl/blob/master/bin/lua/items/uitems.lua

OnPickupCheck = function (self,being)
– XXX Maybe we should allow Barons of Hell to wield it since they are not really human…
if not being:is_player() then return false end
if being:is_affect("berserk") and being.eq:empty() then
return true
end
ui.msg("It's too heavy! No human could ever wield this thing…")
return false
end,

Based on the above code snippet, you can pick up the Dragonslayer only if you are under the Berserk effect and have no equipment on you.

OnEquipCheck = function (self,being)
if not being:is_player() then return false end
if not being.eq.weapon or being.eq.weapon.id ~= "udragon" or (being.hp >= being.hpmax / 2) then
ui.msg("How am I supposed to wear this thing??")
return false
end
return true
end,

Based on the above code snippet, you can only equip the Berserker Armor if you are wielding the Dragonslayer and your current hp is lower than half your max hp.

Now to search for "udragon" and "uberarmor" in the rest of the game's code to find how to spawn the damn items.

I could edit the source code and fix it but "Hurrr Delphi durrrrrrrr" and I don't feel like downloading and installing Rad Studio for this. I guess I could use Lazarus but that's way too much work.

Kickass!

Checking the fortress.lua and the limbo.lua/mortuary.lua files since the DoomRL wiki states that those levels guarantee you the Dragonslayer and Berserker Armor respectively once you complete the requirements.

To spawn the Dragonslayer in Unholy Cathedral (depth 17), you must:

To spawn the Berserker Armor in Limbo/Mortuary (depth 20) you must:

It seems that the "hellchampion3" medal is an important prerequisite. Look's like I have to do even more digging.

"hellchampion3" corresponds to the Hell Arena Pwnage Medal, which is earned through clearing the hell arena without taking damage on Nightmare difficulty.

Thus the actual requirements to becoming Guts are:
Now you are Guts. If there are any unnecessary steps, correct me on that.

Those who don't are faggots.
The mech mod he did was cool. Necrodoom i think it was.

I'm starting to think Necrodoom may be a better 40k mod than a necrodome port in doom due to how satisfying the H-V guns and Chainguns are and how similar they look and sound to Bolters and Autocannons respectively, minus the jams and blowing up parts that is. All they need is ammo and you're set for trouble.

It's not quite Doom related but are there any Quake maps/mods that play like Painkiller? Or good total conversions of Quake where you just move fast and shoot stuff.

When you crank up the difficulty its somewhat challenging but its still too damn easy in my opinion, a lot of the enemies are slow and their attacks are so easy to dodge, you can punch most enemies to death for 5 minutes.

I woudln't call it awful but the gameplay to me between the wonky mouse controls and the enemies which range from slow and completely non-threatening to massive damage sponges that don't really pose much of a challenge if you have the right equipment to deal with them is incredibly mediocre.

The weapon variety was bad

Wrong thread. Call me a faggot.

Make me.

more like shooting various demons with guns: the game

He talks about it for E1 in the "we play doom with john romero" video, and he released a pretty big video talking about his design and process for his E1M8 replacement, see if that helps.

(checked)

Bungie designs and balances their games with multiplayer first, first player second. So you won't see Bungie's best unless you play multiplayer.

Is there anyway to get Trump Doom to work with zlauncher? I want to play it with some friends but Trump Doom only works with GZdoom; can't use zandronum.

This is all perfect

Sauce?

there are very few compounds that are not a squat, dead or lunge variation. hip thrust and its variations is all the leg training that exists.

i love the leg press and dropped squats tho, nothing hits ur legs harder. and leg extensions are GOAT btw, theres no other way to hit the quads hard

fuckin good

Its one of those years where I don't know what vidya to get for christmas, people are asking what video games I'd like and i don't know what to tell them.

I guess I could tell them to get me nudoom.

It would be close to noir jazz, like miles Davis styled stuff

Same here lad

That's a very interesting interpretation. I like it.

you know you want to put amnesiac on that chart bb

I've seen the Serpa complaints and vids. Seemed like proper trigger discipline solves everything.

I actually looked into buying a Safariland level III for OC during their black Friday sale but decided against it because everyone in Connecticut would undoubtedly call the police on me everywhere I went.

Might try an OWB as per your rec for the winter months though!

6/10 b8, but however. Is there any evidence of what you just asserted?

Is cyberdemon531 always such a sperg?

I'm watching a charity stream and he's losing his shit and claiming to be harassed because a guy trolled him.

doomworld.com/23years/index.php

It's that time again.

Make another AoE healer so you don't have to play him every gosh darn game.

So will Blizzard

Anyone able to share doom2.wad? Mine is corrupted and keeps making ZDoom throw segfaults, none of my other .wads are doing it, including ones that use doom2.wad as an iwad. Note the link here has been ded for ages.

You want to play on at least the second highest difficulty if you're looking for a challenge, failing that Total Carnage surely must give you some trouble. On top of this, the first game is generally regarded - even by diehard fans of the series - as being really cramped and annoying. The second game and Infinity are better, although Infinity has a few throwback maps that are cramped like 1.

You should check out the big 6 community-made campaigns, particularly Marathon Phoenix. A lot of them are big improvements over the original games when it comes to gameplay. Although most of them continue the Marathon tradition of spending a while on each map having no idea what to do.

what build is it?

every PS2 game worth a damn is already infinitely better on Xbox

Vanilla is shit because of the unbalanced specs, items, and massive bugs.

Although a very good game, TW3 is incredibly flawed. Not only in terms of gameplay, but its own design is inherently flawed because it conflicts with the main idea/focus of the game.

Like me.

how can mirrors be real if we aren't?

Compared to what Doom 4 was supposed to be originally, NuDoom is an absolute miracle. I've never seen a single game be marketed so poorly.

I was under the impression that the top ten didn't have any sort of order. They were just the top ten.

What is your obsession with boys in their underwear? I've seen you post at Holla Forums too

The fuck do you mean by that?

They don't. That user is just an idiot.

Doesn't matter. I don't date for love. I date for partnership. That means, what can you do for me…what can I do for you. What are their needs and can I meet them (I rarely care about their "wants") and vice versa.

The fact she games is of little concern. When you tell your girlfriend that you just beat that hard level in Dark Souls, let me tell you a little secret…she doesn't care. Not at all. Oh, she looks like she does, but she's just being nice so you'll pretend to care about the fight she's having with another girl at work.

Enough so the trumpster can shaft them all and send them back to their planet

Looks like we're still getting hit with the spam. Thanks, Bui.

Really makes me ponder.

I'm a little confused as to what's going on here.

I can't, because there are literally none.
Only people in denial or shekel hungry mobile devs trying to shill their product will say otherwise.

And they think it excels at everything
The level design ON ITS OWN
LIKE THAT user FUCKING SAID
Isn't great
Only the inter connectivity for an rpg is great

This is a fucking metroidvania thread
And we are arguing about souls
Which isnt even a real metroidvania
Batman Arkham asylum is more of a metroidvania than Dark Souls

God I hate you so much
Everyone else too btw.

I made this thread to bait the artificial difficulty crowd.
Don't tell anyone though. ; )

They bought Technosoft ips.
I'm expecting a new Thunderforce in the future.

fatal frame/ project zero 1 and 2

3 is good enough, but feels like more of the same and the T&A-pandering which tainted all the rest of the games was beginning to grow its roots here

I may be a thirsty autist but I do not want to be a fat balding ginger manlet.

The hell are these offtopic shit coming from? bots on rampage?

Team Fortress 2

Got any screenshots of people in them? Also, what level should I be before I try to take any Jackals on?

I from what an user in the dominions 4 thread has told me here some furry decided to crash this chan with no survivors because no one wanted to yiff with him.

>>>Holla Forums737648

'WADs' magnet incoming
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1e038af457fcc79d9019971f162012be93479ca9&dn=WADs&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ffr33domtracker.h33t.com%3A3310%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A80%2Fannounce
Also uploaded doom2.wad to the vola:
volafile.io/r/HF33Go

Yes? How fucking new are you?

The OST was incredible,bros.

Tell me your rank, gosu

lol
Not to mention he was right on the money. PS3 was not worth getting for many years

What did he mean by this?

I only mentioned white trash because it says right on the package
I'm white so stop getting annoyed at me your favorite snack fucking sucks

He says that, but he really just wants attention. Probably why he shifted from just /furry/ and /erp/ to the most popular boards on the site.

Ok fuck it's still throwing segfaults. In particular it keeps happening when I go through the hidden door near the pool of mud with the stealth demon in it on E1M4 of Doom 2.

It is not happening in any other WADs as far as I can tell. Any suggestions or should I just re-install ZDoom? Note I'm playing on Linux, installed ZDoom from the AUR.

Wow, what the fuck is going on?

Furry autism happened.

Don't engage it, user. It's one of them.

My apologies. I'm retarded and I'm way past the time I should go to bed. See y'all anons around or something.
pls no

I-I just wanted to know why there were so many off-topic posts…

Oh, my mistake. The AI's have been lurking and shitposting, hence why we have temporary CAPTCHAs. Be vigilant. I'll believe you're not one of them for now.

bump

Good job, hyena man.

Anyone wanna test some levels I made? Only the first two are in a real playable state and I'm busy working on the later ones. I could particularly use some feedback on the health/item/secret placement.

a.cuntflaps.me/bzvmei.wad

Anyways, the first level could use some more shotgun shells, especially at the cafeteria where you fight the Cacos. Also, I couldn't get the chaingun room secret to activate, although that's probably because I don't know where the switch for that is.
The second level has a slight bug where there are two secret activations in the plasmagun secret room, which gives the secret counter 12 secrets instead of 11 secrets.

Am I the one who understands the power of the chainsaw?

Deimos Lab is a shit level

F
U
C
K

Y
O
U

SgtMarkIV did nothing wrong.
Brutal Doom is the future of gaming.
I can't wait till the (((Doom Community))) collapses.
enjoy this bait faggots

Drama and bait aside, one of the things I thoroughly enjoy about Brutal Doom that I think was fine-tuned in Sperglord Edition was the gameplay mechanic of targeting specific body parts. Lobbing heads off of zombies and imps with a single shot isn't just a flashy effect, it helps conserve ammo on harder difficulties and it feels incredibly satisfying to land a successful shot as fast as you can. There's also the gameplay mechanic for how to successfully salvage monster weapons like the Revenant's rocket pods and the Mancubus' fire cannon. Overall, I was extremely pleased to see that incorporated into Brutal Doom but it's a shame something like that is taken for granted because of the drama and people dismissing it as ow the edge. Even if it was a stroke of luck on Sgt. Mark's part and even if he designed it that way for the sake of brutal edgyness, those two gameplay mechanics need to be used more.

Anyone got the scoped shotgun from pizzaquest?

NuDOOM is fun

delete this

you tricked me

This looks like dwarf fortress

any good maps where you have to survive waves of enemies

Ultimate Torment and Torture Invasion:
doomworld.com/idgames/deathmatch/skulltag/utnt_inv
And Alpha/Delta Invasion:
allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=dtinv3c.pk3
Are pretty good invasion mapsets. You'll need to use Zandronum to play them though since they were made specifically for Skulltag and ZDoom can't run them.

The joke is I actually like Brutal Doom and it's derivatives. It's just that it feels like at this point it feels like it became "the mod it's cool to hate" kind of what Aeons of Death was at some point. Some other fags hate it on the basis of "muh aim down sights".

As for dismembering it could use some refining (the more recent derivative I played is Project Brutality so that's the one I have in mind for most of these examples).
It seems that, outside of headshots, dismemberment seems more or less random, I kept trying shooting legs off imps with the shotgun and assault rifle, but never popped a leg off. When I'm not trying it does seem to happen. I don't get it.
The fact that imps are sometimes left in a vulnerable state for either a melee attack or to be used as "human" shields and that those states are hard to tell apart is frustrating.
I also heard that you could hijack Arachnotron bodies when their head pop off, never managed to do it

I SAID DEIMOS LAB IS A SHIT LEVEL
What other levels in Doom 1 are shit? Episode 1 is flawless.

BD uses actor-based locational damage, and it's just not very good in Doom.

The heads of monsters are actually separate actors. Unless Mark has actually changed it (doubt it) he's spawning a new one every tic or so, rather than spawning one 'head' actor and putting it in master/child relationship with the 'body' actor and using A_Warp to constantly reposition it to its master. Leg shots work the same way; a separate actor. You only have two parameters that determine dimensions of the hitbox; Height and Radius. And no, the hitbox is not a cylinder, despite the fact that a square can't have a equidistant distance from center. Doom collision code is rudimentary.

The only other levels that are truly shit imo are Command Center and Fortress of Mystery. Episode 2 in general is really weak.

Does anyone know the name of that impressive as hell WIP brawler/horror thing some guy worked on that's basically nothing but melee and incredible texturing and shadows with 3D models and stuff?
I'm trying to find it to show a tech enthusiast friend of mine what they're doing with ID Tech's first iteration at this point.

all the shit levels are in Doom 2

It's called Total Chaos, by the same guys who made Shotgun Frenzy. It was released last month.