Stop what you're doing

Stop what you're doing.

Now's the time to take an hour out of your day to play a video game.

It can be any game. It could be one that you're still trying to work through, or it could be a game that you have, but haven't tried yet.

Stop browsing this site for just one hour, and come back and share your experience.

Please do it. It'll be good for you. I promise.

Thank you.

What did you think I've been doing recently? I've been playing Titanfall 2, Yakuza 4, and Uncharted 4.

I spent an hour playing someone in guilty gear. It was fun as fuck. Going to do it again later in the week.

I played MGSVGZ earlier in Nipponese. I still don't understand shit. Apparently the game has separate save files for the Japanese version, so if you switch languages you'll have to start the game from scratch.

I played UNIEL today. I'm thinking of maining either Orie or Akatsuki. Nanase is worst girl.

Goddamit R.O.B., I will as soon as I wake up. I'm sleeping in 15 mins. Just for you I will continue playing pokemon red on the 3ds and try to fufill my goal of getting a mew and missingno to transfer to the new pokemon.

I think that one user was right, Missingno will be classified as an ultrabeast in new one.

Don't really feel like it at the moment. Been holding off on a game in particular though until I can manage to find a decent way to play its sequel as well, and I think tonight I might be set to doing just that (been having to prep some game files for transfer to a particular drive; with any luck tonight it'll work).

Did replay Metroid Fusion earlier this week. I'd forgotten just how dickish some of those boss fights can be. I mean, in a way, I'm not complaining as it certainly fits the vibe (being stuck in a place where everything wants you to die fast and hard so they can assimilate your knowledge/form), but some of them can go fuck themselves. And in particular, fuck that gauntlet involving getting the Reactor Silo online. Two boss fights (one of them being that obnoxious spider) and being chased by the SA-X, and nowhere to save in-between; that message from your computer that the save rooms are back online but there's still not enough power to open the doors to them yet is just a kick in the balls.

AC on PC?
I fucking need people to fight in that. I haven't had decent competition in years. I have to be so out of practice.
Never played figthan online though. I expect a shitshow.

Also, I've been playing Tactics Ogre, but I mostly let it auto battle while I shitpost as of late.

I spent two fucking hours playing consuming shadow (a game yahtzee made), only to die by one of those fart monsters while bleeding in stonehendge.

But I'm playing Fates right now, R.O.B. It's not nearly as bad as people make out in terms of gameplay, even if the story is horrendous.

I tried playing that the other day, but the isometric perspective confused me, and I think somehow I set it to auto battle without realizing. Should I try again?

I bought +R on steam recently, but haven't been able to find anyone online. I'm learning Slayer at the moment.

Installed and played Lost Odyssey earlier on my Xbone. I'm gonna see if my friends are up to play Titanfall 2 on PSN, but if not then I guess I'll play some Dungeon Travelers 2 on my Vita.

I've been meaning to do that since I've been feeling too burnt out of internet browsing.

Mah nigga. Easily the best shooter I've played in years. Campaign was excellent, only flaw is that's too short. Multiplayer is a blast, I only wish they'd have some more Titan customization. Gotta enjoy it now before it dies

I mean even if I find people, netcode is too shit to play properly. Even guys from my own country are unplayable, while I have no problem with foreigners in Xrd.
AC+R with proper good netcode is a dream, that will never come true for me.

Yes. It is near endless fun. Also, near endless frustration. Also, you can switch to a top down view by holding one of the shoulder buttons and pressing left and right. Up and down I think changes the zoom. I only use it when I need to see around shit, and it automatically returns to normal view when the next action is performed.

I just need to buy another controller so people can play locally with me, I guess.

Finally started playing E.Y.E, it's surprisingly fun, enough so that I'll probably finish it

It had better not be

EYE is in my top 10

hell yeah

I have never played it, but I think I understand the concept of it.
Is it a single player thing, or does it have some multiplayer function? I mean, does it have coop and shit. There's plenty of games for deathmatch.

All the DM stuff is endgame stuff.

I have no interest in PVP, if that's what you're saying. I would stand no chance against such veterans that must exist at this point.

I love the multiplayer, especially the bounty hunt mode, but I'm not entirely interested in the single player.

It's all dead by now and I never cared for it tbh.

I've been simultaneously playing the new pokemon while shitposting. Still trying to breed a ubermensch mon, but no dice yet. Everything is 5/6

It's been an hour.

Did you have fun?

I decided to masturbate instead. I'm playing video games now tho

Oh shit, this really is a ROB thread

I played Melee, are you happy now?

Shovel Knight was okay.

Did what you said by trying out the main Touhou games (Namely Cherry Blossum & Imperishable Night.)
It could be because I haven't put enough time into them & refined my skill but I've been getting handed like a casual & thats only on normal mode.

ROB threads. ♥

Back to videogames.
I played Starbound for a couple of hours tonight. Just being comfy, building up a farm, a lab, and catching me some monster pets.

Several, actually, and two of them live like three blocks away.

Hold shift sometimes.

I bet you don't fucking realize how lucky you are.

You better believe it!

Rob is a fucker.

I played Sonic CD for an hour, for the first time in my life. I had a Sega CD as a kid, but I couldn't ever track down Sonic CD.
Some of these tracks are banging.

Probably.
Also, Venom a best.

Wow, I just realized that I haven't played a game in ages. Just spent my free time watching others play games for me like a complete faggot.

IN is actually one of the easier TH games. In general level 3 is where you need to serious up, stage 4 is a gear check that will kick your ass.

Against Keine, hold shift to focus, and continuously tap right or left as bullets almost touch you, rather than constant movement. This is a good trick to lead bullets that aim at you.

Against Reimu 4, I tend to do better, but I find dodging her attacks to be stressful. The barrier mirror is a meat gimmick and its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. For Marisa 4, I'm not too good at clearing her spells, but I find her a lot more fun to fight.

Also who are you playing as? Reimu is a good choice for beginners and the ghost team has really good damage.

Also, try UFO or SA if you want a stupid difficulty spike even on normal. The boss of SA 5 normal took me 2 hours to beat with constant retries, and this is from someone who did IN on hard 1cc, once.

i played hotline miami in the hour before i saw this post, does that count?
it's been pretty fun so far.

Nah. I played it on an arcade cabinet. Though I do have it on pc.

I know that I'm lucky. I need to get that guys number so I can keep in contact with him. Having someone to play it with is the most fun I've had in weeks.

Where do you find these people? Is it tournaments or just some city?

I played killer 7. It was fun until I ran into the protector z smiles and a bunch of phantom smiles.

I roll Reimu with needles. Feels unsatisfying to have homing aim.
I thought it'd be since Ran seems to go fast & eat up enemies more than I shoot them.
I just wish I could 1cc without having to use a continue or without having to be reminded of Sakuya in ESOD laughing at me because I was a chump.

Siege:

Holy shit, heart attack after heart attack.

I would place myself one room out of the objective as Def, usually as Mute with a shotty after I muted the objective room, and I would focus on an entry point. This room is my room, behind me is friendly space, in front of me is my shotgun killzone. time would tick by as I look at the cam right in front of my room to gauge when an attacker would get into my buckshot spread, and when I get a target the silence followed by their footsteps as they encroach upon my room would kill me. Then they come in, head right in my ironsight. A trigger pull afterwords and a +100 Kill for me.

I don't know what to play, any recommendations?

You make me happy.

I will see you again soon.

Remember to be happy.

Shine on you crazy diamond

I just played CS:GO for an hour and our team got spinbotted for the whole match. Other team refused to kick him because he was apparently playing cool music

what music was he playing? Was it something edgy or something that only ifunny would fine amusing?

I was about to go to bed, you cunt.

Oh neo-neo-Holla Forums

Absolutely!

Spent the last 4 hours training my fishing in oldschool runescape.

Alright, I'm gonna play some OpenXcom. More specifically, I'm going to play some more of the Final Mod Pack. I haven't played it for well over a year, so a lot of stuff has changed. UFO Defense is my ultimate comfy game, so I'm ready for a good time.

I'm going to load a save I played a few hours of last night. I'll play it for an hour and come back and talk about how poorly everything went. But for some context, here's what has happened so far in my fairly fresh save.

When I started, the first thing I had to do was outfit my soldiers so they could even function. Final Mod Pack adds a whole bunch of weapons. I didn't get any magnums or add any SMGs, because they aren't really what I'm looking for. The LMG is horrible, because it has no aimed shot, and it's auto fire, despite firing 5 rounds, isn't very effective for how heavy it is. The HMG, Minigun, and Light Minigun are all trap weapons that sound good on paper, but you realize that it takes 80%+ of your TUs to fire, so the only way to reliably fire the weapon is to end your turn with direct line of fire on an alien. That's exactly what I don't want my end-turn to look like.

I went ahead and settled with giving an Assault Rifle as the standard weapon. It's fairly light, has a 4-round auto shot, and is more accurate with auto fire than the default rifle. It's aimed fire is less accurate, which is supposed to be the flaw, but the TU reduction associated with the aimed shot means you can snipe twice for the same cost as one aimed shot from a standard rifle. Also, the picture shows a second ammo for the assault rifle - I just unlocked alien alloy ammunition, which will help give my soldiers greater chances of rolling a fatal shot on standard aliens.

The rest of the gear was simple. I needed a heavy weapon, so that if (when) I encounter cyberdisks, I can actually puncture their armor. The only weapon that suited this task was the distribution of high explosives to the stronger soldiers. The other weapons require too many TUs to fire, ensuring that nobody would ever be in the right place at the right time. I picked up some extra grenades and smoke grenades. Finally, I looked at the starting armor choices, and ignored them entirely. Losing time units and reaction points just ensures that soldiers would get react fired upon even more than they already do, and that's not an acceptable trade for a 2% chance to not instantly die when fired upon.

The last image is the alien laser rifle, or the advanced weapon I just unlocked alongside alloy ammunition. I'm going to deploy two with my squad. I have more in store, but I don't want to eat all of the ammunition up, since I can't actually manufacture the batteries yet.

Here's a glance at the losses I've taken so far. It's currently mid april. There are no losses in March due to the fact that I didn't manage to intercept a single UFO, nor did the aliens attempt any terror attacks.

The biggest loss I took was Benoit. He single-handedly carried a terror mission, but during the hunt for the final hidden floater, got react fired upon from a window of a building I had thought clear. He earned most of his medals from that terror mission.

Pan is my leading officer. He's currently a commander, due to the large amount of recruits I have on hand (20 at the main base, 10 at a radar outpost). He has been on every mission, so his record shows what has happened so far.

The first terror was a rapid defeat. I had lost multiple soldiers when leaving the Skyranger, After exchanging fire with a pair of sectoids, I noped right out of there. I had nothing valuable to lose, only leaving behind a few assault rifles and grenades.

The third terror mission was aborted immediately. I had landed and immediately had contact with two cyberdisks. I didn't have all that much love for San Francisco, anyway.

All of the missions in April have had no casualties. That's due to the advent of personal armor. Instead of casualties, I now have a sick bay filled with sergeants who are entirely too lucky.

I'm off to play another hour of this save. I've been having a good time with it. Wish me luck.

I played Medieval 2 Total War for about 10 hours straight on Saturday. I'm drowning in academic shit right now so no more vidya for me until next week at the least.
I really did enjoy fucking Milan in the ass, though. Poland backstabbed me, we were in a formal alliance and they were planning to help Portugal invade me all along.
I'm going burn their cities to the ground for that.

Just played Titanfall 2 on my PS4 for an hour. I was hoping some of my friends would be on, but it looks like I missed them by almost an hour. I'll have to play with them a bit tomorrow.

I wish they had PCs so I could play with KB/m with them. The game is still great with a controller, but I'm too used to playing Titanfall on my PC.

Played some Titanfall 2 multiplayer. I'm not even close to good but holy shit, I keep getting complete retards in my team. The lack of matchmaking is fucking horrible.

The singleplayer does some really creative shit. I played it not expecting anything but it was actually really neat.

I'm continuing my playthrough of The 7th Stand User. Left Pakistan and reached Saudi Arabia, fought The Sun, beat the crap out of The Sun because Miracles and Hierophant Green don't need to see what they're hurting, then beat up Death 13. Currently meeting Cameo and, what was his Stand, Judgment?

So far I'm probably underleveled as fuck because I hate grinding, but I'm trudging on.

I've played so much UFO Defense that it's downright therapeutic. I had a pretty good time. The month of April ended without any occurances. The entire world was pleased, except for Canada. The United States is the next priority for radar coverage.

Shortly after, I started tracking a large UFO. I wasn't able to intercept it before it attacked Atlanta. This mission wasn't out of the ordinary - it was just a floater terror mission. I rarely use smoke grenades, but the mod adds a few extra terror maps. This one was a variant of the docks from TFTD, so I ended up using about half of the smoke grenades I brought. I only lost one soldier. The civilian population didn't fare as well.

The next mission was an intercepted small UFO in Madagascar. These definitely aren't vanilla aliens - they're Anthropod remakes (demakes?) from Apocalypse. I presume they are resistant to solid ammunition, as my alloy-equipped assault rifles struggled to puncture their hides. Because of this, I lost a sergeant during an exchange of gunfire. She received the second level of Rising Star, a badge given to those who were rapidly rising through the ranks, along with the Heroic Order badge, which is given to a fallen soldier who performed well throughout their career. I wasn't brave enough to try and capture an Anthropod in this mission.

During this time, I researched an improved interceptor. It's a traditional human-engine interceptor made from alien alloys. It's faster and more durable than the default interceptor, so I began production. I'll phase the default interceptor out by the end of the month.

I had a good time. I'd recommend the mod. The balance of all of the side equipment at the start is dubious at best, due to everything being completely worthless, but as you unlock new technologies, future technologies seem to represent a marked improvement over previous generations of equipment. Except the "advanced firearms" category at the start. Those weapons are either too heavy or have low usability. The heavy cannon with AA-AP rounds will likely penetrate a cyberdisk, and the tactical sniper rifle could probably kill a muton, but there are ways to handle those threats without sacrificing everything else about a soldier.